Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

European/Foreign soaps

Since the American soaps seems to be slowly winding down their LGBT stories except the trans one possibly before their eventual cancellation are there any good European/foreign soaps or shows with a good gay stories ?

by Anonymousreply 72May 20, 2018 5:12 AM

Maybe you should try Emmerdale op with hot actor Danny Miller

by Anonymousreply 1August 12, 2015 7:21 PM

The best of Eric and Vincent, star-crossed lovers of the hit Philippine telenovela "My Husband's Lover."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2015 7:55 AM

I prefer the ones made with olive oil. What? Oh, OK. Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2015 8:37 AM

The Bold & the Beautiful just put out a casting call for a bisexual male yesterday:

"White male between the ages of 25-28 to play the role of 'Christian'. Works in fashion, sophisticated, professional, has a great sense of style and possibly a comic side to him. Gorgeous and bisexual."

by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2015 8:55 AM

I'm enjoying the new "soap" that started about two weeks ago over at Naked Sword called, "The Biggest Catch."

Three down-and-out go-go boy hustlers from Vegas make a bet to see who can find the richest, hottest daddy in San Francisco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2015 9:23 AM

Germany does have Gute Zeiten Schlechte Zeiten, it's still running, I think they had a few gay storylines, but more lesbian ones, overall very few gay/lez lines, Verbotene Liebe is over, they had a few gay storylines, but I think more in the earlier years, and a few lesbian characters, for those who are into substance and culture, vs surface, Lindenstraße is the most important and cultural German soap, still running, they had and have a few gay characters. Don't know how it is with synchronization and German soaps, but a few should have it. I kinda liked the docu soap 'Freunde, das Leben beginnt', I'm sure there is no synchronization though, it is on youtube in Germany, maybe in other countries getable as well, it had a few gay and bi-lez characters, very few. Many telenovelas and similar stuff in last 10 years in Germany, generally not many gay and les storylines in German tv and movies, imo. I haven't watched many drama series and soaps, but I did see "Gegen den Wind", no gay storylines, the lead is now in his 40s -50s, not married and childless and his relationships with women didn't seem very convincing, the lead from "Sternenfänger" is a TV host now, and maybe privately out. The second lead has two or three kids with Thommy Haas' former long-term girlfriend. People have less gay/les relationships and sex in G than in the US, I'd say much less.

by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2015 11:53 AM

There's a German soap with a lesbian storyline. Forgot the title

by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2015 12:07 PM

Novela from Portugal - Os Nossos Dias.

You're welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2015 1:37 PM

Which British soap had the twink son coming out last year or the year before?

The dad in that was so fucking hot - dark haired, hairy, beefy - and the subtext of those scenes looked like they wanted to fuck, hard, deep and raw.

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2015 1:59 PM

The European soaps tend be a lot better in their gay s/l than the American soaps. The current American soap gay s/l are just a mess especially the Will, Sonny and Paul s/l plus Brad and Lucas are rarely ever seen and the writing for all of the gay s/l are just awful. The Americans soaps need to lean a thing or two from their European counterparts about how to write for gay characters because they are currently writing their gay characters all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2015 2:37 PM

Wait, answered my own question

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2015 2:41 PM

Manuel and Lalo, football players in love from telenovela Botineras. Christian Sancho plays Manuel and man he is hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2015 3:27 PM

Paulo and Miguel, pilots in love from soap O Beijo do Escorpião. Paulo is played by Pedro Varvalho and he has beautiful eyes and good body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2015 3:31 PM

Hollyoaks has always got something gay going on.

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2015 6:25 PM

[quote] Hollyoaks has always got something gay going on.

If you start watching Hollyoaks now, you'll get in on the beginning of Ste and Harry (whom some are already calling "Starry"). Seems a bit premature-overboard, but that's the way it goes.

From their recent GayTimes (UK) photo-video shoot:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2015 8:34 PM

Ste and Harry share their first kiss this coming Monday when they're trapped in a porta-loo together. Porta-loo ... Wow! They're finally telling my life story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2015 9:06 PM

Sinead is not going to like that r16 since she schemed with her cousin Scott Drinkwell in help breaking up Ste and JP's marriage plus getting pregnant by Ste and having him move in so she could have him all to herself only to then have to deal with the fact that cousin Scott Drinkwell becoming interested in Ste and now scheme to keep Scott away from Ste is backfiring on her with Harry.

by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2015 9:18 PM

in spain we have "amar es para siempre", previously "Amar en tiempos revueltos" more or less a gay story on each season,

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2015 9:26 PM

Harry's ass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2015 9:30 PM

R11 - The twink from that scene (Sam Strike) quit the show. The gay male couple in Albert Square now is Paul Coker and Ben Mitchell (Jonny Labey and Harry Reid).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2015 9:53 PM

[quote]Sinead is not going to like that [R16] since she schemed with her cousin Scott Drinkwell in help breaking up Ste and JP's marriage plus getting pregnant by Ste and having him move in so she could have him all to herself only to then have to deal with the fact that cousin Scott Drinkwell becoming interested in Ste and now scheme to keep Scott away from Ste is backfiring on her with Harry.

I haven't watched the show in years. I remember Ste came out as 'gay' when he was married and had a couple of kids. Did I get that right? You mention him being involved with a woman. Is the character bi now?

by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2015 9:53 PM

Jonny Labey (Paul on EastEnders) is this month's cover boy on GayTimes Magazine (UK). And yes, he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2015 9:55 PM

How is super macho Phil Mitchell handling the fact his son is gay?

by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2015 9:56 PM

R23 - That's just it. A few years ago, they already played that story where Ben came out to Filth. It was with a different actor in the role of Ben. Ben then went to prison for Heather's death (involuntary manslaughter). Since getting out of prison, he's been claiming he's straight, and that he was just going through a gay phase. The audience along with certain characters knows Ben is gay and is in denial. Phil doesn't say much or question his son sexuality. He tolerates Ben's "girlfriend" Abi. He's kind of like an ostrich where Ben's sexuality is concerned. - jmho

by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2015 10:11 PM

r21 Ste did come out as gay but at 70's theme lgbt party last year Ste had sex with his friend Sinead but he didn't remember that he had slept with her until she reminded him and she became pregnant by him and slightly obsessed with being in a relationship with him and got her cousin Scott to help her in further ruining Ste and JP's already crumbling relationship/marriage. She then convinced Ste to move in with her over the objections of his then husband JP and but eventually Ste and JP divorced. Ste moved in with her and her cousin but over the past few months there has been this building sexual tension between Ste and Harry a student of JP's and now you add that Sinead's cousin Scott has expressed interest in Ste. So in Sinead's attempts to keep her cousin Scott away from Ste is unbeknownst to her pushing Ste and Harry closer.

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2015 10:18 PM

Given that Hollyoaks had to fire the actress who plays the always-annoying Sinead, I expect to see her trapped in a porta-loo that explodes.

by Anonymousreply 26August 13, 2015 10:23 PM

Gran Hotel (Grand Hotel) from Spain is part telenovela, part Downton Abbey in Spain with eyecandy to spare. The complete series is on Netflix.

I love Coronation Street, but they need to get a fit gay bloke on there, stat. Sean Tully and Todd Grimshaw just don't cut it! Oliver Farnworth, however, is my biggest TV crush in ages!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2015 10:50 PM

Coronation Street also has Sophie Webster and her girlfriend (name escapes me) as lezzies-in-residence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 13, 2015 10:58 PM

Sophie Webster's girlfriend Maddie was killed in a fire started by Tracey Barlow.

by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2015 11:03 PM

The reading that Ken gave Tracey at Deirdre's funeral was not enough. Girl needs to pay.

by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2015 11:09 PM

Ah I see, I only catch up sporadically r29. Glad I didn't waste time trying to memorize her name then.

Still, there's Sophie, Todd, Sean, and Sean's vicar boyfriend. Not bad for one street of what, nine or ten houses? And I always suspected Betty had a fling with Ena Sharples during WWII.

by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2015 11:39 PM

Ben Mitchell and that skinny Paul do nothing for me. Bring back Christian and Syed! Maybe Syed will show up for his sister's wedding but now it's beginning to look like that might not happen.

by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2015 11:46 PM

Goede tijden, slechte tijden. - is fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 33August 13, 2015 11:57 PM

R32 - They'll more than likely come up with an excuse as to why Christian & Syed aren't there. When they did the anniversary shows surrounding Ian & Jane's wedding, Christian was there for his sister, and the Masood brood was in attendance at both the ceremony and the reception. But they didn't even have Christian talk to any of them. There they were, in the Queen Vic, across the room from one another, and not even a hello.

by Anonymousreply 34August 14, 2015 12:14 AM

r33 They just fired the actor who played gay character Lucas Sanders because he was partying too much and show up late to the set delaying production plus he developed a drug problem that he said to be dealing with.

by Anonymousreply 35August 14, 2015 5:21 AM

Here a picture of the the actor who use to play on GTST

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 14, 2015 5:33 AM

Chrolli

John-Paul and Craig

Those two gay storylines are epic. Just google them and you'll find the whole storylines on Youtube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2015 5:37 AM

R37 Glad I never got involved with "Chrolli" because, from about 2012 on, it sounded absolutely horrible.

And Hollyoaks stuck a fork in McDean as well, off-camera. I actually preferred John-Paul and Kieron, and they missed a big opportunity by not doing more with John-Paul and Doug.

by Anonymousreply 38August 14, 2015 7:24 PM

GAY soap? Why can't you just was with ordinary soap? Why must it be GAY?

by Anonymousreply 39August 14, 2015 7:31 PM

R39 Yeah, what's up with that? Back in the 70s and 80s gay men watched "All My Children" because they fantasized BEING Erica Kane.

by Anonymousreply 40August 14, 2015 7:38 PM

R40 Susan, you may have had the gay boys back in the 70s, but I OWNED the 80s. In fact, they're still obsessed with me on the tweeter and follow me wherever I go.

by Anonymousreply 41August 14, 2015 7:42 PM

Brenda, you're looking rather haggard today.

by Anonymousreply 42August 14, 2015 9:32 PM

r27, is there a gay storyline on Gran Hotel?

by Anonymousreply 43August 14, 2015 9:41 PM

R38, you have jump off before things turn sour. I only watched Chrolli until guys were going steady and Christian's boxing career was getting off. McDean I only watched until Craig moved to Ireland which wrapped up their original storyline.

I'm not a soap guy at all so contained little Youtube stories put together by fans is absolutely the thing for me. I've been up to date at least partly on Verbotene Liebe's Oliver from The Backlot's Langford on Soaps. That's where I found Chrolli in the first place. McDean was a big hit at one gay torrent forum when it happened almost a decade ago and I completely fell in love with that story which was in the end quite messed up, but I guess that's just normal for Hollyoaks.

by Anonymousreply 44August 15, 2015 2:35 AM

Here's link to the Langford on Soaps at its new home on Logo's NewNowNext. Gay soaps from all around the world. Must say I preferred The Backlot but things change don't they.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 18, 2015 6:27 AM

I love Emmerdale and Aaron is cute and have been watching it a lot more since DOOL decided to listen to the homophobes and I hate/want Guy Wilson murdered trolls.

by Anonymousreply 46November 16, 2015 11:36 AM

Cuffs, new police drama on the BBC. Gay characters, lebsian characters, adulterers, trannies, BDSM, and a couple of straight guys of colour, something for every taste and orientation. Writing adequate, direction excellent.

Watch it on BBC's iPlayer using Hola.

by Anonymousreply 47November 16, 2015 11:52 AM

There are a couple German ones, I forget the titles.

by Anonymousreply 48November 16, 2015 11:57 AM

. .... ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 16, 2015 1:06 PM

One of the German soaps I believe last year cut all of their gay/bi characters from the show.

by Anonymousreply 50November 16, 2015 2:48 PM

It's kinda funny reading the posts from the Days and GH PR shills who also then try to tell you to just get over the shitty way in which they treated their gay characters. The GH shills don't care that Brad/Lucas/Felix aren't barely on and when they are on they don't have a lot to do and the Days shills have tried to demean Will Horton's existence and his importance as though his life didn't matter at all so him being brutally murdered is nothing but an mere afterthought to them because they are getting their Jarlena and Kayla/Steve back. This is part of the reason the European soaps are better because they at least know how to write for all their characters and don't whine and complain that certain characters were written into a corner and then claim that there was nothing they could do to fix it which if they believe that then it shows that they must be some shitty writers. The American soaps are dying while the European soaps are still going and will continue to be on air even after the last American soap(possibly y&r or b&b) goes off air.

by Anonymousreply 51November 21, 2015 3:53 PM

What exactly has Y&R got against the gays?

by Anonymousreply 52November 21, 2015 3:58 PM

Griffith was one of the ones of the who stopped the Adam Newman being bisexual s/l and that he isn't exactly interested in writing for non heterosexual characters because he along with some other fellow soap writers think they're too difficult to write for and now he's on Days with Dena who herself is rumored not to be too interested in writing for non heterosexual characters also. I don't what Y&R has against gays but it seems to have start spreading to its fellow Sony show Days.

by Anonymousreply 53November 21, 2015 4:16 PM

Sounds like the writers of DAYS have learned nothing from Vito Russo's "The Celluloid Closet."

by Anonymousreply 54November 21, 2015 5:37 PM

by Anonymousreply 55November 25, 2015 7:28 PM

Emmerdale is really good. It's a British soap with a gay storyline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 29, 2015 8:39 AM

It is a good show r56 and the gay storyline has been much better than what's been happening on the American soaps this past year.

by Anonymousreply 57November 29, 2015 1:20 PM

I don't think even uncle Julian would ever that be foolish and do to Thomas what Dena and Josh did to Will. R56 Emmerdale is a good show.

by Anonymousreply 58November 30, 2015 12:35 AM

R32 most gay EE viewers agree with you, but if I may beg to differ; I far prefer Ben and Paul's story to Christian and Syed's, and not because of the individual characters. B&P has been tumultuous and hard to watch, but it's got a gritty substance to it and heartfelt chemistry. I get the feeling both actors delved into the psyche of the boys they were playing. C&S by contrast felt 'Disney' and 'by-the-numbers', to me). But to each their own. C&S is more romantically satisfying and probably better for the soul.. it's less dark!.

It was announced this week that Paul will be leaving EE by summer, so now would be the time to tune into the show if anyone is looking for major gay Soapland drama front-and-center. Poor Ben...

(Btw please can someone open a new EE thread? The last one just got to 600 last week, and with this major storyline upcoming it would be great to have a dedicated thread for discussing the End of B&P...)

by Anonymousreply 59April 23, 2016 3:33 PM

r59 here's the new EE thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 23, 2016 7:01 PM

Thanks a million, R60!

by Anonymousreply 61April 23, 2016 8:13 PM

Pretty medical student Max Sepulveda & his ex-con boyfriend Iago Vilches had a great storyline on the Barcelona telenovela El Cor de la Ciutat. It's 10 years old now, but it's one of the best Europe has done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 4, 2016 11:27 AM

Roflmao R9, way to make a touching scene dirty. It's a moving coming-out moment...but yeah, it's undeniable, watching the scene on mute, you have to admit it does look like the start of something else. The lines and delivery were good, but clearly the physical acting and blocking isn't if that scene comes off sexy. It doesn't help that Mick pulls Johnny's head straight into his lap while trying to comfort him, or that Johnny looks red-faced, glassy-eyed and freshly fucked, instead of an emotional mess.

Trivia: atm Sam (the twink) is dating the daughter of Danny Dyer (his daddy in this scene). Hope they did something about getting rid of that sexual tension before they had to play Happy Families.

by Anonymousreply 63May 4, 2016 3:52 PM

There's this gay storyline from Norway. It's nothing revolutionary. Typical coming out storyline. But well.. I still think it's cool because we don't usually have that many gay storylines on tv here. In the last episodes the two boys were totally flirting before a girl interrupted them, ugh. She is so annoying. Talk about cockblocking!

by Anonymousreply 64October 9, 2016 6:53 AM

Here it is..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 10, 2016 2:26 PM

Elias and Lari from Finnish soap called Salatut elämät (Secret Lives).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 10, 2016 2:52 PM

They just killed off Elias r66.

by Anonymousreply 67November 16, 2016 6:52 AM

An Indian soap a few years back had 2 gay characters on and neither one of them was hit by a train only to have his boyfriend sit alone as his straight relatives danced around him or was chocked to death and not allowed to fight for his life because he was deemed irredeemable and judged more harshly than his fellow citizens who have done worse than him.

by Anonymousreply 68November 21, 2016 1:11 AM

Lari has left Salatut elämät. I think now leaving only one gay left Kalle.

by Anonymousreply 69October 16, 2017 3:41 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 16, 2017 3:45 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 71October 19, 2017 3:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 20, 2018 5:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!