Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sherri Shepherd - Dead Beat Mom? If you were her what would you do?

Datalounge, do you know about Sherri's situation?

She got married to a freeloader who used her for her money. He met her saw dollars and kissed her ass till he got a ring on her finger. After that his true personality became out and he started to belittle her from what I heard. They even had a contract outlining their sex life where he basically said she was subservient to him.

Anyway, prior to getting a divorce they agreed to have a baby via surrogate . A different woman's egg and his disgusting sperm! Now that they divorced, he is getting child support for the baby ($4100/mo.) and NOT working! She has not met the child once since it was born.

Do you think she is a dead-beat mom? 1. It was not her egg. 2. They are not longer married. 3. He basically deceived her during their marriage.

Anyway, he is now getting a reality show so that he could bad-mouth Sherri and put her business out in the open. What TRASH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 9, 2019 7:04 AM

Hell, she married him. Isn't she supposed to be this mega christian? I'm sure she was all about the contract to be subservient to her husband at the outset. Besides, caring for that baby might be a good way to atone for the 13 abortions she had before finding Jeebus. . I LOVE that he is doing this.

by Anonymousreply 1February 13, 2016 3:25 PM

Even Wendy is talking about it I see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 13, 2016 3:25 PM

I think what he did is unconscionable. He married Sherri to trap her. She was already a single mother raising her own child. Go marry a woman who wants and can have children. No, he just wanted Sherri's money. He had no job and no career, yet he impregnated a surrogate with an egg he bought and wants someone else to pay for his child. I couldn't show my face in public. But he's going to be on TV. He is a sorry excuse for a man.

by Anonymousreply 3February 13, 2016 3:46 PM

Biology doesn't matter - the kid was conceived as part of their marriage (however crappy it may have been), not some kid from hoochie mama. I don't know why she wouldn't obligated to pay for this child like a father would be if the situation were reversed. If she doesn't want to see the kid, that's her choice, but it doesn't change her legal responsibility. I'm shocked that this topic on a gay board isn't viewed as a terrible double standard (or maybe it is and no one really cares).

by Anonymousreply 4February 13, 2016 3:47 PM

Sherri isn't a victim! That woman is very pushy and knows how to get what she wants. I agree with R4, it's a huge double standard.

by Anonymousreply 5February 13, 2016 3:49 PM

Stupid bitch, who declared on The View that she thinks the world might be flat, got played. Where are your Christian values now, Sherri?

by Anonymousreply 6February 13, 2016 3:53 PM

No double standard. If a woman had done what he did she would be savagely criticized. Why did a 40+ year old unemployed man need a child so badly he bought an egg and hired a surrogate? It is ridiculous and transparent. It's like when a girl purposefully gets pregnant to ensnare a rich guy -- except it's worse!

by Anonymousreply 7February 13, 2016 3:56 PM

[quote]She got married to a freeloader who used her for her money. He met her saw dollars and kissed her ass till he got a ring on her finger. After that his true personality became out and he started to belittle her from what I heard.

Tale as old as time. Oh wait, no it's not. But now that women want equality, they get to be used for money just like men always have.

by Anonymousreply 8February 13, 2016 3:58 PM

Did he put a gun to her head? I'm assuming she married him with her own free will and agreed to the baby, so now she is suffering the consequences of her decision.

by Anonymousreply 9February 13, 2016 4:01 PM

Child support and custody agreements although often used by parents as a tool to get more out of a divorce are actually intended to serve the best interests of the child.

No reason why this kid should pay for the sins of the parents.

by Anonymousreply 10February 13, 2016 4:48 PM

[quote]If a woman had done what he did she would be savagely criticized.

Seriously. There's not a thread on DL about a pregnant woman that doesn't have several "bitch is just trying to trap this poor guy and only cares about his money" comments on it. But you can't say that about the former Mr. Shepherd because, again, it's all the bitch's fault.

Still, when a guy whines that he's been "trapped" into child support, I say too bad, you shouldn't have had kids if you didn't want to pay for them (i.e. learn how to condom, stupid). Same goes for her. She shouldn't have entered into this agreement if she didn't want kids. The desire to want kids is independent from her ex's conman ways.

by Anonymousreply 11February 13, 2016 4:56 PM

Were they still married when the baby wee born? If not, she does not owe child support. She needs to get a better lawyer. He is probably not really caring for the baby. He is a low life pig and she was a fool. Surrogates are repulsive. Either you have a baby or you don't. People should just stop playing with mother nature...our world is full and overflowing with unwanted kids. They are not accessories, folks.

by Anonymousreply 12February 13, 2016 4:56 PM

A lot of gay couples use surrogates, R12, so fuck you.

Sherri Shepherd chose to marry this freeloading loser. She chose to enter into a surrogacy arrangement with her eyes wide open. I don't know why some dumb cunt on this thread keeps saying that the loser "bought an egg and hired a surrogate" as if he did it all by himself. They chose the surrogacy option as a couple.

The fact that Sherri finally woke up and realized that she'd married a complete asshole is irrelevant. She's responsible for supporting the baby she and her husband decided to bring into this world via a surrogate. She is absolutely responsible for child support and if she married and had this kid with a man who is too lazy/awful to help her support the child, she has no one to blame but herself.

The husband being a low-life isn't a license for Sherri to be low-life too.

by Anonymousreply 13February 13, 2016 5:07 PM

That child should thank it's lucky stars not to be a part of Sherri's gene pool. It's enough of a problem to be part of Lamar's.

Sherri was stupid to agree to this being her child. If Lamar wanted a child for himself with another woman, Sherri should've said 'Nope' and if they couldn't agree to NOT have more children, then that would be a reason to end the marriage.

She's equally responsible having agreed to the surrogacy plan had she divorced him when the child was three months old as she is divorcing him three months before the kid was born.

by Anonymousreply 14February 13, 2016 6:18 PM

The saga continues..... the baby seems to have some type of medical disorder...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 16, 2016 4:42 PM

The OP is clearly a View obsessed stay at home frau, typing furiously with Cheeto and cheese dip stained sausage fingers. Oh, and she's clearly a HUGE fan of Ms. Shepherd.

by Anonymousreply 16February 16, 2016 4:45 PM

Sherri Shepherd is a fat no talent phony. She got lucky our new PC world, but her day will come.

by Anonymousreply 17February 16, 2016 4:51 PM

L.J. has a medical condition.

Lamar to Sherri: 'CheckMATE, bitch'

by Anonymousreply 18February 16, 2016 5:02 PM

She and her then husband willingly signed the papers to have the surrogate become pregnant with a donor's embryo. They are now both responsible for the child bore. End of story

by Anonymousreply 19February 16, 2016 5:06 PM

There's a chance that the child's disorder may prove fatal, or cause him an early death.

Sad, but not sad if Lamar's meal ticket expires early.

By the way, isn't he a big ol' queen? No wonder he preferred to jack off in a cup. You would have thought Sherri would have learned something from Star Jones. These stunt queens love to scam big girls with low self esteem.

by Anonymousreply 20February 16, 2016 5:19 PM

Isn't Starr Jones paying to keep her ex in the life to which (s)he became accustomed?

Couldn't have happened to two more deserving gals.

by Anonymousreply 21February 16, 2016 5:47 PM

Did Star's ex (Big Gay Al) ever get his own reality show? I enjoyed seeing him pop up on Basketball Wives with the rest of the gold diggers.

Sherri's ex is going the reality TV route too and dragging that poor damaged baby into his spectacle.

Niecy Nash needs her ass kicked for setting up Sherri and her no-good ex-husband.

by Anonymousreply 22February 16, 2016 5:58 PM

I read the article. It sounds like a manipulative man trying to put peer pressure on Shepard to pay him.

He says he spent $100,000 on lawyer fees to fight her. Well, if you're that poor, maybe save your $100,000 and quit fighting her?

Then he keeps saying he can't understand why she doesn't want to be part of the kid's life. Probably because her lawyers advised her not to get involved because if the child had a relationship with her, she'd lose.

Then he criticized her because the child doesn't have a mother. Then why did you have a surrogate child when your marriage was done for? Are you aware there are many other women in the world and you could marry one of those?

There are so many divorced women in this world with a baby conceived at the end of the relationship. So many. This wasn't an accident, this was on purpose. If you want to have a baby because you want a child to raise yourself after your divorce, fine. But this isn't even her biological child. She should just pay him a lump sum and he should get a job.

by Anonymousreply 23February 16, 2016 6:27 PM

He put his sperm in some other chick's egg and got Sherri's dumb ass to pay for it?

That's one crafty queen!

by Anonymousreply 24February 16, 2016 7:40 PM

Something went down. I think Sherri realized she was the only one working. He hadn't "wrote" anything in years

by Anonymousreply 25February 16, 2016 7:54 PM

Nothing wrong with being a sugar mama. If I was making money hand-over-fist on The View, I might have a hunk (or two) lounging by the pool.

But, Sherri got played by a fugly old pig.

And, with a plot so elaborate she got saddled with ANOTHER WOMAN'S KID!

by Anonymousreply 26February 16, 2016 8:21 PM

Why the heck hasn't she terminated her parental rights? Loose thread darling, CUT.HIM.LOOSE.

by Anonymousreply 27February 16, 2016 8:33 PM

It's really hard to feel any empathy for Lamar.

Get a fucking job.

And I'd say that if the genders were reversed.

by Anonymousreply 28February 16, 2016 8:33 PM

She signed the surrogacy contract so she's liable for that kid as if she bore him herself. It sucks that she got played, but she legally agreed to bring this kid into the world and be his mother. He would not even exist if not for her wanting a child with scumbag Lamar. People who have bio kids with scamming, cheating losers can't/don't throw them away once the relationship goes belly up, She made a bad choice, but she needs to own up to it,

by Anonymousreply 29February 17, 2016 9:35 AM

If you are a bio parent and don't want to be, you can terminate your parental rights. You legally and voluntarily give up the right to be the parent. Why doesn't she severe the tie and cut him off completely?

by Anonymousreply 30February 17, 2016 10:39 AM

[quote]But now that women want equality, they get to be used for money just like men always have.

Isn't it shocking R8! Are you posting from 1920 or 1970?

by Anonymousreply 31February 17, 2016 11:13 AM

Judgement in favor of the defendant. The husband is solely responsible for the financial care of the child.

Ms. Shepard is free to leave.

Case adjourned !

by Anonymousreply 32February 17, 2016 11:36 AM

I love the image that he tries to create of the baby desperately search from woman to woman for his "Mommy" to garner sympathy.

Did Sherri Shepard go to the Kathy Griffith school of how to find a fat unattractive scam artist to marry?

by Anonymousreply 33February 17, 2016 11:57 AM

She is pathetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 9, 2019 3:42 AM

Is she the one who had the Lambchop puppet?

by Anonymousreply 35July 9, 2019 3:53 AM

She agreed to all of this and then changed her mind. I don't feel bad for her at all. That said, he needs to get a job. That is not enough for a single father and child to live on.

by Anonymousreply 36July 9, 2019 3:56 AM

Sherri’s a stupid cunt. She deserves everything she gets. Honestly, where are these people from? Florida?

by Anonymousreply 37July 9, 2019 4:21 AM

[quote]Did Sherri Shepard go to the Kathy Griffith school of how to find a fat unattractive scam artist to marry?

To be fair, Kathy caught onto her ex's scamming ways before it was too late.

by Anonymousreply 38July 9, 2019 4:41 AM

A hit man and a team of nannies together would cost less than $4100 a month for 18 years.

by Anonymousreply 39July 9, 2019 6:21 AM

This is inconceivable!

by Anonymousreply 40July 9, 2019 6:22 AM

Most Republicans, Christians and many African Americans lead lives of utter disarray because there is something in their brains that cannot avoid disastrous decision making like this foolishness. More Black Christian Conservative Drama! Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 41July 9, 2019 7:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!