Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Datalounge icon, New Zealand singer, Wing, announces retirement

Most of you have not been posting long enough to remember this Datalonge phenom. Back in the 90s, she was a popular thread topic. She started out entertaining seniors in various nursing homes throughout New Zealand and gradually built a following eventually to become known internationally. Well, she recently announced her retirement on her website . She will not be recording any more CDs after this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 6, 2015 5:32 PM

That's sad news :(

by Anonymousreply 1September 5, 2015 5:19 PM

WHO????

by Anonymousreply 2September 5, 2015 5:21 PM

Her Chinese cousin is named "Wang."

by Anonymousreply 3September 5, 2015 5:22 PM

Her Tasmanian uncle is named Ping.

by Anonymousreply 4September 5, 2015 5:31 PM

I need therapy.

by Anonymousreply 5September 5, 2015 6:42 PM

Tis a sad day, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 6September 5, 2015 6:59 PM

Sum Tong Wing!

by Anonymousreply 7September 5, 2015 7:03 PM

Aww, sad news. Honestly I'd forgotten about Wing and had no idea she was still around. People made fun of her but her heart was in the right place and she seemed like a sweet lady.

by Anonymousreply 8September 5, 2015 7:09 PM

Her rise to popularity was purely occidental.

by Anonymousreply 9September 6, 2015 12:12 AM

She's the Mrs. Miller of the Pacific Rim!

by Anonymousreply 10September 6, 2015 12:16 AM

[quote]Most of you have not been posting long enough to remember this Datalonge phenom.

I've been on DL since it's inception and I've never heard of your pretend DL "phenom".

Step away from the crackpipe.

by Anonymousreply 11September 6, 2015 3:22 PM

[quote]She's the Mrs. Miller of the Pacific Rim!

No, no! I no rim! Dirty! Nasty! Only whores do.

by Anonymousreply 12September 6, 2015 4:55 PM

Well, she was no Wang Dang Doodle!

by Anonymousreply 13September 6, 2015 5:14 PM

What, no Broadway run? I was hoping she would play Hello Dolly or Mame. At least appear in a Roundabout production.

At least we can anticipate her life story played by Meryl Streep.

by Anonymousreply 14September 6, 2015 5:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!