Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Opposite of Sex

In my opinion, this was the breakthrough movie that made it possible for hets to go to movies with gays in them without feeling creepy.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2020 9:50 PM

I loved it

by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2015 1:15 AM

Never seen it in its entirety, just bits here and there. I need to remind myself to watch it some time.

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2015 1:18 AM

That's nice that you have an opinion, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2015 1:20 AM

I watched it recently after not seeing it for years. Didn't hold up at all.

by Anonymousreply 4October 7, 2015 1:22 AM

I saw it a number of times in the theater. I thought it was incredible. It was funny and touching, and I loved it. I haven't seen it since it opened, and I just the other day wondered what the director was up to. He's, apparently, writing and directing a tv show, the name of which escapes me. I have no idea if the show is a hit or any good, because I don't have a tv. For his sake, I hope his career is thriving, and I'm thankful that he had a chance to make such a wonderful movie.

by Anonymousreply 5October 7, 2015 1:25 AM

When Christina Ricci's character asked her half-brother's HOT Russian boyfriend: "you never knew your dad...don't you think this is a strange way to make up for that?" I laughed out loud. I ran into Don Roos (sp?) the writer at a Hollywood thing years later, you wrote that I asked? Yes, he replied.

"Thanks. Thanks a lot. I haven't been able to have a relationship because of that line!" He laughed.

by Anonymousreply 6October 7, 2015 1:29 AM

Don Roos was a one hit wonder. Everything he's done since this has flopped. His husband is responsible for Web Therapy, but that only works because of Lisa Kudrow.

by Anonymousreply 7October 7, 2015 1:32 AM

Trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 7, 2015 1:35 AM

TMZ making fun of Ivan Sergei

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 7, 2015 1:40 AM

Listen to me, you little grunge faggot. I survived my family, my schoolyard, every Republican, every other Democrat, Anita Bryant, the Pope, the fucking Christian Coalition, not to mention a real son of a bitch of a virus, in case you haven't noticed. In all that time since Paul Lynde and Truman Capote were the only fairies in America, I've been busting my ass so that you'd be able to do what you wanted with yours! So I don't just want your obedience right now - which I do want and plenty of it - but I want your fucking gratitude, right fucking now, or you're going to be looking down a long road at your nipple in the dirt! Do you hear what I'm saying?

by Anonymousreply 10October 7, 2015 1:55 AM

That's how I always felt around you too, like the Baroness in The Sound of Music. While everybody's just singing and climbing an Alp. And I just wanna STUFF THAT GUITAR UP THAT NUN'S ASS! And... ugh!

by Anonymousreply 11October 7, 2015 1:56 AM

My mother was the kind of mother who always said she was her daughter's best friend. Whenever she did, I thought, "Great! Not only do I have a shitty mother, but my best friend's a loser bitch!"

by Anonymousreply 12October 7, 2015 2:04 AM

R6 I don't get it?

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2020 9:35 PM

Lisa Kudrow got the NYC film Critics award and there was Oscar Buzz. She was certainly more deserving that Dame Judi, who won for being ribbed the previous year, in a role she could do hungover and half comatose.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2020 9:50 PM

*robbed (for Mrs Brown)

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2020 9:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!