Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The weekend white trash demographic menu ...

tuna potato chip casserole

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2020 4:07 PM

I made something similar a few nights ago. It was a slow cooker recipe called German Pork Casserole and the ingredients looked disgusting: sauerkraut mixed with cream of potato soup, a bit of water, thyme and Worcestershire sauce . . . I thought that I'd never be able to eat it. However I served it over some homemade spatzle and it was really, really good! That was the first casserole-type thingy that I've made in years.

by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2015 12:52 AM

Well color me White trash. I just made it last weekend. Except I use a can of those fried onions. Mmmm Mmmmm love it.

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2015 1:48 AM

R2 Colored People cannot be "white trash" it's ethnically impossible

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2015 1:53 AM

I made swiss steak with cream of mushroom soup and added some sauteed onions and mushrooms to it along with some herbs and seasonings. Total white trash meal but it turned out great.

by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2015 2:02 AM

I prefer the chicken and potato chip casserole...you make it with cheese and rice.

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2015 2:13 AM

Every once in a while I get an embarrassing craving for tuna noodle casserole. I make it, pig out, throw out the rest and wait for the evil to strike again next year.

I love those trashy little sausage-cheese balls, I could eat a few dozen of them.

by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2015 2:23 AM

Tater Tot Casserole:

1 can Cream of Mushroom soup

1 lb of ground hamburger

1 bag tater tots

shredded cheddar cheese

1 onion soup mix package

Brown hamburger meat. Add cream of mushroom soup and onion soup dry mix and stir together then let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Place mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish. Lay tater tots until they fully cover the top of the mixture. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour to 90 minutes, or until meat is cooked and tater tots are beginning to crisp. While it is hot, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and watch it melt into a hot mess.

If you want an ethnic meal, add corn to the hamburger meat and black olives on top.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2015 2:44 AM

What is a "demographic" menu?

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2015 2:51 AM

Don't forget your Moon Pie for dessert. You can wash it down with some RC Cola.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2015 3:08 AM

The grossest part of all those recipes is that they're all excessively high fat, high sodium, high cholesterol, high calorie.

No wonder people who eat like that on a regular basis are unhealthy and fat.

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2015 3:15 AM

R10 Flash, gordon.

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2015 3:16 AM

That looks revolting OP.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2020 3:32 PM

TBH most casseroles are trash

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2020 3:34 PM

Over quarantine when people were still fighting in the grocery stores over food, I made a chicken pasta casserole with Cheez-Its on top as a crust, just to use ingredients I had on hand and to avoid going out for groceries. I ate exactly two portions and had to throw the rest away...it was a salty mess, and not in a good/guilty pleasure way.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2020 3:40 PM

My older brother makes a potato chip casserole that is to die for . Its always in demand at family gatherings. Yes,we are white trash.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2020 4:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!