Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Plagiarized songs

Guns n' Roses - Sweet Child o' Mine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 26, 2019 2:36 PM

Michael Bolton - Love is a wonderful thing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2016 11:48 PM

Songs which you feel are similar.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2016 11:49 PM

Rod Stewart's Da ya think I'm sexy ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 11, 2016 12:45 AM

Andrew Lloyd Webber - Genius or Plagiarist ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 11, 2016 2:48 AM

Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 11, 2016 2:26 PM

Awful song from an awful movie based on an awful book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 11, 2016 2:30 PM

SPAMALOT's "Find Your Grail" is really just "Country Roads" by John Denver.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 11, 2016 6:10 PM

"Manhattan" from the REVENGE OF THE NERDS soundtrack is really just "Iko, Iko."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 11, 2016 6:12 PM

You say "ripoff," I say "upgrade."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 11, 2016 6:12 PM

There's nothing to the "Blurred Lines" allegations. It's way different from "Got to Give It Up," Marvin Gaye's family was just greedy and the judge in that lawsuit was musically incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 10February 11, 2016 6:20 PM

R10: Yeah, that whole ruling was based on the cowbell section without regard to the melody or chord progressions.

by Anonymousreply 11February 11, 2016 6:21 PM

Katy Perry's "California Girls" was really just "Tik Tok" by Ke$ha:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 11, 2016 6:28 PM

This song is a response to critics who accused all of Motown's songs of sounding alike.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 11, 2016 6:35 PM

Tell it To My Heart by Taylor Dayne was completely ripped off from The One You Love by Glenn Frey and done in a faster tempo. Try singing the chorus of Tell it to My Heart to the first verse of The One You Love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 11, 2016 6:36 PM

Kelly Clarkson's latest single, "Heartbeat Song" is a brazen rip-off of Jimmy Eat World's "The Middle."

So flagrant, it's disgusting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 11, 2016 6:38 PM

Jimmy Eat World:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 11, 2016 6:38 PM

That's a stretch, r14.

by Anonymousreply 17February 11, 2016 6:40 PM

Actually, you're right about the verses, r14.

by Anonymousreply 18February 11, 2016 6:41 PM

Lady Gaga's Born This Way

VS

Madonna's Express Yourself

by Anonymousreply 19February 11, 2016 6:48 PM

Radiohead's Creep

VS

The Hollies' The Air that I Breathe

by Anonymousreply 20February 11, 2016 6:54 PM

Musician here. There are only 12 notes in a scale. With pop music being so structurally formulaic you're bound to find short similarities between two or more songs if you look hard enough. People aren't very original in general.

I agree with R10 and R11 about Blurred Lines. Such a dumb ruling.

Born This Way and Express Yourself is another story. Sing the melody of Born This Way from "I'm beautiful in my way" to "I'm on the right track baby I was born this way". Now sing the following lines from Express Yourself "So if you want it right now" to "Express what he's got oh baby ready or not". The melody is virtually identical for 8 measures. Madonna and Stephen bray could rightfully sue and win.

by Anonymousreply 21February 11, 2016 6:55 PM

[quote] Actually, you're right about the verses, [R14].

Yeah, because of the tempo, it's not readily apparent. I remember I was in high school, working at Tower Records when Dayne's album came out, and every time it was played in the store, a few minutes later I'd find myself singing Frey's song in my head and then it became clear.

I'm guessing if Frey felt there was an issue, he'd have sued, but it sure sounds similar to me. Then again, I hear musical notes, melodies, etc. from songs in nearly everything (which is odd, as I don't read music and I'm not a musician). The tone of my microwave starting up sounds exactly like the first note of I Can't Tell You Why, the tempo of my alarm clock chime sounds like the beginning of Rock of Ages by Def Leppard, other appliances sound like other songs... I might have some kind of mental defect.

by Anonymousreply 22February 11, 2016 6:57 PM

Coldplay's Viva la Vida

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 11, 2016 6:59 PM

I have been reading the biography of music manager Allen Klein who handled, among others, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, and last night I read about the My Sweet Lord/He's So Fine ruling. I had no idea the case dragged on for 20 years. I thought it had been settled far earlier than that.

FWIW, I've never thought the songwriters had a case there. My Sweet Lord sounds very little like He's So Fine. (And I think Blurred Lines absolutely DID rip off Got to Give it Up.)

What I'm more curious about are the earliest instances of sampling and how rap artists thought they were going to get away with outright theft of a song and neither credit nor compensate the original artist and writer. And apparently until Gilbert O'Sullivan sued Biz Markie, they were getting away with it.

by Anonymousreply 24February 11, 2016 7:03 PM

Sam Smith's Stay with me/ Tom Petty's I won't back down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 11, 2016 7:10 PM

Hotel California was a ripoff of Jethro Tull's We Used To Know. The Eagles had toured with Tull. Evidently Frey,Felder and Henley were influenced by them someway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 11, 2016 7:13 PM

The Beach Boys took the melody of Chuck Berry's "Sweet Little Sixteen" note for note to write "Surfin' USA." Chuck sued them in court and won, and now he has a credit as co-writer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 11, 2016 7:14 PM

Rod Stewart's "Forever Young" is a pathetic ripoff of Bob Dylan's "Forever Young". At least change the title of the song.

by Anonymousreply 28February 11, 2016 7:16 PM

Chuck Berry himself is guilty of plagiarism. The opening of "Johnny B. Goode" was taken note for note from a Louis Jordan song called "Ain't That Just Like A Woman." The Beach Boys copied that same intro for "Fun Fun Fun."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 11, 2016 7:18 PM

Billy Joel's "Piano Man" tried so hard to channel Dylan's "Tambourine Man". Not even close. That's like having an Etch-A-Sketch imitate Picasso.

by Anonymousreply 30February 11, 2016 7:18 PM

Stairway to Heaven was influenced by certain songs. However a great influence on that song was July by Terry Reid. Jimmy Page had asked him to be Led Zep's original singer. Judging from the homage(on Stairway) Page kept on listening to him for years afterwards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 11, 2016 7:19 PM

Hello, lawsuit!

Well, hello, lawsuit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 11, 2016 7:19 PM

Of course Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues" was copied from Chuck Berry's "Too Much Monkey Business".

by Anonymousreply 33February 11, 2016 7:20 PM

[quote] Rod Stewart's "Forever Young" is a pathetic ripoff of Bob Dylan's "Forever Young". At least change the title of the song.

Rod acknowledges this and actually went to Dylan before he recorded the song to ask permission. Dylan said yes- for a cut of the publishing.

by Anonymousreply 34February 11, 2016 7:20 PM

[quote] Billy Joel's "Piano Man" tried so hard to channel Dylan's "Tambourine Man". Not even close. That's like having an Etch-A-Sketch imitate Picasso.

Poor analogy. Billy Joel is a better singer and musician and not tied to any homophobic religious cults like the overrated Dylan and his Jew for Jesus schtick. And as for Dylan, the authorship of many of his songs is a matter of debate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 11, 2016 7:23 PM

R20

Radiohead were forced to credit The Hollies as co-writers of self-loathing classic “Creep” due to fairly slight chord similarities with 1973 track “The Air That I Breathe.”

by Anonymousreply 36February 11, 2016 7:24 PM

So Dylan's authorship is in doubt? Now that is really interesting. If Billy Joel could come within light years of "Blind Willie McTell', "Abandoned Love" or "Changing of the Guards"I might think you have a point. Dylan's catalog is about a thousand excellent songs. Your attempt to portray him as homophobic and anti-semitic just goes to show how weak your argument is. How do you explain his close working relationship with Allen Ginsberg? I won't waste any more time arguing with you. If you choose to deprecate a truly historic artist in favor of a hack - that's your problem.

by Anonymousreply 37February 11, 2016 7:45 PM

[quote]If you choose to deprecate a truly historic artist in favor of a hack - that's your problem.

I could say the same about you and the rest of Dylan's psychotic, gullible sycophants. Bob Dylan was a horrible singer at every point in his career (he couldn't hit the high notes on "Just The Way You Are" if you kicked him in the crotch, never mind sustain them) and a mediocre musician on a good day. And his songs are not well-written. But what is the worst aspect of his success is that because of him, every lame folkie with an axe to grind was seen as some kind of prophet. They were all false prophets designed to bring down the anti-war movement, and it worked.

[quote]Dylan's catalog is about a thousand excellent songs.

You're off by about a thousand. He was nothing but a huckster and a tool of the establishment. What kind of "rebel" becomes a born-again Christian to save his career? A fraudulent one, that's who.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 11, 2016 8:12 PM

When you argue with a fool, you just have two fools arguing.

by Anonymousreply 39February 11, 2016 8:45 PM

Ask Joni Mitchell what she thinks of Bob Dylan:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 11, 2016 8:47 PM

I don't get r32 's post; how is that plagiarism/ripoff/lawsuit-worthy?

by Anonymousreply 41February 11, 2016 8:51 PM

This is why, R41:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 11, 2016 8:53 PM

The entire structure of The Offsprings' "Why Don't You Get A Job" is "Obladi, Oblada":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 11, 2016 8:54 PM

Beatles ripoffs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 11, 2016 9:17 PM

Funny you should mention that, r22.

My computer boot-up mechanism sounds like the "Woo-hoos" from Weezer's "Buddy Holly!"

by Anonymousreply 45February 11, 2016 10:40 PM

I was going to mention that one, r43!

by Anonymousreply 46February 11, 2016 10:41 PM

[quote] My computer boot-up mechanism sounds like the "Woo-hoos" from Weezer's "Buddy Holly!"

Ha! A kindred spirit!!

Something else in my house sounds like I Love Your Smile by Shanice, and yet another thing sounds like Lonely Nights by Captain & Tennille.

It's hell when I travel.

by Anonymousreply 47February 11, 2016 10:43 PM

Remember that hip hop started on the street, r24.

No one was listening and no one was making money. They were just experiments in discos, on the street and with little or no distribution or promotion. Bootlegs were passed around small groups. Many of these people didn't know copyright law, didn't make it big and didn't try to.

It's only when songs make money in a widespread, professionally distributed way that people noticed, and those that didn't get permission got sued.

Sugar Hill Gang actually recorded a cover of Chic's "Good Times" with their own session musicians for "Rapper's Delight," in the hopes of avoiding a copyright infringement lawsuit.

But they still got sued for stealing another artist's lyrics and had to "Give It Up," as Marvin Gaye's family might say to Pharrell Williams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 11, 2016 11:01 PM

Girls, girls! Dylan and Joel are both pretty!

And flawed.

by Anonymousreply 49February 11, 2016 11:15 PM

Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" ripped off Spirit's "Taurus."

George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" ripped off "He's So Fine" recorded by The Chiffons.

Len's "Steal My Sunshine" ripped off Andrea True Connection's "More More More."

Kid Rock's "All Summer Long" ripped off Waren Zevon's "Werewolves of London."

Little River Band's "Reminiscing" ripped off the theme song from "I Love Lucy."

by Anonymousreply 50February 11, 2016 11:15 PM

[quote] Sugar Hill Gang actually recorded a cover of Chic's "Good Times" with their own session musicians for "Rapper's Delight," in the hopes of avoiding a copyright infringement lawsuit.

A great example of plagiarism. But I was thinking samples, actual recording snippets. And yes, you're right that it started on the streets and in the clubs, but Biz Markie's song surely wasn't the first that had been commercially successful (in fact I know it wasn't). I was just surprised that the number of songs with illegal (for lack of a better word) samples had been commercially successful with no lawsuits or CAD orders.

by Anonymousreply 51February 11, 2016 11:20 PM

r50, Len's "Steal My Sunshine" SAMPLED "More More More," and they probably had permission.

Very different than plagiarism -- I love Len.

by Anonymousreply 52February 11, 2016 11:26 PM

Wow, I'm really disgusted by some beloved musicians on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 53February 11, 2016 11:30 PM

Lady Gaga's "Americano" is basically "Sway," as popularized by Dean Martin, Shaft, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 11, 2016 11:45 PM

The chorus to Madonna's Papa Don't Preach was completely stolen from the chorus of Sam Harris's Sugar Don't Bite...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 11, 2016 11:49 PM

Led Zeppelin has had multiple suits. I knew about "Whole Lotta Love," but not the others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 11, 2016 11:52 PM

Brian McKnight's Anytime totally ripped off Me'shell Ndegeocello's Outside Your Door.

Exhibit A...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 12, 2016 12:00 AM

Exhibit B...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 12, 2016 12:02 AM

George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" is He's So Fine by that girl group

by Anonymousreply 59February 12, 2016 12:03 AM

[quote] George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" is He's So Fine by that girl group

Really? Thanks. It hadn't sunk in the five other times it was mentioned above.

by Anonymousreply 60February 12, 2016 12:04 AM

T-Pain's "Chopped N Skrewed...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 12, 2016 12:05 AM

...borrowed heavily from Janet Jackson's "I Get Lonely"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62February 12, 2016 12:06 AM

Don't forget Gaga's, Alejandro ripping off Ace of Base!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63February 12, 2016 12:08 AM

Speaking of appliances that sound like songs, my ringtone sounds like the opening of Sophie B. Hawkins's As I Lay Me Down.

by Anonymousreply 64February 12, 2016 12:09 AM

Erotic City by Prince was melodically influenced by Laid Back's White Horse.

by Anonymousreply 65February 12, 2016 12:11 AM

[quote] Speaking of appliances that sound like songs, my ringtone sounds like the opening of Sophie B. Hawkins's As I Lay Me Down.

Mine sounds like "Tempted" by Squeeze, and my hold music is the audio from the trailer for Foxy Brown

by Anonymousreply 66February 12, 2016 12:13 AM

The tempo of Madonna's Material Girl was ripped from The Jackson's Can You Feel It

by Anonymousreply 67February 12, 2016 12:15 AM

Des'Ree's Feel So High and Janet's Got 'til It's Gone are similar. Des'Ree ended up suing for royalties (as she also did with Beyoncé's reworking of another of her songs). This artist sings a mashup of Feel So High and Got 'til It's Gone...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 12, 2016 12:19 AM

America's song, "My Country T'is of Thee" is a direct copy of the melody of Great Britain's national anthem, "God Save The Queen".

by Anonymousreply 69February 12, 2016 12:20 AM

[quote] America's song, "My Country T'is of Thee" is a direct copy of the melody of Great Britain's national anthem, "God Save The Queen".

Doesn't surprise me. I always hated that Horse With No Name.

by Anonymousreply 70February 12, 2016 12:23 AM

How could Des'Ree sue Janet for Got Til It's Gone?????

by Anonymousreply 71February 12, 2016 12:23 AM

[quote]America's song, "My Country T'is of Thee" is a direct copy of the melody of Great Britain's national anthem, "God Save The Queen".

And the melody of The Star Spangled Banner, the US national anthem, is lifted directly from an old English drinking song called To Anacreon in Heaven. But these uses don't count as plagiarism because the use of the earlier melodies was openly acknowledged from the beginning; it's not plagiarism if you attribute the original source and don't claim the work as your own.

by Anonymousreply 72February 12, 2016 12:44 AM

"Lord" Andrew Lloyd Webber is the king of plagiarism; the title song for his "Phantom" sequel "Love Never Dies" is a direct ripoff of Adolph Deutsch's main theme to "The Apartment":

"Love Never Dies":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73February 12, 2016 12:47 AM

"The Apartment" theme"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 12, 2016 12:49 AM

Public domain songs don't count, r69.

Tons of folk tunes were re-written with different lyrics prior to the recording industry and copyrights.

by Anonymousreply 75February 12, 2016 4:39 PM

As long as it wasn't done intentionally r53

by Anonymousreply 76February 12, 2016 8:15 PM

I Wear My Sunglasses at Night

by Anonymousreply 77February 12, 2016 10:44 PM

The only sing I like by Oldplay is ripped from guitarist Joe Satriani. That's why I like it.

by Anonymousreply 78February 12, 2016 11:41 PM

The verse in Madonna's "Oh Father" is a slowed down "I Want to Live in America."

by Anonymousreply 79February 12, 2016 11:50 PM

More

by Anonymousreply 80February 13, 2016 11:31 PM

So who has not plagiarized ?

by Anonymousreply 81February 14, 2016 4:47 AM

"Make Em Laugh" from "Singing In The Rain" has the exact same melody as Cole Porter's "Be A Clown". Porter never sued.

by Anonymousreply 82February 14, 2016 5:13 AM

I think Led Zeppelin have the longest history of plagiarizing songs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83February 14, 2016 5:39 AM

[bold]8 songs that hit No 1

Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke

Vivi la Vida - Coldplay

Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice

Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr.

My Sweet Lord - George Harrison

Come Together - Beatles

Do Ya think I'm sexy ? - Rod Stewart

How deep is your love - Bee Gees

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84February 14, 2016 6:05 AM

Part of George Harrison's defence in the claim by the writers of He's So Fine was that both HSF and My Sweet Lord were essentially rip-offs of the old gospel song Oh Happy Day, and he's right.

by Anonymousreply 85February 15, 2016 1:52 AM

Conn's commercials all steal from Journey's "Don't Stop Believing"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86February 15, 2016 2:16 AM

In light of its Grammy win, we'd be remiss to forget that "Uptown Funk" by Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson is really just "Oops Upside Your Head" by the Gap Band!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 16, 2016 11:31 PM

Lady Gaga really is the worst offender.

You can literally sing Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" over "Fashion of His Love."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88February 23, 2016 1:27 AM

I remember some radio deejay going on about Styx copying Led Zep.

by Anonymousreply 89February 23, 2016 1:38 AM

For which songs, r89?

by Anonymousreply 90February 23, 2016 5:22 PM

I think it was Styx's Sweet Madame Blue vs Zep's Baba I'm Gonna Leave You

by Anonymousreply 91February 24, 2016 12:54 PM

Time Magazine has some good observations:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 7, 2016 10:21 PM

Led Zeppelin own this thread.

by Anonymousreply 93March 7, 2016 11:08 PM

"Sax" is a blatant rip-off of "Uptown Funk" (which, as has already been pointed out, is itself a rip-off of "Oops Upside Your Head"):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94March 7, 2016 11:10 PM

I just listened to "Mr. Tambourine Man" by both Dylan and the Byrds, and I did not hear "Piano Man."

As for Gaga channeling Whitney, isn't that a sampling of "I Wanna Be with Somebody"?

by Anonymousreply 95March 7, 2016 11:14 PM

R94, I like that better than Uptown Funk, actually.

by Anonymousreply 96March 7, 2016 11:18 PM

Stairway to heaven

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 17, 2016 3:55 AM

"Express Yourself" is also a rip off, ironically. Of two songs..."respect Yourself" originally done by the Staple singers, and "Express Yourself" by Charles Wright. Madonna's bothered a few melodies in her time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 17, 2016 4:21 AM

If I'm not mistaken R69, All the members of America were army brats in the UK and all had English moms.

Without make-work for lawyers, this thread wouldn't exist.

Thanks R21, for making sense.

All the Zep haters can squeeze my lemon. You're intensely boring. Fuck off already.

by Anonymousreply 99June 17, 2016 5:14 AM

This one pisses me off: cheating-website Ashley Madison's radio jingle is a blatant ripoff of Schoolhouse Rock's "Adverb" song

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100June 17, 2016 8:24 PM

The bass line from Oasis' "Waiting for the Rapture" is a complete ripoff of the riff from The Doors' "Five to One".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 17, 2016 8:42 PM

Led Zep

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 18, 2016 9:41 PM

When I saw the thread title on thought it said "Playgirl songs"....and I thought , YAY, i love seeing pics of hot Playgirl models!

Guess that demonstrates where MY mind's at.

And ya know what? What the hell....i'm gonna post em anyway!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 18, 2016 10:41 PM

Green days 21 guns vs Mott the Hoople/Bowies all the young dudes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 18, 2016 10:41 PM

"Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" ripped off Spirit's "Taurus.""

Robert Plant and Jimmy Page are currently in court dealing with a lawsuit over ripping off Spirit's "Taurus". Unfortunately, the man who composed it, Spirit guitarist, Randy California, drowned in Hawaii in the late 1990s.

Zeppelin have ripped off so many musicians, from black American bluesman, to folk musicians such as the late Bert Jansch to Jake Holmes, a New York based musician, they totally ripped of his song "Dazed and Confused". Jake later went on to write some hits for Streisand.

The sheer fact that Zep were so blatant about ripping off Jake Holmes is just mind boggling, especially as Holmes' LP featuring the song was out BEFORE Zep's first LP. How the hell could they claim they wrote the song?! Holmes LP listed he was the composer.

by Anonymousreply 105June 19, 2016 6:50 AM

I just heard Ani DiFranco's "Sorry I Am". Did Pink Floyd ever sue her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 24, 2017 11:25 PM

Fantasy by Earth,Wind and Fire has a very sped up Stairway to Heaven like hook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 17, 2019 9:43 PM

I think one of the plagiarists behind Book of Mormon must be behind this.

by Anonymousreply 108February 17, 2019 9:56 PM

[quote]Madonna's bothered a few melodies in her time.

You're telling ME.

by Anonymousreply 109February 17, 2019 10:28 PM

Was the Book of Mormon (the musical, not the religious "text" although I don't think the latter even treid to hide it) anything other than plagiarized songs?

by Anonymousreply 110April 26, 2019 8:51 PM

Andrew Lloyd Weber's "The Music of the Night" rips off "School days, school days, dear old golden rule days." Bob Marley's "Buffalo Soldiers" rips off the theme song of "The Banana Splits."

by Anonymousreply 111April 26, 2019 9:23 PM

Michael Jackson was sued for plagiarism for his song “Will You Be There”. It’s similar to "I Cigni di Balaka“ by Italian artist Albano Carrisi.

by Anonymousreply 112April 26, 2019 9:35 PM

When you reach a certain age you come to the realization that music is just rehashed over and over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 113April 26, 2019 9:40 PM

Madonna - Ray Of Light. It's literally a complete ripoff.

by Anonymousreply 114April 26, 2019 9:56 PM

How are the current generations of Gen Z'rs and Millennial "singers" (I won't even call them musicians) not suing the ever loving shit out of each other - considering how much their music sounds all exactly them same!

by Anonymousreply 115April 26, 2019 10:09 PM

Blondie's Call Me and Black Sabbath's Children of the Grave

by Anonymousreply 116April 26, 2019 11:32 PM

Dear R113,

R21 already said that, and he said it better.

by Anonymousreply 117April 27, 2019 2:19 AM

R21 Musician? That is laughable. The music is identical for Blurred Lines and Got to Give it Up, lyrics are different though. Born This Way is absolutely nothing like Express Yourself but has been pointed out by many to be an exact copy beat for beat of Girls Generation [SNSD] song Be Happy. Gaga never changed anything except for the lyrics to match the song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 26, 2019 12:15 PM

Nirvana's "Come As You Are" riff is lifted right off of Killing Joke's single, "Eighties." It was more or less publicly acknowledged by both bands and their management teams through the 90's. There was a constant back-and-forth and supposed lawsuit but all that ever came of it was a press and attention boost for the already established Killing Joke, and even more notoriety for Nirvana. Later, David Ghrol ended up playing drums on one of Killing Jokes' later albums, in his Foo Fighter days.

by Anonymousreply 119June 26, 2019 2:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!