Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Horrific moment ISIS throw two men off a roof for being gay - before they are stoned by baying mob including children

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 5, 2020 8:45 PM

A gruesome video has emerged showing ISIS jihadists executing two men whose only crime' was being gay.

The video shows two men being thrown to their deaths from a roof in Homs, before being stoned by a bloodthirsty and baying mob - which included children.

It goes on to show the killers apparently conducting the rituals of an Islamic burial - only to be dumped in an unmarked grave.

The murders are the latest in a string of rooftop 'executions'.

Horrific: The men are shown falling from the rooftop of the building, in Homs, Syria, after they are pushed Horrific: The men are shown falling from the rooftop of the building, in Homs, Syria, after they are

It is the so-called Islamic State preferred method of murder for the men they suspect of being gay, an 'offence' which is punishable by death.

This latest shocking video - which runs to over six minutes - shows the proclamation being read out in front of a captivated audience, who have crammed into the street, lining the walls as they awaited the gruesome execution.

The warped justifications for the murders say they can be carried out on the grounds of religion - as are the rapes of 'non-believers', like the Yazidi girls.

The two men are then led, blindfolded, across the roof, before being thrown to their death after being made to teeter on the edge by their evil captors.

The moment the doomed men hit the ground is not shown, but the crowd - which had been waiting expectedly - are shown surging forward to stone the men as as they lie twisted on the floor.

The blood-spattered rocks are seen on the ground alongside the bodies

The video then cuts to the bodies being washed, in accordance with Muslim tradition, before being wrapped in a white shroud.

The shrouds quickly become soaked in the blood of the dead men, who are carried by their killers and dumped together into a shallow grave in the dusty ground.

The bodies are then covered up, leaving nowhere for the families to go to mourn their loved ones.

by Anonymousreply 1August 15, 2015 1:08 AM

We live in a shitty, shitty world.

by Anonymousreply 2August 15, 2015 1:10 AM

Makes me mad, not sad.

by Anonymousreply 3August 15, 2015 1:11 AM

It's sad nothing will be done.

by Anonymousreply 4August 15, 2015 1:12 AM

Yet a lot of gay men are anti-Israel and hate jews.

by Anonymousreply 6August 15, 2015 1:17 AM

Would you like to elaborate, R5?

Or did your cowardly ass leave already?

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2015 1:18 AM

Horrific. But you must understand, OP, Datalounge posters will only get in an uproar if someone refuses to bake a cake for a gay wedding .

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2015 1:22 AM

Brutal. Death cult.

At times, ISIS seems almost too perfect in their evil, as we gear up for another endless war.

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2015 1:31 AM

R6: that point makes no sense. Nothing illogical about thinking support of Israel has been a losing proposition for the American people AND ISIS is evil for executing gays.

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2015 1:31 AM

Support the Isis Genociide..

by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2015 2:01 AM

The problem is most citizens of the United States refuse to acknowledge they created ISIS.

Personally I say we learn to live with ISIS. Chances are the evil we will create will be worse than ISIS. That clearly was the case with the creation of ISIS.

by Anonymousreply 13August 15, 2015 2:14 AM

At most, the USA took actions that facilitated the current face of islamofascism rampaging thru parts of Iraq & Syria known as ISIS. That's semantics as much as anything else when applied to this topic.

The USA invading Iraq didn't create the concept of angry young Muslim men who want to stone gays, behead infidels, and spread sharia law throughout the world.

The Koran did that and it happened before there was such a place as the United States of America

by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2015 2:21 AM

R14 - stop watching FOX news and read some history.

by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2015 2:22 AM

R15: point me to the history books that claim Islam never had a man aggressive wing that wanted to subjugate people all over Europe and the Middle East prior to 1948

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2015 2:39 AM

Yes r16 dead muslins. Dead muslins from Jo-ann Fabrics.

You totally invalidated your comment wit your idiocy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2015 2:41 AM

R17 - I don't know what a "man aggressive wing" is.

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2015 2:42 AM

'An aggressive wing'

by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2015 2:46 AM

R18, are these dead muslins from the fancy Jo-Ann?

If so, they were conditioned by two decades of isolation, record unemployment, and mosque-led education/indoctrination.

Kind of like the Christian edumacation model Gomer Jindal has established for Louisiana.

by Anonymousreply 21August 15, 2015 2:50 AM

R6 -- thank you Captain False Opposition.

by Anonymousreply 22August 15, 2015 3:02 AM

Imagine being one of these gay Arabs. You are blindfolded with your arms tied behind your back. You are roughly led up stairs. You know this is it. Can this REALLY be it -- the end? You feel the sun on you and hear a crowd and you know you must be on the roof....

by Anonymousreply 23August 15, 2015 3:04 AM

As Danny in MI-5 says right before they shoot him - You death worshipping fascists.

If I were young I'd be signing up. No lie.

by Anonymousreply 24August 15, 2015 3:06 AM

What they've been doing to the Yazidis horrible too. It's genocide.

The story about the raped 12 year old, who stank because her insides were so torn up and infected, who was denied all medical care and even a break from the constant rapes, because "she is a slave and knows what to do..." is the embodiment of evil.

Then to hear these wackos claim raping slaves is a way to get closer to God, and it pleases God to know they're torturing, children, it's ok to rape little girls too small to get periods, because some document they go by says to wait until they menstruate, except for when it's ok? Which is doublespeak for, raping five year olds is fine, I guess.

I hope those two guys were dead when they hit the ground. I hope they didn't suffer afterwards. And I hope they were really dead when they buried them.

It's like watching demons arise from hell and walk the earth. How else could they so enjoy torture and murder?

by Anonymousreply 25August 15, 2015 3:15 AM

The fascist trans fringe probably approves.

by Anonymousreply 26August 15, 2015 3:21 AM

R25, your expression of pure horror matches my thoughts completely.

Since so many others on this thread immediately transformed it into an excuse to reiterate their own usual grievances, I find your comments the most valid.

by Anonymousreply 27August 15, 2015 3:24 AM

fsefsefs

by Anonymousreply 28August 15, 2015 3:25 AM

Stephen Harper would do the same in Canada if he could.

by Anonymousreply 29August 15, 2015 3:27 AM

Ban islam in the west, everywhere in the west.

by Anonymousreply 30August 15, 2015 4:16 AM

[quote]Unfortunate yes, but this kind of news is also used by the White House as propaganda to get U.S. liberals so worked up and angry that they'll support U.S military strikes on the Middle East.

It's people like you that make me sick. You think gay men being thrown from buildings is 'unfortunate'? How do you live your life being such an uncaring individual?

But hey, as long as you can walk down the street safety each day, what does it matter?

Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 31August 15, 2015 4:18 AM

[quote]Ban islam in the west, everywhere in the west.

You're 35 years too late.

by Anonymousreply 32August 15, 2015 4:20 AM

They are unrepentant evil. It is astonishes how confidently they carry out their form of hatred and massacres. It is so in your face, it just defies belief, even though there are countless videos and photos that confirm, that, yeah, they DID do that. No one really expects such pure, confident evil in the real world. I'm at a loss how to stop it, though. If we were to go and destroy it, the survivors would blame us, and it will, ultimately, lead to an even stronger and more militant group. It's like an insect: you keep developing poisons to kill them, so they come even stronger and scarier. SO: what do you do about it? Despite the fact that I am crazy liberal, my ancestors are from Syria, and I'm a total pacifist, I sometimes think the only solution is to just blow the whole mid-east up, including Israel. Just get rid of them, before they get rid of us. I believe it's only a matter of time before they have more major attacks on our soil, such as poison gas released in a city, etc. It's going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 33August 15, 2015 4:25 AM

and yet most of the world doesn't want to do anything to stop them.

by Anonymousreply 34August 15, 2015 4:33 AM

[quote]yet most of the world doesn't want to do anything to stop them.

Because most of the world doesn't view DAESH as "disturbing" or "evil" or even out of the ordinary, but rather understandable and even necessary in the pursuit of jihad. And Muslims from around the world, both the West and the East, are joining up to pursue jihad and become shuhada.

by Anonymousreply 35August 15, 2015 4:45 AM

It is incredible how religion can corrupt morality to this level. And people watching this makes it even more disturbing. Islam and all abrahamic religions should be seen as threat to peace and progress.

Yesterday, I was watching a short BBC clip on homophobia in Uganda and how the US evangelical church is exporting its homophobia. The female reporter sat around males and she asked questions. The man sitting next to her answered to a question that he has raped lesbians to turn them straight. The man showed no remorse. Then she asked what they do to homosexual men and one of them replied all aloud "KILL, KILLL", all laughing. The reporter was shocked. She couldn't believe she was sitting next to a rapist and the wicked souls of theirs when finding pleasure in killing homosexual people. She explicitily expressed her disgust.

by Anonymousreply 36August 15, 2015 4:54 AM

[quote]Yesterday, I was watching a short BBC clip on homophobia in Uganda and how the US evangelical church is exporting its homophobia.

Tribalism corrupted long before "religion". Evangelical churches do not "export homophobia" to Africa. Africa's homophobia has been around far longer than "evangelism".

by Anonymousreply 37August 15, 2015 5:02 AM

R37 Since Christianity arrived in Africa homophobia began to spread across the continent, but it is a known fact that today the US evangelical church is indoctrinating people in Uganda and other African countries promoting the killing of homosexual people.

by Anonymousreply 38August 15, 2015 5:06 AM

How Islam creates psychopaths

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 15, 2015 5:07 AM

SHUT UP!!! ISLAM IS THE RELIGION OF PEACE!!!

Agree with me RIGHT NOW, or else I will murder you in some gruesome manner IN THE NAME OF ALLAH!!!

by Anonymousreply 40August 15, 2015 5:09 AM

[quote]but it is a known fact that today the US evangelical church is indoctrinating people in Uganda and other African countries promoting the killing of homosexual people.

Known fact? Rubbish! The vast majority of Ugandans are Roman Catholic (42%), Anglican (Church of Uganda) (36%) or Muslim (13%). Whatever homophobia exists in Uganda is being perpetuated by the aforementioned.

[quote]Since Christianity arrived in Africa homophobia began to spread across the continent,

Rubbish! Islam spread homophobia long before Christianity arrived in Africa.

by Anonymousreply 41August 15, 2015 5:13 AM

Bitches, please. how many preachers in the US call for the same thing?

by Anonymousreply 42August 15, 2015 5:15 AM

prior to the arrival of Christianity and Islam in Africa, some African ethnic groups had a similar practice that the ancient Greeks had in which an older male would take a younger "apprentice" who would both learn from him and also have sex with him. I

by Anonymousreply 43August 15, 2015 5:16 AM

Christians want us dead too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 15, 2015 5:17 AM

Christian missionaries hit Africa long before the USA was even online. Blame the triplets of Abraham, yes. Pretend it only comes from the U.S. Evangelical strain is just beyond stupid

by Anonymousreply 45August 15, 2015 5:19 AM

R42 There are LAWS in the US protecting the rights of the individual, something that is non-existent in Muslim countries.

by Anonymousreply 46August 15, 2015 5:20 AM

In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth... and Hell, for monsters like this.

by Anonymousreply 47August 15, 2015 5:22 AM

[quote]Christian missionaries hit Africa long before the USA was even online. Blame the triplets of Abraham,

Uh no. Blame the TWINS, Xtianity and Islam, that actively proselytize.

by Anonymousreply 48August 15, 2015 5:26 AM

R47 - There is no 'God'. Or heavens, or hells. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 49August 15, 2015 5:27 AM

R48: that's like absolving parents of bad children as though they played no role. Funny how the twins rely on the oldest part of the fairy tale to justify their homophobic proselytizing

by Anonymousreply 50August 15, 2015 5:37 AM

I thought Christians were evil and people of Islam were our friends. I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 51August 15, 2015 5:40 AM

A little history is in order. ISIS are Wahhabis. The authoritarian Wahhabi form of Islam was invented 2 hundred years ago by the Al Saud family. The British Empire helped the Al Saud family take over Arabia and rename it Saudi Arabia after themselves (even though this, like most things in Wahhabi Islam, is a violation of Islamic tradition). Britain and the USA have pledged to keep the Saudi royal family in power. Who is Saudi Arabia's biggest ally in the Middle East? Israel. Yes, Israel which has an open alliance with Wahhabi "rebels" in the Occupied Golan Heights of Syria.

The Qur'an states that homosexuality can only be punished if there are 4 male witnesses to the act of penetration. Wahhabis however ignore the part about 4 male witnesses and kill anyone who seems gay.

by Anonymousreply 52August 15, 2015 5:41 AM

Abrahamic reigions stem from Sumerian myhtology, right?

Probably not homophobia because, as far as I know, homophobia was the reaction Hebrews embraced after their Babylonian exile as a form of rejection of pagan practices even though prior to that Hebrews did not have a problem with homosexuality, but the main fantasy plots of the religion were taken from Sumerian Mythology: Adam and Eve, the Garden of Eden, etc.

by Anonymousreply 53August 15, 2015 5:48 AM

[quote]Ban islam in the west, everywhere in the west.

How?

by Anonymousreply 54August 15, 2015 5:54 AM

[quote]Stephen Harper would do the same in Canada if he could.

Many in the USA would do the same if they could get away with it, and there are those who try.

by Anonymousreply 55August 15, 2015 5:58 AM

R52 contains more bullshit than a warehouse full of manure.

[quote]The authoritarian Wahhabi form of Islam was invented 2 hundred years ago by the Al Saud family.

The name Wahhabism stems from the eighteenth-century preacher and scholar, Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab (1703–1792). He, not the al Sauds, started a revivalist movement in the remote, sparsely populated region of Najd. He eventually formed a pact with a local leader Muhammad bin Saud (ancestor of the current Saudi royal family) offering political obedience and promising that protection and propagation of the Wahhabi movement would mean "power and glory" and rule of "lands and men.

[quote]The British Empire helped the Al Saud family take over Arabia and rename it Saudi Arabia after themselves

The al Sauds have been fighting against other tribes and clans for control of what is today Saudi Arabia since the early 18th century, long before the Brits came on the scene.

Saudi/Wahhabi alliance with Israel makes up the lionshare of R52's warehouse of bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 56August 15, 2015 6:07 AM

ISIS, Wahhabi, whatever. They're not the problem; Islam is the problem. Their violence stems from one common source: Islam.

by Anonymousreply 57August 15, 2015 6:11 AM

[quote]Abrahamic reigions stem from Sumerian myhtology, right?

Jews were influenced by Mesopotamian custom both from Abraham and during their exile in Babylon.

by Anonymousreply 58August 15, 2015 6:13 AM

It's time to put all those nuclear missiles to good use.

by Anonymousreply 59August 15, 2015 6:17 AM

r56, the preacher Wahhab worked with the Al Saud family to create a new, politically authoritarian form of Islam that would bring them both to power.

The British were very active in the Gulf region in the 18th century, it was rich in pearls and taxation from the sea trade with India. There are many documents from that time which show that the British quickly formed an alliance with the new Wahhabi cult. The alliance become official once oil was discovered.

Israel makes no secret of its alliance with the Wahhabi state of Saudi Arabia. Israel even has the nerve to call the most authoritarian Muslim country in the world Saudi Arabia "moderate" which is code for "Pro-Israel". The Israeli and Saudi ambassadors hold joint press conferences in Washington praising each other.

r57, the Wahhabi cult is nothing to do with the original Islam. As I said, the Qur'an states that homosexuality can only be punished if there are 4 male witnesses to the act of penetration. Wahhabis ignore the part about 4 male witnesses and kill anyone who seems gay.

by Anonymousreply 60August 15, 2015 6:31 AM

[quote]The British were very active in the Gulf region in the 18th century, it was rich in pearls and taxation from the sea trade with India. There are many documents from that time which show that the British quickly formed an alliance with the new Wahhabi cult. The alliance become official once oil was discovered.

Utter rubbish. The British didn't become active in the Gulf area until the early 19th century and then only in Basra (southern Iraq). Most of the area was under Ottoman rule/protection at that time.

[quote]the Wahhabi cult is nothing to do with the original Islam.

Wahhabi, Shi'a, Sunni, Ismaeli, Achmedi. One is as oppressive as the other. And there is no such thing as "original Islam". There is only Islam.

[quote]Israel makes no secret of its alliance with the Wahhabi state of Saudi Arabia. The Israeli and Saudi ambassadors hold joint press conferences in Washington praising each other.

Total delusional rubbish. You must be Iranian.

by Anonymousreply 61August 15, 2015 6:51 AM

r61, I was at a talk given at SOAS in London last month about the documents (many of them still classified) proving that the British facilitated the rise of the Wahhabi Saudi cult as a way to damage the Ottoman Empire.

I gave just one example of how the Wahhabis violate the Qur'an. Wahhabism is very different to the Islam that was practiced by the Prophet and his family. In fact, the Prophets beloved grandson Husayn was massacred by the Ummayads who are the ideological ancestors of the Wahhabis. The Saudis, Al Qaida and ISIS are Wahhabi.

Here is a picture from one of the Israeli-Saudi lovefests showing Israel Interior Ministry director-general Dore Gold and Saudi govt offical Anwar Eshki. I could also link the UN report detailing Israels open alliance with Saudi-backed Wahhabi "rebels" in the Occupied Golan Heights of Syria. The brilliant Jewish journalist Richard Silverstein was done excellent reporting on that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 15, 2015 7:30 AM

R60 Criminalising homosexuality is simply wrong. 1 o 4 witnesses, it doesn't matter. Homosexuality is not wrong so no one should be punished for having sex with the same sex.

Original Islam is violent. I have the quran so I know the violence promoted by that religion.

by Anonymousreply 63August 15, 2015 7:44 AM

R62 Hardly a "love fest" given Gold's facial expression and an exceedingly rare meeting given Saudi Arabia's state of war with Israel.

DAESH is Sunni, seeded by Qatar, Kuwait and the Sauds monarchs, as well as wealthy Gulf families to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars. DAESH is now independently wealthy from successful crime, including extortion, smuggling, robbery and kidnapping.

Silverstein is as delusional as you are.

by Anonymousreply 64August 15, 2015 7:57 AM

r63, the disapproval of homosexuality stems from a desert culture, but unlike the Jewish Bible which (like ISIS) immediately sentences homosexuals to death, I do think it is remarkable that Islam is the only Abrahamic religion that creates space for homosexuality provided that it is discreet. The Qur'an even acknowledges gay men calling them Mukhannathun, they are the only men allowed to enter the Harem womens quarters because they feel no desire for females. The Qur'an is also FAR less violent that the Hebrew Bible.

r64, Gore is a war criminal who is incapable of smiling, but if you had watched the full press conference like I had you would see they were practically making love with each other. The alliance is real. Saudi Prince Bandar even flew to Israel himself and received a warm welcome.

By stating the obvious "Daesh is Sunni" are you trying to deflect from the fact that ISIS is Wahhabi? You do realize that Wahhabism is an outgrowth of Sunnism, hence my mention of the tragic massacre of Husayn by the Ummayads.

by Anonymousreply 65August 15, 2015 8:11 AM

R65 You keep right on fucking that chicken . . . uhhhh . . . sheep.

by Anonymousreply 66August 15, 2015 8:39 AM

[quote]The story about the raped 12 year old, who stank because her insides were so torn up and infected, who was denied all medical care and even a break from the constant rapes, because "she is a slave and knows what to do..." is the embodiment of evil.[/quote]

@r25 This is the second time I've heard about this, but I can't find any news article on this girl's story, so I'm hoping it's not true. If it is.... just.... wtf....

----

[quote]They are unrepentant evil. It is astonishes how confidently they carry out their form of hatred and massacres. It is so in your face, it just defies belief, even though there are countless videos and photos that confirm, that, yeah, they DID do that. No one really expects such pure, confident evil in the real world. I'm at a loss how to stop it, though. If we were to go and destroy it, the survivors would blame us, and it will, ultimately, lead to an even stronger and more militant group. It's like an insect: you keep developing poisons to kill them, so they come even stronger and scarier. SO: what do you do about it? Despite the fact that I am crazy liberal, my ancestors are from Syria, and I'm a total pacifist, I sometimes think the only solution is to just blow the whole mid-east up, including Israel. Just get rid of them, before they get rid of us. I believe it's only a matter of time before they have more major attacks on our soil, such as poison gas released in a city, etc. It's going to happen.[/quote]

@r33 That terrorist group recruits people from all over the world, so turning the Middle East into glass wouldn't eradicate them or people who sympathize with their beliefs. Instead of going to the M.E. to indulge their sociopathic tendencies, they'd ramp up their attacks in the countries they're currently in. Hell, those that weren't sympathizing with them before would probably warm up to their anti-West beliefs given the cultures, cities, and innocent people (Muslim, Christian, and Jewish) that would be decimated in such an attack by the West. There'd be no end to the violent behavior.

I'm not a Christian, but watching the news, I can see why the God in their religion flooded the fucking planet. Humans are so destructive it's insane.

---------

[quote]In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth... and Hell, for monsters like this.[/quote]

@r47 That same God is allowing this shit to happen, so...

by Anonymousreply 67August 15, 2015 9:09 AM

There will never be peace in this world until we evolve past the need to believe in Sky Daddies and mythological rubbish.

End of story.

by Anonymousreply 68August 15, 2015 11:07 AM

There will never be peace in the world because humans are irrational, covetous, cruel animals. Civilization is a myth. Get rid of humans, enjoy world peace.

by Anonymousreply 69August 15, 2015 11:23 AM

R6, the Pale stine population still deserve their own state, you idiot. Besides.. Isr ael's "gay friendliness" is pinkwashing. They're not as gay friendly as they might seem on the outside. Lots of Orthodox j3ws there who hate gays.

by Anonymousreply 70August 15, 2015 11:26 AM

[quote]They're not as gay friendly as they might seem on the outside. Lots of Orthodox j3ws there who hate gays.

Israeli law provides full protection to all of its citizens, gays included, just as US law does. No one is protected in Ramallah and Gaza, and most certainly not gays.

by Anonymousreply 71August 15, 2015 11:33 AM

um Israel has the best gay policies in all of the Middle East. Gays are safe there. They only have to worry about the crazy Orthodox Jews but those people are a minority. You can't compare being gay in Israel to being gay in any other Middle Eastern country.

by Anonymousreply 72August 15, 2015 11:39 AM

No pride in "Palestine"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 15, 2015 11:40 AM

R71 Ironic when you think they created homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 74August 15, 2015 2:08 PM

[quote] If we were to go and destroy it, the survivors would blame us, and it will, ultimately, lead to an even stronger and more militant group. It's like an insect: you keep developing poisons to kill them, so they come even stronger and scarier.

Bullshit. If something evil needs to be destroyed, then you just do it. Worry about the aftereffects later. Once you replace it with a stronger and healthier system it may not be as easy for the evil to take hold again. Not saying it can't repeat itself but people and leaders may feel emboldened to stand up to it before it's too late.

Not that insects are an apt example, but you CAN eradicate an insect infestation.

by Anonymousreply 75August 15, 2015 4:27 PM

R65 The Middle East was very accepting of homosexuality before Abrahamic religions came to exist. In fact, there are still a few surviving poems about same-sex love written in the Middle East. It was Hebrews after their Babylon exile that they began to reject homosexuality because pagan gods were worshipped through sexual intercourse (heterosexual and homosexual). If you have a look you can see how Hebrews stigmatised sexuality in all of its expressions, lust is bad, masturbation is bad, having sex without being married is bad and of course, homosexualit is bad. They imposed so many restrictions to sex because they began to see it as filthy and sinful so it should only manifest itself for procreation.

Now, there is also a contradiction in the bible because there is at least one episode of homosexual love which god did not condemn, that was the story of David and Jonathan who shared a very intimate relationship to the point when David compared the love he felt for Jonathan as much greater "than the love of women".

Muhammad took the passage in the bible that commands the stoning of two men having sexual intercourse and his misinterpretation of the Sodoma and Gomorrah story to intensify his hatred against homosexual people and command the killing of them.

by Anonymousreply 76August 15, 2015 4:45 PM

To quote Christopher Hitchens - Religion poisons everything.

by Anonymousreply 77August 15, 2015 5:14 PM

Religion of peace!

by Anonymousreply 78August 15, 2015 5:29 PM

r72 That's cold comfort for the teen who was murdered, and others who were injured, at the Gay Pride parade in Israel just a short time ago.

by Anonymousreply 79August 15, 2015 5:34 PM

R76 it's all twisted into anti-gay when in reality it is not. Homophobic people use the Bible to suit their agenda, almost all of the supposed anti-gay passages have been debunked by scholars. I can't speak for the Qu'ran and so on and why they are so anti-gay or if they are twisting their faith the same way christian religions are

by Anonymousreply 80August 15, 2015 7:01 PM

For r67, from the NYT:

One 34-year-old Yazidi woman, who was bought and repeatedly raped by a Saudi fighter in the Syrian city of Shadadi, described how she fared better than the second slave in the household — a 12-year-old girl who was raped for days on end despite heavy bleeding.

“He destroyed her body. She was badly infected. The fighter kept coming and asking me, ‘Why does she smell so bad?’ And I said, she has an infection on the inside, you need to take care of her,” the woman said.

Unmoved, he ignored the girl’s agony, continuing the ritual of praying before and after raping the child.

“I said to him, ‘She’s just a little girl,’ ” the older woman recalled. “And he answered: ‘No. She’s not a little girl. She’s a slave. And she knows exactly how to have sex.’ ’’

“And having sex with her pleases God,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 15, 2015 10:27 PM

Wing-nuts are sick fucks. Happening soon in the USA, if the rhetoric of the conservatives continues.

by Anonymousreply 82August 15, 2015 10:34 PM

R80 I don't think those passages have been debunked. I think the bible is homophobic, but it also contains contradictions about it just like many other contradictions on other subjects like that when the bible says god doesn't repent because he does everything right but then he reprents for having creating human beings.

by Anonymousreply 83August 16, 2015 1:39 AM

How to defeat Islam? I don't know. At least with Christianity, even though it is also a violent religion, it is less violent so Christianity in the west is declining only by using reason, logic and critical thinking. But when it comes to Islam, that doesn't happen because opposition is severly punished so people prefer to stay silent.

by Anonymousreply 84August 16, 2015 5:21 AM

Political Correctness of Western society makes Islam a sure win. They use it very well against the infidels, who are everyone not like them. You certainly don't see China bending over backwards to accommodate them.

by Anonymousreply 85August 16, 2015 6:21 AM

It's an old fundamentalist lady's dream come true! Oh wait, these guys are muslims? Disgusting homophobic pigs!

by Anonymousreply 86August 16, 2015 6:42 AM

Why some DLers seem so hell-bent on defending and rationalizing what the Bible (or the Qu'ran) say about homosexuality is beyond my understanding. Scholars have also shown that all these scriptures originate from areas where khat is overabundant and used and abused. So excuse-me while I chew a couple (hundreds) leaves and come back from my Catha Edulis bender with some innovating scriptures of mine.

by Anonymousreply 87August 16, 2015 7:19 AM

I don't know about the quran, in my opinion it is explicitly wicked against homosexual people. As for the bible, well, it contains at least one explicit homophobic passage (Leviticus 20:13). But then David and Jonathan were homosexual lovers and there is also a passage when Jesus healed a centurion's slave who, according to the practices of the time as scholars point out, most likely was the centurion's lover too.

The other opposing passage was written by Paul (false prophet according to many) when referring to same-sex sex as unnatural. Possibly, his views on this stemmed from watching orgies in pagan temples where sexual intercourse as a form of worship was common.

by Anonymousreply 88August 16, 2015 8:21 AM

The sickest part of Muslim hatred for homosexulaity is that they practice it themselves. Didn't Yasser Arafat die of AIDS? Aren't Muslim men known to have sex with young pretty boys as a common practice? Isn't that a part of their sexual repression vis a vis Muslim women? So my question is, are they only against homosexuality when it is two grown consenting men who wish to be together? As long as it is just a man using a boy because he can't fuck a woman is it acceptable? Stinking pigs.

by Anonymousreply 89August 16, 2015 9:02 AM

It's socially acceptable for wealthy men to have sex with 9 year old boys that are made up as young girls. They have parties where the young boys, all dolled up, dance for them. But that's pedophilia.

by Anonymousreply 90August 16, 2015 9:47 AM

R89 Sexual reppression doesn't lead to pedophilia. A person is already born with that condition. If the culture allows it pedophilia will be visible.

by Anonymousreply 91August 16, 2015 3:57 PM

R83 yes they have been debunked actually and there are several websites and figures that back this up. Here's an example of one site that disproves the supposed homophobic agenda simply by using and understanding the original greek/hebrew texts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 18, 2015 10:32 AM

R92 The bible does contain homophobia. After their Babylonian exile, Hebrews develop a hatred against certain pagan practices which inlcuded sex. Sex for Hebrews became filthy, especially if driven my lust. They abhored the way pagans worshipped their gods-they did it through sexual intercourse-heterosexual sex and homsoexual sex. Their new position was that sex should only be for procreation. That is why even masturbation is condemned because semen causes a new life to form. That is also why you must get married before having sex because it is a duty for married couples to procreate. With this new view Hebrews began to stigmatise homosexuality as "unnatural" because it doesn't cause procreation so Hebrews began to see same-sex sex as purely driven by lust. Probably, this view might also be because Hebrews were small in number so they felt the need to increase their population in order not to disappear as an ethnic group.

The bible even says "Be fruitful and multiply". That's an explicit command for procreation. This is also why you see episodes of incest being this practice not condemned by god because it still causes procreation.

Now, there is aleast one explicit homosexual relationship in the bible, that is the story of David and Jonathan. If you have read the story you can see how intimate their relationship was (2 Samuel 1:26 - I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother; you were very dear to me. Your love for me was wonderful, more wonderful than that of women). Another possible homosexual relationship could be that of the Centurion and his slave who was ill and Jesus healed him and then saying (Jesus) never he found so much faith in a man than that he found in the Centurion.

The bible is a sea of contradictions. If people want to see the bible as gay-friendly they will probably find passages or will interpret passages to meet their needs in this matter and the same the other way round.

by Anonymousreply 93August 18, 2015 3:52 PM

R33 - Robert Lindsay:

[quote]You know what’s weird? I have never in my life falsely accused or thought of one guy as being gay when he wasn’t. I can always tell. I am 100% correct about that without fail.

I have never in my life falsely thought that some straight man was gay or bi when he was not. Straight men are extremely easy to spot. First off, they don’t act very faggy. Second, they check out chicks or at least talk about them. Third, if you spend some time with them, they don’t give off faggy vibes at me.

The last one is crucial. Gay or bi men, 100% of the time, will give off queery vibes in my direction if I spend enough time with them.

Most of the time, as far as all the uncertain cases go, I just assume that everyone is straight until proven otherwise. Calling someone gay, to me, well, that’s one of the worst things you could possibly say about a man. I can’t think of a worse insult. So it’s more fair just to assume the best before accusing a man of being the worst.

Besides, going around pointing the “fag finger” at guys is pretty homophobic anyway.

by Anonymousreply 94August 18, 2015 4:43 PM

R94 Oh c'mon, I bet you'd love to suck some dick now and then too.

by Anonymousreply 95August 18, 2015 4:49 PM

That should have been R39 @ R94.

by Anonymousreply 96August 18, 2015 5:02 PM

UN to discuss the killing of homosexuals by ISIL. Now kids are involved in the stonings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 18, 2015 5:30 PM

But Islam is a religion of peace....

by Anonymousreply 98August 18, 2015 5:30 PM

If time travel were possible to go to the time and place when Muhammad wrote the quran we could burn it and stop him from building this bloody present he created.

If only a greater opposing force rose in the Middle East, strong enough to defeat all Islamic forces we could have hopes, but for some reason, good people don't crave power, even if it is to do good.

by Anonymousreply 99August 18, 2015 8:37 PM

I did some bullshit paper in law school for an easy prof wherein I analyzed historic criminalization of homosexuality. In my research I found a passage or passages in the bible that equated what was described as seeming like same sex activity (can't remember the exact description but you knew what they were referring to) as equivalent to lying. It was in a string of things forbidden or whatever but they were all very minor transgressions. So if the bible - at least my version - thinks it's a sin then it's just little itty bitty sin.

by Anonymousreply 100August 19, 2015 1:01 AM

The far left loves muslims

by Anonymousreply 101August 19, 2015 1:09 AM

Intersting thing is that apparently, the bible doesn't contain explicit condemnation of female homosexuality. What enraged Hebrews the most about homosexuality is that one of the men had to perform the passive role. For them, coming from a patriachal society, a man being penetrated in sex was a degrading act for men lowering the gender to the state of a woman.

by Anonymousreply 102August 19, 2015 1:13 AM

r102, Makes so much sense. This is why it's imperative that we stop anal!!

by Anonymousreply 103August 19, 2015 1:19 AM

R91 You are BADLY misinformed if you honestly think people are born pedophiliacs. Good lord. Nearly all pedophiles were born either hetero or homo, and they are then molested by a sexual predator of either sex. They are then cursed to revisit that molestation for the rest of their life(even if that revisiting is only in their head) and the switch can never be turned off. Most psychs think that the imprinting of the events, particularly when they are continued for long periods of time, are so deep, it actually changes the brain's processes. I know, because I have studied pedophilia for over 25 years. I was a victim of a mother(I am also a female) and I have more or less devoted all my energies to ending the cycle even if it means that I can never be with a child alone. Of course I have never acted on any feelings, but I refuse to even take a chance. The whole thing sickens me, and my hate for my mother for stealing my life and hopes for motherhood are all consuming.

by Anonymousreply 104August 19, 2015 7:07 AM

R102 What enraged Hebrews the most about homosexuality is that one of the men had to perform the passive role. For them, coming from a patriachal society, a man being penetrated in sex was a degrading act for men lowering the gender to the state of a woman.

Rubbish! What "enraged Hebrews" was that homosexual behaviour was a pagan practice. The rest is contemporary nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 105August 19, 2015 7:25 AM

R105 Not rubbish and you seem unable to respond with a bit of education.

Hebrews built a patriarchal society in which roles for males and females were rigidly established. If you have ever read the bible you will see women were deemed inferior to men and had specific tasks to perform as females. They were not allowed to rule over men and men had power of them. Condemnation of same-sex sexual intercourse in the bible has to do with this patriarchal views of males and females. Being the passive in sex for a man was seen as degrading for men because that is the role women take duirng sex.

by Anonymousreply 106August 19, 2015 2:13 PM

Oh, that 'religion of peace' once again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 19, 2015 2:18 PM

R106 Social structure has nothing to do with Vayikra (Levitius) 18:22, but rather assimilation. You're "educated explanation" remains a contemporary nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 108August 19, 2015 2:23 PM

R108 "There can be no doubt that the negative judgement of passive homosexual acts in Leviticus had its origins in their association in the minds of the priests of Yahweh with the homosexual rituals of goddess worship. The linkage with goddess worship cannot be avoided because of the choice of the religious term, 'to-ebah', in the text to relate the disapproval, and the language in the Hebrew text which specifies the prohibited act as a male taking the passive role in sex with a man"

The Origins and Role of Same-Sex Relations in Human Societies. By James Neill

by Anonymousreply 109August 19, 2015 2:39 PM

R109 There can be no doubt?? According to whom? Jewish Biblical scholars have been picking apart the meaning of Jewish Bible texts for at least 1,300 years. And now I should accept James Neill's "interpretation" as "authoritative"? Does Neill read/understand Hebrew? Do you?

by Anonymousreply 110August 19, 2015 2:48 PM

R110 Wow, you seem grumpy for the sake of grumpiness, whoever you are.

by Anonymousreply 111August 19, 2015 2:54 PM

R111 Grumpy = refusing to suffer DL morons gladly.

by Anonymousreply 112August 19, 2015 2:58 PM

The Religion Of Peace

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 19, 2015 3:00 PM

Even in the muslim world which acquired its hatred of homosexuality from Judeo-Christianity, the man that performs the active role in sex is a bit less stigmatized given the fsct thta he peformed the "man's role" in heterosexual terms.

Homosexuality exist in the Middle East just like it exists everywhere else, but generally they will prefer the active role over the passive.

by Anonymousreply 114August 19, 2015 3:10 PM

[quote]acquired its hatred of homosexuality from Judeo-Christianity

Yeah, sure. Blame another. If it's so great then why haven't the practitioners advanced ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 19, 2015 3:26 PM

r115 Judeo-Christianity is to blame. Muhammad was inlfuenced by Judeo-Christianity when he wrote the quran. If you are jewish trying to cleanse the religion I'm sorry, that's not gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 116August 19, 2015 3:34 PM

R116 Jewish law is for Jews. Muhammed appropriated those laws for his own purposes of control and power.

by Anonymousreply 117August 19, 2015 3:39 PM

This is a good article describing the slave trade of Yazidis girls and women and the murders of their men, and why.

Yazidis' religious beliefs involve praying to a number of angels, which to ISIS means they are polytheists, although the Yazidis themselves don't count these angels as gods. To ISIS, being a polytheist means you are worshipping Devils, therefore torturing and murdering you is a way to commune with God. Therefore, raping 12 year olds is defeating devil worshippers, and God considers you a social justice warrior, I guess.

This isn't the original article I read about raping the 12 year old. The NYT is doing a series about this, and I have a feeling it may be in the series, but I don't have a subscription, so you might look there. If I find it I'll post it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 19, 2015 3:56 PM

If ISIS is so completely and totally evil, why don't the world's nations get together and blow it off the face of the earth?

by Anonymousreply 119August 25, 2015 2:54 PM

R119 Because ISIS is not the problem per se but Islam. The violence that ISIS makes display of stems from Islam. Islam teaches to fight non-believers and kill homosexual people and it has extremely cruel rules to punish people who don't follow the quran. You could potentially bring ISIS down, but you haven't defeated the ideology that causes groups such as ISIS to exist.

You would need to wipe Islam off the face of the Earth but that is an impossible task because it would require taking all quranic texts away from people and all traces of Islam too.

A way to make Islam collapse would be using critical thinking to see the flaws in Islam and then start opposing it, very much like it is happening to Christianity in the West, but now, with Islam we have the problem that Muslim leaders have so much power over ordinary muslims that they can easily subjugate their nations.

The problem is much more complex that ISIS makes it look.

by Anonymousreply 120August 25, 2015 3:26 PM

I think maybe they're waiting for ISIS to kill a celebrity, or a head of state, R119. There's no reason not to just bomb the shit out of them. If some civilians get it, too bad. That's how conventional wars are fought.

Dresden their asses.

by Anonymousreply 121August 25, 2015 3:26 PM

I don't want to seem totally empty-headed about it, but think about how Saddam and other since-deposed leaders in the region handled these people. They were always there. They used to torture them to death, or throw them in prison forever. Everyone knew. They respected that. They respect nothing but being suppressed by a superior power.

by Anonymousreply 122August 25, 2015 3:30 PM

Fucked people, fucked religion

by Anonymousreply 123August 25, 2015 3:31 PM

Oh, talking about Saddam Hussein( (well written?). I remember when he was defeated people were celebrating on the streets.

Probably, if a new power could defeat all Islamic rulers then millions of muslims would leave Islam freely. It is common sense that people want to be free. Islam is the opposite of freedom in all senses.

by Anonymousreply 124August 25, 2015 3:35 PM

Those people are so ignorant, they think religious slavery is freedom. Orwell would love them.

What they need is a modern day Mohammed, a successor to the throne if you will. Somebody with personal charisma whom is educated and liberal, but has a base of grassroots power.

That's so against the modern understanding of what Islam is in the region (brutal, woman-hating abusers), that I don't know how such a person could ever get traction, but that's what they need.

Some outside country would have to give such a person behind-the-scenes money and support, and they would inevitably turn on us, and probably backslide into terrorism to get local support.

by Anonymousreply 125August 25, 2015 3:41 PM

Islam re-enforced the tribal character of the countries it spread to. To get rid of Islam, you'd have to destroy the social structures and mentality of 1.5 billion people and rebuild from scratch. It's not freedom from Islam Muslims want, since freedom and choice are anathema. What they want is a more benevolent fist on their leash, a less corrupt ruler, slightly more functioning society.

People cheered when Saddam was toppled because they'd had enough of his increasingly erratic rule. People in authoritarian societies want a strong leader because anything less means chaos and uncertainty due mainly to the inevitable power challenge due to the perceived weakness of the erratic ruler. And there's always the possibility that the new fist on the leash may be far more corrupt and brutal than the old one.

[quote]Some outside country would have to give such a person behind-the-scenes money and support, and they would inevitably turn on us, and probably backslide into terrorism to get local support.

That's exactly what happened in Iran with Ayatollah Khomeini, the "liberator" from the Shah of the Iranian people. And then Khomeni backslid Iran right into the 9th century.

by Anonymousreply 126August 25, 2015 3:52 PM

I have read Iranians don't like to be compared to or associated with Arabs yet they embraced the cruel arab religion: Islam.

by Anonymousreply 127August 25, 2015 3:56 PM

R38 What the hell does that have to do with ISIS killing gay men? Why do you feel the need to go off topic every time ISIS decapitates, kills, or blows up somebody? It's seriously weird.

by Anonymousreply 128June 4, 2020 1:49 AM

I think most of those refugees from the Middle East are gay men. Whenever they show the crowds it's almost all young men.

Wouldn't you try to escape death, too?

by Anonymousreply 129June 4, 2020 1:52 AM

Muriel, can you put the date of the original post just above the date of the most recent post on the /thread screen?

by Anonymousreply 130June 4, 2020 2:28 AM

Of all possible threads to bump up, this is the most incredibly offensive.

[bold]Please join with me in voting r128, who bumped this thread up from five years ago, for Flames and Freaks.[bold]

by Anonymousreply 131June 4, 2020 2:36 AM

nope

by Anonymousreply 132June 4, 2020 2:39 AM

Already had 128 blocked for some other reason.

by Anonymousreply 133June 4, 2020 2:41 AM

R128, should be universally blocked because he apparently has no concept of time.

by Anonymousreply 134June 4, 2020 2:46 AM

R134 What is this freak's obsession with 2015 threads, is this some kind of arcane numerology thing, or the year he last was laid, or what...?!

by Anonymousreply 135June 4, 2020 8:25 AM

Yet a lot of gay men are anti-Israel and hate jews.

That is a lie. One can be against the Zionist occupation of Palestine without hating jews. To be anti Israel is a good thing. Israel has no right to exist.

by Anonymousreply 136June 4, 2020 8:28 AM

The 2015 bumper was also a GAP Shop Bottom for years.

by Anonymousreply 137June 4, 2020 9:47 AM

Fake news!! I wiped out ISIS long ago!!

by Anonymousreply 138June 4, 2020 9:55 AM

R136 but it [italic]does[/italic] exist, so what do you propose we do with it and the people living there?

by Anonymousreply 139June 4, 2020 2:00 PM

I wonder if they have to have proof (i.e., dick in mouth) or if they can just go by someone being very effeminate.

by Anonymousreply 140June 5, 2020 8:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!