Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bill Cosby tried to have16-year-old Janis Ian banned from TV for being a lesbian

[quote] [...]A while later, my manager called me into her office. "What happened at the Smothers Brothers show?!" I had no idea what she was talking about, and said so. "Well, no one else on TV is willing to have you on. Not out there, anyway." Why? I wondered. And was told that Cosby, seeing me asleep in the chaperone's lap, had made it his business to "warn" other shows that I wasn't "suitable family entertainment", was probably a lesbian, and shouldn't be on television.

[quote] Again, a reminder. I was 16. I'd never slept with a man, I'd never slept with a woman. Hell, I barely been kissed, and that in the middle of the summer camp sports area, next to the ping pong table.

[quote] Banned from TV. Unbelievable. Bless Johnny Carson and his producer Freddy de Cordova, one of the nicest men I've ever worked with, because they didn't listen. Or maybe they didn't give a damn. I don't know. I do know that they broke the barrier Cosby tried to create.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 3, 2018 11:14 AM

He sounds like a dick

by Anonymousreply 1July 29, 2015 12:50 AM

Did she discover this right away or did she learn the truth later, when she was seventeen?

by Anonymousreply 2July 29, 2015 12:57 AM

Such a complete low life perverted excuse for a man that Cosby. It gets worse everyday. I'll never eat jello again

by Anonymousreply 3July 29, 2015 12:59 AM

Now we know what she learned the year after.

by Anonymousreply 4July 29, 2015 12:59 AM

"Perverts make the very best scolds."

-- Mrs. Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian

by Anonymousreply 5July 29, 2015 1:22 AM

I don't think it was because she was a lesbian. It was probably because she was going to sing "Society's Child" which was about interracial romance. I'm sure Bill hated the song, which I'm pretty sure he never heard but someone told him about.

by Anonymousreply 6July 29, 2015 3:37 AM

I learned the truth at seventeen,

Don't date men who use Afro Sheen . . .

by Anonymousreply 7July 29, 2015 3:49 AM

I just love how Crosby is living out his golden years. Even his beloved Spelman dropped its affiliation with him after all the millions and good PR he got. Nothing but ignominy for him now.

by Anonymousreply 8July 29, 2015 4:34 AM

I'm just glad he's getting to watch his legacy crumble while he's alive. Hopefully lawsuits and jail will follow.

by Anonymousreply 9July 29, 2015 4:48 AM

Me too, r9. Me too. Bill Cosby is finally getting the taste of his own medicine. I don't believe the people in the industry who worked with him in the past can't stand to look at him.

by Anonymousreply 10July 30, 2015 10:30 PM

Bill Cosby tried to roofie me once at The Battle of the Network Stars. Didn't work. I had other dru...meatloaf in my system and it just gave me diarrhea. I shat in one of the pools and they had to drain that pool. Shooting was postponed for the day. No matter. We all went to party at Tom Wopat's. Luckily, he had tons of Kaopectate, so my runs dried up after a couple hours. Got fucked by Merlin Olsen in the pool house. All in all a good day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 26, 2015 5:29 AM

She should be banned for being annoying. Pretty much the same thing

by Anonymousreply 12January 3, 2018 8:26 AM

This certainly puts a new twist on the lyrics to that song.

by Anonymousreply 13January 3, 2018 11:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!