Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rejected for not Liking Football: Crazy reasons people gave for dumping you

I met a guy online who I thought might be the one. He is a bisexual former college football player, in grad school, very bright, kind, masculine, only child, Biracial, built like a Men's Fitness Model. We had a couple of dates, he said he really liked me and I was the first dude he could date. He even said he wants to tell his "bros" about me. We met at a sports bar Sunday to hang. He wanted to stay there all Sunday and watch football. I confessed that I didn't usually watch football and wanted to go to the movies. He looked incredulous in the moment, but we actually left and watched a movie. That night, he texted me and said it wouldn't work out because he saw my lack of interest in football as a fatal flaw. He says masculine men like football, and he doesn't think of men who are not into football as real masculine men. He said we can't relate to each other longterm if I don't enjoy the sport like him. I am trying to move on, but it stings.

by Anonymousreply 238February 4, 2020 11:20 AM

Lol!

by Anonymousreply 1January 7, 2016 8:14 PM

His notion that men who aren't into football aren't masculine is HIS fatal flaw. Nonetheless, probably best to know now--for some people, another person's lack of interest (and unwillingness to try to expand their interest into an area--and, by the way, I can't think of many guys I'd find so worth it to get me to watch football every week, so I'm not criticizing you) could be the basis for long-term incompatibility. For example, I don't think I could have more than a fuck buddy thing with a guy who doesn't enjoy going to the theatre--he wouldn't have to love it as much as I do, and I could compromise by not insisting he go with me every time I want to go, but if he thought theatre-loving men were insufficiently masculine for him or that he just would never go, it would be a bad match. My husband loves chamber music--I'm so-so on it (though like other classical music), but I go with him because it's not every week and it makes him happy to have me along. Similarly, he will watch all the awards shows with me, though, left to his own devices he might not know the difference between an Emmy and a Tony. I wouldn't force him to watch them (I'm getting weary of them all, anyway), but he has fun seeing how worked up I get. If I were attracted to a man--not just physically, but emotionally, as well--who loved football, I think I'd try to watch once in awhile, even go to the occasional game, after he explained how it worked and what he loved about it, but if he insisted that every Sunday I was a captive to the game, I'd wish him lots of luck. And his comment about "masculinity" makes him sound like a bad risk--what if you actually liked quiche and thought using knives, forks, soap, and so forth were worthwhile things. And I imagine he would become very self-conscious, despite what he says, about having to meet his "bros." Let them all get drunk and do each other. You deserve better than that. It's like if a guy says, "I'd date you if you lost weight" or "I could fall in love with you if made more money." If those are his priorities, good riddance--you dodged a bullet. You'll never completely please him, because there will ALWAYS be some point that is unilaterally non-negotiable. Or he just got cold feet.

by Anonymousreply 2January 7, 2016 8:20 PM

Mentally ill. Consider yourself lucky you found out in time, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3January 7, 2016 8:23 PM

Although few would say it so explicitly, a man who doesn't like football raises eyebrows and makes people think you are unmanly or weird. Heck, women can hardly get away with not liking football anymore. It's so pivotal to American identity now.

by Anonymousreply 4January 7, 2016 8:29 PM

OP, what team did he play for?

I wonder if Aaron Rodgers only dates guys who like football......

by Anonymousreply 5January 7, 2016 8:30 PM

I don't like to dance. I don't like to hang out at bars and clubs. Dumped.

by Anonymousreply 6January 7, 2016 8:31 PM

Sorry, something went amiss in posting--I am R2. I think you dodged a bullet. His concept of "masculinity" is stupid and shows how far he is from coming out of the closet--I bet he would have found a hundred reasons not to mix you in with the bros. I think it's valid to say, X is such an important passion of mine that if you won't ever occasionally accompany me or participate for it, we won't be a good match. I love theatre and could go five nights a week if I had the money and lived in a theatre city. My husband enjoys it a lot, but not to that extent. Nonetheless, he has grown to enjoy it more and now does look forward to going on trips to NYC with me for a few days of shows. Similarly, while I played a classical instrument through school and like classical music, chamber music, particularly things from the Baroque era, is not my cup of tea, but he loves it, and so I go to the concerts every two months. And I've known successful couples who each have a passion or two the other just can't stand, so they give each other space to enjoy it. But he sounds like a controlling, extremely limited mess who wants unilateral control over the terms and activities of the relationship. In that way, he's more of a heterosexual than a bisexual man in terms of social roles, and he'll always think of you as "the woman." Be glad he told you NOW so you don't have to cry THEN!

by Anonymousreply 7January 7, 2016 8:36 PM

[quote]If I were attracted to a man--not just physically, but emotionally, as well--who loved football, I think I'd try to watch once in awhile, even go to the occasional game, after he explained how it worked and what he loved about it, but if he insisted that every Sunday I was a captive to the game, I'd wish him lots of luck.

The problem with football worshipers is that it isn't only Sunday; it has now taken over other days of the week until at a minimum it's a four-day a week addiction. When they're not watching a game, they're talking about the last game, so it's ubiquitous.

Other posters on this thread are right, OP. You dodged a major bullet.

by Anonymousreply 8January 7, 2016 8:40 PM

Years ago a boyfriend dropped me because I showed him a video by Alien Sex Fiend that I thought was pretty funny. He didn't.

by Anonymousreply 9January 7, 2016 8:40 PM

Um, he said he really liked you and wanted to introduce you his friends...before he ever actually met you in person?

by Anonymousreply 10January 7, 2016 8:43 PM

OP said they had a couple of dates--um, learn to read R10

by Anonymousreply 11January 7, 2016 8:46 PM

this is one of the hardest things to do in life, let go of someone who appears great -- but is clearly a nut.

you got out early, OP; consider yourself lucky.

You scored a goalfield.

by Anonymousreply 12January 7, 2016 8:55 PM

I would dump someone who didn't share my interests as well. Who wants to do something constantly that your bf likes but you hate. That sounds like torture.

by Anonymousreply 13January 7, 2016 8:57 PM

Last night's episode of Blackish had an entertaining riff on whether partners need to be best friends.

I tend to side with the show - you don't need to be best friends and share every interest in common.

What makes this guy a non-starter is his unyielding and juvenille attitude, not the specifics of his particular fetish about football. And, it is a fetish.

by Anonymousreply 14January 7, 2016 9:04 PM

Interesting that you mention a fetish, R14. You're right.

by Anonymousreply 15January 7, 2016 9:15 PM

I would dump OP just for thinking that someone he only met online could be "the one"

by Anonymousreply 16January 7, 2016 9:16 PM

He didn't say that it was based on their online connection he thought he was the one--they went on a few dates. Jeez, can no one read anymore?

by Anonymousreply 17January 7, 2016 9:23 PM

OP, you dodged a bullet. That guy has ISSUES.

by Anonymousreply 18January 7, 2016 9:23 PM

A guy who cares about football that much wouldn't make it to the third date before figuring out that OP is not a fan of the sport. Not during football season. He'd probably hide that shit from a girl, but if he's on a date with a guy and it's important to him that the guy like football, he's going to talk about fucking football.

But great job reeling in all the fans of theater and orchestra.

by Anonymousreply 19January 7, 2016 9:29 PM

R14, some people need their partners to be their friends, as well. some don't - they prefer someone to be romantically involved in aside from their circle of buddies. there's nothing wrong with it, you just need to find someone who sees it the same way. so if OPs dude wants someone who fits into his group of friends, someone he can share his interests with - and this group is highly invested in football, then OP is not a good fit.

by Anonymousreply 20January 7, 2016 9:32 PM

r20 - While I take your point, that's not precisely what I said or my point.

by Anonymousreply 21January 7, 2016 9:35 PM

We've all gone through that stage where we try to share interests, and maybe it shouldn't be just a phase but a component of a good relationship, something that nurtures it. But breaking up over football?

by Anonymousreply 22January 7, 2016 9:38 PM

Obviously he is not as hot as you claim or you would be typing with one hand and studying up on Tennessee Titans stats with the other.

by Anonymousreply 23January 7, 2016 9:46 PM

It doesn't seem that strange to me. I'll watch a football game once in a while but I wouldn't want to date someone that scheduled their life around watching football games. I'd date dump someone for being obsessed with football, so the reverse seems fair with me.

by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2016 9:47 PM

I dumped R2 because he doesn't use paragraphs.

by Anonymousreply 25January 7, 2016 9:48 PM

Football is huge to many. It can be an asset or impediment to a relationship. At least be honest about its Centrality in the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 26January 7, 2016 10:02 PM

r23, darling, the Titans finished last in a division so bad the winning team was barely above .500. Nobody is studying their stats this time of year.

by Anonymousreply 27January 7, 2016 10:48 PM

"Because my friends like you more than they like me."

by Anonymousreply 28January 7, 2016 10:55 PM

I dated plenty of guys who don't care about football!

by Anonymousreply 29January 8, 2016 12:10 AM

Dude, fake it till you make it! Two of my best friends are hot straight guy who love football. I'm not much of a fan myself, but I love beer and hanging out with them. You could've faked an interest and he probably would've been glad to fill in any holes or clarify points of confusion.

by Anonymousreply 30January 8, 2016 12:16 AM

"Rejected for not Liking Football"

I'm guessing it was the pom-poms and your constant begging for 'some half-time spirit stick.'

by Anonymousreply 31January 8, 2016 12:24 AM

[quote] he probably would've been glad to fill in any holes or clarify points of confusion.

In ways the OP would never have considered.

by Anonymousreply 32January 8, 2016 12:31 AM

Totally should have faked an interest. Lying is the best way to start a great relationship!

by Anonymousreply 33January 8, 2016 12:43 AM

"Because you're too good for me and I am exhausted trying to act like I'm better than I am." Which I figured actually meant that he was bored without high drama.

by Anonymousreply 34January 8, 2016 1:17 AM

I'd dump a man if he told me he was the type to only read the OP before posting a response.

by Anonymousreply 35January 8, 2016 2:25 AM

I'm not that much into football, although I played in HS and college. I do really like rugby, soccer and hockey, and I don't hesitate to tell people that. Fuck 'em.

by Anonymousreply 36January 8, 2016 2:48 AM

[quote]You scored a goalfield.

MARY

by Anonymousreply 37January 8, 2016 5:32 AM

[quote]He is a bisexual

That maybe should have been your first clue that it wasn't going to last.

by Anonymousreply 38January 8, 2016 6:26 AM

I have to admit, I couldn't have a relationship with someone who didn't want to watch football all day Sunday as well as the prime time week night games. I has nothing to do with finding them less than masculine. It's about sharing something which has been such a major part of my life since childhood.

by Anonymousreply 39January 8, 2016 7:43 AM

People do think a guy who doesn't watch football is strange. It is hard for many to fathom.

by Anonymousreply 40January 8, 2016 8:44 AM

I had my cable changed and I no longer have sports channels (like ESPN 1-8)--this weeds out the sports fanatics from the occasional fan when I have visitors--and it's fun to watch who gets pissed about it.

I don't mind a game a couple times a year, but that's enough, and there has to be specific eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 41January 8, 2016 8:54 AM

If he was as hot as you say I would have pretended to like football, what's the BFD? He probably would have dumped you for a woman anyway, that's how your typical "bisexual" operates.

by Anonymousreply 42January 8, 2016 9:16 AM

I'm with R42.

by Anonymousreply 43January 8, 2016 9:17 AM

This never happened.

-11.56/10

by Anonymousreply 44January 8, 2016 11:39 AM

I've been seeing a guy who watches football all the time (he was wearing a football jersey when we met - and I can't even name a player on that team). We just passed 1 year. We don't talk about football or watch it...there are plenty of other things to talk about and do. And, he sometimes wears the jersey when I ride his dick...so... it works for me. (you're welcome for me confirming the stereotype that the bottom won't play or watch sports)

I think, perhaps, this is a cover up for another reason he didn't like you. I've had guys say I live too far (when it's about 10 minutes of a drive...please...and my neighborhood is nicer...). One guy said our education and income was too far apart - and I made him feel insecure (so annoying - he was a hot furniture stock room guy). That might have been "valid" for him but I was like - fuck, why is this really such an issue?? So... I try not to even analyze it anymore. I can't control other people's emotions / opinions or let them control me (or so I try to tell myself).

BTW, One of my closest female friends is a huge sports fan, and she said it actually turned guys off a little bit. Logically, you'd think guys would like that, but it's almost like the opposite of the "masc only" thing. She's not "masculine" at all but her family is really into football. She said guys found it odd. She's 35 now (husband hunting in 2005-2010) I have no idea if it is an age thing. But, she definitely said that a number of guys didn't like when she wanted to go "watch the game".

LOL @ r25

by Anonymousreply 45January 8, 2016 11:54 AM

I once went out with a girl who said she loved to cook, as do I. She mentioned how picky she was about her ingredient, which I appreciated because I am too. (no, bitches, neither one of us are Ina Garten)

She mentioned having to go to Trader Joe's to pick up a bread (baguettes) before having family over. That was all she was going there for, bread. She lived a stone's throw away from some of the best bakeries in the city, places lauded for their bread, but she was going to Trader Joe's? It was a deal breaker for me. And yes, I'm kind of an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 46January 8, 2016 2:10 PM

Is TJ's bread that bad? I never shop there - it's pretty far from me vs. 4 other places...but the people I know who go there are obsessed with it - like it's manna from heaven or something.

I love hearing that lesbians can be as picky over basically nothing too. I always saw women as far more forgiving...my female friends seem to have a broader range of guys they will like, whereas my gay male friends have an itemized list in excel with weighted scores (exaggerating, but you get my point).

by Anonymousreply 47January 8, 2016 2:17 PM

I've had really good bread from TJ's, but I wouldn't drive past WF and their wonderful Italian bread to buy bread at TJ's. Not sure if the reverse would be true.

by Anonymousreply 48January 8, 2016 2:34 PM

I would be proud to get dumped for hating football. Or any other sport, for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 49January 8, 2016 2:35 PM

R47, it may be good bread, but I just can't fathom going there specifically for their baguettes/Italian bread when we live in New York City with some of the best bakeries in the country. Maybe if she lived, like, a block from TJ's, but she didn't.

I totally get what you mean, and I think in general most lesbians/straight women are more inclined to overlook certain things. But dammit I take good ingredients seriously (again...I am NOT Ina Garten) I actually may have been able to overlook it, but she wasn't ready to come out to her family, which was uncomfortable for me.

by Anonymousreply 50January 8, 2016 2:52 PM

I once dumped a guy because of punctuation.

by Anonymousreply 51January 8, 2016 2:58 PM

Many, many red flags there that OP should have spotted.

1. Bisexual

2. "Bros"

3. You were the first guy he "could" date

4. Frequenting sports bars

by Anonymousreply 52January 8, 2016 3:10 PM

yes x 4, R52.

You don't have to be the one "getting rejected" - when the other "bro" is clearly having issues

by Anonymousreply 53January 8, 2016 3:41 PM

r11 "The Learn Queen" is on the loose again DLers. Watch the grammar, watch the details of the thread, watch your crotch!

by Anonymousreply 54January 8, 2016 4:18 PM

R45, too much information, bro

by Anonymousreply 55January 8, 2016 4:38 PM

R52, you miss all the hot guys then

by Anonymousreply 56January 8, 2016 4:39 PM

r56 It depends what OP is looking for: a quick fuck or a long term relationship. Of course, from the way he described him, I imagine a lot of DLers would be on their knees for a pump and dump.

by Anonymousreply 57January 8, 2016 4:50 PM

R 54 It ain't about grammar and punctuation--it's about taking the time to read the content before opening your fuckin' piehole.

by Anonymousreply 58January 8, 2016 4:58 PM

R58, there's no space between the "R" and the reply number. It's not like there aren't hundreds of examples for you to copy from... it's not difficult to get it right.

by Anonymousreply 59January 8, 2016 5:01 PM

R56 - delusional. You'd miss "all the fucked up guys"

by Anonymousreply 60January 8, 2016 5:14 PM

There are plenty of othER sports much more exciting than football...like hockey and rugby. Too much fucking down time in football. Boring.

by Anonymousreply 61January 8, 2016 10:35 PM

I agree with r204, I hate the apathy and whining.

by Anonymousreply 62January 8, 2016 11:24 PM

I think people who are rabid football freaks and goofballs and I avoid them. Men and women.

Love football so much, eh? Well, play it yourself then .. or ANY sport!

But to stay glued to a TV for hours on end? -- BIZARRO!

by Anonymousreply 63January 9, 2016 12:10 AM

Would Aaron Rodgers date a guy who didn't like football?

by Anonymousreply 64January 9, 2016 12:20 AM

Dude, it isn't him, it's you ... you had a few dates, good sex, you weren't what he thought or he was already finished with you, so you don't like football, his life, is a good excuse to dump you. Tough break. You don't fit into what he wants.

by Anonymousreply 65January 9, 2016 12:29 AM

I noticed that so many personals mention football these days. It has become an indirect way to let people know you are masc4masc.

by Anonymousreply 66January 13, 2016 1:21 PM

I was seated next to a table of so-called "mascs" in a restaurant a few months. The only thing these four had in common with "masc" were the first two letters of their affinity group's name, "Marys." Imagine, if you will, "I am TOO mASSculine." One of them actually said that. My dining partner burst out laughing, and he had his back to them, so he could only hear it.

by Anonymousreply 67January 13, 2016 1:27 PM

In the 90's I was dating/fucking a young hipster who lived in Williamsburg. Yep I lived in Park Slope. Williamsburg was already bohemian and hip. We smoked a lot of dope and cigarettes and fucked a lot and had long amazing rips on pop culture. We were both pretty down to earth and poorish artsy forties. Well one day I wanted to write him a silly but affectionate poem/note an i did it on toilet paper for some reason. He iced me out and never heard from him again for 2 years.

Then I bumped into him in the East Village and he apologised - he said it wasn't the toilet paper it was affection.

by Anonymousreply 68January 13, 2016 1:34 PM

artsy FARTsies. we were 20's

by Anonymousreply 69January 13, 2016 1:35 PM

I once had a guy dump me merely because I'm old, fat and impotent !!

I'm 62. He was 24, muscular and very handsome. We met online. After we talked for a period of time, we made arrangements to get together. I gave him my address and credit card number. I was watching GOLDEN GIRLS when he showed up. It was my favorite episode, the one with Nurse Lafarge. We had a very hot fun evening. I knew we were a perfect match but after 2 & a half hours he suddenly pulls the above on me and bolts. That was it !! Imagine !!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 13, 2016 2:41 PM

Who the hell is R62 replying to?!?

by Anonymousreply 71January 13, 2016 5:38 PM

R204, apparently

by Anonymousreply 72January 13, 2016 6:52 PM

OP, seriously? Count your blessings, he's clearly a nutcase. You are better off without him and you should be grateful it never progressed. Imagine if you DID like football? His issues would not have been as apparent earlier, and you might've wound up with him a lot longer, with a lot more scars and a whole lot more hurt.

Chalk it up and move on. He's not worth it.

by Anonymousreply 73January 13, 2016 7:07 PM

[quote]People do think a guy who doesn't watch football is strange. It is hard for many to fathom.

Stupid people think this. Stupid, ignorant, unworldly and narrow-minded people with no concept of any life beyond their own very sheltered and limited one. People who think everyone is exactly like them, that all men must act and think exactly alike, and that anyone who doesn't must be some sort of weirdo.

It goes without saying that the correlation between people who think this about men who don't like football is nearly 100% identical to people who are openly and proudly homophobic against men who like men sexually. All of it is part of a broader streak of mindless conformity and strict gender roles that defines the most idiotic and backwards elements of suburban and rural American conservatism.

by Anonymousreply 74January 13, 2016 7:18 PM

" Football ? Don't make me laugh. I hate sports ! "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 13, 2016 7:23 PM

r66, I guess I'll fit right in!

by Anonymousreply 76January 13, 2016 8:04 PM

I will willfully avoid anything that's popular with the majority of the American public.

by Anonymousreply 77January 13, 2016 10:08 PM

Common interests are important in a relationship. But his execution feeble.

I prefer a guy that likes sports too. But nobody - should ever handle it the way he did. You did dodge a bullet.

by Anonymousreply 78January 13, 2016 10:13 PM

OP, join the club. It's not so bad. We make it work somehow. If he spends all his time in his man cave watching sports at least you know where he is. You know he isn't off slipping the D to some side piece AND you get lots of time to do whatever you want with your friends. Bonus: you get to spend all his money because HE won't be--sitting at home or at a sports bar watching football is a cheap hobby. Win/Win.

by Anonymousreply 79January 13, 2016 11:44 PM

I once had a guy dump me because I was too good looking and he'd never feel secure that I wouldn't cheat on him . Along that same line I once had a guy dump me because I was too good in bed ,wich he read as having way more experience than him so I was lying about how many guys Id slept with (of course I was lying ) . He was in his 30s and had only slept with THREE people in his whole life ! And it showed ,believe me .

by Anonymousreply 80January 13, 2016 11:56 PM

Hate to break it to you R80, but they were just trying to be nice. They dumped you because you're an insufferable, conceited asshole.

by Anonymousreply 81January 14, 2016 12:21 AM

College football. Yes. I have season tickets for my team, and I drag my husband to every home and 2-3 away games each fall. We have to fly to most of them. But, I have club level seats, we stay in great hotels, and eat well, so he loves it.

Professional football. no.

by Anonymousreply 82January 14, 2016 12:27 AM

I was indeed , R81 . But time has a way of curing all that , now doesn't it ?

by Anonymousreply 83January 14, 2016 12:28 AM

I dumped someone who brought me to a John Waters movie. It was my first, and last time. He was seeing it for the millionth time, and that was a good enough reason for me.

by Anonymousreply 84January 14, 2016 2:57 AM

I dumped someone because he lived in the '80s. And his living room was lavender.

by Anonymousreply 85January 14, 2016 3:52 AM

He took you, R84. He didn't bring you unless you're still there.

by Anonymousreply 86January 14, 2016 9:00 PM

Football is our national obsession.

by Anonymousreply 87January 19, 2016 2:38 PM

I fetishize male conformity, it turns me on a lot. I've actually collected pics of men watching football. I never liked it, but I do plan to force myself to learn to like it. Someone will accuse me of self-loathing, but I go with what makes my dick hard.

by Anonymousreply 88January 19, 2016 2:43 PM

Did you at least get a great lay out it first OP?

by Anonymousreply 89January 19, 2016 3:49 PM

[quote]She mentioned having to go to Trader Joe's to pick up a bread (baguettes) before having family over. That was all she was going there for, bread. She lived a stone's throw away from some of the best bakeries in the city, places lauded for their bread, but she was going to Trader Joe's? It was a deal breaker for me. And yes, I'm kind of an idiot.

I'm sure I'm also kind of an idiot, but I can imagine that being a deal breaker for me, too. As a fellow NYC lesbian who loves to cook and obsesses over ingredients, I find that TJs has pretty much nothing worth going out of one's way to procure, certainly not their bread.

by Anonymousreply 90January 19, 2016 4:29 PM

r58 Learn how to use the 'r' to reply to a post before you open your piehole.

by Anonymousreply 91January 19, 2016 6:02 PM

Nothing wrong with not sharing all the same interests. My bf is a sports nut. He usually goes to a bar with a bunch of fellow sports watching friends which gives me some "me" time to watch movies he usually hates or I can read, etc. I'll go to Superbowl parties but the other games I'm just not interested in but it gives us both some space.

by Anonymousreply 92January 19, 2016 7:50 PM

I think guys use sports interest as an indicator of whether a male is masculine or one of the dudebros.

by Anonymousreply 93January 19, 2016 7:58 PM

Exactly r92. I'm glad he has his own interests so he get's out of my hair. I'm not the type that wants or needs to be with someone 24/7. Usually comes home all horny from his sports buddies so it's a win win

by Anonymousreply 94January 19, 2016 8:21 PM

I dumped a swarthy, good looking Italian-American guy with an enormous, very thick, cock because he was a flight attendant. I was very insecure when I was a young Gayling and thought I would not be able to handle any sort of infidelity while he was on a layover. He was very surprised when I dumped him and my friends were shocked that I would let such a catch go. I learned that he was quite a heartbreaker a few months later. I felt I dodged that bullet.

by Anonymousreply 95January 20, 2016 1:45 AM

I stole stuff from his apartment, screwed around constantly, called his Mother a cunt.

He was a total loser.

by Anonymousreply 96January 20, 2016 2:14 AM

It seems Americans are more obsessed with football than ever. About half of office conversations and my friends' discussions involve football.

by Anonymousreply 97January 25, 2016 3:44 PM

R95 An air stewardess isn't a catch, princess.

by Anonymousreply 98January 25, 2016 3:50 PM

Actually, all of their reasons were legitimate when I really think about it. I'll be the first one to say it was me!

by Anonymousreply 99January 25, 2016 4:02 PM

Americans hate each other, that's why they have to choose "safe" topics like football. They used to be able to talk about "Friends" or "Seinfeld" but since nobody watches the same shit anymore, that's no longer possible. I once worked at an office where every person in it was the weak person in their relationship, so the partner was making all the decisions. You have no idea what special kind of hell it is to work with people who cannot take initiative in the smallest detail unless they have a bully to tell them what to do.

by Anonymousreply 100January 25, 2016 4:27 PM

Why does the guy have to be a "nutcase" and have "issues"? You are not what he wants. A person has every right to reject you for whatever reason. GROW UP and move on. Geez. Get it together people.

by Anonymousreply 101January 25, 2016 4:27 PM

I haven't read much of this thread. But --- lesson learned -- subtlety is the key to any troll post. OP gave the game away in the first sentence. You have throw out the bait and then post occasionally to reel them in.

When will you queens learn this?

by Anonymousreply 102January 25, 2016 4:49 PM

Does anyone else remember when the Superbowl was just another football Sunday? Sure it was a big deal for football fans, but people now treat it like it's an actual holiday on par with New Year's or the Fourth of July. Parties on the scale that we now know them were practically unheard of. Most people just stayed home and watched it like any other football game. Now it's an "event" and everyone is trying to outdo themselves with parties every year. Somewhere over the last 40 years it evolved into this thing that **everyone** goes nuts over.

I just find it all so bizarre. I actually hate football and avoid superbowl parties every year. I purposely spend the day doing anything BUT the superbowl.

by Anonymousreply 103January 25, 2016 4:55 PM

Many people ( myself included) consider all the hype over the Oscars way over blown. Same kinda thing. I'm not really a football fan either but Super Bowl parties tend to be a lot more fun than oscar parties so i just go with it.

by Anonymousreply 104January 25, 2016 5:03 PM

I don't know anyone who celebrates the Oscars the way the average heterosexual obsesses over the superbowl.

by Anonymousreply 105January 25, 2016 5:05 PM

[quote]I have to admit, I couldn't have a relationship with someone who didn't want to watch football all day Sunday as well as the prime time week night games. I has nothing to do with finding them less than masculine. It's about sharing something which has been such a major part of my life since childhood.

Well, that's the thing. If you have an interest that consumes a ton of your free time, it makes sense that you'd want a bf who can enjoy it with you. But thinking, let alone explicitly announcing to someone, that he's not a "real man" because he doesn't share your interest, is obnoxious. This guy could have said "I'm crazy about football and watch it whenever I can during fall and winter; I think we'd quickly get bored with each other if you don't like it, too" and left it at that. His need to make the dubious point that all masculine men like football suggests that he 's still struggling with his sexuality and probably would be constantly fretting over how his bf's actions reflect on him and his image as a manly man. OP dodged a bullet for sure.

by Anonymousreply 106January 25, 2016 5:33 PM

I would not be interested in someone who doesn't like sports. Just my preference

by Anonymousreply 107January 26, 2016 1:35 PM

Interesting

by Anonymousreply 108January 27, 2016 2:01 PM

You turned that around quite nicely, R80,R83. V.G.

by Anonymousreply 109January 27, 2016 2:17 PM

[quote]Why does the guy have to be a "nutcase" and have "issues"? You are not what he wants. A person has every right to reject you for whatever reason.

Of course the guy has the right to reject OP (or anyone else) for any reason. I don't think anybody has suggested otherwise. But that doesn't mean that the guy's reason, in this case, wasn't nutty (it was) and indicative of issues (he's obviously got a few).

by Anonymousreply 110January 27, 2016 8:35 PM

Everyone has their list of must haves..even if they don't tell you want they are

by Anonymousreply 111January 27, 2016 8:39 PM

For many AMericans, liking football is necessary to be a normal, red-blooded masculine American man. If you don't like football, it's viewed as weird or feminine. Obviously this guy is looking for very masculine athletic guys or at least sports-loving guys. Too bad yall could not have discussed this matter before actually meeting. A lot of guys will not meet you unless you meet their masculine criteria checklist, which includes love of sports.

by Anonymousreply 112February 16, 2016 3:10 PM

r107, are you serious? That sounds pretty judgmental. I know a guy who actually played football (at a big time college program) and he wouldn't hesitate to date a guy who doesn't care about sports.

by Anonymousreply 113February 16, 2016 8:27 PM

How about during the off season?

by Anonymousreply 114April 15, 2016 8:04 PM

I dumped one last year who would never. get. off. the. stupid. cellphone. Everywhere. It's either me or your phone. Didn't choose me.

OP did dodge a bullet. So did I.

by Anonymousreply 115April 15, 2016 8:07 PM

I just talked to a guy who said he doesn't think men who don't watch football are manly. The funny thing is that all the women at the table agreed

by Anonymousreply 116May 14, 2016 3:07 PM

I think OP dodged a bullet. You should never expect your life partner to share everything you like. If football was his everything, he sounds like he's limited. I love tennis. I played it in high school and college, have gone to Wimbledon, the French Open and U.S. Open as well as other pro tournaments in the US, but I would never count someone out just because he doesn't care for tennis. I have lots of other interests. My partner and I share enough. He has some things he likes that I don't, but duh, of course he does. We have enough common interests that we never lack for conversation.

by Anonymousreply 117May 14, 2016 4:25 PM

I'm with those who think the guy just wasn't into you.

It was a great excuse with a touch of obnoxiousness thrown in(you aren't manly enough) to make sure he wouldn't hear from you again.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

by Anonymousreply 118May 14, 2016 6:17 PM

It's not rare. It's just that few guys would directly say that is the reason they are rejecting you.

by Anonymousreply 119May 14, 2016 6:21 PM

No one should be shocked

by Anonymousreply 120June 30, 2016 12:59 AM

I was dumped because I didn't smoke weed as frequently as he did. No big loss there.

I hooked up with a guy who had great potential but never called him because he mentioned he was allergic to cats and I can't even imagine a home without cats.

I stopped seeing a guy because he was rude to a waiter. Major turnoff and a glimpse to a side of him I'd never seen before and didn't care to see again.

by Anonymousreply 121June 30, 2016 1:39 AM

Dang

by Anonymousreply 122July 9, 2016 12:35 PM

I used Lysol Foaming Bathroom Cleaner to clean a counter in the kitchen. My BF at the time got so upset that he yelled at me, I thought he was going to hit me. He said you are not supposed to use bathroom cleaner in the kitchen. He stormed out, came back after about an hour, said he couldn't do "this" anymore and we broke up.

by Anonymousreply 123July 9, 2016 12:43 PM

I remember this thread the first time around. I've known and gone out with several "masculine" men with "masculine intetests" that didn't give a hoot about football, and a few that were maniacs for football. The most obnoxious were the couple of fanatical football loving guys because their home team was on a championship winning streak. They took it all very personally. Absolutely ridiculous.

A man I lived with for 5 years played pro in Canada to put himself through med school (years ago) and is still a college record holder from his playing days. He was actually a really well rounded man with a variety of interests.

Anyway, a couple of guys dumped me because I wouldn't get into their lifestyle of being a biker. Not hell's angels kind of guys or badasses, just owning, loving and palling around with their motorcycle buddies. At 40 something, I wasn't going to start tempting fate. Those break ups were pretty much mutual. Otherwise, we got on great in many ways with a lot of strong mutual attraction.

by Anonymousreply 124July 9, 2016 1:09 PM

LMAO over the bathroom cleaner incident!

by Anonymousreply 125July 9, 2016 1:38 PM

R204 here. Any questions?

by Anonymousreply 126July 9, 2016 1:45 PM

"A man I lived with for 5 years played pro in Canada to put himself through med school (years ago) and is still a college record holder from his playing days. He was actually a really well rounded man with a variety of interests."

I think I know who you are talking about

by Anonymousreply 127July 9, 2016 3:05 PM

Even most young women love football now

by Anonymousreply 128July 9, 2016 3:59 PM

I condole you R123, tile is tile!

by Anonymousreply 129July 9, 2016 4:37 PM

I was dumped for being too congenial.

by Anonymousreply 130July 9, 2016 4:44 PM

[quote]I used Lysol Foaming Bathroom Cleaner to clean a counter in the kitchen. My BF at the time got so upset that he yelled at me, I thought he was going to hit me. He said you are not supposed to use bathroom cleaner in the kitchen.

Living for this madness! How insane!

I have to say, the first time I grabbed the Scrubbing Bubbles can to attack a greasy stove, I felt like a rebel!

by Anonymousreply 131July 9, 2016 5:51 PM

"Even most young women love football now"

Most hetero women couldn't name any football players other than Brady and Manning. Watch Sports Jeopardy on crackle.com, there are hardly any female contestants.

by Anonymousreply 132July 10, 2016 12:28 AM

I feel sorry for the people who apparently hang out with workmates/family who think men not interested in football are abnormal. There's no one, straight or gay in my social circle like this; it sounds incredibly basic and suburban.

by Anonymousreply 133July 10, 2016 1:51 AM

I've been dumped by many guys because I don't do anal. Some were pretty cruel about it.

by Anonymousreply 134July 10, 2016 4:08 AM

Don't be so quick to believe this story. OP is the dudebro troll. He's also the 'Brandon is the king of porn' troll. He always posts those long, boring threads about how not to look gay at the gym and all those 'dudebro'/'buff bros'/'bros being bros' picture threads where he just copies porn from tumblr and then he bumps them all continuously and endlessly. This is just another lie constructed from on his own humiliation fantasies. He's just another aspie in his basement typing from a cum and Doritos-stained keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 135July 10, 2016 4:26 AM

Because I told this guy I didn't like always getting together late because it felt like a booty call...our sex was fuckong amazing and everything was consensual..... I don't get it

by Anonymousreply 136July 10, 2016 6:16 AM

dssfs

by Anonymousreply 137July 13, 2016 2:55 AM

Grant

by Anonymousreply 138July 13, 2016 2:56 AM

Even women who don't like football are considered weird where I live

by Anonymousreply 139August 27, 2016 3:08 PM

[quote]Don't be so quick to believe this story. OP is the dudebro troll. He's also the 'Brandon is the king of porn' troll. He always posts those long, boring threads about how not to look gay at the gym and all those 'dudebro'/'buff bros'/'bros being bros' picture threads where he just copies porn from tumblr and then he bumps them all continuously and endlessly. This is just another lie constructed from on his own humiliation fantasies. He's just another aspie in his basement typing from a cum and Doritos-stained keyboard.

Thank you, Baby Jeezus, for posters like R135. What poster is more annoying than the Dudebro Troll?

by Anonymousreply 140August 27, 2016 3:20 PM

Rejected for eating at Denny's

by Anonymousreply 141August 27, 2016 3:23 PM

I have to admit it, I'd be a bit taken aback by someone using bathroom cleaner in the kitchen ('cause that shit is caustic). Your BF sounds like my brother, R123. He would freak over that. He's an obsessive-compulsive, and like all such folks, belief systems trump facts every time. Unless the product you're using has that particular activity in its description, he'll go on about the potential consequences of such wanton behavior (exag.). He once reduced his GF to tears because she..horrors...washed her car with dish soap.

It wouldn't have ended there, R123, it would have been that, then something else, then something else again. These people drive everyone nuts with their rituals and fetishes. Seriously, though..Spic and Span, next time, maybe?

by Anonymousreply 142August 27, 2016 4:42 PM

EST

by Anonymousreply 143August 27, 2016 5:43 PM

What wrong with using bathroom cleanser in the kitchen?

by Anonymousreply 144August 27, 2016 5:46 PM

You'd use Scrubbing Bubbles or anything you'd use for the toilet in the kitchen sink on the counter top or for the stove?

Really?

R142 you're brother must be insanely hot or rich because if anyone deserved a kick in the balls it's him.

by Anonymousreply 145August 28, 2016 6:42 PM

Liking or playing Football is not just shorthand for masculinity, it also contacted being a normal red-blooded American. It is very nationalistic

by Anonymousreply 146September 16, 2016 9:20 AM

I like dudes that like football too. It's a huge part of my life

by Anonymousreply 147September 17, 2016 1:22 PM

Because I had Ebola the AIDS boy rejected me.

I mean what's a little hemorrhagic fever amongst friends?

by Anonymousreply 148September 17, 2016 4:10 PM

I would reject a guy who wanted me to watch football with him, but otherwise I couldn't care less.

by Anonymousreply 149September 17, 2016 4:24 PM

A Streisand debacle is no better than football.

You think you can laugh at it but the stink is so bad.

by Anonymousreply 150September 17, 2016 4:37 PM

I was rejected because I thought Karen Carpenter should've been cast as Sandy in "Grease."

by Anonymousreply 151September 17, 2016 4:39 PM

3 outta ten.

The OP crushed on a masculine guy who wouldn't give him the time of day. They never went on a date, and the OP just made this shit up as part fantasy and to get a bunch of sympathy from DL. The guy is gay but not into the OP at all. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 152September 17, 2016 4:45 PM

We were saying this months ago.

It's like saying I like chocolate you like vanilla I guess it won't work.

In other words I decided I wouldn't fuck you in a million years.

by Anonymousreply 153September 17, 2016 4:54 PM

Actually people should have reasons for rejecting someone. It is not normal at all to have no reason and just on an endless Grindr round of one night stands. Sex involves giving and communication; otherwise, it's just a workout and not a good one at that.

by Anonymousreply 154September 17, 2016 5:35 PM

People have a right to be picky in dating

by Anonymousreply 155May 16, 2017 6:10 PM

I agree, people have a right to be picky; I also agree that you dodged a bullet

by Anonymousreply 156May 16, 2017 6:16 PM

"masc" ESTs are so 2016. NO reason to bump this.

by Anonymousreply 157May 16, 2017 6:18 PM

Nice short story, OP.

by Anonymousreply 158May 16, 2017 6:39 PM

Hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 159May 16, 2017 7:14 PM

I'll give you a 60%. The narrator just wasn't very believable or likeable.

by Anonymousreply 160May 16, 2017 7:17 PM

hehe bro

by Anonymousreply 161May 18, 2017 11:32 AM

I met up with a guy who wanted to toss around a football. Talked him out of it and still fucked his jock ass.

by Anonymousreply 162May 18, 2017 12:27 PM

I was dating this guy for a about 6 weeks and then he dumped me because he said I was too nice. He dumped me by text too.

So that was fun.

by Anonymousreply 163May 18, 2017 12:37 PM

Sadd

by Anonymousreply 164May 18, 2017 12:42 PM

Reason: too European. Mind you, this is after five years of being together, not five weeks. I am American, but I have worked for European companies. I go to Europe at least once a year. My ex had never been to Europe before he met me. We were finally giving thought to moving in together. He handed me a list of things that I had to stop doing if we were to move in together. Short version of the list, I had to be more American. I do blame Trump for this somewhat. I am sure my ex thought all of this before, but Trump gave him permission to be a nationalistic ass.

by Anonymousreply 165May 18, 2017 12:45 PM

What was on the list R165?

by Anonymousreply 166May 18, 2017 12:50 PM

R165 is clearly insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 167May 18, 2017 2:17 PM

He meant you were too femme, R165.

by Anonymousreply 168May 18, 2017 3:48 PM

R168, Gee, after five years he finally noticed? No, that was not the reason, though I do think it odd that Americans equate European with femme. It seems anything different is either femme of gay.

R166, a lot of food and food related stuff: having soft boiled eggs for breakfast, using an egg cup to eat a soft boiled egg, having sliced meat and cheese for breakfast, healthy European bread (only supermarket bread was to be in the house), omelettes for dinner (omelettes are only for breakfast), I eat too much fish and not enough beef, I use funny mustards, I drink funny beer (Rauchbier), etc. He is a real meat an potatoes kind of guy and a light evening meal is just not part of his vocabulary, in spite of the fact that it is far more healthful than steak and potatoes two hours before bedtime.

Also, using a duvet and duvet cover, crossing my sevens, taking my shoes off and wearing slippers in the house, having fresh flowers in the house, watching soccer (and he hates American football) etc.

by Anonymousreply 169May 18, 2017 4:42 PM

I never dated him but there was this one delusional queen who used to talk to me and my friends at The Eagle beer blast every Sunday. He was a cute beefy bear type but super stuck up.

One day while we were all hanging out he turns to me and says: "You know I think you're really sexy. It's too bad you don't have a PhD though. I only hook up with men who have PhDs."

Most of our group burst out laughing and he stomped off in a tizzy.

Buh-bye, Felicia!

by Anonymousreply 170May 18, 2017 4:50 PM

HRHE

by Anonymousreply 171July 31, 2017 8:56 PM

I went to dinner with a group of my buds last night a sports bar. A gay friend with along. We watched Thursday Night Football. My gay friend kept asking basic questions about how to ask Football and said he didn't know anything about the game. Everybody looked at him like he was an alien. I was so embarrassed for him.

by Anonymousreply 172September 29, 2017 8:47 PM

Masc4Masc is not just a preference; it’s a way of life.

by Anonymousreply 173January 4, 2018 3:15 PM

Some friends, r172. I sympathize with gay men who commit suicide. I’ve come realize it’s a wise choice.

by Anonymousreply 174January 4, 2018 3:38 PM

Fuck him, OP. As everyone knows REAL men are only into Liza, Barbra and Judy!

by Anonymousreply 175January 4, 2018 3:39 PM

IN what century?

by Anonymousreply 176February 4, 2018 6:39 PM

I know the OP was written back in 2018, but he dodged a bullet. Who wants to date someone who uses the word "bros"?

by Anonymousreply 177February 4, 2018 6:44 PM

Exactly, R177. Especially men in their 30s and 40s. Men in their 50s who use “bro”—good grief.

by Anonymousreply 178February 4, 2018 6:45 PM

You couldn't watch one Sundays worth of games with him and his friends? I mean he clearly wanted you to meet his friends and share his love of football with you but you immediately say you want to go to a movie? You were rude. That's why he really didn't want to see you again

by Anonymousreply 179February 4, 2018 6:57 PM

On the bright side, OP. you escaped dying of boredom, in the company of a pansy in butch drag. Did you get far enough to be certain "he" isn't a former dyke ftm?

by Anonymousreply 180February 4, 2018 7:04 PM

R177, I sure do. Ya know, it’s the most guys (and females) born after 1990 talk. It’s the mainstream norm.

by Anonymousreply 181February 4, 2018 7:25 PM

I had a first date with a Coast Guard cadet who kept breaking Wind. Dal breaker!

by Anonymousreply 182February 4, 2018 7:27 PM

R177], I sure do. Ya know, it’s the way most guys (and females) born after 1990 talk. It’s the mainstream norm.

by Anonymousreply 183February 4, 2018 7:31 PM

But R181, you were clearly born before 1990. Much before.

by Anonymousreply 184February 4, 2018 7:32 PM

R177, what’s your damage and issue with “bros?” Most of my friends are broish, and they are pretty cool, loyal, laid back friends.

by Anonymousreply 185February 4, 2018 7:54 PM

Hmmm

by Anonymousreply 186February 4, 2018 9:34 PM

Some people’s hobbies are the center of their life

by Anonymousreply 187January 13, 2019 6:24 PM

Why would someone dredge this out of the dead threadatorium?

by Anonymousreply 188January 13, 2019 6:27 PM

A guy dumped me because he wore penny loafers and I wore steel toed Doc Martens, and therefore we were just too different. Never mind that I was wearing those Docs while he was relentlessly pursuing me.

by Anonymousreply 189January 13, 2019 6:30 PM

Penny loafers? How long ago?

by Anonymousreply 190January 13, 2019 6:34 PM

In America, liking football is often perceived as shorthand for being a normal red-blooded American, especially for men. It’s also used as a proxy for gauging how masculine or mainstream a guy is. On dating sites, guys often try to see if a prospective male interest watches football to determine if they are truly masc.

by Anonymousreply 191January 13, 2019 6:41 PM

He dumped you because you don’t fit in with his friends, you twit.

by Anonymousreply 192January 13, 2019 7:19 PM

He’s embarrassed to be Around you and fears his bros would hate you.

by Anonymousreply 193January 13, 2019 7:30 PM

Books. I guy dumped me because I read books.

by Anonymousreply 194January 13, 2019 7:32 PM

So, r191, you don't actually like football, you'd simply rather die than not be perceived as "masculine" or "mainstream"?

I have no problem with "masculine," btw. But why the fuck would anyone want to be considered "mainstream"? Did you get Cs in school on purpose?

by Anonymousreply 195January 13, 2019 8:07 PM

I think having shared interests is important in a same-sex relationship. Perhaps not so much for heteros. But I don't like sports so if my guy was a sports fan and wanted to watch sports with other sports-gays or bi-curious guys, I'd be suspicious and feel insecure.

by Anonymousreply 196January 13, 2019 8:10 PM

R194, I’ve heard guys say that reading books is “corny” or “not sexy” in a man because they only want a macho bluecollar guy. Sort of the dumb jock or dumb stud desire.

by Anonymousreply 197January 13, 2019 8:12 PM

R195, go on Jack’d and other dating sites and pose your questions.

by Anonymousreply 198January 13, 2019 8:13 PM

Gay men aren't socialized to watch football the way straight guys are. I don't object to the guy expecting you to like it, as a manly thing to do, but he should've at least offered to teach you to appreciate it. Instead of just insulting and dumping you. I hate guys who think being manly means being a insensitive douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 199January 13, 2019 8:21 PM

r198, no.

by Anonymousreply 200January 13, 2019 8:24 PM

R197, I guess I needed to be more specific. He dumped me because a read books, rather than used an E-Reader. He apparently had a thing about books.

by Anonymousreply 201January 13, 2019 8:25 PM

Oh interesting

by Anonymousreply 202January 13, 2019 8:27 PM

He offered to introduce you to his friends. You rejected them and asked to do something else. That was douchey and insensitive. You misread his relationship with his friends. Insta-dump.

by Anonymousreply 203January 13, 2019 8:27 PM

People are so picky these days

by Anonymousreply 204January 13, 2019 8:27 PM

I know a guy who said he doesn’t date guys who go to college because college makes men effeminate.

by Anonymousreply 205January 13, 2019 8:28 PM

[quote]He offered to introduce you to his friends. You rejected them and asked to do something else. That was douchey and insensitive. You misread his relationship with his friends. Insta-dump.

The OP was posted three years ago. Presumably, its author has moved on by now.

by Anonymousreply 206January 13, 2019 8:30 PM

But the story lives on.

by Anonymousreply 207January 13, 2019 8:32 PM

[quote] So, [R191], you don't actually like football, you'd simply rather die than not be perceived as "masculine" or "mainstream"?

Where did r191 indicate that anything he wrote applied to himself or represented his own views? I think he was just trying to explain why football is so important to some guys.

by Anonymousreply 208January 13, 2019 8:32 PM

[quote] But the story lives on.

Apparently it does, but I kinda doubt the OP is still hanging around waiting for advice on the situation.

by Anonymousreply 209January 13, 2019 8:34 PM

Yep, to many guys. Heck, to Americans in general.

by Anonymousreply 210January 13, 2019 8:34 PM

My brother (straight) is a football fanatic. As is my uncle and my father.

You've dodged a bullet. It's not just Sundays. Saturdays are totally taken too.

My sister and sister-in-law, not to mention my mother, all have become football fans because they have few other options if they want peace in their households.

It's so banal. (And before Europeans get snotty, especially the British, let's not forget their particular football obsession.)

by Anonymousreply 211January 13, 2019 9:06 PM

I couldn’t imagine not watching football. Anyone living with me has to deal with it

by Anonymousreply 212January 13, 2019 9:42 PM

If you want a boyfriend, a husband - better learn to embrace his interests, his hobbies, his friends and his families. Just the same as you expect him to embrace yours. Expecting it to be all about you, all the time because it’s what you’re interested in or not interested in expresses a “banal” level of self absorption.

by Anonymousreply 213January 13, 2019 10:52 PM

Out of curiosity, I ignore-dar'd OP to see if there was any sort of follow-up to this story. Looking at some of OP's other posts (R4, R26, R40, R56, R93, R107), it became obvious that this thread was just a thinly veiled promotion of football and the type of "MASC" guys who watch it (and a put-down of those who do not). Just another EST on DL, but with an agenda, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 214January 13, 2019 11:03 PM

How about being dropped for not liking hip hop? It happens.

by Anonymousreply 215January 13, 2019 11:05 PM

R190 That was in 1995

by Anonymousreply 216January 13, 2019 11:09 PM

r212 I like having it on, reminds me of growing up.

by Anonymousreply 217January 13, 2019 11:10 PM

My friends are big football fans too, so it’s the top conversation topic amongst us.

by Anonymousreply 218January 14, 2019 11:31 AM

This may be an old thread R214 but I'm pretty sure that Masc Troll is still around.

by Anonymousreply 219January 14, 2019 11:40 AM

I have had a guy tell me he was physically attacked to me but lost interest because I was “too grainy,” and he was only attracted to “dumb jocks.”

by Anonymousreply 220October 10, 2019 10:48 PM

[quote]r8 The problem with football worshipers is that it isn't only Sunday; it has now taken over other days of the week until at a minimum it's a four-day a week addiction.

I was dumped because a bf felt this way about

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221October 10, 2019 11:34 PM

Buck never would have dated someone who hated football.

by Anonymousreply 222October 10, 2019 11:49 PM

Grainy=Brainy

by Anonymousreply 223October 11, 2019 12:46 AM

[quote]r47 I always saw women as far more forgiving...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224October 11, 2019 1:18 AM

In case no one has posted this yet:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225October 11, 2019 1:37 AM

Huh? Some of all reference the most obscure and antiquated stuff

by Anonymousreply 226October 11, 2019 1:46 AM

English, please?

by Anonymousreply 227October 11, 2019 2:10 AM

Some of y’all

by Anonymousreply 228October 11, 2019 2:20 AM

[quote]r104 Many people (myself included) consider all the hype over the Oscars way over blown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229October 11, 2019 3:46 AM

I once had a guy tell me he found me very attractive, but we couldn't go out because he didn't date Latinos. I started to explain to him that I'm Caucasian and had just spent the whole summer at a friend's swimming pool, but then asked myself if I was really interested in correcting the mistaken assumption in order to date a racist moron. Spoiler alert: I was not.

by Anonymousreply 230October 11, 2019 4:47 AM

A guy called me to say he couldn't meet me for dinner because he wanted to play Scrabble with his friends instead. How many points for "ASSHOLE"?

by Anonymousreply 231October 11, 2019 4:58 AM

OP, it sucks when there's a great physical match, but the guy's a weirdo.

You dodged a bullet.

I'm dodging bullets all the way to the grave, myself.

But I'd rather be along with my stuff than with someone who isn't happy with me or doesn't like me.

by Anonymousreply 232October 11, 2019 5:00 AM

True

by Anonymousreply 233October 11, 2019 3:51 PM

I get it.

You have no interest in his passion..

Of course he is not into you.

by Anonymousreply 234October 11, 2019 4:50 PM

I've never been dumped. I've always been the one who dumped them.

Probably the most surprising thing I dumped someone over was his CD collection. He had horrible taste in music.

by Anonymousreply 235October 11, 2019 5:05 PM

Any guy who doesn’t lie football should turn in their Man Card.

by Anonymousreply 236February 3, 2020 9:46 AM

I got retired by a number of fuck buddies for turning 50. And half of them were over 50!

by Anonymousreply 237February 3, 2020 9:52 AM

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 238February 4, 2020 11:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!