Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hillary gives full-throated support of LGBT rights

NY TImes: "WASHINGTON — In a forceful speech on Saturday to an influential gay rights group, Hillary Rodham Clinton reaffirmed her support for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Americans.... " (see link for rest of story)

Can we now put to rest all the stupid "Hillary didn't always love gay marriage so doesn't really support us" nonsense?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2020 1:45 AM

For those who complain that she stood by while her hubby signed anti-gay legislation:

from same article:

"Mrs. Clinton has in recent years rejected two policies from her husband’s administration that were seen as setting back the gay rights movement — a position she reiterated on Saturday.

“ ‘Don’t ask, don’t tell’ is over,” Mrs. Clinton said about the legislation enacted by her husband that prevented gays and lesbians from openly serving in the military. “But that doesn’t change the fact that more than 14,000 men and women were forced out of the military for being gay.”

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2015 3:04 PM

Over-the-hill Hill cops a plea.

by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2015 3:06 PM

Even if she didn't at one point.. she clearly changed her mind. I'm not saying Hillary is perfect. But the thing is.. Obama was against gay marriage for many years too. All of that was forgotten when he announced that his view on gay marriage had "evolved". Nobody questioned Obama then, so why do it with Hillary now?

by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2015 3:08 PM

Where the fuck was she then when her help was actually needed? Thanks for nothing, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2015 3:10 PM

R4, as Secretary of State, she was the first to link gay rights to human rights and made it a central part of American's international influence.

She came out in support of gay marriage before it was legal, pushing others to lend support.

Sorry, she didn't do it on your timeline.

by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2015 3:15 PM

Of course we're all waiting for EVEN ONE of the many GOP presidential candidates to say ANYTHING in support of gay people.

NOT A WORD in support of gay marriage or even making it illegal to fire someone because they're gay. Heck, the GOP fought for years against making gay-bashing a hate crime. It wasn't until we had a Democratic Congress again that this was passed.

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2015 3:17 PM

Why is legislating the nonsense that delusional men are actually women supposed to be pro-gay?

Hillary presumably supports "transing" effeminate gay kids. Honestly, I'd just about rather vote for Huckabee. At least he isn't trying to make us extinct.

by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2015 3:36 PM

[quote]Sorry, she didn't do it on your timeline.

I'll thank her by voting for her in 2017.

by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2015 3:44 PM

R8 , who you voting for in 2016? That great supporter of gay rights Donald Trump?

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2015 3:53 PM

R7, you think Huckabee doesn't want us extinct? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2015 3:53 PM

What about her deep throated support?

by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2015 3:57 PM

Yes, I am sure all of the Republican candidates have fully supported us for decades.

by Anonymousreply 12October 5, 2015 3:58 PM

Hillary would have sold every gay man and lesbian down the river in 2008 if that would have gotten her elected President.

She is a follower not a leader on gay issues. Her place is at the back of our bus.

A prostitute is welcome in church any Sunday morning, but she doesn't get to lead the choir the first day she shows up.

by Anonymousreply 13October 5, 2015 4:09 PM

[quote]What about her deep throated support?

Hill doesn't do deep throat. Monica does.

by Anonymousreply 14October 5, 2015 4:14 PM

I think it is wonderful she is now our ally.

by Anonymousreply 15October 5, 2015 4:35 PM

Full-throated? Good thing those tampons have strings attached and I hope she gave the hooker a good tip. Oops I mean he...sorry mister

by Anonymousreply 16October 10, 2015 5:25 AM

Gays are often so damaged, they beg their enemies for "acceptance" which they seem to crave yet never get, and piss on their allies of whom they are forever suspicious. Must be all the meth.

by Anonymousreply 17October 11, 2015 3:26 AM

[quote] A prostitute is welcome in church any Sunday morning, but she doesn't get to lead the choir the first day she shows up.

Clever metaphor r13. I may steal this.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2020 1:39 AM

OP says "LGBT" rights, while the NYT article he links only says "transgender" rights.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2020 1:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!