Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why hasn't Liza ever released a Christmas album?

Bette and Barbra have!

by Anonymousreply 17December 13, 2018 3:11 PM

Liza sings ALL your favorite Christmas classics, including "Cabaret," "What Did I Have That I Don't Have" and "Sara Lee!"

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2015 3:59 PM

Why would two Jewish women issue a Christmas album$

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2015 4:07 PM

We've just been fortunate to have dodged that bullet, I guess. Whatever could she sing on a Christmas album anyway? Let it Shnow? Shilver Bellsh? I Shaw Mommy Kisshing Shanta Claush? (only if Shanta were gay, of course)

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2015 4:09 PM

Better than the Jews like Streisand who have no business making an X-mas album who do it.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2015 4:13 PM

She sets out to record a Christmas album every August. But by the time she gets all the words to The Twelve Days of Christmas straight, it's January and the market for that sort of thing has cooled.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2015 4:13 PM

What about Shilver Bellsh, a DL favorite?

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2015 4:15 PM

I Fell Out of a Christmas Tree, by Liza Minelli

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2015 4:44 PM

Has Liza had a decent album since Results? Which was released sometime during the Weimar Republic of the 20th Century, I think. Right?

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2015 4:56 PM

I'm not sure why she's never recorded one, but she's done tons of Christmas songs in her live shows. Somebody made a bootleg album years ago of such songs of hers; it's probably the closest we'll ever get to a real one.

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2015 6:09 AM

R8 - your post made me genuinely L-O-L. Hope you're a regular poster here.

Also, OP, she's got enough old Christmas performances to keep you happy. Like this fabulous duet she did with Lorna back in the 60s...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2015 6:13 AM

Awww, that was lovely.

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2015 6:17 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2015 6:18 AM

she's still alive?

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2015 5:30 AM

And now for Liza Minnelli's all-time Family Holiday Favourite

"Deck the balls with lots of jolly

Fa la la la la la la la la

Come Yee All in Gay Apparel

You'll tie misses then and rob me

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2015 5:45 AM

Same reason Cher hasn't, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2015 6:19 AM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2015 8:59 AM

I'd buy it

by Anonymousreply 17December 13, 2018 3:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!