Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Famed Soloflex model sentenced to prison for embezzling from uncle's Vancouver business

To his fans, former Soloflex model Scott Madsen is an Adonis whose muscular frame remains popular viewing on YouTube and Web sites such as hunkdujour.com.

But in the eyes of the law, he's an embezzler.

U.S. District Judge Michael W. Mosman in Portland sentenced Madsen today to two years in prison for siphoning nearly $250,000 from his uncle's small mortgage company in Vancouver.

In the early 1980s, an infomercial depicted Madsen -- sporting a red headband, tight red shorts and red swooshes on his Nikes -- as he put a Soloflex machine through its paces. His body of modeling work, including videos of that workout and black and white stills of him throwing a discus in the buff, still abounds on the Internet.

But Madsen himself, now 48, vanished from the public view, causing many to question what became of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 30, 2016 2:01 AM

He'll be the most popular guy in prison!

by Anonymousreply 1September 20, 2015 6:36 PM

OP This is FIVE YEARS OLD.

by Anonymousreply 2September 20, 2015 6:37 PM

He was very hot

by Anonymousreply 3September 20, 2015 6:38 PM

Huh ...never heard this before. Weird that it happened five years ago.

Who knows? No, really ...who knew ??

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2015 6:22 AM

So now we know who the nephew troll was.

by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2015 7:08 AM

Please let him be fat.

by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2015 7:22 AM

This Soloflex shot of Madsen helped make me gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2015 8:20 AM

No mugshot?

by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2015 9:06 AM

Ummmm, r2, there is a thread about Mamie Eisenhower's hair so this is pretty much 5 seconds ago by DL standards. At least this guy is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 9September 21, 2015 9:58 AM

No part of him will be experiencing a 'solo flex' in prison.

by Anonymousreply 10September 21, 2015 11:56 AM

he must be so old because I am an eldergay. I remember be quite young and he was making a calendar signing appearance at some gift shop (book shop?) on Castro Street. That must have been at least 50 years ago. :)

by Anonymousreply 11September 21, 2015 12:18 PM

He was so hot

by Anonymousreply 12January 29, 2016 8:18 PM

I was gonna say - I didn't know he was merely 16 when doing the 1983 Soloflex commercials (if he was 48 as stated in the article in 2016 that is - then I saw the story is 5 years old and he'd be around 53 today). I searched and couldn't find a single picture of him recently or past his heyday at all for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 13January 29, 2016 9:12 PM

Interesting .... not much of a mention about Scott after 2011 and no pictures anywhere besides his 1980s Soloflex/poster book stuff.

by Anonymousreply 14January 30, 2016 2:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!