Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Recent Photo of Jaye Davidson

I would not have expected it. Uh uh. No way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8112/08/2017

Not a fan of that much ink. Is there a reason for the total solid sleeve? Cover up?

by Anonymousreply 101/09/2016

Hmm, beefed and tatted up. Don't care for the full torso skinwork but overall not bad. Now bad at all.

by Anonymousreply 201/09/2016

Molested as a kid = excessive tattoos

by Anonymousreply 301/09/2016

I really thought he'd be trans, so that's a bit of a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 401/09/2016

R3, is that what that is? I've noticed a lot of gays have the sleave tattoos. I always thought it was because they wanted to look tough. Of course that's not what it ends up looking like.

by Anonymousreply 501/09/2016

Time is a bitch . Young he was beautiful , now hes just meh .

by Anonymousreply 601/09/2016

Who is he?

by Anonymousreply 701/09/2016

Gasp !

by Anonymousreply 801/09/2016

Am I blue? Am I blue?

Ain't these tears in my eyes telling you?

by Anonymousreply 901/09/2016

Is the excessive tattoo some sort of psych armor? Feel sad if he'd been molested. 🙁He was the best thing in both of his claim-to-fame movies...

by Anonymousreply 1001/09/2016

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1101/09/2016

I hope it is just henna.

by Anonymousreply 1201/09/2016

Color me shocked!

by Anonymousreply 1301/09/2016

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

by Anonymousreply 1401/09/2016

EWWWWWWW!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1501/09/2016

He looks spectacular!

by Anonymousreply 1601/09/2016

I hate the ink but DEFINITELY an improvement.

by Anonymousreply 1701/09/2016

1/10,, would not fuck.

by Anonymousreply 1801/09/2016

Did any of you actually see The Crying Game? It was probably a fluke -- like Madonna in "Desperately Seeking Susan" -- but Jaye was riveting in that role. He was fantastic. It's a shame that Gene Hackman was in the same race for an Oscar that year for "Unforgiven." They both deserved the award, but age went before beauty that year, and Hackman won. Jaye made one more movie after that -- "Stargate" -- and supposedly got $1 million for it. I hope that's true and I hope he's doing well now.

by Anonymousreply 1901/09/2016

Just have to add, though: Neck tattoos are NEVER a good idea. Never.

by Anonymousreply 2001/09/2016

It looks like he finally found the snack chip aisle at the supermarket.

by Anonymousreply 2101/09/2016

Disgusting

by Anonymousreply 2201/09/2016

He looks a bit like Guy Pearce in the face.

I first saw this guy in Stargate when I was twelve and absolutely thought he was a woman. But his character has no top on in the beginning and we saw his nipples, and I was confused because we saw his breasts, but they were so flat. It wasn't until a few years later that I learned he was a male. I'll always remember that confused feeling I got wondering why they'd show a girl topless but she had no boobs? But I was 12, so I forgive myself.

by Anonymousreply 2301/09/2016

If Rachel Dolezal had done that, nobody would have caught on!+

by Anonymousreply 2401/09/2016

He was pretty when young and he's handsome now. The copious amount of ink detracts from his looks.

by Anonymousreply 2501/09/2016

Why did Jaye leave the business after Stargate? Will never forget the debate over what he was going to wear for the Academy Awards, and he ended up in a kilt.

by Anonymousreply 2601/10/2016

A very sick woman.

(drugs?)

by Anonymousreply 2701/10/2016

Wait, he was as black as Sade, how did he become a white bloke, akin to an English football fan?

by Anonymousreply 2801/10/2016

He didn't like acting and didn't want to do Stargate - hence his asking for $1 million. He didn't think they'd go for it.

by Anonymousreply 2901/10/2016

WOOF! I'd hit that!

by Anonymousreply 3001/10/2016

Ugly., ugly ink.

by Anonymousreply 3101/10/2016

Just the lighting I think, R28.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3201/10/2016

Where does he work now? Is he seeing anyone? Does he have a blog/ youtube channel?

by Anonymousreply 3301/10/2016

Woefully naive about how the the business works. Gifted to one of the major powerbrokers as a plaything soon after his rise to fame and subsequently passed around. Tried to escape, but kept against his will until his expiration date. There you have it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3401/10/2016

Still a tranny, I see. That lace lingerie looks terrible on him at R32.

by Anonymousreply 3501/10/2016

Is she a sister, a trans-testicle, or a fish?!

We can't tell.

by Anonymousreply 3601/10/2016

He doesn't look terrible. The tattoos are a bit unusual.

by Anonymousreply 3701/10/2016

An androgyne beauty in his youth. Such a shock watching the film (Crying Game) when the peen showed up.

by Anonymousreply 3801/10/2016

Why is this legal?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3901/10/2016

FUCK! HOWWWWWWWWWW??? theres hope for all you kweeeens!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4001/10/2016

Severe mental problems to do that to his body.

by Anonymousreply 4101/10/2016

"I'm going for Samoan prison bitch."

"You got it!"

by Anonymousreply 4201/10/2016

Now he looks like an MS13 gang member.

by Anonymousreply 4301/10/2016

It's been 23 years since tbat movie. He looks good for 47.

by Anonymousreply 4401/10/2016

He was an asshole. I knew him. He mafe a big point of saying he wanted to be left alone. He got his wish.

by Anonymousreply 4501/10/2016

R34, If you were Jaye Davidson, then what would YOU have done instead knowing the business and not being at all naive.

R36, You would not believe the number of fraus who constantly asked at the time if Jaye Davidson was a man or a woman, as they really had absolutely no clue, and somehow assumed two different people shared the same role in The Crying Game. The movie had a real strong buzz.

by Anonymousreply 4601/10/2016

[Quote][R34], If you were Jaye Davidson, then what would YOU have done instead knowing the business and not being at all naive.

I would not have literally signed my soul over to the devil for the promise of immediate fame and fortune. Poor Jaye didn't realize how the game is played. There's a nasty subset in the industry that preyed on him. He was exploited mentally, physically and sexually. His reluctance to continue in the business and downward spiral aesthetically (tats, overeating, bad attitude) was his way of telling them he had had enough and to leave him alone. Unfortunately, it's not that simple - "blood in, blood out." Same thing that happened to Kurt and Shannon.

by Anonymousreply 4701/10/2016

R47, Are you speaking of Kurt Cobain and Shannon Doherty? If not then who? Pardon my own naivety but does "signing your soul to the devil" mean whoring yourself to whomever, whenever, and doing whatever drugs are offered to cope? Please be more specific.

by Anonymousreply 4801/10/2016

-- He was exploited mentally, physically and sexually -- Details of said abuse please.

by Anonymousreply 4901/10/2016

R48 I am assuming Shannon is Shannon Hoon. Shannen Doherty spells her first name with an e.

by Anonymousreply 5001/10/2016

Kurt Cobain & Shannon Hoon of Blind Mellon... You can also throw Hanson, Brad Renfro & John Erik Hexum into the mix. Young people with innate natural talent and beauty are extremely vulnerable at the beginning of their careers. It has little to do with the industry. There's a very secretive dark side, filled with sketchy otherworldly individuals whose aim is not just to make money off of these eager artists, but to own them outright. Michael didn't become the way he was as an adult just because of Joe. Think of the audience that snuff caters to and you'll have somewhat of an understanding of how it works behind closed doors. The truth would scare the living daylights out of you.

by Anonymousreply 5101/10/2016

That's all fabrication. Jaye was never in Hollywood. He took his $1mil for "Stargate" and ran. He did hang with models and fashionistas for a minute but then he moved on.

by Anonymousreply 5201/10/2016

What are you talking about r47? Who is Michael?

by Anonymousreply 5301/10/2016

One of the top 10 body 'art' disasters of all time...

by Anonymousreply 5401/10/2016

[Quote]That's all fabrication. Jaye was never in Hollywood. He took his $1mil for "Stargate" and ran. He did hang with models and fashionistas for a minute but then he moved on.

That's the narrative that's been put out there. In actuality, someone like Jaye would be worth his weight in gold. He stood out and was plucked from obscurity and specially groomed to the specifications of the men who would ultimately become his handlers. The Crying Game role was incidental, much like a hobby like needlepoint or portrait painting for him to fill the time. This is how this crowd likes to get down. Think of those rich arab princes and how much they are willing to pay to satisfy their indulgences and you will get somewhat of an idea of the lifestyle non of us will ever be a part of.

by Anonymousreply 5501/10/2016

R47 believes Beyoncé rules the world

by Anonymousreply 5601/10/2016

Wha??? She doesn't?

by Anonymousreply 5701/10/2016

Tin foilers ruin everything. Fuck off back to lizard land

by Anonymousreply 5801/10/2016

I don't believe B rules the world.

I do know what's neatly packaged and presented to the masses isn't necessarily so.

by Anonymousreply 5901/10/2016

[Quote]Tin foilers ruin everything. Fuck off back to lizard land

Yes, that's right, fuck off. Rich people in power have never used their position and wealth for their own gain. It just doesn't ever happen...never...ever.

by Anonymousreply 6001/10/2016

Does R60 sacrifice innocent young starlets to her Great Straw Man?

by Anonymousreply 6101/10/2016

Don't be tedious R60. No one is denying that generic statement.

Instead, they are mocking you for coming on an anonymous message board and recycling cliches to make yourself seem like an insider turned harbinger of doom

by Anonymousreply 6201/10/2016

R51 Jack Hexum was not exploited sexually. He may have jumped into sack with a few CD's for a part but they all do. This Davidson guy/girl was a one trick pony. If he/she kept turning tricks thinking he/she had a career that was his/her decision as an adult. It's a casting couch. Same for men as women.

by Anonymousreply 6301/10/2016

[Quote]Instead, they are mocking you for coming on an anonymous message board and recycling cliches to make yourself seem like an insider turned harbinger of doom

Darling, there is no "they". It's only you trying to derail (and failing miserably) the conversation. Like you do on all threads that are not in line with your narrow, myopic view of the world. Take your head out of your ass from time to time. The air smells much better up here.

by Anonymousreply 6401/10/2016

Sweetie, you are paranoid.

I made some of the comments, but all the tin foil/lizard stuff came from other sources.

There are plenty laughing at you, but you already knew that as I'm sure that's been a regular occurrence in your life for many, many years...

by Anonymousreply 6501/10/2016

R64:

You are the one who came to a thread about the changing appearance of Jaye Davidson and began babbling about a sexual predator ring that consumed the lead singer of blind melon.

You have no place accusing me, or anyone else of trying to derail a thread.

by Anonymousreply 6601/10/2016

R55 you have to be more specific. Jaye was not in THE industry. Is it your impression that he was a rentboy to the industry elite? Because that is an entirely different "industry."

by Anonymousreply 6701/10/2016

I would suspect whatever happened to Jaye that led him to cover his body in ink happened well before Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 6801/10/2016

R47, I'd like to hear some of the specific details. It's up to readers to determine whether or not they believe some or all of the "gossip," and not those who try to block stories for no valid reason. If you don't want to read another's opinions you know what to do.I like to hear all sides myself.

by Anonymousreply 6901/10/2016

right, because as a borderline MtF black actor he could have had a HUGE career in movies, especially in the early 90s. MtF black actors are in HUGE demand. He took the very few roles he got offered and wisely left the movie biz, that's all

by Anonymousreply 7001/10/2016

How dare you try and block the delicate genius from sharing his yarns of insider's wisdom!!

Don't you know that critical thinking isn't allowed while in the presence of delicate flowers who follow the delicate genius?

by Anonymousreply 7101/10/2016

R70, "Mr. T" got roles besides the "A Team" and he's far more of a niche actor.

by Anonymousreply 7201/10/2016

Jaye was a nobody who caught the eye of of some very important people at a party. The role offer was the carrot they dangled in his face. He took the bait and instantly became the toast of the town. Then the piper came for his pay. There's a lot of crazy unspeakable stuff that goes on. Think of the most abominable, freakish thing you can think of. Without a doubt there is an apetite out there for it. Jaye's appeal was his youth and the fact he was sexually ambiguous. Once Jaye found out what he was surrounded by, he wanted out and spent the next few years trying to get out.

by Anonymousreply 7301/10/2016

[Quote]right, because as a borderline MtF black actor he could have had a HUGE career in movies, especially in the early 90s.

Hey stupid, The Crying Game was a huge success and he was nominated for an Oscar, so it proves it was possible to create good roles for him. As a matter of fact, he never got an agent because he was sick of people calling him with all these oulandish concept pitches. He demanded $1 million for Stargate as a joke. The higher ups paid him to keep him around. Once they were done using him, he was out.

by Anonymousreply 7401/10/2016

I loved him on "the Girl With Something Extra"

by Anonymousreply 7512/08/2017

Excessive tattooing usually indicates disliking one's bodily experiences and wanting to take ownership of them--they are common with sexual abuse victims or people who have very low bodily self-esteem (e.g. trannies).

by Anonymousreply 7612/08/2017

[quote] Such a shock watching the film (Crying Game) when the peen showed up.

Only men say this. When the film came out I worked at a large med center in NYC. The nurses thought it was hilarious that anyone could mistake Jaye D for a woman, while all the male techs & MDs were fooled. When a nurse asked another nurse, "Have you seen the Crying Game? Did you know?" The answer was "As soon as he showed up onscreen."

by Anonymousreply 7712/08/2017

[quote] Once Jaye found out what he was surrounded by, he wanted out and spent the next few years trying to get out.

How dramatic! I'll bet non-English-speaking women who are trafficked as sex slaves in English speaking countries would find this gut-bustingly funny.

by Anonymousreply 7812/08/2017

I didn't see the movie until long after the twist became well known. Sometimes the character looked like it might pass as a (somewhat masculine-looking) woman, but then there were shots where it was just like, THAT'S A MAN, BABY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7912/08/2017

I don't know where the nutter in the thread is getting her information from, but Davidson has always been quite open about this - he didn't enjoy fame and started working out and getting tattoos to adopt a more masculine image.

by Anonymousreply 8012/08/2017

R79, men didn't look like this in general public when the movie came out.

by Anonymousreply 8112/08/2017
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!