Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bryan Lourd, the most powerful man in Hollywood

Managing Director and Co-Chairman of Creative Artists Agency, which reps half of Hollywood stars. He was appointed to the President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities and to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. He was also the mediator between Writers Guild and DIsney exes during the infamous writers strike. He's also an out and proud gay.

Basically, what do we know about him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9812/29/2016

I'm sure he's an absolute delight and the picture of altruism.

by Anonymousreply 111/10/2015

He lost all his hair about 10 years ago and nearly lost his mind while married to Carrie Fisher.

by Anonymousreply 211/10/2015

[R2] Are the rumors about Carrie being bipolar true?

by Anonymousreply 311/10/2015

LOL I thought he was married to Fran Drescher!

by Anonymousreply 411/10/2015

You all hate any out and proud gay man!!

by Anonymousreply 511/10/2015

He's hung like a squirrel, cut and his spooge tastes like asparagus

by Anonymousreply 611/10/2015

with Amazing Amy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 711/10/2015

He is great!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 811/10/2015

is that his husband on the right?

by Anonymousreply 911/10/2015

The Herbert Ross troll said Lourd was known to be gay at the time that he married Carrie Fisher. In the late eighties many powerful gay men entered into beard marriages to distance themselves from the taint of the AIDS-ravaged gay community, the most significant being Calvin Klein.

His partner Bruce Bozzi is an aging himbo who appears to be more in love with his best friend Andy Cohen than he does his actual partner.

by Anonymousreply 1011/10/2015

Lourd also infamously told Carrie Fisher that her craziness turned him gay, although, again, per the HRT's anecdote, that was clearly not the case.

by Anonymousreply 1111/10/2015

This is interesting. But does it mean Carrie was okay with marrying gay man? Why would she do that?

by Anonymousreply 1211/10/2015

Bruce Bozzi's Instagram (much discussed and derided in these quarters)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1311/10/2015

Isn't he bff with another DL fav, Simon Halls?

by Anonymousreply 1411/10/2015

Bryan Lourd and Bruce Bozzi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1511/10/2015

Lourd and Halls were roommates at USC and have been close since, although I have heard Halls is more of a sycophant than bff. When Amazing Amy personally emailed Halls to congratulate his husband Matt Bomer's performance after watching The Normal Heart, Halls replied, "I'm proud of Matt and Ryan but I'm REALLY proud of Bryan Lourd! He made this whole thing happen!" We had fun with that one.

Here is what HRT said Re Lourd and Fisher:

Okay, here's what I don't get: this woman was Hollywood hipster before such a word existed, she was Hollywood royalty her whole life, she knew everyone... and NOBODY told her her soon to be husband was gay? Because I KNEW HE WAS GAY and I was just a pimple on the toe of show business. But not her? Know how I knew? My boss told me years before and not in some bitchy queen way either, just matter of fact, the guy was "family" and quite attractive. So if I (and I assume a few hundred other people) knew, then how could she not?

by Anonymousreply 1611/10/2015

Was he ever married to Carrie or did they just co-habitate? I know they had a daughter, her only child. She'd be in her 20's by now.

by Anonymousreply 1711/10/2015

He is the most interesting man in the world.

by Anonymousreply 1811/10/2015

Goop looks terrible in that pic at r8. Jesus her skin is like leather there, and the fake tan atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 1911/10/2015

Goop looks like a normal person there, not overly botoxed, waxy and plastic like most Hollywood idiots.

by Anonymousreply 2011/10/2015

[R16] Thanks for clarifying that and posting the HRT's quote. I am always shocked by non-lesbian women who deliberately choose to enter bearding marriage. Were they even that close? I think not if he is openly criticizing her and blaming her illness for his sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 2111/10/2015

R7 more like that bitch cunt Amy Pascal!

by Anonymousreply 2211/10/2015

his boyfriend bruce is like 60 but acts and dresses as if he's in his 20's and that really knows what to do with it ;)

by Anonymousreply 2311/10/2015

[quote]Was he ever married to Carrie or did they just co-habitate? I know they had a daughter, her only child. She'd be in her 20's by now.

The daughter is an actress, she is one of the 'Chanels' on Scream Queens. I know Lourd identifies as gay now but, with the whole wife and kid thing, wouldn't the most likely deduction be that he's a bisexual who prefers men.

by Anonymousreply 2411/10/2015

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2511/10/2015

One of my best friends mother and Lourdes mother have been friends since childhood in New Iberia, La. She knew him in high school. According to her he dated girls back then, but was not surprised when he came out.

by Anonymousreply 2611/10/2015

The children of gay men who entered into bearded marriages must often wonder, "if dad had been able to live truly as himself I would never have been born."

by Anonymousreply 2711/10/2015

His daughter and her friends will always know since he's mister Hollywood that he's gay and that he fucked Carrie Fisher =Billie

by Anonymousreply 2811/10/2015

what's the deal with him and Ryan Murphy?

by Anonymousreply 2911/10/2015

He is Ryan Murphy's agent.

by Anonymousreply 3011/10/2015

R30 you know a lot dude are you in the biz with Hollywood scum?

by Anonymousreply 3111/10/2015

client Jonathan Groff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3211/10/2015

His partner Bruce Bozzi is an aging himbo who appears to be more in love with his best friend Andy Cohen than he does his actual partner.

Ben Maisani

by Anonymousreply 3311/10/2015

Mr. BIG Ben

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3411/10/2015

I think he's really handsome. Totally my type, regardless of the agent thing. Actually, if anything, that's kind of a turn-off.

by Anonymousreply 3511/10/2015

CAA is run by gays, I always thought Witchspoon's husband looks gay and I wouldn't be surprised if she was a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 3611/10/2015

Lourd is supposedly an incredibly nice guy. His brother Blaine is a bigwig financier and recently wrote a memoir about growing up in Cajun country. Very well reviewed.

He pretty much raised Billie on his own as Carrie was so whacked out. Very devoted dad.

by Anonymousreply 3711/10/2015

It's funny how Billie Lourd looks exactly like him.

by Anonymousreply 3811/11/2015

[R36] She doesn't pings at all, or had any gay rumors, didn't she?

by Anonymousreply 3911/11/2015

Uh, she's starring on Scream Queens on Fox R17.

by Anonymousreply 4011/11/2015

Back when he was dating Carrie and had hair. Looking like a complete different man!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4111/11/2015

No one had him? No rumors of any flings? Are we to believe he stays faithful to the same 'wannabe 30ish' guy?

by Anonymousreply 4211/11/2015

with Clooney. They would make a great power couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4311/11/2015

with a hot Latino.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4411/11/2015

Simon Halls named one of his twins, Walker Bryan Halls, after Bryan Lourd. Simon bottoms only for his Lord.

by Anonymousreply 4511/13/2015

Simon and Bryan had an affair? Poor Matt.

by Anonymousreply 4611/13/2015

Walker Bryan Halls is the child Matt Bomer fathered. So that adds a wrinkle.

Anyway it is highly likely being roommates in college that Simon and Bryan have slept with each other at least once.

by Anonymousreply 4711/13/2015

"Lourd is supposedly an incredibly nice guy.'

Hon, NO ONE gets to where he is in Hollywood by being an incredibly nice guy. I'm sure he's as much a nasty barracuda as any of his peers.

by Anonymousreply 4811/13/2015

I think that person meant nice as in "cool/charismatic" rather than "nice nice."

The HRT said that the CAA guys had that reputation in the 80s, as opposed to the other hotheaded agencies.

by Anonymousreply 4911/13/2015

Look, in Hollywood, they can stab you in the back and destroy you, but smile all the while. They are calm, and happy, and always, always "helpful." Guys like Bryan Lourd would be the fixer type, the problem solver, the guy who's gonna take care of you. He can be as unscrupulous as can be, but you won't see it. The guys who succeed are the ones who never telegraph their punches. You don't know your throat is slit until you nod your head.

Dealing with actors, authors, directors, sports figures, singers, etc. these are all very insecure narcissistic people to varying degrees. Some are more needy than others. By being "nice" and being "a good listener" you learn things. People share information, they confide. Producers talk about how they need to find financing, etc. Sometimes a project can get sabotaged by being greenlighted.

It's all very Alice in Wonderland. Nothing is as it appears, and no one says what they mean. The most effective ones are like Pacino's character in Scarface's memorable line: "I always tell the truth, even when I lie." The days of temper tantrums and moguls are over, the trend towards "Hollywood Nice" began in the late 60's -70's. AMy PAscal is an example of someone who stupidly let her guard down with Rudin. There are different rules for women. Rudin is an acknowledged asshole, but he is represented by a "nice guy" and his "Nice guy" has power.

by Anonymousreply 5011/13/2015

Producers and agents are apples and oranges; producing has always tended to attract tyrants and control freaks.

by Anonymousreply 5111/13/2015

How does he get along with Debbie?

by Anonymousreply 5211/13/2015

who cares R41 dating LOL yea right you're GAY BL always were and Billie knows it!

by Anonymousreply 5311/13/2015

I think 'nice' means he is pleasant, keeps his temper under control, is very intelligent and urbane. In his memoir Bryan's brother described how it was Bryan who let their impossible (and homophobic) father move in with him. The father became disabled and Bryan looked after him like a little kid despite how awful he had been to Bryan. Sounds like a good guy to me.

by Anonymousreply 5411/13/2015

Not so nice. He has only ever let the old man watch can't stop the music and my rs breckinridge

by Anonymousreply 5511/13/2015

Grandmother, Mother and granddaughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5611/13/2015

I thought he was with Kevin Huvane...how could I be so wrong?

by Anonymousreply 5711/13/2015

Make me a STAR

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5811/14/2015

bump

by Anonymousreply 5912/27/2015

He lost all of his hair while conducting a scientific experiment with Superboy(Superman when he was a boy). Now he holds a bitter vendetta against the Man of Steel. He won't be satisfied until he crushes him. Rumor is that he has a contingent of workers searching Addis Ababa for a green meteor that might prove fatal to the world's greatest hero.

by Anonymousreply 6012/27/2015

Billie accepted Debbie's honorary Oscar earlier this fall because Debbie was "ill". Truth is, Debbie is suffering from dementia ( you could tell last year from her rambling speech during her SAG Life Achievement Award) and cannot be trusted to speak in public anymore. Carrie keeps her at home while Billie is sent out as the family spokesperson now. And did you see Billie in the new STAR WARS as the young Leia?

by Anonymousreply 6112/27/2015

Thanks for ruining a clever bit from the movie

by Anonymousreply 6212/27/2015

[quote] Are the rumors about Carrie being bipolar true?

She's openly discussed her BPD. I recall she even joked about the state of her liver due to the medications she now takes (and her past drug abuse).

by Anonymousreply 6312/28/2015

Isn't he the 2nd biggest agent at CAA?

by Anonymousreply 6412/28/2015

The look of fondness.

Loiurd actually looks better without hair, or at least the limp style he wore when he dated Carrie Fisher

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6512/28/2015

R64, correct, he's 2nd in command behind Richard Lovett. Lovett learned the value of being low key from Ovitz' tenure.

by Anonymousreply 6612/28/2015

I thought Kevin Huvane is the top dog at CAA.

by Anonymousreply 6712/28/2015

Richard Lovett is President.

by Anonymousreply 6812/28/2015

In what level of Hell is Ovitz working these days?

by Anonymousreply 6912/28/2015

R61, I don't recall any scenes with young Leia.

Who did Billie Lourd really play?

by Anonymousreply 7012/28/2015

Carrie Fisher must know who's gay in Hollywood since her ex-husband and John Travolta probably slept together. That's how Carrie Fisher knows.

by Anonymousreply 7112/28/2015

R70 She played a female rebel with no family ties to Leia whatsoever. Just an extra.

by Anonymousreply 7212/28/2015

R71 probably as Bryan is a hung top and Travolta is a big bottom!

by Anonymousreply 7312/28/2015

For some reason I thought Huvane and Lourds were lovers. I don't know where I got that idea.

by Anonymousreply 7401/03/2016

bump

by Anonymousreply 7505/01/2016

Are Bryan and Bruce married? And what's the deal with Bruce's daughter? Is she their daughter or did Bozzi come into the relationship with her?

by Anonymousreply 7605/01/2016

For someone so powerful, he cannot help his daughter land better roles than in some cheap Ryan Murphy's show?

by Anonymousreply 7705/01/2016

Amen [R77]

by Anonymousreply 7810/31/2016

[quote]In what level of Hell is Ovitz working these days?

It's my opinion that Ovitz is nobody anymore, and I mean NOBODY. He's a man without a country now, and seemingly very few friends. I've observed him as late as summer 2013 or 2014 in East Hampton....as a houseguest to someone not really in show biz. He sat around barely saying anything with a sad vacant look on his face. I believe he and his wife Judy have since split. I mean after his career making enemies, and his huge flame out, what is left but ignominy?

by Anonymousreply 7910/31/2016

He is one of my best friends

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8010/31/2016

Bryan's a decent guy. Stands out like an angel amongst those at his level in the agency business. He keeps a relatively low profile (you won't see him with 30 questionable West Hollywood skanks on a boat in Greece like Kevin), the husband's instagram thirst notwithstanding. But he and Kevin make a nice Power Gay Duo. Yin, yang, etc. They'll both cash out soon enough at CAA when the private equity money vests.

by Anonymousreply 8110/31/2016

Bump, given recent news.

by Anonymousreply 8212/28/2016

Is he a known homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 8312/28/2016

Yes you big damn dummy, he married a man.

by Anonymousreply 8412/28/2016

According to Wikipedia, Carrie oddly claimed she & Bryan were married & divorced, despite the fact no marriage ever took place.

by Anonymousreply 8512/28/2016

Whew, hasn't aged well. From "young William Hurt" to Charles Foster Kane: The Xanadu Years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8612/28/2016

Lourd has been co-chair of CAA for 20 years. He's a very powerful, but very low-key, gentlemanly Southern guy.

by Anonymousreply 8712/28/2016

Re: r65 Richard Lovett must be older than dirt. I thought he was eased out years ago, and the dynamic duo took over.

r87 he's a Hollywood agent at a major packaging firm-aka asshole right up there with the lawyers and 'artist managers'. The surface, however courtly, is irrelevant. They all have a thick layer of dissembling shellac hiding the moral rot.

by Anonymousreply 8812/28/2016

He has a very nice smile. He reminds me of someone but I can't think who.

by Anonymousreply 8912/28/2016

Why in god's name is the daughter of this very powerful man, not to mention with her maternal pedigree, bearding for Lautner and on that terrible show?

by Anonymousreply 9012/28/2016

r90, because she’s not pretty or talented enough to not have to play the game.

by Anonymousreply 9112/28/2016

At what age did Lourd's daughter actually start acting in TV or movies?

by Anonymousreply 9212/28/2016

R90 Being raised by gays, Billie might prefer a gay husband.

by Anonymousreply 9312/28/2016

I always get the impression that Lourd, Halls, Bozzi and Cohen all fuck each other. A big perv family.

by Anonymousreply 9412/28/2016

Bozzi posted this photo of his daughter with the Halls boys. Note the astonishing physical resemblance between the girl and the oldest Halls boy on the right. I will bet you anything they are half-siblings, conceived using the same egg donor.

So yes, there is a "closeness" between the two families.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9512/29/2016

Lourd & Bozzi were among the close family that attended Simon's and Matt's wedding. Bozzi said Lourd had tears in his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 9612/29/2016

Bruce Bozzi's tribute to his stepdaughter's mom and grandma

I don't think Bryan chose him for his wits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9712/29/2016

R97 very sweet though

by Anonymousreply 9812/29/2016
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!