Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

America's Next Top Model -- Returns! Cycle 23 here it comes!

According to sources, the show is being revamped and will appear on Vh1. There are still many sides of this story, but it looks as if the show will return.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186January 12, 2018 7:48 AM

Carry on!

by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2016 2:31 AM

Tyra .......... now's your chance to bring back a contestant that already competed in a previous cycle. That's a new innovation for you to do on your new channel !!

by Anonymousreply 2January 16, 2016 3:12 AM

Bring Back Janice Dickinson and Kimora Lee Simmons and MISTER J. Get rid of that old illiterate drag queen and the Cutrone.

by Anonymousreply 3January 16, 2016 3:33 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 4January 16, 2016 3:36 AM

Oh no, hunty.

by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2016 3:36 AM

Shhhh. Tyra needs to concentrate on her Real Doll movie.

by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2016 4:15 AM

Yes!!! Happy it's back...thanks Tara!

by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2016 4:28 AM

Oh no!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8January 16, 2016 4:42 AM

Aaahh that bitch Ty Ty! After 22 cycles I thought I was finally free!

Was that the first time it was ever cancelled though?

by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2016 9:21 AM

Those who care: new season of Britain's Next Top Model premiered yesterday. I thought it had been cancelled years ago but apparently not.

by Anonymousreply 10January 16, 2016 9:55 AM

The only relevant franchise is Australia's Next Top Model

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2016 10:28 AM

R11, from the few seasons I've seen I've only liked the year when that super skinny red haired girl won. Now that was one beautifully filmed season, especially their L.A. episode. Wikipedia says it was season 3 in 2007. After that the show turned into regular catfighting with bullying and such. The girls at least are young enough to be real models, though. BTW, I hadn't even noticed they had a season in 2015. I thought the show was still on hiatus. And apparently they ditched Charlotte Dawson who was one of the biggest reasons I stopped watching since she kept bringing in fake drama. I remember liking her on season 3 but she turned insufferable later. I guess I might have to check out last year's season now.

by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2016 10:59 AM

R12 Charlotte Dawson committed suicide.

Season 4 was the one with the bullying, and the main bully won. Season 5 onwards had very interesting girls.

by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2016 11:10 AM

R13, oh shit, now I feel terrible for dissing her. I had no idea what had happened with her. I assume that was the reason there was no Top Model in 2014? Bloody hell.

by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2016 11:18 AM

R14 Charlotte Dawson was a victim of online bullying.

Love the last winner, Brittany Beattie (Season 9)

by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2016 11:32 AM

My favorte winner was Sanchez Gonalzo. Loved everything about her and when she came out and said it was nice that girls with accents were winning i just about died. Goergeous. Do anyone know what she doing now a day? I think she had a career in print in Zimbabwe or something? Can anyone confirm or do anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2016 11:45 AM

No offense but the the title of the thread is AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

thank you

by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2016 12:14 PM

R17 No harm in comparing shows esp more quality ones

by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2016 4:19 PM

The Aussie one is pretty good. Though, the last season I watched was where Sarah Murdoch pulled a Steve Harvey and announced the wrong girl as the winner on live TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2016 12:45 AM

Tyra ..... we are available again ...

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2016 1:15 AM

Those Aussie chicks are not special. They look rather bland.

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2016 10:04 AM

Still waiting for Tyra to do a cycle with all gay guys.

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2016 10:46 AM

R21 At least they were successful

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2016 10:49 AM

Oh man, imagine if Australia brought in males with girls as well? Might be awesome. And hopefully without the silly reality/romance stuff ANTM has had.

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2016 11:11 AM

Even Tyra herself admitted the success of the Aussie girls

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2016 11:16 AM

I can be one of your model mentors,, Tyra ........ call me.

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2016 7:06 PM

Maybe Saliesa Stures can be the host.

by Anonymousreply 27January 20, 2016 11:33 AM

But Tyra tweeted out that she herself decided to end ANTM because she thought "it was time." And now it's coming back?!? Did she change her mind?

by Anonymousreply 28January 20, 2016 1:58 PM

Do anyone knows how Bellow Go Fund Me is doing? Do he have the money to get her surgereys?

by Anonymousreply 29January 22, 2016 10:52 AM

Who's the drag queen in the picture with the Dora the Explorer wig?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 22, 2016 11:57 AM

Hello?!?! Are you all still praying or what?!?!

$1200 in 3 months is embarrassing. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

If I was Nyle you'd all be donating that much, each!

Bitches, where's my money!?!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 22, 2016 2:28 PM

There are versions of the show all over the world now ........... has Tyra commented if she is committed to this reboot ?

I could almost see her passing the reigns on to some younger supermodel type, especially on a VH1 version ... she probably isn't too tied to the return and would be happy to cash a big check and show up once in a while to teach them all how to booty tooch and smize .....

Oh, Bello --- I condole you on that sad GFM campaign .... that won't even buy you a decent crown !

by Anonymousreply 32January 22, 2016 10:48 PM

Speaking of that dollar store crown... did anyone reimburse him that $200 bucks, as if he spent that much?

by Anonymousreply 33January 23, 2016 4:37 AM

Tyra had a baby!?!

Did anyone know that her bf is the photographer from nearly every episode of the last cycle?

Anyway... Congrats!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 28, 2016 9:10 PM

Good for her. She named the baby, York. A pic of the baby daddy is on this link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 29, 2016 2:40 AM

Tyra .... I am still available if you want me to be a background model in the photo shoots for the new contestants.

Or I can watch the baby while you're working.

Call me !!

by Anonymousreply 36January 29, 2016 3:09 AM

Had no idea Tyra was dating that photographer. I thought she was dating Keith.

by Anonymousreply 37January 29, 2016 2:09 PM

Tyras hada babies. She no gonna do that show no more. She no need to nows that she has da babies.

by Anonymousreply 38January 29, 2016 10:14 PM

Did she have the babies now? How many babies??

by Anonymousreply 39January 30, 2016 5:50 AM

Since she's apparently not a lezzie, Tyra should have hooked up with Nigel Barker. He was fine.

This Erik Asla looks like Gordon Ramsey on smack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 30, 2016 8:41 AM

To paraphrase Tyra, "I am so happy. Our new baby has the pretty gene!"

by Anonymousreply 41January 30, 2016 11:00 AM

[quote]Tyra should have hooked up with Nigel Barker

Nigel is taken by his wife, and didn't Tyra and Nigel have a fallen out of some sort?

by Anonymousreply 42January 31, 2016 6:27 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 31, 2016 10:54 AM

Sarah also were affected by her heighth.

by Anonymousreply 44February 2, 2016 5:50 PM

Maybe that true r44, but you and I all knows that the tall ones were the ones who looked best when falling down and that Delvin was tall but affected by more than just heighth he were affected by a tonix persinaolity as well which also created the down falls of people and models like jade and jael. and renee in jails too

by Anonymousreply 45February 5, 2016 1:07 PM

What?

by Anonymousreply 46February 5, 2016 3:38 PM

r46 - I think what r45 is trying to say is that even though their tall they like Delvin can work well in the industry, but even thought their tall that doesn't mean theyll get work and can even have tonix personalities or not. Tallness don't have anything to do with the tonix personalities. Can be short too like EveDiva. Hope that helps, plus renee is still in jail as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 47February 14, 2016 3:05 PM

Sayrah, aswirl with a stiffness.

by Anonymousreply 48February 14, 2016 3:25 PM

Make the contestants all male and I'm there.

by Anonymousreply 49February 14, 2016 3:30 PM

Felicha hi Felishia bye

by Anonymousreply 50February 15, 2016 1:35 PM

Maybe Delvin can be a social media correspondent like that thing Bryan Boi was way back when. She'd be good at it.

by Anonymousreply 51February 20, 2016 9:59 AM

Apparently her boyfriend is Norwegian. It was all over the news here.

by Anonymousreply 52February 20, 2016 10:04 AM

Did you forget about me? I'm still very much in pain here bitches. Thanks for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 53April 3, 2016 2:56 PM

I am available to drive the model mobile for next season's contestants. My driver's license is valid. Can I go on go-sees with the models when you get to that episode ?

by Anonymousreply 54April 4, 2016 2:49 AM

Devon, you can be the face of Joe Camel. It's all your girl.

by Anonymousreply 55April 4, 2016 6:29 AM

First episode was last night! With a new host & new judges

by Anonymousreply 56December 13, 2016 9:26 AM

With Rita Whora!

by Anonymousreply 57December 13, 2016 11:22 AM

And I'm still waiting for my gofundme to reach 25% of goal!! Bitches!!

by Anonymousreply 58December 14, 2016 10:59 AM

LOL, R58)

What can Rita tell anyone? She doesn't have a career, and I can't name one song of hers.

by Anonymousreply 59December 20, 2016 3:01 AM

I liked Sarah with all her heighth.

My favorite winner was Jaslene Gonzalez. Chi-chi diva.. owned her cycle. Gorgeous Latina spitfire. I felt bad for Natasha, she was adorbz, but the best chick one.

Brittany -- the triumph from the trailer park was the most complete/high fashion level champion. Molly gave her a fight to the finish.

Adam -- the Malaysian American stunner was my favorite of all the male competitors. With the hot for Jordan, Jeremy's fine ass 2nd. Romeo had the hots for Adam as well and the psychotic warlock couldn't handle the "spell" frat boy Adam's hotness had cast.

Good times and memorable models over the years. I also thought hot Latina Leslie, from Danielle's season had a little something special too, her old lady walk transformed into catwalk fierceness.

The new era and cycle on VH1 is looking a little dubious. No men, and most of these girls are broken down/busted looking. Get well soon Bello, I couldn't stand Devon's cockatoo looking, diva-acting, fug ass either.

by Anonymousreply 60December 20, 2016 3:28 AM

*CHA-CHA* diva R60^

Jaslene killed it. Stunningly beautiful. Able to do editorial, catwalk queen, and straight to camera fierce face.

Natasha's men's magazine beach shot from her and Jaslene's cycle..one of the best ANTM photos ever !! Kapow baby..

Adam should have made the top 2 over cry-baby Will but whatev. 3 gorgeous guys in the top 3 was eye candy yummy.

by Anonymousreply 61December 20, 2016 3:37 AM

Did guys get casted on this new season with Rita Orah as judge?

by Anonymousreply 62December 20, 2016 11:09 AM

[quote]Did guys get casted on this new season with Rita Orah as judge?

no, it's girls only

by Anonymousreply 63December 20, 2016 6:24 PM

VH1 is obviously doing this show VERY cheaply. The judging panel set is atrocious. The house the girls are living in is nothing special ("ANTM" all over the house ...... big whoop)

I don't like anyone on the judging panel AT ALL ............and Rita Ora's dismissal of the loser model wannabe was just plan boring (no 'Standing before me ......') and it was very rushed.

Stacy whatserface is a supermodel ?? Okaaaaaaay. And vogueing ? Sheesh.

You can see their attempts at attracting younger viewers ........... ZENDAYA ! ZENDAYA !!!!

And I'm already sick of hearing 'BOSS'

As Paige would say, this new version is not very EXTRA.

Still a Kyle fan.

by Anonymousreply 64December 20, 2016 9:20 PM

[quote]I don't like anyone on the judging panel AT ALL ............and Rita Ora's dismissal of the loser model wannabe was just plan boring (no 'Standing before me ......') and it was very rushed.

Oh, I agree. I blinked and the loser was revealed.

I like the okay, but I don't see how and why Rita Ora is taking the driver's seat. It should be a model or someone who had a career.

by Anonymousreply 65December 21, 2016 5:15 AM

I'm an over 40 gay man so I'm obviously not in the target group but I've loved fashion photography since my days in a high school of art so I do check out these shows from time to time. ANTM with Tyra was quite terrible and the only reason I did watch a few episode here and there were the male models in the past few seasons. The only good ANTM versions I've seen have been from Australia and Germany. They both featured girls as young 16 who could really get a job in the industry.

This new ANTM is terrible. I've no idea why the went with Rita Ora. She's got nothing to do with fashion, and the nobodies as judges are not helping. I did like Stacey McKenzie since she was a successful model at some point. Her story about her start in the modelling was actually great even if the waterworks were a bit over the top.

ANTM is now even more just another reality show but it's obviously always been a silly show not to be taken too seriously. But like I said since I'm not a teen girl I'm probably not right to say anything about it. In any case I won't be watching it any more.

by Anonymousreply 66December 21, 2016 7:43 AM

R66) You said both shows were terrible, which one is worse, Tyra or Rita's hosting?

by Anonymousreply 67December 22, 2016 3:27 AM

R67, Tyra at least is a former model, and knows the industry, even if the show has never been about real modeling. And she loves photography which is a great thing. Rita Ora immediately brought to mind the UK version of ANTM, which is in some ways even worse than ANTM. Although admittedly I've certainly not seen all seasons of any version of Top Model.

But still, I'm sure teen girls who dream of modeling enjoy the show. This new version had a slightly fresher feel to it in some ways.

by Anonymousreply 68December 22, 2016 7:59 AM

I was thinking that they might invite my friend Kaki back to be a judge or at least provide some tips for the new crop of girls. So far, she hasn't heard a word. She's very disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 69December 22, 2016 1:52 PM

Gash, Vadge, Slunt and Krunt are my favs so far this cycle.

by Anonymousreply 70December 27, 2016 12:03 PM

I like Classandra. She reminds me of last cycle's Sha'dynasty RIP.

by Anonymousreply 71December 27, 2016 7:45 PM

Sha'dynasty requested that her ashes be scattered in front of her favorite Popeye's in Queens. RIP...

by Anonymousreply 72December 27, 2016 10:55 PM

The two bitches that had the slightest makeovers cried the hardest.

Tash .... your hair was short to begin with. They just shaved the sides

Cherish .... the dye job DID make your hair pop more. And your photo sucked.

Paige's makeover wasn't great.

Courtney reminds me a bit of Renee, the ANTM model that is now in prison (when she was on the show, not now tat she is a prison butch)

The twins are very annoying.

Still like Kyle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 27, 2016 11:09 PM

Paige seems like she has attention deficit disordor and she kind of looks retarted. But she still could be a supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 74December 28, 2016 10:16 AM

whose that ugly thing standing by tyra?

by Anonymousreply 75December 28, 2016 11:06 AM

Slash and Gunt for the top 2.

by Anonymousreply 76December 28, 2016 12:40 PM

Gunt will never make it. No talent ho.

by Anonymousreply 77December 28, 2016 5:48 PM

I don't get the fawning over the one who won best photo. Nope.

by Anonymousreply 78December 29, 2016 6:45 AM

r78 - Oh, deer.

by Anonymousreply 79December 29, 2016 12:39 PM

I like the girl with the purple hair. She looks more high fashion now. Her personality is coming to life after her makeover and she can take a fierce photo.

I didn't think the twins would fare well perhaps because of co-dependency issues. Nope. Those bitches are bringing it.

Thick eyebrows chick, best picture this week is a drama bitch. She's gorgeous but seems to be forever complaining or crying about something. She's beautiful, but her personality is making her very unlikable. Her makeover look is stunning.

The hideous hag with the red hair that got sent home this week, should have got her ugly, arrogant ass sent home this week. Bye bitch. It's called rhinoplasty. Google it. Get it done to that current silly putty with 2 nostrils above your lips.

Butch girl Ryan rocks her look and vibe. She could win it all. Unique and photogenic, and she can alternate between fem and masculine subtly, which makes her memorable and marketable. A 1-2 punch.

by Anonymousreply 80December 29, 2016 2:55 PM

Slunt makes a comback. I saw her in the final runway. This season they go to Tibet?

by Anonymousreply 81December 29, 2016 7:36 PM

I really wish this were more of a "Hunger Games" type of competition. That I'd love to see.

by Anonymousreply 82December 30, 2016 11:55 AM

Two more days til the next epi! Who goes home? Gash? Slunt? Paige? Armenia? Britta?

by Anonymousreply 83December 31, 2016 1:10 PM

What was the name of the dude who was on last cycle that looked like a hawk or an eagle (and not in a good way)? Ansel or Elmo or something like that?

by Anonymousreply 84December 31, 2016 3:02 PM

Devlin? That was actually just a camel wearing a novelty wig.

by Anonymousreply 85January 1, 2017 4:17 AM

Devin looked more like Joe Camel than any hawk, imo.

by Anonymousreply 86January 1, 2017 6:54 AM

That's right! Delvin. Completely forgot. Wonder if he's still working at Target?

by Anonymousreply 87January 1, 2017 5:56 PM

When I heard RitaAlert, my first thought was retard alert from South Park.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 2, 2017 10:31 PM

This season has some regular looking chicks. I know models are not all drop dead gorgeous, but can't we have a few.

by Anonymousreply 89January 3, 2017 1:11 AM

Gash is gone! Will Slunt be next?

by Anonymousreply 90January 3, 2017 11:37 AM

Bye bye Arsenio.

Arsenio 2: the weave, it's all up to you now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 4, 2017 6:50 AM

Marissa is going to win it all. Plus this girl is so ethnically ambiguous that everyone can relate to her.

by Anonymousreply 92January 4, 2017 7:43 AM

r92 - I most certainly cannot. And being ethnically ambiguous myself, believe me, I speak with authority.

by Anonymousreply 93January 4, 2017 11:36 AM

Those twins sure look like cheap Grace Jones knock-offs!

by Anonymousreply 94January 6, 2017 2:36 PM

Speez and Blatch for the top 2!

by Anonymousreply 95January 8, 2017 9:44 PM

I think Mulp and Qwuaffi will provide stiff competition.

by Anonymousreply 96January 8, 2017 9:52 PM

R91) You know you're wrong. RORLMAO!

by Anonymousreply 97January 17, 2017 6:48 AM

So sad that Vyle was booted! Loved him.

by Anonymousreply 98January 26, 2017 10:38 PM

India and Courtney are clearly the only two who could ever be actual models.

by Anonymousreply 99January 26, 2017 11:09 PM

I loved how Binta's face was completely covered during her "video" shoot. Who wants to be on top? LOL

by Anonymousreply 100January 27, 2017 10:40 AM

Damn, it seems like this season has been on for eight months already.

And they're barely halfway through.

Looks like they bring someone back next week. Yawn.

As always, they keep the drama girls (Courtney, Marissa, Coryanne).

Still like India and Paige and Tatianna

They've continued to 'VH1-up' the show with guests like Jason Derulo ..........

And I'm sure it will be back for another season because they have cheaped it up so much that it probably can't help but make money.

by Anonymousreply 101January 31, 2017 6:12 PM

Jason D is so sexxxy. He looked more into me....

by Anonymousreply 102January 31, 2017 6:35 PM

There is something so wretched about OP's photo that makes me want to vomit.

by Anonymousreply 103January 31, 2017 7:27 PM

I'm still pissed that CariDee won over Melrose. That was some real bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 104January 31, 2017 7:57 PM

[quote]And I'm sure it will be back for another season because they have cheaped it up so much that it probably can't help but make money

yeah, it does look a lot cheaper than the previous seasons with Tyra...instead of trip abroad with the remaining girls they'll probably take the ferry to Staten Island or something

by Anonymousreply 105January 31, 2017 8:36 PM

The streetwear clothes they modelled last week and Philipp Plein's luxury shit this week were lit. Girls wearing cute clothes their collective ghetto ass can't afford at panel too. Just a downgrade in a mediocre bunch of 'models' and cheap production photo shoots. RitAlert. She sucks. The panel is much better than Cutrone and boybob tho.

by Anonymousreply 106January 31, 2017 11:10 PM

I don't think the panel is better. They offered no advice. I have yet to hear that a model lost their neck, doesn't smize, or etc.

This crop of chicks is whack and so is Rita!

by Anonymousreply 107February 1, 2017 5:00 AM

Who is the BRAND? Who brings the BUSINESS? Who is the BOSS?

by Anonymousreply 108February 3, 2017 11:55 AM

I reallyy think Courtny looks kind of neyanderthol with those busy eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 109February 3, 2017 12:32 PM

[quote]Who is the BRAND? Who brings the BUSINESS? Who is the BOSS?

Rita Whora!

by Anonymousreply 110February 3, 2017 2:43 PM

Cock Roach is hot!

by Anonymousreply 111February 4, 2017 2:11 PM

Marissa ended up being way too immature. And overly confident. If you know that 'acting', 'dancing' , etc is part of the "modeling" competition and you don't want to do it, don't enter the competition.

There are no 'models' nowadays anyway .............now all 'spokesmodels' and 'covergirls' are actresses, singers, etc.

by Anonymousreply 112February 5, 2017 7:39 PM

Why are the twins and Courtney still on the show? All look too old and nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 113February 6, 2017 4:27 AM

I hate that pissy little queen with the grey hair. He's pissy. And a queen.

by Anonymousreply 114February 6, 2017 4:29 AM

r114 - You mean the one with grey hair?

by Anonymousreply 115February 7, 2017 11:53 AM

Yes, R115, the pissy queen with the grey hair. The pissy one. With grey hair.

by Anonymousreply 116February 9, 2017 1:48 AM

Meh ............ again, they keep the bitchy drama girls.

Paige was in the bottom two for the first time. Coryann has been in bottom two at least 3 of the 8 panels.

Another awful thing about this season is the editing. I knew from the first minutes of this episode and last that Paige and Marissa were goners.

Can't yet tell if they're setting the twins up for a bottom two or top two episode.

Tatianna is now being edited as a bigger bitch than Courtney.

Still liking India. Paige wasn't TOP model material but she seemed like a nice girl. I hope she books gigs.

Agree that some of these models (Courtney-Tash-Cody) are old, but it seems they've been modeling awhile and just haven't broken through. They're not NEW models, just trying to elevate their standing in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 117February 9, 2017 5:55 PM

I like India and hope she wins.

by Anonymousreply 118February 10, 2017 2:22 AM

Why are they no pretty ones? Terrible styling and cheap wigs on the female boss icons. Coryanne should have gone home. If that girl can't channel Beyonce...who can?

by Anonymousreply 119February 10, 2017 2:26 AM

They no pretty in this show. Model should be pretty. They not. They basic.

by Anonymousreply 120February 10, 2017 2:50 AM

Yes, thanks you. They old and no one pretty. Establish the pretty. Soft bellys cant be model. Basic fact.

by Anonymousreply 121February 10, 2017 2:54 AM

Those twins are scary looking.

Courtney and India are still the only ones who could actually make it in the modeling world.

I don't see what those judges see in Tatiana. She is so plain looking, and not at all model-ish. She should have gone home a long time ago.

Coryanne is only still there because her mother is a model. If not for that, she would have been sent packing weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 122February 10, 2017 3:30 AM

Agree that something is lacking with Tatiana. Her cheap red wig was hilarious as a Tyra characteristic. It was all you could look at in her photo.

India has real potential. Unfortunately, she is rather short. She really does come alive on her shoots, though.

Courtney has an amazing face, but is also quite short.

The rest are forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 123February 10, 2017 8:52 AM

Ashley Graham is doing pretty well overall. I could see her taking over the job as head judge. Rita Ora is obviously not the right person. She has no spark or charisma, nor does she have enough energy. Plus she apparently knows nothing about modelling. She and the contestant Tatiana actually have similar personalities: laid-back stoner girls. Not judging them, but it isn't a good fit for this format.

Seeing Stacey McKenzie on the judging panel made me realize that she is not bad as a judge. I think she could be the secondary female judge. She could bring the necessary bitch factor, I think.

The two male judges need to go. The blond one is rather mean and petty without being amusing, as Kelly Cutrone could be, at least. The black male judge seems nice enough, but also doesn't seem very intelligent and his critiques are not interesting because he has difficulty expressing himself. They both make you miss the days of Nigel Barker and Mr. J.

by Anonymousreply 124February 10, 2017 12:02 PM

I miss my nights with Nigel and Mr. J was fun to party with....but what the show is really missing is TYRA!! Jay Manuel and Stacey McKenzie were the main judges on the Canadian version of Next Top Model with Coco Rocha and Jeannie Becker and Mike Ruiz. Pretty good show for a few seasons.

by Anonymousreply 125February 10, 2017 4:27 PM

Whatever happened to Cocoa Roacha? SHe was pretty fabulus back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 126February 11, 2017 3:15 PM

Whoretney and Indira for the final two. Just wait.

by Anonymousreply 127February 12, 2017 11:59 AM

Has it been like 5 music-based challenges in a row now? I like the reboot, but the music angle is too much.

Poor Paige never saw it coming.

Lol

by Anonymousreply 128February 12, 2017 11:28 PM

I thought Tatiana had the worst photo, but I blame mostly styling on that. No model could make that wig and dress look good. That was really unfair. Some girls got amazing styling. So, for that, I wouldn't have Eliminated her.

Cory's photo isn't bad, but like her, it's very bland.

I also felt like they photshopped the hell out of India's face in her photo, and didn't acknowledge it. That's not particularly fair either. If she is the winner, then they are fixing it heavily for her win.

by Anonymousreply 129February 13, 2017 6:07 AM

India is homely but photographs well .... I agree completely that Tatiana was set up to look hideous in that ugly dress and wig. Tyra is mean, but not that ugly. The one who most resembled her 'icon' was sent home. Be her, but don't. Be inspired by her but be yourself....wear this cheap wig and costume, be her but be ironic, stay true to your brand....nonsense. Paige looked like Britney in her eyes, pose and smizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze. 28 year old with borderline collie disorder had nothing to do with Madonna. Dumb shit show. I fucked j manuel a few times, messed him up!

by Anonymousreply 130February 13, 2017 6:18 AM

They focus way too much on the music video angle and 'branding yourself'. Is this competition really still about modelling?

by Anonymousreply 131February 13, 2017 11:44 PM

Yeah, is that only because Rita is/was(?) in that industry? What does she do exactly? I've also noticed she's dropped the "America's" from the next top model.

Modelling seems to be evolving with the advent of social media, and a lot of the exclusivity and prestige it once had is gone. This show adapted and now wants a jack of all trades - dancer, actor, activist, and least of all a traditional fashion model. The cheapening sucks, but it is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 132February 14, 2017 12:56 AM

[quote]They focus way too much on the music video angle and 'branding yourself'. Is this competition really still about modelling?

Well, the winner doesn't even get a modeling contract with an agency....just a VH1 'talent deal'

by Anonymousreply 133February 14, 2017 1:52 AM

I don't know if modeling has evolved to social media fest as they said. I think this has a lot to do with finding the girl with the most followers to increase ratings for the show. They even tried adding a social media element by having followers be a part of the vote. I know Amazing Race loaded up their cast with a bunch of social media darlings.

by Anonymousreply 134February 14, 2017 6:45 AM

The five minute commercial DURING THE SHOW for Universal Studios was AWESOME ...... NOT

Was wrong this week ........ I thought they were foreshadowing Courtney's boot, particularly with the Paper cover shoot.

But I should've gotten 'the clue' when Rita said they were looking at the models body of work. Tash has no body of work since she was off the show for five panels

by Anonymousreply 135February 16, 2017 11:45 PM

ONe of the prizes is to win a print campaign for Chik-fil-a. Rita never really talks about that though.

by Anonymousreply 136February 17, 2017 12:11 PM

Seriously, R136?

by Anonymousreply 137February 18, 2017 3:15 AM

LOL at that dramatic reading ....... from start to end.

'I'll starve myself until I'm famous' to 'it takes 15 years to become famous' to 'what is it you care about ?' and finally 'truth'

SNORT ............... but Cindy from OITNB looked good.

I was kind of expecting Tatianna to go, but should've realized from the editing of Cody's overconfidence that she was about to be shown the door.

Courtney (homeless) and Coryanne (abandoned by mother) both have the background story hooks that could take them to the end.

I still like India best, but she's not 'dramatic' enough and I fear her time is next.

by Anonymousreply 138February 23, 2017 6:52 PM

Cherish was such a piece of shit - kind of wish she had come back just so I had someone to laugh at.

by Anonymousreply 139February 23, 2017 9:15 PM

Now that the twins Gash and Slunt are gone - who will win?

by Anonymousreply 140February 24, 2017 11:40 AM

Is their a International Destintion this cycle? Will they go to Bejing?

by Anonymousreply 141February 25, 2017 3:48 PM

Apparently they did r141 but it was cancelled and edited out. Allegedly the judge who was the gay one in bone thugs n harmony got busted soliciting in the men's bathrooms and arrested. And then production wouldn't pay for the two seats that fat model judge needed, so the plane wouldn't leave the terminal either. They were only going to Milwaukee anyway because Rita had some vouchers for a specific best western there.

I wonder how they'll pick a winner? A runway show would seem so out of left field for this cycle. Based on what they've done so far it should be a multi-event thing like a 100m sprint, best original song challenge, and then the girl that finds a husband first, wins!

by Anonymousreply 142February 25, 2017 5:23 PM

Oh gosh I love Milwaukee. They have the best breakfasts at any of the Best Westerns I've been to throughout the nation. Were they there for Milwaukee Fashion Week?

by Anonymousreply 143February 26, 2017 8:56 PM

My stupid dvr stopped at the end, so I'm glad to get the results. So, Cody is out.

By the way, I'm surprised no one commented on Rita's live-a-day-in-my-life episode where she is constantly bombarded with paparazzi.

by Anonymousreply 144February 27, 2017 1:19 AM

Those twins were dreadful! Wish I'd been able to last past 5 mins of the "Greatest Hits" episode to watch.

by Anonymousreply 145February 27, 2017 1:56 AM

I hope Indira wins. She seems like a genuine sweet girl.

by Anonymousreply 146March 2, 2017 10:40 AM

Well that was an unexpected ending, considering three of the four judges were talking up the other finalist so much.

The next cycle should be all guys or guys/girls

by Anonymousreply 147March 9, 2017 5:43 PM

Tati was just so bland and boring. Who cares that she has a lubricant line? Who cares.

by Anonymousreply 148March 11, 2017 4:52 PM

Lol at all the fake drama manufactured for India in the final episode. She had no sob story, no disability, simply stepped up her game and won. Congrats!

All those music vid challenges paid off too. Didn't they look awesome swaying to that song by that chick that wasn't Ashanti but had a similar name, in the middle of a runway show. Très sophistique.

Lastly, I'm not sold on the judges. Bring back Nigel and the Jays!

by Anonymousreply 149March 11, 2017 5:12 PM

[quote]All those music vid challenges paid off too. Didn't they look awesome swaying to that song by that chick that wasn't Ashanti but had a similar name, in the middle of a runway show. Très sophistique.;

That's Tanashe. The last, I heard is that she is dating one of Taylor Swifts ex bf, Calvin Harris.

[quote]Lastly, I'm not sold on the judges. Bring back Nigel and the Jays!

I so agree. I didn't mind Graham as a judge, but I can't stand Rita. I know it was probably planned, but I loved when Rita dropped a peg when Tyra came on the set.

by Anonymousreply 150March 12, 2017 2:14 AM

I just thought it was weird they were constantly trying to present Rita Whora as an 'international superstar'...and that plus size chick as a 'supermodel'. India seems like a nice girl so I'm glad she won

by Anonymousreply 151March 12, 2017 3:01 AM

I completely missed the episode where the girls attended Milwaukee Fashion Week. How did it go? Which designer did they promote? Which girl won the challenge? I guess it don't matter now that India won.

by Anonymousreply 152March 12, 2017 11:48 AM

r152 - Ashley Graham is a well known "Cellulite preservationist" and "Body image activist". We should all bow down.

by Anonymousreply 153March 12, 2017 11:50 AM

Do ANY of these girls ever actually succeed in modelling?

by Anonymousreply 154March 12, 2017 12:54 PM

I saw Paige, the overachieving blonde, doing a TV campaign for adult teeth braces a couple of weeks ago. Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 155March 12, 2017 2:33 PM

India is a stunning girl. Cat eyed and a decent model who takes beautiful photos. Yes, please bring back the guys. It's too bad that anti-Tyra backlash prevented all but few previous ANTM winners and contestants from actually being a top model.

Adam the gorgeous Asian fratboy was my fave guy. Jaslene the cha-cha diva my fave winner.

by Anonymousreply 156March 12, 2017 3:37 PM

I'm disappointed no nudes of Adam have surfaced yet. He was my fave too, after Phil, who happily leaked his nudes.

by Anonymousreply 157March 12, 2017 4:29 PM

Jael and Renee did from Jaslene's cycle. If you consider becoming a crack-whore and a felon succeeding in modeling.

by Anonymousreply 158March 12, 2017 4:36 PM

[quote]I just thought it was weird they were constantly trying to present Rita Whora as an 'international superstar'...and that plus size chick as a 'supermodel'.

That Rita pimping as an international superstar is a joke, but Ashley, especially as a plus-size is considered a supermodel. She was on the cover of SI, Cosmo, Elle, and Vogue, which are the gold standards for being considered a supermodel.

Plus, she has a lot of name recognition all without being connected to someone in the industry, unlike Kendal Jenner and Gigi/Bella Haddid.

by Anonymousreply 159March 13, 2017 2:06 AM

Ashley Graham made the show. She was the most beautiful chick in the room at ALL times. She's so down to earth and relatable, and doesn't take herself overly seriously. She is drop dead gorgeous and the ONLY thing close to a supermodel or relevant celebrity on the ANTM reboot.

by Anonymousreply 160March 13, 2017 10:08 AM

Man, if they had an all-male ANTM season, the ratings would go through the roof.

The fuck is wrong with them?

by Anonymousreply 161March 13, 2017 11:09 AM

So good to see Niles in the finale. He looked really happy and glad to not be walking with those bitches.

by Anonymousreply 162March 13, 2017 11:34 AM

The recent male winners are consistently getting work. So if would make sense to do an all male version or a co-ed version next season. Phil @insightphil still models and is a photographer. Keith @keithcarlos seems to be working consistently. And of course Nyle @nyledimarco had been busy since he's won.

I agree about Ashley, she should be the one running the show. Not Rita. She was the best thing about the judging panel. Her only misstep was her preference for Tatiana over India.

by Anonymousreply 163March 13, 2017 1:17 PM

Forget co-ed. Go a different direction because the same one hasn't worked in 10 years. I don't think people care about female models anymore.

by Anonymousreply 164March 13, 2017 1:59 PM

I wonder how catty a houseful of wannabe male top models would be? I'd so love to find out. Excellent idea for a guys ONLY cycle. The sexual tension between hot dudes would be itself worth watching...

by Anonymousreply 165March 13, 2017 2:09 PM

Right KC? The gays alone would keep that show going for another 5 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 166March 13, 2017 2:12 PM

[quote]I agree about Ashley, she should be the one running the show. Not Rita. She was the best thing about the judging panel.

Yeah, and I wonder why was Rita chosen over her. It doesn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 167March 14, 2017 6:03 AM

If Ashley were thin, she'd just be another basic pretty girl. Nuthin special here - move on.

by Anonymousreply 168March 14, 2017 12:45 PM

R168) Yeah, well she blends in like all of the other skinny girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169March 15, 2017 5:15 AM

Gigi and Kendall are excellent examples of how modelling has cheapened. There is no such thing as a supermodel anymore, just reality stars.

by Anonymousreply 170March 15, 2017 6:17 AM

I swear Gigi looks just like Kate Hudson to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171March 16, 2017 7:58 AM

I'll give Gigi some modeling creds since her mom was a model and her Guess work looks good (though not Ana Nicole great), but Kendal looks like a feminine Kaitlyn to me. No lie.

by Anonymousreply 172March 16, 2017 8:00 AM

Next to Naomi, Claudia and other 90's supermodels, today's crop look like a down's syndrome charity campaign.

Gigi's mom Yolanda was never really a model for more than a couple of minutes before she got knocked up to a billionaire while on one of her Amalfi coast 'yacht tours'.

by Anonymousreply 173March 16, 2017 2:10 PM

That said, Yolanda was a 10 in her day. I don't feel Gigi either, but she's an 8.

Kendall isn't even pretty.

by Anonymousreply 174March 16, 2017 2:14 PM

I agree. Kendall is boring attractive -- not stunning. I keep staring at her and she look like Kaitlyn walking around, and I don't what her flat body was doing walking for Victoria Secret.

by Anonymousreply 175March 17, 2017 3:27 AM

surprise surprise, Tyra's returning as the host for the next season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176March 17, 2017 3:35 AM

Yay! That's great news, so bye, bye, Rita.

Now, that means Tyra will host 2 shows. This one and American's Got Talent.

by Anonymousreply 177March 17, 2017 3:37 AM

VH1 cheapened up this season enough to spring for Tyra's salary next season.

I hope Ashley Graham is back................ and Stacey whatshername could be a new Janice Dickenson.

This season there wasn't even a real episode of 'go-sees'. It was always fun to see the models get lost in a strange city. They took a walk in front of a designer who criticized all of them in an early episode, but that was about it.

Glad to see Rita go ............ now she can focus on her international career. Snort. A day in the life of Rita Ora .... at the unemployment office.

by Anonymousreply 178March 22, 2017 11:41 PM

This last season was too different. In the end, it really wasn't about being a 'model', which was the original premise of the show. For some bizarre reason, it's like they wanted it to be about being a 'personality'. It was odd, for example, how they crammed in the fashion show at the end, but didn't go through teaching the girls how to walk. Maybe they did and just didn't show it, but that made the 'walk off' seem tacked on at the end. Anyway, I've given this entirely too much thought, and I'm glad Tyra is coming back.

by Anonymousreply 179March 23, 2017 3:41 AM

[quote]Glad to see Rita go ............ now she can focus on her international career. Snort. A day in the life of Rita Ora .... at the unemployment office.

Wait, what happened to all of those paps that followed Rita? They showed them on one episode of ANTM. Was that all an illusion?

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 180March 23, 2017 6:42 AM

Where did they go this season for the overseas trip? I must have missed it. I think I saw Paige in a dentures commercial where she was saying that her teeth kept growing back or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 181March 26, 2017 12:31 PM

[quote]Where did they go this season for the overseas trip? I must have missed it.

there wasn't one..it was all pretty low budget

by Anonymousreply 182March 26, 2017 9:31 PM

I thought they did go, but there was a problem with a crew member.

by Anonymousreply 183March 27, 2017 1:23 AM

Can i have the drugs you're taking r183?

by Anonymousreply 184March 27, 2017 2:11 AM

Anyone watching the new cycle? No more guys competing and Tyra replaced Rita.

by Anonymousreply 185January 12, 2018 3:54 AM

miss banks makes me cyclone vomit.....

BE GONE

by Anonymousreply 186January 12, 2018 7:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!