Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Grand Prix of Figure Skating Event in France CANCELLED Due To Terrorist Attacks

”Trophee Eric Bompard 2015” in Bordeaux has to be cancelled due to the state of emergency and national mourning days in France.

Patrick Chan was suppose to compete at the event, and was planning of dedicating his performances as tribute to the people of France

by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2021 3:17 AM

[quote]Patrick Chan was suppose to compete at the event, and was planning of dedicating his performances as tribute to the people of France

Patrick Chan was suppose to compete at the event, and was planning of dedicating his performances as Patrick Chan's way of making this all about Patrick Chan.

There. Fixed that for you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1November 15, 2015 12:22 AM

That's a pity but it's understandable. Patrick will still be able to dedicate his performances to the people of France when they reschedule this event.

by Anonymousreply 2November 15, 2015 12:22 AM

Actually all the competitors have just finished their short programs, when the event got cancelled. So now what? Will the short program standings be the official final standing of the event?

by Anonymousreply 3November 15, 2015 12:23 AM

Gracie Gold was the leader after the short program. Now it has been cancelled and other competitors are a bit ticked they didn't get a chance to beat Gracie in the long.

by Anonymousreply 4November 15, 2015 12:25 AM

[quote]Patrick will still be able to dedicate his performances to the people of France when they reschedule this event.

Patrick will still be able to make this all about Patrick Chan when they reschedule this event.

There. Fixed that for you AGAIN, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2015 12:28 AM

[quote] Patrick Chan was suppose to compete at the event, and was planning of dedicating his performances as Patrick Chan's way of making this all about Patrick Chan.

Ice dancer Piper Gillis who is also at the same France event tweeted

"And a bunch of other athletes will stand by me and say we don't just skate for our country today we skate for France and Paris #PrayForParis"

So there R1 !

by Anonymousreply 6November 15, 2015 12:28 AM

I wonder what they'd be canceling if this happened in Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 7November 15, 2015 12:28 AM

Gracie Gold who is the leader after the short program at this event tweeted

"My heart aches....#prayforParis #PrayForPeace"

by Anonymousreply 8November 15, 2015 12:29 AM

I'm not the OP, R5, but thanks anyway. I wasn't serious.

by Anonymousreply 9November 15, 2015 12:37 AM

Elizavata Tuktamysheva has got to be pissed off enough to go fight ISIS herself.

by Anonymousreply 10November 15, 2015 12:44 AM

Yes, Little Miss Bitchface, Gracie Gold, felt SO badly, R8, that she went out and did some shopping. (Along with Canadians Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier) And this is what was reported on the USFS associated web-site, Ice Network. I can't even imagine the things that they cover up when it comes to her, since they are so desperate to have her as their "golden girl." Gracie Gold is skating's version of Marie Antoinette. Or, perhaps....Condeleeza Rice, shopping for shoes while Hurrican Katarina hit. Miss Gold is not only a Bitchface, she's a cold hearted one as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 15, 2015 3:40 PM

Patrick Chan should be dedicating his holes to the people of France.

by Anonymousreply 12November 15, 2015 7:51 PM

Les terroristes ont gagne!

by Anonymousreply 13November 15, 2015 7:59 PM

Figure skating canceled? They’re already messing with the gays.

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2021 2:11 AM

Get a life OP and quit dredging up ancient shit.

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2021 2:13 AM

[quote]Grand Prix of Figure Skating Event(s)

See, here's the part I have a problem with

Figure Skating is nothing like Grand Prix

by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2021 2:23 AM

Where Is Jeff Gillooly Now? Tonya Harding's Ex-Husband Was Involved With 'I, Tonya'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2021 3:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!