Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hungarian TV camerawoman fired for tripping Syrian migrants

[bold]Funny story about those new buddies of yours...

Petra Lazlo, working for local TV station N1TV, run by the anti-immigration far-Right Jobbik party, caught on camera kicking refugees fleeing a camp [/bold]

A Hungarian camerawoman has been fired after being filmed deliberately tripping up a Syrian refugee carrying a child as they ran away from police near the Serbian border.

Petra Laszlo, working for local TV station N1TV, which is run by the anti-immigration far-Right Jobbik party, was caught on camera kicking refugees, including a young girl, who were fleeing a camp.

Another cameraman captured the moment Ms Laszlo films the refugees running away from charging police officers at the border village of Roszke before sticking her leg out as a father carrying his son runs past, causing them both to fall to the ground.

The video was widely shared on social media after it was posted by German reporter Stephan Richter on Twitter, with many condemning Ms Laszlo's behaviour.

The station issued a statement on Tuesday, saying: "The N1TV colleagues today behaved unacceptably in Roszke collection point. Our working relationship with the camerawoman has ended. The case was considered closed our part."

Several hundred migrants broke through police lines at the tense main border crossing with Serbia on Tuesday.

The migrants were part of a group of 1,500 people who had been waiting for hours at a refugee collection point near the Roszke crossing, the first stop before people are brought to a registration camp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 5, 2021 6:38 AM

The West has to overcome its self-hate and halt this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 9, 2015 12:08 PM

Pointless and irrelevant, R1.

Nice try to change the subject, though.

by Anonymousreply 2September 9, 2015 12:18 PM

[R1]This is great, European leaders are intelligent and will soon decipher this secret sign..Probably a peace sign from some ancient tradition

by Anonymousreply 3September 9, 2015 12:19 PM

[r1] Yes. Such great cultural enrichment is coming to Europe by millions of Muslim invaders. They come only to bless our people.

by Anonymousreply 4September 9, 2015 12:19 PM

On an NPR program yesterday I heard a migrant woman being interviewed in Germany. It was a story about the beginning of the school year in Germany. She said she wanted the German government to teach her son the German language and to give him the knowledge he would need to be successful.

She had been in Germany for four days.

by Anonymousreply 5September 9, 2015 12:30 PM

Are there any refugees fleeing to any other Middle-Eastern or North African countries? No? Wonder why....

by Anonymousreply 6September 9, 2015 12:53 PM

R5 What mother doesn't want her son to be successful? I would have been far more impressed if she had said that she wanted her son to learn about diversity, tolerance and to live in peace with those different from him.

by Anonymousreply 7September 9, 2015 1:05 PM

She's a DLer, right?

by Anonymousreply 8September 9, 2015 1:13 PM

[quote]She's a DLer, right?

She's the Patron Saint of Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 9September 9, 2015 1:17 PM

This lady is SO FUCKIN' AWESOME. I would give her money if she had one of those beggin' accounts.

She showed them a thing or two AND provided great entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 10September 9, 2015 2:14 PM

[quote]Are there any refugees fleeing to any other Middle-Eastern or North African countries? No? Wonder why....

Why did you answer your own question incorrectly? Significant numbers of Syrian refugees are in Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan and Egypt.

And it's hardly surprising that people who can afford it would try to get away from the terrible conditions found in refugee camps in those locations. Would you want your children to have access to good schools or health care, or have them educated under a tree or treated in an unsanitized tent?

by Anonymousreply 11September 9, 2015 2:38 PM

The problem is that most of the "refugees" are neither Syrian nor refugees.

Most of them are economic migrants from Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Iraq and more. More than 75 per cent of them are young men, moreover.

As they have destroyed all identification, how many of them are terrorist, because you can bet your booties than some of them have managed to sneak in.

Europe will pay dearly for this. Putin must be laughing his ass off.

by Anonymousreply 12September 9, 2015 2:46 PM

[quote]Significant numbers of Syrian refugees are in Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan and Egypt.

And Lebanon. The extent of "care" by these countries is limited to grudgingly allowing refugees on their territory. All care - food, clothing, housing, etc. - is provided by UN refugee agencies and Western NGOs.

[quote]Would you want your children to have access to good schools or health care, or have them educated under a tree or treated in an unsanitized tent?

I would want my child to be educated in his own language and culture, rather than a foreign language/ culture whose values are diametrically opposed to mine.

by Anonymousreply 13September 9, 2015 2:55 PM

We have an opening! Call us, Petra!

by Anonymousreply 14September 9, 2015 3:03 PM

[quote]The problem is that most of the "refugees" are neither Syrian nor refugees.

Prove it, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 15September 9, 2015 3:16 PM

I laughed my ass off. Good job, lady.

by Anonymousreply 16September 9, 2015 3:25 PM

We need to start a Datalounge awards. This woman should get an award I love her.

by Anonymousreply 17September 9, 2015 3:29 PM

Even for Datalounge, there seems to be an excessive number of self-medicating lunatics posting today.

by Anonymousreply 18September 9, 2015 3:52 PM

She ended up getting probation for this, y'all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 5, 2021 4:15 AM

r15

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 5, 2021 4:23 AM

Oh I didn't even see this was from 2015, I imagine r15 has caught up by now, apologies, all.

by Anonymousreply 21May 5, 2021 4:29 AM

I'm not wild about muslims flooding the west, but eastern Europeans are like flilthy swine like animals themselves. Why hasn't covid run through there and killed a few million off? We'd be much better off without them.

by Anonymousreply 22May 5, 2021 4:29 AM

R19: Start a new fucking thread if you want people to respond. POS.

by Anonymousreply 23May 5, 2021 6:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!