Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tom Hardy Slammed For His Unprofessional, Rude & Arrogant Atittude

According to a movie critic Drew McWeeny, Tom Hardy was a total mess during the Revenant press junket. His tweets in quotes are posted below:

"I'll say it: Tom Hardy should stop doing junkets. He's terrible at them, and he makes it impossible for anyone to do their jobs. Fuck him."

"Tom Hardy could be set to play me in a movie, and I still wouldn't interview him about it. Besides, his answers would all be, "Ghbbbbygy."

"I've seen Tom Hardy make publicists cry. He chose to take a nap during my scheduled time in Toronto. Today's REVENANT junket was a joke."

"I get it, dude. Being a movie star is a burden. Thanks for making my job impossible because you're such a delicate fucking flower." "No one HAS to do press or give interviews. But if you're going to, don't be a piece of shit about it. Thanks."

"He's got nothing I want. And he did this to me twice this year. Fuck that guy. It's not just me, either. He does this on-set. He does this all the time. I like some of his work. I don't care for him. And, yeah, I considered not saying anything. But my time is worth something, and Tom Hardy is just an actor. No more tip-toeing."

"Punchy is one thing. Forcing people to wait four hours past their time and then not doing the interview? You know who was lovely today? Domnhall Gleeson. You know who else was? Will Poulter."

Any more tea on Tom Hardy being a POS? Maybe his recent marriage or closeting/past drug issues finally resurfaced?

by Anonymousreply 145January 11, 2016 8:24 PM

looked mighty hot, though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 18, 2015 4:31 PM

I just don't get his "hotness"

by Anonymousreply 2December 18, 2015 4:41 PM

I really don't either R2.

by Anonymousreply 3December 18, 2015 4:43 PM

R2 He looked hot in the Warrior and The Inception.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 18, 2015 4:44 PM

1 cutting clever Tweet would have made the case far better than all that. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 5December 18, 2015 4:45 PM

He's overplaying his hand. If he hates the big time that much, no problem, he'll be dropped to C List by the industry and can sulk it up there.

by Anonymousreply 6December 18, 2015 4:47 PM

R1 Leonardo head is HUGE wtf.

by Anonymousreply 7December 18, 2015 4:50 PM

R7 Leo's head has morphed into one giant ball. No cheekbones, no jaw, nothing manly at all. If he didn't have a beard, he'd look like an old dyke.

by Anonymousreply 8December 18, 2015 4:53 PM

R5--I disagree, sometimes you just need to spew. He would not have made an impact if he'd been coy.

Assholes need to be called out. I think this took guts.

by Anonymousreply 9December 18, 2015 4:53 PM

He can look nice when he cleans up, but usually he looks like a total bogan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 18, 2015 4:58 PM

A total what-what?

by Anonymousreply 11December 18, 2015 5:02 PM

I think he looks hot in the pic R10 posted but I'm usually not attracted to men who do not have any facial hair at all.

by Anonymousreply 12December 18, 2015 5:03 PM

R11 bogan = hobo

by Anonymousreply 13December 18, 2015 5:04 PM

Bogan - redneck, white-trash Aussie...

by Anonymousreply 14December 18, 2015 5:04 PM

he's going through his "I'm not a pretty boy" rebellious phase

by Anonymousreply 15December 18, 2015 5:07 PM

His hotness peaked in Inception. He was sexy, cheeky, charming, suave, and most importantly, gay, especially when bossing around the quintessential power bottom, Arthur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 18, 2015 5:07 PM

R16 If Nolan was not chicken-shit and this movie was R Rated, we would have gotten this gem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 18, 2015 5:08 PM

Drew McWEENY?

by Anonymousreply 18December 18, 2015 5:10 PM

I think it was good the reporter gave multiple specific examples. If he'd done one clever but vague tweet people would think he was a jealous bitch using snark for attention.

I reading somewhere that how Hardy handled press was holding him back from A list American stardom. The article said it was because he wasn't comfortable promoting himself the way Americans do. It made it sound like a cultural thing and gave him an air of class. He comes of as just rude in those tweets.

by Anonymousreply 19December 18, 2015 5:12 PM

Who cares about this unattractive asshole? Ignore.

by Anonymousreply 20December 18, 2015 5:12 PM

R20 He's many words but not unattractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 18, 2015 5:15 PM

I want to fuck Tom Hardy until he cries like a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 22December 18, 2015 5:20 PM

I want to drink beer and play piss games with him including pissing many times into his open purdy mouth.

by Anonymousreply 23December 18, 2015 5:21 PM

R1's photo of him and DeCaprio at the REVENANT premiere - could these two look more unhappy to be posing together?

by Anonymousreply 24December 18, 2015 5:47 PM

Oh it's all so beneath them, R24. You have to understand how painful it is for a couple of sensitive intellectuals like Leonardo and Tom to tear themselves away from playing Chopin or rereading the complete oeuvre of Balzac to grace the hoi-polloi with their presence 'at these vulgar events.

by Anonymousreply 25December 18, 2015 5:52 PM

I think Inception was the peak of both he and JGL's hotness. And they both have become arrogant assholes since.

Interesting thing about Eames: Nolan thought of Hardy after seeing him in Rock n Rolla, where Hardy plays a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 26December 18, 2015 5:54 PM

Leonardo Dicaprio is just one big ball of bloat. He needs to be poked with a pin to deflate like a water balloon.

by Anonymousreply 27December 18, 2015 6:13 PM

Hardy's yet to carry a hit or to register with the general public. Like Alex Pettyfer, he's acting like an arrogant star before he genuinely is one.

by Anonymousreply 28December 18, 2015 6:18 PM

I can't believe it took until r18!

by Anonymousreply 29December 18, 2015 6:34 PM

Is he really arrogant, or he just feels uncomfortable with interviews? An actor offers his soul in a role. It's like revealing a secret if you answer questions about it. I guess Tom Hardy needs the distance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 18, 2015 6:47 PM

He is generically nice looking. Which means not hot and you can't distinguish him from any other generically nice looking guy. I can't pick him out in a crowd. Nothing really memorable about the way he looks.

by Anonymousreply 31December 18, 2015 6:58 PM

What would really happen with R31: He actually does recognize Tom Hardy in a crowd and immediately latches on to him. He ends up begging him to fuck him like the little lonely whore that he is and for some reason Hardy agrees. He then comes back to DL to endlessly brag about it. Nobody believes him. The end.

by Anonymousreply 32December 18, 2015 7:04 PM

I didn't get that from it, r25 -- more like Leo looked like he didn't want to touch Hardy.

And the current trend of photographing celebs just slightly from above to make their heads look bigger is NOT Leo's friend.

by Anonymousreply 33December 18, 2015 7:12 PM

Do anyone think Tom Hardy and JGL had an affair when filming Inception? They were so touchy-freely and warm with each other during the promotion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 18, 2015 7:19 PM

He's an asshole. Explains why he's been overlooked this entire awards season even though he appeared in some of the best-reviewed films.

by Anonymousreply 35December 18, 2015 7:22 PM

Get a load of R34's picture. Insufferable squared.

by Anonymousreply 36December 18, 2015 7:41 PM

R34 - Well, pouty-lipped blondes appear to be JGL's type with men.

R36 - Lol right?

by Anonymousreply 37December 18, 2015 7:50 PM

*blonds I should say.

by Anonymousreply 38December 18, 2015 7:50 PM

[quote]An actor offers his soul in a role.

Oh please. He's doing big-budget Hollywood movies, not Shakespeare - the promotional campaign comes with the territory (as does the gargantuan salary). And even Shakespearean actors know how to be professionals off the stage.

by Anonymousreply 39December 18, 2015 7:54 PM

R39 - This. I get being frustrated by having to do press, it looks like my idea of hell to be honest. But part of being an actor is this shit. And pissing off the press is just not smart - they can and will make your life very, very difficult.

I don't think actors should kiss their asses either, but make the effort to be polite and professional. Hardy seems unable to do this.

by Anonymousreply 40December 18, 2015 7:58 PM

R39, i recommend you see Tom Hardy in the TV Mini- Series 'The Virgin Queen'. You won't regret it.

The soundtrack is also amazing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 18, 2015 8:00 PM

*i recommend you to see

by Anonymousreply 42December 18, 2015 8:02 PM

Tom Hardy and the director McG. These photos are why he is the way he is today. He chose the closet for a shot at bigger stardom. Neither are working out for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 18, 2015 8:04 PM

R43 - Whoa, what? I've never seen those before.

McG always struck me as a straight douchebro.

by Anonymousreply 44December 18, 2015 8:05 PM

Is douchebro the same as dudebro?

by Anonymousreply 45December 18, 2015 8:07 PM

R45 - Yes.

by Anonymousreply 46December 18, 2015 8:08 PM

I wish i could slam my cock into his eager and willing hole tbh

by Anonymousreply 47December 18, 2015 8:15 PM

I'm going to need someone to tell me more about the pics @ r43.

by Anonymousreply 48December 18, 2015 8:34 PM

McG was with Bridget Moynihan for years. I know that means nothing, but after her Brady business why would she go the beard route?

by Anonymousreply 49December 18, 2015 8:48 PM

On my local news here in LA, they showed a little bit of the anchor's time at the junket with Leo and Tom. Leo was dull but professional. He was toeing the line in terms of selling the movie (tough location, tough conditions, but great visionary director, etc.) and Tom just came off like a smart ass. It didn't bother me, but I can see how people would get annoyed at him. The real offense here is that Tom looked like he hadn't showered in weeks. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 50December 18, 2015 8:49 PM

I love Tom Hardy as an actor -- his Best Actor win for "Locke" from the LA Film Critics last year was the best selection during that entire awards season, he was absolutely phenomenal in the film -- and, yes, I find him sexually appealing (love those cocksucking lips, and knowing that they have wrapped themselves around cocks in the past is a joy to think of), but he really needs to drop the attitude. He should realize that you can be immensely talented and be a nice person, too.

by Anonymousreply 51December 18, 2015 9:04 PM

Hardy is not a star. LEGEND died a quick death at the boxoffice so I can't imagine his toplining too many films. I do think he is talented and did fine work in INCEPTION and especially LOCKE.

by Anonymousreply 52December 18, 2015 9:07 PM

R51 - My thoughts exactly.

by Anonymousreply 53December 18, 2015 9:07 PM

R30, I would say that the way to tell the difference between someone who is uncomfortable with interviews and someone who is a straight-up asshole, is to look at the degree of professionalism they display. A person who's uncomfortable with interviews would understand that even though he hates it it's part of his job, and can't be avoided if he wants to hit the big time, while a total asshole would go out of his way to make everyone around him even more unhappy than he is, regardless of the cost to his career.

Sadly, it seems like Tom Hardy is not only a total asshole, he's too dumb to understand what someone with his level of success can and cannot get away with. Which is a pity, as he really is a lovely sexy screen presence, but if nobody is willing to work with him then we won't see much of him from now on.

by Anonymousreply 54December 18, 2015 10:17 PM

Gleeson looks so damn fuckable in the new Star Wars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 18, 2015 10:28 PM

He probably suffers from undiagnosed PTSD.

by Anonymousreply 56December 18, 2015 10:53 PM

R56 He is a recovering alcoholic/drug addict. I think he has rage issues. Didn't he choke the director of his last movie?

by Anonymousreply 57December 18, 2015 11:08 PM

Bronson --- Magnetic and brutal in that film, also a good ear for comedy. See the film if you haven't.

by Anonymousreply 58December 18, 2015 11:33 PM

[quote]Is douchebro the same as dudebro?

Yes, but with extra backward baseball cap, flip flops and Apple watch.

by Anonymousreply 59December 18, 2015 11:42 PM

a dudebro will buy you a drink. douchebro -- nope.

by Anonymousreply 60December 18, 2015 11:55 PM

"Legend" was a great film, and Tom Hardy should be nominated for his acting.

by Anonymousreply 61December 18, 2015 11:55 PM

I wish people would stop making excuses or excusing asshole behavior because they like someone's acting or want to fucked them. He did this same shit at TIFF. It is not as if he did not know he had to do publicity. And not that it should matter, but he has yet to open any movie. You're an actor. Fake it or at least be cordial/civil. He was not essential at all in Mad Max, and Leo and the director are getting the praise for this new movie. Everyone is replaceable.

by Anonymousreply 62December 19, 2015 12:40 AM

He's a douche for being unprofessional.

But why do we have press junkets? Do we really need 100 different "journalists" asking the same 3 questions to every actor in every movie released? What a waste of time. Get 3 people to do real interviews, not every idiot from an entertainment blog seeking click-bait headlines.

by Anonymousreply 63December 19, 2015 2:51 AM

I decided 2 years ago to just like Logan Marshall-Green instead. Easy peasy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 19, 2015 2:57 AM

Tom and McG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 19, 2015 2:59 AM

I guess he's going through his "tortured brilliance" phase. I applaud McWeeny for trashing him. This actors, especially when working on big budget films, has everyone doing everything for them except for piss and speak. I can understand it being drudgery having to answer the same questions repeatedly but the junket is for a limited time. Hardy should be happy that he's getting work and not still doing crack.

by Anonymousreply 66December 19, 2015 3:04 AM

[quote]I just don't get his "hotness"

I don't either. He reminds me of Sloth from The Goonies with those ears.

by Anonymousreply 67December 19, 2015 3:29 AM

You just know he took it up the ass back when he was doing coke non-stop.

In the immortal words of Foxy Brown: "Chyna White. Guaranteed to have your ass open first night."

by Anonymousreply 68December 19, 2015 4:03 AM

Photo from the infamous event McWeeny spoke about. You can see those two actors he mentioned being nice and Tom looking like his usual moody self:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 19, 2015 4:12 AM

He can look so manly and hot when styled. Why does he insist on looking like a het dudebro is beyond me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70December 19, 2015 4:15 AM

FIERCE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 19, 2015 4:18 AM

The mad thing is that in print articles he seems extremely verbose. The two Esquire profiles on him were filled with him exposing his tiring self-doubt and streams of consciousness that he probably thinks is profound but it just makes him seem unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 72December 19, 2015 4:23 AM

He sounds like he's mentally ill. Maybe bipolar or some level of personality disorder. I vaguely remember him saying himself he's mentally unstable in an interview. All the drugs he's taken over the years have possibly made it worse.

by Anonymousreply 73December 19, 2015 4:26 AM

From an old interview.

[quote]..I found alcohol and drugs, which twisted and expanded my skillset in a way that let in a lot of worse choices. I ended up physically and mentally corrupted at an early age and then I was very fortunate to be able to claw it back.” That tough process began after Hardy had a breakdown and ended up in hospital.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 19, 2015 4:54 AM

It used to be the trend for up and coming Brit and Aussie actors to be raging drunks always getting into pub fights like Burton and Crowe. Makes them look like tormented artists they think. Not trendy anymore.

by Anonymousreply 75December 19, 2015 5:18 AM

He is surprisingly nice and tender with his fans. Maybe he has just a grudge towards journalists.

by Anonymousreply 76December 19, 2015 4:42 PM

Mr. Hardy needs to realize that doing publicity and talking to journalists is part of his job. It's as important as the work itself.

by Anonymousreply 77December 19, 2015 4:46 PM

The closet is killing him.

by Anonymousreply 78December 19, 2015 5:08 PM

[quote]The closet is killing him.

I tried to console him in every way I could during those cold nights when we were filming up in Alaska. Bitch never called after we got back to LA, though.

by Anonymousreply 79December 19, 2015 5:11 PM

If you go back to The Virgin Queen (BBC TV drama about Elizabeth I), he looks like that combination of beautiful and dangerous that the movies can't get enough of (cf. Marlon Brando). But the heavily inked torso and the wayward personality are both off-putting. It's as though he hates being an actor and wants to destroy his career.

He'll never be unemployable, I think, but he'll get passed over for all the interesting parts.

by Anonymousreply 80December 19, 2015 5:32 PM

He loves acting just the publicity push that goes along with it. He should just return to theatre where he doesn't have to do the PR game as much but he'd never give up the money he's making.

by Anonymousreply 81December 19, 2015 6:20 PM

No one gets between me and MY man....

by Anonymousreply 82December 19, 2015 7:14 PM

I hate these actors that make millions and then bitch and complain about doing interviews and act like they can't be bothered.

by Anonymousreply 83December 19, 2015 7:24 PM

[quote]No one gets between me and MY man....

No worries there. Leo suggested Hardy for "The Revenant" and it was a grueling shoot. Lukas is a glorified extra in the film. Leo wasn't going to let his man work hard.

by Anonymousreply 84December 19, 2015 11:34 PM

I don't think Tom Hardy cares what others think about him. He only cares what John thinks of him.

by Anonymousreply 85December 19, 2015 11:41 PM

Is John his partner?

by Anonymousreply 86December 19, 2015 11:50 PM

R86 John is a DL poster who is obsessed with Tom Hardy.

by Anonymousreply 87December 19, 2015 11:52 PM

Never got Leo, even at height of Titanic - he always looked bloated and not masculine

by Anonymousreply 88December 20, 2015 12:11 AM

Lol, R67. I never noticed that until now.

by Anonymousreply 89December 20, 2015 1:03 AM

His PR team has saddled him with "Rebel Without a Clue." It can work - if the actor is really good.

by Anonymousreply 90December 20, 2015 3:04 AM

I want his lips around my... well anything.

by Anonymousreply 91December 20, 2015 3:43 AM

I want Tom to fuck me silly. Spit on me and call me a filthy cunt. But even I think he's an asshole for essentially not doing his job.

by Anonymousreply 92December 20, 2015 5:16 AM

Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender are two guys I would love to be roughed up by. I'm not normally into it, but I could totally do rape role-play with those two hot dirty messes.

by Anonymousreply 93December 20, 2015 6:31 PM

Hardy and Fassbender went to drama school together. I bet he wanted Fassbender to whip him with his big dick.

by Anonymousreply 94December 21, 2015 3:54 PM

[R57] those are both PTSD symptoms - would explain a lot, really. Hope Hardy survives...doubtful now that he's in hollyhell The disease of our time, and our culture...down through generations of wars

by Anonymousreply 95December 21, 2015 4:23 PM

[quote] He probably suffers from undiagnosed PTSD.

From what? Is he former military. I dont get this guy at all. He is like the platinum standard of super-douche, egotistical yet hardly-known Hollywood actors. He's what Shia LeBouf will be in 10 years if Shia doesn't get his act together

by Anonymousreply 96December 21, 2015 7:55 PM

[quote] He's a douche for being unprofessional . But why do we have press junkets? Do we really need 100 different "journalists" asking the same 3 questions to every actor in every movie released? What a waste of time. Get 3 people to do real interviews, not every idiot from an entertainment blog seeking click-bait headlines

Why do they have junkets? To convince the writers to write nice reviews about what are mostly shitty movies. And it's a part of his job. He shouldn't take these roles if he doesn't want to do the press. This is nothing new. He's getting paid a fortune for this (more than most people will earn in 3 to 4 lifetimes). I almost guarantee he's back to drinking and drugging. And he's probably cheated on his wife recently. She just had a baby a few months ago. In the general scheme of things, he's a piece of shit and the world would be a better place without him. He seems to be the only person that doesn't realize it. He thinks the sun rises and sets on him

by Anonymousreply 97December 22, 2015 12:48 AM

Isn't he from a posh background? But tries to act "street", calls everyone "Mate" - what a poser!

by Anonymousreply 98December 22, 2015 2:35 AM

A lot of actors get into trouble on press tours, but this seems to be a lot more than that. Hardy's colleagues seem to think he is a dick and this Journo seems to have been around awhile and be liked and respected. Ok, the journo's colleagues probably think he was stupid for blurting this out, but it seems he was tired and stressed in the run up to Christmas and I think he will get a pass; it isn't as though his colleagues don't know the truth and maybe Charlize Theron will hire him as her press agent if he gets fired.

by Anonymousreply 99December 22, 2015 1:20 PM

You can get PTSD from all kinds of things: child abuse, sex abuse, witnessing domestic violence, childhood neglect, etc etc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 22, 2015 2:29 PM

Tom has said in a Details article , "I used to have a lot of hang-ups—legitimate hang-ups—about my parents. ... A lot of stuff I had to forgive." so that hints at something. But I also know that not everyone who has had fraught relationships with their parents become assholes or drug addicts. Maybe he's just an entitled jerk.

by Anonymousreply 101December 22, 2015 3:14 PM

I don't blame him for not enjoying having to pimp himself out to the infotainment industry. He's an actor, not a reality star. Interviews and red carpets and Comicon appearances are lazy forms of publicity and I think they backfire because they only cater to obsessive fans--the rest of the public gets sick of seeing them.

by Anonymousreply 102December 22, 2015 3:39 PM

[quote]I dont get this guy at all. He is like the platinum standard of super-douche, egotistical yet hardly-known Hollywood actors. He's what Shia LeBouf will be in 10 years if Shia doesn't get his act together

LaBoeuf has practically destroyed his career in Hollywood already. I've no idea why you'd think Hardy is in worse position than Shia.

[quote]I don't blame him for not enjoying having to pimp himself out to the infotainment industry. He's an actor, not a reality star. Interviews and red carpets and Comicon appearances are lazy forms of publicity and I think they backfire because they only cater to obsessive fans--the rest of the public gets sick of seeing them.

Meeting press is part of the job for the stars. It's all PR for the film, and obviously smart for the actors as well to keep the journos happy. It's a cunt move to make bunch of professionals wait for you for hours and then still end up blowing some of them off. I've actually liked Hardy a lot and didn't want to believe the stories about him being a complete pain in the ass during the filming of Mad Max. It's unfortunately getting obvious the stories were true. I hope Hardy takes a long look at his behavior and makes changes if he can. I doubt he's a complete cunt as person but if he's mentally ill the change might be impossible.

by Anonymousreply 103December 22, 2015 4:16 PM

[quote] LaBoeuf has practically destroyed his career in Hollywood already. I've no idea why you'd think Hardy is in worse position than Shia.

Shia is young enough to turn it around. Surprisingly there is a lot of goodwill towards him in the industry. And his directors and co-stars think he's talented, if somewhat off-the-rails. Hollywood loves a comeback. Hardy was never on a superstar trajectory like Shia, so in that sense I agree that there's scarce basis for comparison.

by Anonymousreply 104December 22, 2015 5:23 PM

Hardy probably took one look at Drew McWeeny, who is an obese, lank-haired comic book guy type, and said, "I don't need to talk to this loser."

by Anonymousreply 105December 22, 2015 6:28 PM

R104, I'm sorry but bringing up LaBoeuf as some kind of better alternative to Hardy tells that you must be a Shia LaBoeuf fan who's trying her hardest to make LaBoeuf look good. I have a feeling I'm not alone thinking that LaBoeuf is on the verge of becoming a new Lindsay Lohan. People know him mostly from his violent outbursts and art projects nowadays. Art projects = ok, crazy and violent behavior = not ok for the public, or Hollywood. And I say this as someone who liked LaBoeuf in Transformers a lot. He seems to be throwing his Hollywood career away. At least Hardy seems to have hunger for good roles even if he is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 106December 22, 2015 6:40 PM

I guess he is kind of boring, and probably less or maybe much less troubled than Shia Laboeuf, which is one reason why he will not become a big star, but most big stars were and are American, hardly any have been foreigners, even less so in recent times; bisexual men, probably especially gay-bis, are often angry, restless, stressed and lonely though. European actors aren't good with the star thing.

by Anonymousreply 107December 22, 2015 6:50 PM

I think it was author Camille Paglia who described Leo Di Caprio as resembling a 13 year old lesbian. Can't say I disagree.

by Anonymousreply 108December 22, 2015 7:58 PM

His reputation won't hurt his career because he is talented. His rep was known prior to Inception yet Chris Nolan hired him for that and The Dark Knight. Asshole or not he is a good actor. Being an untalented asshole gets you few opportunities.

Plus, he isn't chasing Hollywood stardom, just quality work. He doesn't have to do TV yet he returned to film season 3 of Peaky Blinders and he's filming Taboo a series for the BBC.

by Anonymousreply 109December 22, 2015 9:03 PM

"I think it was author Camille Paglia who described Leo Di Caprio as resembling a 13 year old lesbian."

For once she has a point. He has no sex appeal at all. To this day I can't believe anyone would cast him as Howard Hughes, much less give him an Oscar nomination for that off-base performance. Tommy Lee Jones was at his hottest when he played Hughes in a TV film, and makes DiCaprio's performance all the more laughable.

by Anonymousreply 110December 22, 2015 10:10 PM

Hardy is a B-lister trying to climb onto the A-list, but he seems to think he can get away with behaving like an A-list dick like Bruce Willis. Sure, Willis got away with being a massive asshole for years, but during those years he was such a money-spinner that if he'd had human-flesh lunches put into his contract, the suits would have roasted their own children and served them up.

Hardy is a talent, but not a box-office draw, and while box-office draws are rare to extinct, talented actors are common enough that he can always be replaced by someone who'll behave himself. He doesn't even have the excuse of youth, which seems to have gained LaBeouf some goodwill.

by Anonymousreply 111December 22, 2015 11:32 PM

Tom Hardy could be replace by Logan Marshall Green and no one would even notice.

by Anonymousreply 112December 22, 2015 11:52 PM

Tom responded to the critic! Here is his letter:

'Thankyou for your email offering to retract your misdirected anger. I apologise for any part of you having to wait for an interview and then not get one. The truth is we (as I was paired for all interviews that day) were unaware that ANYBODY was waiting. Or even went without a TV interview. Someone somewhere must have thought putting it on me was a lot easier than losing their journalist relations for the ongoing junkets and multiple movies that are pending. I wish I would have napped to be honest. One note to make is that per Fox, they said they “never actually told (you) that the interview was cancelled, simply that they were running behind schedule.” They also said that “Drew chose not to wait and left. Had he stayed, he would have gotten his interview as planned.” Fuck.. Plot thickens … Who knows what to trust my friend, but I do know the cancellation was definitely not made by myself. Resisting the urge to dare you to say what you “rant tweeted” so publicly, to my face next time we meet, which I doubt you have the balls to do; I want to apologise regardless on behalf of those that misled the both of us. That isn’t cool. At all. Neither were your tweets. But that’s by the by.

I appreciate your apology of sorts in your emails to and fro which I am happy to openly post. Also as I hope you understand now and which you’ve made very clear in our emails back and forth, your legitimate frustration lies with those who organised the junket; who fed you and I misinformation; not me.

Again apologies for the clusterfk. And it’s knock on effect to your personal life. I appreciate it is a busy time of year for you and your time shouldn’t have been wasted. I never had any intention of causing you any inconveniences at all.

Best regards and thanks for calling me an asshole a lot Tommy xxx '

by Anonymousreply 113December 23, 2015 4:18 AM

I cant be the only one who wants to give Hardy a good rimming.

by Anonymousreply 114December 23, 2015 4:28 AM

Lol, R113. That last part was funny.

by Anonymousreply 115December 23, 2015 4:28 AM

I Googled "Thankyou for your email offering to retract your misdirected anger" and didn't find it on anything but fan sites.

by Anonymousreply 116December 23, 2015 5:13 AM

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks Tom Hardy is fucking fugly as hell?

The body may be hot, but that face is beyond busted, imo.

by Anonymousreply 117December 23, 2015 5:16 AM

Hardy doesn't have any social media accounts so he gives content to the moderator of a fan site Tom Hardy.org.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 23, 2015 5:18 AM

R116 This is the source.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119December 23, 2015 5:18 AM

R114 nope

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 23, 2015 5:38 AM

Ugh. He's one of those pretend chavs who comes from money and connections (Guy Ritchie is another one). Complete phoney.

by Anonymousreply 121December 23, 2015 7:20 AM

"Tom has said in a Details article , "I used to have a lot of hang-ups—legitimate hang-ups—about my parents. ... A lot of stuff I had to forgive." so that hints at something. But I also know that not everyone who has had fraught relationships with their parents become assholes or drug addicts. Maybe he's just an entitled jerk."

Yep! he went to fee paying school. They probably didn't give him enough tuck money.

by Anonymousreply 122December 23, 2015 10:10 AM

R121 - I remember a while back Richie was called a liar when he said he was expelled from school when they found his drug stash. That one I can confirm, since I once had a chat with the lovely gentleman who was his housemaster at the time. It doesn't make him any less posh though.

by Anonymousreply 123December 23, 2015 10:15 AM

I don't blame the guy for publicly calling out Hardy. I wish it would happen more often because you know Hardy's not the only celebrity acting like that.

by Anonymousreply 124December 23, 2015 10:40 AM

So not much of an apology there then.

by Anonymousreply 125December 23, 2015 5:04 PM

Someone pointed out elsewhere that Tom and Leo were doing joint interviews (as Tom mentions in the letter) yet McWeeny didn't call out Leo. He's not stupid. I wish McWeeny hadn't apologized to him especially considering Hardy's response.

by Anonymousreply 126December 23, 2015 6:15 PM

I wish he hadn't either. That response from Hardy was a master class in passive-aggressive.

It's interesting that people agree the last film Hardy behaved himself on was The Dark Knight Rises. Also the last film he worked on with his old trainer, P-nut. I think that guy kept him in line and was actually bold enough to say no. And of course Hardy got rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 127December 23, 2015 6:19 PM

I guess he had to make a show of some sort of apology, but how many sites are picking it up? The damage is done and Hardy deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 128December 23, 2015 6:45 PM

I don't care how much of an asshole Tom Hardy is, I still want to have dirty pig sex with him.

by Anonymousreply 129December 24, 2015 1:42 AM

How crazy do you think Hardy will get before Hollywood says enough?

by Anonymousreply 130December 24, 2015 1:45 AM

Coke Chick, a Hollywood insider who just had a gossip thread of her own, said this about Hardy:

"Tom Hardy definitely goes both ways. I know of a 4 way he was involved in where he bottomed at one point. Or maybe he's just into ass play."

Of course Hardy's been open about his bisexuality before until he got back into the closet so it's not really news but good to hear anyway.

by Anonymousreply 131December 24, 2015 1:58 AM

is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 132December 24, 2015 2:04 AM

R132, he's on his second het marriage and has two kids. I'd say he's bi. Not sure he wants to identify as one nowadays in public, though.

by Anonymousreply 133December 24, 2015 1:48 PM

McWeeny's saying Tom never e-mailed him. So either Tom is a liar or that fansite pulled this out of their ass.

I'm sorry, but coke chick was full of shit. I didn't say so on the thread because why spoil everyone's fun? But she was. Still, I absolutely believe Tom is bi and it wasn't just some fooling around he did as a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 134December 24, 2015 4:14 PM

[quote]I'm sorry, but coke chick was full of shit. I didn't say so on the thread because why spoil everyone's fun? But she was.

There were plenty of people bitching about her already. The thing is how would you know she's full of shit? She might very well be but no one here is verified so it's all just anonymous gossip. At least her thread was good fun.

by Anonymousreply 135December 24, 2015 11:13 PM

[quote]Still, I absolutely believe Tom is bi and it wasn't just some fooling around he did as a teenager.

He went on crack binge while in L.A to meet with John Woo about a role in Bulletproof Monk (which was released in 2003) and woke up in bed with a naked man. This wasn't just teenage action.

by Anonymousreply 136December 25, 2015 12:36 AM

R136, Hardy seems like a guy who's been bi from the start. I seriously doubt he needs crack to be able to have a cock in his mouth or butt. Anything's of course possible but when I think of a guy like Hardy as a horny young man in a bloody drama school I don't see a person who's withholding his natural urges and only lets them out later in his life while high. I've always thought he was trying to come out as a bi in that interview but the industry wouldn't let him.

by Anonymousreply 137December 25, 2015 1:44 AM

[quote] I'm sorry but bringing up LaBoeuf as some kind of better alternative to Hardy tells that you must be a Shia LaBoeuf fan who's trying her hardest to make LaBoeuf look good.

I'm a man, not a 'her.' I think LeBouf and Hardy are talented actors. And I think they're the same 'type' of actor and appear to share personality traits. Hardy probably self-destructed and partially reassembled himself before he was well-known as an actor. Unfortunately, LeBouf was a child star so it's happening in public and fueled by his celebrity. I hope that LeBouf can get himself together. I don't think Hardy's reputation can be rehabilitated at this point. He will always be a fine actor but his viability as a star has peaked.

by Anonymousreply 138December 25, 2015 5:12 AM

The Thirst is Real.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 25, 2015 5:38 AM

[quote] I don't blame him for not enjoying having to pimp himself out to the infotainment industry. He's an actor, not a reality star. Interviews and red carpets and Comicon appearances are lazy forms of publicity and I think they backfire because they only cater to obsessive fans--the rest of the public gets sick of seeing them.

AGAIN, it's part of the job. And if he doesn't like it he can always go down to the local community theater and act all he wants. But NO. He wants to earn millions of dollars for each of his roles. These types of interviews are a part of that. It's tough shit for him if he doesn't like it. He may also want to try dinner theater roles that pay a few hundred dollars a week. No junkets included. Tom would do well to read a little bit about Wes Bentley. He's going down that same road

by Anonymousreply 140December 26, 2015 8:29 AM

Tom in his element - surrounded by men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141January 10, 2016 9:03 PM

R140 ' Tom would do well to read a little bit about Wes Bentley. He's going down that same road'

I'll be waiting.

by Anonymousreply 142January 10, 2016 9:36 PM

Lol at r142 -- that should straighten him out.

by Anonymousreply 143January 10, 2016 11:58 PM

Tom has already been down that road though. It really killed him. So there's really no excuse for fucking up what is already his second chance here.

by Anonymousreply 144January 11, 2016 8:23 PM

*nearly, even.

by Anonymousreply 145January 11, 2016 8:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!