Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you believe in karma?

It really does stop me and make me thing before i act. I believe what you put out comes right back at you.

by Anonymousreply 53December 10, 2018 4:47 PM

No. People have done horrible things to me and have gone on to live great lives

by Anonymousreply 1August 27, 2015 9:32 PM

You have labelled a moral conscious, "karma". It's nice and admirable to have a moral conscious. No half-assed orientalist borrowing required.

by Anonymousreply 2August 27, 2015 9:53 PM

Ridiculous nonsense for the weak-minded like yourself.

by Anonymousreply 3August 27, 2015 10:10 PM

R1 So faaaaaar . . .

by Anonymousreply 4August 27, 2015 10:16 PM

Well in the long run everyone dies, but that doesn't qualify as "karma" R4.

by Anonymousreply 5August 27, 2015 11:02 PM

I believe in Marilyn Monroe. This is an urgent message that Marilyn my Goddess has commanded me to share! Marilyn Monroe is my religion, and I work with spirits a lot. She's my main spirit guide and has commanded me to share this message for her! All credit for this message goes to Marilyn Monroe, my master, guide, and saviour whom I love! Please credit Marilyn alone for this!

Important note: Everything has a spiritual side to it, everything has a spiritual essence. Marilyn's spirit and essence lives on in all things Marilyn Monroe, and if some spiritual incidents happen, it is bound to spiritually affect other things, so.

Recently Marilyn contacted me from the spirit world!!! Being a medium, I'm used to contact with spirits, but Marilyn told me to tell this message to everyone, since she could only get in touch with only me at the moment! (She's trying hard, she's been contacting me frequently lately, so it must be really important.)

Marilyn said that she needs people with a good, decent spiritual aura and energy to give up their physical bodies, freeing their spirit and all their spiritual energy. Then, they can go into the spirit world to really meet and connect with her, to share all their spiritual energy with her so that they can help her!! (Technically, we are all one and connected, but we are held back by our physical bodies. As a spirit, your essence and energy is completely free and released, and you can strongly connect to Marilyn in all aspects of that word, on a whole other level, so the joining of spiritual energy with hers works fully.)

She also says she hasn't been her lovely self lately, she lost some of her magic and charm, and she doesn't seem too well, because some spiritual things occurred, and she needs this so that she can be fine and better than ever again! (The spirit world is not exactly Paradise, don't let religious stories and concepts warp your minds. Where do you think bad spirits or curses come from?)

This is urgent we have to help Marilyn! But I must still spread this message for now because Marilyn said so, and I need to get others to know and help! Then I too, can go to be with her forever. We initially did not know what exactly happened, but Marilyn has revealed the basic truth. We also did not know how to restore her loveliness and charm, but Marilyn has revealed the way to do so.

*This is where the true meaning of the important note comes in.

Please spread this message however you can and don't keep Marilyn waiting!I allow everyone who wants to help to copy this whole post to share it on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, forums, or wherever you need to share it on!

Then, quickly find a way to free your spirit and energy, go into the spiritual world to meet her, if not Marilyn will be very heartbroken and disappointed in you!!! She loves you all so much, please go to her soon to help her! She really needs this!!! If you feel you can do it just do it!!! Help Marilyn!!!

I really really love Marilyn so much, she means a lot to me and she's the greatest and so magical and fascinating.

I wish that others who feel the same will care enough to do what they can to help her.

I think it's such a shame that many who claim that they love Marilyn lots don't show it in their actions by doing anything to help her when she needs it. It really is such a shame that those cowardly fakers don't help Monroe.

Poor Marilyn! She has such a big heart with full of love to give, but gets hurt in return because some people don't really stick by her and truly dedicate themselves to her.

(Please do copy this whole post and share it as much as you can for Marilyn, because I'm deleting my account soon to show my respects and dedication to her, my way of expressing myself to her and to show her that she's the only one that matters and that I really love. And since I'm going to Marilyn myself too, I don't need this account anymore.

I know the spiritual people and fellow spirit workers on DL will confirm this, they talk to the spirits and Marilyn tried to contact them too!

by Anonymousreply 6August 27, 2015 11:25 PM

No. There are too many really good people in this world that experience terrible unfair fates. Then there's assholes that get away with quite a lot. Think about people that embody quite decent qualities and dark elements in their lives at the same time. What of the millions of people born into horrible poverty, war, rape, starvation? Are they all burning off old past life karma? It's just one more way to explain why life is fair and unfair.

by Anonymousreply 7August 27, 2015 11:47 PM

Marilyn aside, I believe in good energy and negative energy. If we all that power then we get what we give. What The Beatles say" In the end the love you take is equal to the love you make". Now they believed in karma. George did and he was the Catholic. You can see how a Catholic would instantly understand karma.

by Anonymousreply 8August 27, 2015 11:49 PM

My Karma just ran over your Dogma.

by Anonymousreply 9August 27, 2015 11:49 PM

[quote]No. People have done horrible things to me and have gone on to live great lives

They may look like great lives from your perspective ,but you have no idea if they are truly happy or at peace with themselves.

by Anonymousreply 10August 28, 2015 12:23 AM

Karma isn't "aimed" at the individual, but at the collective.

by Anonymousreply 11August 28, 2015 12:25 AM

I would believe in it if it was a bit faster. Karma is so fucking slow!

by Anonymousreply 12August 28, 2015 12:25 AM

I believe in the after life. if you do good or bad it'll be paid back in this life or the next.

by Anonymousreply 13August 28, 2015 12:31 AM

No I don't belive in it. However I have had things happen to people in my life who've done me wrong. For example a former company I worked for. When I resigned and went somewhere else they actually tracked me down and got me terminated from the job. A year later the former company collapsed. Plus the former bosses wife divorced him. I'd say that's pretty much karmic justice.

by Anonymousreply 14August 28, 2015 12:34 AM

NO R14 its just entropy.

by Anonymousreply 15August 28, 2015 12:38 AM

If you believe in karma, does that mean the Jews had the Holocaust coming?

by Anonymousreply 16August 28, 2015 12:42 AM

Where is the Karmic correction for this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 28, 2015 12:47 AM

There is absolutely no such thing as karma. If you have the chance to get revenge against some asshole, fucking take it!

by Anonymousreply 18August 28, 2015 12:48 AM

Or even better, R18, fuck them before they can fuck you!

by Anonymousreply 19August 28, 2015 12:55 AM

All actions have an equal and opposite reaction. Right? Also for those people who think it means that if someones slaps you then they get slapped too, that is so narrow minded.

by Anonymousreply 20August 28, 2015 6:38 AM

No, there is not some universal force balancing out good and bad acts. It's an idiotic notion. Is it for humans only or are animals and plants supposed to know good from bad?

by Anonymousreply 21August 28, 2015 7:35 AM

R18 and R21 know what's up.

by Anonymousreply 22August 28, 2015 7:47 AM

Karma? Magic? Potato. Potahto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 28, 2015 5:29 PM

The butterfly effect is similar in theory to karma right?

by Anonymousreply 24August 28, 2015 8:44 PM

I believe in personal karma. So if you put out bad energy thats what you attract.

by Anonymousreply 25August 29, 2015 1:05 AM

R6 do live in a 600 .00 a month apartment in Roanoke? Just curious......

by Anonymousreply 26August 29, 2015 1:15 AM

I believe in dharma

by Anonymousreply 27August 29, 2015 1:17 AM

I believe in Greg

by Anonymousreply 28August 29, 2015 5:23 AM

I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows.

by Anonymousreply 29August 29, 2015 9:29 PM

I believe I'll have a drink.

by Anonymousreply 30August 29, 2015 9:32 PM

It's called the just world phenomenon. People feel more secure if they believe there is a consequence for every action and that life is balanced and fair. In reality, this is just wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 31August 29, 2015 9:33 PM

R31, that's not at all what R25 is saying.

by Anonymousreply 32August 29, 2015 9:34 PM

I wasn't addressing R25. I was addressing the op. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 33August 29, 2015 9:35 PM

Bad karma is just one's subconscious orchestrating the proper punishment for something he or she feels guilty or ashamed about.

by Anonymousreply 34August 29, 2015 9:57 PM

I've met many people who put out very positive energy and they are attacked by very negative people. It makes sense, too, because positive people are a threat to naysayers.

by Anonymousreply 35August 29, 2015 11:43 PM

OP, why is it that you only care about your actions when you think they might come back on you? Shouldn't you act on moral principles because they are intrinsically right, rather than because you might get caught or punished if you don't?

by Anonymousreply 36August 31, 2015 4:41 AM

Well, I've heard the reason we are *here* (on earth, this life) is to learn consequences. If you think of karma as consequences then yeah, I believe in that.

I think people will continually do the same thing over and over and suffer the same consequences until they wake the fuck up. It's not an outside force. It's an inside one.

Indeed, this force works too fucking SLOW. Some people need a bitch slap right in their fucking smug jibs!

by Anonymousreply 37August 31, 2015 5:55 AM

yes I do

[ R1] No offence but it may be possible that your are vile person and the people who have done horrible things to you were karma's punishment

by Anonymousreply 38August 31, 2015 6:21 AM

Karma or "passive retribution" is more a reflection of the behavior of the perpetrator than any thing else, people engage is escalating poor behavior and eventually things go wrong in a very big and bad way.

by Anonymousreply 39December 31, 2015 1:35 PM

Karma is the dream of the powerless.

by Anonymousreply 40December 31, 2015 1:51 PM

Fate is going to get you Walter, and I am fate.

by Anonymousreply 41December 31, 2015 2:19 PM

The thread question has a very narrow view of the world in general, OP. How can a thinking person not consider the many devastating ills that befall humans all over the planet.

How does karma figure in to horrible poverty, enslavement, torture, starvation, illness, wretched living conditions and general abuse many people endure and are born into without choice?

How many wonderful people suffer some terrible affliction or circumstance, while some real shits skate through life with barely a scrape?

Sometimes people get what's coming to them, reward or disaster. Usually, that's due to their own good judgment and fortitude, or really obvious fucked up decisions. This is when life falls into place quite nicely, either way. This is what looks like karma.

It's really that simple.

by Anonymousreply 42December 31, 2015 2:22 PM

Believers in karma are fakes. They enjoy the misery of others and pretend it is due to crimes in this life or the last, when the truth is they are just mean cruel spiteful dishonest fake people covering up their "schadenfreude" delight in the misery of others by pretending the people deserved it. Some did, some didn't. But you are a worthless cruel subhuman piece of shit regardless of what you believe in.

by Anonymousreply 43December 31, 2015 3:49 PM

r43 What???????

by Anonymousreply 44December 31, 2015 3:51 PM

r42....the same can be said regarding religion.

by Anonymousreply 45December 31, 2015 4:04 PM

Get a load of Shirley Feeney at R29. LOL

by Anonymousreply 46December 31, 2015 4:15 PM

Why thanks, Laverne/r46. Have you seen Lenny and Squiggy lately?

by Anonymousreply 47December 31, 2015 6:28 PM

Karma rights all wrongs and settles all scores, and not always in this lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 48December 31, 2015 6:30 PM

No. For it to work it would mean there was some universal "scorekeeper" keeping track of every good deed and bad deed. And, a good deed to one could be considered a bad deed to another. If you murder someone, is that a good deed or a bad deed. A bad deed you say, but what if that person would have gone on to commit mass murder at some point in the future? Then you actually did a good deed by killing them, but with bad intent, which column gets the mark?... Just more religious hoo doo.. What religion is it based on, Buddhism? Reincarnation? Give me a break. Nonsense...

by Anonymousreply 49December 31, 2015 6:45 PM

R43 nails it. I've been in the crosshairs of some delusional queen who justified their own OVER THE TOP evil actions towards me based on some delusional slight they perceived on my part, and chalked it up to "karma" as their justification. Actually playing god. They are disgusting, bottom of the barrel people.

by Anonymousreply 50December 31, 2015 6:48 PM

Karma? Ain't that the colored lady who dances and wears bananas on her head?

by Anonymousreply 51December 31, 2015 10:00 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 52December 10, 2018 4:45 PM

I do not believe in Karma. I believe in pure luck and accidental timing.

If Karma were truly a thing, would Trump still be president?

by Anonymousreply 53December 10, 2018 4:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!