Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Poll: Sanders gaining on Clinton in California

April 7, 2016

CALIFORNIA - Field Poll

CLINTON - 47

SANDERS - 41

--

[quote]Sanders capitalizing on support of young voters, independents

[quote]Clinton leads among women, older voters and registered Democrats

Rallying a crush of young people and independent voters to his campaign, Bernie Sanders has cut deeply into Hillary Clinton’s lead in California two months before the state’s Democratic presidential primary, according to a new Field Poll.

Sanders, who trailed Clinton by double digits in January, now lags just 6 percentage points behind.

The poll comes amid an increasingly bitter – and unexpectedly competitive – Democratic nominating contest. Though Clinton maintains a commanding lead in delegates, Sanders has scored victories in smaller states, including in Wisconsin on Wednesday, and continues to draw large crowds.

“He’s building some momentum,” poll director Mark DiCamillo said.

In California, Clinton leads Sanders 47 percent to 41 percent. She and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, have forged an expansive network of donors and political connections over a quarter-century campaigning in the state, and she remains the choice of women, older voters and registered Democrats here.

But Sanders, the senator from Vermont, is pummeling Clinton by 25 percentage points among likely voters in their 30s, and by an even wider margin among younger voters, according to the poll.

Sanders leads Clinton by 10 percentage points among independent voters likely to vote in the Democratic primary.

For Sanders, the poll offers a significant measure of the candidate’s ability to compete in a large and diverse state, with the New York primary looming on April 19.

Sanders still trails Clinton among Latino voters in California, but only by 7 percentage points, according to the poll.

Early in the campaign, DiCamillo said, “Latinos would be a traditionally strong segment for Hillary, she’d have it in her back pocket.”

Now, he said, “it’s one of the segments that’s moving away.”

Following the primary on June 7, California likely will recede from view, with no Republican expected to seriously compete in this heavily Democratic state. Yet the poll suggests vulnerabilities for Clinton that could carry over into a general election campaign.

While more than 60 percent of Clinton supporters view Sanders favorably, according to the poll, Sanders’ supporters offer an assessment of Clinton that is more mixed – and more negative than in January.

“He’s doing damage,” DiCamillo said. “His campaign isn’t being a kid glove campaign on Hillary any more. It’s actually doing damage and is changing people’s minds about Hillary.”

Nationwide, 25 percent of Sanders supporters say they would not support Clinton in the general election if she becomes the nominee, according to a McClatchy-Marist poll this week.

Sanders sharpened his attack on Clinton on Wednesday, saying at a rally in Philadelphia that the former senator and secretary of state is not “qualified” to be president because of her ties to Wall Street and vote for the war in Iraq.

Clinton, campaigning in Pennsylvania, said Sanders advocates unrealistic policy proposals and “doesn’t have a plan at all” in some areas.

Ranjan Singh, a 37-year-old Democrat and poll respondent from Roseville, supports Sanders but acknowledges that with Clinton’s delegate lead, “It may be that this year could be Hillary’s turn.”

He said he will vote for Clinton if she wins the nomination. Meantime, he said, “I would hope to see (Sanders) compete and continue to campaign.”

Clinton has maintained relatively favorable public approval ratings in California since her time as first lady, and she carried the state over Barack Obama in the primary election in 2008.

Speaking at a rally for his wife in Los Angeles on Sunday, Bill Clinton said, “California has been uncommonly good to my family.”

[Full article]:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573February 8, 2020 3:31 PM

Bernie Sanders is going to be the next president of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2016 8:41 PM

Is California winner take all? No. Essentially splitting the delegates is not enough! Do u need thread for every new poll?

by Anonymousreply 2April 8, 2016 8:43 PM

Not *every* new poll, R2, but I am the Poll Troll.

It's my job to post a lot of polls. ;)

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2016 8:45 PM

[Bold] THIS IS ALL "KINGMAKER" MEDIA DOING! I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN. AMERICANS ARE THE STUPIDEST CUNTS ON THE PLANET! FOLLOWERS!

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2016 8:47 PM

Meanwhile, the new Emerson poll shows Clinton ahead of Sanders by 18 points in New York, instead of 48 earlier in the year.

So both polls show Sanders narrowing the gap.

However, these polls were taken before Sanders' "Hillary is not qualified" controversy, so it's possible he could lose momentum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2016 8:53 PM

I hope he is not. He has no more idea than Trump how to be President. He just has more or less the right views on the issues, if not an idea or a plan on how to achieve any of them.

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2016 8:54 PM

I'm voting for Hillary, but I am disappointed at how LITTLE grassroots outreach her campaign is doing.

Just in the last week, I've been called twice by the Sanders campaign, from people phone-banking, and have seen their volunteers set-up booths at public events to try and woo voters. Nothing from Hillary (yet)....

by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2016 8:58 PM

Unless Sanders is up by double digits nothing really changes.

Let's wait to see how NYS does.

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2016 8:58 PM

I live in San Diego, and I've seen about 50 Sanders bumper stickers and only 1 Hilary sticker so far this year. It seems like the Sanders supporters have more enthusiasm.

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2016 8:59 PM

I think they are more vocal about their support, R9. That's been the case since the beginning.

But you know that saying: "Still waters run deep". That's why Clinton overwhelmingly leads Sanders in popular vote.

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2016 9:04 PM

R2... Don't screw with the poll troll or the wrath of DL will come down upon you.

Thank you, poll troll. Was this before or after the disastrous Sanders Daily News interview? Also, polls narrow the closer you get to an election.

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2016 9:05 PM

[quote]I live in San Diego, and I've seen about 50 Sanders bumper stickers

I live in LA and I've only seen two, three Sanders stickers. And I drive a lot.

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2016 9:07 PM

[quote]Was this before or after the disastrous Sanders Daily News interview?

The Field Poll for California was conducted between March 24 & April 4, so it was completed before the Daily News interview, and before the recent Sanders controversy that "Hillary is not qualified" to be President.

Perhaps we will see a new poll next week for California (& New York) that measures whether Sanders has a lost any momentum as a result of this week's events.

by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2016 9:17 PM

Hillary is bought and paid for. If that's not a deal breaker, then I don't know what is.

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2016 10:37 PM

Still voting for the DEMOCRAT on the ballot in November !

Not into the in party fighting AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2016 10:44 PM

Really R12-- where in LA? The westside is a sea of Sanders stickers as are east side neighborhoods like Loz Feliz and Silver Lake.

by Anonymousreply 16April 8, 2016 10:47 PM

A travesty really. The idiots who vote for Sanders deserve President Trump or Cruz.

by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2016 10:49 PM

Sanders easily beats both Trump and Cruz in every poll, r17. Like, by a lot. By more than Hillary. But you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 18April 8, 2016 10:53 PM

But if she loses, R18, then I don't get hear them say "Madame President" and that would be tragic.

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2016 10:55 PM

[quote] Sanders easily beats both Trump and Cruz in every poll, [R17]. Like, by a lot. By more than Hillary. But you knew that.

Sanders has not been touched by the Republican smear machine. Like, at all. Unlike Hillary. But you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2016 10:56 PM

What r20 said. But you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2016 10:58 PM

All I knew is that I needed more sun.

by Anonymousreply 22April 8, 2016 10:59 PM

If all it takes to ruffle Sanders feathers is a New York Daily News interview, then R18 should be worried that he's never been tested. Hillary has put up with a couple of decades of attacks plus the ones coming from Sander's babies who have no idea about context and she's still standing. One flubbed interview has Sander's reeling for a week. Bad sign how he would hold up against the GOP attacks. I'd rather take my chances with Clinton any day.

by Anonymousreply 23April 8, 2016 11:02 PM

A slight narrowing is to be expected in these "I'm crazy mad" times, but Sanders' determination to commit political suicide by insulting Clinton, lying over and over about her statements, misstating his own positions, showing his lack of knowledge of the system and how government works, lying about the Vatican "inviting me" to speak - he's gone over the edge and the polls will catch that up by the time he gets his nasty, sweaty head handed to him in New York.

by Anonymousreply 24April 8, 2016 11:11 PM

Anyone else notice that the Hillbots hatred of Bernie on DL seems to rise in proportion to how well he's doing with the general public? Winning 7 of the last 8 primaries has certainly raised the level.

A friend of mine thinks it's because DL's Hillbots have social media peer groups who are all Bernie supporters and so they're embarrassed to post about her on Facebook or Twitter because they get shut down on there. So they come to DL where they find other Hillbots and can let their Hilla-rage out anonymously.

by Anonymousreply 25April 8, 2016 11:21 PM

sure_jan.gif

by Anonymousreply 26April 8, 2016 11:27 PM

Here's what you need to know. Hillary needs to get 36% of the votes in the rest of the primaries & caucuses to win enough delegates to secure the nomination. Bernie needs 77%. That's all you need to know. She is leading in the popular vote by a margin of 2.6 million. Trump is in second place with the popular vote. Bernie is third.

Right now, She needs less than 700 delegates to secure the nomination. Bernie needs more than 1,000.

by Anonymousreply 27April 9, 2016 12:02 AM

The people of California need to take a closer look... and realize Bernie is not Presidential, does not have the coattails necessary to win back Congress, and has no real plans for implementing his grand vision, no real idea how, nor any idea of the consequences.

After his disastrous NY Daily News interview, his support should be going DOWN.

by Anonymousreply 28April 9, 2016 12:04 AM

HIllary needs to do better with women and with latinos. She is getting the majority, but she needs a wider margin within those demographics.

by Anonymousreply 29April 9, 2016 12:07 AM

It's so cute to watch the Hillbots defend their special snowflake.

by Anonymousreply 30April 9, 2016 12:39 AM

It will be even cuter to watch the Bernie supporters implode when he doesn't get the nomination, R30.

by Anonymousreply 31April 9, 2016 12:44 AM

Bernie supporters really do live in a delusional bubble, just like tea-party types do... divorced from reality and from even the most basic facts.

by Anonymousreply 32April 9, 2016 12:47 AM

I can't wait for this primary season to be over. Bernie has money and he gets attention, so even if he loses the delegate contests he will keep campaigning and playing the tease making his people believe that he might challenge Hillary at the convention. Trust me. Bernie will be a trouble maker right until the last minute threatening an insurgency at the convention, then threatening third party unless they meet his demands. He will absolutely NOT relinquish the spotlight. Letting go will be as hard for him as for his supporters. Just wait.

He's the guy who invites himself t your party, then stays until you shut the lights, put on your PJs and hand him his hat.

by Anonymousreply 33April 9, 2016 1:05 AM

[quote]Not into the in party fighting AT ALL.

Blame the independent candidate who decided to use the democratic party for his own selfish interests, only to trash it to boost his own profile. The same one who wanted to primary a democratic president in 2012.

Staunch democrats have every right to be disgusted that he's calling Clinton not qualified and dragging her through the mud, but treating Trump and the Republicans with kid gloves.

by Anonymousreply 34April 9, 2016 1:05 AM

[quote]Blame the independent candidate who decided to use the democratic party for his own selfish interests, only to trash it to boost his own profile. The same one who wanted to primary a democratic president in 2012.

Why would you blame the man who is the only Democratic candidate running a clean campaign? He is bringing awareness to the DNC and massively increasing voter turnout. Not only that he has contributed significant amounts of cash to downticket Democratic races!

by Anonymousreply 35April 9, 2016 1:12 AM

Because Bernie ISN'T a Democrat, he never HAS been, and she shouldn't be running as one.

by Anonymousreply 36April 9, 2016 1:14 AM

And why Bernie supporters know it's Bros B4 Hos, Trump B4 Chump, Cruz B4 Flooz

Because once Bernie is out of the race, it's just 3 Rethugs and we'll go for the ones who are honest about who they are.

by Anonymousreply 37April 9, 2016 1:26 AM

[quote]Anyone else notice that the Hillbots hatred of Bernie on DL seems to rise in proportion to how well he's doing with the general public?

I wouldn't use the word hatred, but I certainly get incredibly frustrated that so many people are so enthusiastic about a candidate who is wholly unable to implement any part of his campaign platform. He may as well be offering everyone a free house.

The latest thing from the Sanders crowd is that incremental change is a bad thing. This is stupidity of the highest order and I have a low tolerance for stupidity when it's what got us President Bush.

by Anonymousreply 38April 9, 2016 1:28 AM

Wasn't that Obama's theme as well, R38, you know Hope and Change. Or did you not like Obama either?

by Anonymousreply 39April 9, 2016 1:33 AM

I don't think 60% of her supporters view him favorably anymore. Lost me.

by Anonymousreply 40April 9, 2016 1:42 AM

Bernie is a fraud and I really get a kick out of these fools who want to canonize him. Did you know his wife is making money off the toxic waste dump in Texas where Bernie legislated Vermont's toxic nuclear waste be sent? You know he voted against immigration reform then went on Lou Dobbs to rant about protecting American jobs and American workers. Except two years later when he had the chance to protect American workers he voted against the Auto industry rescue package. He tried to sabotage the Affordable Care Act and he'll scrap it it he's elected. He voted FOR Wall Street deregulation and for the Iraq War. Anyone with half a brain working can see he is mentally unstable. You know he told reporters today that "Of course Hillary is qualified!" then he laughed as if it was a ridiculous question and lectured the reporters about not talking issues. He's nuts.

by Anonymousreply 41April 9, 2016 1:53 AM

And 82% of Wisconsin Democratic primary voters under 30 supported him.

She's lost an entire generation for the Democrats. They are all going to vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 42April 9, 2016 1:56 AM

She will win them over in time for the general election, and she will be a wonderful President and they will love her. Hillary will do everything she can to reach out to them YOu watch. She is a very inclusive person and she will work hard to prove herself.

by Anonymousreply 43April 9, 2016 1:58 AM

Sorry R43. Nothing she can say will win us over. Liar, liar, pantsuit on fire and all that.

by Anonymousreply 44April 9, 2016 2:00 AM

Because also this, R43

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 9, 2016 2:01 AM

And this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 9, 2016 2:03 AM

This

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 9, 2016 2:03 AM

More

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 9, 2016 2:04 AM

Gay marriage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 9, 2016 2:05 AM

Copycat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 9, 2016 2:05 AM

Colleges can't afford her speaking fees, but Goldman Sachs can

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 9, 2016 2:06 AM

[quote]Hillary is bought and paid for. If that's not a deal breaker, then I don't know what is.

Which of her Senate votes were paid for? During her years in the Senate, Clinton's and Sanders' votes were identical 93% of the time, yet 40 of Bernie's fellow Senators refuse to endorse him, and have endorsed Hillary! Hillary has been raising money for fellow Democrats for 20+ years and Bernie has announced to his "fellow" Democrats that he "will see" about supporting any Democrat other than himself. Hmmmm? I wonder who will be going out on a limb for a President Sanders? No one. Own the facts magical thinkers.

by Anonymousreply 52April 9, 2016 2:06 AM

She's losing Latinos by 30%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 9, 2016 2:07 AM

She's a DINO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 9, 2016 2:08 AM

Repressive Arab regimes LOVE her and donate millions to her campaign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 9, 2016 2:09 AM

See what I mean? R35 actually believes Bernie is running a clean campaign.

I just have to shake my head and laugh at these naïve assholes.

by Anonymousreply 56April 9, 2016 2:09 AM

This relentless "Hillary's whole campaign is supported by Wall Street!" is a tiresome lie. Hillary also has millions of small money donors. The Bernie people are so happy to all be walking on water and turning water into wine! Why bother talking about facts. Buncha smarmy assholes. Mary Poppins, I mean Bernie Sanders- Practically perfect in every way!

by Anonymousreply 57April 9, 2016 2:10 AM

A regular Betsy Ross

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 9, 2016 2:10 AM

She loves her some Henry K

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 9, 2016 2:11 AM

[quote]Which of her Senate votes were paid for? During her years in the Senate, Clinton's and Sanders' votes were identical 93% of the time

Duh! The other 7%.

by Anonymousreply 60April 9, 2016 2:12 AM

Henry K was her mentor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 9, 2016 2:12 AM

[quote]She's losing Latinos by 30%

R53, Hillary is leading with Latinos, although her lead has narrowed.

by Anonymousreply 62April 9, 2016 2:12 AM

Henry K was her mentor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 9, 2016 2:13 AM

Weapons dealer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 9, 2016 2:13 AM

[quote]Anyone else notice that the Hillbots hatred of Bernie on DL seems to rise in proportion to how well he's doing with the general public?

I thought of him as a harmless nuisance until the NY Daily News interview and the speech when he called Clinton "unqualified". I was shocked by the interview - never in a million years would I have expected such lack of information and knowledge on his part - and disgusted by the slimy way in which he and his team (his wife included) dealt with the fact that they were caught lying.

by Anonymousreply 65April 9, 2016 2:15 AM

Not according to Marist poll, Poll Troll R62: "Sanders also has a wide lead, about 30 points, over Clinton among Latino voters"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 9, 2016 2:15 AM

Her logos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 9, 2016 2:16 AM

Libyan Lives Matter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 9, 2016 2:18 AM

So authentic!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 9, 2016 2:19 AM

Yoga classes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 9, 2016 2:20 AM

Entitled

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 9, 2016 2:22 AM

Pope jokes already

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 9, 2016 2:23 AM

Why is the BernieBro spamming this thread? The Pope meme is especially funny considering he didn't actually invite Sanders and won't even be meeting with him.

by Anonymousreply 73April 9, 2016 2:31 AM

An atheist and a Pope walk into a bar room.....

by Anonymousreply 74April 9, 2016 2:32 AM

Most polling shows Hillary & Bernie very close among Latino voters.

The 30-point lead for Sanders in the one above seems at odds with all the others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 9, 2016 2:34 AM

To explain to you, in simple words and pictures, why he is gaining on her and why she is such a flawed candidate, R73

by Anonymousreply 76April 9, 2016 2:35 AM

And because this R73

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 9, 2016 2:36 AM

[quote] The Field Poll for California was conducted between March 24 & April 4, so it was completed before the Daily News interview, and before the recent Sanders controversy that "Hillary is not qualified" to be President. Perhaps we will see a new poll next week for California (& New York) that measures whether Sanders has a lost any momentum as a result of this week's events.

The problem is that the Slandernistas -- like the Trump supporters -- don't really care about any of that. La la la la la. He may be a lunatic, but he's their lunatic, and the facts be damned.

by Anonymousreply 78April 9, 2016 2:53 AM

Someone sounds VERY worried.

by Anonymousreply 79April 9, 2016 4:19 AM

Millions of voters want something very different from the past 12 years. George Bush got us into the war, and Obama was too far to the left. People are looking for something beyond politics as usual. So, there's an extreme on the Democrat side, and an extreme on the Republican side, both of whom are doing well. No surprise. Except to pundits and other people who have been ignoring middle class Americans.

by Anonymousreply 80April 9, 2016 4:24 AM

The vetting on that old fossil is just beginning.

Tax returns please. It won't matter by the June when California votes. She will be the nominee by then. After tomorrow, all he has is Oregon in over a month!

Unqualified? More like unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 81April 9, 2016 4:37 AM

Ah yes. By the June.... that time every four years when California votes. I remember it fondly... But the June.

by Anonymousreply 82April 9, 2016 4:43 AM

^ By the June (not But the June).

I hate autocorrect to deeply.

by Anonymousreply 83April 9, 2016 4:45 AM

^so deeply

It's really messing with me now.

by Anonymousreply 84April 9, 2016 4:45 AM

That spell check is doing a number tonight!

by Anonymousreply 85April 9, 2016 4:54 AM

I just know it thatl HILLARY will WIN CA no matter what!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 9, 2016 4:58 AM

It is so funny to see the Freepers and Kochpuppets masquerading as Sanders spin doctors.

Jesus could part the clouds, descend from Heaven and say,"This is Hillary, with whom I am well pleased," and Bernistas would call her elitist...

by Anonymousreply 87April 9, 2016 5:05 AM

I love that the Bernbros are so politically naive that they don't even understand the simple fact that polling ALWAYS narrows as it gets closer to primary day. I also love how they act like no one in the country had any idea who Bernie Sanders was before they discovered him. He's been a fixture on liberal radio stations for 20 years, morons.

by Anonymousreply 88April 9, 2016 5:10 AM

[quote] Most polling shows Hillary & Bernie very close among Latino voters. The 30-point lead for Sanders in the one above seems at odds with all the others.

Outlier:

In statistics, an outlier is an observation point that is distant from other observations. An outlier may be due to variability in the measurement or it may indicate experimental error; the latter are sometimes excluded from the data set.

by Anonymousreply 89April 9, 2016 5:14 AM

You're sweet, R85.

by Anonymousreply 90April 9, 2016 5:18 AM

A larger poll that concluded on the day before had Hillary ahead by 14 points.

But hey, let's assume Bennie sweeps California, the nations most populous state. In fact, let's assume NO ONE in California votes for Hillary. Even then she's still ahead 300 delegates.

Is the end still unclear to anyone? Hillary won this on Super Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 91April 9, 2016 5:19 AM

Bennie lol!

by Anonymousreply 92April 9, 2016 5:20 AM

R91 I agree...we know that...but the story goes on with all of these fuckers!

by Anonymousreply 93April 9, 2016 5:51 AM

Hillary will WIN CA by 5-9 points!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 9, 2016 6:10 AM

Yes, Bernie is gaining on Clinton, and to win the nomination he would have to win the next 49 states.

by Anonymousreply 95April 9, 2016 10:25 AM

It's all a vast, right-wing conspiracy against me!

by Anonymousreply 96April 9, 2016 11:05 AM

[quote]Obama was too far to the left

Really???

by Anonymousreply 97April 9, 2016 11:11 AM

So fucking bored with this and the Berniebots.

by Anonymousreply 98April 9, 2016 11:12 AM

One more month till Hillary reaches the unassailable number of delegates.

She will clinch the nomination and millions of white male sphincters will clinch in response.

It's not her first time at the Rodeo, boys.

Get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 99April 9, 2016 5:36 PM

well bernbots this poll has more recent margins than the field poll indicating a different result

[quote] In the Democratic presidential race in California, Hillary Clinton leads Bernie Sanders 53 percent to 39 percent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 9, 2016 5:48 PM

Tres tiresome. We will win the primary. We will be crowned at the convention. We will be beheaded in November. C'est la vie et mort.

by Anonymousreply 101April 9, 2016 6:04 PM

Qu'ils mangent du jambon!

r101

by Anonymousreply 102April 9, 2016 6:07 PM

R54 = idiot.

She's a solid democrat:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 9, 2016 7:00 PM

[quote] Is California winner take all? No. Essentially splitting the delegates is not enough! Do u need thread for every new poll?

Now the Hillary fanatics have turned on the Poll Troll. Watch out. These days, the mere act of posting a link to a poll is likely to get you labeled by the Hillary fanatics as the spawn of Satan.

by Anonymousreply 104April 9, 2016 7:11 PM

[quote]These days, the mere act of posting a link to a poll is likely to get you labeled by the Hillary fanatics as the spawn of Satan.

You are basing that on one poster's opinion out of 100 replies?

by Anonymousreply 105April 9, 2016 7:16 PM

[quote] You are basing that on one poster's opinion out of 100 replies?

No, I'm basing it on a pattern that is emerging in all of the Hillary/Bernie threads. It's not the first time that someone has posted a link to a poll and been ripped to shreds by the Hillary fanatics for doing so.

by Anonymousreply 106April 9, 2016 7:21 PM

And yes. The latest poll linked @ r100 shows Clinton regaining. Her strong margins over Sanders.

Note this polls date range are more recent than the SF field poll.

The vetting of Sanders is just now beginning and will have impact.

by Anonymousreply 107April 9, 2016 7:22 PM

I so hope he gets the nomination!

by Anonymousreply 108April 9, 2016 7:30 PM

[quote] No, I'm basing it on a pattern that is emerging in all of the Hillary/Bernie threads. It's not the first time that someone has posted a link to a poll and been ripped to shreds by the Hillary fanatics for doing so.

How many times do you think it has happened? If you say it's systematic, it must be quite frequent.

by Anonymousreply 109April 9, 2016 7:30 PM

I'm a die-hard Clintonian and I've been offering to smoke the Poll Troll's pole for years. His polls/posts are always above-board and trustworthy.

Keep bringing us the polls, baby, we love 'em (and you).

by Anonymousreply 110April 9, 2016 7:32 PM

[quote] And yes. The latest poll linked @ [R100] shows Clinton regaining. Her strong margins over Sanders. Note this polls date range are more recent than the SF field poll.

No, the SurveyUSA poll was conducted 3/30-4/3. The Field Poll was conducted 3/24-4/4. The SurveyUSA poll is not more recent. But yes, things could change. We'll have to wait and see what next week's polls show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111April 9, 2016 7:39 PM

I try to remain objective by posting both good & bad polls for all the candidates.

I have my own personal views, but usually try to keep them to myself so that they don't interfere with reporting the polls.

As for the California polling, the Field Poll is usually considered a reliable California pollster. It has a pretty good track record.

But it's also possible that one of the other pollsters could be right, too.

by Anonymousreply 112April 9, 2016 7:42 PM

[quote] How many times do you think it has happened? If you say it's systematic, it must be quite frequent.

Well, it's happened twice to me alone in the past few days. I was called a clueless BernieBro just for linking to a poll showing a dead heat nationally between Hillary and Bernie. And I never used the word "systematic." I used the word "pattern." I didn't say it was frequent. But it certainly isn't isolated.

by Anonymousreply 113April 9, 2016 7:49 PM

[quote]Well, it's happened twice to me alone in the past few days. I was called a clueless BernieBro just for linking to a poll showing a dead heat nationally between Hillary and Bernie. And I never used the word "systematic." I used the word "pattern." I didn't say it was frequent. But it certainly isn't isolated.

I blocked a couple of BernieBros or repubs for overusing the word 'cunt' (when talking about Clinton), and all of a sudden those kinds of posts disappeared entirelly. It's very likely, R113, that those comments you came across are from one or two people. Since hundreds of people post here every day, I'd say that's not so bad.

by Anonymousreply 114April 9, 2016 7:54 PM

The survey poll IS more recent in that it BEGAN a week or so after the field poll. Meaning if the trend is away from a sanders uptick, the earliest polling on the field poll would show stronger Sanders support that wanes at the end of poll but averaged out gives sanders a closer lead.

Would have to see all data to tell but in polls you look at trends as much as percentages

by Anonymousreply 115April 9, 2016 8:17 PM

But the general polling trend, both at the state level and Nationally, has been a narrowing of the race between Clinton & Sanders.

However, Sanders is coming off what has been one of the roughest weeks of his campaign, and he has just been named as having the 'Worst Week in Washington' by a couple of publications.

So it will be interesting to see whether the Sanders momentum is stalled in the next series of polling that takes places entirely after this week.

by Anonymousreply 116April 9, 2016 8:22 PM

Bernie's tally is higher than reported.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 9, 2016 8:31 PM

So many republican trolls, one dumber than the next...

by Anonymousreply 118April 9, 2016 8:38 PM

to the LA poster upstream, bernie's campaign is very different than those in the past. one of the reasons that you may haven't seen campaign signs is that the bernie campaign concentrates on their canvassing efforts.

unless you go to to his local campaign HQ, it is hard to get signs and flyers. volunteers are pretty much designing, printing and handing out their own flyers.

The Reddit local bernie forums actually update faster than bernie's website to find events and volunteer opportunities. people upload their flyer and poster designs that people can print out.

there is a big block party at bernie's harlem HQ going on all day but it is raining now.

There is a big push for his rally at Washington Square Park on Wed, Feb 13 at 6 pm.

Bernie was in Central Park yesterday with his security staff. Perhaps there will be an event scheduled there soon.

California Reddit people are communicating with NYC Reddit people about their campaign efforts.

Bernie's got a lot of support and Hillary and her people are freaking out.

by Anonymousreply 119April 9, 2016 8:39 PM

The only Trump supporters to whom I have talked o Manhattan streets are foreign; Mexican and Russian.

It seemed really strange to me considering his stance on immigration but then I read some comments of Trump supporters in our street tabloids. They are afraid of losing their jobs to the new influx of immigrants coming in through the Texas & AZ borders.

Trump also appeals to the Orthodox Jews and other Jews who don't like Muslims and think Trump will get Muslims kicked out or stopped from entering the US.

by Anonymousreply 120April 9, 2016 8:43 PM

typo: on Manhattan streets

by Anonymousreply 121April 9, 2016 8:45 PM

That's because you are a moron, R113. You're whining all over these threads.

by Anonymousreply 122April 9, 2016 8:51 PM

As long as DNC folks are counting the votes, Hillary will win California and NY just like she won Iowa. Doesnt matter if she has the most votes or not. Young folks will be told to leave the lines. It has been happening since election season started.

by Anonymousreply 123April 9, 2016 9:16 PM

Bernie bots rally in Coney Island tomorrow. I hope there's a tsunami to clear their brains out.

by Anonymousreply 124April 9, 2016 9:17 PM

bernie just won wyoming!

by Anonymousreply 125April 9, 2016 9:42 PM

[quote] Bernie's got a lot of support and Hillary and her people are freaking out.

I'm curious about this. Can you elaborate? Do you mean Clinton supporters or her team? Where did the information come from?

by Anonymousreply 126April 9, 2016 9:42 PM

R123

there really will be a revolution if the DNC continues to rig the nomination in Hillary's favor.

voters are angry, especially college students who are being jerked around over their registration and inability to vote in the primary.

the political pundits and pollsters are truly underestimating bernie's power and appeal.

the Independents and Greens who support bernie are shut out in NY's primary from voting for him over hillary.

by Anonymousreply 127April 9, 2016 9:45 PM

College students are not being "jerked around."

They just can't understand why Twitter isn't sending their votes through.

by Anonymousreply 128April 9, 2016 9:46 PM

[quote] Hillary and her people are freaking out

I seriously doubt this is even remotely accurate. Why would they? The math and the calendar are on her side. This flight of fantasy that there will be a brokered Democratic convention is absurd. She will pick up a sufficient number of delegates before the primary season is over to secure the nomination. And, Sanders and his people can kiss goodbye any notion of "flipping" superdelegates -- especially after this week, when he (1) proved that his hasn't a clue as to how to accomplish the platform he is running on, and (2) said that Hillary was unqualified -- which he later walked back.

by Anonymousreply 129April 9, 2016 9:51 PM

That has more to do,with the young'uns not knowing how it all works, R127. There's a reason why Greens and independents can't vote in the NY primary. Even your god, Bernie, understood and switched his affiliation to democrat.

by Anonymousreply 130April 9, 2016 9:53 PM

cranky oldsters, stop putting the youngs down.

by Anonymousreply 131April 9, 2016 9:54 PM

R127, you can't possibly say they were created to help Clinton win the nomination since she lost to Obama in 2008 by those same rules (unlike Sanders she had the popular vote on her side). These rules were not created last year.

The way I see it, you want the rules changed to help Sanders, who is trailing Clinton by 2.5 million votes, win the nomination.

May people would say that a caucus does not reflect the will of the people, since it includes a much smaller proportion of voters.

by Anonymousreply 132April 9, 2016 9:54 PM

[quote] the Independents and Greens who support bernie are shut out in NY's primary from voting for him over hillary.

Oh, what a shame. Perhaps those restrictions are in place because it is the DEMOCRATIC Party's primary and is designed for DEMOCRATS to pick their nominee.

by Anonymousreply 133April 9, 2016 9:54 PM

Yes, the DNC is corrupt! Bernie and his supporters don't like the rules!

Then tell me again... why the fuck did Bernie decide to run within a corrupt party that he was never a part of before?

by Anonymousreply 134April 9, 2016 9:56 PM

[quote]Hillary and her people are freaking out

[quote]I seriously doubt this is even remotely accurate. Why would they?

I would like to give a chance to R119 to respond and give us some quotes or links.

R119, will you please respond?

by Anonymousreply 135April 9, 2016 9:57 PM

i would like to the see the unedited transcript of the NY Daily News interview w/ Bernie.

He most certainly knows his platform and has not been bought by billionaires like Hillary to mold her platform to conform with their agenda.

Hillary is a fracker!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 9, 2016 9:57 PM

Who fucking cares, Bernie Sanders is a cockroach trying to emulate Barack Obama. It's not working. He is no Barack Obama. He will not win the nomination He WILL support Hillary Clinton after the appropriate overtures are made. Hillary Clinton WILL win the presidency.

Mark MY words.

by Anonymousreply 137April 9, 2016 9:59 PM

Exactly R136! Bernie was tricked! And there are so many other interviews that show Bernie going in depth about what his plans and policies are!!!!

And yes, as Bernie knows, Fracking is BAD!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138April 9, 2016 9:59 PM

R137

You are right. Bernie is no Obama. Thank God Almighty!

Obama is owned by the banks just like Hillary. He threw away a chance at making things right.

by Anonymousreply 139April 9, 2016 10:01 PM

That was unedited, R136. The also released the audio and he sounds dumb.

by Anonymousreply 140April 9, 2016 10:02 PM

[quote]the Independents and Greens who support bernie are shut out in NY's primary from voting for him over hillary.

Lol. It's a Democratic primary, you idiot. Why should Green Party voters be allowed to vote in the primary for another political party?

Bernie supporters are really dumb.

by Anonymousreply 141April 9, 2016 10:02 PM

The audio was edited R140!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 142April 9, 2016 10:02 PM

The best part of all this will be watching the Hillbots have their little tantrums here when their special snowflake loses the general election to the Republican machine.

by Anonymousreply 143April 9, 2016 10:03 PM

R135

Links? I speak to voters on the street. am i supposed to be live-streaming and blogging for you?

get off your ass and do something.

by Anonymousreply 144April 9, 2016 10:04 PM

R136, you guys routinely tell the Clinton supporters that they never admit any of her flaws (I don't agree with that, but...). At the same time, EVERY Sanders blunder is someone else's fault. Why is that?

R140 is right, by the way.

Please, for once, come back and respond? (If I can say that there is one thing that Sanders supporters do really well is to avoid responding to reasonable requests for links and quotes. I find that cowardly.)

by Anonymousreply 145April 9, 2016 10:04 PM

link to "cowardly" please...

google for "hillary panic." can you handle it?

here. i did the first one for you. let me hold your hand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146April 9, 2016 10:08 PM

[quote] Links? I speak to voters on the street. am i supposed to be live-streaming and blogging for you?

I will vote in my primary. I have donated to the Clinton campaign several times. And if she needs help in California I will happily provide it.

As far as speaking to people on the street... do you really think that the people you talk to are the exact reflection of what the rest of the country feels or think? I do not.

by Anonymousreply 147April 9, 2016 10:08 PM

the closet kills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 9, 2016 10:10 PM

Well, Clinton has good taste, R148.

by Anonymousreply 149April 9, 2016 10:11 PM

R145...R140 is not correct. CNN got caught editing the transcript. The Daily News released UNEDITED transcripts and AUDIO.

by Anonymousreply 150April 9, 2016 10:11 PM

R141

well, dear. there are states that have open primaries. there are voters other than democrats who support bernie.

why should the corrupt debbie wasserman s. DNC hillary lovefest control the nomination?

the superdelegates were only enacted to keep a black man from winning the democratic nomination (Rev. Jesse Jackson). it is time to toss out archaic, corrupt procedural messes.

by Anonymousreply 151April 9, 2016 10:13 PM

Why bother worrying about Sanders at all? Or do you not know that the Hillary nomination is predetermined and secured by the superdelegates?

by Anonymousreply 152April 9, 2016 10:14 PM

R149

yeah but Weiner's weiner has been there.

by Anonymousreply 153April 9, 2016 10:14 PM

[R140] is not correct

I thought R140 was referring to the NY Daily News transcript. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 154April 9, 2016 10:14 PM

R151 your post makes perfect sense. Yes, why should the DNC control the process that handles the DEMOCRATIC candidate!

by Anonymousreply 155April 9, 2016 10:14 PM

[quote]the superdelegates were only enacted to keep a black man from winning the democratic nomination (Rev. Jesse Jackson). it is time to toss out archaic, corrupt procedural messes.

Preach! Who was it that was instrumental in creating that archaic, corrupt, procedural process again?

by Anonymousreply 156April 9, 2016 10:16 PM

[quote] it is time to toss out archaic, corrupt procedural messes.

It won't happen during this election. It would be, in fact, criminal to change the rules mid election to help out the candidate who is losing. Sorry, but I disagree with you on this one.

by Anonymousreply 157April 9, 2016 10:16 PM

r151, snowflake, yes there are states that have an open primary. NY is not one of them. You want to vote cross parties then I suggest you move to a state that has voting rules that are more to your liking.

by Anonymousreply 158April 9, 2016 10:18 PM

[quote]NY is not one of them. You want to vote cross parties then I suggest you move to a state that has voting rules that are more to your liking.

Or find a candidate that runs within his own party. Maybe that could be a solution?

by Anonymousreply 159April 9, 2016 10:20 PM

Wyoming results:

Clinton Delegates: 11

Sanders Delegates: 7

Total Delegates 18, all precincts counted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160April 9, 2016 10:39 PM

The interview in the Daily News didn't diminish his popularity in NY. He gets cheers everywhere he goes. He got a standing ovation at Hamilton. And he's getting big crowds at his rallies. Especially in the Bronx and Brooklyn. No one but the media cares particularly if she's here or not. I think Bernie's punch drunk. All that traveling, meetings, visits to the field offices, 2 to 3 rallies in a day, where he is expected to be high energy, the interviews, the conference calls, the debates, the secret service hovering at all times, the body man fussing over his tie or suit. Getting his hair just right:) It's punishing. On her as well. Sometimes she looks like she just wants to do a Rick Grimes and rip someone's throat out if they ask her one more fucking question about ANYTHING. Plus the tremendous tension within the campaigns. Look at how it is affecting Bill. He's as ornery, contentious, and downright cranky as Bernie on his worst day. And he can stay the fuck home.

by Anonymousreply 161April 9, 2016 10:40 PM

I think Bernie's win in Wyoming is a sign of things to come. It shows momentum.

by Anonymousreply 162April 9, 2016 10:44 PM

sorry. not leaving NYC. i love it.

i am not party loyal. why should i be when it is not loyal to me with corruption in albany and politicians who masquerade as progressives (like de Blasio) but are found to be owned by developers?

if bernie doesn't win the rigged democratic nomination, i think that there will be a mass exodus from the party.

it will be time to explore whether he can run in one of these parties:

1. Independent Party

2. Green Party (Jill Stein has not be nominated yet)

3. Peace and Freedom Party

4. Working Families Party (The NY party endorsed Bernie. i don't know about other states)

5. write-in candidate

by Anonymousreply 163April 9, 2016 10:45 PM

I'm sure nobody in New York likes Hillary or thought she did a good job. Since nobody voted to re-elect her after her first term as Senator there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164April 9, 2016 10:45 PM

Puerto Rico is a better harbinger of the country than Wyoming is.

by Anonymousreply 165April 9, 2016 10:48 PM

R161

Hillary berating the Greenpeace girl was a very stupid move that showed the real Hillary.

Bill Clinton is sabotaging his wife again (Black Lives matter tirade, etc). Can DL shrinks weigh in on why he does this at the most critical times? is it narcissism? competition?

by Anonymousreply 166April 9, 2016 10:48 PM

Hillary won more delegates in Wyoming than Bernie.

How is this described as "momentum for Bernie"?

by Anonymousreply 167April 9, 2016 10:50 PM

R164

unless you wanted to vote for republican spencer, there wasn't a choice.

by Anonymousreply 168April 9, 2016 10:50 PM

Such thin skin. I didn't write that no one liked her. It's just that she's old news in New York. Nothing exciting about her or her rallies. Unless you live in Harlem;) Bernie is the main attraction. He's a fucking rock star. And part of the reason is that he's a born and raised New Yorker. Home town Brooklyn boy makes good. Blah, blah. THIS SHIT is historic. Never going to see a candidate like him again. At least not in my life-time. Let him enjoy it. Let the people who like him enjoy it. What's the harm? She's got it in the bag, right?

by Anonymousreply 169April 9, 2016 10:56 PM

R163, your god, Bernie, abandoned you. He WAS an independent and SWITCHED to run as a democrat. Blame him for you not being able to cast your vote in New York. The rules in New York have not changed this year because Bernie is running. They are what they were in the last election, the election before that...yet YOU still made your choice to be an independent and Bernie made his to run as a democrat.

So stop with the waa waa waaing because your candidate is losing in a system that hasn't changed since HE decided to join it. He should have joined the republican clown car instead.

by Anonymousreply 170April 9, 2016 10:58 PM

R169. Sarah Palin was a rock star too.

by Anonymousreply 171April 9, 2016 10:59 PM

R170

i am a registered Democrat not Independent.

by Anonymousreply 172April 9, 2016 11:00 PM

Sandernistas are so tiresome.

He's a male Sarah Palin. Only worse, because he's been in government for decades and has nothing to show for it. Other than bad hair.

by Anonymousreply 173April 9, 2016 11:02 PM

If there were ever a candidate that is far, far away from the Republican platform, it is Bernie Sanders.

It is time for a current day FDR and Bernie Sanders is that candidate.

by Anonymousreply 174April 9, 2016 11:04 PM

[quote]Never going to see a candidate like him again. At least not in my life-time. Let him enjoy it.

Don't be so dramatic. That's exactly what people said about Obama.

Unless you are 75 years old and you may not live long enough to experience the next election.

by Anonymousreply 175April 9, 2016 11:05 PM

Sorry, R172, I thought you were R127. You whine just like her.

by Anonymousreply 176April 9, 2016 11:06 PM

R173

Don't embarrass yourself. Sanders is nothing like Sarah Palin.

i have posted this link before. read it if you dare. it sounds like you just want to keep robo-posting bullshit.

"Bernie Gets it Done."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177April 9, 2016 11:07 PM

You are right, R177. He is nothing like her. At least Palin dressed better and had better hair.

by Anonymousreply 178April 9, 2016 11:09 PM

" We resent being characterized as something so populist as a common cunt. "... Hillary the people's Cuntessa

by Anonymousreply 179April 9, 2016 11:10 PM

Since some of you think the primary is a beauty contest and about Bernie's unruly hair, check out Hillary's recent ragged looks on Meet the Press (the unborn persom fiasco).

We are seeing her without her perfectly coiffed wig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180April 9, 2016 11:12 PM

[quote]Don't embarrass yourself.

Pot compétition bouilloire, Sandernista!

[quote]Sanders is nothing like Sarah Palin.

But he is, Blanche!

[quote]read it if you dare.

I better before you double dog dare me!

[quote]"Bernie Gets it Done."

I'm sure to believe anything with such an illustrious title. Was "Bernie is so rad!" taken?

by Anonymousreply 181April 9, 2016 11:12 PM

Posted on the other thread, but this one seems to be more active.

My uncle is a big Clinton supporter in NYC. He told me today that Bernie is definitely drawing bigger crowds and getting more press than Hillary, but her team is assuming that many of those people turning out for his rallies either can't or won't vote in the primary.

Their real fear is upstate, where a couple of the unions have come out in favour of Sanders-- they do get the vote out and he has been doing well with white men in economically depressed areas.

by Anonymousreply 182April 9, 2016 11:13 PM

The problem is, R177, that his record pales when compared to the one of Elizabeth Warren. And whatever you may think of Clinton, she is also way ahead of Sanders is pushing for reforms and getting things done.

The other issue is in Sanders' character and his supposed inability to work WITH others. You can't go through life expecting people to agree with you all the time and dismissing those who don't. Life is about compromise. Maybe you are too young to know that.

by Anonymousreply 183April 9, 2016 11:14 PM

E180 Her hair is combed. No contest.

And speaking of cankles, how big do you think Jane Sanders are with those tree trunk legs? You could probably make another foot out of them.

by Anonymousreply 184April 9, 2016 11:14 PM

R183 Too many big words, dude!

You expect me to like talk back to that?

by Anonymousreply 185April 9, 2016 11:15 PM

Clinton supporter here.

Sanders is nothing like Palin.

But Jane must have mighty cankles.

by Anonymousreply 186April 9, 2016 11:15 PM

I get that people are pissed off at Wall Street greed. I get that they want a higher minimum wage. But what I don't get is all this phony anger out here.The Republicans are extemely negative. They've been angry for the past eight years. So what. But Bernie? Criticizing Obama? WTF. We have a stable economy, people are finding work, more people have healthcare, there's a lot to be happy about. This is something we can build on.

Obama brought us back from the brink of disaster. And he did it all in spite of the Republican majority in Congress. So if people want to articulate anger they need to focus on the fucking Republicans in the Senate and the House who have obstructed everything they could get away with. Hillary is running a positive campaign and talks about her plans and proposals. She sets her priorities.

But Bernie is just completely full of shit. No one is ever completely happy. We need a higher minimum wage. We have problems we need to address that the Repubican Congress has blocked. Things are not perfect by any means. But why agitate and focus on negativity and exploiit anger and dissatisfaction? Why not offer a blueprint for progress and offer hope. This anger is really disgusting to me and it is not justified.

by Anonymousreply 187April 9, 2016 11:15 PM

Why resort to name-calling and cankle-baiting?

As many have said before, politics is just Hollywood for ugly people.

by Anonymousreply 188April 9, 2016 11:16 PM

R182, ABC NY local news interviewed a bunch of BernieBots at one of his rallies. They said they have been following Bernie around from rally to rally. I would say his rallies also have a lot of groupies too.

by Anonymousreply 189April 9, 2016 11:17 PM

[qutoe]Why resort to name-calling and cankle-baiting?

Agree. Let's not stoop to the level of Berniebros.

by Anonymousreply 190April 9, 2016 11:18 PM

[quote]I think Bernie's win in Wyoming is a sign of things to come. It shows momentum.

I think it's a bit troubling for Sanders. I'm surprised it wasn't a blowout, considering it's a caucus in a western state. She even managed to win a few counties.

by Anonymousreply 191April 9, 2016 11:18 PM

But we won more DELEGATES! Which means we WON AGAIN! Do the math Berinbots! In November we will WIN by over 30 million SUPER DELEGATES! That's how our Madam Secretary Hilz rolls.

by Anonymousreply 192April 9, 2016 11:20 PM

And there were quite a few ties according to the NYT site.

by Anonymousreply 193April 9, 2016 11:21 PM

[quote]I think Bernie's win in Wyoming is a sign of things to come. It shows momentum.

I think the opposite is true. Everything was on his side; the fact that it was a caucus, that was a fairly white state; and yet they pretty much split the delegates.

by Anonymousreply 194April 9, 2016 11:21 PM

Because there are a lot of people who feel like no one is listening to them, R187

They feel like they are just holding it together, scraping by from paycheck to paycheck, even when the paycheck is what should be a sizable one-- the recession of '08 hit hard and a lot of people don't see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. Yes, Silicon Valley is booming and Wall Street is booming, but they are not getting raises and if they get laid off a new job is not easy to find-- we see many threads about that right here on DL.

They feel like everyone, in both parties, is acting like everything is alright, and it isn't, and they're scared and angry. They don't want to hear about "incremental change" and "keeping things as they are." They don't care about bringing Jesus back into politics and (outside the South) scapegoating gays-- we are not a problem for them, but immigrants are.

That's why you have Trump and Sanders-- people want someone to blow things up. It may not be a rational response, but it's how people feel.

by Anonymousreply 195April 9, 2016 11:25 PM

It wasn't the cakewalk for Bernie that was expected. Scroll down to the county map,and note the number of ties. Not sure how Wyoming decides ties, but other states use a coin toss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196April 9, 2016 11:27 PM

Shame on all the Clinton supporters for letting the Bern-bots get the best of them on here. So many of them are clearly trolling you and you are taking their bait and running with it.

I get that it's hard to be an online Clinton supporter, but you are just feeding the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 197April 9, 2016 11:28 PM

You are right, R197.

We are better than that. I do hate the Berniebro who posts several anti-Clinton threads every day, with outrageous thread titles. I wish we could ban posters like that. They do not bring anything to the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 198April 9, 2016 11:31 PM

Really R197? Says the person who wrote:

[quote]Wow! Mrs. Clinton certainly has the ElderGay vote sewn up, judging by the threads on DL.

Who do you think you're fooling?

by Anonymousreply 199April 9, 2016 11:32 PM

It's not hard to be an online Clinton supporter. She's the one that's actually winning.

by Anonymousreply 200April 9, 2016 11:33 PM

No one R199. That was my first impression when I was scrolling through the thread titles.

As I dove deeper into them, the trolling-and-response pattern became clearer.

Nice work though Sherlock.

by Anonymousreply 201April 9, 2016 11:33 PM

If you don't respond to those posts R198, then they sink down the scroll and no one sees them. But when people take the bait and get into shouting battles, they stay up top.

The thread about Hillary's world "collapsing around her" is a good example. Someone posted a link to a ridiculous article and the more people comment on it, the more people see it.

by Anonymousreply 202April 9, 2016 11:36 PM

Sanders got the electorate excited again. You should give him credit for doing that. Hillary Clinton is as exciting as watching a bucket of urine coagulate.

by Anonymousreply 203April 9, 2016 11:40 PM

R195, I'm not entirely convinced by that reasoning. It seems to me that the the bulk of people who are genuinely screwed by the system are trending towards Clinton. Certainly voters from former industrial areas seem very drawn to Sanders, but it's not a clean sweep. Clinton is winning because she's drawing a higher proportion of black and minority voters.

To my mind, Sanders is appealing to a large contingent of people who are in a more privileged position to embrace ideology over practicalities - primarily young, while and well-educated people who aren't (and likely will never be) below the poverty line.

by Anonymousreply 204April 9, 2016 11:41 PM

R204 - Sanders is actually appealing to white male blue collar voters, the same people Trump is reaching. They're the ones who feel abused by a system they spent so many years defending. They see the bosses getting richer and everyone else getting poorer. It's why communism and fascism were so popular in the 1930

Younger voters are turned off by Clinton because she's not someone who is comfortable putting hopes and dreams out there (she's way too practical) and so what they hear is "No We Can't"-- for instance, on universal health care, rather than saying that "we tried it and it's not going to work" she could have said she's willing to try it again, that she still believes in it and you know what, maybe we can get it passed this time. A little false hope goes a long way, so long as it sounds believable.

Millennials are responding to Sanders because he's talking about changing the world and they are an idealistic generation (their parents are Boomers) who want to change the world too.

by Anonymousreply 205April 9, 2016 11:49 PM

R181

I recognize you. Are you in a steno pool? You quote and dissect my every sentence in various threads. Do you do this with other poster? It must be so time-consuming for you.

by Anonymousreply 206April 9, 2016 11:52 PM

[quote](their parents are Boomers)

No that would most likely be their Grandparents.

by Anonymousreply 207April 9, 2016 11:53 PM

R204

You aren't seeing the NYC people who are supporting Bernie. They are all ages, colors, religions, economic status.

Many are broke due to the banksters stealing homes, savings, and murdering the world economy through their organized crime.

the only people in NYC who have money work in finance, or are doctors, dentists, lawyers. or tourists.

by Anonymousreply 208April 9, 2016 11:56 PM

[quote]Millennials are responding to Sanders because he's talking about changing the world and they are an idealistic generation

It's beyond being idealistic. Every generation, at least since the 60s, has been idealistic when they were young.

This generation seems far more satisfied with superficial ideology.

by Anonymousreply 209April 9, 2016 11:57 PM

R181

I made a typo. make sure you got that down. Correction: other posters?

by Anonymousreply 210April 9, 2016 11:58 PM

I just got back from a Clinton rally at Industry City in Brooklyn. It was well attended, but I'm horrible at estimating numbers. Mostly a young crowd. Some Latinos and a few blacks. Industry City is in Sunset Park which is a gentrifying Latino neighborhood. She got a nice introduction from Rep. Nydia Velazquez. Hillary mostly focused on domestic policy: immigration, the Dreamer Act, education, student loans, marriage equality, women's health rights, gun control. I was standing way back, but she was wearing yellow and she looked great. The crowd was very enthusiastic.

by Anonymousreply 211April 9, 2016 11:58 PM

Jane Sanders is overweight like many Americans. Hillary is overweight.

Jane is a real person. Hillary is bought and paid for by Wall St and billionaires. Why doesn't she release the transcripts from her Goldman Sachs speeches?

Is it because she promises a cabinet position to a Goldman Sachs bankster?

by Anonymousreply 212April 10, 2016 12:01 AM

Hillary talks gun control but takes money from the NRA.

by Anonymousreply 213April 10, 2016 12:03 AM

You're in danger of becoming a grumpy old man R209

They are no more or less idealistic than other generations. The main difference is that everything they say and do is public, thanks to social media and the interwebs.

by Anonymousreply 214April 10, 2016 12:05 AM

Free college is not idealistic, the fucking French have free college meanwhile, the leader of the Free World doesn't ...

by Anonymousreply 215April 10, 2016 12:09 AM

Why won't Bernie release his taxes R212? Is there something that he doesn't want the public to know?

by Anonymousreply 216April 10, 2016 12:10 AM

[quote] Why doesn't she release the transcripts from her Goldman Sachs speeches?

Why doesn't Bernie release his full tax returns, instead of the short two-page summaries? What is it that he doesn't want us to see?

by Anonymousreply 217April 10, 2016 12:10 AM

[quote]Jane is a real person. Hillary is bought and paid for by Wall St and billionaires. Why doesn't she release the transcripts from her Goldman Sachs speeches?

Hillary is paid by banks and Jane rips them off!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218April 10, 2016 12:14 AM

They're idealistic R215 in that they want a world that's better than the one we have today. That includes free college.

The Clinton team severely underestimated how her whole "No We Can't" messaging would sound to younger voters. And that's not Sanders propaganda, that's a real thing--younger voters are mostly turned off by her inability to articulate a vision of how her presidency would make things better. That's partly because of who she is-- she is a hardened realist, but also because her people did not push her to find one issue-- free college, universal health care, free national broadand-- something that sounded like "here's how things are going to get better" that they could grab onto.

by Anonymousreply 219April 10, 2016 12:16 AM

Sunset Park is Bernie territory. Nice try with the "I can't guess crowd size". Smorgasbord and the Brooklyn Flea are still at Industry Park until May. Many of those people probably had no idea she was going to be there. They were there to spend a rainy Saturday thrift shopping and eating. And when Smorgasbord and BF leave for greener streets in Dumbo and Williamsburg, Sunset will go back to being a mostly Latino and Chinese nabe with a few Norwegian-American stragglers and the entrenched refugees from twenty-plus years of being pushed out of affordable neighborhoods in every other part of Brooklyn. You would have better luck trying to gentrify Borough Park.

by Anonymousreply 220April 10, 2016 12:19 AM

"Jane Sanders is overweight like many Americans. Hillary is overweight."

Neither Jane or Hillary's weight has anything to do with who should be President.

"Jane is a real person."

What is Hillary, a mandroid?

"Hillary is bought and paid for by Wall St and billionaires. Why doesn't she release the transcripts from her Goldman Sachs speeches?"

Point to the votes she made that were "paid for by Wall Street." What are they?

Why doesn't she release the transcripts? Why doesn't Bernie release his taxes? Same reason. Because every single thing will be picked apart and propagandized. The difference is that no one else is being asked for speech transcripts, or producing them, and it is customary for all candidates in every election to release taxes. Didn't Bernie say he was going to release them a few primaries ago?

"Is it because she promises a cabinet position to a Goldman Sachs bankster?"

I don't know and neither do you. You are guessing based on no information.

What arguments do you actually have about why someone should vote for Hillary or not? She's not a human, she's overweight, she will take imaginary actions that haven't happened?

If you don't want to vote for Hillary, fine, but "she's a fat non-human" is not an argument.

by Anonymousreply 221April 10, 2016 12:23 AM

Americans don't like politicians to be too good looking or in shape. Trust me if Crossfit King Paul Ryan runs, his health consciousness will be cited as a turnoff by some voters.

by Anonymousreply 222April 10, 2016 12:25 AM

Oh no, you're wrong about that, R220. Sunset Park is going to be a very hot neighborhood. I would love to buy a place there as an investment, but there's not a lot available. I have a friend who is a real estate agent and he says many of the places get snatched up by Chinese buyers before they're even on the market. And I can't guess crowd size, sorry, bro! I guess you're a typical paranoid Bernie supporter.

by Anonymousreply 223April 10, 2016 12:27 AM

[quote]Didn't Bernie say he was going to release them a few primaries ago?

And he also said he already did!

by Anonymousreply 224April 10, 2016 12:28 AM

I doubt he takes a big charity write off. His knickname in Vermont was El Cheapo.

by Anonymousreply 225April 10, 2016 12:32 AM

R220

good lord! hillary's weight is the least of her problems and has zero do with why i will never vote for her.

there are people who attended hillary's goldman sachs speeches who say she sounded like a managing director of GS.

hillary needs to release the transcripts.

by Anonymousreply 226April 10, 2016 12:34 AM

[quote]there are people who attended hillary's goldman sachs speeches who say she sounded like a managing director of GS.

I'd be interested in hearing more about this. Links?

by Anonymousreply 227April 10, 2016 12:36 AM

Thanks R211.

What is your problem R220? Believe it or not Clinton has supporters. 2.5 million more than Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 228April 10, 2016 12:37 AM

R218 read your own link; mudslinging by a republican...

"In a statement, a spokesman for Senator Bernie Sanders called this nothing more than mud slinging in a presidential election year. 'This recycled, discredited garbage is the handiwork of Brady Toensing, the Vice Chairman of the Vermont Republican Party. These kinds of attacks on family members of candidates are one of the reasons why the American people are so disgusted with politics in America today,' the statement said."

Jane Sanders told them she had PLEDGES not SECURED DONATIONS.

"Channel 3 has previously reported that Sanders told the bank she had 'pledges' for more than two million dollars, not 'secured donations,' as Toensing calls them."

by Anonymousreply 229April 10, 2016 12:38 AM

Great response, R221.

by Anonymousreply 230April 10, 2016 12:38 AM

R227

i am not your damn secretary. google the links.

by Anonymousreply 231April 10, 2016 12:39 AM

I'dd be interested in seeing Sanders' tax returns too, r226/R227. Especially with the allegations of fraud hanging over his tax preparer's, I mean wife's, head.

by Anonymousreply 232April 10, 2016 12:40 AM

[quote] i am not your damn secretary. google the links.

It was a fair question. I would also like to know where you got the info.

by Anonymousreply 233April 10, 2016 12:41 AM

That's what I thought, R231. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 234April 10, 2016 12:42 AM

i am not your damn secretary. google the links = they don't exist

by Anonymousreply 235April 10, 2016 12:42 AM

I think the not qualified remark and NYTimes interview has done real damage for Sanders with older voters and women. I think he will still surprise though, and win alot of counties in NY State

by Anonymousreply 236April 10, 2016 12:44 AM

By not releasing the GS transcripts and by acting so defensively about them, she has made them into a much bigger issue than they deserve to be.

If she had just said "look, I signed a document saying I wouldn't release them" or "here they are-- they hired me, I didn't go to them, they wanted to tell their clients they had the former secretary of state at one of their dinners, so I was the one with the power here, pretty run of the mill speech"-- something to downplay them.

Instead, she stonewalls, says "no one else is ever asked to release their transcripts" and thus people conclude she does indeed have something to hide.

Again, like "No We Can't" it's another misstep from her campaign and Mook and Co. should know better.

by Anonymousreply 237April 10, 2016 12:44 AM

R237 just like it's suspicious that Sanders won't release his Taxes and his excuse is that he didn't prepare them and as far as he knows there's nothing to see! And he's been kinda busy!

by Anonymousreply 238April 10, 2016 12:47 AM

If Bernie wants to kill Hillary during the New York debate, he should peg her as the Big Money New Yorker-beholden to Wall Street and wealthy real estate developers ( a term worse than murderer for New Yorkers). He can also possibly win over black voters if he ties the Clinton HQ to the gentrification of Harlem.

by Anonymousreply 239April 10, 2016 12:47 AM

The problem is, R239, that Sanders has to show HOW have any of Clinton's decisions let to the problems you list. But he won't do that, won't he? He'll just say that everything wrong with NYC is Clinton's fault.

That is EXACTLY how Republicans play their game.

by Anonymousreply 240April 10, 2016 12:51 AM

let = led

by Anonymousreply 241April 10, 2016 12:51 AM

Actually it's not equivalent R237

Politicians not releasing their taxes is pretty common and while definitely shady, no one thinks Bernie is running an offshore gambling empire he forgot to mention.

The Goldman Sachs speeches are unique and seem shady on the surface to people unfamiliar with how companies like that operate, e.g. a goodly % of the voting public.

by Anonymousreply 242April 10, 2016 12:54 AM

[quote]Politicians not releasing their taxes is pretty common

It's common for Presidential candidates to not release their tax returns?

Okay then!

by Anonymousreply 243April 10, 2016 12:58 AM

I don't like Hillary or her faulty foreign policies one bit, but I am glad she's around to keep the looney Bernie supporters at bay.

by Anonymousreply 244April 10, 2016 1:00 AM

Yes R243, there were issues with Rubio and Trump not releasing theirs earlier this year. It's not the first time voters have heard that line of attack.

Goldman Sachs speeches on the other hand, are pretty unique

by Anonymousreply 245April 10, 2016 1:02 AM

R233

Google has been in operation for over 15 years.

you simply could have searched " Hillary Clinton Goldman Sachs managing director" and found multiple links.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246April 10, 2016 1:04 AM

Rubio did release his and there has been just as much questioning about why Trump hasn't released his. While you can say another candidate hasn't released theirs you cannot say that it is "common" for a Presidential hopeful to not release their tax returns.

by Anonymousreply 247April 10, 2016 1:05 AM

[quote]“It was mostly basic stuff, small talk, chit-chat,” one person who attended that speech said. “But in this environment, it could be made to look really bad.”

by Anonymousreply 248April 10, 2016 1:08 AM

Trump cannot release his tax returns because they show his dealings with the mob through the construction firm S&A Concrete.

Sorry to post anything from booger eating psycho, Ted Cruz, but he is the one who brought it up.

I have provided a link since there are so many big babies here who want people to wait on them. They can't seem to conduct Google by themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249April 10, 2016 1:11 AM

Why do all the Clinton supporters post in the same scripted voice and than less than 2 seconds later a "yes that is so true" "oh you are so right"response chimes in. Me thinks the Hillary Lounge is as unreal as a Potemkin Village.

by Anonymousreply 250April 10, 2016 1:19 AM

The vitriolic Hillary supporters that I have encountered in Manhattan remind me of Rosemarie on the Dick Van Dyke Show only anorexic and tanorexic. The raspy voice is the same.

The Morey Amsterdams always go for Bernie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251April 10, 2016 1:21 AM

The New Yorkers I know aren't as concerned about the big money wall street boogie man.

The only two that have not released their taxes in this race are Sanders and Trump. And both are coming across shady. In sanders case there are things to be concerned about. His wife's creative accounting and the massive deductions relative to income. So he MIGHT be running an offshore gambling outfit for all you know, R242.

by Anonymousreply 252April 10, 2016 1:22 AM

Google SHADY : DO YOU MEAN HILLARY CLINTON?

by Anonymousreply 253April 10, 2016 1:30 AM

There won't be a bombshell in Bernie's tax returns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254April 10, 2016 1:32 AM

Nope, shady applies to anyone who says there is nothing to see in his tax returns but won't let the public decide.

by Anonymousreply 255April 10, 2016 1:34 AM

The Goldman Sachs speeches are unique and seem shady on the surface to people unfamiliar with how companies like that operate, e.g. a goodly % of the voting public.

the goodly % of the voting public ?... thank god I've got super delegates to vote for me in November. R242

Right?

by Anonymousreply 256April 10, 2016 1:36 AM

R229, if you're referring to Mrs Sanders' loan documents for the college, banks don't take unsecured "pledges" as collateral. You either have collateral or you don't. I can't imagine anyone saying, people promise to give me money later, and a bank saying, well, a promise is just as good as having real money. In reality, she did not get the pledged amounts. Which is exactly why a bank wouldn't take her word for it. Especially when they knew it was a small college with not much money. The loan she wanted was more than they could ever pay back out of their operating funds, even in payments. Banks check on things like that before they give a loan.

I'm not R218, but I did look around about this a few weeks ago. The end result was that the college couldn't make loan payments and the Catholic diocese that owned the property lost a bunch of money in interest payments. Bottom line, they lost money. I don't see how you can dispute that, they know if they did or not. That must be why they're suing.

Jane Sanders has made some other dubious statements about this, like saying the college is fine now (never mind that the damage they suffered is her fault). She refuses to acknowledge responsibility and even refuses to admit she was forced to resign. She's not been honest. She lawyered up and won't discuss it. She has tried to blame others, when it's nobody's fault but her own. It doesn't surprise me that they're calling it a "Republican smear." The fact is, it happened and it damaged the college badly financially. Republicans didn't do that.

by Anonymousreply 257April 10, 2016 1:37 AM

While Hillary is no prize, Bernie has never really accomplished anything. I just do not get the appeal of Bernie. Yes he has a good message but no clue on how to execute his ideas.

by Anonymousreply 258April 10, 2016 1:38 AM

Shady might also be defined as earning $205,617, claiming$56,377 in itemized deductions, and paying$27,653 in taxes. That’s an effective tax rate of 13.4 percent.

by Anonymousreply 259April 10, 2016 1:39 AM

Rubio's tax returns would show his loans from the car dealer, deductions for foam parties, porn related expenses and that he deducts two families as dependents (mistress and love child plus his family with his wife).

by Anonymousreply 260April 10, 2016 1:39 AM

We are all just prisoners here, of our own device.

by Anonymousreply 261April 10, 2016 1:39 AM

R258

Bernie has accomplished a lot. He has served VT well and it is why 84% voted for him in the primary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262April 10, 2016 1:41 AM

We stab it with our steely knives but we just can't kill the beast.

by Anonymousreply 263April 10, 2016 1:43 AM

LMAO - yes Vermont is in terrific shape.

by Anonymousreply 264April 10, 2016 1:44 AM

Vermont is a poor state. Bernie has done a good job considering the difficult circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 265April 10, 2016 1:45 AM

[quote] Bernie has done a good job considering the difficult circumstances.

What does that mean? What is it that he has done specifically for Vermont that merits this accolade of "good job in difficult circumstances"?

by Anonymousreply 266April 10, 2016 1:58 AM

Doesn't Vermont have a high rate of heroin and fentanyl abuse?

by Anonymousreply 267April 10, 2016 2:00 AM

R266 I'm pretty sure he's done a lot of good like shipping off toxic waste to Texas maybe?

by Anonymousreply 268April 10, 2016 2:00 AM

Vermont is a lovely state, and Bernie will be back home to enjoy it very soon

by Anonymousreply 269April 10, 2016 2:01 AM

R266 read his websites and stop baiting.

what specifically has hillary done for new york exactly?

she is not even a new yorker. the clintons moved to westchester county so they they could mine the rich people up there.

they established the clinton foundation treasure chest in harlem to look all PC but then moved it to midtown.

bill looked for his own apt in the city so he could fuck around. our building was turned down by his security team because it has fire escapes.

by Anonymousreply 270April 10, 2016 2:04 AM

R270 read her website and stop baiting.

by Anonymousreply 271April 10, 2016 2:06 AM

Essentially, Clinton doesn't have a dick, and Bernie can't get his up. Tough choice for Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 272April 10, 2016 2:08 AM

R271

I was being facetious, tool.

by Anonymousreply 273April 10, 2016 2:09 AM

[quote]Bernie can't get his up

You're wrong

by Anonymousreply 274April 10, 2016 2:10 AM

[quote][R266] read his websites and stop baiting.

[quote]what specifically has hillary done for new york exactly?

Why don't you take your own advice and read about H. Clinton's accomplishments.

I mean really...

by Anonymousreply 275April 10, 2016 2:10 AM

She's more of a NYer than he is. He abandoned NY while she adopted it.

by Anonymousreply 276April 10, 2016 2:11 AM

R275 didn't you read.. he was being facetious!

No, really!

by Anonymousreply 277April 10, 2016 2:12 AM

R274 Susan would know. She's been sucking on that thing for months to keep it up.

by Anonymousreply 278April 10, 2016 2:13 AM

Don't forget about me, R278, and I do it better! Susan's a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 279April 10, 2016 2:15 AM

Let's not do that, R278.

by Anonymousreply 280April 10, 2016 2:17 AM

R275

come into the new age. lowercase is fine and accepted these days.

by Anonymousreply 281April 10, 2016 2:17 AM

r272, nice to see you've updated your she doesn't have a dick, and he's black meme.

by Anonymousreply 282April 10, 2016 2:20 AM

Do as you wish, R281. I am not your mommy.

by Anonymousreply 283April 10, 2016 2:21 AM

R276 has abandonment issues.

Hillary only came to NY for political reasons and MONEY.

Now her homely spawn has her eye set on the NYC council. Yet another Clinton being foist upon us.

by Anonymousreply 284April 10, 2016 2:22 AM

I accept it.

The fact is, Hillary should be running as a Republican, because her nor Bill have ever been Democrats. Now she would be a moderate Republican, something they need...moderate and intelligent.

I am a democrat so I really don't want to vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 285April 10, 2016 2:22 AM

R23 No you aren't, thank God. Now put your red pencil away.

by Anonymousreply 286April 10, 2016 2:23 AM

[quote]Hillary only came to NY for political reasons and MONEY.

Most people come to NYC for money and to make something of themselves. What is your point?

by Anonymousreply 287April 10, 2016 2:23 AM

R283

^^^^^^^^^ not R23

by Anonymousreply 288April 10, 2016 2:23 AM

[quote][R23] No you aren't, thank God.

We agree on that. Phew.

by Anonymousreply 289April 10, 2016 2:23 AM

Abandonment issues? No, I think Sanders is a hypocrite when he calls NY home. He left a long time ago. Whatever Clinton's motive was, she's still here.

by Anonymousreply 290April 10, 2016 2:25 AM

R287

Well, I would hope that most of us aren't crooks like the Clintons.

by Anonymousreply 291April 10, 2016 2:25 AM

R290 so lame.

Most people continue to think of their birthplace as their home or a home.

by Anonymousreply 292April 10, 2016 2:26 AM

[quote][R287]Well, I would hope that most of us aren't crooks like the Clintons.

Sorry you are poor, hon.

by Anonymousreply 293April 10, 2016 2:26 AM

r285, are you some Kochpuppet repeating that untruth?

How could she vote with Bernie 93% of the time and even remotely be considered a Republican.

The truth will set you free.

FDR would have been a billionaire by today's standard and HE was the greatest Democratic President of the 20th Century. Don't confuse being rich with being Republican.

Asshole

by Anonymousreply 294April 10, 2016 2:27 AM

R293 Are there actually rich people posting on DL? If there are, how do you live with yourself! :P

by Anonymousreply 295April 10, 2016 2:28 AM

Well, Bernie's wife, Jane, certainly is, R291.

by Anonymousreply 296April 10, 2016 2:29 AM

Paul Ryan's fitness wasn't the turnoff. It was those dorky barbell lifting photos. Wasn't he wearing a headband? It was like Staying Alive redux. The widow's peak didn't help either.

by Anonymousreply 297April 10, 2016 2:29 AM

After Wyoming's lame Caucus (they both got 7 delegates), the numbers are now:

HRC 1763 BS 1075 PS he got no superdelegates.

If he keeps up at this rate, he'll get the nomination on Inauguration Day!

by Anonymousreply 298April 10, 2016 2:35 AM

R293

Read all about how Wall Street wiped out everyone's wealth (except theirs).

Matt Taibbi and Bernie Sanders are just 2 of the people to bring awareness to Wall Street's crimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299April 10, 2016 2:36 AM

[quote]Bernie Sanders are just 2 of the people to bring awareness to Wall Street's crimes.

You nailed it. Sanders is the bring awareness candidate. Not the one who will make the changes necessary.

I will borrow this phrase from you use it from now on.

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 300April 10, 2016 2:38 AM

r298, all he has to do is win the next 45 states.

by Anonymousreply 301April 10, 2016 2:39 AM

R300

you are twisting it. Sanders brought awareness through his congressional hearings about Wall Street's crimes. it is where i first saw him in action and knew he must be president.

hillary is corrupt and has been bought by the wall street gangsters.

by Anonymousreply 302April 10, 2016 2:44 AM

it is like there are 2 hillary robo-posters and a handful of freeper nuts.

why can't we get trollbar back?

by Anonymousreply 303April 10, 2016 2:46 AM

trolldar

by Anonymousreply 304April 10, 2016 2:46 AM

R300 loves the corruption (Hillary).

by Anonymousreply 305April 10, 2016 2:49 AM

What is your definition of a robo-poster, R303? Cause using the poor man's trolldar shows you are pretty close to being one yourself.

by Anonymousreply 306April 10, 2016 2:50 AM

Debbie Wasserman Schultz @ R298,

Give us the pledged delegates count.

by Anonymousreply 307April 10, 2016 2:52 AM

You mean the one that has her 250 over him?

by Anonymousreply 308April 10, 2016 2:53 AM

R306 nah... i'm just trying to combat the lies about bernie.

pretty useless here anyway. hillary shrills aren't worth our time they tell us. it is true.

we are after the new voters, bernie supporters and undecided. i talk to those people as part of my volunteer efforts and it is inspiring.

the best conversation was with a chinese grandmother and black mathematician.

your bitterness and badgering won't stop me or the hundreds of thousands of bernie supporters.

by Anonymousreply 309April 10, 2016 2:55 AM

R309 Shift is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 310April 10, 2016 2:56 AM

R309, you may be too much of a delicate flower for DL.

Oh, and I haven't learned anything of substance from your posts.

by Anonymousreply 311April 10, 2016 3:01 AM

You ARE a robo-poster, r309, and as big a hypocrite as the candidate that you support. You are robo-posting to combat the lies about Bernie" yet anyone standing up for Clinton get labled a robo-poster by you.

You belong back on Reddit with the other low information voters.

by Anonymousreply 312April 10, 2016 3:03 AM

This is such a genius strategy.

Calling each other liars and robo-posters is sure to change hearts and minds on DL.

So is debating who has bigger cankles-- Hillary or Jane.

What a great strategy.

by Anonymousreply 313April 10, 2016 3:14 AM

It's not a strategy on my part, R313. I'm not on DL campaigning for anyone nor am I trying to change the hearts and minds of DL. But I do resent when someone openly admits to campaigning on DL and calls other posters robo-posters because they don't agree with her.

by Anonymousreply 314April 10, 2016 3:27 AM

So what do you hope to accomplish by calling him out on it? Making yourself feel better is a valid response, but I'm just curious

by Anonymousreply 315April 10, 2016 3:29 AM

Oh you Hillary angerballs!

I have been on DL since the days of Blue Agave.

I'm not in school. This is an internet forum --- i don't have to use shift all of the time.

Yesterday, I had a nice conversation with a ten yr old boy who was really bothered by the unfairness of the Superdelegate scheme. If even a child can see the unfairness, there's a big problem.

To the anal quote master, I say, I have not been enlightened by anything you have posted. I find you a dull contrarian.

by Anonymousreply 316April 10, 2016 3:30 AM

R314, I am talking about the "Poor me. I don't know how to Google... Link please" Troll.

It gets old.

by Anonymousreply 317April 10, 2016 3:31 AM

[quote]Yesterday, I had a nice conversation with a ten yr old boy who was really bothered by the unfairness of the Superdelegate scheme. If even a child can see the unfairness, there's a big problem.

Right on! It's totally unfair! Who was responsible for coming up with the Supderdelegate system? Whoever it is should not be trusted or hired by anyone! And I hate the Superdelegates. It's cheating. Someone should have told Bernie about this before he joined the DNC and ran under it's cheating rules.

by Anonymousreply 318April 10, 2016 3:34 AM

There is no campaigning. Only the sincere effort for the BernieBros to realize that Bernie will not be the Democratic candidate. But that's OK. They will have to come to that decision themselves and either support ALL Democrats or figure out which conspiracy meme they will espouse to vindicate their losing choice.

by Anonymousreply 319April 10, 2016 3:34 AM

[quote]Yesterday, I had a nice conversation with a ten yr old boy who was really bothered by the unfairness of the Superdelegate scheme. If even a child can see the unfairness, there's a big problem.

If the superdelegates were interested in giving their votes to Sanders you'd be saying it's the most democratic system in the world.

When Sanders catches up with Clinton in popular vote, then you can come here and bitch.

The fucking Bernie on a cross shit that some of you spew is unreal.

by Anonymousreply 320April 10, 2016 3:35 AM

r318, he has not joined the DNC, he has conscripted it. He remains a Social Democratic Independent from Vermont. The Super Delegates are mostly ex oficio delegates who are also elected Democratic public officials. They are not some random bunch of appointed DNC goons, contrary to some people's perceptions.

by Anonymousreply 321April 10, 2016 3:39 AM

Seriously, R315. Why don't we just say becaue I can and leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 322April 10, 2016 3:42 AM

But R321 it's corrupt! And someone should have told Bernie about them before he did the DNC a favor and ran under their party. Who created the Superdelegate system anyway? Whoever it was is a crook.

by Anonymousreply 323April 10, 2016 3:43 AM

Superdelegates sorry history...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324April 10, 2016 3:51 AM

Sometimes you don't know how deep the muck is until you take a step in it.

by Anonymousreply 325April 10, 2016 3:52 AM

[Quote] I have been on DL since the days of Blue Agave.

Fucking newbie.

by Anonymousreply 326April 10, 2016 3:53 AM

Hey Robo-bernie shill @r324 / R325, considering Superdelegates are a product of your man's right hand man, Tad Devine....if old man Bernie didn't know what he was getting into then he is even less smart han the Daily News transcript showed him to be.

by Anonymousreply 327April 10, 2016 3:59 AM

Or R327 it just makes him a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 328April 10, 2016 4:01 AM

ok, methuselah.

by Anonymousreply 329April 10, 2016 4:01 AM

This election cycle has been so crazy. I would not be surprised if a Communist Party candidate rises the ranks the next time around.

by Anonymousreply 330April 10, 2016 4:03 AM

I was an Obama fan last go around. I'm for Hillary now. She'll win the nomination. Bernie can't catch up. Hillary will win the Presidency as well. The mess on the Republican side is amazing to watch. Even today's news that Trump isn't getting any of his chosen delegates in state after state. They're headed for disaster.

by Anonymousreply 331April 10, 2016 4:13 AM

R331 exactly thank you someone other than myself that gets it...HILLARY will be POTUS enough said!

by Anonymousreply 332April 10, 2016 4:50 AM

Prediction: one day soon after the Republican convention Rancid Precum will announce a NATIONAL WRITE IN CAMPAIGN!

by Anonymousreply 333April 10, 2016 5:46 AM

Do the FUCKING Math fuckers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334April 10, 2016 5:56 AM

I honestly think that if Bernie, by some miraculous feat, won the nomination and the actual election he would be right on target with where his campaign wanted to go. He talks about a "political revolution" and since he has practically zero supporters in the house or the senate he would obviously get nothing done, I think he would start to complain to his young voters to protest (revolt), they would start to protest and they would try (most likely in vain) to over throw the "oppressive democracy" that prevents Sanders from enacting his socialist utopian plans. I feel like sanders thinks he's a reformer but he's just an annoying old fuck.

by Anonymousreply 335April 10, 2016 6:23 AM

If that were true r335, them possibly he could get them to flip the congress during a midterm.

Now that would be a revolution.

by Anonymousreply 336April 10, 2016 6:56 AM

Bernie claimed he would over-turn laws like North Carolina's anti-LGBT law.

This is what seriously bothers me about him. He HAS to know that Presidents have no such power... in which case he's both lying and pandering. Or maybe he doesn't really understand that the President has no such power... which is just fucking scary. Given the clueless answers he gave to some pretty straight-forward questions in that NYDailyNews interview, I can't discount this as a possibility. He's said equally clueless things when answering questions or making statements about other issues, like one about the Supreme Court just a month or two ago.

I really think he doesn't understand how things work. I really don't. And I'm hoping that more and more people start to see this cluelessness when it comes to actually DOING things, and back off supporting him for President. I mean, yeah, he's pretty good at pointing out the things that are bad and need changing (basically, he's a good complainer whose complaints are mostly on-target)... but when it comes to actually FIXING those issues, he's kind of at a loss. He makes sweeping statements that really just aren't feasible in the real world. Or he suggests things without even remotely considering the ramifications ore repercussions ...

In short, he fails to think things through. Sorta like how he read a bad/misleading/wrong headline the other day, and launched into Hillary over something she never said. We don't need a President who acts with knee-jerks and who never thinks things through or fails to read beyond the headline to see what's really going on... that's the LAST thing we need in fact.

I'm hoping the good people of California wake up from the euphoria of having a guy angrily shouting at the establishment, and recognize that the same person who is good at pointing out the problems isn't always the right person to fix them.

by Anonymousreply 337April 10, 2016 7:03 AM

r337, maybe they are. I knew a couple of Bernie supporters that in Feb. were hissing to me to feel the Bern and vigorously defending Sanders and in his corner determined to vote for him. Today not so much. Didn't even want to talk politics and I was not even rubbing in the Daily News bit, I sincerely wanted to know what they thought of a jewish man so enamored with our Pope. The were distancing themselves from him already.

by Anonymousreply 338April 10, 2016 7:44 AM

The difference between Bernie and Obama, the constitutional law scholar, is that if a voter or reporter asked Obama about the new anti-lgbt laws, Obama would calmly explain that these are states rights issues and the President can do nothing. Eventually this stuff will end up in the Supreme Court. Which means we need liberal justices.

I hope if anything comes out of this mess, somebody decides to put some money on civics classes. It's inexcusable that young people have no idea how the government works and no idea when they're been lied to. And if Bernie doesn't know how the government works after twenty five years in Congress, he's unfit for any office, period.

by Anonymousreply 339April 10, 2016 2:28 PM

Governorships and state legislatures are more powerful than the executive branch and Congress when it comes to domestic issues. It is a shame the public does not understand this. Most Americans can not even name the governors of their states.

by Anonymousreply 340April 10, 2016 5:05 PM

340, most high schoolers can't even name the vice president.

by Anonymousreply 341April 10, 2016 6:04 PM

That article is from January of this year, R146. Can you post anything more dated than that, please?

And one dated article hardly means Clinton is panicking. What a joke.

by Anonymousreply 342April 10, 2016 6:07 PM

Never gonna happen

by Anonymousreply 343April 10, 2016 6:23 PM

Kate McKinnon on SNL last night, skewering Her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344April 10, 2016 6:26 PM

r337, it doesn't matter to Millennials. They believe everything he says. EVERYTHING!

by Anonymousreply 345April 10, 2016 6:30 PM

It's true, R345. They even defend his lies and false statements.

by Anonymousreply 346April 10, 2016 6:34 PM

R346 and then they volunteer for his campaign and swarm the Internet like locus, spreading BernieBro propaganda. One admitted as much unthread to coming here to change the hearts and mind of DLers to vote for Bernie.

Gays can think for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 347April 10, 2016 6:50 PM

[quote] I live in San Diego, and I've seen about 50 Sanders bumper stickers and only 1 Hilary sticker so far this year. It seems like the Sanders supporters have more enthusiasm.

I would not dare putting a Clinton sticker on my car. I don't want my car keyed by some idiot Berniebro.

by Anonymousreply 348April 10, 2016 6:55 PM

Clinton supporters are the silent majority. They don't need bumper stickers or use of insults.

by Anonymousreply 349April 10, 2016 6:59 PM

Or worse R348. Be aggressively lectured on how Bernie is better.

by Anonymousreply 350April 10, 2016 7:00 PM

Lol... Kate did a good job of capturing Hillary's smarminess, vapidness and douchebaggery.

by Anonymousreply 351April 10, 2016 7:20 PM

Except even Kate supports Hillary

by Anonymousreply 352April 10, 2016 7:31 PM

I've seen more Obama stickers than I've seen Hillary or Sanders stickers in LA.

by Anonymousreply 353April 10, 2016 7:34 PM

R338 that is true of friends of ours as well!!!

by Anonymousreply 354April 10, 2016 7:42 PM

R353 not in NYC

by Anonymousreply 355April 10, 2016 7:43 PM

R345 scary but true...they are so stuck on his plan for tuition free education....IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN MILLENNIALS ~ SO WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 356April 10, 2016 7:44 PM

Lots of college kids in NYC, many of which are ineligible to vote. So things like bumper stickers, signs and rally attendance have little correlation to the election.

Look at other cities with lots of colleges. Bernie was holding plenty of packed, enthusiastic rallies that didn't reflect in the election results. He did well with caucuses and two open primaries. Not many of either going forward.

by Anonymousreply 357April 10, 2016 7:52 PM

I said the same a few days ago, R535. Glad you noticed it too.

by Anonymousreply 358April 10, 2016 7:53 PM

This is all you need to know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359April 10, 2016 10:14 PM

The photo from this article is as good a reason as any not to vote for Her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360April 10, 2016 10:16 PM

And this article from today's Daily News lists every reason not to vote for Bernie...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361April 10, 2016 10:19 PM

Kids don't read news papers. They don't care about the NYDN or the NYT or the pinnocchios Bernie got from the Washington Post.

by Anonymousreply 362April 10, 2016 10:23 PM

But show them a picture of Lens in a Hillary dress and you might as well put up a cross draped in garlic....

by Anonymousreply 363April 10, 2016 10:24 PM

Tuition-free college? Pipe dream!

by Anonymousreply 364April 10, 2016 10:25 PM

R362 not just kids ....who reads newspapers....nobody we know....we read and get our news online for the last 5 years or so!

by Anonymousreply 365April 10, 2016 10:26 PM

You realize the links posted above are to online news and not actual hardcopy news papers? Cause R362 and R365 seems to think those links are to hard copy papers.

by Anonymousreply 366April 10, 2016 10:30 PM

I hope the poster wasn't referring to me when they said that I came here to "win the hearts and minds" of DLers. How ridiculous.

Take a look at this video I found last night when looking for NYC political updates. Some of the titles really made me laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367April 11, 2016 12:07 AM

R342

Ah, yes. Hillary has lost 7 in a row out of the last 8 primaries. She is perfectly calm and not panicked. Eyeroll.

by Anonymousreply 368April 11, 2016 12:09 AM

Not worried at all, R368

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369April 11, 2016 12:11 AM

[quote]Ah, yes. Hillary has lost 7 in a row out of the last 8 primaries.

No, she didn't.

by Anonymousreply 370April 11, 2016 12:12 AM

primaries and/or caucuses. sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 371April 11, 2016 12:13 AM

When they need to resort to drawing distinctions like that R371, that's when you know they're in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 372April 11, 2016 12:15 AM

Just to address what R368 said, I really doubt that Hillary is that worried about it considering that she didn't seem so concerned since you know, she barely campaigned in any of those states.

And R372 if you don't think that there's a valid point in distinguishing between a caucus and a primary? Well then...

by Anonymousreply 373April 11, 2016 12:19 AM

What do you make of this? The RNC sounds just like the DNC...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374April 11, 2016 12:26 AM

Hillary is not worried because the road from here on out is rough for Bernie. And as the candidate who is losing in both the popular vote and delegates, he will eventually have to step aside and support her.

by Anonymousreply 375April 11, 2016 1:00 AM

R375 She would have to give him some sugar or else he might just go independent. He's never been much of a party man to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 376April 11, 2016 1:07 AM

Politico, which usually is quite pro-Clinton, dropped this bomb today.

If you squint really hard you can see where they edited out "OMFG How Big A Dyke Is She!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377April 11, 2016 1:10 AM

Bernie isn't losing. He's winning. The problem is the DNC machine that is steamrolling Bernie voters.

by Anonymousreply 378April 11, 2016 1:10 AM

No, R367, I was not referring to you. There was a poster upthread who said she was a Bernie volunteer who was here to refute the lies told about Bernie and to win the hearts and minds of those Hillary supporters and undecided. She also said people told her not to bother with DL.

So, in effect, she confirmed there are shills among us.

by Anonymousreply 379April 11, 2016 1:10 AM

Never been much of a party man? His whole career has been sitting on his fat ass writing amendments. And where are his tax returns? He doesn't want people to see his corporate ties and shady tax deductions. Fuck him

by Anonymousreply 380April 11, 2016 1:11 AM

She's just so horrible.

by Anonymousreply 381April 11, 2016 1:12 AM

Why would Sanders have to step aside and support Hillary? The whole point is fighting against the corruption of the Democratic Party, and Hillary is the poster child of that corruption.

by Anonymousreply 382April 11, 2016 1:13 AM

HillBots have gone from "I like Sanders but his ideas aren't practical" to "Fuck him and his drooling old-man, no-idea-having ass!" in no time flat.

Will not do Dems any good this fall to have that kind of division.

by Anonymousreply 383April 11, 2016 1:13 AM

Bernie is not winning, he is behind in delegates and popular vote

by Anonymousreply 384April 11, 2016 1:13 AM

R377 She would have my vote if she really is a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 385April 11, 2016 1:13 AM

Bernie has been on the dole his whole career, so please don't paint him as some revoltionary

by Anonymousreply 386April 11, 2016 1:14 AM

r367 is the robo-poster who accused everyone else as being a robo-poster. She is also Bernie campaign volunteer here to refute the lies.

by Anonymousreply 387April 11, 2016 1:26 AM

Is she getting paid $15/hour?

by Anonymousreply 388April 11, 2016 1:29 AM

"Ha! Good one! You know that $15/hout minimum wage is another one of Bernie's ideas I stole! I am whatever you want me to be, so on DL, I am a bitchy gay man. Bernie should die in a Mary Grease Fire!! Kill him! Kill him with Caftans!"

by Anonymousreply 389April 11, 2016 1:34 AM

No, moron at R389. Apparently, there's a lot you don't understand. First of all, because it has to be explained to you the $15/hour was in reference to Bernie soliciting people to go to Trump and Clinton rallies to protest and paying them $15/hour to do so. I'm not surprised that went over your head.

Second, Hillary has for years been in for a higher minimum wage and has been fighting for one at at the Federal level. I know, I know, you don't understand the difference between a state and a federal minimum wage and which is more practical and you know, has a better chance of actually passing.

by Anonymousreply 390April 11, 2016 1:38 AM

R389 should die in a grease fire! I love this place!!

by Anonymousreply 391April 11, 2016 1:40 AM

This is a new one. Love it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392April 11, 2016 1:42 AM

And a classic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393April 11, 2016 1:43 AM

Even more classic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394April 11, 2016 1:43 AM

I am so going after that Tweeter when I am elected. We are going to shut them down!!

by Anonymousreply 395April 11, 2016 1:44 AM

R379 You were referring to my post. That was me! I guess my post wasn't clear.

i said this:

[R306] nah... i'm just trying to combat the lies about bernie.

pretty useless here anyway. hillary shrills aren't worth our time they tell us. it is true.

we are after the new voters, bernie supporters and undecided. i talk to those people as part of my volunteer efforts and it is inspiring.

the best conversation was with a chinese grandmother and black mathematician.

your bitterness and badgering won't stop me or the hundreds of thousands of bernie supporters.

---------------

I have been on DL forever. I wasn't sent here by the Sanders campaign. LOL.

I was just reiterating what they announced at the Bernie Manhattan event about canvassing - don't argue with Hillary people. it is not worth the time and effort.

How that turned into "winning the hearts & minds" of datalounge, I cannot answer anything other than "The horror. The horror."

by Anonymousreply 396April 11, 2016 2:05 AM

shit. forgot to format my quote.

by Anonymousreply 397April 11, 2016 2:05 AM

I Don't think of the states Hillary has lost, many of them will be voting Denocratic in the general. Utah? Wyoming? Alaska? Now Wisconsin & Hawaii and Michigan are Blue but the rest are not.

by Anonymousreply 398April 11, 2016 2:05 AM

I meant talking to people on the street NOT datalounge. Everyone here knows DLers are prickly bastards & bitches. LOL

by Anonymousreply 399April 11, 2016 2:08 AM

Bernie and Bernie supporters lie about Hillary nonstop.

by Anonymousreply 400April 11, 2016 2:10 AM

I think Sanders will be VP.

by Anonymousreply 401April 11, 2016 2:12 AM

New poll today shows Hillary up in NY by 16.

R399, You are splitting hairs. It's quite obvious from your posts that your volunteering extends to DL..

by Anonymousreply 402April 11, 2016 2:13 AM

Sanders will not be VP.

He'll go back to the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 403April 11, 2016 2:14 AM

HIllary is going to be President.

There. I said it.

by Anonymousreply 404April 11, 2016 2:14 AM

R402 as much as your post are campaigning for Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 405April 11, 2016 2:17 AM

posts.

by Anonymousreply 406April 11, 2016 2:18 AM

I'm not a campaign volunteer. I just like to fuck with BernieBots on DL. The snowflake is an admitted Bernie volunteer..

by Anonymousreply 407April 11, 2016 2:20 AM

Then you are a psycho R407

Feel bigger now, little man?

by Anonymousreply 408April 11, 2016 2:23 AM

HILLARY will be POTUS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409April 11, 2016 2:24 AM

Someone posted this on the other thread. It is worth the read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410April 11, 2016 2:24 AM

Hillary cannot and will not win the general election.

by Anonymousreply 411April 11, 2016 2:28 AM

You're wrong, r411. So wrong.

by Anonymousreply 412April 11, 2016 2:28 AM

R412 ssssh. They believe if they say it enough it will become true.

by Anonymousreply 413April 11, 2016 2:30 AM

Bernie cannot win the nomination. Wyoming pretty much sealed it. He went BACKWARDS in delegates... the gap got wider (Hillary took 11 to his 7).

Hillary will win NY, PA, and CA. And there's no math that allows him to win the nomination. In fact, if he were to win EVERY SINGLE STATE LEFT by ten whole points (20-30 point swings), he'd STILL lose.

by Anonymousreply 414April 11, 2016 2:31 AM

I feel just great, R408. Thanks for asking!

by Anonymousreply 415April 11, 2016 2:32 AM

Sanders is toast.

Nate Silver is nearly always correct. Here's his current take.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416April 11, 2016 2:34 AM

Rr10, and someone also posted this article from today. It is also worth reading.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417April 11, 2016 2:35 AM

Sanders will be a bellboy at the White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418April 11, 2016 2:43 AM

Jane will be busy in the White House kitchen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419April 11, 2016 2:47 AM

Nate Silver said Trump didn't have a chance.

by Anonymousreply 420April 11, 2016 2:47 AM

Bernie won Wyoming and still lost delegates. He's truly one step forward two steps back.

I still don't get the appeal of Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 421April 11, 2016 2:54 AM

R421 let me sum it up for you:

Breakup the banks! Free college! Revolution! Not Hillary!

by Anonymousreply 422April 11, 2016 2:58 AM

It's not free college. Taxes will go up and then this doesn't pass congress.

I'm not conservative and a states right person by any means but let the states handle their public colleges.

by Anonymousreply 423April 11, 2016 3:02 AM

What does semi-open primary mean?

Because NY, PA and MD are all closed and no win for Sanders

His only wins are open primaries and caucuses. But I need to know what semi is about. And I live in California. No one is telling me anything. I see no advertisements, lawn signs or bumper stickers for anyone. No one gives a damn yet.

by Anonymousreply 424April 11, 2016 3:04 AM

Semi-Closed Primaries In a semi-closed primary, unaffiliated voters may choose which party primary to vote in, while voters registered with a party may only vote in that party's primary. Representing a middle ground between the exclusion of independent voters in a closed primary and the free-for-all of open primaries, the semi-closed primary eliminates concerns about voters registered in other parties from "raiding" another party's nominating contest.

People who align with a given party may theoretically still vote in another party's primary if they are registered as independent. The potential for such tactical party registration is also present in the strictest of closed primaries.

by Anonymousreply 425April 11, 2016 3:07 AM

R420, do yo realize that you make up over 20% of all posts on this thread. I'm not the psycho...you are.

by Anonymousreply 426April 11, 2016 3:08 AM

California has semi-closed primaries, R424.

by Anonymousreply 427April 11, 2016 3:10 AM

R401, if you're interested, Google around and see how previous presidential candidates picked their VPs. Then you'll know Bernie has less chance of being VP than you do.

Hillary is identified with New York. Bernie is identified with Vermont. Presidential candidates never pick a running mate from the same part of the country. The point of VP, besides being the constitutional spare, is to fill in the holes as far as the weaknesses of the Presidential candidate. So, if the Presidential candidate is from the East, the VP will be from the West.

If the Presidential candidate is young and inexperienced, like Obama, the VP is older and experienced, like Biden. If the Presidential Candidate is a governor, the VP will be from Congress. If the President is not a lawyer, the VP will be. If the Presidential candidate is a draft dodger, the VP will have served honorably (Clinton and Gore). If they're from the northeast, the VP will be from the west (JFK and LBJ).

Hillary and Bernie are too alike in many ways. Both older, both white, both from Congress, both from the northeast. Hillary will have to compensate for her weaknesses by picking someone who is: young; brings enthusiasm; male because she is female and that's too much change for some people; able to run for President in their own right when her term(s) are over.

Ideally, an inoffensive, white-ish minority (Mexican-American), but if she thinks that's too controversial and is trying to pry away some non-Trump Republicans, she might go for a white, handsome young guy. Cute young family, pretty wife. Whether the VP is white or other, they will have to be charming and photogenic to make up for Bill and Chelsea. Somebody known as very sincere and personally liked. All these compensate for her weaknesses. It has to be someone who can run in 2020 or 2024, so heavily vetted. (Bernie would be 79 in 2020).

She needs to put a future potential Presidential candidate in the State Department, and campaign like mad for Democrats in Congress in 2016 and 2018. I'm sure she will, she understands what's at stake.

by Anonymousreply 428April 11, 2016 3:10 AM

More info at the link R424:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429April 11, 2016 3:12 AM

Sorry, R424, I think that links to the Republican primary schedule!

by Anonymousreply 430April 11, 2016 3:15 AM

I don't want Bernis as VP. He is senile and should not be in the White House

by Anonymousreply 431April 11, 2016 3:17 AM

Hillary will win NY, PA, and CA. And there's no math that allows him to win the nomination. In fact, if he were to win EVERY SINGLE STATE LEFT by ten whole points (20-30 point swings), he'd STILL lose. She will also WIN Maryland, NJ and Puerto Rico!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432April 11, 2016 3:17 AM

Dem primary schedule:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433April 11, 2016 3:19 AM

God, that pic of Debbie at R432 is frightening! It should have been posted with a NSFW warning. Now, I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

by Anonymousreply 434April 11, 2016 3:28 AM

r428 - your post is wrong. Gore and Clinton were from the same part of the country. Gore did serve in the US Army. His service has never been used to forward his own career. (It was used unsuccessfully to forward his father's.)

Which of your categories did Cheney bring to the ticket? He only military record was five deferments and Bush's record was suspect. Neither were attorneys. You can argue they were from different parts of the country - but Cheney's residency brought nothing to the ticket.

There are hundreds of reasons you pick a VP.

In my opinion the best thing HRC could do right now is make peace with Sanders. If that means the VP slot - then so be it.

My own hunch is behind closed doors the Republican Party is working very hard to get Kasich or Ryan to be the nominee. Remember right now Kasich is the only Republican who consistently beats Clinton in national polls. If a brokered Republican convention means a moderate emerges as the candidate. Good luck to the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 435April 11, 2016 3:29 AM

R432 - read some history. Carter was 700 delegates ahead of Kennedy in 1980. But have no doubt the primary season and convention killed his chances of winning.

by Anonymousreply 436April 11, 2016 3:32 AM

[quote] In my opinion the best thing HRC could do right now is make peace with Sanders. If that means the VP slot - then so be it.

Sanders is thought of as someone who is not a team player. He is not VP material.

by Anonymousreply 437April 11, 2016 3:35 AM

Why would you say that R437?

If he wasn't a team player why would he have so many endorsements from his fellow Senators?

by Anonymousreply 438April 11, 2016 3:37 AM

You did read the part where I said HRC needs to make peace?

by Anonymousreply 439April 11, 2016 3:47 AM

True, but Sanders has to make peace as well, the way Clinton made peace with Obama in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 440April 11, 2016 3:49 AM

Why on earth would Hillary choose Bernie when he has been using the desperate loser strategy of saying she is unqualified?

by Anonymousreply 441April 11, 2016 3:54 AM

Bush was able to break some rules because his daddy was President. Bush picked up a lot of staffers from Poppy's reign. He was trying to give the impression that he was a surrounded by expert, steady hands from his dad's administration. Bushes are very loyal and insular people.

The point of Cheney was that Bush was a Texas governor that didn't seem too smart. He was a privileged daddy's boy. People back then were actually naive enough to think that Cheney's relationship with Poppy meant that he was a reliable, expert guide for junior. He was supposed to be the Republican Joe Biden to W's Obama, a young guy without much experience.

Gore was compensating for Bill's crap family life. The Gotes were a happily married, wholesome couple with goodlooking kids. He was very respectable. Bill wasn't. He was also the sort of person that was going to be eligible to run for President after Clinton had his two turns.

by Anonymousreply 442April 11, 2016 3:54 AM

r436, your comparison make no sense. Carter won the nomination. It was a second term challenge to a sitting President.

A lesson to us all TO SUPPORT A SITTING PRESIDENT. Remember this in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 443April 11, 2016 3:56 AM

R442 - exactly you are making my point. There are hundreds of reasons to select a VP not the short list you provided.

R433 - read some history. Kennedy, the 1980 primary season and the convention doomed Carter. It had nothing to do with him being a second term president. It was the internal strife within his own party that caused the problem. Just like what might happen in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 444April 11, 2016 4:02 AM

I think Joaquin Castro is a good VP pick... a great guy, and puts Texas in play.

by Anonymousreply 445April 11, 2016 4:05 AM

But R445... don't we want someone attractive?

by Anonymousreply 446April 11, 2016 4:07 AM

R446, Castro has a nice smile and a friendly, outgoing demeanor. He's like a puppy dog. That's a good counterbalance to Hillary's reserved, nerdy manner.

by Anonymousreply 447April 11, 2016 4:10 AM

I have to agree with R444. I was still a kid then, but studied that election in college and have been talking to older friends and relatives about it lately and there are a lot of similarities to 2016.

People didn't feel good about Carter and Kennedy did not throw his full support behind him.

People were freaked out by Reagan and thought he'd start a nuclear war with Russia but they voted for his "Morning In America" message over Carter's pragmatic "No We Can't"

On the other hand, Reagan came off as a kindly old grandpa whereas Trump does not. So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 448April 11, 2016 4:13 AM

R445 R447 I believe you mean Julian Castro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449April 11, 2016 4:20 AM

I'm more fascinated by who Trump will choose.

Who will say "yes" to him?

Will the GOP try and force an establishment guy on him, maybe even Kasich? A Trump-Kasich ticket would be a lot stronger than Trump-Palin or Trump-Omarosa.

by Anonymousreply 450April 11, 2016 4:23 AM

I doubt Kasich would run with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 451April 11, 2016 4:29 AM

[quote]I'm more fascinated by who Trump will choose. Who will say "yes" to him?

Why, isn't it obvious? Eric or Don, Jr!

by Anonymousreply 452April 11, 2016 4:29 AM

As I think about it, they might give it to Rubio, who is currently unemployed.

He's young so if he runs and loses or runs and wins, he'll be well positioned for next time

by Anonymousreply 453April 11, 2016 4:35 AM

Rubio is done and over.

by Anonymousreply 454April 11, 2016 4:38 AM

I thought Rubiio said he was done with politics?

by Anonymousreply 455April 11, 2016 4:43 AM

The chance of Hillary winning in November is absolutely zero. She does not have enough popular support and she does NOT have the independents.

by Anonymousreply 456April 11, 2016 4:45 AM

Exactly, R456! That's what all the numbers say!

by Anonymousreply 457April 11, 2016 4:46 AM

[quote] Hillary needs to make peace with Sanders. If that means the VP slot - then so be it.

That is hilarious and you are insane. Exactly what planet are you from?

First of all Bernie brings nothing to the ticket in a general election. Second, Bernie would make a terrible VP. Absolutely terrible.

Forget Bernie's backing. He'll do some half hearted support and that's it. His gung ho acolytes are too far gone to expect they will move to support Hillary en masse. I'm sure some will come to their senses by November but that has nothing to do with Hillary giving anything to Bernie.

Having said that I'm sure Hillary will be as gracious as possible.

by Anonymousreply 458April 11, 2016 4:51 AM

I think a VP slot would be a poor choice, but Clinton definitely needs to make some effort to reach out to Bernie and his supporters. You can't just write off someone who has won 17 states and counting. And you can't write off young voters entirely. Let's not forget that if it were up to the 45 and older crowd, we'd currently have President Romney. The Democratic Party needs to find a way to harness the enthusiasm of the Bernie supporters.

by Anonymousreply 459April 11, 2016 5:06 AM

[quote] The chance of Hillary winning in November is absolutely zero. She does not have enough popular support and she does NOT have the independents.

Only 25% of Sanders' supporters say they won't vote for Clinton if she's the nominee. That leaves 75% of Sanders voters who will voter for Clinton in the general.

I'd say Clinton's changes are pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 460April 11, 2016 5:07 AM

Hillary can't win the electoral count. She's too weak in the battleground states and too weak with independents. Both are required to win. This is really why she's panicking. Not over any threat from Sanders. He's not a factor. The nomination was a done deal before any vote was cast. The superdelegates were bought. Hillary will get the nomination. But she has no chance of getting 270 or more electoral votes in November. Independents will not vote for her. That's become apparent in these primaries. That's the real problem for her.

by Anonymousreply 461April 11, 2016 5:17 AM

It would be nice if Mr. Doom and Gloom at R461 could post some links to back up his claims, but that will never happen, will it?

by Anonymousreply 462April 11, 2016 5:20 AM

Over and Over you all keep saying negatives about HILLARY but she will be POTUS! Enough said!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463April 11, 2016 5:28 AM

R462 that might require bursting the magical thinking bubble. Just remember if you repeat a thing long enough maybe just maybe it will be true.

by Anonymousreply 464April 11, 2016 5:28 AM

[quote]Independents will not vote for her. That's become apparent in these primaries. That's the real problem for her.

LOL. And just what about "these primaries" has made that apparent, you dumb shit?

by Anonymousreply 465April 11, 2016 5:30 AM

R465 I guess that fucker meant caucus...big difference fool!

by Anonymousreply 466April 11, 2016 5:33 AM

[quote][R462] that might require bursting the magical thinking bubble. Just remember if you repeat a thing long enough maybe just maybe it will be true.

Look, you posted a theory, that, as far as I know, currently exists only in your head.

Post some factual links or let it go.

by Anonymousreply 467April 11, 2016 5:36 AM

R467 you might want to reread that post. I'm not the one that posted that theory.

Here's a hin R461 is the magical thinker.

by Anonymousreply 468April 11, 2016 5:40 AM

Sorry, R464, I thought it was R461 again.

by Anonymousreply 469April 11, 2016 5:45 AM

Well, if 25% of Bernie voters won't vote for Hillary, and 30% of Republicans won't vote for Trump, then what? Extremist Independents from both sides just stay home?

by Anonymousreply 470April 11, 2016 6:17 AM

Clinton and Sanders both appeal to different kinds of independents - I think they both negate each other in terms of impacts on the general election. When you think about independents, you think about those who are't fans of establishment politics (and gravitate to a candidate like Sanders) and there are those who are very centrist (who gravitate towards Clinton who, although not particularly centrist, is not as extreme as Sanders (or Trump...))

For VP, if it's Trump I bet she goes for her own kind of Gore - younger, white, solid family, good-ole-boy type to offset the almost certain attacks on her likability, age and her family history. The Trump effect would suggest that there is a strong undercurrent view in the US that whites are being sidelined, and even if that's not a valid argument, it still bears political consideration. Opting for a Latino could possibly alienate white independents who will see it as tokenistic. But if it's Cruz she'll opt for a Latino VP, just to close off any impact on the Latino vote - Latinos won't vote for Trump, but they might for Cruz.

Sanders is too old to be VP - it's not good for campaigning when both candidates have a reasonable chance of not seeing out the next four years. Plus Bernie is too outspoken to be VP, which as the first ever VP said is "the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived." It doesn't sound like he has the people skills for Cabinet either. I think he may be happiest being a loud, outspoken Independent Senator from Vermont.

by Anonymousreply 471April 11, 2016 7:29 AM

Sherrod Brown for HIllary, gets her Ohio

by Anonymousreply 472April 12, 2016 5:11 AM

R472 not gonna be her choice for VP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473April 12, 2016 5:25 AM

why not? r473

by Anonymousreply 474April 12, 2016 5:28 AM

If the President is not a lawyer, the VP will be.

by Anonymousreply 475April 12, 2016 5:34 AM

This sounds really vain, but Hillary really is gaining too much weight. You would think she was the surrogate for Chelsea. Perhaps she needs to take running for office a bit more literally.

by Anonymousreply 476April 12, 2016 5:35 AM

I really feel if Bernie got the nomination, he could win...but could he get congress to work with him?

by Anonymousreply 477April 12, 2016 5:35 AM

I fear Trump-Kasich will win the election.

by Anonymousreply 478April 12, 2016 5:41 AM

HRC needs to leave the Democratic Party convention as the leader of the party. Even better she goes in as the leader of the party.

If you want to lead the party you have to either decimate your opponent - which she hasn't been able to do - or make peace with him.

If it takes the VP slot to shut Sanders up - then do it.

I promise you the last thing HRC wants is to win the nomination based upon super-delegate votes.

by Anonymousreply 479April 12, 2016 5:42 AM

R47 If Americans vote-in members of congress who will work with him, yes.

It's up to us to vote them in.

by Anonymousreply 480April 12, 2016 5:47 AM

NO fucking way should Sanders be the VP that is too old a ticket. He would be the worst to work with in my opinion. She needs a young man.

by Anonymousreply 481April 12, 2016 5:47 AM

[quote] This sounds really vain, but Hillary really is gaining too much weight. You would think she was the surrogate for Chelsea. Perhaps she needs to take running for office a bit more literally.

Silly as it sounds, I was actually thinking today if Clinton can do one of those delivered meals plans that keep you fed on an optimal number of calories. But I suppose that's be difficult since she's on the road.

by Anonymousreply 482April 12, 2016 5:48 AM

r478, Kasich is not going to run with Trump. He would just be governor of Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 483April 12, 2016 5:48 AM

Sanders is not any more of a whack job than Biden. She can place him as VP. She is probably going to have to put him on the ticket in order to get his supporters to vote for her. They will vote Trump if Bernie is left in the mud. Hillary already has more than enough connections and coalitions in Congress already to get things done. We all know Bill will be the real VP anyway. And yes, Bernie actually can give her good advice, and encourage her better impulses. Lord knows Hillary always needs someone to push her to go left. You are fooled if you think Mr. Big Shot Sanders (with his newfound fame) wants to return to Congress next year.

by Anonymousreply 484April 12, 2016 5:50 AM

Fuck Sanders and the Independents that will stay home. They aren't voting for Trump or Cruz. He must not be on the ticket. Just as bad a thought as Leiberman was. No to socialists already. Get outta here with that garbage. She'd have to worry him trying to kill her to get her job.

FUCK NO to Sanders. He doesn't belong in her cabinet, he needs to just retire in Vermont and leave America alone.

by Anonymousreply 485April 12, 2016 5:54 AM

I imagine if Clinton picked Sanders as her VP, every time she wanted to work on an issue she'd have to pull him aside to explain, point by point, what the issue is about. Or she may just accept that he would embarrass her if he happened to publicly speak about it, or if he's interviewed by... let's say, NY Daily News.

by Anonymousreply 486April 12, 2016 5:56 AM

In regard to independent voters, they are seventy percent for Sanders last time I checked.

For years we have been told elections are decided by the Independent vote. If Madam Secretary is the candidate, I sure hope that's not the case.

by Anonymousreply 487April 12, 2016 5:58 AM

R485 - elections are won in swing districts. Do you know what that means?

R486 - your premise is that she has won? What's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 488April 12, 2016 5:58 AM

r485, regardless Sanders does not belong on her tickets. Only 25% of independents are not going to vote for her not all of them just the white older men. So yeah Fuck them.

She will not run him as VP, never ever going to happen.

He has shown no loyalty to the democrats and Hillary IS establishment. She does not need another old man telling her what to do, she will have that in Bill. Next.

by Anonymousreply 489April 12, 2016 6:04 AM

sorry, I referenced myself. That was for r488.

by Anonymousreply 490April 12, 2016 6:05 AM

..........R486

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491April 12, 2016 6:06 AM

r491, she would see that wagging finger all the time and she would kill him. We don't need that.

by Anonymousreply 492April 12, 2016 6:10 AM

[quote][R486] - your premise is that she has won? What's the problem?

He'd be a dead weight. An old dead weight.

by Anonymousreply 493April 12, 2016 6:13 AM

[quote] In regard to independent voters, they are seventy percent for Sanders last time I checked.

Only 1 in 4 Sanders voters said they would not vote for Clinton in the general. Last time I checked, that is.

by Anonymousreply 494April 12, 2016 6:15 AM

r479, Sanders gets his big speech at the convention and then releases his delegates. Hillary will be a slam dunk leader of the party.

by Anonymousreply 495April 12, 2016 7:55 AM

Ha ha! And maybe Bill might bang another intern in the White House. Oh my! How amusing that would be,

by Anonymousreply 496April 12, 2016 8:00 AM

I'm not sure independents will play much of a role in November. Cruz and Trump are certainly not candidates who appeal to the bulk of independents. If they stay home for Clinton, they'll stay home for Trump/Cruz at similar rates.

by Anonymousreply 497April 12, 2016 8:02 AM

To my dearest r449:

Sorry Charmaine, they were correct the first time. JOAQUIN NOT JULIAN.

You see there's this little thing called dealing with The Speaker of the House and stealth candidate Ayn Ryan. JOAQUIN has to deal with that nut job on a daily basis. Julian has a cushy job in the administration and doesn't deal with those sharks in congress.

by Anonymousreply 498April 12, 2016 4:43 PM

Sisters and Brothers -

New York has enthusiastically welcomed Bernie back to his childhood home with open arms. Well, most of New York. There’s one very small part of the state that isn’t so excited to see him return.

Can you guess where?

An article titled "Jamie Dimon’s not-so-subtle warning for Bernie Sanders" welcomed our campaign to New York with this message from the Wall Street CEO: "Jamie Dimon waved a placard at Bernie Sanders in his annual shareholders letter on Wednesday. It says, in effect: 'Don’t Bite the Hand That Feeds Us.'"

Here’s the truth: from day one, Wall Street has contributed more than $21 million to Hillary Clinton’s campaign and super PACs, and they are going to do everything they can to stop us in New York. Because if we can win there, we’re going to win everywhere. The stakes are high in these next two weeks, and that’s why we have to ask:

Contribute $2.70 to our campaign today. If everyone who has signed up to support this campaign renewed their commitment with a contribution, we will have the resources we need to beat Wall Street in the New York primary.

In less than one year, our campaign has received more individual contributions than Barack Obama did during the entirety of his historic 2008 campaign — almost 7 million so far! But we cannot afford to stop now, and it is how we respond in this moment that could be the difference between victory and defeat for our political revolution. That’s why your contribution is so important.

In solidarity,

Jeff Weaver Campaign Manager Bernie 2016

by Anonymousreply 499April 12, 2016 5:05 PM

$2.70? Is Bernie on sale now?

by Anonymousreply 500April 12, 2016 5:31 PM

For the low low price of just $2.70 a person you too can own your very own nickel-plated slice of history!

(batteries not included)

by Anonymousreply 501April 12, 2016 5:36 PM

Enough of Bernie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502April 12, 2016 6:43 PM

Is that Bernie hailing a cab after not being able to figure out how to fit a NYC token in a Metrocard reader, R502?

by Anonymousreply 503April 12, 2016 7:54 PM

If she cannot beat him in California, she truly does not deserve to be President

by Anonymousreply 504April 12, 2016 8:32 PM

If he cannot give details to his platform hits, then he does not deserve to be President

by Anonymousreply 505April 12, 2016 8:49 PM

"If she cannot beat him in California, she truly does not deserve to be President"

Meaningless...not only because Clinton will win California but also because there is absolutely no reason why beating your party opponent in any state means anything bigger than you beat your party opponent in that state.

by Anonymousreply 506April 12, 2016 8:52 PM

If he can't do something as simple as releasing his taxes, then he doesn't deserve to be president.

by Anonymousreply 507April 12, 2016 8:54 PM

Hillary will win NY. We don't buy Bernies nonsense here.

by Anonymousreply 508April 12, 2016 8:55 PM

You have no idea. You say Bernie is no more a whack job than Biden, but you hav no idea. No one respected Bernie in the Senate. No one.They can't stand to have to deal with him. He's the guy they run the other way when he approaches.. He's a pain in the ass. He lectures people instead of listening. He never wants to cooperate. If you approach him to support something he'll tell you his better idea to do it different. It eats up a lot of time to convince him to vote for something.

When Obamacare was struggling to survive he sabotaged it, undermined it, introduced shit to add to it from the floor, disrupting things, every chance he got. He even tried to get his own "better " version introduced. Jonathan Alter has said on the record that Bernie was regularly slamming Obama and maligning him to the press directly, often "off the record" starting back in 2009, his first year as POTUS. He could do nothing right to satisfy Bernie.

Joe Biden has a long memory and can itemize the many many instances when he had to deal with Bernie. Cajoling him, spending hours discussing things, etc. to get a fucking vote out of him, or to tell him to back the fuck off. With all Joe's "unscripted moments" there is one thing you need to know about Biden. He is respected in the Senate. He is the consummate politician. You tell Joe what you need and he will figure out how to get there.

And he had very powerful friends that had his back. Guys like Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Chris Dodd, etc. Those guys were tight. Between they they got a lot done. Joe eearned their respect & their friendship because he worked for it. He didn't just rant & rave and talk down to everyone. They were far from saints, and they had missteps, but just from a purely political perspective that's who Joe is. Bernie has no friends. That's a fact. He might get along great with a few crazy assed professors arguing political theory on some campus in Vermont, but in the Halls of the Senate,Bernie and Joe have nothing in common.

by Anonymousreply 509April 12, 2016 9:24 PM

We literally draw straws when someone has to talk with him. And the farts!

by Anonymousreply 510April 12, 2016 9:39 PM

Julian Castro looks like Schlitzie the pinhead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511April 12, 2016 9:50 PM

Oh god now I will never unsee that, r511. Well I guess he can make combating the Zika virus his pet project and get ahead of that!

by Anonymousreply 512April 12, 2016 10:00 PM

Latest polls show she would not win against Kasich , so let's hope they don't broker it for him.

She's really not as popular in the democratic party as the hype creates her to be.

by Anonymousreply 513April 12, 2016 10:51 PM

Any poll showing H losing to any Repub is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 514April 12, 2016 10:57 PM

Bernie hasn't been vetted nationally, neither has Kasich. Both will have their assess spanked in a general election. Bernie seems like he has more skeletons in his closet than Kasich. If Bernie wins the nomination, it will end in tears for him.

by Anonymousreply 515April 12, 2016 11:27 PM

Kasich is very conservative. He's so busy trying to seem reasonable compared to the nut jobs he's running against, people don't realize there isn't much space between him and the others. Just a better personality. Wait until they vett him.

by Anonymousreply 516April 12, 2016 11:33 PM

[quote] Bernie seems like he has more skeletons in his closet than Kasich.

Why would you even say that? It's ridiculous. And even if Bernie had something to hide all he'd have to do is tell the Media that those questions are off-limits. You know, like his voting record and his taxes. Like his wife's bank fraud. Like him funneling campaign money to his family members. Like his wife's running a college into the ground.

He's been allowed to do it so far!

by Anonymousreply 517April 12, 2016 11:35 PM

R515 you're right. Interesting Joy Reid was on Chris Matthews and said essentially the same thing I believe. Hillary & her campaign are handicapped by the fact they don't want to alienate Bernie voters so they tip toe around attacking him. Joy said Hillary needs to attack him if she's going to attack him, and quit trying to come at it sideways. I do feel she is limiting herself, while he doesn't give a fuck about alienating her voters, and he will lie and say anything. The media never fact checks him the just run with his smears. He knows that so it's part of his strategy. "Don't look at my record or my proposals, go after Hillary!" It works. Personally I want to see Hillary go after him at their debate and then I want her to stop debating. This debate shit is over. I'm tired of it.

by Anonymousreply 518April 12, 2016 11:36 PM

R516 I think you've got something there. He really is rather extreme. He's just the least insane-sounding R.

by Anonymousreply 519April 12, 2016 11:38 PM

r518, Hillary wanted to go after Trump and the Republicans not still be fighting with her primary opponent. They should both talk about their accomplishments, what they want to do for us and go on the attack against the REPUBLICANS. Every attack they make on each other is an Ad for the republican in the General.

by Anonymousreply 520April 13, 2016 2:55 PM

R520 how has Hillary been attacking Sanders?

by Anonymousreply 521April 13, 2016 2:57 PM

By having a coherent policy platform and a plan to implement it, R521. She's triggering him!

by Anonymousreply 522April 13, 2016 3:27 PM

Thank you R521. Hillary has been careful even when criticizing him not to get personal. While he attacks her, smears her reputaion, impunes her character, etc. she says stuff like "his answers were troubling." She is civil. The Diplomat. He's an asshole. I think you have to deal with him and his supporters the way a mother deals with a very badly behaved, very spoiled 8 year old. That would be my strategy.

by Anonymousreply 523April 13, 2016 3:41 PM

She's probably going to get stuck with one more debate in California. At least that's where I would debate him. Otherwise she needs to shut his shit down. These weekly or bi-weekly debates are dumb and I'm tired of them. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more Town Halls. I think they would both be willing to do that. Bernie loves to go on TV. Loves it. He has been on more Sunday Talk shows than any other candidate except Trump.

by Anonymousreply 524April 13, 2016 3:43 PM

[quote]He has been on more Sunday Talk shows than any other candidate except Trump.

That's a lie! It's impossible! How can that be when the Media has been ignoring him????

by Anonymousreply 525April 13, 2016 3:48 PM

I am posting the same post on primary threads.

the bernies have been menaced, harassed and threatened by hillary bitches on the upper westside of manhattan.

they are trying to find out who we are, even sending a woman in wheelchair, to chat us up and get our identities in order to harass us.

there is a bull dyke, and a handful of mommy sycophants. if you know them ,stop them.

we will have the NY ACLU deal with them if they continue to hassle us.

the closet kills, people.

hillary had another coughing hack attack on a radio broadcast today.

she is coughing on her lies.

Louise Hay. we love her. she supported men w/ AIDS before anyone cared. ask her what the coughing means.

by Anonymousreply 526April 19, 2016 6:19 AM

This is a California thread, why are you here r526

by Anonymousreply 527April 19, 2016 6:28 AM

R526 is lost in the ether. Hey, 526, it can't be 4:20 all the time.

by Anonymousreply 528April 19, 2016 6:52 AM

I'm gonna play Carnac.

Unofficially it's over April 26.

Officially it's over May 17. So say l.

by Anonymousreply 529April 19, 2016 7:33 AM

It's over now.

by Anonymousreply 530April 27, 2016 12:47 PM

R530 what is?

by Anonymousreply 531April 27, 2016 1:09 PM

the polls are tightening by the minute in Pennsylvania and Maryland. It's really down to the wire, it's anyone's bet, Bernie's surging wildly, there's a lot of movement, the sky is falling, mass hysteria everywhere!

by Anonymousreply 532April 27, 2016 1:26 PM

Bernie doesn't stand a chance, but he has brought major issues to the front which Hillary would have been all to happy to ignore if she was allowed to glide into her coronation. Love or hate Trump/Bernie this year has gotten people more energized about politics and the morons running our country.

by Anonymousreply 533April 27, 2016 1:34 PM

And, R533, even more about the morons (Trump/Bernie) who WANT to run our country

by Anonymousreply 534April 27, 2016 1:38 PM

Sanders has MOMENTUM! All he has to do is win the next 45 states.

by Anonymousreply 535April 27, 2016 7:05 PM

Has Bernie dropped out yet? What's he running for at this point? Judas

by Anonymousreply 536April 27, 2016 9:31 PM

Bernie can take California by 20 points and it wouldn't matter. And he's not doing that. So....

by Anonymousreply 537April 28, 2016 12:28 AM

It's all over except for the crying admission of defeat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538April 28, 2016 12:59 AM

Looks like the young kids have changed their minds. . . . .

by Anonymousreply 539April 28, 2016 1:23 AM

R539 how do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 540April 28, 2016 1:25 AM

Meaning they have lost all momentum. He should just announce he is suspending his campaign. that would probably help to move on dot org

by Anonymousreply 541April 28, 2016 1:48 AM

I saw the first bumper sticker on a car in California. It did say Feel the Burn. So he might have one vote here.

Why would anyone ruin their care with a bumper sticker?

by Anonymousreply 542May 2, 2016 2:37 AM

R542 maybe it was a pro-Hillary bumper sticker; Sanders supporters spell it 'Fell the Bern."

by Anonymousreply 543May 2, 2016 2:41 AM

Fell?

No it would be Feel the Bern. I think it was a Sanders bumpersticker, maybe it was for a hemorrhoid cream.

by Anonymousreply 544May 2, 2016 2:47 AM

Bernie is a fruit cake. Thinks he can have a contested convention without the delegates to support it. The party is about to cut him off.

by Anonymousreply 545May 2, 2016 2:56 AM

Rubio would run with Trump. They are all on the dark side

by Anonymousreply 546May 2, 2016 3:00 AM

[quote]Nothing she can say will win us over. Liar, liar, pantsuit on fire and all that.

And nothing that idiotic, egomaniacal old man can say will win me over. He's the biggest fraud that's ever been perpetrated on the American electorate - and that's saying a lot.

by Anonymousreply 547May 2, 2016 3:06 AM

Bernie Sanders’s Fund-Raising Plunges Amid Campaign Woes

Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont raised just $25.8 million for his campaign in April, down by more than 40 percent from the previous month, as he faces an increasingly narrow path in the race for the Democratic nomination for president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548May 2, 2016 4:40 AM

CLINTON will still take CA and WIN it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549May 2, 2016 6:26 AM

Is Bern going to drop out after he loses Indiana?

by Anonymousreply 550May 3, 2016 10:02 PM

He won Indiana. Barely.

SHE STILL GOT ONE MORE DELEGATE THAN HE DID!

It's OVER BernBitches! Give up!

by Anonymousreply 551May 4, 2016 9:09 AM

Bernie net +6 delegates over Clinton in Indiana. That puts her at the horrifically advantaged position of still being THREE HUNDRED elected delegates ahead of Sanders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552May 4, 2016 7:09 PM

By the numbers alone, 300 pledged delegates is a lot.

472 more superdelegates is a lot.

3 million more popular votes is a lot.

I hate to pull the woman card here, but isn't it a little suspicious that Hillary was beating Obama in the popular vote, and he had a lead of only 69 pledged delegates, but everyone insisted she was being petty and should drop out for the good of the party?

Meanwhile, math says she is killing Bernie on the numbers, and all we hear is "he should have the right to go on right up to the convention," party be damned, because he is a MAN and men's precious egos have to be babied and pampered, because their manly masculinity just can't be thwarted or stopped. Because, peen.

by Anonymousreply 553May 4, 2016 7:43 PM

In 2008 Hillary was a defeated Democrat. She understood party unity.

In 2016 Sanders is a defeated Independent running as a Democrat who is more invested in HIS revolution, whatever that is, than actually moving legislation.

Once defeated he needs to be neutralized.

by Anonymousreply 554May 4, 2016 7:51 PM

He is neutralizing himself, R554. The only thing he brings to the table are supporters. The longer he keeps this up the more that will abandon him because they don't want Trump as President. And those that remain won't vote ffor HRC anyway...so he is fast running out of his only currency.

by Anonymousreply 555May 4, 2016 8:01 PM

[553] Yes, a common experience for women not just in politics. Men feel no compunction against challenging women's status in circumstances where they would defer to male colleagues. Of course, they deny it has anything to do with sex, but when the same pattern is repeated time and again, we know better.

by Anonymousreply 556May 4, 2016 8:08 PM

What is Bern running for now? Old Guy who can't admit he is losing to a woman? Disgruntled freak who thinks there will be a revolution? Fame whore? Tax return hider?

by Anonymousreply 557May 4, 2016 8:13 PM

If CA has an open primary, then GOPers can now crash the Dem election.

by Anonymousreply 558May 4, 2016 8:35 PM

California has a Modified Closed Primary. Democrats and UNAFFILIATED voters may request a Democratic Primary ticket.

Sorry GOPers.

But again it is a PROPORTIONAL delegate distribution election.

by Anonymousreply 559May 4, 2016 8:49 PM

Truth is Hillary may very well lose California, it's a "semi-closed" aka open primary. We all know what happened in Indiana. But in the end it doesn't matter, he has to win by double digits to even make a difference. And the chances of him doing that are slim to none.

by Anonymousreply 560May 4, 2016 9:00 PM

R560 she statistically does better than Bernie does in Open Primaries.

I probably could have just left it at, "statistically does better," period.

by Anonymousreply 561May 4, 2016 9:07 PM

Except in IN, R561.

by Anonymousreply 562May 4, 2016 9:34 PM

The score so far:

HRC the nominee: 2201

BS who's full of BS: 1402

Just 181 to go! BYE BernCunts!

I would say it was fun but those Dawson and Sarandon Bitches put a kabosh to that.

by Anonymousreply 563May 4, 2016 10:40 PM

The Vermont senator's aides see a path to the nomination through a convention battle in Philadelphia.

Is he going to try hypnosis?

by Anonymousreply 564May 4, 2016 10:56 PM

I was on a high level Sanders conference call and this is the secret path to the nomination for Bernie in Philadelphia:

Picture yourself in a boat on a river

With tangerine trees and marmalade skies

Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Cellophane flowers of yellow and green

Towering over your head

Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes

And she's gone

And VOILA! Hillary is gone!!!

by Anonymousreply 565May 4, 2016 10:59 PM

Bernie would likely be booed at the convention by the visible demons. He has no path but he has his certainty! We are on our way! Delegates schmelegates. See you in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 566May 4, 2016 11:00 PM

Sanders is no longer gaining... Hillary has a double-digit lead on him in the latest polling, and is expanding her lead over him.

by Anonymousreply 567May 5, 2016 12:25 AM

R562, do you understand what "statistically" means?

by Anonymousreply 568May 5, 2016 12:43 AM

Republicans will vote for Verbie in Cslifornia so Hillary better be camping out here soon.

by Anonymousreply 569May 5, 2016 2:00 AM

Four years too early, R1.

by Anonymousreply 570February 8, 2020 2:57 PM

Who's the troll bumping old political threads?

by Anonymousreply 571February 8, 2020 3:05 PM

Who's the troll bumping old political threads?

by Anonymousreply 572February 8, 2020 3:05 PM

Don't know but just block the Bernie troll bumping these threads.

It must wound him Bernie won't be the nominee despite Russian aid.

by Anonymousreply 573February 8, 2020 3:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!