Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's be Anna Wintour

Oooh, I'm so haughty and difficult to please!

by Anonymousreply 34March 6, 2018 8:53 PM

Oooh let's be all snooty and put the Kardashian Wests on the cover

by Anonymousreply 1September 20, 2015 5:23 PM

I'm the Conde Nast bathroom in which she cut a fart loud enough to be heard throughout the floor of the building. Nobody said anything because they knew the consequences of doing so.

by Anonymousreply 2September 20, 2015 5:28 PM

I'm the large closet full of bobbed wigs, eerily reminiscent of Princess Langwidere's roomful of heads from the Oz books.

by Anonymousreply 3September 20, 2015 5:38 PM

"If one more child asks me where my oompaloompahs are I'm going to find Johnny Depp and stick a knife in his eye!"

-Stolen from another poster years ago

by Anonymousreply 4September 20, 2015 7:02 PM

I'm the gay male editorial assistant with the extra long finger to help Ms. Wintour regurgitate her salad greens after lunch with Si Newhouse.

My name is Jaecyn.

by Anonymousreply 5September 20, 2015 7:17 PM

R3, don't forget those ugly sandals like Grandma wore back in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 6September 20, 2015 7:30 PM

I'm the crepey upper arms she exposes in sleeveless dresses, caught mercilessly in blinding catwalk flash photography.

by Anonymousreply 7September 20, 2015 7:34 PM

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, rides in the same elevator as me!

by Anonymousreply 8September 20, 2015 8:24 PM

I wonder if she will ever retire before she dies. No one will hate retirement as much as she will--she has so many weird perks.

by Anonymousreply 9September 20, 2015 8:25 PM

I'm the grudges that she doesn't hold.

by Anonymousreply 10September 20, 2015 8:32 PM

Thisssss... Sssstuff? What you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise, it's not lapis. It's actually cerulean.

by Anonymousreply 11September 20, 2015 8:45 PM

I'm the attitude that I put on and remove like all of my garments because the world expects it from me and I've become a caricature.

by Anonymousreply 12September 20, 2015 10:39 PM

I am Sarah Jessica Parker's living room. I was decorated in shabby chic. SJP held a fundraiser for Barack Obama and when Ms. Wintour visited me, she immediately had all of my furniture carted out and more stylish furniture brought in. Barack Obama was not about to see me in shabby chic.

by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2015 11:02 PM

never met her, of course, but i'm pretty sure she's a talented woman surrounded by airheads, bimbos, incompetents and "artistes". No wonder she's always irritated and bored to death.

by Anonymousreply 14September 20, 2015 11:21 PM

I have met her, r14 (we have a relative in common). She's nicer than she is given credit for. But she is amazingly stupid. Not model stupid. But just not well-informed.

by Anonymousreply 15September 20, 2015 11:26 PM

I was pleasant and generous to this young man at a fashion shoot in 1992 and in consequence he's never considered me a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 16September 20, 2015 11:30 PM

give us an exemple of her stupidity, R15

by Anonymousreply 17September 20, 2015 11:32 PM

You know, I'm feeling a bit peckish. Bring me the soul of another baby for lunch!

by Anonymousreply 18September 21, 2015 12:13 AM

R15 lets me think she might have Aspergers syndrome: hyper-focused and skilled on a narrow range of things (fashion, style) and unaware of the rest of the world.

Is she socially akward R15?

by Anonymousreply 19September 21, 2015 3:40 PM

How many people know I dropped out of North London Collegiate School at 15? High school dropout! But look at me now.

by Anonymousreply 20October 7, 2015 4:41 AM

Don't tell them that my mummy was American. Even worse I got H & G cancelled before I got the Vogue position. Just because I change my mind every ten seconds doesn't mean that I'm a capricious cunt.

by Anonymousreply 21October 7, 2015 4:56 AM

[quote]She's nicer than she is given credit for. But she is amazingly stupid.

Everyone that works in the fashion business is amazingly stupid....Incredibly lucky to be making the money they make, but amazingly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 22October 7, 2015 5:13 AM

I'm r14, her apologist!

by Anonymousreply 23October 7, 2015 5:22 AM

I'm beautiful!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 7, 2015 6:31 AM

Who?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 7, 2015 7:30 AM

R19, that would explain why she gets on so well with Kanye West.

by Anonymousreply 26October 7, 2015 8:12 AM

I'm the tacky, old lady-ish beige strappy sandals she always wears.

by Anonymousreply 27October 7, 2015 10:11 AM

Have never understood why she is untouchable. She is responsible for the cheapening of the Vogue brand by putting ridiculous celebrities and flashes-in-the pan on the covers. When it was announced that she was in charge of bringing glamour to the Tony Awards this past year by inviting the current slate of non-entities as red carpet guests and by dressing some of the presenters, it turned me off so completely, I switched channels.

by Anonymousreply 28October 7, 2015 2:14 PM

R9, did you mean "weird perks" or "weird quirks?" Either way, please describe further, especially if they are "perks."

R15, I'm also interested in your comments. Can you explain further. Also, how is she nicer than portrayed?

There's the old saying, "You're only as good as the people that report to you." She's survived a long time to be considered so inept and vacuous, according to this thread. How has she managed?

by Anonymousreply 29October 7, 2015 2:38 PM

I'm the high school diploma she never got.

by Anonymousreply 30March 6, 2018 8:19 PM

I’m Anna’s sense of humor. I actually do exist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 6, 2018 8:41 PM

I am a fraud.

by Anonymousreply 32March 6, 2018 8:42 PM

Im one of her secret lesbian friends

by Anonymousreply 33March 6, 2018 8:47 PM

Did you just get laid off, R30? Is that why you're bumping all these old Anna threads?

by Anonymousreply 34March 6, 2018 8:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!