Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Preacher

Series premiere Sunday, May 22 on AMC.

Starring the very sexy Dominic Cooper, followed by "Talking Preacher" with Chris Hardwick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431April 9, 2019 7:10 PM

Dominic Cooper is a very hot man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 20, 2016 1:44 AM

Why must Chris Hardwick always be there to explain it all to us? Does he think he is Clarissa? Or perhaps he harbors delusions of being Sister Mary Ignatius, hmm?

by Anonymousreply 2May 20, 2016 1:45 AM

AMC keeps trying to make Chris Hardwick happen.

He does Talking Dead for both Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead, Talking Saul for "Better Call Saul," and now Talking Preacher.

Howcome he never talked "Mad Men?"

by Anonymousreply 3May 20, 2016 1:47 AM

I love Cooper but more demonic bullshit? "American Horror Story", "Lucifer", "Childhood's End", "Rosemary's Baby", "Wicked City" is there any particular reason why everyone's become obsessed with stories of Demons and the glorification of evil at exactly the same time?

Bunch O' creepers...

by Anonymousreply 4May 20, 2016 1:48 AM

Isn't Preacher based on a comic book?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 20, 2016 1:50 AM

"Howcome he never talked "Mad Men?"

No comic book was involved.

If Riverdale was on AMC, trust me, there would be a Talking Riverdale hosted by Chris Hardwick.

by Anonymousreply 6May 20, 2016 1:53 AM

R5 So? Most comics are demented.

by Anonymousreply 7May 20, 2016 1:58 AM

R4, I had no idea that Preacher was about something supernatural.

The previews on AMC don't hint at that at all! They made it seem like an offbeat, quirky comedy.

by Anonymousreply 8May 20, 2016 2:54 AM

I'm so excited about the premiere tonight.

AMC has really been hyping this show, so I hope that it's actually good, and not just "hype."

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2016 7:46 PM

I fucking LOVED this comic book. At one point this was going to be a feature film. Garth Ennis wrote a screenplay based on his own comic book series, but it never happened. So glad it's finally made its way to the screen.

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2016 7:51 PM

This picture is from one of the comic book covers, and I couldn't even begin to tell you what's going on here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2016 7:57 PM

It also comes on at 10, so I can catch GoT first. Yes!

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2016 8:14 PM

So how was it?

by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2016 12:22 AM

R13, girl it comes on at 10 PM ET.

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2016 12:51 AM

Loved the comic series.

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2016 12:53 AM

Premieres tonight with a 90 minute episode, right after "Fear The Walking Dead"!

I can't wait!!

by Anonymousreply 16May 23, 2016 12:54 AM

Thought I'd share this interesting article with the comic creator, Garth Ennis:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 23, 2016 1:00 AM

IT'S STARTING NOW!

by Anonymousreply 18May 23, 2016 2:02 AM

What was that stuff with outerspace??

by Anonymousreply 19May 23, 2016 2:06 AM

R3 He did do a Talking Mad show! It was only on a few times . Matt Weiner was on one of them.

by Anonymousreply 20May 23, 2016 3:09 AM

WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH?!?

by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2016 3:33 AM

R21, good or bad? Haven't watched.

by Anonymousreply 22May 23, 2016 3:38 AM

R22. I have no fucking idea. I think I loved it, but I have no clue what was going on.

by Anonymousreply 23May 23, 2016 3:41 AM

R4, I was about to post the same thought. And don't forget "Damien." Note also ABC's logo for "Preacher," featuring an upside-down Christian Cross. And the large skull for "Walking Dead."

The recent TV "trend" (although Pop music has bee replete with these images for a couple decades at least) is to impress upon young minds that this life is all there is, so "Do What Thou Wilt."

by Anonymousreply 24May 23, 2016 3:44 AM

No accident it was confusing to those of us who didn't read the comic. Part of the entertainment will come from the pieces all falling into place.

by Anonymousreply 25May 23, 2016 3:53 AM

AMC sure loves British actors, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 26May 23, 2016 4:04 AM

The best scene was the Preacher kicking the asses of the rednecks who were dressed in full Confederate army uniforms. It was very satisfying to watch. I'll bet r4 and r24 would have been angered by seeing the Sons of the South treated so heinously.

by Anonymousreply 27May 23, 2016 6:16 AM

AMC also loves to ignore the existence of gay people. Breaking Bad made it through 5 seasons set in a gay-free theme park for straights who just want to continue ignoring gay people. Preacher's going to try its damnedest to remain pure too, especially with a BB producer's involvement.

by Anonymousreply 28May 23, 2016 6:18 AM

r3 that is not true. He never did a show for Mad Men. He did do a few for Breaking Bad but never Mad Men.

by Anonymousreply 29May 23, 2016 7:04 AM

" is there any particular reason why everyone's become obsessed with stories of Demons and the glorification of evil at exactly the same time?"

Donald Trump is the presumptive Republican nominee for President.

Sign of the times.

by Anonymousreply 30May 23, 2016 7:16 AM

Another show trying to be weird, I am going to pass on this one

by Anonymousreply 31May 23, 2016 2:31 PM

WILL all the pieces fall into place? WILL any of this ever make sense in retrospect?

by Anonymousreply 32May 23, 2016 2:48 PM

So what is the plot?

by Anonymousreply 33May 23, 2016 3:01 PM

The plot has something to do with a highly dysfunctional preacher who is spectacularly bad at his job who is slammed with some unknown force which allows him to control other people by telling them what to do.

by Anonymousreply 34May 23, 2016 3:33 PM

[quote] WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH?!?

I knew this would be the reaction. I felt the same way.

After reading the wiki article about the comic book, I gather that the Preacher becomes some kind of crime fighter against evil.

The guy with the Scottish accent seems to be the villain. He's like a half angel half devil type of character who feeds on other living creatures, in order to survive. I'm not sure why he showed up at the Preacher's sermon, so maybe that will be explained later. But he does seem to like the Preacher.

The guys who showed up at the end (I think) are looking for the villain guy. I'm not sure if they are with him, or against him.

In the airplane, it seems like all of the guys who were trying to kill the guy with the Scottish accent, know that he's bad. They were trying to surprise him, but he knew who they were, and killed all of them. Then he drank the blood of the pilot, and bailed from the airplane.

When he landed on the ground, he obviously splatted, and his guts came out. So he sucked the life out of the cow, in order to "repair" himself.

I'm still wondering what is the "force" that made the African and Russian "preachers" explode. I do have to laugh at the "BREAKING NEWS" story on the television in the background, that reported about how "Tom Cruise has exploded!!!" Hahaha Fucking Seth Rogen. He took a huge dig at Scientology in that scene.

So why didn't that "force" make the Preacher explode, when it knocked him down in the church? Does this Preacher have a special power or something?

So far, this show has caught my interest, so I'll keep watching. Plus, I think that Dominic Cooper is very sexy.

by Anonymousreply 35May 23, 2016 3:40 PM

Actually, since the "guy with the Scottish accent" referred to himself as Irish, R35, and is named Cassidy it would seem fair to say that he is the "guy with the Irish accent".

I also suspect that the fact that the force did not explode the Preacher is probably going to be integral to the plot and most likely the point of the whole series.

You are totally correct in stating that Dominic Cooper is very sexy.

by Anonymousreply 36May 23, 2016 3:45 PM

I don't really like how this show is cast.

The Irish guy is a vampire.

by Anonymousreply 37May 23, 2016 5:32 PM

No idea why this thread doesn't come up in the thread search... type in "Preacher" (an EXACT match), and ... nothing. Tons of OTHER threads, but not this one. The search function in this forum sucks.

by Anonymousreply 38May 23, 2016 7:10 PM

So the thing that made the preachers explode is from outerspace.... but seems to selectively choose religious types?

by Anonymousreply 39May 23, 2016 7:13 PM

I wanted to love this, I've been waiting for its premier for several weeks now, and yet 20 minutes into it last night, there was nothing compelling me to watch more. So I read a book instead. Did it get better? Or was it a let-down?

by Anonymousreply 40May 23, 2016 7:18 PM

my theory as to why Preacher didn't explode: he has no faith in god. the other's we saw apparently did. especially the black guy in africa.

loved the WTF of this first episode. and yes, Dom is very sexy. as for Arseface....

by Anonymousreply 41May 23, 2016 7:26 PM

What a pointless show.

by Anonymousreply 42May 23, 2016 7:27 PM

The first preacher we see explode is a Christian in Africa. He is a true believer.

The second preacher we see explode is a satanist in Russia. He is a true believer.

The third preacher who explodes is Tom Cruise. He is a true believer.

Jesse Custer does not explode because he is not a true believer, nor a true non-believer. He is a fucked up man with a definite spiritual side. The power that entered him apparently thinks that is a desirable trait.

by Anonymousreply 43May 23, 2016 7:37 PM

You just have to open your heart, R40.

by Anonymousreply 44May 23, 2016 8:46 PM

[quote] No idea why this thread doesn't come up in the thread search... type in "Preacher" (an EXACT match), and ... nothing. Tons of OTHER threads, but not this one. The search function in this forum sucks.

Same here. The search function is all over the place. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 45May 23, 2016 10:37 PM

[quote] Jesse Custer does not explode because he is not a true believer, nor a true non-believer. He is a fucked up man with a definite spiritual side. The power that entered him apparently thinks that is a desirable trait.

I was wondering about that.

Jesse's "lady friend" said that he was asleep for three days. I wonder what happened there?

Is that invisible force still inside of him? Has it affected him in a negative way?

Interestingly, when the Preacher spoke to that annoying guy who kept complaining about his mother, after the Preacher was "infected," the annoying guy fell under some kind of spell, and then killed himself. Was that the effect of the "force?" Did it make that guy kill himself? And what was it about the Preacher's words that made him do it?

There are a ton of questions remaining after episode one.

Talking Preacher won't be on until next week, so maybe some questions will be answered then.

by Anonymousreply 46May 23, 2016 11:13 PM

R33, why do you presume there's a plot?

by Anonymousreply 47May 24, 2016 12:10 AM

R46, he just literally followed the suggestion. So basically, his 'power' is compelling people to do what he says. God forbid they be literalists or misinterpret what he meant.

Shades of Jessica Jones there.

by Anonymousreply 48May 24, 2016 12:12 AM

What was with the guy who had an anus for a mouth?

by Anonymousreply 49May 24, 2016 2:23 AM

R49:

Chris hard wick won't appear until next week...

by Anonymousreply 50May 24, 2016 2:27 AM

lol, R50.

by Anonymousreply 51May 24, 2016 2:30 AM

No no no... the guy with the asshole for a face!

by Anonymousreply 52May 24, 2016 2:30 AM

Jesse and Cassidy would be hot together.

by Anonymousreply 53May 24, 2016 3:22 AM

Judging from his talk with Jesse I assume Arseface attempted suicide by shooting himself in the face.

by Anonymousreply 54May 24, 2016 3:26 AM

[quote]The guy with the Scottish accent seems to be the villain. He's like a half angel half devil type of character who feeds on other living creatures, in order to survive.

Um, you mean the Irish vampire?

by Anonymousreply 55May 24, 2016 4:19 AM

Dominic Cooper's incredible edible ass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 24, 2016 4:39 AM

I wonder if anus-face gives good head.

It's a strange decision to show the 90 minute premiere again next week, and not give us a new regular episode for two weeks...

by Anonymousreply 57May 24, 2016 5:39 AM

I abandoned it 34 minutes in. Nothing compelling about this show

by Anonymousreply 58May 24, 2016 7:37 AM

Here's an article about how the comic book was adapted for television:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 24, 2016 8:05 AM

might check it out, though I tend to stay clear of sci fi series because they never follow through with all the mysteries/lore they present and just end up as one big muddled mess. with that being said, this actor is brilliant in the underrated, devil's double. A must if see if your a political junkie-- gives you a whole new perspective of middle eastern tyrants.

by Anonymousreply 60May 24, 2016 10:23 AM

[quote]AMC keeps trying to make Chris Hardwick happen.

I don't know about making him "Happen," but Hardwick's been around for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 61May 24, 2016 10:49 AM

R58, there was more interesting in the second half than the first.

You give up too easily.

by Anonymousreply 62May 24, 2016 1:49 PM

Is Cassidy a vampire in the comic books?

There was no indication of this in the show, other than the drinking of the pilot's blood.

by Anonymousreply 63May 24, 2016 6:56 PM

I was looking forward to it too. But it seems to be trying too hard. By the end I thought it was stupid but I think I will stick with it a few more episodes.

by Anonymousreply 64May 24, 2016 7:07 PM

And surviving a 20,000-foot plummet and pulling a cow into the crater you just made from said plummet wasn't a hint that he wasn't exactly human? What indictation do you need, fangs, a cape and him going blah blah blah?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 24, 2016 7:10 PM

From friends who actually know the comic book... this is an extremely faithful adaptation of the comic book so far.

by Anonymousreply 66May 24, 2016 7:11 PM

R65, how do you extrapolate vampire, from a non-human creature?

A vampire is not human, but a non-human is not necessarily a vampire. And nothing on the show indicated that he was a vampire. So take your sarcasm somewhere else, you jerk.

by Anonymousreply 67May 24, 2016 7:14 PM

It was FUCKING obvious that Cassidy is a vampire R67. And no, I am not R65, just someone who watches with my mind switched on.

by Anonymousreply 68May 24, 2016 7:23 PM

Cassidy is a fucking vampire, not just some non-human fucking creature, and he's Irish, not Scottish, for fucking fuck's sake! Fuck!

by Anonymousreply 69May 24, 2016 7:36 PM

There is absolutely nothing in the show, either implicitly or explicity, that Cassidy is a vampire.

If some of you are familiar with the comic books and know something that others don't, then that's great. But for first time viewers, don't expect them to just KNOW what the fuck is going on with the show, because it's all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 70May 24, 2016 11:13 PM

Thanks for your comments, R70. Oh and BTW, Cassidy is a god damn fucking vampire, for fucking god damn sake.

by Anonymousreply 71May 24, 2016 11:39 PM

R70 is totally right.

Except of course, he is fucking WRONG.

He stuck a bottle in a guy's chest and used it to pour his blood into a glass and drink it.

When smashed to bits in a crater he pulled in a fucking cow, drank it and emerged unscathed.

Your inability to comprehend obvious plot points is perhaps something you should address with a medical professional R70.

by Anonymousreply 72May 25, 2016 1:00 PM

Good grief. I just figured out who Dominic Cooper is. He was the kid in Mama Mia. Looks much better here.

by Anonymousreply 73May 27, 2016 12:59 AM

OMG, the guy with ass mouth reminds me of the South Park episode with family who had butts for heads. Can't wait to hear that story.

by Anonymousreply 74May 27, 2016 1:57 AM

Ummmm... the AMC promo called Cassidy a vampire. Ergo...

by Anonymousreply 75May 28, 2016 4:45 AM

Preacher premiere will air again on Sunday, and Dominic Cooper will be on Talking Preacher with Chris Hardwick after the premiere.

Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 76May 28, 2016 7:27 PM

Another vile show glorifying evil

by Anonymousreply 77May 28, 2016 7:44 PM

Do we have a picture of r77? Why, yes, here it is:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 28, 2016 7:47 PM

Gee I really hope that this show is anti-fags, where the main guys kill the fags and feel good about it.

by Anonymousreply 79May 28, 2016 9:07 PM

The premiere replayed last night.

Next new episode in a week.

by Anonymousreply 80May 30, 2016 5:52 PM

I don't really find Dominic Cooper all that hot, but I thought he carried the role well.

Overall, the show didn't seem very good to me. It's difficult to judge by just the first episode though, so I'll keep watching.

by Anonymousreply 81May 30, 2016 7:58 PM

Dom's actual speaking voice is so damn sexy. his texas actent is so well done, and so far from his real voice.

by Anonymousreply 82May 30, 2016 9:01 PM

I just LOVE vile shows glorifying evil!

by Anonymousreply 83May 31, 2016 12:43 PM

So do I, R83!

by Anonymousreply 84May 31, 2016 1:33 PM

Oh, by the way - what vile scenes in Preacher glorify evil?

Must have missed those.

by Anonymousreply 85May 31, 2016 1:35 PM

[quote]I don't really find Dominic Cooper all that hot,

He's not all that hot, but he is sexy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 86May 31, 2016 4:01 PM

I googled Cooper and found that he's been in a LTR with the African American actress in Preacher.

Her character's name is Tulip & the actress' name is Ruth Nagen (sp?)

by Anonymousreply 87June 1, 2016 12:05 AM

Ruth Negga R87.

And she is pretty wonderful in everything she has done.

by Anonymousreply 88June 1, 2016 12:39 PM

Ruth Negga was great in Breakfast on Pluto.

by Anonymousreply 89June 1, 2016 2:37 PM

Ruth Negga might be good elsewhere but wrong for Preacher. The look of the character in the comic is not only too different Negga's accent is very blah. Can they hire Americans for the lead roles? The comic is mired in Americana and having Griffiths, Cooper and Negga(British and Irish actors) as leads is quiet amusing. A British production would never hire this many Americans. Though Downtown Abbey had at least two that I remember and one lead character. There is also an argument that foreign actors are better....a lot of them still don't do accents very well. Arguably better than Americans but many of them sound stiff when they do US regional accents.

by Anonymousreply 90June 1, 2016 2:45 PM

Never read the comic, so Negga's "look" is not a problem for me. Likewise, her accent is not an issues.

I enjoyed the pilot and am looking forward to seeing more.

by Anonymousreply 91June 1, 2016 4:05 PM

Tulip is the best character on the show. Too bad these probably racist, fanboy purists can't accept people of color in their two-dimensional brains.

by Anonymousreply 92June 1, 2016 7:46 PM

Seth Rogan is directing it, so you know it is gonna be camp.

by Anonymousreply 93June 1, 2016 8:47 PM

R27, you are an illogical idiot! What has anything in my post at r24 to do with the Civil War?!

FTR, I am a die-hard Yankee from above the Mason-Dixon Line! And given your description of one episode, maybe I'll start watching this show!

by Anonymousreply 94June 2, 2016 11:24 AM

[quote]The recent TV "trend" (although Pop music has bee replete with these images for a couple decades at least) is to impress upon young minds that this life is all there is, so "Do What Thou Wilt."

Did you get lost on your way to One Million Moms frau?

by Anonymousreply 95June 2, 2016 3:52 PM

Too bad Seth Rogan has anything to do with it, cannot stand him

by Anonymousreply 96June 2, 2016 4:04 PM

Weird as fuck, but actually pretty good. I've read a little of the first issue of the comic, and it's pretty similar. We'll see how close it comes in further episodes. Also, as bad as he looks, arsehole face looks even worse in the comics.

by Anonymousreply 97June 2, 2016 4:12 PM

New episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 98June 5, 2016 9:59 PM

Why the hell did they skip a week. It killed the momentum from the pilot.

by Anonymousreply 99June 5, 2016 10:03 PM

I think it was because of the Memorial Day holiday, R99.

For some strange reason, networks put all their shows on hold during holiday weekends. I never understood that.

To your point, they should have just premiered the show this weekend, rather than two weeks ago. It would have made more sense.

by Anonymousreply 100June 5, 2016 10:13 PM

Ruth Negga ("Tulip")is not African American, she's British

by Anonymousreply 101June 5, 2016 10:34 PM

I hate undependable show schedules which seems to be the norm these days. Don't networks know people with no lives plan their life around dependable TV schedules?

by Anonymousreply 102June 5, 2016 11:18 PM

Episode 2 tonight!!!

by Anonymousreply 103June 6, 2016 1:15 AM

I love this show! I love Cassidy.

by Anonymousreply 104June 6, 2016 2:12 AM

I am still not sure what the fuck I'm watching.

by Anonymousreply 105June 6, 2016 3:09 AM

What was the opening scene for this new episode about? I'm lost. Did that loner kill the pioneers or what?

by Anonymousreply 106June 6, 2016 4:34 AM

The three all those people were hanged from was the three the vampire guy was burying body's under.

Beyond that, I don't know the significance of the opening scene. Other than... we'll probably find out eventually.

But if anyone knows, can they fill us non-comic-book people in ?

by Anonymousreply 107June 6, 2016 5:37 AM

"What's the matter, Jesse? Jesus take your wheel?"

I love Tulip.

by Anonymousreply 108June 6, 2016 7:41 AM

I love Cassidy, too. He's the new Daryl from Walking Dead.

Where can I find a boyfriend like that??

He seems to have taken a liking to Preacher, and vice-versa. My imagination is already running wild...

by Anonymousreply 109June 6, 2016 10:23 AM

The first episode was mildly intriguing, but it immediately dipped into zzzzzzzzzzz. And the pocket-gay preacher isn't hot, certainly not my type. I can't imagine it catching on and probably won't hold me much longer.

by Anonymousreply 110June 6, 2016 10:34 AM

I'm putting my own spin on the lone stranger. He's Death. Didn't the pioneer lady tell him to "go now" after the little girl got better. Maybe he was waiting to take her if she died.

by Anonymousreply 111June 6, 2016 1:55 PM

he's called the Killer of Saints, and is a major character in the comic.

BTW love the out of nowhere comedic scenes in this show. the traveling chainsaw just one example.

by Anonymousreply 112June 6, 2016 6:49 PM

Just curious but will an over-arching plot ever kick in, or is this just 'watch crazy insane stuff happen'?

I'm good either way, I love the show, I'm just curious what I'm likely in for.

by Anonymousreply 113June 6, 2016 10:28 PM

This show sucks. Some of you are too easily amused.

by Anonymousreply 114June 7, 2016 3:33 AM

It's actually a ton of fun.

by Anonymousreply 115June 7, 2016 4:03 AM

I like the actor who plays Cassidy. He had the part of leader of a group of skinheads in This Is England.

by Anonymousreply 116June 7, 2016 4:11 AM

The show is finally starting to come together and make sense.

I'm wondering if Cassidy is really playing both sides, or if he is just playing with the "clones."

Donny (the guy with his arm in the cast) is HOT. Damn, those huge muscular arms and bubble butt, nicely framed in his tight clothes... oh, my!!

Tulip still cracks me up. Preacher is starting to be able to control his "powers."

What happened at the end of the episode? Was the invisible power going into the pipe, or was it coming out of it? That was hard to tell.

by Anonymousreply 117June 14, 2016 12:14 AM

The scene with the cop stopping her for speeding was just a brilliant little scene.

by Anonymousreply 118June 14, 2016 9:36 PM

The lead (preacher)'s weird accent is extremely distracting.

by Anonymousreply 119June 14, 2016 9:41 PM

He's English. Tulip is Irish. Cassidy is Irish. He's the only one using her real life accent.

by Anonymousreply 120June 14, 2016 9:48 PM

"his real life accent." ^^

by Anonymousreply 121June 14, 2016 9:49 PM

The actor who plays Donny is named Derek Wilson, and he has got some ARMS! He also has a beautiful booty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 15, 2016 3:01 AM

Derek Wilson looks much better with his hair styled this way...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 15, 2016 3:02 AM

I enjoyed Cassidy's hairy chest and the glimpse of his butt crack.

by Anonymousreply 124June 15, 2016 10:21 PM

Does the comic feature gay characters and gay themed plots? I think Seth R. wouldn't be afraid to use them if they exist.

by Anonymousreply 125June 15, 2016 10:36 PM

[quote] I enjoyed Cassidy's hairy chest and the glimpse of his butt crack.

He's incredibly sexy, and I really love his accent.

Cassidy and Jesse would be a VERY hot couple.

The actor Joseph Gilgun is only 32, but he looks a lot older.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 15, 2016 11:49 PM

Gilgun looks like chav trash. I guess that's some people's type (not mine though).

by Anonymousreply 127June 15, 2016 11:51 PM

Here's an explanation of the characters.

I guess the guy in the long overcoat and hat was "The Saint of Killers," but he hasn't yet been formally introduced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 15, 2016 11:54 PM

There's nothing finer than Irish chav trash...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 15, 2016 11:55 PM

The meat factory boss who relaxes by listening in to animals getting slaughtered creeps the fuck out me.

In his introduction scene were the white suited fella and the others watching a snuff film?

by Anonymousreply 130June 15, 2016 11:58 PM

The poster on the wall says it's a snuff film festival.

by Anonymousreply 131June 16, 2016 12:00 AM

I'm not being drawn to this show as much as I was to shows like "Breaking Bad" or "Penny Dreadful". I'm finding it a bit overdone with the direction, and a little dull with the plot. But I'll keep watching for one reason alone: Dominic Cooper is so damn pretty.

by Anonymousreply 132June 16, 2016 12:06 AM

Interesting R132, because I felt the same way about Penny Dreadful. I found it so dull I didn't last beyond episode three.

And I'm really enjoying Preacher.

by Anonymousreply 133June 16, 2016 12:27 AM

Gilgun looks like a dirty fuck and I mean that in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 134June 16, 2016 10:19 PM

Gilgun isn't Irish he's from Lancashire. He does a damn good accent though sometimes I have to turn on the captions to understand what the hell he said.

by Anonymousreply 135June 18, 2016 11:39 PM

Lol same here R135. I can't understand a fucking word he's saying. He's still entertaining, though.

New episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 136June 19, 2016 7:15 PM

I've been a fan of Joseph Gilgun since Misfits and have watched him in everything since but I have had to tap out on "Preacher". It's odd with all the over the top fight sequences it's still a bore for me.

Here is Gilgun's bum for no reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137June 19, 2016 7:19 PM

I wonder what the tattoos across his ass say?

by Anonymousreply 138June 20, 2016 12:29 AM

[quote] I wonder what the tattoos across his ass say?

The names of his costars from This Is England. Thomas Turgoose and Andrew Shim.

by Anonymousreply 139June 20, 2016 1:59 AM

"This side up"?

by Anonymousreply 140June 20, 2016 2:46 AM

I have been watching it but am having trouble concentrating on it. Even though I like the characters. I read a rumour that it interfered with ratings on Pennydreadful which I totally enjoy. Looks like it will not be renewed for season 4.

by Anonymousreply 141June 20, 2016 3:00 AM

This was probably the weakest episode so far, imho.

Hopefully it's uphill from here to the finale.

by Anonymousreply 142June 20, 2016 5:14 AM

Is Gilgun gay?

by Anonymousreply 143June 21, 2016 5:43 PM

I thought it was funny that the producers of Preacher said they had to track Gilgun down in his mother's basement to offer him the part.

by Anonymousreply 144June 21, 2016 7:46 PM

He must be a Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 145June 21, 2016 9:27 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 146June 24, 2016 7:29 PM

So.... will all these flash-backs to the old west make sense eventually?

by Anonymousreply 147June 27, 2016 2:29 AM

Why not just ask if the show itself ever will?

by Anonymousreply 148June 27, 2016 2:38 AM

I want to really like this show but i am having a hard time getting into it. There is a new show on Cinamax that i kinda like called Outcast about demonic posession im a small town.

by Anonymousreply 149June 27, 2016 2:40 AM

this show is soooo good. i don't even care that i have little to no idea what's go on. the hour just flies by.

by Anonymousreply 150June 27, 2016 2:45 AM

I'm with R150. Except for the old-west flashbacks. I haven't a clue about those.

by Anonymousreply 151June 27, 2016 2:46 AM

I do like the opening music. Sort of weird and off kilter.

by Anonymousreply 152June 27, 2016 2:47 AM

I think they should have cast Timothy Olyphant as the preacher.

by Anonymousreply 153June 27, 2016 3:03 AM

Derek Wilson ("Donny") is sexy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 154June 27, 2016 3:05 AM

The guy who plays The Cowboy is very sexy. He is also in Outlander. Sexy daddy with a hot body.

by Anonymousreply 155June 27, 2016 3:16 AM

They are re-running episodes this coming week, with some extra features, just FYI.

Four episodes on Thursday, one on Friday, before a new episode on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 156June 27, 2016 4:33 AM

[quote] Except for the old-west flashbacks. I haven't a clue about those.

I didn't understand either, until reading the wiki page about the comic book.

Apparently, the old cowboy is a guy who went to get medicine for his wife and daughter (as told on the show). It's a week trip to Ratwater, but because he was delayed by those guys who beat him and shot his horse, his wife and daughter died, waiting for the medicine.

In later episodes, he's going to return to Ratwater to get revenge on the town. However, he kills an innocent bystander while trying to get to one of the bad guys, and then he is subsequently killed. When he dies, he goes to hell because of all the men he killed during the Civil War. Somewhere along the way, he becomes the "angel of death," who I believe is the creature that lives in the coffee can.

The creature had instructions to kill Jesse, but instead ended up "inhabiting" him, which is where we are at this point in the show.

If you read the explanation for how the cowboy became the angel of death, it makes absolutely no sense. It's a very convoluted story from some comic book writer's very twisted imagination. But then again, it is just a comic book, so you have to take the whole thing as just a fantasy. And there is much more story to be told, with a ton of very strange and unusual characters.

That said, this was a very good episode. The acting was great.

I especially love the ending of the episode with Quincannon shooting all of the smug "sustainable" people. It shows that Jesse's power can go either way - good or bad, however, Jesse thinks he's doing good.

[quote] Derek Wilson ("Donny") is sexy as fuck.

That scene of him laying in bed shirtless, with the shot of his beautiful pits, was so awesome!

He is really built and worked out, and I love all the shots of his bulging arms. Very hot!

by Anonymousreply 157June 27, 2016 1:47 PM

I'm wondering how shooting those guys fits in with the notion of "Serving God" though.

We already knew the power was a double edged sword, when he first used it to tell that guy to "open his heart" to his mother...

by Anonymousreply 158June 27, 2016 2:05 PM

I believe that Odin Quincannon believes that Quincannon Meat & Power Co. is a godly company.

Killing leftist greenies is probably about the godliest thing he can think of.

by Anonymousreply 159June 27, 2016 2:28 PM

[quote] I'm wondering how shooting those guys fits in with the notion of "Serving God" though.

It doesn't. That's why the cowboy goes to hell. He's named the "Saint of Killers." He goes to hell, and amusingly, ends up making hell freeze over, because he's so hateful. The devil is intrigued by someone so bad, and though what happens in between is fuzzy to me (because the story is so convoluted), the devil ends up getting killed by this guy. It's weird and out there, but that's the Preacher comic book for you.

He is actually such a bad force that he gets put in the "coffee can" in order to contain him. However, at some point, he is let loose to kill Jesse, because his function is to kill specific bad people. Remember, Jesse was a really bad guy, which Tulip keeps reminding him about.

But I guess Jesse was as bad as the cowboy, which is why he couldn't kill him. So instead, the Cowboy/Angel of Death/Saint of Killers (all different incarnations of the same person) decides to inhabit Jesse's body, perhaps because he found a home in an equally bad person.

I told you it was strange and non-sensical, but that's my interpretation of what the wiki page contains.

[quote] Killing leftist greenies is probably about the godliest thing he can think of.

I agree. Preacher gives instructions, but those instructions can be interpreted in many ways. That guy with the controlling mother interpreted it as literally tearing out your heart.

Quincannon probably thinks that he's "serving the lord" by getting rid of those people.

I also noticed that the lady with the daughter in the coma was able to resist Preacher's directions, at least a few times. Her hatred for the boy was so great that she had to be told what to do quite a few times, before she settled down.

That might be the case with Quincannon, as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160June 27, 2016 3:26 PM

The thing inside Jesse is called Genesis. It's an angel/demon hybrid that's more powerful than God. God has left heaven and the angels are in charge. One of their duties is keeping Genesis caged. Now it's escaped and found a host in Jesse. The two angels sent to retrieve it are unsuccessful so The Saint of Killers will be sent to get it. The Saint sold his soul so that he could continue to kill. He is indestructible,lethal and unstoppable.

by Anonymousreply 161June 28, 2016 3:41 AM

"I also noticed that the lady with the daughter in the coma was able to resist Preacher's directions, at least a few times. Her hatred for the boy was so great that she had to be told what to do quite a few times, before she settled down."

Actually, she did everything the Preacher asked. He told her to stop hitting the car and she did. It didn't stop her impulse to kill the kid because he didn't ask her to stop trying to kill him. Like the guy who tore his heart out, her responses to the Preacher's commands were very literal.

I prefer Outcast to this show. I think that show is better written, and to a certain extent, the acting is also better. But Preacher is still entertaining...so far.

I'm starting to think AMC doesn't need another Walking Dead. They need another Mad Men and another Breaking Bad.

by Anonymousreply 162June 29, 2016 7:02 AM

I thought that the reason that the lady with the daughter in the coma did not at first respond is because Jesse was not using the voice.

It was only when he leaned into her that he used it and she immediately responded.

by Anonymousreply 163June 29, 2016 1:01 PM

RENEWED FOR SEASON 2 (13 episodes)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164June 29, 2016 7:25 PM

I'd rather see this than the car banging scene with Tulip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165June 29, 2016 8:56 PM

The Preacher's voice gives a specific order and the one who is addressed follows that order. The preacher had to give the mother three orders (let go of the bat, step away from the car, and forgive him). Without the other two orders the mother would have beaten up the boy for what he did to her daughter and his audacity to show up. The preacher's voice doesn't control a person (hence the guy cutting open his chest to literally open his heart) and as flawed as humans are they, of course, fuck up any good intention that the Preacher's voice had in mind when left by their own devices (without additional orders).

I loved Donnie's "Please don't screw Russel from Accounting" sobbing plea to his wife (Derek Wilson is one hottie and he can act!) and the two angels rehearsing the telephone call. Odin shooting the enviromentalist business people and the mayor's reaction to it was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 166June 29, 2016 9:00 PM

Dominic Cooper & Joseph Gilgun hang out in their underwear in this weekend's new episode!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167June 30, 2016 9:39 PM

Preacher is taking off for the 4th of July weekend.

There won't be a new episode until July 10.

by Anonymousreply 168June 30, 2016 11:50 PM

Not according to AMC's website, r168 -- they say the new episode airs on July 3rd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169July 1, 2016 12:00 AM

Strangely, there appears to be a new episode tonight, even though all over TV seems to be on repeats for the holiday...

by Anonymousreply 170July 3, 2016 5:12 PM

NEW EPISODE STARTS NOW! (east coast & central)

by Anonymousreply 171July 4, 2016 1:00 AM

Best. Fight. Scene. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 172July 4, 2016 1:12 AM

I heard a straight male reviewer say as a negative thing that the Preacher comics are quite homophobic. I was thinking about checking the show out but that put me off it a bit. I doubt the show's like that but there's so much great stuff around these days that I'll probably wait some time before watching the show. I did like the clip of Cooper's vpl in those tight undies and if there's more I probably can't wait too long.

by Anonymousreply 173July 4, 2016 1:19 AM

I have not detected anything homophobic in the show.

by Anonymousreply 174July 4, 2016 1:29 AM

GO TO HELL, EUGENE!

by Anonymousreply 175July 4, 2016 1:59 AM

damn the Preacher can really fill out a pair of underwear!

by Anonymousreply 176July 4, 2016 2:02 AM

R173, so far I haven't seen anything homophobic on the show, but I don't recall anything gay inclusive either. I've only read a little of the comics though.

by Anonymousreply 177July 4, 2016 2:15 AM

Also, what happened to Eugene was an "OMG!" moment.

by Anonymousreply 178July 4, 2016 3:10 AM

Eugene is a sweetie. Hope it all turns out okay for him.

Cassidy is so sweet on Tulip, it's kind of sad. She seems to be in a perpetual case of mad at the world, and they never say why, or why she thinks it's okay to take it out on random people that have nothing to do with it and know nothing about it.

What about her is so great that she's entitled to screw over everybody and anybody that might come near? I'm not seeing it. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 179July 4, 2016 4:37 AM

This was a very bizarre and intense episode.

The beginning scenes were hilarious. The fact that they chose a suburban soccer mom to be the badass who fights the three guys, was brilliant.

I also like the love triangle that's developing with Jesse, Tulip, and Cassidy. Well, there's the other lady who's involved as well, but Tulip seems to be developing a friendship with her.

I always thought that Eugene was going to be a big part of the show. I'm surprised that they got rid of him so quickly. Although, I knew that the writers had to incorporate hell into the story at some point since it plays a big part in the "Preacher" plot, so maybe Eugene will be the foray into hell, to start to tell that part of the story.

How many episodes left?

by Anonymousreply 180July 4, 2016 5:35 PM

There are a total of 10 episodes this season. I think that means there are 4 left? Maybe only 3, I lost count.

by Anonymousreply 181July 4, 2016 6:08 PM

R92 Wrong. It has to do with being somewhat faithful to the original story. Cassidy is Irish, that was done as in the book. However,you are the same type of person who would complain about Dany in Game Of Thrones or Cersei being a mulatto.

by Anonymousreply 182July 4, 2016 6:37 PM

R182 - I suspect you did not truly understand R92.

Or perhaps you do not understand your own post.

by Anonymousreply 183July 4, 2016 9:24 PM

Could someone help me out? The previous episode started with a flashback of the rider buying medicine for his sick wife. I can't figure out what was going on in the saloon's backroom. In the first scene when you see the backroom the first time you see, I believe, the settler family from the pharmacy where the father is dead, the wife gets raped and the kid is forced to see it. The second time you see another settler family selling scalps from Indians to guys in the backroom. Was this settler family going to brutalized as well or did something go wrong with the first family's deal (which I assume sold Indian scalps as well)?

by Anonymousreply 184July 5, 2016 9:31 AM

My apologies, I meant the rider bought medicine for his sick child.

by Anonymousreply 185July 5, 2016 9:32 AM

I'm another one that didn't understand that scene. The kid seems gleeful and calm about this event. Who is he? Is he related to the raped woman? Nothing seems to upset him.

by Anonymousreply 186July 5, 2016 2:51 PM

The first family was set up by the pharmacist. He recommended the saloon as a nice restaurant and told the kid "they even have ice cream there." The second family was headed to Ratwater to sell Indian scalps. The cowboy thought he could save them but they were just as evil as the assholes in the saloon. In trying to do the right thing the cowboy got beaten,lost his horse and the medicine, and his family died.

by Anonymousreply 187July 5, 2016 4:15 PM

Am I the only one thinking that Genesis' guardians are also his creators/parents? The non-bearded was very vocal about Genesis being a big mistake (making it look personal) and, in a previous episode, the bearded one said to the other, during the scene where they rehearsed the telephone conversation, that the higher ones like him. Meaning that the bearded one is the demon and the non-bearded one is the angel being ordered (by both heaven and hell) to guard the abomination they created to keep it in check.

by Anonymousreply 188July 5, 2016 7:22 PM

Also the beared one insisting on luring Genesis out of the Preacher's body by singing to it seems very parent like.

by Anonymousreply 189July 5, 2016 7:29 PM

[quote] Am I the only one thinking that Genesis' guardians are also his creators/parents?

But they're both males. I'd love to see the comic book explain that one away... lol

I mean it's an interesting theory, but still, it's a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 190July 5, 2016 9:19 PM

r190

They are not real people just avatars just like the soccer mom

by Anonymousreply 191July 5, 2016 9:37 PM

Their angelic forms could probably be of either or no gender, but I'm pretty sure they're just guardians, and Genesis had a mama and a papa, just like they said.

by Anonymousreply 192July 5, 2016 9:38 PM

On Supernatural, angels possess the bodies of humans, and can leave one body and enter another. What if these two were once man and woman, and one changed bodies? Then one of those guys used to be a women. Maybe "the nice one"?

by Anonymousreply 193July 5, 2016 9:45 PM

So many hot men! Dominic, Derek Wilson, and Anatol Yusef, the bald Brit "angel." So fappable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194July 5, 2016 9:50 PM

I thought the same thing R194. He reminds me of Mark Strong a bit.

by Anonymousreply 195July 6, 2016 1:01 AM

Also, I have to say that Tom Brooke as Fiore, the other cowboy agent from heaven, has an almost unearthly look to him. It's not exactly sexy, but it's oddly appealing.

by Anonymousreply 196July 6, 2016 3:31 AM

The other thing that was maybe a clue was that when Jesse kept asking where Genesis came from, they were both extremely reluctant to tell him. They also thought describing two people having sex was disgusting and said "they were drawn to one another." As if they couldn't just say they fell in love or had sex. When Jesse made the other angel start telling him, the other one acted very shocked that he started telling, as if he couldn't believe he would.

by Anonymousreply 197July 6, 2016 4:33 AM

Fiore has a very Russian look to him.

He's clearly British by nationality, but he definitely looks Russian. If I'm not mistaken, the actor's last name is Russian. You can see it in his features.

by Anonymousreply 198July 6, 2016 9:57 AM

Are we ever going to get Eugene's back story? What the hell is the deal with his mother? Obviously he has a connection to the girl laying in bed. Were they in a relationship?

Tulip is starting to annoy me because she seems to be angry for no real cause and really seems to want to destroy herself by continually doing stupid shit and committing crimes. Rebel without a clue and who is the uncle always asleep on the sofa? Is he dead or what?

by Anonymousreply 199July 6, 2016 5:10 PM

Does Tulip have some form of superpower? Didn't she battle with aliens in the first episode?

by Anonymousreply 200July 6, 2016 5:41 PM

Arts and Crafts, R200. The pilot and the recent one where she remade the kid's art thing.

by Anonymousreply 201July 6, 2016 5:47 PM

What I've pieced together from the episodes is Tulip and Jesse had a child who is dead. Tulip keeps trying to get Jesse to go with her and kill this guy Carlos who may have had something to do with the child's death. She called him a child killer in the last episode. Maybe this is the reason Tulip is so angry and Jesse became a preacher.

by Anonymousreply 202July 6, 2016 6:02 PM

Jesse became a preacher because he gave his dad a promise. But that could have been triggered by him and Tulip losing their child, or unborn baby. That could be what attracted Genesis to Jesse in the first place his duality of good (doing good on his promise to his dad) and evil (the burning hate for the man who betrayed him and Tulip).

by Anonymousreply 203July 6, 2016 6:07 PM

I'm glad Tulip has moved on from Jesse to Cassidy. They seem like a better match.

And Jesse seems like a better match with his assistant lady.

Btw, is there a new episode tonight?

by Anonymousreply 204July 10, 2016 9:43 PM

Tulip has not moved on from Jesse to Cassidy. She fucked Cassidy. She loves Jesse.

by Anonymousreply 205July 10, 2016 10:34 PM

yes, new episode to night. cannot wait!

by Anonymousreply 206July 10, 2016 11:07 PM

Vanilla Hashbrowns? Ewww.

by Anonymousreply 207July 11, 2016 1:55 AM

Poor Cassidy! He's a better person than Jesse, vampire or not.

by Anonymousreply 208July 11, 2016 1:56 AM

Who would have ever thought that tween idol Jackie Earle Haley would get a late resurgence in psycho roles. When I was little a lot of little girls swooned over him.

by Anonymousreply 209July 11, 2016 4:25 AM

Can't Preacher go just order Eugene back from Hell?

by Anonymousreply 210July 11, 2016 5:14 AM

R210, how would he hear the command?

by Anonymousreply 211July 11, 2016 5:16 AM

[quote] Poor Cassidy! He's a better person than Jesse, vampire or not.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

It's so interesting that they turned a vampire into such a sympathetic character. He has a big heart, and he's a bit of a dope - but still, he's a good guy. How is he going to repair himself? He's going to have to get some blood to regenerate.

Preacher is turning into a real dick. So apparently, he has some messiah complex, right?

The writing on this show is really good. As we've seen from Walking Dead, bad writing on a comic book turned tv show can become a real shit-fest very quickly. It can seem very contrived and over-the-top.

With this show, yes it's sci-fi, but the character development is there. They have some depth to them, and there is definitely a coherent storyline to follow, rather than just some made up bullshit, winging it the way that TWD writers do.

It really seems to get better each week.

As for Jackie Early Haley, I had no idea that he was the bad kid from Bad News Bears. No idea. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 212July 11, 2016 10:22 AM

Can't wait for next week. What is the psycho up to coming to the church with a mob? To kill preacher in the name of God?

No having a whole lot of sympathy for Jesse at this point.

by Anonymousreply 213July 11, 2016 3:06 PM

He is coming to claim his property.

by Anonymousreply 214July 11, 2016 3:59 PM

The psycho, Quincannon (Jackie Earle Haley), is no longer under the preacher's spell. He made that very clear when he demanded the preacher to sign over the land to him.

I liked the opening scene of Ruth Negga running. She's really pretty (and that's coming from a gay guy).

by Anonymousreply 215July 11, 2016 3:59 PM

Did you notice she's wearing designer clothes somebody that lives out in the middle of hell wouldn't have access to? How much do you want to bet Ruth Negga gets to keep the clothes? She keeps wearing the same shirt in different colors.

by Anonymousreply 216July 11, 2016 4:04 PM

Quincannon is most definitely still under the control of Jesse's Voice.

Jesse did not command him to be a Christian, but to serve god.

By claiming the church and land which he won, he believes he is serving god.

by Anonymousreply 217July 11, 2016 4:04 PM

Judging from what saw Cassidy is a lousy lay. And in the comic he uses women for drugs and money not such a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 218July 11, 2016 4:11 PM

[quote]Jesse did not command him to be a Christian, but to serve god.

r217, Quincannon said "I'm sorry Preacher, you saw wrong" when Jesse said to him that everybody saw Quincannon's declaration to serve God. Someone who swore to serve God wouldn't lie, would he?

by Anonymousreply 219July 11, 2016 4:16 PM

Ruth Negga does wear cool clothes. I think the have Neiman Marcus out west.

by Anonymousreply 220July 11, 2016 4:17 PM

[quote]Preacher is turning into a real dick. So apparently, he has some messiah complex, right?

Well, he IS possessed by the offspring of an angel and a demon, so.... isn't this actually expected?

by Anonymousreply 221July 11, 2016 4:23 PM

I don't understand why the Preacher didn't just use The Voice again when confronted with the demand to sign over his church and land...

by Anonymousreply 222July 11, 2016 4:24 PM

r222, I think he was just surprised of the turn of events.

by Anonymousreply 223July 11, 2016 4:28 PM

Preqcher is not the offspring of an angel and a demon. He is carrying what is the creation of an angel and demon inside of his posessing its power.

by Anonymousreply 224July 11, 2016 4:29 PM

R224, go back and read again. Get glasses or learn reading comprehension.

The statement was he's POSESSED by the offspring of an angel and a demon. Nobody said he WAS one.

Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 225July 11, 2016 4:32 PM

I was thinking of catching the show later on but I ended up binge watching all the episodes in a few days. I like the show but personally I feel the show needs big supernatural scenes to keep it interesting. The latest episode was basically just extremely slow character development and I got bored. Yes Jesse and Tulip have been buddies since they were kids and Jesse's dad was killed in front of his eyes. I don't need to be reminded constantly about it. Obviously well made character drama is important in fantasy shows as well but the show's been leaning a bit too much in that direction.

Honestly, this is not the kind of show to be renewed for season after season. They have maybe three seasons max. and that's it. I wish they went full in with the story development and not leave the juicier stuff for the later seasons since there might not be any.

I'm really enjoying Ruth Negga. I practically hated her in Agents of SHIELD but then again I've been having huge problems dealing with that show since the beginning. Joseph Gilgun as Cassidy is great as usual. Why the hell are they keeping his vampire side so hidden here? I want more fantasy, more angels and demons, and less church ladies.

by Anonymousreply 226July 11, 2016 4:38 PM

I haven't read the comic but I suspect there's something evil in Quincannon that prevents the voice from working on him, or makes it wear off. I suspect he's in for a nasty surprise though when he tries to set his men loose on the church.

I hate to admit this, but the show is starting to bore me. I'm not sure I'm going to stick with it. I love this genre, but it's too slow, even for someone like me who appreciates slow-burn.

I wonder why it's so slow. As I said I don't know the comic, and it might just be that there's not much material so they are dragging out the little source material they have.

by Anonymousreply 227July 11, 2016 4:40 PM

Anatol Yusef is of Turkish descent. Not very tall or atractive but a very good actor. He was very good on Boardwalk Empire

by Anonymousreply 228July 11, 2016 4:56 PM

I was going to review the episode to wee what was actually said, but I'm not sitting through 24 minutes of it again. I thought the bet was "Christian" and the command was "Serve God". It doesn't seem to make logical sense otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 229July 11, 2016 5:07 PM

R228, I don't think he's unattractive. I think he's got the Kenny Chesney syndrome going on; give him a hat or some hair and he's not bad looking at all.

by Anonymousreply 230July 11, 2016 5:09 PM

My partner and I really tried to like this show. We gave it four episodes but just turned it off one night and never went back. Did it get much better? Does anyone here think it will continue or will be it cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 231July 11, 2016 5:13 PM

It's already been renewed for a longer season 2.

by Anonymousreply 232July 11, 2016 5:14 PM

I like it enough to want to find out where it is going.

by Anonymousreply 233July 11, 2016 5:18 PM

I kinda agree R233, but I want things to happen as it gets there.

by Anonymousreply 234July 11, 2016 5:20 PM

Things ARE happening.

That angel fight in the hotel room was awesome.

by Anonymousreply 235July 11, 2016 6:00 PM

That was in the episode before last, and it's really the LAST thing that happened.

by Anonymousreply 236July 11, 2016 8:42 PM

"Anatol Yusef is of Turkish descent. Not very tall or atractive but a very good actor. "

And a man whom I would like to fuck and fuck and fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237July 11, 2016 8:53 PM

R236, so Eugene going to hell didn't happen?

by Anonymousreply 238July 11, 2016 8:55 PM

Yeah, I don't get "nothings happening" either. It's a decent show, things are moving along, plots are clearly in motion. It's not Michael Bay level boom, smash, BOOM! TV, and I'm fine with that.

Not that I don't like "Michael Bay level boom, smash, BOOM! TV," but I've already got 'The Last Ship' for that.

by Anonymousreply 239July 11, 2016 9:09 PM

Wow he yelled at a kid who (apparently) went to hell.

by Anonymousreply 240July 12, 2016 3:28 PM

Well, what is Preacher gonna do with a bulldozer and half the town coming to take down the church? Send them all to hell? The rest of the town might catch on.

by Anonymousreply 241July 12, 2016 7:31 PM

Wow I can criticize people on an anonymous, little-read message board.

by Anonymousreply 242July 12, 2016 7:32 PM

I incessantly post on what I consider to be a little-read message board

by Anonymousreply 243July 12, 2016 7:59 PM

R242, what are you talking about? Who's criticizing you?

by Anonymousreply 244July 12, 2016 8:22 PM

R244, R242 is referring to the insufferable R240

by Anonymousreply 245July 13, 2016 12:23 PM

I look forward to more Fargo-esque antics on this show!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246July 13, 2016 5:28 PM

Yikes, so Eugene shot Tracy in the head?

Damn, now I know why everybody in the town hates him.

by Anonymousreply 247July 16, 2016 4:13 PM

R247, yep, then apparently turned the gun on himself and shot half his face off. Funny that an attempted murderer/suicide is the most sympathetic one of them all.

by Anonymousreply 248July 16, 2016 4:28 PM

Can Eugene get pulled out of hell? Will he still have an arse face?

by Anonymousreply 249July 18, 2016 1:03 AM

That was kind of an out-there pre-credits scene... damn.

by Anonymousreply 250July 18, 2016 1:05 AM

I read the comic but am having a hard time with this show. In the comic, it's the 90s and Arseface/Eugene shoots his face off because of Kurt Cobain, not some girl.

My husband and I are with R231 and his partner. I know things should be happening, but they really aren't. I can enjoy a very slow paced show, too, it's just not what I expected from this show, especially after the pilot.

by Anonymousreply 251July 18, 2016 1:07 AM

"You dug your way up from hell?"

".... it's not the far."

"What was it like?"

"Crowded.

by Anonymousreply 252July 18, 2016 1:12 AM

"Preacher shot my dick off. It was an incredible shot."

by Anonymousreply 253July 18, 2016 1:24 AM

What the fuck was that ending scene about?

by Anonymousreply 254July 18, 2016 2:00 AM

I'm still bewildered by what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 255July 18, 2016 2:04 AM

I was upset about the dog. Why did it have to be a dog?

by Anonymousreply 256July 18, 2016 2:52 AM

Well, the vampire guy needed to heal!

by Anonymousreply 257July 18, 2016 2:55 AM

Why not a pig? Yes, I know pigs are awesome too, etc. etc. etc. I personally would have fed him the old man passed out drunk on her couch and kept the dog.

by Anonymousreply 258July 18, 2016 3:06 AM

I ended up fastforwarding through half of the episode. The standoff at the church was ridiculous. I enjoyed the first few episodes but apparently I'm not liking where the show's headed, wherever that is. I probably would enjoy seeing the whole thing as a movie, where they'd cut off all the extra fat. I do appreciate the high enough production values, and the weirdness. Then again it's not weird enough or in reverse not mainstream enough for me to like it more. It's sort of messy and too many times feels like the makers are just wanking around because they think what they're doing is hilarious or awesome. In the end you just have to ask yourself are you enjoying watching this and when the answer changed to no a few episodes ago it's now time to say I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 259July 18, 2016 3:43 AM

"You're just a speck of dust, passing through the glory of creation. Give it up."

by Anonymousreply 260July 18, 2016 3:44 AM

R259 I thought this was one of the best episodes so far.

by Anonymousreply 261July 18, 2016 3:45 AM

R259 go back and WATCH the show. you'll be surprised at what actually seeing the episode will do for you

by Anonymousreply 262July 18, 2016 2:18 PM

Finally something happens.

Even now though they're continuing to keep us in the dark about so much. I know that's supposed to be cool and edgy, but after a while you need to know what the show you are watching is about. We're only beginning to learn that on, what is it, the tenth episode?

It's pretty clear that Genesis chose Preacher, that it's been bouncing from person to person and killing them when it sensed that they didn't measure up. It has decided to stay with Preacher. But why? What's happening? The show just continually keeps you in the dark. The reason Genesis chose Preacher is ultimately going to be the reason for the show, and we are almost at the end of the first season and we still don't know the reason for the show.

Is it any surprise people in this thread are saying they are bailing and we are still in the first season?

by Anonymousreply 263July 18, 2016 2:29 PM

Man, the final scene of the dog with Tulip bummed me out. Guess pretend animal cruelty is pushing my "Do Not Like" button as much as real animal cruelty.

I thought Quincannon's invasion of the church turning into a spectacle with people coming and setting up some kind of tailgate party was hilarious.

Neat that Genesis destroyed his original home and chose Jesse once again.

I wonder if the episode's final scene has something to do with that strange pipe that's sometimes show releasing air or steam (that pipe that sticks out of the earth near that ominous tree)?

by Anonymousreply 264July 18, 2016 3:22 PM

R264, I wonder if the "power plant" place is somehow connected to hell, and that's where the steam or hot air is coming from? The Eugene hallucination did say it wasn't that far. Maybe that's why so much weird shit seems to happen in that little town.

by Anonymousreply 265July 18, 2016 3:33 PM

I totally get what you're saying, R259.

Especially with Seth Rogen at the helm of this show.

These Hollywood wanker types always seem to think that they're too cool for school. Walking Dead is the same way.

They're just very impressed with themselves, and think that they are the funniest and most humorous beings to ever walk the planet. Hence, the over-the-top "not trying to be funny, funny" scenes. Yeah, gimme a break.

I am so over this type of shit.

Preacher could have been a very witty and tongue-in-cheek type of horror/comedy series, but instead it has just turned into something that is trying way too hard.

Your average viewer won't see it, because they're used to being fed whatever is dished out to them, but for people who are actually looking for smart and funny writing, this show is not quite there.

I do appreciate the acting, though. I think that Copper, Gilgun, Negga and the rest are doing a great job.

by Anonymousreply 266July 18, 2016 3:39 PM

[quote][R259] go back and WATCH the show. you'll be surprised at what actually seeing the episode will do for you

I've watched all the episodes but I just got tired finally. It certainly wasn't just this episode, I stopped liking the show weeks ago. Now I just realized there are so many other shows I like that why watch something I'm not enjoying any more.

[quote]But why? What's happening? The show just continually keeps you in the dark.

Absolutely, it's annoying as hell. Then again I know I wouldn't mind if I enjoyed the characters and the overall mood. But everything seems to be stuck in place, there's a feeling that things won't really be changing too much any more. As usual I'm having trouble describing specifically what's really bothering me. I just know that like R266 I totally appreciate the actors but still I too many times hate seeing certain characters. It feels like the characters are stuck between being really fleshed out human beings and the sort of paper thin caricatures comic characters many times are. BTW, those fisheye close-ups are not doing any favors for Dominic Cooper.

Unfortunately the show seems to be form over function. The makers find it more important to keep up a very stylized feel but have neglected to put the same effort into storytelling. Still, there's no denying they are doing many things right and that's why I am a bit bummed I'm feeling this negative.

by Anonymousreply 267July 18, 2016 3:59 PM

You nailed it, R267.

Stylistically, the show is great. Same thing for the acting.

It's just the way that the story is being told, that's the problem. It's a weird cross between being quirky humorous, and then just being flat out weird. The writers haven't found the right balance.

When you think that you're too smart for everybody else, the show tends to be condescending towards the audience. I think that's what's happening here. Like, "oh, it's so weird that they'll never know what hit them!" I live in Hollywood, and I encounter these smug self-satisfied writer types every day. They honestly create and believe their own hype.

Hollywood needs a huge dose of humility. Instead of trying to be so fucking cool all the time, they should just try to do good work.

There is no substitute.

by Anonymousreply 268July 18, 2016 4:05 PM

[quote] why watch something I'm not enjoying any more

When I don't like something I don't watch it, don't comment on it, and just move on. There's really *no* point in doing either.

by Anonymousreply 269July 18, 2016 4:07 PM

[quote]Like, "oh it's so weird that they'll never know what hit them!"

Then again, this is the "Preacher" comic filtered through Seth Rogan, so it's no surprise that's the show's attitude.

by Anonymousreply 270July 18, 2016 4:15 PM

Oh, but R269, we are just miserable fanboys who cannot stand criticism of anything we enjoy.

They, however, are astute free-thinkers that believe they need to share their superior understanding with us, the great unwashed.

by Anonymousreply 271July 18, 2016 4:17 PM

Yeah, whatever. I'm having fun. I'm enjoying the ride. I don't have to know everything all the time to appreciate something.

by Anonymousreply 272July 18, 2016 4:34 PM

[quote] Oh, but [R269], we are just miserable fanboys who cannot stand criticism of anything we enjoy.

So it many times seems. It's not that I don't understand how hard it can be to notice others don't share your enthusiasm but it's ridiculous how you're not supposed to say anything critical about certain tv shows here. Even though it's hard to believe based on my current terrible level of output I've studied screen writing and directing in my earlier life. It's been years since I analyzed films but still I'm always watching everything with a critical eye. I've also seen so many tv shows and movies over the years that many times I feel I've seen it all. I've also studied painting in various art schools and getting to hear critique about your [italic]own[/italic] work was business as usual. It's so weird to see people getting extremely upset about stuff they are just fans of.

by Anonymousreply 273July 18, 2016 4:53 PM

See? R273=wanker.

by Anonymousreply 274July 18, 2016 4:55 PM

R274, oh honey...

by Anonymousreply 275July 18, 2016 4:57 PM

[quote] It's not that I don't understand how hard it can be to notice others don't share your enthusiasm

It's not hard at all. What a strange, insulting and dismissive thing to say. It's not that you can't say anything negative it's the propensity of some posters to repeat the same criticisms over and over again, getting more and more banal as the thread length increases. I imagine it won't be long before we see "Does anyone still watch this shit?" popping up, as it does everywhere.

[quote] It's so weird to see people getting extremely upset about stuff they are just fans of.

Again, you're being insulting and dismissive. No one is "extremely upset", in fact no one seems upset at all. It's just tiresome reading the same thing over and over ad infinitum. We get it, you don't like it, that's nice, you've said your piece, buh-bye.

by Anonymousreply 276July 18, 2016 5:02 PM

R276, I rarely say this but I do now: Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 277July 18, 2016 5:15 PM

Says R277 who can't make a post apparently without insulting someone. You're a fucking mentally and emotionally stunted man-child. Why don't you grow the fuck up?

by Anonymousreply 278July 18, 2016 5:20 PM

I told you: he's a tosser.

by Anonymousreply 279July 18, 2016 5:22 PM

R279, seems like. I'm all for discussion and half-way intelligent criticism, but some people just can't leave things alone it seems. I could easily go into several threads here and post how I don't like the shows being discussed. But once you've had your say and made your point, why keep coming back and repeating the same criticism, while slyly insulting the show's viewers?

I'm enjoying the show. I don't find it slow moving at all, and I'm interested in seeing how things work out. It's not perfect, and there's plenty of room for criticism as there is with anything, but geez, some people.

by Anonymousreply 280July 18, 2016 5:32 PM

[quote]Says [R277] who can't make a post apparently without insulting someone. You're a fucking mentally and emotionally stunted man-child. Why don't you grow the fuck up?

Oh [bold]I'm[/bold] insulting people? Lol.

by Anonymousreply 281July 18, 2016 5:42 PM

[quote] Oh I'm insulting people? Lol.

Yes, I found "I rarely say this but I do now: Grow the fuck up." to be insulting, especially when combined with the condescension of your earlier post, so I responded in kind. I would think that was rather obvious.

by Anonymousreply 282July 18, 2016 5:49 PM

R282, are you a 16 year old girl?

by Anonymousreply 283July 18, 2016 5:52 PM

Enough with the bickering. Discuss the show or leave.

by Anonymousreply 284July 18, 2016 6:00 PM

[quote] Enough with the bickering. Discuss the show or leave.

Done, sorry for that.

by Anonymousreply 285July 18, 2016 6:02 PM

Since apparently no one is going to discuss the show, I propose we go back to bickering.

by Anonymousreply 286July 18, 2016 7:22 PM

I'm still sad about the dog. :(

by Anonymousreply 287July 18, 2016 7:24 PM

The dog was about to die anyway (the dog pound would have put him down) and it was very unlikely someone would have adopted him. At least he got a couple of fetch out of it. Don't know if getting mauled by a badly burned vampire is preferrable to being put down though.

But the whole thing kind of ruined Tulip for me. I know and get why she did it, but still. Maybe it's because I watched Netflix's Stranger Things and there's a scene of a little girl with mind powers who is ordered to kill a cat with her mind and she breaks down in tears and refuses to do it.

by Anonymousreply 288July 18, 2016 7:33 PM

Tulip did not look happy about the whole dog thing, but she knew Cassidy needed blood.

by Anonymousreply 289July 18, 2016 7:35 PM

I'd say I'd rather be put to sleep rather than ripped to pieces by a hungry vampire. I get that they did it for impact, but I'm really twitchy when it comes to killing dogs in media.

by Anonymousreply 290July 18, 2016 8:01 PM

So, the two angels just left poor old Preacher possessed and walked out of the church. Seems they got some explaining to do in heaven.

by Anonymousreply 291July 18, 2016 8:46 PM

She at least gave the dog several hours of good times

by Anonymousreply 292July 18, 2016 9:03 PM

Trying to guide the conversation back to bickering, I think the fact that she used a dog was indicative of this show's whole attitude problem, to be honest. It's like, "yeah everybody loves dogs, so FUCK YOU we're choosing that animal to feed to burnt-up Cassidy."

by Anonymousreply 293July 18, 2016 9:07 PM

Yeah R293. That MUST be it. It was the show's attitude problem.

by Anonymousreply 294July 18, 2016 9:46 PM

[quote] So, the two angels just left poor old Preacher possessed and walked out of the church. Seems they got some explaining to do in heaven.

Well, they're already in trouble for fucking each other and having a baby, so I guess at this point, it doesn't really matter.

That's why they're ignoring the phone calls.

by Anonymousreply 295July 18, 2016 11:33 PM

The angels decided to go with their other option,The Saint of Killers.

by Anonymousreply 296July 19, 2016 8:19 AM

Yeah. They tried the easy way. It didn't work. So now they have to try something more drastic.

by Anonymousreply 297July 19, 2016 4:15 PM

Bloody Disgusting, a horror/fantasy/sci-fi website that actually likes the comic and the show, said in a recent review of the latest episode that the show has "finally, [italic]finally[/italic] gotten to the point." So even fans and semi-shills like BD acknowledge that the show has completely dragged the first season out.

by Anonymousreply 298July 19, 2016 4:26 PM

R298, *some* fans. It's not a universal viewpoint.

by Anonymousreply 299July 19, 2016 4:28 PM

Shh, R298, you're not supposed to say anything critical about the show since it's condescending towards the fan fraus.

by Anonymousreply 300July 19, 2016 4:40 PM

I don't think "fan fraus" are really the target audience here. More like comic book bros.

There aren't a lot of "fan fraus" that think throwing a cute dog to a hungry vampire is something they'd like to see. Do you think Seth Rogan knows anything about what "fan fraus" like?

by Anonymousreply 301July 19, 2016 6:07 PM

Do I smell a Dominic Cooper stan in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 302July 19, 2016 6:51 PM

No R302, just the putrid, rancid stench of R300.

by Anonymousreply 303July 19, 2016 6:55 PM

Well, of course you can't like anything on DL without being called a fan frau of one sort or another. It's tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 304July 19, 2016 6:58 PM

Or a shill, R304. Don't forget being called a Shill if you have the audacity to actually like something.

by Anonymousreply 305July 19, 2016 7:00 PM

I don't think it's the liking that's the problem, its the hysterical defensiveness in response to criticisms of the show.

by Anonymousreply 306July 19, 2016 7:00 PM

And R306 it is also the condescending criticisms that question the taste and intelligence of anyone who likes a show that you deem unworthy.

by Anonymousreply 307July 19, 2016 7:05 PM

Who's done that? Not I.

by Anonymousreply 308July 19, 2016 7:07 PM

LOVED the show at the beginning, but I find myself getting more and more bored.

How are the ratings? Will it be getting renewed?

by Anonymousreply 309July 19, 2016 7:14 PM

Wait, am I a fan shill, or a frau shill? I'm so confused, not hysterical, just confused.

R309, I think it's already been renewed for a 2nd season.

by Anonymousreply 310July 19, 2016 7:18 PM

Yes it has been renewed, that despite the ratings being pretty low. It started off with about two million viewers, but it's now hovering at roughly 1.5.

by Anonymousreply 311July 19, 2016 7:33 PM

R296 Who are "The angels decided to go with their other option,The Saint of Killers? What do they do?

by Anonymousreply 312July 19, 2016 9:29 PM

The Saint of Killers is the cowboy we saw in the 1881 flashbacks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313July 19, 2016 9:34 PM

So they are not angels anymore, but lost souls? Egads. I guess arseface stays in hell, the vampire eats dogs and Genisis remains in the Preacher. With only two more episodes to go before season end there seems to be a lot of loose ends to cover for any kind of satisfaction from the season.

by Anonymousreply 314July 19, 2016 9:38 PM

Also, the old lady who hit Preacher with a shovel ~ what was she sucking out of the Preacher and why did she die. Who is the old man dressed in black that yelled at her? The Devil?

Darn it if there aren't more questions than answers at this point.

by Anonymousreply 315July 19, 2016 9:57 PM

Tulip said "goddam you Jesse Custer" and it is his fault that the dog died because he made Cassidy burn up.

by Anonymousreply 316July 20, 2016 2:32 AM

[quote] Also, the old lady who hit Preacher with a shovel ~ what was she sucking out of the Preacher and why did she die.

I don't remember that scene. Is it something from the comic?

by Anonymousreply 317July 20, 2016 2:34 AM

I missed that too R317.

by Anonymousreply 318July 20, 2016 2:36 AM

[quote]And [R306] it is also the condescending criticisms that question the taste and intelligence of anyone who likes a show that you deem unworthy.

What a load of bull. Apparently some people take a criticism about a bloody tv show personally. People like you try to bully people into silence by pretending it's condescending towards the fans to discuss any negative aspects of a show. That is just so silly. Are you people really so unstable that you take it personally if someone presents criticism about a piece of entertainment you like? It's like some people treat DL as a fan forum and become extremely agitated if they notice someone disagreeing with them. And yes, those people sound like teen girls who get upset when they notice they're not in control.

by Anonymousreply 319July 20, 2016 5:12 AM

R315, R317, R318: Are you referring perhaps to another TV show, "Outcast"?

by Anonymousreply 320July 20, 2016 6:29 AM

R320 Sorry, I was talking about "Outcast".

by Anonymousreply 321July 20, 2016 8:09 AM

Thank you R321 for ending this thread.

by Anonymousreply 322July 20, 2016 6:49 PM

[quote]Are you people really so unstable that you take it personally if someone presents criticism about a piece of entertainment you like?

That's rhetorical.

by Anonymousreply 323July 20, 2016 7:15 PM

I can't get into the show. Cooper is handsome and it's cute when he speaks with a hick accent, but overall the show is boring.

by Anonymousreply 324July 21, 2016 5:40 AM

Has anyone read the comics? Without giving any spoilers, how close does the show follow the books?

by Anonymousreply 325July 21, 2016 2:39 PM

this show is far from boring. it is so damn funny, and bloody and confusing. but not for a minute is it boring. love the fact that its keeping us in the dark as to where its going. the journey is often more enjoyable than the destination.

by Anonymousreply 326July 24, 2016 8:54 PM

Outcast is depressing, but the lead guy's dork-fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 327July 24, 2016 9:04 PM

I'd watch Outcast, but I don't want to subscribe to Cinemax just for that.

by Anonymousreply 328July 24, 2016 10:05 PM

I agree with R266. I really, really wanted to like this show. I do not need to be spoon fed, nor do I need constant action, but I do need something to keep watching for, and Preacher hasn't delivered. I think the performances are great, I think it has potential, but I also think the showrunners are more interested in high fiving each other for their cleverness.

by Anonymousreply 329July 24, 2016 10:12 PM

R269, some of us enjoy discussing WHY we don't enjoy something, as well as understanding why others enjoy it, especially when we see potential that has been wasted.

I read things about the Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, as I see them mentioned constantly, and by people whose opinions I usually share. I do not enjoy those shows, but I see cultural references to them in media and would like to understand why they speak to most people. I don't want to not understand what someone means when they call something a "Red Wedding", even if I will never watch the scenes themselves.

by Anonymousreply 330July 24, 2016 10:17 PM

R330, but mostly (with rare exceptions) you're not discussing anything. It's pretty much posts and reposts of "This show is boring as shit," or slagging off on the showrunners like you have some intimate knowledge of their motivations, or calling people who like the show shills and fraus etc.

by Anonymousreply 331July 24, 2016 10:55 PM

So... the two angels are lovers?

THEY are the angel and demon that gave birth to Genesis?

by Anonymousreply 332July 25, 2016 1:53 AM

Still wish I could connect the old west scenes to the present.... other than the fact the tree is there in both times, apparently unchanged.

by Anonymousreply 333July 25, 2016 1:54 AM

This shitshow is confusing as hell.

by Anonymousreply 334July 25, 2016 1:59 AM

R334 its all laid out for you. just connect the pieces. damn was this one a great ep. RIP Mayor!

by Anonymousreply 335July 25, 2016 3:12 AM

R332, if you listen to what the two angels are saying very carefully, and the mannerisms, it appears that the taller one (Fiore) is a female angel possessing a male body. He appears not to have effeminate gay mannerism, but lady mannerisms. Remember, when they were sitting in the bathroom and Fiore was trying to brace himself to call heaven, DeBlanc said something like, "you do it, you're the sweet one," then something about, "they like you." Fiore seems easily scared and DeBlanc tries to reassure him/her/it. Watch Fiore's body language sometime. Fiore does a really good job of acting like a demure housefrau.

Fiore is the one that sings to Genesis, Fiore seems to have the closer connection to the "baby." My guess is, at one point they were male/female, had a baby, something happened to that body, and now Fiore is wearing a male "meatsuit," as they say on Supernatural. They don't care, because they aren't naturally corporeal life forms, they're just energy.

It seems like they're on the run from heaven and hell, everybody's mad at them. They're afraid if Genesis does any harm, they're going to pay for it. They appear to be dreading talking to heaven, hiding from them. Angels appear with the intention of killing them, or killing Genesis maybe? I'd like to see Jesse come to an agreement with them and try to help them. After all, Genesis likes it when Fiore sings to it. There must be some emotional connection between Genesis and its parents.

by Anonymousreply 336July 25, 2016 3:12 AM

I'm currently reading the comics (downloading them for free from my public library!) and there are a lot of similarities to the tv show, but some big differences as well.

First, Jesse and especially Cassidy are very much like they are in the comics. Tulip, not so much. Ruth Negga is great in the role, but she doesn't seem much like the comic Tulip--and not just because they changed the race. The Cowboy (Saint of Killers) and his backstory is also very close to the comics. The Angels/Genesis guardians look very different in the book. They are not the parents of Genesis in the comics.

I've read some interviews with Seth Rogen and the other producers, and I get why they have made some changes for TV. The comic has a globe trotting feel--the stories go all over the place. Too expensive to film, probably, and I imagine they wanted to keep it more grounded (also why we didn't see Hell and the actual Satan like in the comics). The tv show town is a mixture of the comic's town at the beginning of the series where we meet Arseface (much grosser in the comics) and his sheriff dad (much meaner in the comics) and another town Jesse winds up in much, much later in the comics, where he runs afoul of Quincannon (Jackie Earl Haley is perfectly cast), who is also way crazier in the comics. The characters of Emily, Denny, The Mayor (RIP--not) are not in the comics.

I'm liking the tv series, even if I am getting a little mixed up by reading the comics at the same time. There are definitely some characters and storylines I'd like to see on the show. Some I doubt we will see because of budget restraints; others don't fit into the tone the show seems to be setting.

by Anonymousreply 337July 25, 2016 5:22 AM

Thanks R337. I haven't read too far into the comics and appreciate the info.

by Anonymousreply 338July 25, 2016 3:27 PM

This episode was batshit crazy! My fucking head was spinning.

So Jesse has a change of heart towards Tulip, all of a sudden? I don't buy it. He has been ignoring her throughout the entire season, and now he's back in love with her? Whatever.

It was hilarious how they kept playing the head chopping scene over and over and over again. WTF was that all about? The scene near the end of the episode with the Saint of Killers was just rehashing his story, but I'm not sure what the point was of showing him killing the bar people repeatedly. It was very bizarre.

The rest of the episode was good, and I thought it was cute how Jesse and Cassidy made up. "So should be shag, now?" Haha. Yes, please.

by Anonymousreply 339July 25, 2016 4:52 PM

Fiore and DeBlanc said they were going to hell. The next thing you see is the Saint of Killers reliving the mass killing at the bar, his wife saying, "come back to us," his sick child. He was re-living the chain of events that led up to the mass murder that landed him in hell, including the loss of his family. Over and over.

That's hell.

by Anonymousreply 340July 25, 2016 4:56 PM

[quote]The scene near the end of the episode with the Saint of Killers was just rehashing his story, but I'm not sure what the point was of showing him killing the bar people repeatedly. It was very bizarre.

It's very common in movies and TV shows to present hell as an endless time loop lost souls are trapped in.

by Anonymousreply 341July 25, 2016 4:56 PM

Some of you seem new to this Show-watching thing... and any cultural or literary references. I'm an avowed (pun) atheist, but I know biblical mythology.

by Anonymousreply 342July 25, 2016 6:09 PM

[quote]It was hilarious how they kept playing the head chopping scene over and over and over again. WTF was that all about? The scene near the end of the episode with the Saint of Killers was just rehashing his story, but I'm not sure what the point was of showing him killing the bar people repeatedly. It was very bizarre.

Are you kidding me? THE GUY WAS TRAPPED IN HELL FORCED TO RELIVE THAT MOMENT OVER AND OVER.

It could not have been made plainer. How did you not get this? Especially given it's such an enduring trope?

by Anonymousreply 343July 25, 2016 7:00 PM

They even printed HELL in giant all caps ...

by Anonymousreply 344July 25, 2016 8:46 PM

So did the angels meet up with the saint of killers in hell?

They said that they want him to kill the preacher, so I wonder how he's going to do it?

I guess that's going to be in the finale next Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 345July 26, 2016 1:00 AM

Loved the travel agent to hell and the shuttle.

by Anonymousreply 346July 26, 2016 1:55 AM

Did I forget something about the Mayor and Emily's relationship? Why did she feed him to Cassidy?

by Anonymousreply 347July 26, 2016 2:12 AM

They were just fuckbuddies, R347, but she never really cared for him.

I think that she kind of had contempt for him, and she got so fed up that she decided to feed him to Cassidy.

by Anonymousreply 348July 26, 2016 2:28 AM

Tulip told her that Jesse was all hers, but she can't have a shiny new Preacher boyfriend with that Mayor schlep chasing after her. So, easy peasy lemon squeezy, two problems solved at once. Plus, I think she really just saw the Mayor as an easily manipulated burden. He was convenient when she felt like a roll in sack, but annoying otherwise. And with a handsome new penis ... er, boyfriend in the picture, at least in her mind, it's noms for Cassidy.

Now, what's going to happen now that Jesse has professed his love for Tulip until the end of time, we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 349July 26, 2016 2:29 AM

Okay, did I not see our buff redneck shoot himself in the trunk of a car and now he's in Quincannon's office? Did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 350July 26, 2016 2:38 AM

He didn't shoot himself, he shot into the closed space of the trunk so it would deafen him and Preacher's power wouldn't work on him.

by Anonymousreply 351July 26, 2016 2:41 AM

R350, he didn't shoot himself. The gunshot was to blow out his ear drums. So that Preacher would not mess with him last episode.

by Anonymousreply 352July 26, 2016 2:42 AM

Didn't you notice he was DEAF in this episode, R350??

Do you watch this show, or just have it on in the background while you do household chores?

by Anonymousreply 353July 26, 2016 4:39 AM

[quote]He appears not to have effeminate gay mannerism, but lady mannerisms. Remember, when they were sitting in the bathroom and Fiore was trying to brace himself to call heaven, DeBlanc said something like, "you do it, you're the sweet one," then something about, "they like you." Fiore seems easily scared and DeBlanc tries to reassure him/her/it. Watch Fiore's body language sometime. Fiore does a really good job of acting like a demure housefrau.

To me it doesn't exactly scream demure housefrau to be sad about leaving your beloved comic book collection behind (nice callback btw. the show being based on a comic book series), because the bus to hell doesn't allow carry-ons. Maybe I am indeed projecting, but I think the angels are just angels who are gay for each other (because they chose to dress up as two government agents). I think a guy like Seth Rogan (who put a huge CGI penis on the Devil in This Is The End) would put something like that in a show of his.

by Anonymousreply 354July 26, 2016 8:39 AM

I want Derek Wilson to fuck me and fuck me and fuck me.

I said 'FUCK ME!!!'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355July 26, 2016 9:31 PM

Yeah R355. I'm sure you are exactly the bossy, never satisfied, pushy bottom Wilson is looking for.

by Anonymousreply 356July 27, 2016 1:04 PM

I'm sure your husbear is totally turned on by your use of baby talk when alluding to speech and bodily functions, obese flyover fhag-frau R356.

by Anonymousreply 357July 28, 2016 7:11 PM

I've been saying that from the beginning, R355. Derek Wilson is HOT!

Tonight's the finale. I'm curious to see how this crazy ass show is gonna wrap up the season.

by Anonymousreply 358July 31, 2016 8:48 PM

So is the Scottish guy a monster?

by Anonymousreply 359July 31, 2016 10:08 PM

Cassidy? Yes, he's a vampire, but, you know, perfectly nice as these things go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360July 31, 2016 10:12 PM

He is Irish not Scottish.

by Anonymousreply 361July 31, 2016 11:18 PM

This is the season finale, yes? Tonight?

by Anonymousreply 362August 1, 2016 1:05 AM

Wow. That was a finale.

by Anonymousreply 363August 1, 2016 2:35 AM

Interesting listening to the after-show... the entire season was just a preamble to the actual show, and the comic.

by Anonymousreply 364August 1, 2016 3:48 AM

Now THAT was a finale.

It had everything in it. Action, suspense, and humor. Not only that, but it gave the audience a form of closure, while making it very clear where the show is headed in the next season. It was completely satisfying, and other "big" shows really need to pay attention to how this show is written. It was awesome.

The acting on this show is also superb. The lead three in the cast (Cooper, Negga, and Gilgun) are probably the best lead actors in a series, that I've seen in a very long time. Negga and Gilgun in particular, deserve Emmy nods. They completely embody their characters.

I also love the music in the show. Love the country and western music, mixed in with the modern. I especially loved the montage of the last moments of the people in the town, with "No Rain" playing in the background. It has to be the closest thing to the artistry of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" that I've seen in the 2000's. That scene was just superb, climaxing with the town ending up in a nuclear explosion of methane gas, caused by years of built of cowshit. It really doesn't get any better than that.

I love that this show keeps me on my toes, and keeps me guessing, and never leaves me bored.

The Walking Dead had better be afraid, because with shows like Preacher and Turn and Fear the Walking Dead on their heels, it looks like there's going to be a new #1 show on AMC very soon.

I predicted this with TWD in their first season, and I'm feeling the same thing for Preacher. It's that good.

by Anonymousreply 365August 1, 2016 11:30 AM

I thought the finale was meh. It's basically a buildup to some Supernatural road trip show with the trio driving from one town to the other solving all kinds of supernatural hijinks while being chased by the Cowboy?

The only thing I liked was Derek Wilson becoming one of the good guys and "God" being revealed as an imposter and then the imposter reveals that God's missing.

by Anonymousreply 366August 1, 2016 1:44 PM

I thought it was interesting that every person in that town, one way or another, was revealed as badly flawed sinners, but Derek Wilson and his wife's characters, although flawed in their own ways, were the good guys. I thought it was significant that his character said, "Preacher showed me mercy, so I showed him mercy," and his wife agreed. It was like they redeemed themselves in their last days but the other townspeople didn't.

So many of the others were self righteous and judgmental, but the sherrif strangled a woman, Tracy's mom killed her daughter, the school bus girls killed the driver, etc. It reminded me of that creepy video for Black Hole Sun that showed a whole town full of sickos.

by Anonymousreply 367August 1, 2016 1:54 PM

It's fascinating that the show would get you so involved with all these characters... and then kill them all off like that.

The only character who is likely to come back (other than the lead 3, the cowboy, and the angels) is the one the Preacher accidentally sent to hell.

by Anonymousreply 368August 1, 2016 2:23 PM

I thought it was funny, Jesse, Tulip and Cassidy are so self-involved that they didn't even notice the town basically got nuked and everyone they knew there was dead.

by Anonymousreply 369August 1, 2016 4:17 PM

[quote] It's fascinating that the show would get you so involved with all these characters... and then kill them all off like that.

Actually, the show left that part open-ended. The newscaster (after showing Tom Cruise's ashes being shot off into space.. hahaha) mentioned that they weren't sure if anyone had survived the blast. So the lady with the crush on Preacher, or Mr. Quincannon, or Donnie and his wife could still be alive.

They could have survived the blast somehow, and be featured in future episodes.

However, as mentioned earlier, this is where the comic book actually begins... with Preacher, Tulip and Cassidy on a search around the world. And as Tulip put it, "drivin' around, drinkin' and shootin' people." This is why I said that the finale set up the second season nicely, because it summed up in a single sentence what was coming up, without a stupid cliffhanger (like Walking Dead), or some lengthy and complicated scene.

That should make for an interesting second season.

by Anonymousreply 370August 1, 2016 6:53 PM

I forget who said it, Seth Rogen or the other producer, on "Talking Preacher," but he pretty much said this season was basically a prologue to the real storyline: Jesse, Tulip and Cassidy and their worldwide search for God.

by Anonymousreply 371August 1, 2016 7:23 PM

That scene near the end of the episode with Donnie laying in bed with only his boxers on... oh fucking damn!!

Derek Wilson is such a sexy guy. And his body is perfect. He's my new tv crush.

by Anonymousreply 372August 1, 2016 7:42 PM

R370, on the after show, they confirmed that everyone died in the explosion.

by Anonymousreply 373August 1, 2016 8:14 PM

The characters in the Indian and mascot costumes who hanged themselves together were in a relationship?

by Anonymousreply 374August 1, 2016 9:08 PM

Yeah, the mascots were gay.

by Anonymousreply 375August 1, 2016 9:22 PM

Supposedly it was an unrequited love affair, but I'm not sure that's the right word since that means a one-sided love.

by Anonymousreply 376August 1, 2016 9:40 PM

It was a REQUITED love affair... but a secret one. They were on opposing teams. They COULDN'T be seen "together"!

by Anonymousreply 377August 1, 2016 9:54 PM

R336, I thought it was DeBlanc who sang to Genesis? Otherwise, I didn't really pick up on anything to suggest that Fiore is technically female. I did, however, catch DeBlanc calling him 'love'. The angels are easily my favorite thing about this show (along with Donny), which I am trying to get into but have been struggling to remain invested throughout the season.

I am laughing my ass of, though, at the many, many simpletons on here who need explanations for the most basic pieces of the plot. Good form on those willing to take the time, lol.

by Anonymousreply 378August 1, 2016 9:56 PM

Amazing show. I love it. I loved the finale too. It's just so funny and crazy and cool. My favorite show this year.

by Anonymousreply 379August 1, 2016 10:23 PM

"Love" is a British expression.

One of the things that made me think Fiore was female was when they got on the bus to go to hell. Fiore had a suitcase he wanted to take on the bus. DeBlanc told him to leave it behind. Fiore looked stricken. "But they're my comics." "Leave it behind, my dear," said DeBlanc. Fiore looked hesitiant, but did as he was told, reluctantly.

Their relationship seems like one where Fiore is very hesitant and easily led by DeBlanc, but if you look at it from the point of view of "Fiore is a female," then some things fall into place. Fiore isn't being pushed around by DeBlanc, DeBlanc is actually being very protective of a person he sees as delicate and easily upset. That might fall into the meme of "angels are gentle and "sweet," as DeBlanc said, demons are tough, and maybe he feels s/he is in need of protection because s/he isn't used to the toughness of human life.

If you close your eyes and listen to their conversations, it's a protective working class man looking after his ditzy wife. Maybe the writers can't write a gay couple, but since they may well be possessing "vessels," it could just be the bodies not matching the souls. Look at the 4'9" blonde angel flinging a roomful of guys around like they were dolls. She was hard as nails. It wasn't just physical strength, she was a very hard person.

by Anonymousreply 380August 1, 2016 10:36 PM

R378 I had DeBlanc pegged as the Mom-type as well, and yes he was the one who sang the lullaby, while Fiore called Genesis a "bad boy." They didn't come right out and say he and Fiore were the parents, but it was certainly implied.

by Anonymousreply 381August 1, 2016 10:39 PM

In the comic the demon was female and the angel male. DeBlanc is the mother and Fiore is the father.

by Anonymousreply 382August 1, 2016 10:43 PM

I know that 'love' is a Britishism, R380, I have British parents. My point was that you don't typically hear a man using such a term of affection for another man unless they are family. I liked your idea that they are actually the couple that conceived Genesis, but I just don't see Fiore as the female/mother. Him moaning about having to leave his comic books behind sounds more like a teenage fanboy, not a woman.

R382, thanks for the info.

by Anonymousreply 383August 2, 2016 2:44 PM

In the finale, Fiore is the only one who returned from hell.

by Anonymousreply 384August 2, 2016 2:50 PM

R384, he was shot in the head, remember? Of course, I don't know that that means he's dead and gone, but still... that's the last we saw of him.

by Anonymousreply 385August 2, 2016 5:11 PM

I did forget R385, thanks for the reminder.

by Anonymousreply 386August 2, 2016 5:13 PM

Angels don't have gender. They only assume male or female identities when they appear to us stupid humans so they don't frighten us.

by Anonymousreply 387August 2, 2016 6:33 PM

The angels have previously been 'mortally' wounded and even buried, but always returned alive. What's different this time?

by Anonymousreply 388August 2, 2016 10:02 PM

Maybe because he was shot by a man who's already dead?

by Anonymousreply 389August 2, 2016 10:04 PM

They were in Hell, not on earth.

I'm not sure what else the difference would be.

by Anonymousreply 390August 2, 2016 10:04 PM

I'm aware that angels have no gender as depicted in the Bible. I was talking about the comic where Genesis was conceived by a male angel and a female demon.

by Anonymousreply 391August 2, 2016 10:07 PM

Also DeBlanc was killed by the "Saint of killers" (is that right), which might make a difference. I hope he pops back up, I really like the interaction between the two angel/cowboy/agents.

by Anonymousreply 392August 2, 2016 11:30 PM

The show is still missing a heart. It's light weight cynicism to pass the time, but none of the characters are likable or interesting.

by Anonymousreply 393August 3, 2016 9:23 PM

R393, I disagree with your assertion that none of the characters is likable or interesting. MANY of the characters are quite interesting.

by Anonymousreply 394August 3, 2016 10:20 PM

Perhaps not interesting, but definitely fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 395August 3, 2016 10:26 PM

[quote]Can they hire Americans for the lead roles? The comic is mired in Americana and having Griffiths, Cooper and Negga(British and Irish actors) as leads is quiet amusing. A British production would never hire this many Americans.

R90 I don't understand why SAG/AFTRA turns a blind eye. Repeatedly. It's getting ridiculous. Are't they supposed to be looking out for American actors?

You are right, in the UK, Ireland, Australia, and Canada, they have safeguards protecting local talent. That's why it's not as easy for Americans to get jobs abroad, especially if they're just starting out. But Seth Rogen, who is a producer, didn't even consider Americans for the roles. He said something like "We're standing on the shoulders of giants" referring to Brits as superior actors. Whatever. I'm sure he's just talking the talk and saying what the studios want him to say, because Foreign actors are cheaper.

I find it very hard to believe that there is no talent in the US. Some of the best acting schools are here, not to mention that the populations of the UK, Canada, Australia, and Ireland COMBINED is not even half of America's population. So how could they have more talent? It doesn't compute. So, all this "American actors are not as good" is just bullshit in order to higher cheaper actors. It's no different from corporations hiring foreign workers on temporary visas to replace American workers. Two years ago, Disney World replaced all their tech workers with Indians. What's more, the newly laid-off workers had to train their replacements. Talk about cruel.

At the rate we're going, we'll have no American actors in American movies/TV shows in the future, because young American actors are not being sought and groomed by the studios.

by Anonymousreply 396June 21, 2017 4:20 PM

That's interesting, R396. I didn't realize that foreign actors come cheaper than Americans. No wonder they're hiring so many Brits.

Anyway, the new season looks good (and fun)!

I'm curious who's the guy in the heavy makeup who kind of looks like a drag queen? He looks interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397June 21, 2017 7:10 PM

American acting programs generally train "actors" to preen for the camera and snack on the scenery. They have poor voice and body control, not to mention they're usually insufferably self-interest.

Commonwealth actors usually have to undergo pretty rigorous training, must regularly tackle premodern theater, and don't have to suffer nearly as many batshit crazy directors. They also often get far more experience working their way up through regional theater before getting noticed.

All that to say in the US pretty faces often take precedence over any appreciable acting skill.

Note I said often, not always.

by Anonymousreply 398June 21, 2017 9:43 PM

NEW EPISODE THIS SUNDAY!!!

by Anonymousreply 399June 22, 2017 12:39 AM

Can't wait for the new season...

by Anonymousreply 400June 23, 2017 2:14 AM

Preacher returns tonight, bitches!

Can't wait to see sexy Preacher and Cassidy!!

by Anonymousreply 401June 25, 2017 5:55 PM

I hope we get more scenes of Jesse and Cassidy hanging out together in their underwear.

by Anonymousreply 402June 25, 2017 9:19 PM

The first ten minutes of the premiere episode was just non-stop joyful fun.

by Anonymousreply 403June 26, 2017 2:09 AM

I fucking love this show.

by Anonymousreply 404June 26, 2017 5:24 AM

Dominic Cooper is so hot

by Anonymousreply 405June 26, 2017 6:57 AM

Dominic looks really good this season. I don't know what he did between last year and this year, but it's working!

The opening was spectacular. THAT'S how you do a season opener! **glaring at the WALKING FUCKING DEAD**

This show has some really good writers.

by Anonymousreply 406June 26, 2017 2:18 PM

Episode two was just as amazing as Episode One... damn.

Picked up even more things watching them back to back a second time.

by Anonymousreply 407June 27, 2017 5:12 AM

I had no idea Seth Rogan was so involved in the show, even co-directing. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 408June 27, 2017 2:47 PM

So, the angels were friends. Friends with benefits.

by Anonymousreply 409June 27, 2017 4:50 PM

They loved each other deeply.

by Anonymousreply 410June 28, 2017 12:27 AM

Graham McTavish, who plays The Saint of Killers, was on TALKING PREACHER last night. Hot daddy!

by Anonymousreply 411June 28, 2017 1:08 AM

Yeah, he actually seemed really nice and was definitely handsome.

I love LOVE the actor who played the Angel though. I sure hope this isn't the last we see of him. He was great.

by Anonymousreply 412June 28, 2017 2:45 PM

I liked his flashback montage where he goes through the motions and becomes a Las Vegas sensation.

And later on he developed a little crush on Cassidy (or maybe that was just the right amount of heroin).

It's a pretty great show.

by Anonymousreply 413June 28, 2017 3:24 PM

Cassidy is pretty hot.

by Anonymousreply 414June 28, 2017 3:41 PM

When's Arseface coming back? His name's in the title credits, but how long has he been MIA?

by Anonymousreply 415June 28, 2017 6:37 PM

[quote] So, the angels were friends. Friends with benefits.

[quote] And later on he developed a little crush on Cassidy

Okay, is it just me, or was there a huge hint that Fiore and Cassidy had sex??

There were very subtle little clues about it, like when Fiore said that he and his partner were best friends, and then Cassidy asked, "but you were roommates and did you have sex?" Then Fiore replied, "of course, that's what best friends do!"

What was interesting was how Cassidy's eyes lit up when Fiore said that to him, and Cassidy tried to get Fiore high on drugs after that. There was a lot of back and forth, with them playing around, and then naked in the bathtub together, and then in bed in robes together, and then Fiore made a joke about "cream," and made these sexy eyes towards Cassidy.

And then right after that, there was a countdown clock of 3 minutes and so many seconds, which I took to imply that they would have sex in that amount of time.

Then the scene ended.

There was a strong implication that Cassidy and Fiore had sex.

Also interesting was how Cassidy's eyes lit up when Fiore said that best friends have sex because "that's what best friends do!"

Well Preacher is Cassidy's best friend. Cassidy says it all the time. And when Preacher said that he and Tulip are getting married, Cassidy had a look of disappointment/sadness on his face.

I honestly couldn't tell if he was sad because he's in love with Preacher, his "best mate" or because he's sad about Tulip who he had sex with before.

It was a very, very subtle storyline there, but I swear I picked up on a gay vibe there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416June 28, 2017 7:46 PM

R415, he was shown in the previews of the next episode.

by Anonymousreply 417June 28, 2017 7:55 PM

[quote]And then right after that, there was a countdown clock of 3 minutes and so many seconds, which I took to imply that they would have sex in that amount of time.

R416, while it was implied that they may have had sex, that's not at all what the countdown clock was about. That was the original 2 hours and 45 minutes countdown to getting the angel's cooperation that he promised Preacher.

by Anonymousreply 418June 28, 2017 7:57 PM

Thanks, R418.

I was in and out of the episode, so I didn't catch that part.

by Anonymousreply 419June 28, 2017 8:01 PM

The show needs to have Dominic Cooper in his underwear every episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420June 28, 2017 8:02 PM

I love Dominic, but he looks like he reeks of cigarette smoke and possible bad breath.

by Anonymousreply 421June 28, 2017 8:19 PM

I love this show.

How come there are two threads now?

by Anonymousreply 422July 17, 2017 10:08 PM

This was the original thread from last season, R422.

It still has a way to go before it's filled up.

by Anonymousreply 423July 17, 2017 10:38 PM

SEAON PREMIERE TONIGHT!

by Anonymousreply 424June 25, 2018 1:10 AM

SEASON FINALE TONIGHT!

by Anonymousreply 425August 27, 2018 2:20 AM

Season 4 to be the last.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426April 8, 2019 10:22 PM

Sigh. I WANT MORE!

by Anonymousreply 427April 9, 2019 12:35 AM

The best news I've received today. I despise overrated pot head sorry fat fugly ass Seth Rogan for the way he unnecessarily butchered this story. It was totally unnecessary for him to be that faithful to the narrative of the comic series, which was awesome. For all the crap the Game of Thrones show runners get for their mostly faithful and brilliant adaption of the source material, they pretty much stuck to George R.R. Martin's narrative through the first 5 seasons. The Preacher comic series written by Garth Ennis was brilliant. Honestly, I wish this show wasn't even renew for the 4th season. Fuck Seth Rogan, fat ugly bitch!

by Anonymousreply 428April 9, 2019 12:41 AM

Correction: . It was totally unnecessary for him NOT to be that faithful to the narrative of the comic series...

by Anonymousreply 429April 9, 2019 12:43 AM

Rot in hell, R428, I love the show. Never read the comic and never care to. It's irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 430April 9, 2019 12:47 AM

Fuck you r430! Seth Rogan is trash and his "adaptation" is TRASH. I will give him credit for the casting, which is the best thing in the show. Unfortunately they couldn't play within the perfect narrative written by Garth Ennis. I'm really hoping that at some point in the near future, someone else will do a more faithful version of Preacher.

by Anonymousreply 431April 9, 2019 7:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!