Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gymnast Gina Gogean

Stunning beauty, remarkable champion, face of a Nation... eyes of a dead robot.

Who the original thread should have been about and you know it, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602April 12, 2016 11:56 PM

Link to old thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2016 1:16 AM

You never degraded yourself, because nobody anywhere, ever wanted to see those shriveled-up, wrinkled prunes you called titties!!

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2016 1:20 AM

Lavinia your breasts are disgusting and you only have them because you're fat. It is quite unappealing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2016 1:22 AM

Lavinia always reminded me of a more butch Kristy McNichol...

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2016 1:23 AM

Yesss! Finally someone wants to talk about me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2016 1:25 AM

I paved the way for all of you bitches.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2016 1:31 AM

Thanks for continuing this. It's been fantastic. Incredibly informative, entertaining and funny.

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2016 1:32 AM

That makes sense Teodora because your face resembled five miles of Romanian sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2016 1:32 AM

Nadia... I took an Olympic Silver Medal right next to you and nobody even knows that I was there!

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2016 1:36 AM

Nadia, I guess you forgot that they called me the pretty one. How's your beard... Um, I mean, husband Bart doing? Is he still playing leap frog with the junior boy's team? Kisses!

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2016 1:37 AM

It's so telling that 20 years later, we are still talking about the great gymnasts from the '90s, with nary a comment about the horribleness of the 2000s and 2010s, with their bland, forgettable gymnastics.

90s gymnastics rocked, and 1996 was it's last great hurrah!

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2016 1:39 AM

Oh, Teo, you're still upset that my new best friend was Dorina....Ungureanu. And at least my beard isn't on my fat face the way yours is. Do you still get a rash from walking because your thighs rub together?

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2016 1:39 AM

Honey Nadia R12, you're the last person who should be making comments about "beards," what with your gay dickbreath power-bottom husband and that turkey baster baby of yours!

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2016 1:41 AM

[quote]90s gymnasticts rocked, and 1996 was it's last great hurrah!

Seriously, it was telling that in 2000 the US field was so damn weak that 4 of the members from the 96 team were serious contenders for a spot to Sydney despite barely training for 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2016 1:44 AM

Nadia, You are just jealous that my husband actually fucks me with his huge Rumanian wiener. I am so special that apparently two posters are writing notes to you for me.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2016 1:44 AM

Nadia you have always been such a liar. Everyone knows I'm the pretty one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2016 1:46 AM

Did someone say, "mustache?"

Want to ride mine?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2016 1:47 AM

[quote]1996 was it's last great hurrah!

The sad thing is... the Mag Seven? That was TWENTY fucking years ago.

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2016 1:48 AM

I had idea Alicia Sacramone was so accomplished in her career - except of course at the Olympics, where she fucked up in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2016 1:49 AM

"no idea"

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2016 1:50 AM

Steve, my mouth rode your "back mustache" for a good 10 years, and even with all the plastic surgery, I still can't get your taste off my lips!!

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2016 1:50 AM

I really do think Kathy Johnson was posting on the first thread. The few ones that defended her looks.

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2016 1:50 AM

I'd like to offer my moustache services too... as long as you meet my age requirements.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2016 1:59 AM

But none of you cunts have been to space!

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2016 2:35 AM

Speaking of cunts...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2016 2:42 AM

Why are you wearing those Thelma Harper orthopedic mules, Svetlana? Hell, I'm old af and even I know from dowdy!

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2016 2:48 AM

Fuck you Cathy. At least I have decency to not have tan lines!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2016 3:02 AM

Why you bitches no talk about me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2016 3:25 AM

We might -- viciously, of course, if we knew who the fuck you were, R28.

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2016 3:30 AM

Fuck you Gina at R29. You're so fucking jealous that I'm one of the most successful our beloved Romania ever produced.

How many Golds do you have again? Oh, that's right.

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2016 3:34 AM

I thought she might have been a rhythmic gymnast but no balls.

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2016 3:35 AM

I am the most gorgeous World and Olympic Champion of all time. I could have made any of you lesbo bitches into my personal love slave. Look! Even the judges are stunned by my beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2016 3:42 AM

This isn't a men's gymnastics forum, Alex. Kindly leave. You may have been striking at the time, but now you're old, and fucking short -- for a man. Male gymnasts are attractive to underage girls, not women. And, you're probably a fag anyway.

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2016 5:21 AM

Ditiatin was a beauty! I think he's an airport security guard now.

R9 Thank you for quoting the brilliant syndicated made-for-television classic, 'Nadia', starring George Clooney's first wife Talia Balsam as Marta, Jonathon Banks as Nadia' father and the late-great Carrie Snodgrass as her mother. Oh yeah, and soon to beloved Conchata Ferrell as Millie Simionescu. Loved the scene where Nadia drinks bleach and then Bela catches her in the middle of the night stealing a hoagie from the refrigerator. "No Stefania! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2016 11:17 AM

Stunning beauty? Where???

by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2016 1:12 PM

[quote] "No Stefania! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - OOO!!!"

One of my favorite lines from that amazing movie. And her dad was hot in a dirty kind of way.

"I have often wondered what would have happened if Bela had chosen you instead of me in Paris."

"So have I. "

by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2016 1:20 PM

Joe Bennett, who replaced Robert Lupone as Zach on Broadway in ACL played Bela. The best moment in the movie, and it came from Nadia's book, was when she failed on the beam and instead of seeing a loving, motherly moment from Marta, instead she smacked her in the back of the head.

And don't forget, it was me who did all the stunting for the "actress" who played Nadia. I did, after all, beat her for the World Championship in Bars in 1978 and she dusted chalk dust in my face after.

by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2016 1:32 PM

Marcia we are well aware of your "Extra" the work in that film.. we've already have given you the two posts you were worth.

Be gone now!

by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2016 1:34 PM

I'm not shocked you peasants can't appreciate the regal beauty of Alexander the Great. I deserve this thread, not some toothless Romanian transvestite who never won an Olympic or World All Around Gold medal. Ooh, here comes my wife. Just bow down, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2016 2:25 PM

Stop trying to make him happen.. clearly it's not going to happen. Be gone!

by Anonymousreply 40January 18, 2016 3:49 PM

I already happened Gogean, Gene. I was the most decorated athlete at a single Olympics ever until pothead Michael Phelps. What have you accomplished? Aside from working in the fields with a Romanian flag as a scarf on your head?

by Anonymousreply 41January 18, 2016 3:53 PM

It is worth noting that Marcia Frederick as the stunt double for Johann Carlo (WHET?) was not able to do Nadia's signature Comaneci release move and so had to do a Hindorff release which Nadia did later in her career (when I assume the Comaneci became too difficult for her, too!)

by Anonymousreply 42January 18, 2016 3:59 PM

I taped the movie Nadia when it first aired right before the '84 Olympics and I watched it over and over and over again...

Nadia made the comment that the actress who played her was too old, but the reality was that two actresses played her (Leslie Weiner and Johann Carlo) and they had Carlo play her (as the more mature Nadia) during the Montreal sequences probably because physically she was more similar to stunt double Frederick, but in reality the real Nadia of Montreal much more resembled Wiener, the younger Nadia. Carlo, however, did look like the Nadia post-weight gain and suicide attempt of Strasbourg '78. I also loved how they had Teodora as boy-crazy and Nadia as food-crazy, (the night before the Montreal Games, they sneak out to a cafe and Nadia's stuffing her maw with a sunday while Teodora's cruisin the dudes.)

by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2016 4:03 PM

Shannon Miller's Scrunchie. That is all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 18, 2016 4:09 PM

Why no love for Maria Olaru? Romania's other World AA Champ!

by Anonymousreply 45January 18, 2016 5:53 PM

Maria Olaru, you were the death knell to the prestige and greatness of a World AA title! You were so bland, boring and colorless that the Sydney commentators failed to mention you were the reigning World Champ!

And everybody knows I should have won and would have made a much more worthy AA champion!

by Anonymousreply 46January 18, 2016 6:49 PM

OP (aka Gina herself) must have been responsible for this atrocious montage of the Ghastly One herself!

On an unrelated note, "Gina Gogean Smile" would be an excellent, ironic name for a death-metal band.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 18, 2016 6:57 PM

And now after discussing Olaru and Gogean, let's detox this thread with a lovely, under-appreciated Romanian gymnast!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 18, 2016 7:01 PM

Does ANYONE remember me? I was going to be the next big thing - I had six Worlds medals including two AA medals, and was the one to watch heading into 2012. I blew out my knee vaulting in 2011 and at the 2012 trials, I fell off bars three times in one your routine, at which time my coach was like "whatever" and told me to stop. Asshole. I'm a victim of the system. I was set up to fail, probably by my fuckhead coach Valeri Liukin who didn't want me to overshadow his cunt daughter's accomplishment's. Joke's on you Valeri, an American BLACK girl went on to obtain AA Gold in 2012 - deservedly, unlike Nasty-a.

BTW, if the look on my face appeared as though I was always smelling shit -- it's because I was. Laxative abuse was rampant and some of the girls had leakage problems.

by Anonymousreply 49January 18, 2016 7:14 PM

I've noticed that a lot of the Romanian gymnasts are quite dark-complected. Gypsy Roma blood??

by Anonymousreply 50January 18, 2016 7:14 PM

I loved you Gina because you made me look cute. So what if I picked my ass the second I got off the rostrum. And you can hear even Jim McKay noticed we were all overjoyed that that fat cow Nadia wasn't with us in the event finals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 18, 2016 7:26 PM

Nobody gives a shit R41.. it's not happening. Go get your own thread.

by Anonymousreply 52January 18, 2016 8:37 PM

So are most male gymnasts big homos like in figure skating?

by Anonymousreply 53January 18, 2016 8:43 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 54January 19, 2016 2:04 AM

Emilia, you fake Hungarian, anorexic gypsy, are you still bitter at us that you never reached the level of fame of our darling Nadia?? You had a face only a mother could love!

by Anonymousreply 55January 19, 2016 2:07 AM

How could you bitches miss this????

[quote]Double Olympic gold-medalist Shannon Miller's ex-husband charged 'after bomb disposal experts discovered him with a cache of hazardous chemicals'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 19, 2016 2:22 AM

Was the cache of "hazardous chemicals" all of the Botox and fillers Shannon Miller injects into her face?

by Anonymousreply 57January 19, 2016 2:33 AM

Dominique shut the fuck up and go eat some more chalk you nasty pig.

by Anonymousreply 58January 19, 2016 2:38 AM

Did you all notice Peggy Liddick, Kim Zmeskal, Jenny Thompson, and Dominique Moceanu in the photo of Shannon's wedding at the link in R56?

They were her bridesmaids along with TWELVE others, six of which included the other Mag 7 girls.

She also made her husband put Bart Connor in his wedding party even though he had never met him... and didn't meet him until the day of their wedding.

by Anonymousreply 59January 19, 2016 2:45 AM

Bela broke my vagina bone, y'all!

by Anonymousreply 60January 19, 2016 3:17 AM

Marta pegged me with dildo all the way to prolapsed asshole!! And NOW she complaining about having to change zee diaper???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 19, 2016 3:20 AM

SOME BITCH POISONED ME!!!

by Anonymousreply 62January 19, 2016 3:32 AM

Another Romanian pretty who deserved to have more a successful career and recognition than she ultimately ever received! Funny how it's more obscure Romanian gymnasts who were much more pleasing to watching than their A-team of robots (Milo, GOgean, Amanar, Olaru)!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 19, 2016 6:53 AM

Tell me about it, us pretty ones were always ignored!

by Anonymousreply 64January 19, 2016 7:22 AM

Oana, you were not pretty! You looked like a special ed, Aspergers lesbian who got lost on her way to the Special Olympics!

Now me, on the other hand!

by Anonymousreply 65January 19, 2016 8:00 AM

I pretty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 19, 2016 8:01 AM

Bai Chunyue, you look like a chubby-faced little rat! You make me feel pretty!

by Anonymousreply 67January 19, 2016 4:33 PM

I think the only female gymnast I would ever describe as beautiful would be the much maligned Ludmilla Tourischeva. She resembled Natalie Wood when she was competing. However, for whatever reason the minute she retired she had a baby, chopped off her hair and forever after looked like a Babuschka and she was only like 25.

by Anonymousreply 68January 19, 2016 5:08 PM

That's what happens to all Russians R68!

by Anonymousreply 69January 19, 2016 5:14 PM

R68, that was not the public opinion. The Soviet girls, all of them, said they resented Liubov Burda for her physical beauty. Burda was on the 1972 Olympic team that included Korbut and Tourischeva. She also married one of the most vile commie gymnasts of all time, Andrianov. Lest we forget that Tourischeva dedicated her 72 Olympic AA gold to "cementing Communism".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 19, 2016 5:34 PM

What about ME.. my nickname was Daisy... named after Romanian's most beloved cow cartoon! Even Bela named his cow Daisy!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 19, 2016 11:04 PM

Enough with the sad Romanians reliving the glory years. Your program isn't much to right home about any more. Well, I guess that's why you're reliving the glory years.

by Anonymousreply 72January 19, 2016 11:09 PM

[quote] Your program isn't much to right home about any more.

Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 73January 19, 2016 11:12 PM

"write" not "right" Fuck, I'll never live it down.

by Anonymousreply 74January 19, 2016 11:16 PM

Let's be real.. I'm the prettiest thing Romania ever produced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 19, 2016 11:21 PM

Why no votes for me?

Oh, right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 19, 2016 11:23 PM

[quote]I think the only female gymnast I would ever describe as beautiful would be the much maligned Ludmilla Tourischeva

Because you is stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 19, 2016 11:24 PM

I always had a soft spot for Natalia Laschenova.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 20, 2016 12:33 AM

And Natalia always had a "soft spot" for cock,what with getting knocked up as a teen and having to end her gymnastics career because she couldn't stop fucking!

by Anonymousreply 79January 20, 2016 1:04 AM

Awe... poor Bontas. Still so bitter you got upstaged and humiliated by #2 on the squad?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 20, 2016 1:07 AM

Laura Cutina actually looks kinda okay today for a Romanian. And look at those gazongas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 20, 2016 1:10 AM

[quote]And look at those gazongas.

Did someone call for gazongas?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 20, 2016 1:12 AM

Everyone look below:

This is the face of a slut.

A teenage HO who couldn't keep her legs together and the '80s Russian version of MTV's trashy teen moms.

Rumor has it that she and Bogi let the whole USA men's swim and tracks team into their Olympic dorm at Seoul! :-O

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 20, 2016 1:34 AM

Brandy... go do another floor routine to Donna Summer and let the rest of us real gymnasts chat, ok?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 20, 2016 1:39 AM

I'm a beauty! I'm a star! I'm just like Marilyn!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 20, 2016 1:41 AM

Brandy, you were always a fat, pig-faced wanna be ho. I hope you're back waterskiing barefoot in alligator country with your size 14 feet.

by Anonymousreply 86January 20, 2016 1:45 AM

Are we still talking about hot gymnasts? Am I on time?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 20, 2016 1:47 AM

Oh, look it's Tweedle-dee, Tweedle-dumb!

Beth, I was always scared to compete after you on bars, because only because I feared that your fat-ass strained the equipment too much and the entire apparatus would collapse!

by Anonymousreply 88January 20, 2016 1:51 AM

Shannon, will you ever admit you faked this?

Silly, bitch.. you had no clue how to go out on top.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 20, 2016 1:58 AM

So what are the biggest scandals in gymnastics? Besides Don Peters very inappropriately boinking underage Doe Y.? Or Dominique Moceanu running off with a married man to the Cayman Islands at age 17?

As an aside, one of my favorite "what if's" in gymnastics is wondering what a 1996 Unified/Soviet team would have looked like? Who would have made the cut? Lilipod, Khorkina, Dina, Roza. Boginskaya? Piskun? Who else?

by Anonymousreply 90January 20, 2016 2:01 AM

R89 - Shannon Miller's comeback fall to her ass on vault is almost as delicious as Nasty-a's "comeback" attempt on bars in 2012!!! HA!

by Anonymousreply 91January 20, 2016 2:03 AM

[quote]Or Dominique Moceanu running off with a married man to the Cayman Islands at age 17?

I'm not familiar with this... do tell!

by Anonymousreply 92January 20, 2016 2:06 AM

[quote]As an aside, one of my favorite "what if's" in gymnastics is wondering what a 1996 Unified/Soviet team would have looked like? Who would have made the cut? Lilipod, Khorkina, Dina, Roza. Boginskaya? Piskun? Who else?

Boguinskaya would never have made that squad. I don't even think Lilia would have either, frankly.

by Anonymousreply 93January 20, 2016 2:07 AM

[quote] Or Dominique Moceanu running off with a married man to the Cayman Islands at age 17?

[quote] I'm not familiar with this... do tell!

Right around the time, Dominique was divorcing her parents due to her father's abuse, a family friend, Brian Huggins, helped her runaway and try to emancipate herself. Dominique's dad did not take favorably to this and put a hit out for Huggins' life. At that time, Huggins was 32 and married and Domi was 17. Supposedly to escape the dangers of Domi's dad, the pair traveled to the Cayman Islands "for their safety." Which, uh, yeah right, you're fearing for your life, so the most logical place to find safety is in a romantic island getaway. That was the gist of it, I think. Crazy times!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 20, 2016 2:15 AM

who is your team then, R93?

by Anonymousreply 95January 20, 2016 2:16 AM

Just read about the Moceanu and Huggins thing... he wasn't a family friend, he was the guy who sold them gym equipment!

Nice to know that Moceanu got her popped by an old, married dude...

by Anonymousreply 96January 20, 2016 2:16 AM

R95 I think if there would have been a Soviet Squad it would probably have been made up of who was already on the Russian squad. None of the former Soviet Countries fielded great squads after the breakup. Obviously, the Russians faired better than Ukraine, Belarus, or Uzbekistan.

I think the squad would still have been:

Khorkina, Galieva, Kochetkova, and maybe Piskuin, Grosheva and Chusovitina as their veteran.

From what I recall, one of the coaches of the soviet team... Arkaev? Once siad Lilia would not have been noticed at Round Lake. I remember reading somewhere that Lilia did train at Round Lake briefly but was dismissed as they didn't see anything special about her.

by Anonymousreply 97January 20, 2016 2:25 AM

Thank you for the picture of Beth Twaddle. I will now have nightmares tonight.

by Anonymousreply 98January 20, 2016 2:49 AM

[quote] Nice to know that Moceanu got her popped by an old, married dude...

You Romanian women are real homewreckers, ain't ya??!

(Yes, I'm looking at you Nadia and Dominique Moceanu)!

by Anonymousreply 99January 20, 2016 8:03 AM

[quote] You Romanian women are real homewreckers, ain't ya??!

"So what?! "

by Anonymousreply 100January 20, 2016 12:08 PM

[quote]And Natalia always had a "soft spot" for cock,what with getting knocked up as a teen and having to end her gymnastics career because she couldn't stop fucking!

Pathetic that you have to waste your time making up such lies. I retired when I was 20... I used my pussy to throw triple backs.. not fuck and have babies.

by Anonymousreply 101January 20, 2016 4:03 PM

Natalia, I thought they were deporting your ass. Gymnastics doesn't go for booze and drugs.

by Anonymousreply 102January 20, 2016 4:19 PM

So what did Elena Piskun have to say about Shannon Miller? I somehow missed all that.

by Anonymousreply 103January 20, 2016 6:07 PM

At the 93 Worlds Shannon qualified for the Vault Finals. The morning of the finals she pulled out of them saying she was, "sick."

Elena basically spat out something to the effect of, "Bitch, please, we all knew she was going to pull out. She's not sick. She sucks at vault and doesn't want to embarrass herself or tarnish her "winning" streak.

by Anonymousreply 104January 20, 2016 6:15 PM

Speaking of vaults... I remember Mary Lou Retton claiming that when she was competing she used to throw a double twisting Tsuk... I always found this hard to believe. Anyone ever see it?

by Anonymousreply 105January 20, 2016 6:25 PM

I never heard her say that but it seems highly unlikely. Then again, if she did it tucked, it's possible as her vaults were higher and longer than any other gymnast. If you ever saw her do it live, there was such velocity that it seemed almost not humanly possible.

by Anonymousreply 106January 20, 2016 7:51 PM

R104, that makes no sense. Shannon threw a near-perfect Yurchenko vault in the qualifiers that year. I don't think she ever landed a double in competition, though she supposedly trained it, but this was more than enough to get her a medal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 20, 2016 7:56 PM

R106 it was supposedly in the layout position.

by Anonymousreply 108January 20, 2016 8:04 PM

R107 it makes perfect sense. Shannon had a fine Yurchenko for AA competition but it was only worth a 9.8. Shannon did not have a second vault that would have allowed her to come close to being a medal contender.

by Anonymousreply 109January 20, 2016 8:07 PM

This is one citation of Mary Lou being the first woman to perform a double twisting layed out Tsuk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 20, 2016 8:09 PM

R109 but Shannon won prelims and in 1992/3 was sticking her vaults like no one else. Plus she was training (and supposedly landing) the double in practice and had planned it for competition. Her illness also explains her faltering on the beam final, when that was usually her best event.

by Anonymousreply 111January 20, 2016 8:15 PM

R110, I followed Retton closely during that period and never saw anything of the kind. A quick look at google suggests that she performed the vault several times but I think the people writing the articles just didn't know what they were talking about.

by Anonymousreply 112January 20, 2016 8:22 PM

R111

What part of prelims not equating to her medaling in finals?

She wasn't competing a double twisting Yurchenko, and I sincerely doubt she was ever even really training one. Even if she had one? She didn't have a strong second vault from a different family, which was required for event finals.

You could easily get into the event finals on your AA vault, fine... but to get into finals she never had to compete a second, different vault, which she would have needed to medal.

by Anonymousreply 113January 20, 2016 8:23 PM

R112 MaryLou stated in her own biography that she was competing a double Tsuk. I remember her saying that she could technically score above a 10 (a 10.5, I believe) because of the difficulty level.

by Anonymousreply 114January 20, 2016 8:24 PM

Also R111, I didn't say Shannon wasn't actually sick, I stated what Elena said they felt about it.

by Anonymousreply 115January 20, 2016 8:26 PM

I wonder how gymnasts like Shannon and Mary Lou would have done with the modern vaulting table vs. the old side horse.

BTW, why don't national teams have image consultants. Miller went so long with that awful scrunchie and hair. Someone could have pointed it out. Looks aside, she really was a great gymnast.

by Anonymousreply 116January 20, 2016 8:30 PM

[quote]BTW, why don't national teams have image consultants. Miller went so long with that awful scrunchie and hair. Someone could have pointed it out. Looks aside, she really was a great gymnast.

Not all of us needed image consultants!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117January 20, 2016 8:38 PM

According to this, MaryLou did at least attempt a Double Twisting Tsuk at the American Classic in 1983.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118January 20, 2016 8:47 PM

I remember reading that MLR was doing the double twisting tsuk, too, but always assumed that they were confusing it with her single twisting one, which was phenomenal. I think a lot of woman were doing the single twisting tsuk in tuck position at that time, but I don't think many (Stoyanova, maybe?) were doing it layed out. MLR was very much the Simone Biles of her time, incredible spring and power, way ahead of her time on two events (V, FX), though MLR was much less of an AA gymnast than Simone. That her beam was getting in the 9.8 area at the L.A. Games (and she finished 4th on beam in event finals) speaks to the lack of depth in that field.

Actually, Laschenova is the other notably powerful, springy gymnast aside from Biles and MLR that comes to mind, (oh yeah and Vanessa Atler, because someone always has to bring up the great 'what might have been' Atler) but she was a much more complete package. Very nice dance, great extension and toe point. One of the most talented gymnasts ever, too bad she was so inconsistent.

by Anonymousreply 119January 20, 2016 8:49 PM

MRL should have tried a 1.5 twisting layout Tsuk landing forward. That would have been badass.

by Anonymousreply 120January 20, 2016 8:51 PM

I didn't see her name there R118, but if there's that much documentation, it must have happened and I never saw it or perhaps don't remember it because I didn't see it competed. I'm trying to remember if the announcers at the 84 Olympics said she had a double prepared for the Vault finals but I thought she did a handspring pike with a half out.

As I said, because of her height, distance and velocity, a double layout would not be out of the question.

by Anonymousreply 121January 20, 2016 9:43 PM

R115, I realize you didn't say it. Regardless, I think Elena is full of shit. Shannon had reworked all her routines to fit the new code in 1993. There's no way she wasn't going in at least considering upgrading her vault (which she definitely did by the 1994 season). And even if she planned to do the same Yurchenko, she still had a decent shot to medal because she almost always stuck that landing perfectly. Plus, she'd already failed to medal in beam, her best event, so pulling out of vault would not have preserved her "winning" streak.

by Anonymousreply 122January 20, 2016 10:00 PM

[quote] And even if she planned to do the same Yurchenko, she still had a decent shot to medal because she almost always stuck that landing

hahaha. NOPE. You keep ignoring the fact that Shannon did NOT have a good, competitive, second vault. If she would have had to do two different vaults to qualify for Event Finals she would never had qualified.

There's a reason why Shannon has a total of Zero medals on vault at the World or Olympic level.

by Anonymousreply 123January 20, 2016 10:21 PM

R123 is right. The Yurchenko was great, but it's all she really had. She could nail it, but had no second high difficulty go-to vault. She should have developed a fully twisting tucked Tsuk or at least a front on, pike with a half off. But that second one was probably too easy for winning vault medals.

by Anonymousreply 124January 20, 2016 10:33 PM

[quote]Plus, she'd already failed to medal in beam, her best event, so pulling out of vault would not have preserved her "winning" streak.

No. Vault finals happened before Beam finals.

by Anonymousreply 125January 20, 2016 10:40 PM

Shannon Miller's 94 vault was not an upgrade, in my opinion. The fucking Phelps vault was a travesty.

by Anonymousreply 126January 20, 2016 10:42 PM

R121 this is what it says about Retton in R118:

[quote]*Zamolodchikova, 1999 Worlds / attempted by Mary Lou Retton, 1983 American Classic Double-twisting Layout Tsuk [DTT] -- 6.0 (3.34) Retroactively named w. 2007 COP.

by Anonymousreply 127January 20, 2016 10:44 PM

Looks like Mary Lou could actually do a Double Tsukahara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128January 20, 2016 10:47 PM

R128, that looked like a single.

by Anonymousreply 129January 20, 2016 10:49 PM

I'm pretty sure it's a double, R129. The second twist looks like it happens once Bela is sort of blocking the view.

by Anonymousreply 130January 20, 2016 10:52 PM

That is most definitely a single.

by Anonymousreply 131January 20, 2016 11:20 PM

Oh yeah, well Mary Lou's pussy and ass do a double twisting FUKUSHIMA everytime she relieves herself into her adult diaper!!! Pee-uuu!

by Anonymousreply 132January 20, 2016 11:21 PM

I agree, that's a full, not a double full.

by Anonymousreply 133January 20, 2016 11:47 PM

Looked like a single to me too but then when I pause/slow it down it does look like a double. Video quality and camera position is poor though so can't really tell.

by Anonymousreply 134January 20, 2016 11:56 PM

Simona, since you married a man 30 years older than you, you should know a little about adult diapers.

by Anonymousreply 135January 20, 2016 11:57 PM

Awe, so bitter Agache at R135. Mad that this is the only Lavinia that people think about... and that she still gets more respect than you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 21, 2016 12:01 AM

Milo, you tried to entice men with your titties that look like sandbags. I got myself a hunky Cop husband who uses his big nightstick on me every night.

by Anonymousreply 137January 21, 2016 12:11 AM

Shannon did the double twisiting yurchenko in 93

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138January 21, 2016 1:16 AM

And she still wouldn't win a Vault medal with it!

by Anonymousreply 139January 21, 2016 2:49 AM

Maria at r71 is beautiful to watch

by Anonymousreply 140January 21, 2016 2:58 AM

How do we know Shannon had plastic surgery?

by Anonymousreply 141January 21, 2016 3:00 AM

I always felt like Dominique Dawes was a gymnast with enough power, talent and natural ability to have learned harder tricks (a DTY, more difficult tumbling) but well, the code didn't require it..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142January 21, 2016 3:37 AM

R134, that's a full. You don't hit the second twist on the way down it's 1-1 so MLR did 1/2-1/2 which was perfectly executed by the way. I would like to see a video of the double sook.

by Anonymousreply 143January 21, 2016 2:48 PM

Were the Russians expected to win the team title Gold at the 96 Games? I always thought the Romanians were considered the frontrunners, until they started losing members to injuries.

by Anonymousreply 144January 21, 2016 4:38 PM

R144 it was really supposed to be a battle between Romania and the US. Russia wasn't a particularly strong team, but was still expected to challenge for a medal. Russia was most likely going to compete with China for the Bronze.

As you mentioned, Romania had injury after injury and couldn't field their best team so slipped down behind Russia.

If I remember correctly, China couldn't maintain the exceptional performances they had at Worlds (managing their nerves) and ended up not making the top 4. I believe Ukraine passed them by and competed in the final group.

by Anonymousreply 145January 21, 2016 4:47 PM

Nevermind, China did finish 4th but they may have not made it into the final 4 because of poor performances in the Compulsories. They may have rallied in the team and ended up taking 4th from Ukraine who got the last spot in the final group. I can't remember though.

by Anonymousreply 146January 21, 2016 4:53 PM

The USA really did have the best, most optimal team in Atlanta with the Mag 7. No other configuration would have worked better. I don't think the US has ever fielded a stronger team since.

by Anonymousreply 147January 21, 2016 6:07 PM

R147 if I remember correctly, there was no other configuration that would have worked. The rest of the National team didn't even come close to matching the Mag 7 in terms of skill level, polish, and International Experience. Hell, Amanda Borden was barely up the the rest of her teammates levels.

The US lucked out that the majority of the 96 squad were "veterans" and had competed at a high level prior to 92. The USGF after 92 (or was it USA Gymnastics by that point?) groomed these seven as they were basically the only ones they repeatedly sent out to International competition. This is unlike Romania and former Soviet Bloc Nations which try to get a variety of gymnasts out there.

Look at who rounded out the field at Trials... if one of the Mag 7 had been replaced it would have been with:

Theresa Kulikowski Mary Beth Arnold Katie Teft Jennie Thompson

None of them were great, certainly not at the level of the Mag 7, and had no real International Experience. In my opinion that was one of the reasons why after 96 the US sort of went downhill for a few years because they had previously only focused on the Mag 7 (sending those 7 out) and not grooming younger talent.

by Anonymousreply 148January 21, 2016 6:15 PM

Wasn't Jennie Thompson considered a great or near great? Almost the next big thing. And Mary Beth was perhaps the best bar worker in the US.

by Anonymousreply 149January 21, 2016 7:19 PM

R149

M'eh. Bela kind of dubbed her the new Kim Zmeskal, which he was trying desperately to make happen (I believe he even had her copy Kim's middle pass on floor when she was a Jr.). When Thompson moved to Nunno's after Karolyi closed up shop, Nunno tried to make her a mini-Shannon. That was probably more accurate than her being a little Kim because Thompson cried constantly. Thompson was supposed to be better than Dominique Moceanu (they trained together at Karolyi's), however, Thompson was never a good competitor. She was sort of like the pre-Atler in that way that she'd fall apart at basically every competition.

by Anonymousreply 150January 21, 2016 8:07 PM

[quote] And Mary Beth was perhaps the best bar worker in the US.

R149, you don't mean Kulikowski was one of the best bar workers in the US?

I was fond of MBA's work on beam, though. She was lowballed for her optional beam set at Trials (a mere 9.625 for a routine that would have went 9.8 for one of the bigger names). Looking back, it's possible that MBA could have replaced Borden without a hitch, but for sentimental reasons and for team morale, I'm glad Borden got the green light. Borden had also been around a long time by then, just as long as Dawes, Miller and Strug, and she did give the team a morale boost as Team Captain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151January 21, 2016 11:16 PM

Mary Beth's Trials optional beam set:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152January 21, 2016 11:18 PM

R151, I can't comment because that was right about the time I started getting bored with gymnastics. What I do remember about MBA, which caused my comment, was Kathy Johnson saying that she was a potential world champion on bars and comparing her to Julianne McNamara.

by Anonymousreply 153January 22, 2016 12:14 AM

[quote] She was sort of like the pre-Atler in that way that she'd fall apart at basically every competition.

Oh Vanessa Atler...haven't seen her mentioned until now.

Boy what a headcase she was.

I don't think I've seen a gymnast implode so spectacularly on the international stage as she did at 99 Worlds on this beam routine. It was embarrassing to see an elite gymnast go out there and basically have a mental breakdown.

It was the beginning of the end for her after this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154January 22, 2016 1:06 AM

Strange because bars was her weakness. Never knew her to have beam headcase difficulties prior to this meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 155January 22, 2016 1:11 AM

[quote]I don't think I've seen a gymnast implode so spectacularly on the international stage as she did

Apparently you don't remember me at the 94 Team Worlds in prelims!

by Anonymousreply 156January 22, 2016 1:24 AM

[quote]Oh Vanessa Atler...haven't seen her mentioned until now. Boy what a headcase she was.

You're a bitch, Jamie. Always have been and always will be. You can kindly go fuck yourself. Oh, and fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 157January 22, 2016 1:30 AM

Were you on a reality TV show? And a star?!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158January 22, 2016 1:40 AM

And, Atler WAS a good gymnast - technically. Of course, you have to have the skills and the mindset. This thread has reminded me of how many really good/great gymnasts never "made it" at the highest level.

by Anonymousreply 159January 22, 2016 2:13 AM

R116 - let's not turn gymnastics into figure skating or rhythmic gymnastics, thank you very much. I can appreciate a nice hairdo, a nice-looking leo, etc. - but I don't want gymnasts to start looking like they have "image consultants" - or looking all flamboyant like the skaters and the rhythmic gymnasts. The minute someone says "Brooke Shields on the mat" - I'm done!

by Anonymousreply 160January 22, 2016 9:37 AM

Speaking of double-twisting Tsukaharas - I remember Annia Portuondo-Hatch having a nice one. I hated that her knee exploded and she had to dial back that difficulty.

by Anonymousreply 161January 22, 2016 9:38 AM

Does everyone in gymnastics really hate Nastia Liukin? If so, why? (I'm bringing in some of the conversations that were abruptly cut off when Gina Gogean decided to get her own thread.)

by Anonymousreply 162January 22, 2016 9:39 AM

Nastia Liukin is a Republican cunt, that's why

by Anonymousreply 163January 22, 2016 11:08 AM

I want the non-GGMB answer, R163.

by Anonymousreply 164January 22, 2016 12:19 PM

R160, but gymnastics was always like that. Take a look at both threads and few came unscathed because of the way they looked. The entire first thread began because Kathy Johnson Clarke went over the edge and down the cliff. Judges certainly reward cuter girls, although it likely wouldn't be in anything like a gifted Gold. The federations are aware as well and those girls get the bigger pushes. The networks are longing for that adorable 14yo girl to build their coverage around.

by Anonymousreply 165January 22, 2016 1:25 PM

The GGMB answer would be to kiss Nastia's bony ass, thanks to Chalkybutt or whatever her obsessed name is, R164.

Shawn Johnson is who they hate.

by Anonymousreply 166January 22, 2016 3:24 PM

Which one of us is at the top of the podium?

That's right, bitch, eat my ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167January 22, 2016 6:40 PM

[quote] That's right, bitch, eat my ass.

Is that what you overheard your gay ex-BF, Evan Likesadick, telling all the male hustlers he would bring up to his hotel room? Oh right... did you think the whole world didn't know he was just using you?

At least I was never so pathetic that I had become a BEARD for an obviously gay flamer! How embarrassing and pathetic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168January 22, 2016 6:51 PM

[quote]—Shawn Johnson, getting some REAL dick up here in this pussy!

Playing with your own dick doesn't count, Shawn.

by Anonymousreply 169January 22, 2016 6:53 PM

Remember when your own father knew you weren't bothering with and let you splat like the failure you are?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170January 22, 2016 6:55 PM

*weren't worth

by Anonymousreply 171January 22, 2016 6:56 PM

[quote] Remember when your own father knew you weren't bothering with and let you splat like the failure you are?

At least my own father talks to me. :-D

by Anonymousreply 172January 22, 2016 7:00 PM

[quote]At least my own father talks to me. :-D

Having is mouth on your vagina does not mean he's talking to you.

by Anonymousreply 173January 22, 2016 7:03 PM

Are fathers supposed to be this close with their daughters?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174January 22, 2016 7:11 PM

LOL, R168! But seriously, why do all of these Olympic women's gymnastics champions end up bearding for gay husbands and boyfriends? Nadia, Shannon, Kim Zmeskal, Nastia.

Oh and Simone Biles, I'm looking at your future, too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175January 22, 2016 7:12 PM

Can we talk about me? I'm the most beautiful and glamorous gymnast ever!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176January 22, 2016 7:12 PM

WHOREkina, nobody wants to talk about you! You overstayed your welcome, you monopolized too much of the conversation from 1996 to 2004, and your pussy smelled like spoiled borscht!

by Anonymousreply 177January 22, 2016 7:15 PM

R175 fuck you, Shannon!

You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about. My man is All MAN. 100% HETERO. He gives me such a good dicking we have THREE children so he's obviously not gay. Just look at his face! How could you ever think he was!

And I notice you left yourself off that list. Typical, you cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 22, 2016 7:16 PM

Mary Lou's husband looks like quite the princess, too!

Quite a bit of turkey baster action in that household!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179January 22, 2016 7:19 PM

I'm starting to feel sorry for any of these gymnasts that might Google themselves and find these threads.

Nevermind, I've replaced that with laughing hysterically at poor Kathy Johnson being excited she has a thread that filled 600 posts only to find that only 2 of them were about her.

by Anonymousreply 180January 22, 2016 7:22 PM

And remember poor Cathy Rigby telling Kathy Johnson to shut up because two mentions were more than some of us got, only to have her name fluffed up by her feminine protection endorsements and nudity.

by Anonymousreply 181January 22, 2016 7:25 PM

And speaking of princess, check out the plucked eyebrows on Kim's "husband!"

Kim, honey, the only dicking that goes on in the Zmeskal household is when you roofie your husband, strap on a dildo and force yourself into his cum-sloppy hole!

by Anonymousreply 182January 22, 2016 7:26 PM

Betty, please kindly lay off the drugs before I tell everyone the REAL reason you ran off to California.

by Anonymousreply 183January 22, 2016 7:31 PM

Yeah, shut your fucking mouth, Betty. Nobody cares what you and your Klingon head has to say!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184January 22, 2016 7:34 PM

Kerri, are you still bitter that the most famous picture of you is of you crying, with Bela's hand near your ass and pussy, and your cameltoe visible to the whole world?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185January 22, 2016 7:38 PM

Domi at R185 are you still bitter because Bela knew you sucked and your father beat the shit out of you?

by Anonymousreply 186January 22, 2016 7:41 PM

I'm LOLing more at the thought of non-gymnastics DLers constantly seeing Gina Gogean's ugly face at the top of the threadlist and wondering who the fuck is this bitch??

by Anonymousreply 187January 22, 2016 7:43 PM

I was going to add Natalia Bobrova the list of gymnasts I think would have rounded out a "Soviet/Unified" Team in 1996. Always wondered why she didn't make it to Atlanta.

Sad, apparently she died last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188January 22, 2016 7:46 PM

Hey Kerri, how many individual World and Olympic medals do you have?

Oh, that's right.

by Anonymousreply 189January 22, 2016 7:49 PM

Fuck you R187. I pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190January 22, 2016 7:50 PM

Shut up! I have......well, just shut up.

by Anonymousreply 191January 22, 2016 7:51 PM

I think this is my color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192January 22, 2016 7:52 PM

I'd bet Kerri's husband also know his way around the steam room...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193January 22, 2016 7:53 PM

Speaking of Bela cradling my vadge... this isn't creepy at all!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194January 22, 2016 7:54 PM

"Mary Lou's husband looks like quite the princess, too! "

I don't know. To me, he looks typically blandly hetero; hetero in the worst possible way. They have a daughter who is a gymnast at LSU and is annoyingly perky like mom.

by Anonymousreply 195January 22, 2016 9:51 PM

We boys used to call Shannon Miller "scrunchie" because rumor was it that her pussy looked just like one of her scrunchies: ginormous, wrinkled and flapping in a nest of hair!

Not that WE would ever know!!

by Anonymousreply 196January 22, 2016 10:00 PM

R195, he was a quarterback at UT and was into real estate development. They moved back to her hometown of WVirginia but came back to Texas.

by Anonymousreply 197January 22, 2016 11:12 PM

Why would they move back to her home town in W Virginny? I thought it was a desolate, poor, awful, coal-mining town and word was that the entire state hated her ass.

by Anonymousreply 198January 23, 2016 12:08 AM

Mary Lou Rotunda (her real last name!) is a self-hating Italian-American from West Virginia, chopping off vowels from her name.

Fuck that bitch! Somebody needs to whack her!

by Anonymousreply 199January 23, 2016 12:12 AM

Fall off another beam, Alicia.

by Anonymousreply 200January 23, 2016 12:46 AM

Want to talk about fat asses, Alicia?

Then again, maybe this is just because... well, as we all know... you can't stay off your back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201January 23, 2016 12:48 AM

Yo, Mary Lou & Gabby!

Keep talkin' smack! You bitches might just wake up one morning and find yourself a little present. Or better yet, I can make you disappear!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202January 23, 2016 12:50 AM

Too bad your "connections" couldn't help you get an Olympic Gold, R202... too bad it also couldn't make you a better gymnast..... or less of a whore.

by Anonymousreply 203January 23, 2016 12:55 AM

This floor routine (the most atrocious I've ever seen) proves Alicia hates America!

And you all talk about ME being a headcase who melts down?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204January 23, 2016 12:59 AM

ALL of you fucks need to bow down to my greatness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205January 23, 2016 1:05 AM

Oh Gabby, Mary Lou and Vanessa, you bitches are just jealous that I've got myself a hot hunk of an NFL husband, and meanwhile you have an ugly man, or worst yet, no man at all!!!

Sucks to be you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206January 23, 2016 1:07 AM

R204, what was worse was Tim Daggett's commentary. "That is a disaster of epic proportions." Shut up, motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 207January 23, 2016 1:14 AM

Hey Olga, SUCK MY ASS! Your little flip was a cute little cupcake move until I made it fierce with a twist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208January 23, 2016 1:22 AM

Alicia... there's a reason he only fucks you from behind. Don't kid yourself.

p.s.... your gymnastics still sucks... and you know.. you're ugly.

by Anonymousreply 209January 23, 2016 1:23 AM

R207 why? Pissed he told the truth?

by Anonymousreply 210January 23, 2016 1:24 AM

R210 = Tim Faggett.

by Anonymousreply 211January 23, 2016 1:29 AM

R211 so what? You still suck more than I ever could, Alicia.

by Anonymousreply 212January 23, 2016 1:38 AM

He may be a fagget but he never embarrassed himself like this nor did he cost the US a Gold, did he?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213January 23, 2016 1:47 AM

Tim embarrasses himself every time he opens his mouth. His jingoistic commentary is an embarrassment to his country. Some fans on the UCLA message boards suggested he return his diploma.

by Anonymousreply 214January 23, 2016 3:09 AM

Funny you should say that R214. Meant to post this earlier:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215January 23, 2016 3:32 AM

Elena, no one knows who the fuck you are. I am, however, a legend. So back to the turnip farm with you, peasant!

by Anonymousreply 216January 23, 2016 3:51 AM

Olga, please go away. You're not going to happen here. We don't like washed up convicts.

by Anonymousreply 217January 23, 2016 4:00 AM

Nadia, doesn't your gay husband need his makeup done?

by Anonymousreply 218January 23, 2016 4:05 AM

Olga, phone home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219January 23, 2016 4:09 AM

Olga can we get your mugshot in a wallet size?

by Anonymousreply 220January 23, 2016 4:10 AM

Nevermind, got it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221January 23, 2016 4:10 AM

Ludmilla was born a man

by Anonymousreply 222January 23, 2016 4:13 AM

And you transitioned into one Olga..

by Anonymousreply 223January 23, 2016 4:14 AM

The stunning Mr Korbut

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224January 23, 2016 4:15 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225January 23, 2016 4:26 AM

Fuckin' shit -- ANYWAY ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226January 23, 2016 4:29 AM

OP's pic remind me of Michael Jackson's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 227January 23, 2016 5:10 AM

Poor Gina. I sometimes feel bad for her. She just seemed so joyless, but we also forget that these older eastern bloc girls grew up in communist regimes, with strict, sometimes abusive coaching.

So, something nice about Gogean: that bitch could stick a landing like nobody else's business. She had velcro on her feet.

by Anonymousreply 228January 23, 2016 8:49 AM

[quote]Gogean: that bitch could stick a landing like nobody else's business. She had velcro on her feet.

That's because Belu threatened to cut them off if she didn't.

by Anonymousreply 229January 23, 2016 8:54 AM

Gogean with spawn of Satan (jk her son) and her husband. She looks less dead here and even manages to crack a rare smile!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230January 23, 2016 9:02 AM

Gina is still friends with Christina Bontas... in this clip they go shopping and Gogean is actually animated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231January 23, 2016 9:22 AM

Remember this hot bitch? She used to shave lines into her eyebrows. Miss Yelena Produnova.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232January 23, 2016 6:36 PM

We already talked about you in the last thread R232. We only remembered you were a man and wondered where you tucked it. You were interesting only for about 2 posts.

by Anonymousreply 233January 23, 2016 7:03 PM

She just floats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234January 23, 2016 8:47 PM

I don't really understand this thread or know who these folks are but that chick is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 235January 23, 2016 9:01 PM

Can someone please change my diaper??!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 236January 23, 2016 9:10 PM

Raducan at R235, kindly shut the fuck up. You're not wanted here.

by Anonymousreply 237January 23, 2016 9:11 PM

Natalia Ilienko was perhaps the best dancer womens gymnastics ever produced. Sadly, she was only a slightly better than average tumbler and didn't have nearly the athleticism of her peers in the early 80s. Still she won the Gold Medal in the 81 World Championships on Floor. Although she was very erratic on this event as well, this performance shows her at full artistic and athletic strength.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238January 23, 2016 9:25 PM

Bow down to my breakdancing greatness, bitches!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239January 23, 2016 9:28 PM

Lol. That was great, R239

by Anonymousreply 240January 23, 2016 9:39 PM

87 Romanian FX rotation= 1 of the best EVER

by Anonymousreply 241January 23, 2016 9:49 PM

Oh look everyone, I found a pic of what Alicia Sacramone will look like in about 5 years!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242January 23, 2016 10:32 PM

Alicia says Hi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243January 23, 2016 10:34 PM

Thanks for that R238, Ilienko was a gorgeous, gorgeous dancer! She's the standard by which I compare every other gymnast's dance.

by Anonymousreply 244January 23, 2016 10:57 PM

Awwww... Chellsie is pissed because I let her hot Dad/Coach Andy eat me out.

by Anonymousreply 245January 23, 2016 10:57 PM

Cristina Bontas looks exactly the same as she did in 1991, which is a little less impressive than it might seem because she looked 45 then. Still, she's grown into her looks.

by Anonymousreply 246January 23, 2016 10:58 PM

[quote]Natalia Ilienko was perhaps the best dancer womens gymnastics ever produced.

Nice try.. but no. Just no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247January 23, 2016 10:59 PM

I really don't appreciate all these comments about female gymnasts being mannish and unattractive. You're all just jealous of these delicate feminine flowers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248January 23, 2016 11:49 PM

Tabitha Yim is now head coach at University of Arizona and this afternoon they came thisclose to beating UCLA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249January 24, 2016 12:56 AM

Tabitha, whatever you are at R249.. you are not a gymnast and we are not interested. Kindly crawl back beneath the rock you came from.

by Anonymousreply 250January 24, 2016 1:01 AM

Gina, I have a Stanford degree and a University job. I would think a peasant such as yourself would appreciate that. I enjoyed the shopping video you did. We all though you did your clothes shopping in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 251January 24, 2016 1:33 AM

Tabitha was also a Nationals level figure skater.

by Anonymousreply 252January 24, 2016 1:35 AM

R251 again... How many medals do you have? Be gone!

by Anonymousreply 253January 24, 2016 1:50 AM

Gina, I turned lemons into lemonade. What do you have? Dark circles under your eyes and a worn out Hitachi magic wand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254January 24, 2016 2:01 AM

[quote]Gina, I turned lemons into lemonade. What do you have?

Olympic Gold Medals.

Meanwhile nobody here knows who the fuck you are. Now seriously, back to the real gymnasts.

by Anonymousreply 255January 24, 2016 2:06 AM

She was like a little Macnamara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256January 24, 2016 2:07 AM

Nobody have love for me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257January 24, 2016 2:11 AM

A skater? Really?

by Anonymousreply 258January 24, 2016 2:31 AM

r256

As much as I love 94 Dina, Milo should have won FX

by Anonymousreply 259January 24, 2016 2:45 AM

Milo at R259... Bitch, PLEASE!

Your dance was atrocious and your choreographer was obviously deaf.

by Anonymousreply 260January 24, 2016 2:58 AM

Uh...Gina, you don't have an Olympic gold medal...but many of your team-mates do.

by Anonymousreply 261January 24, 2016 12:46 PM

Wrong, stupid bitch at R261. I have two. Lavinia sold me hers for two Bani after she prostituted herself for Yen.

by Anonymousreply 262January 24, 2016 6:18 PM

Textbook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263January 24, 2016 6:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264January 24, 2016 10:14 PM

I saw KJC doing commentary this weekend for SEC gymnastics. No, she doesn't look any better but I so wanted to tweet her telling her that there are two threads on DL about her.

by Anonymousreply 265January 25, 2016 3:56 PM

[quote] No, she doesn't look any better but I so wanted to tweet her telling her that there are two threads on DL about her.

There is only ONE thread about her. There are TWO POSTS about her. Learn to count!

by Anonymousreply 266January 25, 2016 6:24 PM

Celestina Popa gets no love. She looked great at the 88 Games!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267January 25, 2016 6:53 PM

Well look at her R267. She almost makes Gina G. look human.

by Anonymousreply 268January 25, 2016 9:50 PM

Why did all the Romanians (save Dobre, who knew that her downtown Suzie was the only thing that should have coarse and curly hair) decide in 1988 to give themselves home perms? Seriously, Silivas was very cute the year before with her normal, straight light brown hair. She had a very cute baby face and had she had a normal hairdo I think she would've been much more popular with the public.

by Anonymousreply 269January 25, 2016 10:54 PM

Oh, honey, some of the Soviets weren't looking so pretty either in 1988.

And don't even get me started on the East Germans...

by Anonymousreply 270January 25, 2016 10:57 PM

Elena, you ugly!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271January 25, 2016 11:02 PM

Well, they all couldn't look like Missy Marlowe!

by Anonymousreply 272January 25, 2016 11:11 PM

I always find it weird that so many Romanians have used American patriotic music for their floor music.

Silivas, Bontas, Milosevci all did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273January 25, 2016 11:54 PM

They usually did it when they were scheduled to compete in North America, usually the U.S. That FX that Silivas competed was performed at both the World Championships in Montreal as well as earlier that year at the American Cup, which was a big deal because it was the first (and as it turned out only) time that MLR competed since her Olympic title. Bontas' was in '91 when Worlds were in Indianapolis. Szabo's FX at the '84 Olympics was to the Battle Hymn of the Republic, amongst other American tunes.

by Anonymousreply 274January 26, 2016 8:36 AM

The athletes would often tailor their floor ex music to the host country. It goes back to when Vera Caslavska did the Mexican Hat Dance in Mexico City in 68 and the crowd went wild.

by Anonymousreply 275January 26, 2016 1:28 PM

Yes, it's true that many gymnasts would tailor their music to the host country (Boguinskaya & Bontas in 92), however, the Romanians seemed to be the biggest culprits... mostly because they'd choose the most horrific American Patriotic tunes.

by Anonymousreply 276January 26, 2016 2:02 PM

No music is more horrific than Shannon Miller's screechy violin music!

by Anonymousreply 277January 26, 2016 7:04 PM

R277, really bitch?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278January 26, 2016 7:08 PM

R278, that routine and music are so Karolyi and Poszar. I wouldn't be surprised if they did it originally for Anka Kiss.

by Anonymousreply 279January 26, 2016 7:11 PM

Whatever, Shannon! I, myself, prefer to watch this floor routine of yours, over and over again. It is much more hilarious, especially that puny "double layout" you insisted on attempting! Ha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280January 26, 2016 7:17 PM

Hey Kerri... did you ever think about how pathetic it was that you were on the National team for what.. 5 years and you don't have a single individual medal from the Worlds or Olympics?

Or are you already aware that you sucked?

by Anonymousreply 281January 26, 2016 8:11 PM

Whatever Shannon, everybody knows that 1996 was my year!! The 96 AA plus FX and VT finals are null and void since the results would've been VERY different if I hadn't had a broken ankle and been allowed to compete!!

by Anonymousreply 282January 26, 2016 8:52 PM

[quote]The 96 AA plus FX and VT finals are null and void since the results would've been VERY different if I hadn't had a broken ankle and been allowed to compete!!

hahahahaha. Keep telling yourself that Kerri.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283January 26, 2016 8:54 PM

It's funny because Kerri trained with Karolyi with Zmeskal and Okino, with Nunno with Shannon and Jennie Thompson, with Tom Forrester with Doni Thompson (1995 World Team Member, who could've made the '96 Team but retired before the Games) and then back to Karolyi with Domi Moceanu and I don't think any of them liked her.

by Anonymousreply 284January 26, 2016 10:12 PM

Well, R284, Kerri was always complaining about all of them. I believe Kerri publicly made statements that she was better than Kim in workouts and with Shannon she could barely hid her disdain when she made the comments that they all couldn't just revolve around Shannon.

by Anonymousreply 285January 26, 2016 11:23 PM

Kerri, like the rest of the Americans in 96 stood no chance at getting a medal on vault. None of them bothered to train a second vault that was worth anything.

by Anonymousreply 286January 26, 2016 11:41 PM

I would have liked to have seen Piskun in the bars finals. Too bad she messed up.

by Anonymousreply 287January 27, 2016 12:51 AM

R287 Piskuin always did a remarkable job hitting her handstands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288January 27, 2016 12:57 AM

I also remember Piskun doing a 1 1/2 twisting release on bars but I don't think she ever hit it so they took it out and replaced it with the Deltchev.

by Anonymousreply 289January 27, 2016 1:01 AM

Milosivici and Podkopayeva were a waste of spots in the finals.

by Anonymousreply 290January 27, 2016 1:11 AM

Podkopayeva was a total waste of two Olympic Golds. They totally handed her both... and the only reason they gave her the Floor Gold was so that they could break the 20 year dry spell of the All-Arounder not winning an Individual Gold Medal.

by Anonymousreply 291January 27, 2016 1:24 PM

Milo was a bigger waste.. Did anybody actually think this bitch was winning golds in 1996???

by Anonymousreply 292January 27, 2016 2:58 PM

I found Podkopayeva boring. Yes, she had lovely feet, and at least she could tumble on floor, but she was a basic bitch on the other 3 events.

by Anonymousreply 293January 27, 2016 3:43 PM

Holy Fuck, look at these. You gays better be nice to Alicia. She holds the keys to paradise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294January 27, 2016 5:39 PM

Apparently crotch grabbing is just Brady's way of saying "hello, rape"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295January 27, 2016 5:46 PM

That pastor would have no trouble in Indy if he dressed like me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296January 27, 2016 5:50 PM

Do you think Alicia Sacramone rims that hot ass every night??

by Anonymousreply 297January 27, 2016 6:00 PM

Honey, my mouth collects enough of Brady Quinn's ass-hairs to start a toupee shop!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298January 27, 2016 6:08 PM

She probably has to schedule a time with his "personal organizer" to meet with him.

by Anonymousreply 299January 27, 2016 6:21 PM

Brady hasn't had hair on his ass since he was 16, I'll bet

by Anonymousreply 300January 27, 2016 6:25 PM

Do you guys think Nastia got to lick Evan Lysacek's cummy ass?? Or did Vera Wang fight her off with a purse before she could get a lick in?

HA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301January 27, 2016 6:39 PM

Looks like Takahashi lost a hand in Evan's butt. "Don't put it too close, there's a vacuum effect, and ..... Oops. Teehee"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302January 27, 2016 6:45 PM

Fuck you R292! How dare you criticize me and my Hooked on America routine?!?!?!

So what if it was boring as fuck... so much so that even I couldn't be bothered to pay attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303January 27, 2016 11:47 PM

Hell, I would have preferred Jaycie Phelps in the bars final over Lilia and Milo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304January 28, 2016 1:34 AM

Jaycie probably could have been a World All-Around medalist if she would have continued after Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 305January 28, 2016 1:55 AM

An American team fronted by a healthy Jaycie and Dominique Moceanu (with stable parents) could have meant an entirely different 97-00 quad for USA.

by Anonymousreply 306January 28, 2016 2:33 AM

It definitely would have R306. As mentioned above... USA Gymnastics spent so many years only developing the girls on the Mag 7 that when all of them retired after 96 the USA was left with nothing.

by Anonymousreply 307January 28, 2016 2:46 AM

Remind me again, what happened to Moceanu by 1997 that she was supposedly not performing well, and she was getting low scores? Who was she training with in 1997?

This beam routine looks pretty good to me, but she only scored a 9.2something... I think this is when scores and SV's and the COP started to escape me..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308January 28, 2016 3:18 AM

Moceanu went through a growth spurt and had to rework her routines. And, she did successfully. She dominated a very good field at the 1998 Goodwill Games and won AA gold. She was still an excellent gymnast. But, no one is going to remember Goodwill Games glory when she doesn't have World or Olympics medals to back it up. [She did win a silver on beat at the 1995 world championships, but that's all.] She could never sustain her momentum. She got injured (again) and couldn't go to the 2000 Olympic trials.

by Anonymousreply 309January 28, 2016 4:39 AM

Thanks R309. I consider Moceanu one of the big "What if's" of American gymnastics..

by Anonymousreply 310January 28, 2016 6:42 AM

Not as big a 'What if' as some others..

by Anonymousreply 311January 28, 2016 10:17 AM

Or some others.....

by Anonymousreply 312January 28, 2016 1:14 PM

And others......

by Anonymousreply 313January 28, 2016 1:22 PM

For you bitches who were fans of 90's gymnasts.

Choosing any gymnasts from 90-96 compile your ultimate teams for:

USA

Russia

Romania

China

We'll use the 96 Format. 7 Gymnasts which can include Specialists.

by Anonymousreply 314January 28, 2016 1:38 PM

USA:

Dawes Miller Moceanu Phelps Campi Zmeskal Elizabeth Reid (Hey I liked her style!)

by Anonymousreply 315January 28, 2016 8:43 PM

China: Mo, Kui, Yang Bo, Lu Li, Li Li, Ji Liya (somebody needs to tumble), Meng Fei

Romania: Marinescu, Vanda Hadarean, Nadia Hategan, Amanar, Mirela Pasca, 1992 Milo, Andrea Cacovean

by Anonymousreply 316January 28, 2016 8:56 PM

Milo was such a cool gymnast in '91-'92, but by '93 Worlds her gymnastics was really bland and ugly.

by Anonymousreply 317January 28, 2016 9:22 PM

I feel the same way about Miller around 1993. Her gymnastics weren't "ugly," just boring and unevolved.

by Anonymousreply 318January 28, 2016 9:56 PM

Definitely R306. And those two plus an Atler that wasn't a headcase could have made major waves. Instead we got Elise Ray and Kristen Maloney.

by Anonymousreply 319January 29, 2016 2:39 AM

[quote]Romania: Marinescu, Vanda Hadarean, Nadia Hategan, Amanar, Mirela Pasca, 1992 Milo, Andrea Cacovean

FUCK YOU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320January 29, 2016 2:49 AM

Would you queens believe that there is an Amy Chow wedding highlight video posted? The wedding didn't look that bad, actually - especially for someone who you know only spent, like, 5 minutes planning the thing.

No Mag 7'ers as bridesmaids - that cliche was avoided.

I'm guessing that Amy truly personified "Virginal White". Just a hunch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321January 29, 2016 2:41 PM

R321 looks like something the photog uploaded for them as a preview to sell them on a DVD?

Didn't watch it though.. were any of the Mag 7 in attendance?

by Anonymousreply 322January 29, 2016 2:55 PM

I'm glad that Amy had enough integrity not to have the other Mag 7 members as bridesmaids when heaven knows they all hated each other (and especially Kerri) and having each other as bridesmaids was so obviously a PR move. Dawes was my favorite back in the day, but I've always had a soft spot for Amy.

by Anonymousreply 323January 29, 2016 5:04 PM

Were/are any of the Mag 7 legitimate friends? I know Jaycie/Amanda were. Actually, I remember reading or hearing somewhere that Amanda was the one everyone was closest to, hence why she was unanimously chosen Team Captain.

by Anonymousreply 324January 29, 2016 5:10 PM

And c'mon, y'all know Dawes and Miller were excellent BFFs! You could tell with those fake, awkward hugs they'd give each other in team competition!

But reality now: Shannon Miller did say in an interview around 1992 that Dawes was whom she was closest to in the Barcelona Games (they were roomies).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325January 29, 2016 5:13 PM

R325 who else was Shannon going to be friends with? You had three Karolyi girls on the team, so they would obviously hang with each other (forced to hang with Kerri) and Wendy Bruce who was 3 or 4 years older than the rest of them.

And I'm sure by "closest to" Shannon means Dominique was the one she would sit with in the cafeteria as they both awkwardly ate their food in complete silence.

by Anonymousreply 326January 29, 2016 6:32 PM

Yeah, Neither Dawes and Miller were personality plus. I know that Okino and Zmeskal were close (and still are), but that's about it for the '92 team.

by Anonymousreply 327January 29, 2016 8:33 PM

[quote]Amanda was the one everyone was closest to, hence why she was unanimously chosen Team Captain.

Hahahahaha. Funny you think so, Amanda. You were chosen because everyone knew you were the worst and would have plenty of time on your hands.

We threw you a bone.

by Anonymousreply 328January 29, 2016 10:22 PM

[quote]But reality now: Shannon Miller did say in an interview around 1992 that Dawes was whom she was closest to in the Barcelona Games (they were roomies).

Are you sure Shannon and Dominique were roomies in Barcelona? I remember Wendy saying she was rooming with Dawes. Bruce was apparently spending her afternoon in their room shaving her legs when Dawes ran in to tell her that she had missed out on getting to go onto the Dream Team bus.

by Anonymousreply 329January 29, 2016 10:24 PM

Shannon Miller's mother did not spare any chance to throw shade at Dawes in her book, "My Daughter, My Hero," (A pretty terrible book, btw).

by Anonymousreply 330January 31, 2016 1:07 AM

Care to elaborate R330?

by Anonymousreply 331January 31, 2016 2:57 AM

[R330] Shannon's mother is a Christian "Scientist"...need one say more?

Not surprising to see no Mag 7 teammates at Amy's wedding. I always got the sense she was head and shoulders above all of them maturity-wise and probably thought they were all basic bitches.

She probably barely talks to them anymore, except at the reunions.

by Anonymousreply 332January 31, 2016 3:23 AM

[quote]She probably barely talks to them anymore, except at the reunions.

She barely talks PERIOD. She never has.

[quote] I always got the sense she was head and shoulders above all of them maturity-wise and probably thought they were all basic bitches.

Then you're severely retarded. Head and shoulders above? Bitch, please. A mature person knows how to converse and doesn't act like an Autistic freak who can't open their mouths to say more than two words. A mature person dances elegantly to violin pieces... they don't clomp around like a malfunctioning robot to some stupid piano piece.

by Anonymousreply 333January 31, 2016 3:47 AM

[quote] A mature person knows how to converse and doesn't act like an Autistic freak who can't open their mouths to say more than two words.

How then, dear Claudia, do you excuse your daughter's painfully awkward responses every time reporters were forced to interview her after meets?

And she and Steve Nunno had the nerve to wonder why Shannon was never popular with American gymn fans! Ha!

by Anonymousreply 334February 1, 2016 7:28 AM

Fuck you, Clarice. My daughter wasn't awkward.. she was FOCUSED. Too bad your daughter wasn't... you know, your bug eyed, troll, daughter who CHOKED!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335February 1, 2016 1:23 PM

Is there a single gymnast today that looks this good on beam?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336February 1, 2016 1:24 PM

SHUT UP, Momma Zmeskal and Momma Miller, both your daughters eez ugly and just average! My daughter eez byootiful and win more metals than either of you spoiled American daughters!

by Anonymousreply 337February 2, 2016 5:13 AM

Does your daughter have an Olympic Gold, R337? Mine has two. Yours is a failure.

Now eat my Christian Scientist Pussy.

by Anonymousreply 338February 2, 2016 11:22 PM

The 1996 EF Worlds was the strangest worlds ever, and most of the standings were wrong!

by Anonymousreply 339February 7, 2016 10:50 PM

r339

I'm ok with VT and BB(however not with one of the highest score all quad though) but FX and UB? Fuckery

by Anonymousreply 340February 7, 2016 10:57 PM

I was never a fan of Kochetkova on beam, aside from her self-named skill...

by Anonymousreply 341February 7, 2016 11:01 PM

Specifics, E339. Who was overscored or underscored? What should have the medal results been?

by Anonymousreply 342February 7, 2016 11:10 PM

R342... Liu Xuan was completely ripped off on Uneven Bars. She should have won however the judges low balled her because they didn't want her, or anyone, doing the one armed giant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343February 8, 2016 1:22 PM

Khorkina, per usual, was overrated!!

by Anonymousreply 344February 9, 2016 6:51 PM

r343

I actually agree with the WTC on this, the one-armed stuff was ugly

by Anonymousreply 345February 9, 2016 7:04 PM

Eat shit, Khorkina at R345.

by Anonymousreply 346February 9, 2016 8:00 PM

It's too bad Elvire Teza never managed to medal on bars (and she was robbed of a beam medal at the 97 Worlds EF)! Always innovative and different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347February 9, 2016 9:56 PM

A unique array of skills. Truly different from the rest of the field.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348February 9, 2016 9:59 PM

I never found Teza that interesting or "innovative." She seemed mostly good at using elements that other gymnasts (mostly the Chinese) were doing. I'm not surprised she didn't medal on bars, her swing always seemed labored.

As far as her beam, I always thought it just seemed like a version of Li Li's (with just an added twist to the Yurchenko) and Khorkina.

by Anonymousreply 349February 9, 2016 10:57 PM

Eh, I feel completely lukewarm about pretty much most Chinese gymnasts after the year 2000, except for Cheng Fei and maybe 1 or 2 others.

by Anonymousreply 350February 10, 2016 12:23 AM

Whenever I feel blue, I watch the first rotation of American compulsory bars in Atlanta, and I feel much happier :-D

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351February 17, 2016 4:00 AM

You're welcome, R351.

by Anonymousreply 352February 17, 2016 4:19 AM

It's amazing how quickly Belu took all the style and spark of the Romanian team, including Gogean and Milo. The Romanians were at their peak in the '80s when under the leadership of Adrain Goreac and Belu was merely the vault coach.

by Anonymousreply 353February 17, 2016 4:26 PM

[quote]It's amazing how quickly Belu took all the style and spark of the Romanian team, including Gogean and Milo. The Romanians were at their peak in the '80s when under the leadership of Adrain Goreac and Belu was merely the vault coach.

And we kept winning medal after medal doing it Belu's way so go suck my big, fat, hairy, dick, R353.

by Anonymousreply 354February 17, 2016 4:59 PM

Because the Romanians weren't winning medals in the '80s?

STFU Gina, you ugly ho!

by Anonymousreply 355February 17, 2016 5:12 PM

[quote]Because the Romanians weren't winning medals in the '80s?

I said KEPT winning. I understand you stupid Ancient bitches barely understand Romanian, let alone English, so I will give you a pass. And under Belu we brought glory to our mother land with TWO Olympic Team Golds an accomplishment none of you understand. Go back to flashing your titties and dyking out on one another (looking at your haircut Silivas).

by Anonymousreply 356February 17, 2016 5:45 PM

So high and mighty for a whore, Dobre!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357February 17, 2016 5:50 PM

At least people wanted to see me nude, Gina!

Don't blame me that your faced looked like a baboon's ass after taking a big, steamy dump!

Oh, and how many World AA titles did you win? Oh right, I forgot - NONE!

by Anonymousreply 358February 17, 2016 5:55 PM

R358 nice try, but I have more dignity than you or your family ever has.

And World AA Titles? Bitch, please, with that.

How many individual Olympic medals do you have? I forgot -- NONE!

by Anonymousreply 359February 17, 2016 6:10 PM

At least I have a rich husband in America and 4 attractive sons. You still an ugly gypsy-looking Ho with butt-ugly husband and baby!

And worst yet: You're still stuck in Romania! Bwahaha

by Anonymousreply 360February 18, 2016 4:40 AM

Yeah we all know of about your son's Dobre. Proof you're a disgraceful where.

by Anonymousreply 361February 18, 2016 5:39 AM

Despite the obnoxious crowd and John Tesh's terrible commentary, this remains my favorite team competition ever! The Magnificent 7 were truly the Dream Team of American gymnastics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362February 18, 2016 10:05 PM

Watching the 96 Team Final made me realize that Amanda Borden had a better beam routine than both Podkopayeva and Gogean. No joke.

by Anonymousreply 363February 20, 2016 3:19 AM

r363

Agreed I never understood why Pod was so successful on beam other than her dismount... I loved that all medalists in 94 had full ins!

by Anonymousreply 364February 20, 2016 10:48 PM

Hated Lilia's beam work. For someone so "elegant", she was terribly clunky and stiff on beam.

by Anonymousreply 365February 21, 2016 5:28 AM

Except for her compulsories and Optional FX, I found Lilia completely boring.

by Anonymousreply 366February 21, 2016 6:09 AM

[quote]Agreed I never understood why Pod was so successful on beam other than her dismount...

I never understood why Pod was so successful period... oh yeah.. Toe Point! What a novelty!

by Anonymousreply 367February 24, 2016 1:30 PM

Apparently a Romanian gymnast (suspected to be Gogean) took a crap in Amanda Borden's gym bag during a practice session at '94 Worlds.

by Anonymousreply 368February 24, 2016 4:28 PM

OH yeah? Well I heard Bela, Leonid Arkaev and Octavian Belu took turns gangbanging MLT behind the rafters in Atlanta!!

by Anonymousreply 369February 25, 2016 12:49 AM

You see, Gina, you dumb cunt:

People were actually way more interested in me, filling MY thead up with 600 posts, while yours only made it to the pathetic halfway!

Suck it, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 370February 25, 2016 2:14 AM

All of you hags need to shut the fuck up and bow down to my greatness

by Anonymousreply 371February 25, 2016 2:55 AM

THE LOVELY GINA GOGEAN!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372February 26, 2016 9:08 PM

I agree, R362. The US team that day was like the Romanian team usually was, hitting routine after routine, sticking landings, and giving nothing away. The other teams crumbled in the face of that consistency. The Romanian team did the same thing at the 2004 Olympics. They just didn't miss a thing, and the other teams' mistakes mounted up.

by Anonymousreply 373February 26, 2016 9:54 PM

Even the most "expendable" member of the Mag 7 (Amanda Borden), proved to contribute crucially to the overall score, as well as in morale.

by Anonymousreply 374February 27, 2016 2:26 AM

[quote] The US team that day was like the Romanian team usually was, hitting routine after routine, sticking landings, and giving nothing away.

Wrong, bitch... wrong.

Don't ever compare your sorry asses with our Romanian perfection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375February 27, 2016 2:32 AM

Shut up, Gina!

Or better yet, lemme remind the world of my absolute favorite moment of my favorite gym routine of yours!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376February 27, 2016 3:14 AM

You tried it, pathetic Bitch at R376. How many individual medals do you have again? Oh, that' right. Probably because you suck as evidenced by this.

No go cry some more about your father beating you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377February 27, 2016 3:21 AM

Well, that certainly explains what happens to Gojean's face

by Anonymousreply 378February 27, 2016 3:24 AM

All right -- which one of you bitches hid my Boniva?

by Anonymousreply 379February 27, 2016 3:30 AM

But what on Earth can explain what happened to your face, Shannon Miller?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380February 27, 2016 3:39 AM

Um, my coaches molested me and I married a gay dude. Plus anorexia, laxative abuse, and STRESS. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FUCKING FACE!! At least I have a bunch of medals.

by Anonymousreply 381February 27, 2016 3:51 AM

Shannon was never a team player!!!

by Anonymousreply 382February 27, 2016 3:53 AM

[quote]Um, my coaches molested me

Fuck you, Shannon, you loved every minute of it.

by Anonymousreply 383February 27, 2016 4:19 AM

Oh Elena, I'll never forget you. So graceful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384February 27, 2016 5:44 AM

I could never be as graceful as you, Shannon!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385February 27, 2016 5:51 AM

You definitely are the Queen of Grace, Shannon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386February 27, 2016 5:52 AM

Choke on my scrunchie eleganza, cunt! And all of my gold medals

by Anonymousreply 387February 27, 2016 6:04 AM

Choke on your gay husband's cock, Shannon.

by Anonymousreply 388February 27, 2016 6:10 AM

Remember when you were one of the favorites to medal in Atlanta bars EF, Elena?

What happened, again?

Oh, right! Nice transition to low bar!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389February 27, 2016 6:53 AM

Hey Shannon, sweetie. Remember when you were a "favorite" to medal in the AA in Atlanta?

What happened again?

Oh yeah, beautiful tumbling, dearie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390February 27, 2016 2:52 PM

Shannon, the only thing you'll really ever be remembered for is your constant, hyperventilating, crying.

Even your coach thought you were ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391February 27, 2016 2:54 PM

I always thought that Shannon's FX AA was a little low compared to other scores

by Anonymousreply 392February 27, 2016 3:04 PM

[quote]I always thought that Shannon's FX AA was a little low compared to other scores

Uh, were you not paying attention?

1) she got dinged because she has no power whatsoever 2) she got deductions because she was always short on her "double layout" 3) she got reamed for her shitty, annoying, music and her pretending that she could dance.

by Anonymousreply 393February 27, 2016 3:07 PM

Shannon peaked in 93-94. She was a medal threat in the AA in 96 and qualified in 2nd behind Lilia Podkopayeva, but Shannon just didn't perform that great on floor in the finals. Her tumbling wasn't the hardest and she made two big errors. She knew after that floor routine that she was out of the medals and cried her heart out. Even if Shannon had performed well, she wasn't going to beat Lilia that year. She may have medaled, though.

It's always interesting to me to follow the quadrennium leading up to the Olympics. Someone usually peaks at the right time. Gabby Douglas was a great example of that. Carly Patterson peaked in 03-04, just in time for the Olympics. Although Simone Biles seems invincible these days, I have to wonder if she can continue to stay at peak form. Still, I don't see anyone coming up with Simone's combination of difficulty and execution who can challenge her. Gabby might be able to if she upgrades her routines, especially her vault.

by Anonymousreply 394February 27, 2016 3:21 PM

[quote]Even if Shannon had performed well, she wasn't going to beat Lilia that year. She may have medaled, though.

No, there was no way Shannon was going to medal.

by Anonymousreply 395February 27, 2016 3:24 PM

haha. I forgot that that bitch and her cunt of a coach skipped out on the awards ceremony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396February 27, 2016 3:38 PM

The only reason Shannon qualified so high in the 1996 AA (in fact, the only reason Shannon was even in any sort of contention by that point), was because of her compulsories.

By 1996, Shannon's optional routines were tired and just not enough to keep up with the top tier! Her double layouts off bars and on floor were ghastly!

by Anonymousreply 397February 27, 2016 3:59 PM

R397 the only optional event Miller had was Beam.

Vault was weak, Bars were okay, floor was weak.

by Anonymousreply 398February 27, 2016 4:02 PM

Yes, I'll give her beam. Always her best event, and I'll give her credit for keeping the consistently best full-in dismount throughout the years.

by Anonymousreply 399February 27, 2016 4:06 PM

Shannon's floor was the worst though! Who the hell decided on that bleeding ear, screeching violin music? Who decided she could perform a DLO??

by Anonymousreply 400February 27, 2016 4:16 PM

If they only counted optionals, Shannon would not have qualified but would be in after Strug's ankle issues

by Anonymousreply 401February 27, 2016 6:21 PM

[quote] Who decided she could perform a DLO??

Steves very big pedo cock!

by Anonymousreply 402February 27, 2016 6:28 PM

Nice haircut Elena. I didn't know they had Sportclips in Belarus.

by Anonymousreply 403February 27, 2016 6:35 PM

I could compete bald and still look better than your pathetic, overly barreted, and ugly scrunchie on a fetus face self, Shannon.

The people have spoken.. everyone finds you worthless and overrated. Deal.

by Anonymousreply 404February 27, 2016 6:52 PM

A couple of my favorite beam workers did not make the 96 EF final. Kui, Mo, Qiao Ya. And yes, I liked Teza's work, too. Dawes would have been fun to throw in there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405February 27, 2016 8:10 PM

Mo Huilan or Liu Xuan in bars finals, or Elena Piskun, or some of the Ukes, instead of the Romanians (barf) or Podkopayeva (overrated).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406February 27, 2016 8:12 PM

I'm not convinced that Kathy Johnson-Clarke wasn't hired by the People's Republic of China to verbally splooge about their gymnasts all the time.

by Anonymousreply 407February 27, 2016 9:49 PM

What are you talking about R407? KJC splooged over every gymnast equally.

by Anonymousreply 408February 27, 2016 10:31 PM

Shannon was ridiculous and should never have tried to do a double layout... especially when it could never match the execution of mine.

Did I receive bonus points for the Kermit legs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409February 28, 2016 7:19 PM

But, yours is horrendous, Kerri

by Anonymousreply 410February 28, 2016 7:25 PM

I think that was clear when the Kermit legs were pointed out, R410.

by Anonymousreply 411February 28, 2016 7:33 PM

Kerri... always playing "also ran." You and Shannon could only dream of doing a double layout to perfection like mine. Plus I whipped into it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412February 28, 2016 7:34 PM

kerri should have won gold or at least silver in 93... fucking nunno

by Anonymousreply 413February 28, 2016 7:35 PM

Anyone else notice that while Kerri trained with Nunno she looked unhealthy?

by Anonymousreply 414February 28, 2016 7:37 PM

Nunno was truly a worthless piece of shit. He was only a legend in his own mind. There's a reason his only successful gymnast was Shannon.

Of all the coaches out there he's the one I'm most surprised doesn't have allegations of being a Pedo. I can seem him preying on someone like Kerri or Jenny Thompson.

by Anonymousreply 415February 28, 2016 7:43 PM

See you bitches in Rio... you know... where it will be my SEVENTH Olympic Games. And yes, I'll be using the same exact choreography I've used every year since my 91 Spartacus Routine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416February 28, 2016 8:20 PM

r416

Hey Chussy, how are you gonna even qualify?

by Anonymousreply 417February 28, 2016 9:01 PM

Hey, Kim Z, who the fuck cares if you had a superior double layout and whipped into it. You're the definition of unfulfilled potential; you could never perform when it matters the most - at the Olympics. Plus, you looked like a rodent. Good nutrition's given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you, Kim?

by Anonymousreply 418February 28, 2016 9:07 PM

Kathy Johnson: I competed against Oksana, Bart Connor: You mean they had gymnastics back then?

by Anonymousreply 419February 28, 2016 9:08 PM

Fuck you Shannon, at R418. You're the one that looked like a rodent's fetus.

And at least I competed fairly... unlike you and Steve who always cheated at Trials.

by Anonymousreply 420February 28, 2016 9:09 PM

KIM, FUCK OFF, CUNT!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 421February 28, 2016 9:17 PM

Awe, Shannon, truth hurt?

by Anonymousreply 422February 28, 2016 9:22 PM

Zmeskal HAS to be the ugliest gymnast ever. That hideous mug on top of those tree trunk legs is the stuff of nightmares.

by Anonymousreply 423February 28, 2016 9:44 PM

Oh Shannon, just stop. I know you're mad that you're not as beloved as you thought... and I know you believed it when Steve told you that you were the prettiest gymnast that ever was... but remember, he had his mustache up your ass when he said it.

by Anonymousreply 424February 28, 2016 9:47 PM

Hey Kim, at least someone wanted my ass.

by Anonymousreply 425February 28, 2016 9:51 PM

[quote]Hey Kim, at least someone wanted my ass.

Lot's of people wanted your ass... like your ex-husband... you know.. the gay, felon?

by Anonymousreply 426February 28, 2016 9:54 PM

NEITHER OF YOU WHITE BITCHES COULD TUMBLE LIKE ME!!!

by Anonymousreply 427February 29, 2016 12:27 AM

Shut up dominique, you Fake-ass bougie black bitch who ignored us!!!

by Anonymousreply 428February 29, 2016 12:34 AM

Dom, sit down. This convo is for World Champions.

p.s. Your form was atrocious, you bow-legged, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 429February 29, 2016 12:36 AM

[quote]—Kellee Davis & Andree Pickens

Who?

by Anonymousreply 430February 29, 2016 12:36 AM

Trying landing a vault when it matters, Dominique, then we can talk. And just admit you're a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 431February 29, 2016 12:37 AM

[quote]Trying landing a vault when it matters, Dominique, then we can talk.

I know you're not talking to me, bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432February 29, 2016 12:39 AM

Oh Shannon.. you see, that's what happens when she actually HAS to compete for her spot on the Olympic team, instead of petitioning like she always did!

by Anonymousreply 433March 1, 2016 9:31 PM

Oh, R433... you're being too kind and generous.

If I remember correctly Shannon DID petition for a spot on the 2000 team. She didn't compete at Nationals or she competed one event and scratched the rest and was granted a spot to compete at the Trials.

She never ONCE went into an Olympic Trials and competed fairly.

by Anonymousreply 434March 1, 2016 9:43 PM

Shannon cheating her way into another Olympic Trials...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435March 1, 2016 9:48 PM

I think the reason we still discuss the 1996 Atlanta Games, is because they were the last great Olympics for gymnastics. The last 4 Olympics have been either utter disaster (2000 Sydney) or completely forgettable, with boring results and terrible winners (2004, 2008, 2012)!

And now for 2016: Let's all watch Simone Biles cakewalk to Gold, with the only question being who takes silver? Boring!

by Anonymousreply 436March 1, 2016 11:19 PM

r436

Just for shits and giggles, you would be better winners in 04 or 08?

In 12, I'm ok with Gabby winning because Komova fucked up her vault.

by Anonymousreply 437March 1, 2016 11:26 PM

R437... I'm not okay with Gabby winning. She only won because Wieber didn't qualify.

by Anonymousreply 438March 1, 2016 11:57 PM

And speaking of R438, I'd love to get some of your opinions on this.

In the past few Olympics the rules have stated that if a country qualifies athletes into the AA they can decide who they put into the competition.

The US has always based which athlete goes in according to their placement in the Team Finals. Should the US continue adopting this policy? Or should the AA athletes be pre-determined, prior to the competition, either at Trials, or by other means?

While I like tradition, I think I might be okay with them selecting the AA athletes prior to the competition. I think it would help take some pressure off the athletes and you'd avoid a situation like what happened to Zmeskal and Wieber.

Or what do you think about athletes automatically qualifying into a final if they are the current World or Olympic champion?

by Anonymousreply 439March 2, 2016 12:03 AM

I did it first you dirty bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440March 2, 2016 1:10 AM

R436, I really wonder if Biles will coast to the gold. Of course, that is a distinct possibility. She's the real deal.

But, Biles is really interesting in that her true break through year was right after the Olympics, so basically she became the best gymnast as far as away as possible from the next Olympics. It wouldn't be crazy to think that the pressure is immense going into Rio and it could weigh on her since everyone is giving her the gold already. We've never had a three-time (consecutive no less) World AA champion who is has not competed in the Olympics. Based on her shit ton of Worlds medals, so much is expected of her. And or course, it's gymnastics - slip ups can easily happen to the most seasoned athlete.

As far as 2012, I was fine with Gabby winning, though the 2-athlete per country rule or the AA is total bullshit. Wieber finished fucking 4th overall in AA qualifying I couldn't compete in the AA final. That's pure horseshit. I don't blame Gabby for taking advantage. She performed great. I don't even think the old 3-athlete per country rule was good. If you have 4 or more of the best 32 or 36 AA gymnasts (however big the final is), then they should be able to compete. Though in this day and age it's rare for even the gymnastics superpowers to field 4 strong all arounders.

Also bullshit is 3 up/3 scores count for the team final. It should be the old 6 compete, 5 scores count,, or simply 5 compete, 5 scores count. Depth should be rewarded. Winning teams gold should represent which country as the overall best gymnastics program that year, not just a few stars who can get hot at the right time.

by Anonymousreply 441March 2, 2016 4:22 AM

Or, if you want more diversity in country representation, but still want to ensure the very best All Around gymnasts are in the finals -- have a rule that the Top 8 or 10 or 12 AA scores in qualifying automatically qualify for the AA final - no matter if there are 3 or more gymnasts from the same country. Then, for the rest of the 36 athlete AA field enforce the 2-per country rule.

by Anonymousreply 442March 2, 2016 4:29 AM

2000: Ruined by underage Chinese cheating, the vault scandal, Andrea Raducan being unfairly stripped of Gold for the Sudafed scandal. Khorkina's consolation gold on UB, and Liu Xuan's swan song gold on beam were the only highlights.

2004: After all of the ridiculous amount of talent the US had in that quad, they still squandered gold for a mediocre silver, placing second to the Romanians who peaked at just the right moment. The AA finale had some of the most blah, mediocre gymnasts competing. AA medalists = Carly Patterson (who?), way past her prime Khorkina, and Zhang Nan (Double who??). Pavlova was robbed of AA Bronze. The EF's were Catalina Porno domination time. I can get behind her win on beam, because the bitch was fierce on that event. But floor? Underwhelming. Rosu deserved her vault gold. The French girl who won bars was completely forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 443March 2, 2016 5:01 AM

[quote]Andrea Raducan being unfairly stripped of Gold for the Sudafed scandal.

Well, technically, she was fairly stripped of her Gold. What she took was on the banned substance list. It's now no longer on the list, but it was at the time and therefore, it was fair.

Was it logical? That's a whole other discussion.

by Anonymousreply 444March 2, 2016 7:49 PM

Someone get the smelling salts for R443

by Anonymousreply 445March 2, 2016 10:30 PM

Were you pleased with Simona Amanar as AA Gold medalist, R445? I sure as hell wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 446March 3, 2016 1:07 AM

I was quite pleased with Andrea's result.

by Anonymousreply 447March 3, 2016 1:29 AM

And we were quite happy with Dong Fangxiao's little age revelation!!

by Anonymousreply 448March 3, 2016 1:37 AM

I wasn't very concerned about that R448. I got my two Medals and was the first for my country in both. I'm fucking Legendary and pretty... (not looking at you Dong and especially you Cheng Fei).

by Anonymousreply 449March 3, 2016 1:45 AM

R416 is a joke, right?

by Anonymousreply 450March 3, 2016 9:55 PM

R450 why would you think it was a joke?

by Anonymousreply 451March 3, 2016 11:06 PM

Jesus, did you all realize that Romania hasn't qualified a Team to the Olympics?

I rarely watch Gymnastics any more but apparently they didn't even qualify a team in Finals for the 2015 Worlds. Probably the first time since.....?

by Anonymousreply 452March 4, 2016 12:19 AM

Because r416's performance and routine suck.

by Anonymousreply 453March 4, 2016 12:42 AM

Oh, well, bitch at R453.. you can kiss my 6 soon to be 7-Time Olympic Ass!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454March 4, 2016 12:46 AM

I thought Romania had the opportunity to still field a full team to Olympics via the Test Event, or some other qualifier?

Boy, that'll be sad if they don't. Aren't they the only country to have consistently medaled at every Team Finals since like 1976? (Russia missed out in 2008)

by Anonymousreply 455March 4, 2016 5:28 PM

I would never count Romania out. Every quad it's doom and gloom for their whole gymnastics program, until the Olympics where they always magically OVER-perform and other teams choke.

by Anonymousreply 456March 4, 2016 5:30 PM

[quote]I thought Romania had the opportunity to still field a full team to Olympics via the Test Event, or some other qualifier?

Yes, they still can. I was just commenting that they hadn't already and I didn't realize it.

by Anonymousreply 457March 4, 2016 5:32 PM

Jesus, Great Britain won Bronze over Russia at the last Worlds? WTF is going on with this sport?

by Anonymousreply 458March 4, 2016 6:00 PM

This woman is beautiful? she may have been when she was 11, but looks like any other Russian Cumdeumpster after a man with money.

by Anonymousreply 459March 4, 2016 6:12 PM

R459 is Peasant (ir a very jealous Milo)!

by Anonymousreply 460March 4, 2016 6:14 PM

I AM BEAUTIFUL!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461March 4, 2016 7:31 PM

I'm with you, R441. I wonder if the pressure will get to Simone Biles? There will be so many expectations on her due to her enormous success and domination of the sport since 2013. At Worlds last year, she made more mistakes than usual. In the Team Final, she fell on Floor; in the AA, she almost fell on Beam but managed a great save and just put her hands on the beam; also in the AA, she flew out of bounds on Floor on one of her passes. But of course she still won Team Gold, AA Gold, Beam EF Gold, Floor EF Gold and Vault EF bronze. Pretty good for someone who had a so-so meet for her level. I think she's so far ahead right now, she can fall and win. But I wonder if like Kohei Uchimura at the 2012 London Games, she'll succumb to pressure and probably win but not with her best performance.

Her stiffest competition for AA will likely come from her fellow teammates. If Gabby can upgrade her vault and floor, she could challenge if Simone is a bit off, especially because Gabby is strong on bars, which is Simone's "weakest" event, although she always scores pretty well in it compared to other AA participants. Not sure about Aly Raisman. She didn't look good at Worlds. The judges dinged her on beam for missed connections and she didn't make Floor EF, which was a huge disappointment.

As for international competition for Simone, I can't see Mustafina or Komova being real threats. Mustafina has been injured and won't be able to upgrade enough. Komova is always her own worst enemy with falls and other errors that add up, just like in 2012 where it was more than just her vault. She made mistakes on beam, too, although she did the only clean floor routine I've ever seen her do. Larissa Iordache just isn't strong enough on bars or vault to really challenge Simone.

by Anonymousreply 462March 5, 2016 2:11 PM

r462

simone did not fall in team finals on fx, I think you are confused with her falling on FX at nationals

by Anonymousreply 463March 5, 2016 2:19 PM

Thanks, R462. You're right. I was mixing that up. But whether at Nationals or Worlds, Simone was feeling the pressure this past year and made some uncharacteristic mistakes. I'm curious if that will be exacerbated in an Olympic year, especially when you know the media is going to anoint her before she actually wins.

by Anonymousreply 464March 5, 2016 2:52 PM

If Simone has had a rocky year it probably means she'll breeze through the Olympics because she's gotten it out of her system. Besides, I think her values are so high she could fall a couple of times and still nobody would catch her. If she somehow does let her nerves take over and Gaby takes advantage and wins, wouldn't that be interesting? That would make two wins for her because the favorite faltered.

Going back to R439 I think I've decided that the US should adopt a pre-selection for which athlete should compete in the All-Around. I also think that the IGF should change the Event Finals as was already mentioned above, so that it's an entirely separate competition so that qualifying is not based on Team scores.

by Anonymousreply 465March 5, 2016 4:53 PM

Simone is not pleasing to the eye. I speet on her from cold maw of speeeece!

by Anonymousreply 466March 5, 2016 6:04 PM

I kinda want someone other than Simone to win, just to mix it up a lil

by Anonymousreply 467March 5, 2016 10:28 PM

Iordache in 2014 was the only time Simone could have potentially lost AA. Iordache will not be at that level in Rio. After today's SCAM, the fix is in for a Douglas/Biles showdown but it won't even be close. Douglas peaked perfectly in 2012. Jordyn Weiber could not have beat her or Komova with her routines. John Geddert stupidly had her compete that beam routine where she always missed the connections all season long. Komova was the best gymnast but lacked the mental game and Gabby capitalized on it.

by Anonymousreply 468March 5, 2016 11:04 PM

[quote]After today's SCAM

Elaborate R468?

by Anonymousreply 469March 5, 2016 11:12 PM

It's the nickname for the American Cup because back before the American Cup was an FIG World Cup competition, the fix was almost always in that an American would win and other countries would not send their best athletes because they would get screwed over. Now that it's an FIG World Cup event, it's regulated more strictly (not that that matters much) and also since the American athletes are head and shoulders above the rest of the world, it's no longer considered a fix. The nickname still sticks, though. Big name athletes still don't got though because it's at the very beginning of the season and most aren't competition ready. The Mustafina/Weiber debacle in 2011 ensures that Russia will probably never send another athlete. Mustafina was not really in competition mode yet and she was assured by USAG that Weiber would not be competing. She was reigning WC and would have not gone if she actually had serious competition bc she was not in peak form. Also, they made her room with a gymnast from another country. Russia was NOT happy. Anyways, Marta and Steve P are setting up Gabby D to take the second AA stop bc it will mean more NBC time/coverage on the sport and more advertisement on the sport leading up to rio. And I do get that but it sucks for a gymnast like Maggie who was told to downgrade this meet to protect herself. Maggie was not at her full World Championship difficulty at the last camp, but she was much further along than what she performed today. She was told to hold back. Marta and Steve want maximum exposure for women's gymnastics.

by Anonymousreply 470March 6, 2016 12:51 AM

Ah, I didn't even realize the American Cup was today. I haven't watched this sport in years.

by Anonymousreply 471March 6, 2016 1:00 AM

Yup, Douglas won. And good for her. But there are some people on the gymternet saying that she looks better than she did in London. No, she doesn't. She doesn't even have her chowmanar back.

by Anonymousreply 472March 6, 2016 1:02 AM

So I'm taking it that Simone skipped the American Cucp?

by Anonymousreply 473March 6, 2016 1:08 AM

Yeah, she's going to jesolo next month.

It is crazy that in this entire quad the only person to beat Simone was Ohashi in 2013 American Cup.

by Anonymousreply 474March 6, 2016 1:14 AM

Is it just a coincidence that the lead actress in The Bronze bears a striking resemblance to Shannon?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475March 15, 2016 1:52 AM

I don't think she resembles Miller at all R475 (minus the bangs). She reminds me ore of Whorekina.

by Anonymousreply 476March 15, 2016 1:59 AM

Yup, the scrunchie and the bangs and the hard Midwestern accent. Totally Shannon but the attitude of nastia.

by Anonymousreply 477March 19, 2016 1:51 AM

[quote]Yup, the scrunchie and the bangs

You just described every single American female gymnast from 91-98!!!

by Anonymousreply 478March 19, 2016 2:39 AM

Oh yeah, well who was the best bars worker during the 1980s? Hmmmmmm?

by Anonymousreply 479March 30, 2016 9:39 PM

Bitch at R479, do you really need to ask?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480March 30, 2016 9:43 PM

HAHAHA, I laugh at silly Chinese peasant above!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481March 30, 2016 9:50 PM

Maxi who? Pad?

by Anonymousreply 482March 30, 2016 9:54 PM

Hey Chuso at R416, THEY'RE ALL GONNA LAUGH AT YOU and your June Allyson Bladder Pads!

by Anonymousreply 483March 30, 2016 9:58 PM

McKayla you mean like the way they laughed at you after your slutty selfies were released?

You're a WHORE, Darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 484March 30, 2016 10:01 PM

McKayla who?

Oh right - that vault silver medalist little girl who cried on the podium

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485March 30, 2016 10:01 PM

Best 1980s on Bars

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486March 30, 2016 10:04 PM

Who is that boy in R486?

by Anonymousreply 487March 30, 2016 10:08 PM

A gymnast with 3 Olympic gold medals Gina. How many do you have?

by Anonymousreply 488March 30, 2016 10:12 PM

That's fine, Daniella at R488, but you still have a dick.

by Anonymousreply 489March 30, 2016 10:18 PM

R480 was way better than R481

by Anonymousreply 490March 30, 2016 10:21 PM

Maxi Pad, try a real Bars routine one of these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491March 30, 2016 10:37 PM

Oh yeah, well I was better than either of you hideous Commie bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492March 30, 2016 10:40 PM

[quote]Oh yeah, well I was better than

Actually, Julianne, no you weren't. We know that you were too busy puking in the bathroom to attend school and therefore logic isn't your strength but...

You tied.

And you never had any other titles on the event so...

Plus, unlike you, we didn't give our cherries to Scott Baio.

by Anonymousreply 493March 30, 2016 10:46 PM

At least I got to fuck Scott Baio, and I wasn't busy being an East Germany tranny trying to look like Scott Baio :-D

by Anonymousreply 494March 30, 2016 10:48 PM

R494 getting his dick to smell like vomit is no accomplishment, Julianne. Neither is your sports casting career covering regional cheerleading competitions. Trust me, I know.

by Anonymousreply 495March 30, 2016 10:51 PM

Oh Amanda, shouldn't you be busy clutching your vagina in agony in front of live television again!?

by Anonymousreply 496March 30, 2016 10:53 PM

Tasha, don't try to come for Amanda. At least people know who she is and don't refer to her as, "You know, the one that's not Dominique Dawes."

by Anonymousreply 497March 30, 2016 10:57 PM

I'm going with Ma Yanhong for best bar worker in the 1980s. Those videos of her are spectacular. McNamara was very, very good, too.

by Anonymousreply 498March 31, 2016 8:44 PM

Bars changed so much when they decided to place them further apart. The release moves and dismounts are more generally more spectacular now. But, it's often (though not always) like watching men's high bar with a few perfunctory and boring transitions down to the low bar. Lgargely one are the crazy transitions we see in the videos above, the belly beats, etc. Though, not all of those close-bar routines were great, and there's definitely times when I'm glad that there is the extra room to swing. Other times, I miss it. Too bad, the gymnasts can't set the width between bars to their liking. and we could get a really diverse set of routines.

by Anonymousreply 499March 31, 2016 10:16 PM

"Lgargely one" supposed to be "Largely gone."

by Anonymousreply 500March 31, 2016 10:17 PM

It's actually interesting how much the bars changed in a single quad. Look at routines from 1988 compared to 1984... it's astounding. It had to have been the single most revolutionary change at that time and probably has been since.

by Anonymousreply 501March 31, 2016 10:20 PM

Beauty? ROFL, no.

by Anonymousreply 502March 31, 2016 10:22 PM

Go fuck yourself, Whorekina at R502!

by Anonymousreply 503March 31, 2016 10:25 PM

Amanda clutched her vagina on TV?

by Anonymousreply 504March 31, 2016 10:43 PM

[quote]Amanda clutched her vagina on TV?

I didn't CLUTCH CLUTCH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505March 31, 2016 10:54 PM

Well, I guess that wasn't her VAGINA VAGINA, but bitch still sucked! I should have taken her spot in Atlanta and nobody would have ever noticed!

by Anonymousreply 506March 31, 2016 11:00 PM

No one would have noticed Mary Beth because nobody knew who the hell you were.. and still don't.

p.s. Whenever I need a good laugh I watch your 96 Floor Routine. SUCH an elegant dancer!!!

by Anonymousreply 507March 31, 2016 11:24 PM

Oh yeah, whenever I need a laugh, I think of your pussy stinking up the beam in this video!!

Typical selfish Shannon! Hogging up somebody else's space, knowing she's sick, instead of, ya know, withdrawing and letting somebody else compete!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508March 31, 2016 11:49 PM

Yawn, R508. Cry me a river.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509April 1, 2016 12:07 AM

ewww who it that white plastic mannequin at R509??

by Anonymousreply 510April 1, 2016 12:09 AM

Oh, Domi... did your father beat you too many times in the head?

by Anonymousreply 511April 1, 2016 12:15 AM

All you cheap American bitches suck!

by Anonymousreply 512April 1, 2016 12:29 AM

Oh Simona, are you out of the closet yet?

And we may be bitches, but we WIN. Has your team even qualified to the Olympics yet? hahahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 513April 1, 2016 12:42 AM

Interesting. Bela Karolyi had a career where he was pretty much labeled a Dream maker that went from 1976 - 1996. Twenty Years.

Marta picked up where he basically left off, from 1996-2016, another twenty years, but with much more success than Bela had.

And yet, she still can't get any credit without her husband's name being mentioned.

(as a bonus, you get to briefly see a grown up Zmeskal back at the facility she used to train at... this time coaching her own athlete).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514April 2, 2016 10:04 PM

R514, the popularity of gymnastics has really declined since 1996. Americans basically have no competition anymore. The once-great Romanians are in danger of barely qualifying a team to Rio. The Russians are nowhere near the quality of the former Soviets...

So basically what I'm saying is that the Americans who competed against the great Soviets and Romanians of 76-96 had a much harder time finding success than these 2000, 2010 gymnasts

by Anonymousreply 515April 3, 2016 2:42 AM

R515 what does that have to really do with what was posted in R515?

by Anonymousreply 516April 3, 2016 2:50 AM

I meant what did it have to do with what was posted in R514? Yes, Americans have faced less competition from Romania as well as the Russians, however it's a combination of factors. While Romania and Russia's programs have declined, America's has actually increased (even if they have less competition you can't take away that they've built a strong program and would be competitive with a very strong Romanian or Russian team). And although Romania hasn't been competitive in over a decade, Russia was still competitive until about 2011. Additionally, they've had China to push them competitively.

But again, none of that really has to do with Marta not being able to get any credit without attaching her success to Bela.

by Anonymousreply 517April 3, 2016 3:08 AM

Oh yeah, well these fat-ass American bitches still don't have one single ounce of the beauty, grace, skill, charisma or staying power of the old-school American gymnasts like Kim Zmeskal, Shannon Miller, Dominique Dawes, Dominique Moceanu! Those girls had REAL competition.

Supposedly 3 American gymnasts have won the Olympic AA gold in the last 3 Olympics, and I can't even bother to type their names, that's how boring they all were.

The gymnasts these days - their gymnastics is boring and heavy, like going to watch an NFL game, and they can't dance or perform for shit. They need to bring compulsories back.

by Anonymousreply 518April 3, 2016 3:14 AM

Nobody is arguing that R518. Everyone knows that the pinnacle of beauty, grace, skill, and charisma was in the 90's. It pretty much ended when I retired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519April 3, 2016 3:18 AM

How sad is it that even now I appreciate Kerri Strug after being assaulted in my eyes by the horror of Jana Beiger, Mykayla Skinner, Ali Raisman, yuck, yuck yuck

by Anonymousreply 520April 3, 2016 4:58 AM

[quote]Jana Beiger, Mykayla Skinner, Ali Raisman

I don't even know any of them.

by Anonymousreply 521April 3, 2016 4:59 AM

Awwwwe, thanks, R520. Love ya!!!! It's so great when people recognize that I was truly the most exciting and elegant competitor of my era. It took time but people are finally understanding that I was the real deal and not that annoying fetus Shannon.

My gift to you is another vid of me..... the most elegant, sophisticated, and beautifully choreographed in the entire Atlanta Olympics.

Enjoy!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522April 3, 2016 11:21 PM

I am not feeling enough love from you bitches.

Aren't you in the mood for some Hot Stuff?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523April 5, 2016 3:10 PM

Brandy was one of the most naturally talented gymnasts the U.S. produced, too bad she couldn't deal with Bela and decided to become a child bride...then again, she was from suburban Orlando.

by Anonymousreply 524April 5, 2016 6:48 PM

[quote]too bad she couldn't deal with Bela and decided to become a child bride...then again, she was from suburban Orlando.

Well, what can I say... I like dick. Unlike you, Wendy Bruce!

by Anonymousreply 525April 5, 2016 9:21 PM

I just wanted to remind you that I existed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526April 7, 2016 3:03 AM

Of course you like dick, Brandy. It's just too bad you had such a little one to tuck. Unfair when your shoulders, hips and thighs were bigger and fatter than any other "girl" you competed against.

by Anonymousreply 527April 7, 2016 4:22 AM

Except yours, Wendy at R527!

by Anonymousreply 528April 7, 2016 4:24 AM

You should know Brandy, you sucked it.

by Anonymousreply 529April 7, 2016 4:26 AM

How could I? You were too busy feeding it to Rita while Kevin took you from behind.

by Anonymousreply 530April 7, 2016 4:27 AM

I agree. Wendy is a tranny bitch dick tucking snatch eating CUNT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531April 7, 2016 4:28 AM

That's the difference between you and me Brandy. No one could take you from behind because no one could find it through that mountain of cellulite you call an ass. I hope the Florida sunshine has made you almost as beautiful as fellow alligator skinned Kathy Johnson Clarke.

by Anonymousreply 532April 7, 2016 4:40 AM

Oh dear R532. Have you not looked at yourself recently, Wendy? I mean, you really shouldn't be talking about Florida sunshine or Alligator skin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533April 7, 2016 4:46 AM

When I was a kid, I thought that Kim Kelly FX sounded like intergalactic space farts.

by Anonymousreply 534April 7, 2016 5:21 AM

R534 it was a combination of her own farts and the floor exercise itself farting because it (and she) was so shitty.

by Anonymousreply 535April 7, 2016 5:25 AM

R522...ah yes, so much elegance in that routine, Kerri. Was your chicken dance at 1:15 lifted from Baryshnikov?

That's where I got my chicken dance inspiration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536April 7, 2016 5:46 AM

Kerri at R536 do not come for me and then pretend you are me.

How many individual World and Olympic medals do you have again? Oh, that's right.

by Anonymousreply 537April 7, 2016 5:52 AM

Brandy, alligator skin would be an improvement for you because no one would be concentrating on that face. This picture should be gracing this thread, not Gina Gogean, who is Ms. Communist Romania compared to you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538April 7, 2016 5:56 AM

Wendy? Hahahaha. No bitch, no. Try harder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539April 7, 2016 5:58 AM

Wendy, remember when you used to saddle up beside me and stretch at Nationals '89 because you knew the camera would be on me alone the whole event because I was the Champion and the Star? How many National titles did you win, btw? Yeah, thought so...now if you'll excuse me I must get back to coaching my daughter Sydney Johnson-Scharpf into following in her Mama's footsteps to Olympic glory.

by Anonymousreply 540April 7, 2016 11:39 AM

Go easy on Wendy. It isn't easy being the way less talented girl in the gym that the coach desperately tries to turn into a carbon copy of the #1 head bitch in charge. Trust me, I know

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541April 7, 2016 1:28 PM

Oh Shannon...I mean Shennie....I mean, Jennie. Why did you resist the scrunchie? It only wanted the best for you. If only you truly embraced it, things would've been different. But you still would've never won nationals because no one could fix those knobbly knees.

by Anonymousreply 542April 7, 2016 2:27 PM

Brandy, even in profile, you look like a fat, aging frau who doesn't want to admit that even WalMart doesn't carry her size.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543April 7, 2016 2:35 PM

Resist the scrunchie? Fuck you. I fucking embraced them to the point of wearing ones bigger than my head in hopes of the promises you said they'd bring. The fact that they fucking weighed more than I did is the reason my landings always fucking sucked.

And let's get real... the only reason my knees were knobbly was because unlike Shannon, I wouldn't let you near my puss puss. Olympic Glory just was also not worth riding your back mustache with my mouth the way the "porcelain princess" did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544April 7, 2016 2:36 PM

Brandi... keep trying it hon. You can try to call me a frau but I'm in my 40's... you looked like one in your teens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545April 7, 2016 2:40 PM

I'll give you this Brandy, at least you know what your physical limitations are and date accordingly. A great "which is which" photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546April 7, 2016 3:21 PM

Oh Wendy... you're clearly delusional. Have you and your husband not looked in the mirror? It's impossible to tell if this photo of the two of you is before or after you used the face swap filter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547April 7, 2016 3:32 PM

Brandy, honey, game over. My man at least has a dick. Yours looks like he's still on the rag. BTW, nice touch with that scarf covering your prominent Adam's apple.

by Anonymousreply 548April 7, 2016 4:36 PM

No Wendy you can't say your husband has a dick when yours is bigger than his. If only your gymnastics was as good as your tuck game... nevermind... it was.

Game over.

by Anonymousreply 549April 7, 2016 5:54 PM

Wendy was doing semi-professional body building for a while say ten years ago. The least surprising thing about Brandy and Wendy is that they both are born and raised in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 550April 7, 2016 10:17 PM

[quote]Wendy was doing semi-professional body building for a while say ten years ago.

I did it first.

And I'm getting real tired of that bitch always yanking my shit.

by Anonymousreply 551April 8, 2016 12:52 AM

R549, Brandy, I know you have a fourth grade education but at least come up with your own putdowns.

by Anonymousreply 552April 8, 2016 1:44 AM

Oh, Wendy... what are we going to do with you? Do I need to remind you what happened to your college education?

by Anonymousreply 553April 8, 2016 2:12 AM

I've said it once and I'll say it again... Wendy, you are trash. And you really shouldn't be trying to insult anyone else's intelligence. Some of us actually went to real schools.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554April 8, 2016 2:15 AM

Fat Thighs and Dyke Haircut University isn't a "real" university.

by Anonymousreply 555April 8, 2016 5:11 AM

[quote]Fat Thighs and Dyke Haircut University isn't a "real" university.

No it's just a run down of your daily life, Wendy.

by Anonymousreply 556April 8, 2016 5:22 AM

Hey MO, have you hit puberty yet? What the fuck is your real birthday? Do you even know? Enjoy life in the factory making Nikes for the rest of us to wear.

by Anonymousreply 557April 8, 2016 5:23 AM

Kerri... as everyone has already pointed out to you...

There's a reason you have a total of ZERO Individual World or Olympic Medals. I mean, really... how bad do you have to be to have been around for 6 years and NEVER won a single medal?

p.s. I have millions and am a star in my country... unlike you who is just a punchline in yours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558April 8, 2016 5:28 AM

Gonna have to go with Mo on this one, Kerri. Your self delusion if the stuff of legend. You're career was largely a failure. You're fat, unattractive, with an annoying voice. Yeah, you went to UCLA and Stanford, bravo! But for what? Apparently to become a plain Jane hausfrau in Tuscon Arizona. You couldn't write a more boring script if you tried. BTW, you're husband cheats on you with trannies because you suck in bed, just like you did at gymnastics. Bye bitch.

by Anonymousreply 559April 8, 2016 5:35 AM

Fuck OFF bitches. I was the best gymnast the US ever produced. It isn't my fault I didn't suck off the coaches like Kim and Shannon did and therefore not get enough attention.

I fucking WON the Gold for the US. Yes Me. Me and ME ALONE. I put America on the map and you all can kiss my fucking ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560April 8, 2016 5:40 AM

[quote]Yeah, you went to UCLA and Stanford,

And if I remember correctly, Kerri only lasted at UCLA for less than a year.

Funny that she went to Stanford. Dominique Dawes was supposed to end up there too. I think this was previously mentioned but Kerri was there the same time Amy Chow was. I bet they didn't see each other or speak once the entire time.

by Anonymousreply 561April 8, 2016 5:46 AM

Damn this bitch is STILL going.

Most of her competitors weren't even alive when she was competing at her THIRD Olympics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562April 8, 2016 6:16 AM

I sort of love that she's still using the exact same beam routine she's used for 25 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563April 8, 2016 6:19 AM

Doe Yamashiro also went to Stanford..........

by Anonymousreply 564April 8, 2016 2:57 PM

Was Don Peters living in her Dorm room, R564?

by Anonymousreply 565April 8, 2016 2:59 PM

All you bitches can suck it! I'm hot and about to be HBIC of USA Gymnastics all because I let Bela Karolyi throw me under the bus at the Olympics almost 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 566April 9, 2016 1:01 AM

yes, but only one National Champion attended Stanford!

by Anonymousreply 567April 9, 2016 1:03 AM

Who, R566 and R567?

by Anonymousreply 568April 9, 2016 1:15 AM

Why don't all you know name bitches shut the fuck up. Seriously, Jen Sey? You never medaled anywhere outside the U.S. - no Worlds, no Olymipics. Just a national championship in an era when the U.S. was a second tier gymnastics nation. You fucking broke your leg on uneven bars at Worlds. LMAO. Rhonda Faehn? Again, no Worlds or Olympic medals (both bitches weren't even on an Olympic team). Ooooh, a Pan Am team gold!!! What an accomplishment!! Remind me, what other nation has a competitive gymnastics program in the Americas? Oh, and Rhonda, you're a guy. Or, at least a body building trannie. Caitlyn Jenner is a more convincing "woman."

by Anonymousreply 569April 9, 2016 1:16 AM

"no name" not "know name." My rage blinded me.

by Anonymousreply 570April 9, 2016 1:44 AM

Don't be jelly that I'm the next Marta Karolyi.

by Anonymousreply 571April 9, 2016 2:05 AM

No, you're not, Rhonda... no you're not.

by Anonymousreply 572April 9, 2016 2:39 AM

Sorry, Kim! If you thought your name counted for anything I'm sure you realized it didn't when Bailie didn't make the Worlds team. oh and your husband is gay.

by Anonymousreply 573April 9, 2016 3:09 AM

Oh, Rhonda. You're so bitter. Is it because the only contribution you ever made to Gymnastics was fucking the US team out of a medal in Seoul?

by Anonymousreply 574April 9, 2016 3:11 AM

Rhonda get the fuck out of here. What part of, "This discussion is only for Gymnasts that ever won anything," don't you understand. Now be gone before we talk about YOUR husbands and his extracurriculars at Butler... or before I talk about how often you tried to scissor me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575April 9, 2016 3:17 AM

Fuck. Now you bitches are going to start talking about my fat mom, aren't you?

Damnit.

by Anonymousreply 576April 9, 2016 3:17 AM

Yup! And also her van that was shrinkwrapped with pictures of you.

by Anonymousreply 577April 9, 2016 4:29 AM

Rhonda Faehn looks just like Chelsea Peretti.

by Anonymousreply 578April 9, 2016 7:15 AM

Dayum, that Florida sun isn't good for anyone. Kathy Johnson, Brandy, Wendy, Rhonda. A virtual who's who of sun damage.

by Anonymousreply 579April 12, 2016 12:06 AM

Bitch at R579 I still look fresh as a daisy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580April 12, 2016 12:17 AM

I always block this thread because I can't stand to look at her an us mouth and dead eyes.

by Anonymousreply 581April 12, 2016 2:18 AM

Shut up, Lavinia at R581. Quit being such a bitch whore because people would rather look at my stunning, wholesome, beauty rather than look at your slop bags.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582April 12, 2016 2:28 AM

Okay bitch at R580, we'll all just stare at your ancient chicken neck. And those eyes are so close together that you probably couldn't pass a thread through them.

by Anonymousreply 583April 12, 2016 3:44 AM

Hey, Brian, when you're trying to bone that piece of beef jerky called Kathy, remember you could have had this spectacular example of ripe womanhood. Jill Shively, his onetime girlfriend and wannabe witness in the OJ Trial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584April 12, 2016 3:52 AM

Three posts in a row here about me! I'm getting more love here than I did in my own thread! You all really like me!!!!

Thanks, bitches! I'm gonna return the love and leave you with some true grace and beauty. (Just ignore the middle pass, ok?)

Off to get some sun! Enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585April 12, 2016 2:49 PM

What the hell is going on in this photo that Steve Nunno is in between Shannon Miller and Dominique Dawes both having tragedy face??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586April 12, 2016 11:06 PM

^^ Bad link. Try this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587April 12, 2016 11:12 PM

OK nevermind I am answering my own question: It's right after '96 AA disaster by both gymnasts.

That was probably the most REAL, genuine moment between Miller and Dawes because them's 2 were some fake bitches with one another throughout their parallel careers

by Anonymousreply 588April 12, 2016 11:14 PM

R587 It was during the Atlanta Games. Probably after the All-Around but it doesn't really look like either of them, Shannon or Dominique are that upset.

by Anonymousreply 589April 12, 2016 11:14 PM

[quote] Probably after the All-Around but it doesn't really look like either of them, Shannon or Dominique are that upset.

What do you expect? Dominique Chokey McChokerson Dawes was always jealous of my beauty, grace, and WINNING.

by Anonymousreply 590April 12, 2016 11:15 PM

Whatever Shannon. In that picture, I was secretly trying to contain my laughter, knowing that you would never get the one title you craved but would NEVER get: Olympic AA Gold.

Not that you have had a rat's chance in hell! Only you and Steve were delusional enough to think "you were in contention." :-D

by Anonymousreply 591April 12, 2016 11:18 PM

haha, Please, Dominique at R591. You were laughing at ME? I'm pretty sure you were too busy replaying in your mind how each and every single time you competed in an AA you choked like the shitty gymnast you were.

I may not have Olympic AA Gold.. but at least I have an AA Olympic medal... and several World AA Golds.. and an Individual Olympic Gold you have....

uh..

Your lesbian relationship with your coach?

by Anonymousreply 592April 12, 2016 11:20 PM

Whatever, Shannon. At least, I've aged gracefully, and don't look like a cheap K-Mart plastic mannequin with your nosejob, chin-job, face-lift, Botox and fillers! :-D

Oh and Shannon? I stood next to you the other day, and your breath still stinks of Steve Nunno's hairy ass-cheeks!

by Anonymousreply 593April 12, 2016 11:23 PM

[quote]Whatever, Shannon. At least, I've aged gracefully, and don't look like a cheap K-Mart plastic mannequin with your nosejob, chin-job, face-lift, Botox and fillers! :-D

Really, bitch? You might want to check yourself. Look at you. When I had cancer my wigs looked better than the plastic shit you put on your head.

And my breath may stink of Steve's ass but your breath still stinks like rotten fish from eating out Wendy in Barcelona.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594April 12, 2016 11:29 PM

Shannon, don't blame me that Marta Karoyli hangs up images of you at the Ranch to scare and gross out young gymnasts from overeating :-D

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595April 12, 2016 11:35 PM

Dominque you got it twisted. She hangs pictures of me up to inspire gymnasts and show them what a champion can be.

She hangs your picture up as a warning not to become a man and how she will not tolerate choking and losing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596April 12, 2016 11:37 PM

Care to repeat yourself, Dominique?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597April 12, 2016 11:38 PM

FUCK both you bitches! Everybody knows that I'm the TRUE face of 1990s American gymnastics!

The most iconic moment in American gymnastics history below!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598April 12, 2016 11:39 PM

Kerri, get the fuck out of here. Dees discussion only for pretty gymansts who win medals. You never won nothing.

by Anonymousreply 599April 12, 2016 11:41 PM

And Shannon and Dominique stop fighting. You both are worthless and never be as amazing or popular as me.

by Anonymousreply 600April 12, 2016 11:42 PM

New Thread below!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601April 12, 2016 11:42 PM

p.s. Dominique Dawes... you suck!

by Anonymousreply 602April 12, 2016 11:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!