Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why is White Josh dating an old guy?!?

He's young, white, and buff. He can have anyone he wants. Why would he choose an old out of shape guy? You can do so much better White Joshua. You have options, especially as a personal trainer. So many hot gymbros to choose from. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 36November 10, 2018 2:14 AM

How much have you had to drink OP?

by Anonymousreply 1February 24, 2016 2:51 AM

I didn't see the full episode last nite, White Josh and Rebecca's boss?! How on earth did they write that fiction?!

by Anonymousreply 2February 24, 2016 2:56 AM

It's a puzzle. The rest of the show is so realistic .

by Anonymousreply 3February 24, 2016 2:58 AM

My DVR cut off the last few minutes. Did something happen that I didn't see because there was no indication I saw that they were anything more than friends.

White Josh gave him a friendly kiss on the cheek a few weeks ago but Rebecca's boss is still figuring out whether he's gay or bisexual or what.

by Anonymousreply 4February 24, 2016 3:02 AM

Would you go to White Josh as a personal trainer? Dude doesn't seem to know what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 5February 24, 2016 4:40 AM

[quote] White Josh gave him a friendly kiss on the cheek a few weeks ago but Rebecca's boss is still figuring out whether he's gay or bisexual or what.

White Josh gave him the kiss in the last episode, and yes it was just friendly. Rebecca's boss has figured out and announced he's bisexual in the last episode. If White Josh was already out to the viewing audience, I guess I'd forgotten it. But I like that White Josh is gay. It's a show for women and gay men, so it's appropriate they don't have an all-het cast. And not a safe lesbian, or milquetoast stereotype like on Walking Dead, White Josh is one of the hottest guys on the show.

by Anonymousreply 6February 25, 2016 1:15 AM

White Josh is also Logan on The Middle - he was the Abercrombie model that Sue tried to go to prom with.

by Anonymousreply 7February 25, 2016 1:41 AM

[quote] If White Josh was already out to the viewing audience, I guess I'd forgotten it.

He said something this week like "I don't feel like I have to talk about being gay all the time because everyone knows and it's not a big deal."

I don't think it was ever stated or implied he was gay before that friendly kiss but he was never with a woman either, so it was a reveal/official confirmation for the audience.

I kind of like that though, backdooring it in like that. :) Some people might call it homophobic to not make a big deal out of him coming out and to not have him be feminine and stereotypical and obvious, but there are lots of gay people out there who aren't necessarily closeted but can still have straight friends and have other interests like fitness and sports.

by Anonymousreply 8February 25, 2016 5:29 AM

White Josh is also on The Middle? Totally didn't realize that.

by Anonymousreply 9February 25, 2016 5:54 AM

How could White Josh also be on The Middle? Two places at once?

by Anonymousreply 10February 25, 2016 7:42 AM

I've only watched 3 or 4 episodes but so far theres no indication that he's gay. Either they wanted to emphasis that being gay is no big deal or they just hadn't decided what to do with him yet.

by Anonymousreply 11February 25, 2016 7:58 AM

That's because he was supposed to be a one-off joke character. He was a throwaway character to make the "White Josh" joke. Just like Fat Haley was a one-off joke character. But then he became popular with viewers so they brought him back as a recurring character. He can't even sing so now they're stuck with this actor.

If they had decided to have this character from the beginning, they probably would have casted differently - someone who could sing and someone who was more stereotypically gay and femme.

by Anonymousreply 12February 25, 2016 8:06 AM

[quote]Why is White Josh dating an old guy?!?

OP, to quote the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend theme song:

(S)he's so broken insiiiiide!

by Anonymousreply 13February 25, 2016 8:26 AM

David Hull is a musical theatre performer so he can sing.

by Anonymousreply 14February 25, 2016 8:42 AM

It's pretty obvious this cast has been chosen for their singing and dancing abilities rather than their looks or their chemistry with one another. They're not an unattractive cast but they're not spectacular either. White Josh is very buff but his head is ordinary. If he couldn't sing or dance they would have just picked a better looking buff guy. Same goes for Josh's gf who is nowhere near as hot as they keep pretending she is.

by Anonymousreply 15February 25, 2016 10:38 AM

The ability to sing and dance well is sexy in and of itself.

by Anonymousreply 16February 25, 2016 10:44 AM

White Josh was ok in the Group Hang musical number.

by Anonymousreply 17February 25, 2016 10:57 AM

Never watched the show. Please tell me white josh isn't the tiny dick asian dude.

by Anonymousreply 18February 25, 2016 10:59 AM

Go away, racist at R18. We don't need you watching this show. Your racist support is unwanted. F&F.

by Anonymousreply 19February 25, 2016 11:51 AM

R18 of course White Josh is white, that's why he's called White Josh.

White Josh was also a chorus boy in The Sound of Music Live! starring DL fave Carrie Underwood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 25, 2016 8:12 PM

R20, why are you even dignifying R18 with a response?? Maybe birds of a feather flock together.

by Anonymousreply 21February 25, 2016 11:40 PM

How many of the guys on the show are officially out of the closet?

by Anonymousreply 22February 26, 2016 9:24 AM

I finally watched an episode and it's pretty funny. Thanks, DL.

by Anonymousreply 23February 27, 2016 8:23 PM

I'm not in the states but I love this show. Is it rating ok? I'd hate for it not to be renewed.

by Anonymousreply 24February 27, 2016 9:21 PM

Ratings are terrible and it's expected to get cancelled. She won the Golden Globe though, maybe there's some hope it'll be picked up by a streaming network?

by Anonymousreply 25February 27, 2016 10:11 PM

Thanks r25, i thought that might be the case. The audience for this sort of show is small. And although the cast are ten times more talented than just about every one else on TV, they aren't conventionally "hollywood" enough. The lead is chubby, the love interest is Asian, his rival is part Latino, part Italian, the hottest guy on the show is gay and Rebecca's bff is over 40. Apart from the overbearing Jewish mother, there's barely a stereotype among them, which must be baffling for your average TV viewer. Now if they looked like the cast of friends while singing off key it would rate through the roof.

by Anonymousreply 26February 28, 2016 12:42 AM

I hope they let them know in time before they film the final episodes. Marrying Josh might as well be the final episode. Burning short and bright would've worked for this show if they knew ahead of time they'd only have 20 episodes to work with. Many shows these days only have 10 episode seasons anyway.

by Anonymousreply 27February 28, 2016 12:54 AM

I hope it doesn't end with Rebecca marrying Josh. She's crazy but interesting, he's dull and dumb. She may be an insane delusional stalker but she's still too good for him!

by Anonymousreply 28February 28, 2016 12:58 AM

I loved how they made fun of Josh being dumb during the "Where's the Rock?" song. The lyrics actually say "he's dumb, but not THAT dumb, he'll notice." He's cute though, and Rebecca has her heart set on the biracial baby, so a wedding wouldn't be that bad of an ending, imo.

by Anonymousreply 29February 28, 2016 1:05 AM

[quote]I don't think it was ever stated or implied he was gay before that friendly kiss

It was comically obvious from the second he met Rebecca's boss on the party bus to the beach. How did people miss that?

by Anonymousreply 30February 28, 2016 1:08 AM

On the bus he just seemed like a bro bragging about how much he lifts. These days that can be gay or straight.

by Anonymousreply 31February 28, 2016 2:01 AM

No, they were smiling at and focused on each other in a way that read as gay. The conversation made it more amusing, but the non-verbal signaling alone was clear. I know that young men today tend to "ping" more by the old standards, regardless of orientation, but that was over the top. If I watched two guys have that conversation, I wouldn't think "two straight bros talking strength training," I'd think "that's so cute, I wonder if they know/admit they like cock." (And as it turns out, I'd be right.)

by Anonymousreply 32February 28, 2016 2:49 AM

White Josh and Darryl have broken up

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2018 12:08 AM

I’m all about Hector, who is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2018 12:11 AM

White Josh got a new man.

by Anonymousreply 35November 10, 2018 2:12 AM

Love this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 10, 2018 2:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!