Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beau Biden Urged His Father to Run For President in 2016

I have been reading and hearing this story over and over again, and I'm surprised that no one is asking what Beau Biden meant when he said this:

"The New York Times reported on Saturday, in a story that included the detail of Biden's conversation with his son.

"Beau was losing his nouns and the right side of his face was partially paralyzed. But he had a mission: He tried to make his father promise to run, arguing that the White House should not revert to the Clintons and that the country would be better off with Biden values," Times columnist Maureen Dowd wrote."

This is probably the worst criticism of the Clintons, that I've ever seen in print.

Why? Because it's not coming from the right-wing, or Fox noise, or any of the usual suspects.

It's coming from pretty much universally beloved and stand-up guy, Beau Biden. And he's not just your average Clinton watcher. He was the Vice-President's son, who probably had first hand knowledge and interactions with the Clintons. Not only that, but I'm sure that Joe Biden probably shared/shares all of the dirty details of Washington politics with Jill and the rest of the family, so he had information that most other people would never had known about the Clintons.

So when you have this man, Beau Biden, basically saying that Joe MUST run for President based on HIS family's values, rather than the Clintons' values, the implication is that there is something seriously wrong with the Clinton family, and how they would run the country.

He was begging his father on his death bed, to thwart Hillary Clinton's Presidential ambition.

If this is not the most scathing indictment of her, then I don't know what is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 29, 2020 2:34 PM

Sorry. Love Uncle Joe. But he needs to have a seat. Not happening. Deathbed promise or not....

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2015 1:30 AM

I haven't read Dowd's piece, and won't. I don't get her rage with the Clintons. How did she gain knowledge of what Beau Biden said to his father as he lay dying? Is this just another of Dowd's fantasies?

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2015 4:45 AM

Joe Biden is too old to be president. If he were to win the presidency, he will turn 74 years old in November 2016. And I believe that someone running fr president has to think in terms of eight years, not just four. I like Joe Biden, but his time has passed when it comes to being president even though he seems quite vital right now.

If Hillary were to win the presidency, she will be 69 years old when inaugurated. That's getting up there, but I still feel she gets in under the wire when it comes to age.

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2015 5:50 AM

These sorts of sob stories are getting very old.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2015 5:56 AM

Please. Of course the dying lad wanted his dad to be president.

Where do you think Dowd got this from. Either her bitter, nasty imagination or from Joe's camp.

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2015 6:38 AM

[quote]Joe Biden is too old to be president. If he were to win the presidency, he will turn 74 years old in November 2016.

You don't say...

by Anonymousreply 6July 29, 2020 2:11 AM

So what's the point?

Of course Beau preferred his dad over Hillary. Doesn't mean Joe would have won either the primary nor the presidency in 2016.

Trash paper NYT - barf!

by Anonymousreply 7July 29, 2020 2:21 AM

Why'd Beau go into the military? Probably what killed him.

by Anonymousreply 8July 29, 2020 3:20 AM

I'm voting Biden for obvious reasons (ie we're experiencing a global crisis and republicans are clinically insane ) but I doubt this happened. Maureen Dowd is a well known pathological liar who has repeatedly been caught plagiarising and misquoting.

by Anonymousreply 9July 29, 2020 4:22 AM

YOU DUMB CUNTS! This garbage bumped by the 2015 BumpTroll. Can't you read?

by Anonymousreply 10July 29, 2020 1:33 PM

Yes, we can tell it’s from 2015. đŸ™„

MoDo the Dodo has been a rabid Clinton-hater for decades. She is a delusional bitch who spins tall tales and is never to be trusted regarding anything involving either Hillary or Bill.

by Anonymousreply 11July 29, 2020 2:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!