Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hillary Clinton is a good person.

We all know she's capable. But watching her and seeing what she says and does, I've always gotten the sense that she is a genuine and good and warm person, one of the best ones out there in politics. Which doesn't mean she's without flaws in her character, or doesn't make errors in judgment from time to time. Often I think she sees things with too much nuance and so cannot break down the information into black-and-white soundbites and people see that as prevarication. Doesn't help that she is also a private person naturally.

I just don't understand the people who say she's evil and untrustworthy.

by Anonymousreply 196March 14, 2018 12:20 AM

Hi Huma

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2016 4:02 AM

Agree OP

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2016 4:04 AM

Is this the same thing Richard Nixon's supporters said about him? Does the country really need to go through all that again?

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2016 4:07 AM

Another harangue in the endless harangues about over-the-hill Hill. Get a life, OP!

by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2016 4:09 AM

Forgot to mention that as history repeats itself, I expect her handlers will have her do a "Checkers" speech to show she's not so bad.

by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2016 4:12 AM

True, OP, and I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly. The right wing has always hated and feared Hillary and they will continue to attack her just as she will continue to triumph over them and their petty bullshit.

She's the next President of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 6February 28, 2016 4:29 AM

She's not evil and untrustworthy, but she has a characteristic that I think is common in very very smart people, which is that she can be impatient or condescending to people who aren't as smart as she is. I think that's been apparent when she's had to testify before Congress. So she tends to dumb things down for her audience, like OP says, and it gets her into trouble, because she then gets accused of lying or being misleading because she's oversimplified something, because she thinks the public won't care or doesn't need to know more.

If she were really untrustworthy, she would have been a terrible diplomat, obviously. But she was a good and effective diplomat.

by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2016 4:40 AM

R7 is obviously a lesbian

by Anonymousreply 8February 28, 2016 4:41 AM

[quote] condescending to people who aren't as smart as she is. I think that's been apparent when she's had to testify before Congress.

In that case she was right to be... because they wren't.

by Anonymousreply 9February 28, 2016 4:44 AM

Who's her secret girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 10February 28, 2016 4:47 AM

Extending Op's line of thought, can we all just admit Nosferatu was a misunderstood sweetie. After all, he liked boats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 28, 2016 4:48 AM

R3, there are some overlaps between Richard Nixon and Hillary, mostly in their intellect and competence. But the biggest difference is that Nixon indulges in his cynicism and Hillary does not, even though she has all the reason to. And that is all the difference in the world. She believes in people ultimately... and that's why switched from Republican to Democrat in her teens.

And look, Nixon had many great policy accomplishments as President. His failings were moral.

by Anonymousreply 12February 28, 2016 5:01 AM

[quote]Is this the same thing Richard Nixon's supporters said about him?

Why stop there? Just go ahead and mention that Hitler loved his dog.

[quote]Does the country really need to go through all that again?

All what again? What parts of Hillary Clinton's potential Presidency are going to be so similar to Nixon's that you would ask this question?

by Anonymousreply 13February 28, 2016 11:58 AM

You don't even know her, you psycho. I don't get people like the OP who make such remarks about public figures.

by Anonymousreply 14February 28, 2016 12:11 PM

What sort of remarks can people make about public figures then? Only negative one and nothing about their personality? Let's face it, the most common reason people who are not voting for Hillary give us that they "feel" her personality and moral standards are deficient. Or worse, unlikeable. People are polled to see if they believe if she is trustworthy, even though they don't know her. These remarks are relevant in that light.

by Anonymousreply 15February 28, 2016 12:19 PM

There was a great article in The Daily Beast talking about the disconnect between this "trustworthiness" topic that has attached itself to her and Hillary's real personal character, well worth the read

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 28, 2016 12:20 PM

Because, OP, in the minds of the American people, she lacks the #1 qualification to hold a major public office:

A PENIS.

And they hate her for it. Especially other women.

by Anonymousreply 17February 28, 2016 12:25 PM

Politicians, no matter how good their intentions might be, they end up being just pawns.

Hillary definitely can't be the exception. I bet my ass Obama had much better intentions than her, when he became the President of US, and yet, he didn't get to do the things he wanted to...

Fuck it.

by Anonymousreply 18February 28, 2016 12:25 PM

It cannot be said enough times: HRC is better than the alternative ( Trump.. Cruz.. Rubio)

by Anonymousreply 19February 28, 2016 12:32 PM

True, R19.

by Anonymousreply 20February 28, 2016 12:35 PM

Remember when she put on a country accent because she wanted to appeal to the 'common folk'?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 28, 2016 12:44 PM

What's the big deal R21? It's called code switching. I'm a foreigner in America, and the accent and vernacular I use here is different from the one I use back home. Even back home I talk differently depending on formal or informal. Who doesn't - pretty much everyone from Obama to your favourite frat bro does this.

by Anonymousreply 22February 28, 2016 12:50 PM

[QUOTE]Remember when she put on a country accent because she wanted to appeal to the 'common folk'?

How can we forget? Bernie Bros keep bringing it up, as if it means something. Guess what? To anyone who doesn't have a hardon for hating the woman, it doesn't.

Any adult who was raised in the midwest and spent several decades living in a southern state before moving to and staying in the northeast for another several decades is going to have a somewhat fluid accent, depending on where she is. It's called code-switching and it's not only not insidious, but it's not remotely uncommon. My parents, who left New York 40 years ago, will suddenly start speaking in a Noo Yawk accent when they visit family and friends from the area or even when they speak to them on the phone for a few minutes. My husband, who's from Latin America but has lived in this country for over 20 years, will get off the phone with his mother and suddenly have the kind of Spanish-influenced accent he lost about a decade-and-a-half ago.

Ask yourself why Hillary has such huge support from the African-American community in light of this. They know she speaks differently to them than she does to white people. And they LOVE her. Because black people in America are forced to code-switch EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Try another line of attack, white boy.

by Anonymousreply 23February 28, 2016 12:52 PM

Cha Cha Cha Rubio to the rescue!

Koch Bros, Fox News, Romney and the GOP establishment have the bombshell plan!

by Anonymousreply 24February 28, 2016 12:54 PM

Black people like her because they know she will keep them victims of the welfare system. Black folk are not about to give up their gibmedats.

by Anonymousreply 25February 28, 2016 12:59 PM

I heard her speak after the SC primary, and she was inspirational and trustworthy.

I was excited to donate a small sum to Obama when he was running - I wanted to be a part of history. Likewise, I'm going to donate to Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 26February 28, 2016 1:03 PM

Sadly, OP, she really isn't. It's very disappointing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 28, 2016 1:07 PM

That totally innocuous picture sure convinced me, r27! Its got the word "EVIL" in its title! Enough said, amirite?

by Anonymousreply 28February 28, 2016 1:11 PM

R7 she simplifies things because people really don't care or are to stupid to. Every time she barely goes into slight details on policy, people call her an abstruse policy wonk, and here I am sitting thinking she's barely told us what she knows! I want to hear more!

by Anonymousreply 29February 28, 2016 1:17 PM

No, she absolutely is not by any account of those who have worked with and for her. She is described as a vicious snob by drivers, security guards, secret service members, maids and interns; swearing at them, telling them not to look at her when she walks by, screaming at those who happen to be walking by her when she was on the move at The White House.

She throws her own staff under the bus and blames them for following her orders to ignore department protocol and even law. She sent a memo warning them of the rules, broke them herself and swore at and chewed-out lower level employees who did not feel comfortable putting their own necks on the line to brake the rules, behind the scenes, for her convenience.

She chose, of all people, to focus on Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" for her college, Senior thesis. She dissected what she thought worked about his method and what didn't. "Rules for Radicals" is about deception, dividing communities into groups, pitting them against each other, defining the problem and offering the solution, all as a means of controlling the populace and moving them towards your will. Saul Alinsky got a kick out of dedicating his book the the "greates rebel of all", Lucifer. Hilarious.

She stalked and harassed the women Bill raped or cheated on her with. And this is all just what we know.

by Anonymousreply 30February 28, 2016 1:19 PM

R30 is a liar. The Right has been lying about Hillary for 20+ years. Don't let them fool you!

by Anonymousreply 31February 28, 2016 1:21 PM

Hillary is not a nice person according to the Secret Service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 28, 2016 1:25 PM

[quote]No, she absolutely is not by any account of those who have worked with and for her.

Except, of course, for all those accounts of people who worked with and for her that speak of her in glowing terms. Let's just pretend those don't exist, or that those people are establishment liars who were paid off to say nice things about her.

by Anonymousreply 33February 28, 2016 1:26 PM

R31 What isn't true of what I've written? HER very argument at the Congressional hearing is that she's not responsible for lower level employees breaking the rules and that she had no idea they were; don't blame her, she was just their simple-minded, incompetent, unaccountable leader and manager as Secretary of State. That's her own argument. The alternative would have been that she lied about what she did and didn't know about her obligations and protocol.

by Anonymousreply 34February 28, 2016 1:26 PM

R33 It's one thing to have one person who dislikes you; quite another to have people of all different interactions with you, calling you a petty dragon.

by Anonymousreply 35February 28, 2016 1:27 PM

R35 And it's not even like she was an extraordinarily talented and competent bitch; she was just the latter.

by Anonymousreply 36February 28, 2016 1:28 PM

Politics, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 37February 28, 2016 1:28 PM

r34, you forgot to yell BENGHAZIIIII!!!!!!! at the top of your lungs.

by Anonymousreply 38February 28, 2016 1:28 PM

R35 I don't care that she's a bitch; I care that she was a bitch who couldn't tell the difference between what constituted an above top secret document and what didn't.

by Anonymousreply 39February 28, 2016 1:29 PM

I agree Op. I met her when I was at Yale in 96 and she was awesome. Loved her ever since. I think the animosity comes largely from republican talking points for the last 30 years and good old fashion sexism.

by Anonymousreply 40February 28, 2016 1:29 PM

[quote]It's one thing to have one person who dislikes you; quite another to have people of all different interactions with you, calling you a petty dragon.

Not really. She's running for President, not America's Best Friend. For every negative story about her personality, you can find another from an insider detailing her positive aspects. She's been in politics for 30 years. Literally thousands of people have good reason to spread as much negative information about her as possible. Finding out that she may have yelled at a subordinate isn't remotely notable, especially since men in her positions have always done that sort of thing and not had it held against them.

by Anonymousreply 41February 28, 2016 1:30 PM

R41 see R39 .

by Anonymousreply 42February 28, 2016 1:31 PM

r42, what does that have to do with the topic or anything else I've said in this thread?

The documents r39 is talking about were classified as top secret AFTER THE FACT, which means she's being criticized for not being clairvoyant.

by Anonymousreply 43February 28, 2016 1:33 PM

R43 She told her staff to remove headings! She TOLD her staff to break protocol! Some above top secret information is assumed to be protected and it is the DUTY of The Secretary of State to know the difference between what was meant only for her consumption and what was meant to be open to public hacking infiltration. You do realize she might be recommended for indictment, correct?

by Anonymousreply 44February 28, 2016 1:52 PM

The right wing has spent about 3 billion dollars and almost 30 years trying to vilify and demonize Hillary Clinton . I wonder if people are aware of the impact of such an onslaught. Half truths to out and out fabrications carried by major press outlets and countless talking heads bobbing up and down on a variety of news programs since the early 90's have created an alternate universe that many fervently believe in. A universe in where Hillary Clinton is a murderer, drug dealer, bible hater, abortionist etc. etc.

As the fervency with which this bullshit is believed increases so does the "missionary zeal" of the true believer...and the dollars spent in that massive belief confirmation experiment.

Is Hillary Clinton a good person? WTF does that mean?

In politics t means an untested person who has not gone through the meat grinder of spins and lies. A person, for example, like Bernie Sanders who has not had this kind of treatment from the press so all the purity queens out there looking for their fantasy candidate actually believe (as they did with Nader and Obama) that they have found their transcendent figure who will illuminate their lives and make them proud again.

They are feeling the "bern" and hatting mommy...

Hillary Clinton is on the correct side of most issues. What many progressives don't seem to realize is that the world is not set up for a perfect "Ned Weeks" moment where your liberal hero strides in and makes an impassioned case for justice and reform and everyone listens, grows and learns.

The opposition to the well being of the middle and low income Americans is vast, unfeeling and uncompromising.

Hillary Clinton is the ONLY candidate even remotely equipped to handle that kind of opposition. She has the will and the ability. Frankly, Bernie Sanders only has the will and that will castrate any progressive change because a failed revolution takes its ideas down with it.

If that makes her a good person, then they answer is YES..

Ii

by Anonymousreply 45February 28, 2016 2:03 PM

R39 is lying about the emails. Typical. You can't trust anything derogatory about Hillary because the Repubs have spread so much dishonesty. It's a shame. The Republicans are the party of lies and deception.

by Anonymousreply 46February 28, 2016 2:04 PM

R46 You are absolutely correct; it absolutely should not have taken the spending of that much money to expose how incredibly corrupt, lawless and arrogant Hillary is.

by Anonymousreply 47February 28, 2016 2:09 PM

R46 Did you watch the hearing? What is it with these voters who refuse to even listen to her own defense of her actions?

by Anonymousreply 48February 28, 2016 2:09 PM

[quote]You do realize she might be recommended for indictment, correct?

Citation, please. Because the only people who "realize" such a thing are political naifs who want it to happen more than anything in the world.

by Anonymousreply 49February 28, 2016 2:10 PM

R49 It's called "The Law". As The FBI is currently investigating her, she may be recommended for indictment. And it's not looking good for her. Only if she has corrupt friends, will she be able to twist out of this one.

by Anonymousreply 50February 28, 2016 2:14 PM

Sometimes people think a good person needs to be naive, childlike, even stupid, but good person can also be smart. Hillary is smart.

by Anonymousreply 51February 28, 2016 2:18 PM

Give it up freeper or Bernbot (essentially the same thing), r50. Bernie WILL NOT be the nominee. Nothing you say will change that. Hillary will not be indicted by the Obama Justice Department, nor should she be for what is yet another Republican witch hunt against her.

by Anonymousreply 52February 28, 2016 2:22 PM

So amused to see the Saul Alinsky troll come out of retirement eight years after the last time no one listened to her.

by Anonymousreply 53February 28, 2016 2:26 PM

[quote] It's called "The Law". As The FBI is currently investigating her, she may be recommended for indictment.

LOL. In other words, you have no citation. You know why? BECAUSE SHE IS NOT UNDER CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION, WHICH MEANS SHE CAN'T BE INDICTED.

It's called "Reality." Try it some time.

by Anonymousreply 54February 28, 2016 2:28 PM

So this is what we have to put up with for the next 4 years if Hillary wins? Every criticism of her is either "sexism" or a "right wing conspiracy". Her supporters are making me not want to vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 55February 28, 2016 2:29 PM

[quote] Every criticism of her is either "sexism" or a "right wing conspiracy".

No, only the ones rooted in sexism or born out of the 3-decade right-wing project to smear her with anything that sticks.

[quote]Her supporters are making me not want to vote for her.

No one cares. Bye now.

by Anonymousreply 56February 28, 2016 2:32 PM

[quote]So this is what we have to put up with for the next 4 years if Hillary wins? Every criticism of her is either "sexism" or a "right wing conspiracy"

Virtually every negative thing said about her in this thread is about how she's a bitch (sexism) or it's all email and Benghazi talking points (right wing conspiracy).

by Anonymousreply 57February 28, 2016 2:38 PM

Seriously, R56. The Berbots think that every time they threaten to support the Republican instead of Hillary or sit out the election, we'll beg them to please please reconsider. No one cares. And Bernie will still not be the Dem nominee. Better luck next time.

by Anonymousreply 58February 28, 2016 2:40 PM

Hillary Clinton is a good person, OP.

by Anonymousreply 59February 28, 2016 2:40 PM

R59 To her daughter and grandchild, probably. That, I'd believe.

by Anonymousreply 60February 28, 2016 2:43 PM

[quote] The Berbots think that every time they threaten to support the Republican instead of Hillary or sit out the election, we'll beg them to please please reconsider.

No, that's not what they think or want at all.

What they do think is that if they say they'll vote Republican or not vote, by having that tantrum, they'll get YOU to switch and vote for Sanders because you'll figure that would be better than letting a Republican win.

It's a simple-minded, dumb, way of thinking... which considering the type of person that falls for Bernie's shit... it's appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 61February 28, 2016 2:52 PM

Me too, R60. Hillary is a good egg and we're lucky to have her.

You know that the Right Wing has nothing real on Hillary when their accusations are all lies.

by Anonymousreply 62February 28, 2016 2:52 PM

r45 has got it right -- this is a ridiculous topic to even be dominating the conversation. There are IMPORTANT fucking topics in the world and this is what we're going back and forth and back and forth about - her likability? It's the only subject Bernie supporters and Republicans can go on and on about because for the former Hillary's advocating basically everything Bernie is, only with actual plans how to get things done; and for the latter because they are literal piles of feces shaped into human forms that don't know no better. We can do better.

by Anonymousreply 63February 28, 2016 3:49 PM

[quote]good old fashion sexism.

Like the sexist insults the Obamunists lodged against Sarah Palin just like they did to Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 64February 28, 2016 3:54 PM

OP = Hillbot

by Anonymousreply 65February 28, 2016 4:02 PM

OBAMUNIST???? The English language would appreciate it if you got off of the internet, perhaps went for a long walk. Contemplate the flowers, fella.

by Anonymousreply 66February 28, 2016 4:02 PM

You first, R66.

by Anonymousreply 67February 28, 2016 4:10 PM

RR64; no, no, no. Hillary is brilliant. Sarah is really stupid. Put Hillary's speech after the SC primary which was meaningful and intelligent up against Sarah Palen's Gov.'s resignation speech, which was gibberish, and the difference is obvious. Never compare the two, it's silly to do so.

by Anonymousreply 68February 28, 2016 4:38 PM

A vote for any Democrat is a vote for the appeasement of Radical Islam.

by Anonymousreply 69February 28, 2016 4:41 PM

Oh for fuck's sake.

How terrified of Hillary Clinton are the online right wing shills? Or is it the extreme left wing this time?

Nixon? Really? I remember Mr. Nixon very well and there is absolutely nothing about Hillary Clinton that reminds me of him. There is also absolutely nothing I fear about a Hillary Clinton presidency. She has the best cv of anyone running and in Bill Clinton she has had the best political adviser in America for decades.

by Anonymousreply 70February 28, 2016 5:39 PM

I've known I am voting for her all along. But when I saw her sit in front of that ridiculous House Benghazi committee for ELEVEN HOURS (!?!?) , my respect for her grew.

It takes a person of incredible character to conduct themselves in the manner that she did that day.

She is going to sweep Super Tuesday and we will have our nominee. I've been able to exercise the Ignore feature to good effect in this thread too, so there's that.

I'm bracing myself for the vile ads they'll bombard us with for the next year. It will probably be worse than anything we've seen. Their party is over the hill and they know it, so they'll be pulling out all the stops.

by Anonymousreply 71February 28, 2016 7:02 PM

I've been a fan of her since the 90s when I saw her speak at my college when Bill first ran for president. I've even read a couple of her books.

I love her, and sincerely think she would be a *great* president. I think most people are actually threatened by the idea of her being a successful president. Yes, I do believe it has something to do with fact that she is female.

I had no idea so many lefties were dedicated misogynists. It's really quite revealing. They have issues, and need help. I hope they get it.

I'm automatically sending her a monthly contribution.

Her husband saved us from republican fascism. He did the best he could against some terrible, downright evil, forces. He could have done even more had they not been so committed to sabotaging him at every turn.

Anybody who says she's republican-lite is a moron. Those are the same dumbasses who got Dubya in the White House because Ralph Nader insisted there was no difference between repubs and Dems. Anyone who thinks a Gore presidency would have been as disastrous as Dubya's is smoking crack. In fact, Gore probably would have actually done something in response to the PDBs that warned of al Qaeda flying planes into the towers. 9/11 wouldn't have happened under a Gore presidency. That means no Iraqi war, and no ISIL.

by Anonymousreply 72February 28, 2016 8:43 PM

Hillary Clinton worked on legal and historical research for the impeachment of Richard M Nixon, as a young Democratic political activist, the year after she got her JD from Yale.

I've just spent the morning reading a Hillary Clinton bio. I wish these Bernie advocates that aren't going to vote for him in the general would read it, rather than blindly believing Reoublican propaganda about her.

She's been advocating for children's rights and welfare since she was in college. She helped found and chaired organizations to provide assistance for foster children aging out of the system, to take abused children away from parents, instead of sending them back to abusive parents, as the law favored at the time. She championed money for a civil law defense fund for the poor, she interned for child development research. She's been fighting for women, children and the poor since even before her law degree.

At Yale she organized to get more black students admitted and to address the concerns of existing students.

When Bill was climbing the ladder in Arkansas, she continued to do what she could for children's rights and other issues, as First Lady of Arkansas and before. She's headed one political activist group after another, starting at age 30.

All you ever hear about her is "big banks" and Wall Street. Look at her record. It isn't perfect. But Jesus Christ, I had no idea she'd done all that work for children and healthcare. She met Martin Luther King at age fifteen, with her liberal mom. Her dad was the conservative. She dropped out of the Republican Party because she thought they were racist.

She worked for McGovern, along with Bill. I've heard this described as, "she was just following along with her boyfriend." Far from it. Look what she did before that. She has her own record to stand on completely independent from Bill. She's been a big civil rights supporter since day one. No wonder she got so much black support in South Carolina.

Quit listening to lies and propaganda from Republican operatives. Hillary was an advocate for everybody that needed it back when Bernie was unheard of. And she was in positions of responsibility, running organizations and even founding them, very young.

Jimmy Carter appointed her to run a free legal services for the poor organization when she was 31.

I hope somebody brings her early bio to light. Bernie fans will be shocked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73February 28, 2016 8:44 PM

OP's post is an EST, right?

by Anonymousreply 74February 28, 2016 8:46 PM

Berniebros won't take a real look at Hillary until after Sanders leaves the race. Even then the younger ones will probably just ignore the election altogether because their boy didn't win. They're kids, they don't know any better yet.

by Anonymousreply 75February 28, 2016 8:48 PM

I think she does put on a great show, but behind the scenes she's a first class bitch.

by Anonymousreply 76February 28, 2016 9:00 PM

When all is said and done, she feels entitled to the job.

by Anonymousreply 77February 28, 2016 9:09 PM

R77, I doubt it. Hillary went through a loss in '08. She knows she's got to earn it. And she's working hard for the nomination! I hope she gets it!

by Anonymousreply 78February 28, 2016 9:20 PM

Agree with OP. Trump likely to be Repugnant nominee . He won't repudiate support by KKK and white supremists in general . Enough said? Ya think he is a friend to us????

If you still prefer The Don Wizard over Hillary.......who do you prefer the Devil you know (Hillary) over the Devil you don't know (The Don)?

by Anonymousreply 79February 28, 2016 9:28 PM

I disagree.

by Anonymousreply 80February 28, 2016 9:42 PM

[quote]When all is said and done, she feels entitled to the job.

What are you basing this on?

by Anonymousreply 81February 28, 2016 9:48 PM

Bile, R81?

by Anonymousreply 82February 28, 2016 9:50 PM

Well, kids:

First met Martin Luther King with her Methodist youth minister in 1962 (not her mother, my error) at a speech in Chicago

1968: Following the assassination of MLK, organized a student strike, and worked with Wellesley's black students to recruit more black students and faculty

1969: First student commencement speaker at Wellesley

At Yale, she served on the editorial board of the Yale Review of Law and Social Action. During her second year, she worked at the Yale Child Study Center, learning about new research on early childhood brain development

Took on cases of child abuse at Yale–New Haven Hospital and volunteered at New Haven Legal Services to provide free legal advice for the poor

In 1970 she worked for Senator Walter Mondale's Subcommittee on Migratory Labor. There she researched migrant workers' problems in housing, sanitation, health and education.

In 1970, campaigned for U.S. senate candidate Joseph Duffey

In 1971, she interned at the Oakland, California, law firm of Treuhaft, Walker and Burnstein. The firm was well known for its support of constitutional rights, civil liberties, and radical causes. Rodham worked on child custody and other cases

1973, got her law degree from Yale

1973: Rodham began a year of postgraduate study on children and medicine at the Yale Child Study Center. Her first scholarly article, "Children Under the Law", about children's rights, was published in the Harvard Educational Review. The article became frequently cited in the field.

Became staff attorney for Marion Wright Edelman's Children's Defense Fund, and as a consultant to the Carnegie Council on Children.

by Anonymousreply 83February 28, 2016 9:52 PM

1974: member of the Nixon impeachment staff

1974, Rodham became one of only two female faculty members in the School of Law at the University of Arkansas. She gave classes in criminal law, and was the first director of the school's legal aid clinic.

1977, joined the Rose Law Firm. She specialized in patent infringement and intellectual property law while also working pro bono in child advocacy.

1977: published "Children's Policies: Abandonment and Neglect"

1977: She co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families

1979: published "Children's Rights: A Legal Perspective" in 1979.

1978-1981: President Jimmy Carter (for whom Rodham had been the 1976 campaign director of field operations in Indiana) appointed her to the board of directors of the Legal Services Corporation.

1978-1980, she served as the first woman chair of that board. She stopped Reagan's attempts to cut funding.

by Anonymousreply 84February 28, 2016 9:53 PM

Uh oh.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 28, 2016 9:54 PM

First Lady of Arkansas 1979–1981, 1983–1992). Bill Clinton appointed her chair of the Rural Health Advisory Committee the same year, where she secured federal funds to expand medical facilities in Arkansas's poorest areas without affecting doctors' fees.

1979 First woman partner of Rose Law Firm.

1980: gave birth to Chelsea

During Bill Clinton's governorship, she fought a successful battle against the Arkansas Education Association to establish mandatory teacher testing and state standards for curriculum and classroom size.

1985, she introduced Arkansas's Home Instruction Program for Preschool Youth, a program that helps parents work with their children in preschool preparedness and literacy.

She was named Arkansas Woman of the Year in 1983 and Arkansas Mother of the Year in 1984.

by Anonymousreply 86February 28, 2016 9:57 PM

Rodham Clinton's finest hour. Women lie. All women who profess being raped by Bill are liars. I am a victim. But I am strong.

Hillary's Word Salad from the 1990s......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 28, 2016 9:59 PM

If she had a Southern folksy twang like Bush and her husband, she can be talking about nuclear secrets or rocket science and the American people would believe her and like her way more.

by Anonymousreply 88February 28, 2016 10:01 PM

While First Lady of Arkansas from 1979 -1981, and 1983 -1992, she led a task force that reformed Arkansas' public school system.

1982 -1988, Clinton was on the board of directors, sometimes as chair, of the New World Foundation, which funded a variety of New Left interest groups.

1987 -1991: she was the first chair of the American Bar Association's Commission on Women in the Profession, created to address gender bias in the legal profession and induce the association to adopt measures to combat it.

1988 & 1991: She was twice named by The National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers in America

1988-1992 Clinton served on the boards of the Arkansas Children's Hospital Legal Services

1985-1992: Chair of Children's Defense Fund

1985–1992: on the board of directors at TCBY

1986–1992: on the board of directors at Wal-mart. TCBY and Wal-Mart were Arkansas-based clients of Rose Law. Clinton was added, following pressure on chairman Sam Walton to appoint a female board member.

1990–1992: on the board of LaFarge.

by Anonymousreply 89February 28, 2016 10:01 PM

Impressive career.

by Anonymousreply 90February 28, 2016 10:03 PM

Bill Clinton elected President1992

Worked to pass Hillarycare in 1993 which failed

1997: Along with Senators Ted Kennedy and Orrin Hatch, she was a force behind the passage of the State Children's Health Insurance Program

She promoted nationwide immunization against childhood illnesses and encouraged older women to seek a mammogram to detect breast cancer, with coverage provided by Medicare.

She successfully sought to increase research funding for prostate cancer and childhood asthma at the National Institutes of Health. The First Lady worked to investigate reports of an illness that affected veterans of the Gulf War, which became known as the Gulf War syndrome.

In 1997 and 1999, she played a leading role in advocating the creation of the State Children's Health Insurance Program, the Adoption and Safe Families Act and the Foster Care Independence Act.

by Anonymousreply 91February 28, 2016 10:03 PM

Do you see why people are saying some of the attacks on her are misogynist?

What man has this type of resume and is running for President?

Do you see why her career is not just "Bill Clinton's coattails"? What man would be accused of that with this resume?

Her career is far from, "Wall Street Wall Street Wall Street." Look what's she's actually DONE with her life. .

by Anonymousreply 92February 28, 2016 10:09 PM

R91, please copy and save Hillary's accomplishments somewhere. Before the election, we will see "what has she ever done???" a bizzillion times, guarranteed, so it'll be nice having the answer readily available.

by Anonymousreply 93February 28, 2016 10:14 PM

Ahem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94February 28, 2016 10:17 PM

Greatest Hits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 28, 2016 10:18 PM

Together with Attorney General Janet Reno, Clinton helped create the Office on Violence Against Women at the Department of Justice.

1997: she initiated and shepherded the Adoption and Safe Families Act, which she regarded as her greatest accomplishment as First Lady.

In 1999, she was instrumental in the passage of the Foster Care Independence Act, which doubled federal monies for teenagers aging out of foster care.

1997: As First Lady, Clinton hosted numerous White House conferences, including ones on Child Care and Early Childhood Development and Learning.

2000: hosted White House Conferences Children and Adolescents (2000). She also hosted the first-ever White House Conference on Teenagers

1999: hosted the first-ever White House Conference on Philanthropy.

Clinton traveled to 79 countries and became most-traveled First Lady.

March 1995: five-nation trip to South Asia, on behest of the U.S. State Department and without her husband, sought to improve relations with India and Pakistan. She was well received.

September 1995: in a speech before the Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing, Clinton argued very forcefully against practices that abused women around the world and in the People's Republic of China itself, declaring that "it is no longer acceptable to discuss women's rights as separate from human rights". Delegates from over 180 countries heard her say: "If there is one message that echoes forth from this conference, let it be that human rights are women's rights and women's rights are human rights, once and for all." In doing so, she resisted both internal administration and Chinese pressure to soften her remarks.

by Anonymousreply 96February 28, 2016 10:19 PM

R96, listing her daily schedules of hosting events and traveling around is not evidence of accomplishments. You may think you are helping her cause but you are doing just the opposite. I am Hillary supporter, so please stop.

by Anonymousreply 97February 28, 2016 10:23 PM

[quote]Before the election, we will see "what has she ever done???" a bizzillion times, guarranteed, so it'll be nice having the answer readily available.

Why bother? Those who don't want to know her accomplishments won't bother to read a list either. They'd rather just keep pretending she's done nothing all the while ignoring that Sanders has done way less... as has every Republican nominee.

by Anonymousreply 98February 28, 2016 10:28 PM

Co-founder of Vital Voices, an international initiative sponsored by the United States to promote the participation of women in the political processes of their countries.

Founding Chair of the Save America's Treasures program, a national effort that matched federal funds to private donations to preserve and restore historic items and sites, including the flag that inspired "The Star-Spangled Banner" and the First Ladies Historic Site in Canton, Ohio.

2000: elected first female Senator from New York. First First Lady to run for Senate.

She forged alliances with religiously inclined senators by becoming a regular participant in the Senate Prayer Breakfast.

She served on five Senate committees: Committee on Budget (2001–2002),Committee on Armed Services (2003–2009),Committee on Environment and Public Works (2001–2009), Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (2001–2009) and Special Committee on Aging.She was also a member of the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe (2001–2009).

First female Senator from New York

First First Lady to run for Senate

First First Lady to run for President

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99February 28, 2016 10:29 PM

[quote] I am Hillary supporter, so please stop.

Bullshit, r97. This is you at r55:

[quote]Her supporters are making me not want to vote for her.

It's a shame you Bernie Bros are such a pack of liars.

by Anonymousreply 100February 28, 2016 10:34 PM

Working with New York's senior senator, Charles Schumer, she was instrumental in securing $21 billion in funding for the World Trade Center site's redevelopment. She subsequently took a leading role in investigating the health issues faced by 9/11 first responders.

In 2004 and 2006, Clinton voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment that sought to prohibit same-sex marriage.

Clinton won re-election on November 7, 2006, with 67 percent of the vote to Spencer's 31 percent, carrying all but four of New York's sixty-two counties.

As the financial crisis of 2007–2008 reached a peak with the liquidity crisis of September 2008, Clinton voted in favor of the $700 billion law that created the Troubled Asset Relief Program, saying that it represented the interests of the American people. It passed the Senate 74-25.

On January 20, 2007, she announced via her website the formation of a presidential exploratory committee for the United States presidential election of 2008, stating "I'm in, and I'm in to win."

by Anonymousreply 101February 28, 2016 10:35 PM

In mid-November 2008, President-elect Obama and Clinton discussed the possibility of her serving as U.S. Secretary of State in his administration. On December 1, 2008, President-elect Obama formally announced that Clinton would be his nominee for Secretary of State.

On January 21, 2009, Clinton was confirmed in the full Senate by a vote of 94–2. Clinton took the oath of office of Secretary of State and resigned from the Senate that same day. She became the first former First Lady to serve in the United States Cabinet.

October 2009: on a trip to Switzerland, Clinton's intervention overcame last-minute snags and saved the signing of an historic Turkish–Armenian accord that established diplomatic relations and opened the border between the two long-hostile nations. In Pakistan, she engaged in several unusually blunt discussions with students, talk show hosts, and tribal elders, in an attempt to repair the Pakistani image of the U.S.

2010: she helped organize a diplomatic isolation and international sanctions regime against Iran, in an effort to force curtailment of that country's nuclear program; this would eventually lead to the multinational Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action being agreed to in 2015.

by Anonymousreply 102February 28, 2016 10:42 PM

April 2011: During internal deliberations of the president's innermost circle of advisors over whether to order U.S. special forces to conduct a raid into Pakistan against Osama bin Laden, Clinton was among those who argued in favor, saying the importance of getting bin Laden outweighed the risks to the U.S. relationship with Pakistan.

In a speech before the United Nations Human Rights Council in December 2011, Clinton said that "Gay rights are human rights", and that the U.S. would advocate for gay rights and legal protections of gays abroad.

Clinton made the first visit to Burma by a U.S. secretary of state since 1955, as she met with Burmese leaders as well as opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi and sought to support the 2011 Burmese democratic reform.

Throughout her time in office, and in her final speech concluding it, Clinton viewed "smart power" as the strategy for asserting U.S. leadership and values – by combining military hard power with diplomacy and U.S. soft power capacities in global economics, development aid, technology, creativity, and human rights advocacy. As such, she became the first secretary of state to methodically implement the smart power approach.

by Anonymousreply 103February 28, 2016 10:47 PM

Moreover, in a formulation that became known as "the Hillary Doctrine", she viewed women's rights as critical for U.S. security interests, due to a link between the level of violence against women and gender inequality within a state and the instability and challenge to international security of that state.

In turn, there was a trend of women around the world finding more opportunities, and in some cases feeling safer, as the result of her actions and visibility.

Clinton visited 112 countries during her tenure, making her the most widely traveled Secretary of State.

by Anonymousreply 104February 28, 2016 10:49 PM

Thank you poster for the facts on Hillary. Those foolish enough to consider the facts on her resume get what they deserve . Are you all so mysogynistic that you blow her off out of hand because she doesn't have a penis? Apparently that is so.

So she is bashed because Monica blew Bill in the Oval Office and Hillary stuck with him?

Many happy returns with Trimp/Rubio:/Cruz the biggest homophobes ever......you hate Hillary ? You don't want her to be prez? Be careful what you wish for or who you vote for because you just might get it

by Anonymousreply 105February 28, 2016 10:53 PM

Fascinating that a Bernie supporter wants to stop people from knowing about Hillary's record.

Ask yourself, would you rather have a person with this depth and breadth of experience as President, or Donald Trump? They're not even in the same class, and you know it.

This is an example of the old expression Fred Astaire said about Ginger Rogers, "She did the same thing, only backwards and in high heels."

How can this person possibly be less qualified than Marco Rubio or Trump?

by Anonymousreply 106February 28, 2016 10:53 PM

Perhaps her greatest accomplishment is giving hope to functioning ( and not so functioning) alcoholics everywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 28, 2016 11:12 PM

I get the tactic to try to humanize her and make her seem more trustworthy, but let's not whitewash her penchant for power and money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 28, 2016 11:15 PM

She is not an insider in the top circle but is their worker. She is on watch, right now and might be punished and "cut-off" from the family. She is vulnerable to this because she works for them. So was Jeb and Rubio. Sanders and Trump are out of their grasp and they hate it.

by Anonymousreply 109February 28, 2016 11:18 PM

I know several people who've met Hillary. They don't deny she's brilliant and hard-working; however, she is NOT a nice person. Bill is nice...everyone who comes into contact with him loves the guy. Hillary on the other hand is very focused and as introverted as her husband is extroverted. She has to dig deep to turn up the charm, and it's hard for her to do without coming across as inauthentic.

A few people met her when she was First Lady. Others when she was a senator. A few when she was Secretary of State. She can be demanding and isn't afraid to yell at others or dismiss people she deems as inferior. Bill is a yeller to, but unlike his wife, he's not as prone to holding grudges. Anyway, Hillary only cares about 3 people: herself, Chelsea and her granddaughter. She has a great deal of affection for Huma Abedin as well, but despite the years of constant ass-kissing, Huma often gets her ass handed to her in public by Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 110February 28, 2016 11:24 PM

When she was at the Rose Law Firm, Wal-Mart was one of their clients. They were being criticized in the press for not having a woman on their board. So Rose Law Firm provided an attorney to be on their board, Hillary. She did that for another Rose client as well.

You think that's bad, I know a paralegal at an international law firm that helped create international subsidiaries. It was part of her job to get attorneys of the firm in that country, to find potential board members for corporations that needed another member. Some of them ended up being attorneys that worked in-country. They just needed another warm body to meet their legal obligations.

It's not uncommon.

by Anonymousreply 111February 28, 2016 11:26 PM

R109, you are correct but she might actually be inside the circle now.

by Anonymousreply 112February 28, 2016 11:36 PM

R110, I think it's pretty obvious that Hillary is an introvert and a hard-driving person. I think it's true about Bill as you describe when he was younger, but since his heart surgery he's had some public outbursts of irritability. That's a common side effect of that type of surgery. He's probably coasting in part, on his previous reputation of affability.

As far as Hillary's temperament is concerned, look not at the candidate but the job. The next President is going to spend the next four years fighting Republicans in Congress tooth and nail. They can't be a cream puff.

Republicans in Congress that have worked with her speak of her respectfully. I think that's because she's tough and they know it. They respect nothing else. They didn't respect Obama, in part, because he was too civil with them. I think if he'd yelled a bit behind closed doors, or at least fought them harder, they might have respected him more. That's what they understand.

by Anonymousreply 113February 28, 2016 11:49 PM

Yeah.. Hillary's a bitch and not nice! Then again you probably would be too after 20+ years of constant attacks, wouldn't you?

by Anonymousreply 114February 29, 2016 12:04 AM

President Hillary Rodham Clinton.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 115February 29, 2016 12:18 AM

[quote]When she was at the Rose Law Firm, Wal-Mart was one of their clients. They were being criticized in the press for not having a woman on their board. So Rose Law Firm provided an attorney to be on their board, Hillary. She did that for another Rose client as well.

[quote]You think that's bad,

I don't, actually. Why do you?

by Anonymousreply 116February 29, 2016 12:31 AM

[quote] It's a shame you Bernie Bros are such a pack of liars.

He may be a Berniebro or he may be a Rethuglican shit-stirrer. It's almost impossible to tell them apart these days.

by Anonymousreply 117February 29, 2016 12:41 AM

[quote] I know several people who've met Hillary.

[quote] A few people met her when she was First Lady. Others when she was a senator. A few when she was Secretary of State.

No, you don't know people who have met her, you obvious and miserable fucking liar.

Yes, Bill is more outwardly charismatic and easy to get to know. He's more of a crowd person.

What people who actually know or have met Hillary say about her is that they are surprised at her warmth and humor. The right wing has painted the same horrible picture of her that R110 (a right wing shill) tries to paint. The reality of what she's like is very, very different. She is more reserved publicly than Bill, as is most of the human race. Privately, Hillary is a lovely, caring, easy-going person. Does that mean she can't be a strong boss when it's required? No. It means that she isn't the cold, calculating cunt that Republican assholes like R110 try to make her out to be.

This is the problem the Rethuglicans have with Hillary - they've been attacking her and lying about her for so many years that we've heard it all before and we know they're lying.

by Anonymousreply 118February 29, 2016 12:51 AM

R118 is absolutely right about Hillary. The lies about her are unreal. There's a reason why GOP senators ended up really liking her and were willing to work with her and it wasn't cause she was some conservative.

Cannot wait to see her sworn in as President. Not just because I believe she'll be a great president but I will take great satisfaction at wiping the smug off the faces of those fools who have tried to tear her down for over 20 years. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 119February 29, 2016 1:25 AM

Not lies at all, asshole cheering someone at a campaign event or fundraiser is far different from working directly with her. There's the distinction...the Hillary you describe is he one people profess to meeting at town halls and private events. Of course she's going to be on her best behavior.

The people I know have worked for the White House, Capitol Hill and the State Department. I stand by what I said. She's brilliant and gets things done, but she's NOT nice. But it doesn't matter, because in the world we live in we don't need a leader who's nice and she's the only competent person in the race.

by Anonymousreply 120February 29, 2016 1:34 AM

R116, I don't think it's bad either. What I meant is, people think Hillary is Satan because she was on the Wal-Mart board.

The person I know who helped set up corporations, would find virtually any random lawyer or qualified business person that was willing to be a warm body on a board, just because they needed one more for whatever reason. That person wasn't running the company or making decisions for the company, they were just sitting in the chair. There's a legal requirement to have a certain number of people. Not everybody has that many of the right kind of qualified people, so if you needed it, the law firm would throw you one more.

Hillary was a partner at Rose Law Firm. It's not like she desperately needed to be on that board. She had a day job. Contrary to what you think, board members aren't usually getting a ton of money out of it. They meet a few times a year, and get paid for the meetings only.

Hillary was what they call a "rainmaker" for Rose, that means somebody that does a lot of billing. ("Billing" - a law firm is charging clients by the hour because a lawyer is doing legal work for the client). As an attorney, you have to bill a certain amount or you lose your job. A "rainmaker" - a treasure. She was making good money for both them and herself. She made more than Bill until he was President.

Wal-Mart needed a woman and she was a woman. Wal-Mart was their client. Presto, Wal-Mart had a woman.

That's why Wal-Mart hired Rose, to take care of legal problems for them. Wal-Mart is the company store in Arkansas. They are all the money in Little Rock, period. If Rose had them, then Rose is #1 in Arkansas. That's how big they are. Nobody turns down their work.

Bernie Sanders is acting like Hillary was evilly, Satanically running Wal-Mart. I expect the BernieBros don't know how to legally incorporate a company, and I know Bernie's not a lawyer, but this is just another reason why lawyers should run governments. You should know how things work and why people do what they do. People don't realize what a big deal it is to run the government and make laws. You have to understand how laws work. You can't just "hire somebody else to know" like Trump says.

by Anonymousreply 121February 29, 2016 5:46 AM

[quote] the Hillary you describe is he one people profess to meeting at town halls and private events. Of course she's going to be on her best behavior.

No, R120, this is from people who personally know her and have worked with her and also those who socialize with her. There are plenty of people here in DC and in NY who know her and like her. I doubt she changed from what she was like in Arkansas.

Similarly I know people who worked with and for Michelle Obama in Chicago. She does not get high grades unfortunately.

But you continue with your fantasy world where everyone hates Hillary. It is irrelevant to the rest of the world.

by Anonymousreply 122February 29, 2016 6:14 AM

OP, keep these over-the-hill Hill threads coming. Every day, as many as possible. Expend extraordinary efforts to promote your candidate so that when she loses, those of us who have had to endure the harangue can have the last HARDY LAUGH at your monumental wasted efforts.

by Anonymousreply 123February 29, 2016 6:23 AM

President Hillary Rodham Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 124February 29, 2016 6:29 AM

Hilary the Loser

I'm excited about that!

by Anonymousreply 125February 29, 2016 6:31 AM

We're not going to really know Hillary's true nature until she's in the water and we see if she floats. It's a simple test.

by Anonymousreply 126February 29, 2016 7:43 AM

Yo! Al! Get those boulders ready! Clinton's gonna do the float test!

by Anonymousreply 127February 29, 2016 7:46 AM

[quote]OP, keep these over-the-hill Hill threads coming. Every day, as many as possible. Expend extraordinary efforts to promote your candidate so that when she loses, those of us who have had to endure the harangue can have the last HARDY LAUGH at your monumental wasted efforts.

Boy, do you ever reek of desperation.

by Anonymousreply 128February 29, 2016 11:26 AM

Are you saying that with a straight face, OP?

I will hold my nose and vote for her as the alternative is far worse, but Clinton is just another vile, self-serving politician. Stop kidding yourself.

by Anonymousreply 129February 29, 2016 11:29 AM

R128 What? What? What was that, Hillbot?

by Anonymousreply 130February 29, 2016 11:35 AM

[quote] HARDY LAUGH

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 131February 29, 2016 11:41 AM

R131

Hardy: strong, bold, or capable of prevailing through tough conditions.

The usage is correct.

by Anonymousreply 132February 29, 2016 11:57 AM

[quote]What? What? What was that, Hillbot?

I'm sorry that I said you reek of desperation. In fact, you reek of FRANTIC desperation.

Seriously. You might want to scale back on the political talk. You sound a little crazy.

by Anonymousreply 133February 29, 2016 11:59 AM

r132: Hearty: of a person or their behavior) loudly vigorous and cheerful.

Your usage is laughably incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 134February 29, 2016 12:00 PM

[quote] R129: ... but (so-and-so) is just another vile, self-serving politician.

What is your problem with politicians? They're people too.

I think the general populace has been brainwashed into thinking all politicians are bad, when they are just people, and many do good work.

by Anonymousreply 135February 29, 2016 3:40 PM

It could be noted that someone's laugh is hardy if they have a lung condition, so I will accept it as valid.

by Anonymousreply 136February 29, 2016 3:48 PM

I never thought that I would live to see a female President of the US. God, I hope it happens. Hillary isn't perfect but she's the most qualified for the job. I also think that she has the best temperament. You have to be tough to get legislation passed but you also have to know the meaning of the word "compromise".

Another reason I want her to win: I will enjoy seeing the look on the Republicans faces. The woman that they have villified, lied about and harassed for years will get the last laugh. It will be beautiful. Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 137February 29, 2016 4:17 PM

[quote]Another reason I want her to win: I will enjoy seeing the look on the Republicans faces.

I think I'll much more enjoy the faces of the Bern Bros.

by Anonymousreply 138February 29, 2016 8:37 PM

The BernieBros will be lying at home in bed with their Comfort Animals. You won't see a thing.

I know BernieBros think this is horrible, but I think Hillary could get some Republican crossover votes. That's because there are some Republicans who would prefer to vote for a sane person, especially the older ones. There were crossover votes for Obama in 2008 for the same reason.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some moderate Republican Senators or Governors endorse her, if it's Trump. This year is weird all the way around.

by Anonymousreply 139February 29, 2016 8:49 PM

[quote] Part of why I like Hillary is that she is campaigning on a more realistic platform than Bernie, or anyone, actually. It makes me feel that she's making an effort to be honest with the voters, whereas ALL the other candidates are promising pie in the sky that will never get through Congress,

Bernie wants a $15 minimum wage. Me too. Hillary is saying $12. More realistic.

Bernie is campaigning on free community college, Hillary wants to revise the entire loan structure to make borrowing more affordable. More realistic.

Has she ever lied? She gave an honest answer. It was awkward, but honest.

Etc. Despite what reputation the Republicans have tried to stick her with, she really is quite honest.

by Anonymousreply 140March 2, 2016 11:57 PM

"I know BernieBros think this is horrible, but I think Hillary could get some Republican crossover votes."

I agree. Such as the Koch Brothers.

by Anonymousreply 141March 3, 2016 12:05 AM

R126 She'll just throw one of her under-staff in and when they sink.

by Anonymousreply 142March 3, 2016 12:08 AM

I've never seen a more delusional OP.

by Anonymousreply 143March 3, 2016 12:47 AM

I am concerned about Hillary's health.

by Anonymousreply 144March 3, 2016 1:52 AM

You are delusional OP.

No one gets to be in Hillary's position by being a "good person."

You get there by throwing your competitors under the bus and clawing your way to the top. That's doubly true if you were not born into wealth or power.

And to stay at that level for 25+ years? That doesn't happen by being a "good person." It happens by being a ruthless SOB.

by Anonymousreply 145March 3, 2016 1:59 AM

I love her. So smart and accomplished. She will be a great President!

by Anonymousreply 146March 3, 2016 3:09 AM

She's in deep shit. Given that the NY Times has basically become the in-house paper for the Clinton campaign, if they're running this story, things are bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147March 3, 2016 3:13 AM

I think she's a good person in the sense that she actually cares about the world, about making things better for people besides herself. I don't know about "nice." maybe. I think she's perfectly capable of being demeaning or angry or nasty to staff, if they let her down. and she probably was awful to women she thought were lying about her husband, including the ones who actually were getting fucked by him. but I don't think she's particularly nasty to people in general. and after 25 years of constant attacks, no doubt she's pretty guarded and has trouble trusting anyone.

but as a voter, I'm more concerned about whether she wants to create a better world, and I think she does. Trump, Cruz, and Rubio truly don't give a shit about anything but making rich people happier, and maybe some Christian or gun nut bullshit, but nothing that would actually make the world better.

Bernie may be the best of all of them, but it's going to be Hillary versus some Republican, and she'll definitely be the better person in that matchup.

by Anonymousreply 148March 3, 2016 3:35 AM

Over-the-hill Hill is NOT a good person. She's a politician. Politicians are NOT good people.

by Anonymousreply 149March 3, 2016 3:38 AM

I disagree, R149. Hillary is great. A lot of politicians work in their jobs to help people, and are great people. It's a lie Reagan started by saying that the government is the problem. A stupid statement for stupid people.

by Anonymousreply 150March 3, 2016 3:43 AM

R149, Then let's vote for Scarlett Johansen. She's not a politician. She'll have no idea what's she's doing, but all politicians are bad, right?

Or Kim Kardashian, she's not a politician. Chris Rock. Alec Baldwin. Ray Romano. My hairdresser is pretty nice...

by Anonymousreply 151March 3, 2016 3:44 AM

R150 R151 Hillbots working overtime extrapolating a simple response to the nth degree of ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 152March 3, 2016 3:50 AM

"Nice" Hillary and the young black woman she brushed off in Minnesota on Tuesday. Read the faces yourself.

The black girl not buying Hill's two-faced bullshit, and Hill wishing she could send the overseer to whip her. Too many people watching I guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153March 3, 2016 4:04 AM

the horror, the horror! R153. how could she? what a monster!

by Anonymousreply 154March 3, 2016 4:07 AM

What the fuck did the Sanders frau do? I saw she was trending on twitter and it seems like she made some comments to Chris Hayes that could be construed to be racist. But all the BernBots are in meltdown about Frau Sanders being attacked by Hillary Clinton... attacks of which I can find no trace.

The BernBots are all working themselves into a frenzy. Apparently, all by themselves because I didn't see any tweets defending Hillary. These are very bizarre people.

by Anonymousreply 155March 3, 2016 4:22 AM

I hardly think she's evil. Trustworthy? Well, it's all relative in politics and life. That said, I'm voting for her--and glad to have her as a candidate and (I hope) our president.

by Anonymousreply 156March 3, 2016 4:25 AM

Bernie's a great guy with awesome ideas. but here's what's going to happen. Hillary will win the nomination and 99 percent of Democrats will be fine with that and will vote for her against the asshole the Republicans vomit up, almost certainly Trump. but that 1 percent will be as hysterical and embarrassing as the PUMAs were in 2008. it'll be stupid and will completely not matter.

by Anonymousreply 157March 3, 2016 4:26 AM

That it has to be debated says it all.

by Anonymousreply 158March 11, 2016 6:56 AM

She's a loving and loyal person to her friends. Unfortunately, those friends are the super rich, corporate America, and Wall Street.

by Anonymousreply 159March 11, 2016 8:24 AM

I don't understand why she arrogantly flicks her hand at any questions about her being investigated by The FBI, as if no one dare have the right to ask her about it. She does realize Republicans will not be handling her with kid gloves, right? She does realize that this is a gentle preview of something that will not go away in the general election?

If she can't politely handle those on her side asking public questions about it, how will she handle those asking her about it who have no interest in protecting her? Loretta Lynch can't cover for her, forever.

by Anonymousreply 160March 11, 2016 9:13 AM

[quote]how will she handle those asking her about it who have no interest in protecting her?

Go watch the Benghazi hearings for an answer.

by Anonymousreply 161March 11, 2016 10:36 AM

R161 Yeah: She's going to lose. Joking about "come see my Katy Perry thing after this is done!" after the parents of those who's children were killed in Benghazi are informed that she lied to them -- that Chelsea knew exactly what happened, per an email from Mommy shortly after the report came back of the Benghazi deaths, while Hillary pretended to parents that she didn't know -- won't play well outside her ring of worshipers at their goddess' temple.

by Anonymousreply 162March 11, 2016 12:06 PM

r162, you are delusional if you think your Benghazi fantasies have any play with the public. It's a totally dead issue.

by Anonymousreply 163March 11, 2016 12:55 PM

I think HIllary's done a good job modulating her public persona since Bill left office -- she's taken on a nicer, more comforting tone. I don't think that's who she really is, but I don't care -- she's smart and she's tough and she knows how to negotiate with Republicans. She's certainly more pragmatic than Bernie. I think that's a good thing, but her supporters should know that she's not going to govern as a liberal firebrand. I wouldn't be surprised if her Supreme Court nominee disappoints a number of liberal constituencies.

I've been listening to Bernie for years on the Thom Hartmann radio program and I really like him. If Presidents could change policies with the stroke of a pen rather than have to work through Congress, he'd be my first choice. But I don't think he'd be able to accomplish any of what he proposes -- and it wouldn't just be lawmakers battling him, the vast majority of Americans will balk when they learn the full cost of his programs. Still, in the unlikely event he wins the nomination, I will happily pull the lever for him.

by Anonymousreply 164March 11, 2016 1:47 PM

Yeah, R160, Hillary has been asked about Benghazi in front of Congress twice. The last time was 11 hours, and the questioner was about to have a stroke (Trey Goudy) as he was sweating so much. She's been mistreated this way for 30 years, and nothing has ever been found.

You should watch the hearing, then read about the which hunt against her in the 1990s. Those of us old enough to remember will know that this is just political nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 165March 11, 2016 2:34 PM

She is a war criminal who destroyed Libya, armed ISIS and Al CIA/Queda thru Benghazi, organized the murder of that dude in Benghazi, The Clinton Body Count.

She's a warmongering terrorist, OP, you fucking ignorant cuntbag. Please shoot yourself so my day will be better. Fucking idiot sheep/cuntface.

by Anonymousreply 166March 11, 2016 3:09 PM

r166, you seem to be suggesting that she has had a somewhat checkered past.

by Anonymousreply 167March 12, 2016 5:58 AM

Clinton "destroyed Libya"? Didn't President Obama have any responsibility for actions taken by members of his cabinet on his watch? Did he have any input in the decision making, or was Hillary Clinton's first term in 2008?

First people claim everything that happened during Bill Clinton's terms was her personal responsibility and she had the power to overrule anything Bill said or did as President. Now she was controlling President Obama during his presidency.

What man has ever been held to that standard? FDR's Secretary of State is responsible for WWII, Eleanor Roosevelt was responsible for every political blunder made during FDR's four terms? Mamie is responsible for Vietnam? Nancy is responsible for "voodoo economics"? That's your standard of responsibility?

What ever happened to, "The Buck Stops Here"?

by Anonymousreply 168March 13, 2016 4:34 PM

Go Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 169April 18, 2016 7:12 PM

Oh, it feels good to laugh again!! Thank you, OP, I could use a chuckle today!

by Anonymousreply 170April 18, 2016 7:13 PM

R17 is obviously a homo

by Anonymousreply 171April 18, 2016 7:24 PM

HRC has stamina. The GOP has bashed her constantly since the early 90s'. She testified for11 hours straight before the Benghazi Committee and held her own. She is regularly accused of dispicable acts that have little to no evidence. She is attacked by Bern Bros and friends in a rude way. She is held to standards way above other politicians.

I will vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 172April 18, 2016 7:28 PM

HRC's got balls the size of which Bernie, Trump & Cruz can only dream about.

by Anonymousreply 173April 18, 2016 8:21 PM

Hillary has some deep deep issues to overcome. Big announcement coming April 23.

by Anonymousreply 174April 21, 2016 3:22 AM

And thanks to the hot sauce, she tastes extra spicy! Yummmmm!!!

by Anonymousreply 175April 21, 2016 3:38 AM

Rude to employees, waving of hands, dismissing rudely - when did the topic turn to BERNIE SANDERS? Cause he owns that thread as one verifiable major prick of a human being.

The trash talk about HIls came from her years as First Lady, allegedly it was "From a Secret Service agent." It has long been discredited by Snopes as being written by hack repukes. You don't get to be Secretary of State by behaving like an ass - which is why Bernie has been nothing but, and forever shall remain - a back bencher.

Hillary's good works speak for her character, CHIPS, NYState Health Clinics for Low income citizens, realizing and creating legislation to provide First Responders Health Care, something that had never been done in similar crisis before.

Her Phenomenal Small works that follow her passions are simply wonderful. She organized funding to purchase and create a memorial from Harriet Tubmans home in NY, thereafter she has long advocated for putting Tubman on the 20$ Bill, and she quoted her in the '08 race in a very memorable concession speech. The fact that she is elevating someone like "Mikey Likes It Ice Cream" will give this man phenomenal business.

Now every speech she stands up against the NRA - and is the ONLY candidate to take on that MONSTROUS Lobby. Then there is her lifetime work supporting Women's Right to Choose/ Reproductive Freedom. Now she gives enormous visibility to the mothers of young women, teens, all people of color that have been victimized by systemic racism.

She lifted NYC up out of the heap of smoldering bodies and twisted metal after 9/11. Bush and the GOP saw no reason to give this city a DIME to rebuild. So after Hil's spent a day walking the line of families hysterically seeking missing family members - praying with them and comforting them. - she got BUSY. Went right to DC and asked that idiot Bush for money to rebuild 20 Billion. NYC had nothing and was going to get nothing - Subways and Commuter train stations were decimated, streets destroyed, Fire/Police equipment annihilated, major communications were vaporized atop the WTC - nothing. HIllary, Senator Hillary Clinton went with Schumer and asked that clown for money to help our City. SHE REBUILT this City and ultimately the Nation, because without Wall Street - we were finished with an economy paralyzed. And then she got healthcare for the First Responders.

So there is far more to Madam President Hillary Clinton that sexist misogynistic Stereo types. She is pretty awesome to me. We will be lucky to have her looking out for us.

So really I may know her - but I KNOW where her heart lies - and that is pretty awesome to me. Her work speaks for itself.

by Anonymousreply 176April 21, 2016 4:33 AM

The clinton's lie

They lie about lying.

They even lie about lying about lying.

by Anonymousreply 177April 21, 2016 4:38 AM

As Bill might say, "Define good. Define person." And, by the way, I voted for her in the NY primary and plan to vote for her in the general election. Best of a mainly bad lot--better than some others we've had in the office in my lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 178April 21, 2016 4:43 AM

I admire her, but let's be honest, she would be a horrible President.

by Anonymousreply 179April 21, 2016 4:47 AM

Since we're being honest - she will be a fantastic president

by Anonymousreply 180April 21, 2016 5:17 AM

R176 here I lived every moment of my statement, so you clueless nabobs can STFU

by Anonymousreply 181April 21, 2016 5:21 AM

Not that any of you care what I think, but I think she has a flaw that's very common among very very smart people, which is that she tends to think she needs to dumb things down when talking to anyone else (like, say, Congress) (and with the House that's a reasonable belief). I think that's why people think she's untrustworthy - she doesn't lie, but her attitude is, "Don't worry, you don't need to know all this, leave it to the smart people like me."

I think she'd be a very capable president. I think she wants the job not because she's power-hungry but because she genuinely thinks she can serve the country. But she would surround herself with other very very smart people, who usually have a very limited perspective, and she would forget all about the mass of Americans she's serving, and so I think she'd have to be kept on her toes. I'm hoping the Bernie people will do that.

by Anonymousreply 182April 21, 2016 5:30 AM

Bitches get shit done. Love her.

by Anonymousreply 183April 21, 2016 6:57 AM

These weirdly-titled threads are why I wish the primaries were over and we can all join in our hatred of the pugs.

by Anonymousreply 184April 21, 2016 8:46 AM

I like her and am looking forward to voting for her.

by Anonymousreply 185April 21, 2016 1:30 PM

If only she was here.

by Anonymousreply 186October 30, 2017 1:52 PM

Stop resurrecting old threads to try to make it about Hillary, troll.

by Anonymousreply 187October 30, 2017 2:12 PM

She's not a good person. She's a loser. A two-time loser. A whinging two-time loser.

by Anonymousreply 188October 30, 2017 2:16 PM

Hilary is nice? She is still salty after 1 year of her humiliating loss

by Anonymousreply 189October 30, 2017 2:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190October 30, 2017 2:17 PM

[quote]If only she was here.

Obvious troll is obvious. This is the second year-old thread he's resurrected this morning. He's desperately trying to change the subject.

by Anonymousreply 191October 30, 2017 2:29 PM

She comes across as smart, empathetic, and experienced. Everyone I know who has personally spoken to her talks about how she draw you in. She doesn't come across so great in her big speeches but does so one on one.

So so sad that America chose the creep instead

by Anonymousreply 192October 30, 2017 5:34 PM

Needs to be heard.

by Anonymousreply 193March 13, 2018 4:42 AM

Thank you, R192. Exactly what everyone I know who has worked with her or for her or just interacted with her has always said.

This was a great loss to our country and the world. Damn crying shame.

by Anonymousreply 194March 13, 2018 4:55 AM

Same here.

by Anonymousreply 195March 13, 2018 1:21 PM

Yep. Damn crying shame.

by Anonymousreply 196March 14, 2018 12:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!