Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'THE PATH' from 'Friday Night Lights' Exec Producer Jason Katims - on HULU

I love, love, loved 'Friday Night Lights' which Jason Katims was Exec Producer / Head Writer of. I still think it's possibly the best network tv drama ever. I thought 'Parenthood' was less successful, but given how strong 'FNL' was and how good this new show looks, I'm really looking forward to it. Stars Aaron Paul, Hugh Dancy and Michelle Monaghan. Premieres sometime in March I think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 24, 2018 11:44 PM

I'm actually looking forward to this, too, but mostly for the cast. Although, in anticipation, I've seen and listened to some interviews with creator Jessica Goldberg and she makes the subject matter sound even more compelling. It's not meant to be a dig on Scientology, but it looks like they've lifted some Xenu speak for the show. Rather she said she based on the hippies she grew up around in Woodstock, NY.

I never watched FNL or Parenthood, but I've had so many people tell me they loved those shows. I was considering catching Parenthood on Netflix just because its got Peter Krause. Is it a good show to binge?

I miss Aaron Paul and Hugh Dancy on my television screen every week so this will be a treat. It already got a great review of its first few episodes from The Hollywood Reporter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 19, 2016 4:02 AM

R1 - Parenthood is a well made show, but Friday Night Lights was a god damn television masterpiece. If you haven't seen THAT show, that's where you should start. It's one of the most beautiful, understated, emotionally stirring tv dramas of the past 15-20 years and, easily, the best network tv drama in, well, perhaps ever. You don't have to give a shit about football - I don't. You don't have to care about small town Texas - I don't.

by Anonymousreply 2March 19, 2016 5:30 AM

Wow. Well, that is quite the recommendation, R2, so I will take your advice and start watching this show. Thanks for the reply.

by Anonymousreply 3March 19, 2016 2:50 PM

FNL was very well made, and it was a lot of fine things, but I'm not sure understated was ever one of them. "Clear eyes, full hearts!" is not the stuff of emotional understatement.

by Anonymousreply 4March 19, 2016 3:01 PM

I just read several rave reviews of the show, and I am psyched to watch this. I second the rec for FNL, great series. And of course Aaron Paul was freaking incredible on Breaking Bad. No one cries as beautifully as that man, he just makes you want to hug him.

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2016 12:28 AM

I'm stoked, too. I think they have a great trio as their leading players. And yes, I agree that Aaron Paul fighting back tears is always a gut-punch but beautiful. It's kind of funny that his co-star is Hugh Dancy, who's married to Claire Danes. I always wanted to see a Jesse Pinkman/Carrie Mathison cry-off. That would be something. I will take the Dancy/Paul power dynamics, though, with hopefully a lot of intense gazing into each others eyes.

With all of the attention Scientology has gotten in the last year, I think the premise is kind of timely and well worth exploring.

Mo Ryan at Variety was not enthused, but she didn't like Breaking Bad at the beginning, either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2016 3:34 AM

Who the hell is Mo Ryan and why should anyone care?

Aaron Paul and Hugh Dancy are intensely fuckable. That's what matters.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2016 8:37 AM

This is true. Not sure where Hulu stands on nudity in their original programming, but this is also important. Are there any naked scenes in 11.22.63?

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2016 3:47 PM

I really liked Hannibal a lot - it was gorgeously shot and just so weirdly surreal - but I always thought that Dancy was the weak link in a mostly superlative cast, although I applauded him for doing something so very different to all of the characters he'd become known for in his film career. He had a lot of super crazy intense moments as Will Graham and so his mannerisms sort of fit right in with the show's over-the-top heightened sense of horror.

But in the character he's playing here, in a much more relaxed setting that hews to verisimilitude rather than opera, those mannered facial tics become the sum total of his performance for me. He had a nice creepy psychopathic vibe going, but sometimes I just wanted his face to calm the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 9March 30, 2016 1:35 PM

I enjoyed the extreme close ups of Aaron Paul's face while having an orgasm.

by Anonymousreply 10March 30, 2016 9:22 PM

Hopefully there will be a lot more scenes with Cal and Eddie coming up, with lots of face stroking and body touching. Cal's got those self-help tapes down, the little psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 11April 2, 2016 5:06 AM

Love the show...I have dabbled in some new age/Hindu stuff..so the cult on the show is like the Hindu/new age practices (meditation, physical movements, breathing, chakra measuring, the third eye, look to the light) w.the punitive, cult side of Scientology (auditing, isolation for bad behavior, possibly murdering and kidnapping members, aggressively recruiting members).

So far it is a balanced treatment of religions/cults. Yes they do some good ( helping after a tornado) but the restrictive thinking and inflexible adherence to any dogma can result in abuse.

I think both Hugh, Aaron Paul, and Michelle are great as the leads. Not sure yet how Aaron's character makes a living but his wife (played by Michelle) and Hugh clearly seem to make a living off of the cult. Combining financial gain and spirituality increases the potential of an abuse situation. Aaron is perfectly cast as the conflicted father who is losing interest in his belief of the practices.

The show is awesome and has some excellent sex scenes.

As a minor point, Mandy from "Shameless" has a small role as a sex abuse survivor getting attached to the cult and obsessed with Hugh Dancy.

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2016 6:00 PM

Love this show.

I have practiced some new Age/Hindu stuff before (yes, I am a "sucker") and the cult on the show is like a combo of those practices (meditation, present moment living, physical movements, third eye, seeing the light, chakra work, vegan life, gardening, commune living ) with the punitive side of Scientology (auditing, isolation for bad behavour, actively recruiting, possibly kidnapping/murder).

The show does a good balance of showing respect for people engaged in religious practices as it gives the person peace of mind living as a community with support and positive outlook. But shows how the strict adherence to any dogma leads to abuse. At least two of the three main characters make money from the cult ---so combining spirituality w/greed - seems like another obvious drawback and I hope is explored further.

And if the cult stuff is not interesting, then the sex scenes between Aaron Paul and his wife (played by Michelle) are hot. And Hugh getting "reluctant" sexual advances from the actress who played Mandy on Shameless is not bad.

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2016 6:09 PM

I believe Aaron/Eddie also works on the compound, R12/13, as he tells his wife that he was "doing my job" trying to recruit a Possible when they're arguing. It looks like his testimonials before the potential members is also part of his duties, but from the reaction Hugh's character, Cal, gives him when he breaks down, that is not usually what happens. I think Cal is pretty wary of Eddie's new attitude, as well.

I think the show has all the ingredients for a great drama, and they've got the performances down already. But the writing is a little shaky in the first few episodes and there was some weird structuring in the set up of scenes for its premier. I feel like it will only gain traction as it progresses through its first season, though, and am kind of eager to see what they come up with. Eddie totally worships his wife, so I can understand why his shaken faith is wigging him out. I imagine their first meeting was a lot like Mary's introduction to Cal, and he sees her as his savior.

Katims wrote the seventh episode, entitled The Refugees.

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2016 10:45 PM

I wish this show would catch on....But the first episodes were a little odd.

Thanks R14- I think you are right Eddie also works on the compound. So definitely won't be easy for him to leave and personally, I would likely ignore my doubts..But I am sure we are going to learn that this "movement" has a sinister side...

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2016 10:07 PM

I think its sinister side has already reared its head, as the very hellish idea of putting people in solitary for 2 weeks while they get badgered and fed hallucinogens simply for committing infidelity is a bit extreme. Interesting how it sheds more light on the movement's beliefs, however (we don't build edifices, the family is all, Sarah tells Miranda). I thought Kathleen Turner was great, but man, it was startling to see her. Did she have a stroke? Her mouth was kind of fucked up and she kind of slurred a lot of her lines (I know she's supposed to be drunk). I want to know more about Eddie's past. We're getting all of this character building on Cal and his motivations, but Eddie still remains a bit of a mystery. His threat to Alison got me hot, though. Aaron Paul knows how to work a growl.

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2016 10:41 PM

I really wanted to like this show, but I watched the first two episodes and thought it was really dreary and boring and Hugh Dancy looks really odd, not at all his usual angelically pretty self. Like he lost too much weight, or maybe it's the bad haircut. I thought Emma Greenwell was much better on this than she was on Shameless, but otherwise I just couldn't care what happened to any of them. Does it get any better?

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2016 4:49 AM

Well, if you're watching for Dancy's 'angelic beauty', then this might not be the show for you. But after seeing the next two episodes, I think it's shaping up to a show worth watching. I'm kind of digging the bits we learn about the movement as we go along, and it seems to be gaining traction with a mystical edge to it. I really love the score for it, as well. Dancy's performance is pretty great here, and I think a lot more interesting than the pool of suffering that was Will Graham. And Paul and Monoghan are also doing some fantastic work. I'm just excited to see Aaron Paul playing a man and not Jesse Pinkman.

by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2016 12:40 PM

No, I'm not watching for Hugh Dancy, just commenting that he looks particularly haggard on this show. I'm glad to see the mystical angle picks up, so I'll give it a few more episodes. Thanks, R18!

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2016 10:51 PM

Interesting you say haggard since it looks like he's buffed up quite a bit for the role and gone the tanned route. Or maybe Hannibal just routinely washed all the color out of his face.

I get the sense that they are using the first half of the season to set up all their pieces/characters and then in the back end everything will quickly escalate. I looked ahead at each synopsis for upcoming episodes and they were spoilery as all get out but shit will be going down. Hugh Dancy simulating masturbation was a little surprising, but the entire scene was disturbing as fuck. I'm interested to see what happens between him and Eddie once they begin his 7R training. Definitely the most charged scenes so far were with Paul and Dancy, so they need to have them together on screen a lot more if they want to keep interest in the show.

by Anonymousreply 20April 17, 2016 3:51 PM

Yes, Dancy masturbating was quite ick--in front of his new female protege...so weird. Seems like every Hindu/yoga celebrity in the US gets in trouble for sex scandals..but the flip side what is it like to have acolytes throwing themselves at you..

I love how the show contrasts the positive of the cult against the negatives of the cult. When Cal tells the visiting leaders that hey we need to stay organized and focused - this is a money making operation that has supported your family... and yet those same leaders seem like genuinely nice people....and at the same time , Hawk, the teenage boy- actually seems like a great kid and maybe the cult had some positive impact on his psyche.

The marriage between Cal and his wife--is it perfect, no?- but they seem to have a loving/sexual bond after many years of marriage..did the cult help? probably? But then Cal admits to some "adultery" and he needs to gab w and be subtly bullied by his father -in-law about it...

Ah- so you are thinking the "juice" is hallucinogens...makes sense now as that would explain Aaron's scenes in solitary.

The 7R training will be intense...as Cal bullies Aaron's character...and Aaron will have to do as Cal says.

Wish this show got more love...

by Anonymousreply 21April 18, 2016 7:02 PM

There's only one Cal - the interim leader of the movement played by Hugh Dancy. Aaron Paul's character is named Eddie, who is married to the lifelong member, Sarah, played by Michelle Monoghan.

by Anonymousreply 22April 18, 2016 8:53 PM

Argh. Sorry R22,,,I know that but just kept forgetting Aaron's character's name,,,,so yes marriage between Eddie and Sarah...

by Anonymousreply 23April 18, 2016 8:55 PM

I need intense showdowns between Hugh Dancy and Aaron Paul that result in fist fights and hate sex please. I like that Eddie is getting action but want to edit out that crazy Sarah cunt and insert Cal, their tension is more exciting.

by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2016 5:23 PM

[quote]Dancy masturbating was quite ick

You must be a girl/gurl/frau.

by Anonymousreply 25April 24, 2016 5:27 PM

Fraus need to go back to Tumblr and Pinterest and frozen Sara Lee cheesecake.

by Anonymousreply 26April 25, 2016 6:10 AM

Their tension burns through the screen, R24. Definitely some crazy chemistry between those two actors. The scene where they're eating tangerine slices was combustible. Eddie was downright flirting with him.

by Anonymousreply 27April 25, 2016 4:11 PM

I want Aaron Paul to rub his scruff all over my body. He never did much for me before, but that beard makes him look sensational.

by Anonymousreply 28April 30, 2016 12:19 AM

I found young Aaron to be very attractive, but I agree that he's really grown into his looks. The thicker the beard gets, the hotter he is.

by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2016 1:24 PM

The show started off slow but I think it is finding a groove. I love Aaron Paul and found myself instantly rooting for him and hoping he will find the will to break free of both the cult and his overbearing wife. She is such a close minded hag. Hugh Dancy is a big question mark. He's like a pot on the verge of boiling over, don't know if he is going to go Jonestown on everyone or if he believes his own rhetoric, but I think he is going to turn out to be crazy.

by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2016 7:56 PM

Well, that pot boiled over. Cal is in some deep shit now. Silas seemed like a fun, cool character. It's too bad we lost him already, although this was an excellent episode. Liked the way the shower scene connected Cal and Eddie. One is rinsing off dirt (lies that cling to him because of the movement) and one is rinsing off blood. Ironic how Cal urges Eddie not to bring his darkness to their movement and then goes and does something incredibly dark.

by Anonymousreply 31May 4, 2016 1:53 PM

Cal sure fucked up a lot that episode. What a train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 32May 4, 2016 4:27 PM

Yes, the show has its groove but does not seem to have a lot of fans. Now what is Cal going to do? The compound is crawling w/cops. And I wonder how often Cal hits the bottle?

And poor Hawk---his girlfriend moved on pretty quick.

by Anonymousreply 33May 10, 2016 10:39 PM

It's a shame it doesn't get more viewers but I think its rocky start turned a lot of people who were interested in either Paul or Dancy away. This show was made for bingeing, so perhaps it will get another boost when its season ends and people who've been circling the reviews decide to plunge in for a long weekend. If the writers can pull off a great finale, I'll feel positive that the second season will become something special. They've got so many great elements that simply need cohesion.

Cal said he hadn't touched liquor for 2 years and 30 some odd days before his mother got her clutches in him and he drunk-called Sarah. I think after that disaster, he probably bought a bottle or two and kept them stashed around the house *just in case*. Looks like he's going to go on a bender once he gets Silas out of his house. How convenient that Eddie just dug a big-ass hole perfect for body dumping.

I did enjoy Eddie and Cal rolling over each other on the ground.

by Anonymousreply 34May 10, 2016 10:59 PM

I am a frau and I even liked the body wrestling of those two hot intense guys!

Silas is right about Cal....would think meditation and a quiet life would cure the alcoholism but I guess not! Maybe money laundering and using kids for free labor certainly does not help steady one's mind. Oh and not having sex for years certainly does not help..geez.

Poor Mary-the cult with its flaws is still better than her "real" life w/her dad pimping her out.

I tell my friends the show is a great "soap opera" w/awesome actors that happens to take place in a cult ....

The start was sluggish. I think the defector is the weak link. Whenever she is in a scene - she just takes me out of the show for some reason.

I hope it is renewed for a second season.

by Anonymousreply 35May 11, 2016 8:01 PM

I think the latest episode is the best. The father/son road trip was the highlight, and Aaron Paul did such incredible work when he "sees" his long dead brother that it brought me to tears. Cal is becoming the perfect villain you either love to hate or hate to love. The only complaint I have is I wish Michelle Monaghan did more to make her character sympathetic. She is such a hypocritical cunt that I can't root for her to make things work with her husband.

by Anonymousreply 36May 11, 2016 11:31 PM

It was already renewed, R35. I think the show has a lot more merit than a 'soap opera'. That's more Grey's Anatomy territory.

And R36, I don't think Monoghan can really do much to make her character sympathetic if the writers don't give her the words to do so. But yeah, the way she's going to come down on Eddie will not be pleasant and yet, I doubt she'll be planting any trees for her transgress. That was a pretty weak, "no, we can't" while she was making out with Cal. After what her husband 'supposedly' put her through earlier (and even worse, what she put him through), you'd think she would be horrified.

by Anonymousreply 37May 12, 2016 5:28 AM

Sarah reminds me too much of my racist relatives who would die of heart attacks if their kids dated blacks or Jews. She may pretend to be a tree hugging progressive but she is a bigot at heart.

by Anonymousreply 38May 12, 2016 9:39 PM

Yes, true, it is not fair to call t his show a "soap opera"...I am relieved that it has been renewed.

Anytime someone has a rigid thought process (and only sees black vs white) and no greys- the person becomes insufferable. To Sarah- a person is either in the cult (good) or out of the cult (bad). Obviously , life is not that simple. Cal (in the cult) certainly is not good- he is a murderer for goodness sakes! But to Sarah he is "good" .

by Anonymousreply 39May 16, 2016 3:25 PM

At first I thought Cal would be my fave character and he does have a lot of dramatic scenes, but Eddie is slowly winning my heart. His scenes with teen aged Hawk are what pushed him to the top. He is exactly the kind of father his son needs to keep the crazy cult behavior at bay.

by Anonymousreply 40May 16, 2016 6:10 PM

That was so satisfying seeing Eddie punch Cal in the face.

by Anonymousreply 41May 18, 2016 7:14 AM

I wanted Eddie to punch Sarah in the face.

by Anonymousreply 42May 18, 2016 7:18 AM

The son (Hawk?) is fuckin hot as shit. He looks exactly like Heath Ledger circa 10 Things I Hate About You. Beautiful eyes, just so hot. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 43May 18, 2016 7:38 AM

Aaron Paul and Kyle Allen are so gorgeous. I love them the most. Normally I like Hugh Dancy, too but that weird haircut and his creeper character make him unappealing on this show.

by Anonymousreply 44May 18, 2016 9:10 AM

[quote]I wanted Eddie to punch Sarah in the face.

The closest we'll get to that happening is Eddie punching Sarah's cunt with his dick.

"Uncle" Cal was super creepy when he rode up behind Ashley and coaxed her into his car with "I want to show you something". For a minute there, I was worried he'd be digging another hole for her. But the way he managed to manipulate her into dropping Hawk with such an easy carrot (they were sleeping in her mother's car after all) just highlighted the ephemeral nature of Hawk's teenage undying love. His ties to his family hinge on such a simple tweak of emotion. And Sarah is just ruthless.

I liked the way Eddie's faithlessness peaked out at the Gathering, where he basically confesses his family is the only thing that means anything to him. Hope we get to see him head back to Cusco with his new best friend, Abe, and he gets to see that Meyer is dying just like in his vision. In fact, I'm really digging the visions in general. It gives the show a cool magical realism.

by Anonymousreply 45May 18, 2016 3:39 PM

I wanted to shake Ashley for being so careless to get into a car with a man she barely knows & never trusted. Didn't her mama teach her about stranger danger???

by Anonymousreply 46May 18, 2016 8:34 PM

Cal was definitely in full creeper mode in that scene with Ashley.

by Anonymousreply 47May 18, 2016 11:27 PM

I have gotten so addicted to this show that it will be a painful wait for season 2!

by Anonymousreply 48May 19, 2016 5:28 PM

I really want to find out more about Eddie's past. It sounds like it was really horrible before his brother ever committed suicide.

Also, that preview looks great. More visions for Eddie and the snake has me wondering what its meant to symbolize. First, I assumed it was supposed to be Cal, wrapping around the comatose Meyer as a harbinger of him betraying the movement somehow. Then I wondered if perhaps it was actually Sarah, since Eddie flashes back to Meyer and the snake while he's having sex with her. Now, I'm thinking if maybe its just an avatar of Steven, and the fact that its crawling on Eddie is Meyer trying to communicate with him spiritually, or maybe that Eddie is supposed to be the new leader Steve has foretold.

I think its pretty telling that while we've seen both Eddie and Sarah have visions, Cal has not had one.

by Anonymousreply 49May 21, 2016 4:39 AM

I LOVE this show.

by Anonymousreply 50May 21, 2016 5:20 AM

I want to put my tongue up Hawk's ass. He's so painfully hot. Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 51May 21, 2016 5:32 AM

R49 has been to Reddit

by Anonymousreply 52May 21, 2016 5:22 PM

Guilty as charged, R52, but I've contributed my thoughts to a few places besides here. I'm as interested in the discussions surrounding it as I am of the show. DL doesn't seem to be that into the series, even with the eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 53May 22, 2016 10:12 PM

I think the show would have more fans if it wasn't on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 54May 22, 2016 11:59 PM

Did any LA residents get a chance to see the finale at the Hollywood Cemetery tonight, by chance? I want to hear about how good Aaron Paul smelled.

by Anonymousreply 55May 23, 2016 4:09 AM

Cute couple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 24, 2016 2:20 AM

Aaron Paul has the most infectious grin. Unlike his characters, he looks like he has never had an unhappy day in his life.

by Anonymousreply 57May 24, 2016 2:25 AM

Loved the ending...does anyone else think Eddie is the Myerist Moses?

by Anonymousreply 58May 26, 2016 7:29 PM

Hugh Dahnceh: naked? penis?

by Anonymousreply 59May 26, 2016 7:37 PM

No gratuitous dick shots yet but Hugh does jerk himself off. They usually have at least one sex scene per episode and they love to say fuck all the time on this show.

by Anonymousreply 60May 26, 2016 9:22 PM

The shot of that snake crawling under Eddie's sheets was super creepy as fuck (and super phallic - it's like Eddie was about to get raped). God, their bodies are so revolting.

I always figured that Eddie was meant to be the leader back in the first episode. It felt like it was Steve somehow sending that vision to Eddie. It obviously wasn't just him tripping balls - Eddie was seeing something that he couldn't know about. That the visions continued just made it seem like he was eventually going to end up in that room in the end to see Steve. I'm excited for these characters to have some conversations, so we'll learn more about both Steve;s and Eddie's past, as well as more about the rungs. Sucks to be Cal. He tries so hard, but he doesn't have the Sight.

by Anonymousreply 61May 27, 2016 3:58 AM

Cal is the best character on the show by far!!!

by Anonymousreply 62May 27, 2016 4:59 AM

I was somewhat disappointed that Silas was killed off - I think exploring his character would have been interesting. I guess they could still do it in flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 63May 27, 2016 5:08 AM

I liked Silas, too. He seemed like he had a wicked sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 64May 30, 2016 1:42 PM

Unlucky comic timing, though. Silas' last joke about the alcoholic salesman literally got him killed.

by Anonymousreply 65May 30, 2016 6:31 PM

Season Two starts filming very soon. I am auditioning.

by Anonymousreply 66May 30, 2016 7:24 PM

Break a leg, R66! Are you auditioning for a decent sized role or just a walk-on part? If you get it, you must promise to give us info on the cast.

by Anonymousreply 67May 30, 2016 8:47 PM

Please try not to drool on Aaron Paul when you meet him, R66!

by Anonymousreply 68May 30, 2016 10:49 PM

God, Aaron Paul's gravely voice is so fucking sexy. He seems like he would be a very fun lay. He also seems like the type of guy who would make out with his best buddies when he was drunk. His male friends are all good-looking hipster types.

by Anonymousreply 69June 1, 2016 2:46 AM

I would not know about his friends, but I would bet the house Aaron Paul slept with men for parts. They all do and any actor who claims otherwise is either a liar or a never been.

by Anonymousreply 70June 1, 2016 9:58 PM

Great episode. Eddie drastically miscalculated the reaction from his wife and her family.

by Anonymousreply 71June 2, 2016 4:45 AM

I don't think he miscalculated. I think he knew exactly what would happen, hence why he lied from the get-go and tried to go through the motions to stay in the movement. But like Alison said, you can't fake belief.

Really looking forward to the second season of this. Did not expect to get so hooked.

by Anonymousreply 72June 2, 2016 3:09 PM

Started watching. The husband is far too good for the wife. The cult leader is straight out of Scientology. Like it so far but wish it wasn't so serious all the time.

by Anonymousreply 73June 3, 2016 6:37 AM

Jesus, I am on the 9th episode and Sarah is a Raging Bitch Monster. I do not think I have ever loathed a TV character as much as I hate this woman!!

by Anonymousreply 74June 4, 2016 1:00 AM

She is a real piece of work. Michelle Monaghan, however, is fantastic. But you can still see glimpses of why Eddie fell in love with her. I think its going to be fun seeing her lock horns with Cal now that she's not falling for his shit anymore.

by Anonymousreply 75June 4, 2016 1:43 AM

If Michelle Monaghan was truly fantastic, she would find a way to show the good in Sarah but so far all she has shown us is a smug & hateful harpy who treats her family like shit. I hope Eddie stops being so pussy whipped by her and takes custody of his children so they do not end up like her. It is weird that he doesn't fight for them harder since he is convinced the cult makes everyone pod people.

by Anonymousreply 76June 4, 2016 5:14 PM

Yeah, but Eddie is seriously damaged goods. He worships his wife, and she was obviously his reason for being in the movement. I think they have an interesting dynamic, because he seemed to really dig being her bitch until his recent doubts started making him reassess his marriage. I think a big part of Eddie constantly sees himself as the fuck-up, but those kids absolutely need him.

He refused to sign the Denier documents because he knew he wouldn't be allowed to see his kids, and that is something that's not usually done. At least Sarah pulled rank on the counselor guy and is trying to work something out with Eddie. I think she's due to have her own crisis.

by Anonymousreply 77June 4, 2016 10:58 PM

“Any time you can roll around with Hugh Dancy, take it,” Paul joked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 5, 2016 10:22 AM

I binged it over the last three days. Apparently they are filming the second season right now, so I'm wondering how soon it will be back on Hulu. Hopefully not an entire year. I'm so damn curious to see what's going to happen next.

by Anonymousreply 79June 17, 2016 3:06 AM

Eddie is going to be the messiah.

by Anonymousreply 80June 17, 2016 3:51 AM

I hope Eddie takes over the movement and kicks both Cal and Sarah out so he can make it the perfect religion.

by Anonymousreply 81June 18, 2016 12:14 AM

There is no perfect religion.

by Anonymousreply 82June 18, 2016 2:29 AM

R82 that's because none have been led by Aaron Paul yet...bitch.

by Anonymousreply 83June 18, 2016 2:54 AM

You've got a point. I wouldn't mind being in that religion.

by Anonymousreply 84June 18, 2016 3:11 AM

I would love to "roll with Hugh Dancy."

by Anonymousreply 85June 18, 2016 3:12 AM

Hugh Dancy would probably love to roll with you. Supposedly his marriage is shaky and he enjoys both genders.

by Anonymousreply 86June 18, 2016 8:09 PM

In my next life, I want to come back as Claire Danes. The dick that woman has sucked.

by Anonymousreply 87June 18, 2016 8:10 PM

Oooh, I want to hear more dish about Hugh's shaky marriage. It's his birthday tomorrow. Wonder whose bed Mr. Claire Dane will be sharing?

by Anonymousreply 88June 19, 2016 3:25 AM

She steals men, R88.

by Anonymousreply 89June 19, 2016 3:27 AM

I want Hugh's dick and balls in my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 90June 19, 2016 3:51 AM

R90 Me too

by Anonymousreply 91June 25, 2016 8:12 PM

You enjoy that dick and balls, I'll settle for some tiny Pinkman ass.

by Anonymousreply 92June 26, 2016 12:48 PM

When does season 2 come out?

by Anonymousreply 93June 28, 2016 6:10 PM

No word on the dates yet. But it would be great if it started earlier than the end of March next year, since they are filming a little earlier this time around (during summer instead of fall).

by Anonymousreply 94June 29, 2016 11:29 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 95January 27, 2018 6:49 AM

r95, stop doing that. We don't do that here.

by Anonymousreply 96January 27, 2018 8:33 AM

Hawk totally reminds me of Heath Ledger.

by Anonymousreply 97January 28, 2018 1:17 AM

i avoid anything with the assanine aaron paul in it

a known doosh

by Anonymousreply 98January 28, 2018 1:35 AM

I don't like Aaron either, I didn't like him on Big Love or Breaking Bad, but he works in this.

by Anonymousreply 99January 28, 2018 1:38 AM

Cancelled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 24, 2018 11:38 PM

Good. Katims is the kuntim who de-gayed Rise. Long may you lose, Jason.

by Anonymousreply 101April 24, 2018 11:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!