Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Slasher - A 'Chiller' Original Series ....

Anyone watching it ? (promo) Centers around a young woman who is confronted with a series of horrifying copycat murders, that are based on the widely-known killings of her parents years ago.

Just started watching the pilot. Ten minutes in ..... there's a gay couple.

Some cute men in the cast.

Opening scene was creepy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 13, 2019 12:36 PM

Is it supposed to be an attraction, in 2016, to have a gay couple on a series? Aren't we beyond that point now?

by Anonymousreply 1March 5, 2016 9:09 PM

Was just mentioning it, R1 ......

Having now watched the entire pilot, that couple doesn't play much of a role in the story (yet)

Overall, very 'meh' thus far ........ has a Clarice/Hannibal Lecter vibe with a mystery as to who is copycatting in the present day 'Hannibal's' crime from nearly thirty years ago .....

Hottie alert (good ?? cop friend of leading lady)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 5, 2016 9:53 PM

The gay couple is heavily featured in the 2nd episode, they're main characters. I like it a lot. It only has 2 reviews on metacritic, both 50%, so I put it on not expecting much, but it drew me in. I now realize how bad MTV's Scream was after seeing this. One of my favorite new shows, so far.

by Anonymousreply 3March 6, 2016 5:34 PM

I also loved the coke-fueled orgy they obviously had after dinner. Oh, those gays and their hedonism. They can't have a dinner party without sex and drugs.

Are they gonna be punished by the "Executioner?" (That's rhetorical btw)

by Anonymousreply 4March 6, 2016 6:00 PM

I don't like the title. 'Slasher', one of the worst titles ever.

by Anonymousreply 5March 6, 2016 6:06 PM

I'm more into the boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 6, 2016 6:10 PM

It's an odd show. The main girl is conversing with her parents' killer like he didn't slice them up 30 years ago.

Dean McDermott finally found some work.

by Anonymousreply 7March 6, 2016 9:30 PM

Oh and the main actress's Irish accent keeps poking through. They couldn't just find an American?

by Anonymousreply 8March 6, 2016 9:31 PM

Why does the Grandma of a 30-year-old look no older than 45?

by Anonymousreply 9March 6, 2016 9:39 PM

Did anyone else watch South of Hell? The critics weren't crazy about that either, but I liked it enough. I think Slasher is better. It's cinematic, I love that it has many scenes of people walking on streets at night, in that yellow street lamp glow, You really feel like you're there, in that little town.

by Anonymousreply 10March 6, 2016 9:42 PM

Gonna try to catch the second episode today.

The guy who plays the husband was in 'She's All That' with Channing Tatum. He was also on 'Harper's Island' apparently.

Agree the title is not great. Could've just called it 'The Executioner'.

It's being billed as an 'anthology' ..........wonder what that means ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 6, 2016 11:26 PM

It probably means that, like American Horror Story, Season 2 may feature some of the same actors but a completely different story. Which means that the killer will be revealed this season and all will be wrapped up. If it's picked up for another season, that is.

by Anonymousreply 12March 7, 2016 12:15 AM

Anyone watch this week? Another death... I think the priest who survived the attacks 30 years ago is the killer. It's obvious considering the biblical nature of the killings but he is the one who would know everyone's secrets.

by Anonymousreply 13March 13, 2016 1:40 PM

Too gory.

by Anonymousreply 14March 13, 2016 2:46 PM

[quote]Too gory.

What? There's no such thing.

This show is awful. Everyone walks around at night by themselves. She's talking to the guy who butchered her parents and then cut her out of the womb. Not to mention, she moved into the house where her parents were slaughtered!

There's too much disbelief I need to be suspending here.

by Anonymousreply 15March 13, 2016 4:08 PM

The show is filmed beautifully. Those shots of the streets and suburbia just after the sun has set or at night with the street lights are awesome. I've always been sucker for that kind of mood. They really manage to bring out the lush colors of the trees and the dark sky at night.

Haven¨t yet watched episode 3 but I've really liked the first two episodes. Obviously the show is playing on the slasher film theme where it's meant that some scenes are pure comedy even if they are terrifying. The scene in the woods in the beginning of episode 2 had me chuckling. And obviously people do stupid things like wander into the woods alone or stay in the house where the killer could strike any time. That's pure slasher horror. It's not a coincidence we've had sex scenes as well. Or obviously some loose body parts and loads of blood.

BTW this show is all about what Scream Queens was missing and that is real-ish horror. The Executioner looks absolutely terrifying. I'm not saying it's a perfect show but then again it's not meant to be. It's perfect and faulty the same way films like Scream are.

by Anonymousreply 16March 15, 2016 1:29 AM

Steve Byers is delicious!

by Anonymousreply 17March 15, 2016 1:51 AM

R17, absolutely! I even thought of him in my latest solo fun session this morning. BTW, he's 39. Looks great.

by Anonymousreply 18March 15, 2016 2:20 AM

r16, total agreement. This is the first original series of the only network totally devoted to horror, so this is an all-out effort by all those involved. Chiller is only trying to create programming to compete with what they usually show, which is cheapo old shit, whatever they can afford. So the people behave illogically, it's in the grand tradition of fucking slasher movies, not exactly a high-brow genre. But it's filmed beautifully, as r16 says. I don't get the complaints. What's the competition? Walking Dead has been recycling the same episode for years. And I find it more chore-ish to watch the new Colony episode than this, personally.

by Anonymousreply 19March 17, 2016 9:45 AM

Slasher is a good show, but to me it's not as bad or as good as MTV's Scream (which I am probably the only one who enjoyed the first season). Slasher is slower, calmer, and more unsettling with its effective use of gore and suspense.

by Anonymousreply 20March 17, 2016 4:44 PM

Okay, so episode 4. My theory now is, Sarah is Tom Wilson's (the original Executioner) bio daughter (the reason he wanted her hair) and she is the Executioner. It's def not cop because that spray of bullets in the woods at that guy was incredible. Whoever that was, was a terrible shot.

by Anonymousreply 21March 21, 2016 10:17 PM

r21, the Executioner led his victim to the trap so he could kill his victim with the poisenous snakes. He didn't want to shoot the victim to death.

by Anonymousreply 22March 22, 2016 12:19 AM

That is very farfetched. R22

by Anonymousreply 23March 22, 2016 3:36 AM

I wish they could turn Saw into a tv series. Just reset it where the Saw guy was still alive, and he'd never be killed in the series, always multiple-moves ahead. The fun would be all the new puzzles/killing machines built for every episode. They could come up with enough for a 10 episode series. Expensive and extremely gory though, but don't the movies play uncensored on some cable channels like perhaps Chiller? There's going to be more Chiller original series and something like that would be so fab.

by Anonymousreply 24March 22, 2016 6:43 AM

[quote] The Executioner led his victim to the trap so he could kill his victim with the poisenous snakes.

Thanks for the warning. I will NEVER ever ever watch this show. I mean NOT EVER. Seriously never.

by Anonymousreply 25March 22, 2016 7:19 AM

r23, sure. the Executioner just carried around poisenous snakes (some from different continents) for the fun of it and not to, say, keep on killing based on the deadly sins in the Bible where when commit the sin of sloth you get thrown into a pit of vipers which was the point of the whole investigation about the missing girl after the killing happened (the victim didn't bother to pick up the drunken girl and drive her home or to the hospital on the night she vanished).

by Anonymousreply 26March 22, 2016 7:31 AM

What a massive (and nonsensical) run-on sentence.

by Anonymousreply 27March 23, 2016 12:45 AM

r27, aw. I guess, like the show, I am just too complicated for you to comprehend.

by Anonymousreply 28March 24, 2016 4:08 PM

The 4th episode thudded for me too. But now I've discovered how great Damien is, so if it doesn't get better, I'll just move on.

by Anonymousreply 29March 25, 2016 1:22 AM

Yeah, because poor grammar = complicated. You're so brilliant, R28.

Re: episode 5: how very Room.

by Anonymousreply 30March 26, 2016 5:49 AM

Just let us know if the cop gets naked.

by Anonymousreply 31March 26, 2016 6:08 AM

I liked the last third of the 5th episode, after being meh about ep 4. I don't like the reporter characters, the cheapo Canadian soap (I'm guessing) actors themselves. The Asian woman and the black guy, both so thoroughly average, looking, and talent-wise. It's too much of a reminder of the budget limitations involved. It's like the casting agent scooped them out of the bargain actor bin. The Asian woman was just getting interesting though, until... The art gallery woman and gay guy (sorry, terrible with names) are both good actors though, and all their scenes work. This show is unfortunately uneven, but it's quite good when it's good.

by Anonymousreply 32March 28, 2016 10:25 AM

I liked all of the new episode again. The "Room" stuff is a good subplot. No complaints about ep 6.. There wouldn't be anything good on Friday nights without this show.

by Anonymousreply 33April 2, 2016 8:11 AM

Average looking? Average looking?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 2, 2016 11:38 AM

Dean McDermott was surprisingly good. Thankfully I've only watched Tori Spelling reality shows for a few minutes so I only hate him slightly. I almost started wishing he'd stayed away from all the reality crap and tried to have a real acting career since he's not a bad actor at all.

The show certainly is not as fun as it was in the beginning but I'm still enjoying it.

by Anonymousreply 35April 2, 2016 10:56 PM

Dean McDermott is so creepy, omfg

by Anonymousreply 36April 3, 2016 8:40 PM

Oh that's who it is. I was thinking sure the younger beefcake cop is great eye candy, but the older cop's a hot daddy too. I always thought he was. I remember recording a Lifetime movie Dean was in only because he turned me on. I thought he gave a good performance too. Tori has good taste.

by Anonymousreply 37April 3, 2016 11:20 PM

So it WAS the young cop and his priest father. This show is odd but interesting.

by Anonymousreply 38April 9, 2016 5:26 PM

I liked the last episode. I wanted to google around and look for some reviews and ended up on its Wiki page. My god are its ratings low. It debuted with 120,000 viewers and now it's averaging 70,000. It could be what Chiller was expecting though. Final episode next week.

by Anonymousreply 39April 10, 2016 12:15 AM

Final ep. of season 1 tonight. I think it'll be renewed despite the pitiful ratings because Chiller is such a marginal network. This and Bill Maher are the only good Friday shows.

by Anonymousreply 40April 16, 2016 2:01 AM

What a tedious, ridiculous finale. I kept looking at the clock, wondering when it would be over. Sigh. Overall it was a good season, though.

by Anonymousreply 41April 16, 2016 10:38 PM

Definitely some eye candy on this show. I thought the cop son and his dad were gonna go at it when he was working out.

by Anonymousreply 42April 16, 2016 11:33 PM

Just finished the fourth episode. It's not an awful show, but I'm not digging the pseudo religious stuff and yea, the Executioner's current day methods are a bit overwrought.

Shame ...... I was getting an odd homo-erotic vibe between preppy realtor Robin and broody hunter bro Trent. Thought they were going to kiss at the end of episode three.

But the start of episode four put a big kibosh on that.

Some eye candy on the show like Trent and that cute Caleb guy who was making out with his girlfriend when that missing skateboarder made his reappearance.

And Dylan is a snake ......... big surprise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 1, 2016 6:36 AM

Is Chiller renewing the show for a second season ??

by Anonymousreply 44May 1, 2016 7:23 AM

I thought it started out well, some moments with good tension, but the finale fizzled out, :( Of course the hot cop had to die. Why do they always have to kill off the hottest guy?

by Anonymousreply 45May 1, 2016 7:33 AM

This site predicts renewal. Says the low ratings are probably fine for Chiller, which is used to low ratings. And the show did ok with critics and viewers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 1, 2016 7:57 AM

The lead actress was terrible

by Anonymousreply 47May 1, 2016 8:51 AM

Having a gap between watching episode one and the next four episodes (I still have three to go), I actually like the lead actress and the actor who plays Robin.

I didn't like her at first, but she's grown on me. Now her CHARACTER getting all 'Clarice Starling' with the killer is a stretch, but so is the premise .............exactly HOW does this new Executioner know all of these deep dark secrets anyway ?

KNOWS Velma shot her husband AND WHERE THE BODY IS HIDDEN

KNOWS Justin was cooking the books and nearly $ 3 million in debt.

KNOWS Brenda dropped a brick off a bridge NEARLY FIFTY YEARS AGO injuring that girl in the car.

KNOWS Trent and June saw a drunk teenager and left her by the side of the road FIVE YEARS AGO

KNOWS Alison hacked missing girl's father's computer, planted fake evidence and caused his suicide FIVE YEARS AGO.

Haven't gotten there yet ...........were all of these sins confessed to the town's preacher ? I'm guessing that is the only way hot cop would know any of this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 48May 1, 2016 3:53 PM

Just finished it up and ..........

NOPE, a three minute speech about how Cam fell in love with Sarah while she was a teenager at camp. But no explanation about how he knew all of these deep dark secrets of everyone in town ..... and why he decided to start all of these murders when Sarah returned to town.

So, loss of points for the inexplicable murder spree. Also --- attacking Robin was supposed to be a diversion to killing Justin (why did Cam need one ?), but there was no explanation of the attack on skateboarder kid (a distraction wasn't necessary for the first murder of Velma).

So very lame ........... including the 'Room' rip off with the wife ignoring the missing girl and five year old in her living room. And Cam also let the chief of police keep the girl and kid prisoner while her mother goes nuts after her daughter disappears and her husband kills himself. Huh.

The 2016 version of Rhonda Penmark for season two does not look that interesting to me.

by Anonymousreply 49May 2, 2016 12:54 AM

R49:

I took it as the father was in cahoots with cam the whole time and fed him the Intel on the old 'sins.'

He clearly enabled his antisocial violent streak since he was a child, and there was that scene just before cam kills him when the pops revels in the fact that the sins of the town have been washed away and a fresh start could begin...

by Anonymousreply 50May 2, 2016 1:07 AM

But the father seemed surprised to find the killer souvenir kit (sobbing on the bed) and seemed upset while talking to Cam and indicating he'd have to turn him in.

I was hoping they clearly indicated that the priest dad was working with Cam, but that didn't happen so it was random as to how he knew all of this.

(Would Dean McD's character really confess to keeping that teenage girl for five years ? Even to a priest ?

by Anonymousreply 51May 2, 2016 2:48 PM

I may be reading too much into it, but I thought sobbing over the box of souvenirs was his way of mourning the loss of his son because he planned to turn him in once it was all over.

He probably wanted to ditch him since he was an antisocial killer who not only murdered his wife, but was also his accomplice with the power to turn on him at any moment.

Who knows??

Perhaps I am reading something wrong into it as I try to make an illogical plot make sense...

by Anonymousreply 52May 2, 2016 9:36 PM

I just started watching this series so I quickly scrolled down to the bottom of the thread to avoid any spoilers. So far so good but i really can't stand the lead actress.

by Anonymousreply 53May 27, 2016 2:37 AM

Even though this shhow is a ripoff of AHS- i think Ryan Murphy should watch this series to see how to make a consistent story.

by Anonymousreply 54May 30, 2016 9:48 PM

The show is now available on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 55July 7, 2016 5:36 PM

Anyone watching season 2? It was released on Netflix a few weeks ago. I just started.

by Anonymousreply 56November 15, 2017 1:13 AM

Guess no one watched Season 2. Anyone watching Season 3? Lots of gay and bisexual sex scenes.

by Anonymousreply 57June 6, 2019 6:53 PM

Is it an anthology series or do you have to watch the first two seasons?

by Anonymousreply 58June 6, 2019 6:55 PM

I thought this was ok and I also appreciated that a gay couple is part of the main cast. It's not essential but I personally liked it enough. I think I only saw the first season.

by Anonymousreply 59June 6, 2019 6:58 PM

To me the first season felt more like a psycho triller than full on horror.

by Anonymousreply 60June 6, 2019 7:00 PM

R58, it's anthology. Some actors show up again a la American Horror Story. The first season was the best. But the second and third were enjoyable for a rainy day binge.

by Anonymousreply 61June 6, 2019 7:05 PM

Unfortunately Time Warner/Spectrum dropped Chiller a few years ago.

What cable provider now carries it?

by Anonymousreply 62June 6, 2019 7:09 PM

It’s on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 63June 6, 2019 7:11 PM

Season 2 and 3 are great!

by Anonymousreply 64June 6, 2019 7:12 PM

I enjoyed Season 3. I started watching Season 2 but not sure if it's as good?

by Anonymousreply 65June 6, 2019 7:12 PM

R65, stick with it! The twist at the end is awesome!!

by Anonymousreply 66June 6, 2019 7:29 PM

Thank you for the recommendation. I like it so far.

by Anonymousreply 67June 8, 2019 8:34 AM

I don't mean that as a put down in any way, but Season 3 reminds me of Thom Fitzgerald's Sex & Violence series. To me the production value feels very similar.

by Anonymousreply 68June 9, 2019 10:27 AM

I binge watched season 3 and then season two and, while 3 had its great moments (Paula Brancati as over-the-top social media blogger obsessed with her followers and social media popularity is like Datalounge come to life), season 2 was crazy good. That twist is pretty cool and very well done imho.

I belive it's one of the few shows that does flashbacks right.

by Anonymousreply 69June 11, 2019 4:33 AM

I’ve watched all three seasons and liked season 2 the best. Season 3 was too predictable. The identity of the killer was obvious from about the 4th episode, which killed all suspense for the finale.

by Anonymousreply 70June 11, 2019 5:35 AM

r70 I knew the killer in season 3 the moment he / she made a comment that got Renée suspicious which led to her looking at the camp files. But the twist still surprised me.

What annoyed me a bit in season three was that they introduced a new suspect in later episodes.

by Anonymousreply 71June 13, 2019 12:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!