Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Reese’s Chocolate Controversy Goes Fecal

Hershey’s should have quit while they were ahead.

The chocolate juggernaut has been cranking out America’s favorite peanut butter confection since 1928, which was first introduced by a dairy farmer aptly named H.B. Reese. By the ’80s, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups rose to pop culture status with the successful commercial quip “You put peanut butter in my chocolate!”

Over the years, variations of the chocolate-peanut butter mashup have been introduced, like the Crunchy (a riff on the traditional peanut butter cup, but with a crunchy texture rather than smooth), the Caramel (the traditional cup with an added layer of caramel) and the Inside Out (a reversal of the traditional cup with a smooth chocolatey center). If only they had stopped there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 13, 2021 5:08 AM

Odd. I bought a couple when Christmas candy went on sale and they looked like trees, or at least the kind of tree shapes you can get from cookie cutters.

by Anonymousreply 1February 12, 2016 6:25 PM

Clickbait OP quotes an article that suggests there might be some sort of health issue with the chocos in question. There isn't one.

by Anonymousreply 2February 12, 2016 6:29 PM

Ridiculous click bait article. Summary -- Reese's sells peanut butter "tree" candy at Christmas and it's really not shaped like a tree. Instead, the non-tree shape reminds people who spend every waking moment on Twitter of a lump of poo.

As if we didn't have enough Millennials inanely taking photos of their food

by Anonymousreply 3February 12, 2016 6:50 PM

Truly, who gives a shit?

by Anonymousreply 4February 12, 2016 9:46 PM

Oh boy, I know what I'm asking Elsa to put in Easter basket!

by Anonymousreply 5February 12, 2016 9:55 PM

Oh please! No candy could look more turd like than I!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 12, 2016 10:16 PM

It smells like poop, and so it is!

by Anonymousreply 7February 12, 2016 10:43 PM

Yuck

by Anonymousreply 8April 13, 2021 5:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!