Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why is that lying bitch Lara Logan back on 60 Minutes?

Logan produced a segment on Benghazi that turned out to be a complete lie.

She was suspended and is now back.

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 18February 19, 2019 4:17 PM

Brian Williams is back on the air at NBC, OP. I think the message here is the networks have finally decided to let viewers in on the big secret -- they all lie.

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2015 3:23 AM

Lara got her ta-ta's and no-no touched when she was reporting in Egypt — or so she says — so now the world owes her a living.

by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2015 3:32 AM

Lara Logan and Brian Williams should do a show together, similar to the Jon Lovitz character on Saturday Night Live.

What should it be called? "Pretty Little Liars?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2015 4:17 AM

MSNBC reporter Ayman Mohyeldin lied on air that a Muslim attacker was unarmed, while the on-screen image clearly shows the attacker with a knife in his hand.

They all lie. TV news is about agenda and indoctrination not information.

by Anonymousreply 4November 25, 2015 4:24 AM

Shut up, R4!

Don't you ever talk shit about my boyfriend Ayman... ever. EVERRRR!!!

Oh, and I'm straight.

by Anonymousreply 5November 25, 2015 4:27 AM

Brian Williams was always a bit on a con - I remember actually once listening to his commentaries on the last election - and to my amazement, he said absolutely nothing insightful - for 4 hours.

I really made an effort and at the end I just thought 'Wow! This is what big network news reporting is all about - the Art of Saying Nothing Meaningful. He had me conned for a long time about his journalism and reporting skills - I'll give him and NBC that. They should have fired him. The fact that they didn't tells me everything I need to know about NBC and Comcast.

by Anonymousreply 6November 25, 2015 4:27 AM

What does your intuition tell you about the ethical integrity of FoxNews, r6?

by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2015 7:18 AM

I don't remember the details but a few years ago two reporters for a Fox station in Florida sued their station because it had altered a piece they had reported to include outright lies when it was broadcast. They lost the case, the court ruling that TV news is under no legal obligation to report the actual truth.

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2015 11:48 PM

OP Reality Check

Do you really think it would be possible for her to single-handedly "make up" a story and air it? Do you know how many people are involved in tv news? How many layers of editing and censorship prior to airing? How tightly controlled all "news" (propaganda) is? She is a pawn. A talking head. Well-paid, yes, but not the deciding factor.

So naive. No wonder America is in the state it's in.

by Anonymousreply 9November 27, 2015 4:10 AM

R8

Correct. Read the credits at the end. Just like pro sports it is considered ENTERTAINMENT.

No obligation to tell the truth.

by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2015 4:12 AM

There is no comparison between some stupid male ego trying to insinuate himself into situations or enlarge his footprint - somethign which really makes no difference to most stories - and Logan reporting a story in such a dishonest way that it skews the entire story and facts.

They both may have lost credibility but Williams' sins are inconsequential whencompared to Logan's.

by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2015 5:15 AM

Hardly, R11.

The issue is that Logan has become the poster child for the MRA "All Women Are Liars" crusade, which they gussy up in the Gamergate-style "It's about ethics in journalism." These same folks never say shit about Williams. There's a reason for that.

No reporter caught lying should be allowed back, but if you're gonna let the straight white dudes back, you're gonna have to let everyone else back, too.

by Anonymousreply 12November 27, 2015 10:06 AM

R12, your issue is a broader one which I didn't address but appreciate it. My point was there's lying that matters and there's lying that doesn't matter. Yes, they both may be liars but there are distinctions that do make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 13November 27, 2015 4:01 PM

Liberals got Brian Williams back on tv via MSNBC, Conservatives got Lara Logan, OP.

by Anonymousreply 14November 27, 2015 4:36 PM

The difference is that Lara Logan is actually a reporter. Brian Williams reads a TelePrompTer for a living.

Her lying matters

by Anonymousreply 15November 27, 2015 4:43 PM

This video, especially at 1:13 onward is a classic.

Judging by how comfortable he is at bluntly lying, I'd say Mohyeldin is used to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 27, 2015 4:57 PM

Now she's saying that the media hasn't been fair to Trump. This is a ridiculous claim for anyone who actually watched the Trump vs Clinton election. The media loved Trump and consistently attacked Clinton rather than look into Trumps crooked behavior. While I have no issue with seeing diverse points of view represented in the press, I think the problem during the election was that the media was TOO fair to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 17February 19, 2019 3:09 PM

She's pretty much come out as a republican. Just join fox news already Lara.

by Anonymousreply 18February 19, 2019 4:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!