Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is your daily diet like ?

As in, what do you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily ? Do you cook or eat out ? I for one, eat rice and curry for lunch daily

by Anonymousreply 75November 23, 2020 3:28 PM

Just had a salad with tuna, olives, garlic, berries, walnuts. Made my own vinaigrette. I never use "dressing"

Had eggs and potatoes for breakfast. Will have fruit for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 1August 9, 2015 8:22 PM

Why would anyone want to have the same thing for lunch everyday?

by Anonymousreply 2August 9, 2015 8:40 PM

r2 You certainly don't eat different food for lunch for different day right ? There must be one item which you eat for lunch more than any other.

by Anonymousreply 3August 9, 2015 8:49 PM

There are certainly repeats over time, but there is also variety between sandwiches, pasta, salads, fish, and the occasional burger or taco. I could not imagine eating the same thing every day. I have a coworker who eats tuna, saltines, and a banana everyday for lunch. It's just seems so miserable to me

by Anonymousreply 4August 9, 2015 8:53 PM

Oatmeal almost every day.

Eating it right now.

by Anonymousreply 5August 9, 2015 8:55 PM

OP here. Actually we have visitors from different cultures , countries here. So the purpose of this thread is to find out their staple diet and eating habits.

by Anonymousreply 6August 9, 2015 8:57 PM

Trader Joe's spinach lasagna, palak paneer, chicken tamale etc. My lunch is almost always something from Trader Joe's. Usually heat up some frozen veggies to go with it.

by Anonymousreply 7August 9, 2015 8:59 PM

I don't eat anything every day, but I have had tuna fairly often lately. Then I won't eat again for a year. Now that I can get good pizza, I have it every week. I drink coffee every morning. I've been eating blueberries and walnuts for breakfast, too.

by Anonymousreply 8August 9, 2015 9:02 PM

Breakfast-eggs & Canadian bacon, Lunch-Chicken & veggies, Dinner-salmon & veggies

by Anonymousreply 9August 9, 2015 9:09 PM

My lunch varies, but I recently found out that my elderly neighbour eats bananas on toast everyday for lunch. I asked him how long he'd been doing that and he said at least 30 years, possibly longer. I asked if he ever felt like something else and he said no.

by Anonymousreply 10August 9, 2015 9:12 PM

"Veggies": a word for the ninnyhammered.

by Anonymousreply 11August 9, 2015 9:15 PM

I have a friend who eats very plain chicken, rice, and broccoli every single night. It wouldn't be so bad, but his husband does all the cooking, and he's a great cook.

by Anonymousreply 12August 9, 2015 9:18 PM

My breakfast consists of boiled eggs and fruits or Oat meal or just fruits , Lunch - Rice , Dinner- Veg Sandwich or Chicken Sandwich. And I cook them all

by Anonymousreply 13August 9, 2015 9:23 PM

Breakfast on the weekends is adas or foul ( lentil or fava bean + tomato sauce + spices + fresh parsley or cilantro or arugula) with whole wheat flat bread and zaatar and green tea. Other days it's vegan pancakes with homemade chocolate sauce and bananas or with peanut butter and bananas + soy milk latte. Lunch/dinner is mostly some type of veggie stew and rice. Sometimes falafel, hummus, stuffed vine leaves or veggie burgers or Asian salads and spring rolls.

by Anonymousreply 14August 9, 2015 9:46 PM

Breakfast = coffee, sometimes a slice of toast or a piece of fruit but not often. It's mostly just coffee.

Lunch = Whatever. A sandwich, soup, salad, apparently only things that start with "S".

Dinner = Varied. A lot of fish, some beef, pork, poultry and potatoes, rice and vegetables.

I hope the food nazis don't invade this thread but I have a feeling they will.

by Anonymousreply 15August 9, 2015 11:59 PM

I get up in the morning slaving for Bread, sir

So that every mouth can be fed, oh, oh, the Israelites

by Anonymousreply 16August 10, 2015 12:19 AM

R16 opens his day with a handful of magics mushrooms washed down with a snifter of bathtub gin

by Anonymousreply 17August 10, 2015 12:22 AM

Meatloaf & eggs for breakfast

Meatloaf sandwich for lunch

Meatloaf w/gravy for dinner

by Anonymousreply 18August 10, 2015 12:23 AM

R18 hasn't had a bowel movement since the 70s

by Anonymousreply 19August 10, 2015 12:24 AM

Never been much of a cook. With the exception of going out to dinner with friends or if I'm dating someone I don't eat out. Plus I'm a vegan.

Breakfast - high protein meal replacement shake. Easy to make, fills me up and gives me time to read the paper before work.

Lunch - hummus, raw vegetables (right now radishes and carrots), rye crisp crackers. (and yes I make the hummus myself)

Dinner - combination of a protein (beans, tofu, tempeh), starch (usually rice noodles or quinoa) and vegetables. I do something to make the protein more interesting. For example I just fixed some pinto beans with fresh tomato, onion and an assortment of seasonings. Pretty tasty. Will can most of the batch for use at a later date.

I bring a thermos of coffee to work as well as sliced fruit and almonds to snack on mid-morning and mid-afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 20August 10, 2015 12:38 AM

Smoked salmon eggs Benedict with a Bellini for brunch. Going out to dinner soon - either Italian or sushi.

by Anonymousreply 21August 10, 2015 12:45 AM

I'm with R21, sounds delicious. R20 makes me sad - what a desolation.

by Anonymousreply 22August 10, 2015 2:04 AM

R21 beans alone are not a complete protein. How does one manage as a vegan without finding out the basic concepts of complementary proteins?? Do people never look anything up? It's one thing to not know which vitamins you might need to supplement, but not knowing you need to have rice or corn with your beans...how long have you been vegan?

by Anonymousreply 23August 10, 2015 2:19 AM

Breakfast - usually a bit of cocaine and boy cum. (relax ladies, he's over 18)

Lunch - maybe something quick. A sandwich perhaps, or fruit. I snack on marijuana periodically thru the afternoon and into the evening. Generally a beer or two around six. More cocaine.

Supper - a steak and salad. Duck and veggies. Sashimi. (Something along those lines anyway.) I was a cook in an earlier career, so I love to eat well. Make everything from scratch, no cutting corners. (except the sashimi lol) Then off to work at the hospital (nightshift). If I am off work for a few days, it mostly doesn't change much. Other than after supper more marijuana, some wine and more boy cum. In the last 6 months I've lost 20 pounds by cutting out many excess carbs & sugar - works great!

by Anonymousreply 24August 10, 2015 2:26 AM

Apple, eggs and rye bread most mornings, delicious fast food crap for lunch, and salad with meat for dinner.

It works as long as I commute by bike. Autumn and Winter mean an end to fun lunch and I subsist on leftovers. I hate food containers and need to be very rich.

by Anonymousreply 25August 10, 2015 2:31 AM

Oops, I meant R20, not R21!

by Anonymousreply 26August 10, 2015 2:38 AM

[quote]... I have had tuna fairly often lately. Then I won't eat again for a year.

Are you hibernating, R8?

by Anonymousreply 27August 10, 2015 2:40 AM

That vegan meal plan makes me nervous. I feel like I would be wasting away and could never feel energized. It doesn't even sound like you're getting enough calories.

OP, what is this "curry"? Do you go to a restaurant and order "the curry"? Do you make it yourself? Apart from curry powder, cumin, garlic, and onion, what exactly is in it?

There are so many curry dishes, I can't imagine just calling whichever one I ate "curry" and leaving it at that.

by Anonymousreply 28August 10, 2015 2:42 AM

Gravel

Rocks

Sand

by Anonymousreply 29August 10, 2015 2:43 AM

R29 is summoning the bad blog shill!

by Anonymousreply 30August 10, 2015 2:44 AM

Lol r19

by Anonymousreply 31August 10, 2015 2:46 AM

R28, OP is probably talking about S&B Golden Curry, or some similar product. It's a brown gravy with a mild curry flavor. You mix it with cubes of meat and or vegetables, and dump the whole thing onto a bowl of rice or noodles. It tastes best when shared with somebody from the same major.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 10, 2015 2:51 AM

R24 You sound like a bad Harold Robbins novel.

by Anonymousreply 33August 10, 2015 3:27 AM

I'll take that as a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 34August 10, 2015 3:45 AM

Brekkie: Two cups of coffee, homemade Tibetan mushroom keffir

Lunch: Brown basmati rice, lentils, veggies, Ayurvedic soups, salads, pasta, homemade sushi, wholemeal pitta, cheese, fruit, nuts

Dinner: Fruit, wholemeal pitta, cheese

Summer Survival Snack: Homemade 100% fruit ice pops

Splurge: An entire tube in one go of Pringles, Reeces anything

by Anonymousreply 35August 10, 2015 4:12 AM

R14's meals sound most appealing to me.

R17 wouldn't recognize a song lyric if it slapped him across the thigh with a hairbrush.

by Anonymousreply 36August 10, 2015 4:30 AM

Apple, three slices of bacon (breakfast)

3 Hard boiled eggs chopped up and mixed with jalapenos spicy mustard and sweet relish. Lunch

Dinner. half a can of refried beans mixed with tomatoes, cheese, and fried onions.

Afternoon snack: Every other day a burger (beef, turkey, or chicken) with a few sliced mushrooms.. The other days single serving wide egg noodles with cheese and green onions..

It's too much I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 37August 10, 2015 4:32 AM

lollipops

leftovers

gin and regret

by Anonymousreply 38August 10, 2015 4:47 AM

Wrong R36! I knew immediately they were lyrics. I have that song on my iPod.

I first heard the song in the movie drugstore cowboy which is why I referenced a loadie angle to your silly post.

Perhaps it is you with the deficiency in reference to the use of your song in pop culture...

by Anonymousreply 39August 10, 2015 4:50 AM

R20 's diet is adequately nutritious. Westerners/Americans get too much protein and fat and sugar anyway. He's combining different amino acid profiles, including grains, beans, nuts and seeds (quinoa). One doesn't need to eat complimentary amino acids in the same meal. One's metabolism will combine them even if eaten many hours apart.

by Anonymousreply 40August 10, 2015 4:50 AM

I got heartburn just reading R37.

by Anonymousreply 41August 10, 2015 4:56 AM

Is this the thread where people try to outdo each other with their "healthier than thou" eating habits ?

Oh, brother........just give me my Big Mac 🍔, large fries 🍟, and a vanilla cone 🍦!

by Anonymousreply 42August 10, 2015 5:08 AM

Large fries, pie, large coffe... Repeat 5x per day

by Anonymousreply 43August 10, 2015 5:13 AM

r28 There are so many curries I love to cook. Chicken Tikka Masala, Tomato and lamb curry, Potato curry , Aloo Gobi curry, Scrambled eggs curry etc. I also like Palak Paneer but don't know how to cook.

r32 What ? No. Lol

by Anonymousreply 44August 10, 2015 6:18 AM

Have you ever cooked a Tim Curry?

by Anonymousreply 45August 10, 2015 6:28 AM

r45 Yes, it's tastes very bad on your tongue trust me

by Anonymousreply 46August 10, 2015 6:45 AM

The sauces change but I have pasta most every day of my life. It keeps me thin.

by Anonymousreply 47August 10, 2015 12:17 PM

There is no life without pasta !

by Anonymousreply 48August 10, 2015 12:26 PM

Taco Bell for breakfast, McDonald's for lunch, and Wendy's for dinner. Every day.

by Anonymousreply 49August 10, 2015 1:54 PM

Do people really eat twee, bespoke little diets like r35, or is he kidding?

I've never heard of a grown person who ate "fruit" for dinner. Mushroom flavored kefir for breakfast just after rolling out of bed? Gag, I'd be over the toilet!

It's spelled "pita", it's right on the bag.

by Anonymousreply 50August 10, 2015 1:55 PM

I have a weird diet. I graze throughout the day on small servings of cheese, fruit, nuts and homemade instant oatmeal. I do, however, cook a nice dinner every night. Usually more traditional Italian cuisine, but I like to cook indian and thai foods as well (I also do well with Cajun/creole cuisine). Tonight I'm making homemade ricotta gnocci with fresh pesto from the basil in my garden, and some halved roasted cherry tomatoes for texture.

by Anonymousreply 51August 10, 2015 2:08 PM

[quote]It's spelled "pita", it's right on the bag.

R50 Since pita or pitta is transliterated from the Arabic/Hebrew, how one chooses to spell it in English is arbitrary.

by Anonymousreply 52August 10, 2015 2:14 PM

Not really, R52. The correct transliteration has been decided, and it's "pita". That's why everywhere you go, it's uniformly spelled "pita". Duh.

Stop trying to make up bogus excuses that don't wash.

by Anonymousreply 53August 10, 2015 2:16 PM

R53 Uh, no it hasn't. Again, the English spelling is arbitrary and depends on where you are in the world:

Pita or pitta is a soft, slightly leavened flatbread baked from wheat flour. (from Wikipedia)

by Anonymousreply 54August 10, 2015 2:21 PM

I only eat what I can spell correctly.

by Anonymousreply 55August 10, 2015 2:32 PM

Breakfast: a cup of coffee and a slice of bread, preferably raisin

Lunch: watered down juice, a pop (when it's hot) or a cocktail

Dinner: something I've made homemade: one night will be the soup, salad or appetizer from a menu, the next night will be the entre with usually meat with either a veg or carb, rarely both.

Evening: nothing

When I eat, it's not lite or healthy but usually traditional Nordic foods: lots of butter, cream, fatty meat.

by Anonymousreply 56August 10, 2015 2:43 PM

potatoes

by Anonymousreply 57August 10, 2015 2:46 PM

Entre or Entrée ?

You decide !

by Anonymousreply 58August 10, 2015 3:50 PM

Depends on the weather, how hungry I am, or what I'm hungry for.

No rules in my house.

by Anonymousreply 59August 10, 2015 3:53 PM

Sandwich with cheese or/and ham and a slice of tomatoe on top of it. Musli with some fruits and yoghurt.

For lunch pasta or fish or a big bowl of some mixed salad.

Dinner, chicken or lamb with potatoes or rice and some salad.

by Anonymousreply 60August 10, 2015 9:33 PM

R23 needs to read recent studies and ditch the old myths about nutrition. here's a helpful link since you obviously have difficulty looking up recent relevant accurate info about protein.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 10, 2015 11:22 PM

R23 needs to read recent studies and ditch the old myths about nutrition. here's a helpful link since you obviously have difficulty looking up recent relevant accurate info about protein.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 10, 2015 11:24 PM

Posting it twice doesn't make it more helpful zealot boy

by Anonymousreply 63August 10, 2015 11:26 PM

Isn't it dangerous to eat too much tuna? I used to eat it regularly as part of a daily spinach salad - but then a co-worker mentioned the mercury poisoning.

Is that overhyped?

by Anonymousreply 64August 11, 2015 1:37 AM

I don't know, R64, is it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 11, 2015 1:46 AM

R64 it is, we don't even feed it to the cats. humans aren't made to be omnivores.

by Anonymousreply 66August 11, 2015 5:41 PM

More freaky eaters please.

by Anonymousreply 67August 11, 2015 10:35 PM

Have adopted this way of eating beginning in February. Now down 40 pounds. No weighing or measuring of food, I eat as much as I need. Walk daily approximately one hour total. Gym 3x week for a bit of cardio and strength training.

Breakfast, either greek yogurt and fruit with nuts, omelet with veggies, or cottage cheese with fruit.

Lunch - salad with protein (tuna, shrimp, or turkey) , veggies olive oil/vinegar or stir fry zucchini, peppers, cherry tomatoes with chick peas

or hummus and veggies, fruit

or homemade soup with an egg white omelet, low fat cheese

Dinner - usually fish, broiled or steamed, veggies, sometimes brown rice

or homemade soup with beans and veggies

or homemade turkey chili

Snacks: nuts, low fat cheese, homemade guacamole with veggies

by Anonymousreply 68August 11, 2015 10:48 PM

I wonder how much healthier the US population would be if nutrition was taught in public schools? Considering the way some subjects are taught - maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 69August 11, 2015 11:03 PM

R61, does your diet make you cunty or is it something else? By the way, why don't you check out the author of that article or is it too difficult for you to do a basic background check?

by Anonymousreply 70August 11, 2015 11:54 PM

Where on earth is the word 'pita' spelled with 2 Ts?

by Anonymousreply 71August 12, 2015 6:25 AM

[quote]Jaques Pepin

Really, R58?

by Anonymousreply 72August 12, 2015 8:17 AM

Does saying "veggies" make you feel like you're still six years old, R68? It sure makes you sound like it.

by Anonymousreply 73August 12, 2015 8:18 AM

[quote]humans aren't made to be omnivores.

We most certainly are!

Are you always this backwards, r64?

by Anonymousreply 74August 12, 2015 7:17 PM

It varies except for the pint of ice cream I have to have.

by Anonymousreply 75November 23, 2020 3:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!