Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Marco Rubio, the actor

It strikes me that Marco is acting like a candidate for President. It doesn't seem natural to him. Bernie is a natural. Bill Clinton and Reagan were naturals. I think Rand Paul is a natural, but Rubio seems to be playing a role. Acting like a candidate, and presumedly, he'd act like a president if elected.

My nephew just posted pictures of himself with Rubio. They must have met in New Hampshire somewhere. Good Lord, he was raised better, but his choice,

by Anonymousreply 123February 21, 2016 1:52 AM

Is your nephew gay? Maybe he just wants to suck Rubio's dick or something.

by Anonymousreply 1November 6, 2015 11:18 PM

If elected, hope Rubio is not given an American Express credit card by the government. His billionaire sugar daddies will get jealous.

by Anonymousreply 2November 6, 2015 11:30 PM

Rand Paul is the most socially awkward politician I've ever seen. I find him interesting, though. And I give him points for discussing race in his clumsy fashion.

by Anonymousreply 3November 6, 2015 11:41 PM

He's afraid his hairclub for men will come undone.

by Anonymousreply 4November 7, 2015 12:03 AM

R2, I've posted this before on a different thread. DL has been going down the list of the current most popular Repub Presidential candidates and listing why VERY SPECIFICALLY you would never vote for each individual. This helps those of us without an inside track to separate the hype from the truth. It is not sufficient to say you would never vote for a Repub no matter what the situation.

Most of us will encounter solid Conservatives or "Hillary Haters" and yes I've long predicted she will be the likely Democratic nominee. Regretfully I am very concerned about the demise of the Democratic Party if a large number of UNSCREENED immigrants arrive as Pres Obama will clearly be blamed. Least you think I'm being anti-Muslim at this point my major concern actually is economic. Despite Donald Trump rallying against Illegal immigration, mainly by Hispanics, the majority are not homeless and hungry nor do they suffer from serious language barriers in their attempt to get admittedly very low paid physical labor jobs under unpleasant conditions. In fact I'll bet many wealthy Repub do NOT want the majority of them deported especially considering at least their offspring would make far more physically and mentally capable military personnel in the truly unfortunate event of another Draft. Don't "shoot me" but it's true and I'm a Realist.

Now how many Mid East immigrants from ANY of the 18 countries scheduled to come to the US will be able to fill needed slots in medical care, specialized technology, etc? How long will it take the majority and how much money will it cost US taxpayers to become self-supporting? How will they get crucially needed medical care including vaccinations to prevent the spread of contagious diseases?

America has already given billions in aid to other countries. Pledged food and medicine to those in refugee camps from other countries haven't been delivered. At what point will those American citizens currently hungry and homeless say that there are children now going without? How about the current US Vets in need of perhaps permanent mental care and on waiting lists?

Colorado has followed NV in declaring Obamacare a very expensive failure; meaning the truly needy are NOT getting adequate medical and dental care but residents of 2 states will be paying back bills for generations.

by Anonymousreply 5November 7, 2015 8:45 AM

You're not a "REALIST," R5.

You're a fear-mongering POS.

by Anonymousreply 6November 7, 2015 10:23 AM

R5 explained his view. R6 called him a name with no substance. It's amusing that illegal enablers and the self-declared SJWs see themselves as open-mined.

by Anonymousreply 7November 7, 2015 10:45 AM

Marco Rubio is a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 8November 7, 2015 10:50 AM

Most Republican governors have declared Obamacase an expensive failure. That don't make it true, nor necessarily true if a number of Democratic governors do either. I was just reading that the facts show that medical care costs per person in the US have been increasing at the lowest rates in decades, since the passage of the ACA, and at a sharply reduced rate at that. The ACA continues to be a success while millions more have coverage.

by Anonymousreply 9November 7, 2015 12:16 PM

Was Rubio the one with the water bottle incident during the last election?

by Anonymousreply 10November 7, 2015 12:24 PM

Yes, he's a man with a thirst for politics.

by Anonymousreply 11November 7, 2015 12:33 PM

Just a little man who wants to sit at the grownups table.

by Anonymousreply 12November 7, 2015 12:51 PM

I'd hate-fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 13November 7, 2015 12:55 PM

He talks like a baby. How can you have childhood speech issues after being in public for so long is beyond me.

And why would anyone take the time to explain why they wouldn't vote for an obvious clown/troll that is being propped up by anti-Obama billionaires?

Life's too short.

by Anonymousreply 14November 7, 2015 2:12 PM

I find it incredible that he cashed out his 68k 401k so his " wife would have access to money" while he ran his campaign.

by Anonymousreply 15November 7, 2015 2:40 PM

Can somebody start a thread/poll to see who all on this site is registered to vote.

Fingers crossed it is only a few.

by Anonymousreply 16November 7, 2015 3:06 PM

Registered to vote AND and planning to vote republican

by Anonymousreply 17November 7, 2015 3:30 PM

Rubio is a total sleaze...I really think he is the worst thing that could happen to this country.

by Anonymousreply 18November 8, 2015 4:49 AM

R5, we have Republicans who post here openly and although I disagree with them about pretty much everything, at least they have balls. Man up or take your bullshit "concern trolling" and fuck off.

Mittens vetted Rubio for VP, found "disturbing" issues there and discarded him. When Harry Reid said Rubio was "the next John Edwards" it was obvious that there is some serious shit heading Marco Blanco's way. He'll crash and burn.

With all those guys running the Republicans still don't have a viable candidate. This should be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 19November 8, 2015 5:14 AM

What!? What about me!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 8, 2015 7:34 AM

Sorry, Carly, I forgot about you.

Looking good, hun.

by Anonymousreply 21November 8, 2015 8:04 AM

r14 Yeah, that's why it's a good thing to spend much of it on dl and the like.

by Anonymousreply 22November 8, 2015 8:24 AM

For some treason I get a bad feeling about Rubio...Damian bad.

by Anonymousreply 23November 8, 2015 9:27 AM

R5's diatribe was just too long and had a lot of unnecessary filler r6. No one asked for his or her views. No need for childish name calling though.

by Anonymousreply 24November 8, 2015 9:47 AM

R19, Thank you for your contribution re Mittens whom I NEVER would have supported. Quite telling that even HE did not trust Rubio. I have stated many times on DL that I'm a Moderate. I also believe in evaluating all candidates regardless of party affiliation. Earlier this evening a close friend and Republican with a strong military leadership background confessed he was disgusted with Trump, Carson and wondered where the party was heading.

by Anonymousreply 25November 8, 2015 10:56 AM

R25, I'd like to ask you to reconsider your disregard for party affiliation. Presidents and their parties work together to implement a set of priorities that they mostly agree upon. It is contradictatory to vote for alternate parties at election time, since the Rs and Ds work against each other's interests.

For example, the thing we call "Obamacare" was really crafted by the congress. The President's staff served to advise and comment on it, but had no real power in crafting the legislation. He signed it into law, but it wasn't really his bill.

Likewise, since the Rs have controlled one or more chambers of Congress, the Dems haven't been able to pass their legislation.

I'm voting straight Democratic, and encourage everyone to do so. It's the only way to see a progressive agenda passed in the US.

by Anonymousreply 26November 8, 2015 11:41 AM

R5 specified he was replying to me. Anyone could have skipped. He referenced his pro and con separations of GOP candidates. He took the time to elaborate. He did not try to insult anyone here, and was addressing me with my short commentary on Rubio. Then, other(s) react immaturely, and not bother to counter with any credibility concerning anything specific? Kadoos to R5 who perhaps disagreed with me. For all I know, he could be a flaming liberal. He didn't say whom he supports.

by Anonymousreply 27November 8, 2015 5:48 PM

R27, Thank you for your understanding. IF Trump becomes the Repub nominee it's because the other competitors are flawed IF one really looks below the surface presentation.

R26, As I've said before Obamacare is a total disaster in my state only really benefiting the top administrators making $300,000 a year. Was told they were political appointees without any experience in the insurance industry. Doctors who haven't been paid for months have dropped out of the program so it now takes months to get a doctor's visit. Those who are paying part of the fees must pay 100% of doctors' visits or start over from scratch with a new doctor meaning multiple visits. The program ends in Jan. Disaster.

Also dislike how Pres Obama handled the whole Mid East situation from Day-1. No I did not like Romney any better.

Moderates often wish "None of the Above" was a realistic choice.

by Anonymousreply 28November 9, 2015 7:36 AM

Marco Rubio delighted the tea baggers when, at the last debate, he said we need more welders and fewer philosophers. He also spoke in favor of increasing military spending and America's military role in the world, though he himself never served in the military. (He was too busy climbing the ladder of GOP success.)

by Anonymousreply 29November 12, 2015 2:44 PM

Lazy at doing your job, hanky-panky with money for personal use that belongs to others, can't manage personal spending well, and very shallow in experience and with details, and backstabbing in being impatient for one's own ambition---are poor characteristics for the POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 30November 12, 2015 3:19 PM

[quote] No need for childish name calling though.

Don't be ridiculous, R24, we love childish name calling and will continue to childishly call names until the DL disappears from the face of the earth.

People who can't deal with childish name calling are the ones we can't stand.

by Anonymousreply 31November 12, 2015 3:44 PM

Rubio's opportunism and desperation regularly assert themselves at these debates and all we get from the fucking news media is how "sharp " he is, and what a great job he did. I find his attacks and rebuttals puerile. He reminds me of a high school sophomore. If you examine his positions on issues, they are muddled but they also reflect a lot of what Jeb wants. They are both NeoCons.

The one thing Marco Rubio seems to have is unbridled ambition and drive. His reach very obviously exceeds his grasp. He strikes me as a little unstable, prone to temper tantrums. He's a media invention, and if he would just stop attacking Bush, who is the golden boy, The Chosen One of the "establishment GOP" like Karl Rove, Rubio might have a future, except he refuses to listen. Very undisciplined.

So they will elevate him to take him down. They want to win. They'd prefer a whore on the bottom of the ticket like Rubio, that an ideolugue lunatic like Cruz. They had hopes for Rubio, but alas. Rubio has no discipline and he engages in magical thinking, convincing himself that things are as he sees them. True asshole. Just like the rest.

by Anonymousreply 32November 12, 2015 4:06 PM

r30 and r32 have him pegged. He's Carly Fiorina in an ill-fitting business suit. Both lie. Both are prone to histrionics and hyperbole. Both would run this country into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2015 8:32 AM

Rubio's a slick phony. OP is right.

by Anonymousreply 34November 14, 2015 9:57 AM

Cruz is going afterhim now.I love it. Both of them are pigs.

by Anonymousreply 35November 14, 2015 1:12 PM

Cruz would be even worse than Rubio, I think. Can you imagine listening to that ugly ass for four years? People who know him best hate him, which says something. He also wears too much makeup. He likes the gold standard, which is stupid. There isn't enough gold in existance to back all the US dollars in circulation. That's just for starters.

by Anonymousreply 36November 14, 2015 11:34 PM

Rubio was in favor of amnesty. He's toast with the Pubbie base now, especially after Paris.

by Anonymousreply 37November 14, 2015 11:38 PM

Is Marco Rubio trying to have it both ways on gay marriage?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 30, 2015 2:05 PM

He reminds me of Jimmy Fallon

by Anonymousreply 39November 30, 2015 2:09 PM

Did Mitt Romney's VP vetting team uncover potential scandal in 2012 concerning Marco Rubio?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 30, 2015 2:09 PM

As a wealthy gay man, I am going to get srewed no matter who wins the election. The Republicans won't stay out of my bedroom and the Democrats won't stay our of my wallet. Why can't we have realistic financial policy and reasonable social policy at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 41November 30, 2015 2:34 PM

In addition to Rubio, Ted Cruz has articulated a certain Cuban family background that others say is not so.

More ordinary immigrants vs refugees story-lines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 30, 2015 2:38 PM

R41, sorry dear. Taxes have been at record lows since the George W. Bush tax cuts, but deficits have been at record highs, too. We do need to pay off some of the debt that W. incurred. He should have raised taxes to pay for the wars he started. That might have made people pay attention.

You'll recall we had a surplus when Bush took office, and slightly higher taxes. That was Clinton working with Congress. Then Bush wrecked it all. I hope we return to such sanity under Hillary!

by Anonymousreply 43November 30, 2015 2:45 PM

R41, I hear ya and agree. I doubt you'll see much support on DL for that. Too many gravitate to their party-line corners and flexibility in politics is not very apparent with any of the candidates and their respective followers. I am single, and recently retired after working 40 years. Adding up the federal taxes plus the state and local taxes, that's a huge chunk nearing 50%, collectively. As an individual, I would say, in actuality, I may be a consumer of about a fifth of that at most.

When they say "tax the rich", that's code for an upper-middle class and middle-middle class tax increase. It's always been that way.

by Anonymousreply 44November 30, 2015 2:55 PM

R44, you need a tax expert to help you, you shouldn't be paying 50% unless you are really rolling in dough, over $200,000. I pay about 16% - 20%, if I recall correctly, and I'm doing very well.

How much do you make, since you raised the subject?

by Anonymousreply 45November 30, 2015 3:05 PM

Actually, I can't understand how you could possibly be paying "near 50%". The max Federal tax rate is 33% on income to $411,000, but you only pay that on income (after deductions!) above $190,000. This is a graduated tax rate. On your first dollars of income, you pay much less tax. And long term capital gains are taxed at only 15%. Even adding state and local to that, it shouldn't come close to 50%.

You're complaining?

by Anonymousreply 46November 30, 2015 3:15 PM

At no time will he ever be ready for prime time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 30, 2015 3:24 PM

Save your energy, r46. Most people are far too dumb to understand the graduated tax rate system. I know a former (for now) go-go boy on Facebook who at 30 years of age is outraged at the taxes taken out of his paycheck! He posts he stubs and screams bloody murder that he can't believe how much HE pays in taxes! It is as if he is 15 years old and is just discovering our taxation system. It is taking every ounce of restraint not to write on his wall, "Well, you can be happy all those dollar bills tucked into your sweaty g-string were untaxed all these years! Think of your savings!"

by Anonymousreply 48November 30, 2015 5:51 PM

R44 must be making over $500,000 [bold]per year [/bold]if he thinks he's paying close to 50%. And he's complaining! Unreal.

A cool thing about TurboTax is that it tells you your [italic]effective[/italic] tax rate, which is usually much lower than your max tax bracket.

Still waiting for R44 to tell us his income.

by Anonymousreply 49November 30, 2015 6:10 PM

Oh, I just heard part of a Rubio commercial. Rubio faces the camera and speaks. He's an actor, and not a very good one, ugh. I hope he doesn't get elected, as he really bothers me,

by Anonymousreply 50December 16, 2015 12:04 AM

He's got a sex scandal about to come out. Hold your breath.

by Anonymousreply 51December 16, 2015 12:22 AM

R28, just curious, can you actually explain what you think Obamacare is? do you think it replaces insurance companies with government-owned entities?

Also how did you like how Bush/Cheney handled the MidEast?

also, what state are you from? does it have a Republican governor and legislature who oppose Obamacare and refuse to do anything to implement it?

by Anonymousreply 52December 16, 2015 12:27 AM

I thought Rubio did pretty well in the debate. He sounds sincere and knowledgeable. Not like he's reciting memorized talking points, like Carson. I think he might take the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 53January 16, 2016 12:17 AM

[Quote]I thought Rubio did pretty well in the debate. I think he might take the nomination.

Only if he's campaigning for captain of his neighborhood watch. He aleady has the pretty boots for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 16, 2016 12:44 AM

Kind of a femmy pose

by Anonymousreply 55January 16, 2016 12:53 AM

Rove is going to make sure these guys cannibalize one another until it is dinally safe for Little Jebbie ro come out to play. Your ticket will be Jeb & Kasich. Bet on it.

by Anonymousreply 56January 16, 2016 1:07 AM

[quote]I thought Rubio did pretty well in the debate.

He was incredibly lucky that he got through 2.5 hours with no one asking him about his past/current positions on immigration and amnesty.

by Anonymousreply 57January 16, 2016 1:14 AM

As R51 said, his mistress has been an open secret in Florida politics for several years and among major media outlets for not quite as long. Nobody has outed him yet, but if it ever looks like he has a serious chance at the nomination, it's over.

by Anonymousreply 58January 16, 2016 3:12 AM

Romney was very interested in both Rubio and Chris Christie as a potential running mate in 2012, but once his campaign had vetted them, he passed quickly on each, Rubio due to his personal life and Christie due to his blatant corruption, not only as Governor, but earlier as US Attorney to NJ.

by Anonymousreply 59January 16, 2016 3:46 AM

R58 Clinton fucked around and possibly raped women, went through hell and came out of it. Bush Jr like his alcohol too much, strippers and married a murderer,his wife Laura. Rubio's style over substance appeals to the Repub PTB. Trump and/or Cruz would lose in a landslide against Sanders. Not to mention Jeb.

When Trump loses to sanders all the fascists( like closet queen Michael Savage Weiner) will be claiming that Trump was too liberal.

by Anonymousreply 60January 16, 2016 3:51 AM

Rubio cannot have it both ways. It's settled law. The Supreme Court has ruled. Rubio can pander all he'd like to the right-wing bigots.

They lost. We won. They lost.

by Anonymousreply 61January 16, 2016 4:06 AM

Rubio is a little cute, though, no? I'm imagining him in a leather shorts...

by Anonymousreply 62January 16, 2016 12:58 PM

If Marco were a cool dude, like Barack or Justin Trudeau, with the politics to match, I would certainly vote for him. And if some of you fashion and fitness queens could work your magic on him, then I would fuck him, too.

by Anonymousreply 63January 16, 2016 1:57 PM

Rubio is too old and fat. And the hair is a problem. Plus he was a Morman. He's just sour milk.

by Anonymousreply 64January 16, 2016 2:07 PM

Deep down, the problem is he's a phony. He may be well rehearsed, but not authentic.

by Anonymousreply 65January 16, 2016 2:15 PM

He has Dumbo ears.

by Anonymousreply 66January 16, 2016 2:17 PM

Has he ever accomplished anything as a senator? Has he even bothered to show up for congressional votes?

by Anonymousreply 67January 16, 2016 4:03 PM

Too fat??!? Rubio is all muscle. I'd love to see him flex his muscles and then gut punch Christie.

by Anonymousreply 68January 16, 2016 4:40 PM

Rubio's tv commericials are incredibly LOUD.

by Anonymousreply 69January 16, 2016 4:43 PM

Rubio is a slick phony, just like Fiorina.

by Anonymousreply 70January 16, 2016 4:55 PM

The epitome of thirsty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 16, 2016 5:40 PM

Marco Rubio with his religious angle......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 27, 2016 3:18 PM

The fact is he and Cruz are Latinos. And the conservative right-wingers want no part of that. They hate the fact they had a bi-racial president for 8 years. And they do not want a woman for president as well. They want a wealthy, WHITE man for president.

by Anonymousreply 73January 27, 2016 3:22 PM

[quote]As a wealthy gay man, I am going to get srewed no matter who wins the election. The Republicans won't stay out of my bedroom and the Democrats won't stay our of my wallet. Why can't we have realistic financial policy and reasonable social policy at the same time?

The wealthy have been screwing the rest of us for thirty-five years. It's your turn to take a financial hit, piggy-boy.

by Anonymousreply 74January 27, 2016 3:44 PM

What religion is Marco? Wasn't he a Morman who switched to Catholic? That's a big change. I'd guess he started as Carholic, being from Cuba.

by Anonymousreply 75January 28, 2016 7:53 PM

He was Catholic, then became a Mormon, then an Evangelical, then Catholic again. Now he attends both the Catholic Church and a mega church with his wife.

by Anonymousreply 76January 28, 2016 11:49 PM

Both on the same day?

As a Catholic, I can say there is a big difference between Catholicism and Mormonism. Catholicism Is a whole culture. I imagine there's a big difference between all three.

by Anonymousreply 77January 29, 2016 12:58 AM

[quote]Both on the same day?

Covering all the bases.

by Anonymousreply 78January 29, 2016 1:03 AM

--Marco, MACHO football fan

by Anonymousreply 79January 29, 2016 1:04 AM

R74, millionaires paying taxes is the ultimate indignity. let us all weep together.

by Anonymousreply 80January 29, 2016 9:49 PM

I think it will be Marco vs. Hillary in the end.

Marco talks a good game. He's coherent, unlike Trump. He doesn't look like a muppet, unlike Cruz. Various reasons. I do think he talks in the debates like an aggressive, ambitious, intelligent, conservative. He seems to be a real Christian, unlike phony Trump. The money guys would support him, unlike Trump.

Cruz always sounds like a patronizing phony. He always sounds like he's talking to prepubescent children. His constant patronizing of all his Republican opponents (in public) just seems fake. He's not likable. When has the US ever elected a truly unlikable person to the presidency? Even his college roommate hates him.

I'm voting for the Democrat. I'm just making a prediction, not an endorsement of Rubio.

by Anonymousreply 81January 31, 2016 10:44 PM

I hope you're correct, R81, because if Rubio's the nominee, he'll lose. Way too much dirty laundry.

by Anonymousreply 82January 31, 2016 10:52 PM

R73 - they don't so much mind that those two are Cuban. What they actually hate, loathe and detest is that JEB runs around as a fake Mexican.

by Anonymousreply 83January 31, 2016 10:58 PM

[quote]He doesn't look like a muppet

Say, what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84February 1, 2016 12:07 AM

The muppet in R84 needs a water bottle, not a microphone.

Though I appreciate the effort, R84.

by Anonymousreply 85February 1, 2016 12:19 AM

I didn't see what was so wrong with Rubio taking the drink of water. Will someone explain it to me?

by Anonymousreply 86February 1, 2016 1:03 AM

R86, didn't it look awkward to you?

My impression was that someone had drilled into Rubio the importance of staring into the camera at a certain spot, so as to give the viewers the customary personal experience. He was told no matter what, address that point like you would look into another person's eyes when speaking with them.

So, when he reached way out for the water bottle while staring into the camera, he just looked inexperienced, during an address were he should have demonstrated suffience experience and gravitas to critique the preceeding Presidential address.

Everybody does done things, but I hope my elected reps are smarter and more experienced than I am. He looked like neither. Just too green for Prime Time. He'll still be around and young in 8 years. He should run then.

Does that help, R86?

by Anonymousreply 87February 1, 2016 1:19 AM

I think if Rubio simply said "excuse me one moment", broke his gaze, then stepped over, grabbed the water, returned to his mark, took a drink, and continued speaking as normal, it would have looked better.

A real pro would die of dehydration during a short speach than break for the bottle.

by Anonymousreply 88February 1, 2016 1:22 AM

Can those who think Rubio will be the GOP nominee describe his path to winning? He's coming in third or fourth in Iowa and New Hampshire and isn't doing better in SC. So where exactly is Rubio's momentum going to begin?

by Anonymousreply 89February 1, 2016 6:02 AM

Thank you r87 and r88. That does help.

by Anonymousreply 90February 1, 2016 6:13 AM

I just want to declare I have only on Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ who I worship on my knees in public parks with gay porn producers.

by Anonymousreply 91February 1, 2016 6:41 AM

I watched him give a speech last night, and all I could think of the entire time he was talking was "God, what a little queen."

by Anonymousreply 92February 1, 2016 1:43 PM

"Was Marco Rubio a gay male prostitute?" I know some trans prostitutes claim to have been with him and he used to hang-out in Wainright Park in Miami, when he was younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93February 1, 2016 2:02 PM

I think he's delicious.

by Anonymousreply 94February 1, 2016 2:03 PM

R54 Those boots. Why? Why? And with a sweater-fleece? All I could think of was:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 1, 2016 2:10 PM

Would The Dems dare out him? The mainstream press stayed away from Obama and his down low years. Maybe Trump will flame him out with the gay rumors.......

by Anonymousreply 96February 1, 2016 2:11 PM

If he's the nominee, the truth will come out.

by Anonymousreply 97February 1, 2016 8:20 PM

Marco Rubio is young and handsome and he will easily beat that old bag Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 98February 1, 2016 9:59 PM

Young Marco, having a gay old time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99February 1, 2016 10:08 PM

The Republicans do not care about any of those things, R5.

by Anonymousreply 100February 1, 2016 10:17 PM

He obviously has lots of secrets, shocking he'd run for president.

by Anonymousreply 101February 1, 2016 10:56 PM

Let's face it, if Hillary wins the Democratic party, she'll be our next President and I'm not all that excited.

It does seem that we are a nation of stupid people, but we aren't stupid enough to put a Republican in the White House any time soon. Thank goodness.

by Anonymousreply 102February 1, 2016 11:20 PM

R102 Ya keep thinking that partner.

by Anonymousreply 103February 2, 2016 4:37 AM

The lurching for water is classic dry mouth brought on by years of heavy coke use. His brother was a dealer.

by Anonymousreply 104February 2, 2016 6:00 AM

His speech patterns annoy me. Weak-voiced, lacks gravitas, even seems a bit adolescent to me. And I disagree with R81. I don't think he has any real belief system or values - will say or "believe" anything to win. But it's the lack of confidence that stands out - with Jeb too. After the bravado of Trump, Cruz, Christie, I wonder if the vox populi will notice Rubio is a wimp.

by Anonymousreply 105February 3, 2016 4:33 PM

Marco's debate performance two days ago demonstrated his acting ability. He repeated 3 or 4 times some criticism of Obama he had memorized. I'm not sure that is all that odd, but he repeated that boilerplate even after Chris Christy criticized him for repeating himself, and that made him look programmed and unable to think on his feet.

by Anonymousreply 106February 9, 2016 12:26 AM

I agree R106, that the technique of repetition is not necessarily odd, but in this context it was bizarre. First, it is a stupid and inane point (about Obama knowing exactly what he's doing), and he makes it only to dispel the notion that he, Rubio, as a one-term Senator is not ready for the job of president. But, it takes too many leaps of logic to get from "Obama knew what he was doing" to "so do I." Most of them fall flat because he hasn't actually accomplished anything and he seems genuinely stupid.

Second, no one was contesting this point (mostly because no one cares). Obama is not running. So, it sounded more like rote memorization than a carefully crafted way to get your point across. He could have varied it a bit -- but he didn't. He said the same words over again four times.

Third, Christie had telegraphed all week long that this was the avenue of attack he was going to take -- and Rubio, instead of heading it off, walked into the trap.

Bottom line: he's a moron. I'm glad that he's not running for reelection for his Senate seat. What a dufus.

by Anonymousreply 107February 9, 2016 1:07 AM

The best republican candidate is Hillary, and she's running Democratic!

by Anonymousreply 108February 9, 2016 1:17 AM

R108, also a dufus.

by Anonymousreply 109February 9, 2016 1:31 AM

The things that come out of Marco's mouth are stunning.

He wants to "restore" the military, while in fact, it's still the largest military in the world. It's larger than the next seven countries' militaries combined!

by Anonymousreply 110February 15, 2016 11:41 PM

Republicans candidates today operate under the belief that the truthfulness of their statements really doesn't matter. They completely make shit up, and they get away with it. It used to be that politicians would express different understandings of the facts. Now, the Republicans just make up their own "facts".

by Anonymousreply 111February 15, 2016 11:47 PM

[quote] He wants to "restore" the military

Pity then that Rubio, the lying sack of shit, never actually served in the military.

by Anonymousreply 112February 16, 2016 12:13 AM

NO to JEB, Cruz, Rubio. and Carson.

by Anonymousreply 113February 16, 2016 1:09 AM

R111, well, their hero Reagan said: "Facts are stupid things."

by Anonymousreply 114February 16, 2016 2:18 AM

R114, I wish it were true, but I think that's a joke.

by Anonymousreply 115February 16, 2016 1:14 PM

Rubio's tax plan is an unrealistic plan to bribe voters by bankrupting the treasury. And the wealthiest get the biggest breaks, of course, as usual. How is he going to finance his fantasy of a ginormous military if he cuts taxes like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116February 16, 2016 2:37 PM

[quote]How is he going to finance his fantasy of a ginormous military if he cuts taxes like this?

You put it on the national credit card, silly!

by Anonymousreply 117February 16, 2016 2:42 PM

R110 "The things that come out of Marco's mouth are stunning."

If you think that's shocking, wait until you hear about the things that have gone in it.

by Anonymousreply 118February 16, 2016 2:50 PM

Those Christians love a story of redemption, though. He has four kids. He'll get a pass, I think. I long as there are no photos of him enjoying himself too much.

by Anonymousreply 119February 16, 2016 8:22 PM

If he was Gay and doing foam parties and all, there should be boyfriends and selfies and vacation photos and other photos, right?

by Anonymousreply 120February 16, 2016 10:16 PM

I just heard this liar talking about "rebuilding our military", when our military is bigger than the next 7 to 10 country's militaries combined. He went on about it. It drives me nuts when he misleads the public like that. He has a good chance of being the next President, too. A serial liar. It's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 121February 21, 2016 1:22 AM

They all think they are the next coming of Reagan, so Marco is working on his acting skills because Reagan was an actor.

by Anonymousreply 122February 21, 2016 1:26 AM

And r122 brings us full circle to OP!

by Anonymousreply 123February 21, 2016 1:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!