Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

TRIGGER WARNING: The Final Michfest is just days away

A historical (herstorical?) moment is upon us.

No more nutloaf, no more cheese puffs, no more vagina capes.

I, for one, am mourning an institution. Long may the wimmin of Michfest reign!

by Anonymousreply 121June 24, 2020 2:17 PM

I'm already mourning the loss of Michfest. For this reason alone, we should loathe and dispute the tranny manifesto. Will something else fill the void that Michfest leaves on DL?

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2015 9:18 PM

Stay golden, nutloaf.

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2015 9:20 PM

TRANSFEST! For ladies with feminine penises!

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2015 9:21 PM

R3, I would donate the land, IF, everything was on camera

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2015 9:30 PM

I'm taking Shame Reducing Showers as I type. The showers are unsuccessful of course, because they don't happen on Michfest.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2015 9:33 PM

For at least 10 years now, I have been Artemis WombMoonThyme, Womyntrepreneur on the wonderful Michfest threads — but this year I will doff my vagina cape and make a deep and sincere bow to the systers who have provided us with so much entertainment over the years.

I'm sorry your tradition is coming to an end.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2015 9:33 PM

You know I can't help but think about DL's special snowflake that thought moon cups were used "to catch moonbeams". That still makes me laugh every time I see a Michfest thread.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2015 9:37 PM

R6 I take my menstrual cup off in salute to you, and lift it high with respect.

I will also sincerely miss the systers of Michfest.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2015 9:42 PM

As per previous years, please be advised that the final Breast Casting for Womyn of Color seminar is for womyn of color born [bold]IN THIS LIFETIME.[/bold] We couldn't give two shits if Rachel Dolezal is your spirit animal.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2015 9:48 PM

Thank you for telling them NOW so you don't have to tell them THEN, Syster Nkrumah.

I'll slip some extra hemp protein into your nut loaf. It sounds like you need it.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2015 9:54 PM

You know what's really sad? For all the new-age loopy-doopy we love to giggle over, it's clear a lot of lesbians looked forward to it every year and had a lot of harmless fun. It's disgusting how the trans assholes ruined it for them.

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2015 10:01 PM

Amen, R11

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2015 10:06 PM

I never saw our amusement about what's going on at Michfest as mean spirited. It was more of teasing between friends nature.

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2015 10:09 PM

Mitchfest a sexual thing? Meaning, is it like a bonding thing or more a hook up fest?

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2015 10:10 PM

Sorry, Mich.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2015 10:11 PM

I'm sorry that so many cool women have lost Michfest but honestly, it was doomed to fail.

You simply cannot charge $400+ a ticket, transportation not included, AND force the attendees to do hard labor as 'part of the experience.'

Oh for God's sake, only a lesbian would think it okay to charge people to work for them! And heavy lifting, 8 hours of standing, serving meals--what the hell kind of a vacation was this?!

And with the high rates of disability among the attendees who could fill all of the work orders? That would force the able-bodied women to shoulder the work, and again, what kind of a vacation is that?

Was there a liability clause in case of work-related injuries, and was the work requirement considered volunteerism?

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2015 10:14 PM

[quote]Oh for God's sake, only a lesbian would think it okay to charge people to work for them!

Funny but not quite true. Abercrombie and Fitch is being sued by its employees who were forced to buy its clothes every time a new line came out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2015 10:18 PM

Pardon me for not including a Trigger Warning on my post, whose Link Preview posts an image of a semi-clad male, clearly Not Safe for a thread about Michfest.

by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2015 10:21 PM

Everybody sing along....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2015 10:28 PM

I was always laughing and posting on the threads but never wanted to see it end. I believe they own the land and could use it for other purposes. As sad and upsetting as it is to many of the women who went, I am sure we'll see some wonderfully overwrought postss among the good ones on the Fest site.

Fasten your seat belts, it's not over yet.

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2015 10:35 PM

I guess I'm late to the party. How did the trannies ruin Michfest for lesbians?

Oh, and R17, I enjoyed the picture greatly. Fank you for posting.

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2015 11:07 PM

R21, you are so late to the party you shouldn't even be given the gossip.

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2015 11:12 PM

Sorry, I don't follow too many of the lesbian or trans threads here. More than anything else, I'm here to talk about and drool over the naked male form.

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2015 11:41 PM

[quote]The exclusion of transgender women from the fest has led performers such as the Indigo Girls, Antigone Rising, and Lea DeLaria to withdraw from the event, and last year several national LGBT organizations signed on to a petition from statewide LGBT group Equality Michigan calling on the festival to change its rule limiting attendance to “womyn-born-womyn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2015 11:56 PM

It should be womyn-born-womyn. That was the whole damn point. Trannies, who are less than 1% of the population, have been given an unnecessarily loud megaphone to tout their agenda. It is fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 25July 23, 2015 12:01 AM

Drop the T!

by Anonymousreply 26July 23, 2015 12:22 AM

As a fat woman I will miss being useful on garbage detail.

by Anonymousreply 27July 23, 2015 12:26 AM

A penised person by any other name...

by Anonymousreply 28July 23, 2015 12:29 AM

[quote]I'm sorry that so many cool women have lost Michfest but honestly, it was doomed to fail.

Yep! 40 years after it started, the whole experiment came crashing down because they tricked the lezzies into being free labor! Doomed! Doomed!

R16, it's very obvious you don't know anything about this topic, so it's best if you sit this thread out.

by Anonymousreply 29July 23, 2015 3:05 AM

Thank you, R24.

by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2015 3:28 AM

Please, the trans community is being used to cause trouble within the LGB(T) community the same way African Americans as a group were used to cause trouble within the LGB(T) community a couple of years back. It's a devious ploy by some nasty anti gay organisation.

by Anonymousreply 31July 23, 2015 6:09 AM

Who has the link to their message board?

VOTN used to do a great job at sharing tasty morsels but I think the anti-VOTN posters have chased him away.

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2015 5:54 PM

Fuck the T's! Fuck them right in their fake pussys.!

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2015 6:39 PM

Flashback to "Law & Order: Michfest," which proved some of you are clever bitches:

[quote]In the Michigan criminal justice system, the womyn perpetually hate-raped by penised persons are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the womyn police who investigate hate-rapes and associated crimes, and the womyn district attorneys who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories.

In one episode, a prominent member of the Allergy Community is poisoned by a cilantro-laced burrito at Burrito Night, and Mariska is called in to solve.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2015 8:35 PM

I wish someone still had the link to the NOW/THEN post.

by Anonymousreply 35July 24, 2015 12:09 AM

Why would a transgender person want to attend Michfest so badly in the first place anyhow? I mean really.

by Anonymousreply 36July 27, 2015 10:08 PM

I miss those wacky gals already.

by Anonymousreply 37July 27, 2015 10:15 PM

I've been to Paradise but I've never been to MichFest...

by Anonymousreply 38July 28, 2015 12:55 AM

It has been moved to NY State

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 28, 2015 1:00 AM

So does that mean it's still the last year?

It's a shame really. It's not my cup of tea but I'm all for people going out and making new friends and having fun. I wish the mtf's weren't such party poopers. Make your own MTF Fest if it's so important to you, and invite whomever you like.

Since the concept behind Michfest was womyn getting to commune with one another, why wouldn't transsexuals or mtf's want a Fest of their own just for them? It could be fun, and people could share their experiences and help each other out.

by Anonymousreply 40July 28, 2015 1:14 AM

Of course, if the trannies were able to become less self-involved and actually organize something like this they would go apeshit if a cis person wanted to attend.

by Anonymousreply 41July 30, 2015 1:34 PM

I hope VotN comes back to the fold for the final fest.

by Anonymousreply 42August 1, 2015 12:23 PM

I agree, R41.

by Anonymousreply 43August 4, 2015 9:50 PM

Systers > cisters.

by Anonymousreply 44August 4, 2015 9:57 PM

Can we maybe keep the subject off the trannie bashing and on a celebration of the powerful gynergy that is pulsing in Hart for the last time?

Rise, sisterwomyn, rise!

by Anonymousreply 45August 4, 2015 10:18 PM

The tranny manifesto is going to implode. The great thing is LGB won't have to do a damn thing, Brucillasaurasrex is going to do it all for us.

by Anonymousreply 46August 4, 2015 10:18 PM

"gynergy" is fabulous, R45.

From your mouth, R46.

by Anonymousreply 47August 4, 2015 10:19 PM

I hope it keeps going. I feel like I should go at least once during my lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 48August 4, 2015 10:21 PM

Sorry lez, it's all over but for the Shame Reducing Showers.

I believe The Land is even scheduled to be sold.

by Anonymousreply 49August 4, 2015 10:23 PM

What will they build on the land? Does it have to go through some sort of biohazard cleaning after having moon cups emptied on it for years?

by Anonymousreply 50August 4, 2015 10:25 PM

It's already a SuperFund site.

Plans for the moment include bringing in engineers to construct a metal and concrete sarcophagus, using knowledge from Chernobyl.

by Anonymousreply 51August 4, 2015 10:32 PM

Tonight is the final Tuesday Ritual Honoring The Land And Ourselves, where sisterwomyn of good nature gather to "dance, chant, and practice magic."

There is some concern that because there hasn't been much rain, so that the womyn's candles may be a fire hazard. Unitynme has suggested using battery-powered candles instead, and is sure the Goddess won't mind. Also, please make sure you bring sacred water for the ritual bowls.

Thursday is Paisley Day. Wear your paisley clothing with pride. To celebrate the fact that you have paisley clothing. That's it. That's what it's for.

by Anonymousreply 52August 5, 2015 12:03 AM

I hope it does too for your sake, and others like you. R48. It seems so wrong that it's ending for this reason. But let's admit, it's not just for this reason. In the social media age, going and doing doesn't seem to have the same appeal unless, like coachella, it's going to be massively tweeted about by shiny happy celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 53August 5, 2015 1:11 AM

I am one with the land!

I am one with the wimmin!

I am ying yanging my yoni and my clitoris is screaming Howdy!

Now take those children away! And bring me another lover.

by Anonymousreply 54August 5, 2015 1:14 AM

seakayakwitchdyke seems to have nothing to do but post on the Michfest forums constantly.

I never knew this, but the only beverage Fest provides is water. But it's sacred water from wells on the Land. So if you need coffee, bring it, or head over to the Cuntree Store.

by Anonymousreply 55August 5, 2015 10:21 AM

I was looking at their facebook page over the weekend and they (the people running Michfest) were begging for donations. Took me a minute and then I'm like huh? They don't need money for anything else since this thing is done after this year and they more than brought in enough money to pay for it. They didn't specify what they needed money for but the were hustling for it pretty hard, but hey you can never have too much money I guess, but maybe they could have sold something like last Michfest memorial vagina capes or something so the woman wouldn't feel like they were being hateraped by their own kind. They've since taken down that post as well as some really funny posts from women on their way to fest this past weekend.

by Anonymousreply 56August 5, 2015 11:23 AM

So why did they pull the plug on it?

by Anonymousreply 57August 5, 2015 12:28 PM

Pressure from the trannies and I think we all know the crowd was starting to dwindle. Also, I'm sure this isn't the most well monied population so paying for the event probably got to be too much.

by Anonymousreply 58August 5, 2015 12:29 PM

The smallest number they are suppose to have there this year is 5000. Not bad money when you don't have to save any of it for next year's fest.

by Anonymousreply 59August 5, 2015 1:25 PM

It's also because it's the 40th Anniversary. Sisterwomyn who might have sat out in the past few years are going because of that. Last year they were begging the womyn to consider buying additional tickets for womyn who were no longer with us.

I'm assuming they weren't expecting the sisters attending on the spiritual plane to do work shifts, but you never know.

by Anonymousreply 60August 5, 2015 2:19 PM

Do they put estrogen in the water to curb the mood swings and hot flashes?

by Anonymousreply 61August 5, 2015 4:10 PM

Law and Order Michfest

Final Episode

Who Killed Michfest?

Pressure has been brought to close Michfest. At the final fest there is much weeping and gnashing of teeth. There are alcohol fueled wailing circles every hour of every day in every camp. There is self harm in the form of eating red meat and cilantro. There is no twirling of vagina capes. When the seventh fester is removed screaming in pain because she drank her shampoo in the hope of dying at fest and becoming one with the land Ole Livia-Monpants (played by Mariska Hargitay) is called in and she knows right away there is fuckery afoot in those ferns.

After a long day spent trying to track down rumors, conspiracy theories and some decent food, an exhausted Ole is about to head back into town for the night when she realizes her car has been stolen by the boys escaping from Brother Sun. With nowhere to turn she throws herself on the mercy of Lessa Gargle, the former owner of the land, and begs to be allowed to stay. Grudgingly she is told she can sleep in the back of one of the U-Haul trailers that litter the land. Lessa posts a guard, Nan the head of security, in front of the trailer strictly for "Ole's own safety" she says. Two tired to argue she falls asleep immediately. Waking several hours later Ole has to pee. Carefully climbing out of the U-Haul she realizes her guard Nan has gone and in her place a scurry of squirrels nest for the night in the chair. Quietly trying to find her way to the port-a-janes she stops in horror when she sees right in front of her, not more than eight feet away, sitting in Lessa Gargle's RV is a MAN! In a state of complete confusion and terror Ole forgets all of her training and screams. Something catches her eye and as she turns her head to look she is hit in the head with a large stale nut loaf that had been used to prop open the door in Lyssa's RV. She crumbles to the ground unconscious.

Coming to a few minutes later Ole finds herself laying in Lessa's RV while she holds an ice pack to her head. Looking up at Lessa Ole notices that something is very wrong. Reaching her hand up to gently touch Lessa's face she asks her simply

"Explain?"

Rubbing the five o'clock shadow she tells her

"My name now is Gary, Gary Gargle"

He explains that the years of what seemed to be trans hate was really fear of who he knew he really was. After the huge turnout for last years 'Fest, combined with the increase in ticket prices and money making scams at 'Fest, he would have the $50 million he would need to retire as well as pay for the radical new penis transplant surgery bought thru a black market surgeon in China. After his successful penis transplant surgery he found out that his doctor, Sum Ting Wong and her husband Ho Lee Fuk had searched into his past and found out the true identity of his feminine and used that to blackmail him. Under the threat of exposure to the Michfest womyn they forced him to sell the sacred land and donate the money plus all of his money to Granny Trannies Fannies, their charity that funds surgery to create Kardashian size butts for poor trans-crone-women of color. The surgeon and her husband have disappeared back into China with no way to trace them once their charity received the money.The new owners of the land had allowed him to have one last fest before he was to start his new life. Now he doesn't know what will become of him. Ole takes his hand and tells him they will figure that out later, together.

End

by Anonymousreply 62August 5, 2015 5:02 PM

That should be Trannyfesto, R46.

by Anonymousreply 63August 5, 2015 6:55 PM

The first comment from the article r24 posted: Elle Wong · Bibliomancer at Half Price Books goodbye michfest, a glorified hate group that encouraged violence against trans women, providing money to many, many people who actively attacked trans women.

goodbye michfest, a transphobic hate group that allowed trans men– people who identify AS MEN– into “womyn’s spaces”, BECAUSE VAGINAS, misgendering trans men and trans women while reinforcing the regressive, patriarchal idea that body parts define who you are.

goodbye michfest, a racist hate group that ignored millenia of cultural traditions of gender nonconformity and gender fluidity in PoC cultures, choosing instead to reinforce an imperialist and colonialist gender binary.

goodbye michfest, a rape-culture enabling space that called all people with penises rapists while ignoring the reality that trans women are many times more likely to be sexually assaulted, and completely erasing the existence of survivors of female rapists.

goodbye michfest, a horribly irrelevant and pathetic space that decided to exclude the women who needed a safe space the most.

GOODBYE MICHFEST, A HATE GROUP TO THE BITTER END. NO ONE OF ANY DECENCY WILL MISS YOU.

GOOD RIDDANCE AND BURN IN HELL.

by Anonymousreply 64August 5, 2015 7:14 PM

[quote]goodbye michfest, a transphobic hate group that allowed trans men– people who identify AS MEN– into “womyn’s spaces”, BECAUSE VAGINAS, misgendering trans men and trans women while reinforcing the regressive, patriarchal idea that body parts define who you are.

What the fuck does this even mean? BECAUSE ILLITERATE.

by Anonymousreply 65August 5, 2015 7:18 PM

R65, it appears the person is upset that female-to-male individuals are allowed at Michfest while male-to-female individuals are not. I agree... but then I really don't care.

Though I'd think if attendance was dropping off they'd open it up to more people and realize the younger generation they need to aim for supports trans rights. Clinging to the ideals of a previous generation leads to death. Ask the Republican party how their stance on gay marriage worked out for them.

by Anonymousreply 66August 5, 2015 7:53 PM

[quote]reinforcing the regressive, patriarchal idea that body parts define who you are

Hmm...they do. These people are insane.

by Anonymousreply 67August 5, 2015 7:58 PM

Exclusionary practices are not always ethically wrong. As repulsive as I find the Catholic Church, I don't expect them to allow men in the Pink Sisters' convent. But when the decision-makers are the type of people who build their "affirmation of community" on the kinds of whacko, penis-hating, self-victimizing, male-bashing, hate-is-love, hide-the-boy-children, vegan-gluten-free-organic-untouched-by-male-hands sugar sneakers, the demise of the group was inevitable.

The transgender bashing here also is unneeded, as trans-deniers sound like nothing but homophobes using different words and citing bad research and their own ignorance as justifications of their hate speech. Once again, transgender issues are not an extreme form of militant body dysmorphic disorder. Of course some transgender people have psychological issues - who wouldn't, living with it? But people here on the DL - including the DL team - accept the worst kinds of attacks while banning and preventing other forms of bias. It's just wrong.

And the problems that Michfest (as supremely wonderful as it has been to riff about) always has had have less to do with transgender demands than the built-in lunacy at its core. I don't wish I were Amanda Lapore, but I sure as hell am glad I'm not one of those worshippers of false constructs on what it is to be a woman - or man.

by Anonymousreply 68August 5, 2015 8:32 PM

I'm screaming with angry power! Why isn't this thread one for the herstory books?

by Anonymousreply 69August 7, 2015 8:48 PM

[quote]Bibliomancer at Half Price Books

So, cashier then.

by Anonymousreply 70August 7, 2015 8:53 PM

This is it. Today is the last day.

There are thousands of reasons to dislike the trannies, but the destruction of michfest and the entertainment it provided is unforgivable.

by Anonymousreply 71August 9, 2015 10:45 AM

[quote]There are thousands of reasons to dislike the trannies, but the destruction of michfest and the entertainment it provided is unforgivable.

Don't blame only the trans Tumblr brigade for this. I'm not saying it wasn't part of it, but there's a fair amount of it that's due to the fact that Michfest is frozen in its 70s Second-Wave Feminist ideals. Attendance has been declining for years because younger women don't really go along with the militant separatism.

Still, flights of angels sing ye to your rest, Michfest. I'll miss it.

I'm making a nutloaf as I type.

by Anonymousreply 72August 9, 2015 10:50 AM

Michfest had a good 40 year run, provided a safe haven for fringe fems and an unending source of joy for the organizers, the attendees, and DL. Rather than succumb to aggressive attempts to sully the sentiment, turn Michfest into a travesty, the organizers did the right thing in graciously calling a halt to the proceedings. Well done, systerwomyn!

Taking a last shame-reducing shower in solidarity.

by Anonymousreply 73August 9, 2015 11:26 AM

Has anyone pre ordered their Hogs of Michfest 2016 calendar?

by Anonymousreply 74August 9, 2015 11:30 AM

I hope the Rainbow Express makes it back to Cape Girardeau in one piece. I always worry about Denise steering with her legs while she tokes.

by Anonymousreply 75August 9, 2015 11:34 AM

That poster is spot on r64. END ANTI-TRANS BIGOTRY NOW!

by Anonymousreply 76August 9, 2015 12:41 PM

Do you suppose Rose ever made it there? Has her psychotic daughter gone full Rhoda Penmark yet?

by Anonymousreply 77August 9, 2015 12:50 PM

The penised person at R76 may fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 78August 9, 2015 1:05 PM

Ze has clearly stated zir boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 79August 9, 2015 1:09 PM

From an old thread, from MasterAmazonWarrior

[quote]"Hhhmmmm I remember a time in the Twilight Zone when I had the privilege of fisting not one,but two women, and well,it took what time it took, and that seemed quite a while, at the minimum 15-20 minutes if not longer....with alot of sexy buildup and sensuality before and after.....and the roaring went on and on and on.....ummmhhhmmmm. It was timeless....and they sure got their Big O...and not from me alone either....what lucky women they were!"

by Anonymousreply 80August 9, 2015 1:13 PM

R80 my jaw may never rise again..

by Anonymousreply 81August 9, 2015 1:17 PM

How dare you say trans, r76. Trans is noncisphobic. You must say end non cis bigotry on odd numbered days. You must say end chromosomal disparity bigotry on even numbered days.

by Anonymousreply 82August 9, 2015 1:18 PM

R82 he DOES dare and I DARE to tell you to go shave your feet, dear - those hobbit hairs are bristling under those strappy sandals

by Anonymousreply 83August 9, 2015 1:19 PM

I kind of wish we'd crowd-funded the Rainbow Express for Denise this year. Even if she'd been the only passenger, you know it would have been the high point of her life.

by Anonymousreply 84August 9, 2015 1:38 PM

R83, you need an enema.

by Anonymousreply 85August 9, 2015 1:59 PM

I'm ashamed to say that it is only just now that I realize the name of this event is Michfest and not Mitchfest.

by Anonymousreply 86August 9, 2015 2:05 PM

Do you know what a moon cup is r,86?

by Anonymousreply 87August 9, 2015 2:35 PM

[quote]I'm ashamed to say that it is only just now that I realize the name of this event is Michfest and not Mitchfest.

TRIGGER WARNING! HATE RAPE! MURDER!

by Anonymousreply 88August 9, 2015 3:07 PM

All of the Facebook michfest groups are closed!!!

by Anonymousreply 89August 9, 2015 5:13 PM

The DL appears to be closed too, or at least emptied of the old crowd, given that this thread would have attracted hundreds of replies a couple of years back.

by Anonymousreply 90August 9, 2015 5:15 PM

[quote]The DL appears to be closed too, or at least emptied of the old crowd, given that this thread would have attracted hundreds of replies a couple of years back.

It's less satisfying somehow to make fun of it now that it's ending. And without the Facebook groups, we don't have nearly as much material to goof on. The cyberbeggar posts were always my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 91August 9, 2015 5:50 PM

I felt like this was a last hooray as much for DL as for the wimmin at Michfest. This time next year I'll be full on depressed when the sound of the land no longer calls out to our sistren.

by Anonymousreply 92August 9, 2015 6:18 PM

I'm sad about Michfest being herstory too.

by Anonymousreply 93August 9, 2015 6:31 PM

Anybody know who won the final cheeseball competition?

by Anonymousreply 94August 9, 2015 9:40 PM

Michigan offered something glorious: a zone free of male entitlement and violence. It's sad to think there will never be another place as safe and freeing.

by Anonymousreply 95August 9, 2015 9:44 PM

[quote]To be in a place where everything that makes me a freak "in the real world" is somehow normal at fest. I want to catch the eyes of other bearded womyn and have a whole conversation without any words exchanged. To know I'm not the only womon who has been sir'd despite my 42G cup size. (I like to think the G stands for Goddess

by Anonymousreply 96August 9, 2015 9:50 PM

Here, sisters, here is the nutloaf recipe. Enjoy it. Relish it. Imagine wimmin eating it with you! Cook: 400 lbs. of Brown Rice

Chop:

425 lbs. Onions

310 lbs. Mushrooms

400 lbs. Carrots

400 lbs. Yams

105 bunches Parsley

Mince: 13 lbs. of Garlic

Cube: 400 lbs. of Tofu

Blend: 1.75 lbs. Thyme

1.75 lbs. Margoram

1.33 lbs. Sage

Measure: 55 lbs. Walnuts

55 lbs. Peanuts

90 lbs. Sunflower Seeds

3.5 gal. Vegetable Oil

Grate: 150 lbs. Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Roast nuts in light oil, stirring constantly. Saute Onions, then Carrots, then Yams, then mushrooms. Add Garlic and Herbs, stir through. Add Tofu, and bring everything to a slow boil and simmer. Combine Veggie/Nut mixture with rice and grated cheese.

Note: Make a pot without Nuts.

Can go with 7680 pita bread halves and 168 lbs. of Tortilla Chips.

by Anonymousreply 97August 9, 2015 9:51 PM

Typical. The Always-A-Victim-In-All-Ways Michfesters blame the Trans community instead of themselves.

The festival has been failing for years. It doesn't make a profit. It demands hard labor from people who have paid to attend. Its policies are archaic and separatist, making it unappealing and/or unacceptable to progressives. Most people don't want to go on vacation and be forced to send their male children away - go figure. Most people don't hate all men or believe that all men are rapists. Also, it's in fucking Michigan.

The trannies didn't kill Michfest, the Michfesters killed it themselves. Their rigidity and unwillingness to move forward with the times was their death knell. They're too dependent on a victim mentality to stand up and accept responsibility so they blame the Trannies.

by Anonymousreply 98August 9, 2015 10:22 PM

Denise, you didn't have to tell us you've been smoking copious amounts of pot. We could tell from your post.

by Anonymousreply 99August 9, 2015 10:34 PM

[quote]Typical. The Always-A-Victim-In-All-Ways Michfesters blame the Trans community instead of themselves.

You know, it's not impossible for people with a victimization complex to actually BE victims.

by Anonymousreply 100August 9, 2015 11:06 PM

I wonder if this womon ever got her spell finished.

[quote]Hulllo! I have in my possession a copper two-pence with Her Majesty on one side and a fleur di lys on the other. It is dated 1994, so I assume its fairly modern and still in circulation? Would it be possible for someone to bring me a roll of these, if they are still in circulation? I am preparing a ritual for Friday morning and want to use this as a elemental magical object for the participants.

by Anonymousreply 101August 9, 2015 11:13 PM

[quote] You know, it's not impossible for people with a victimization complex to actually BE victims.

Yes, I know that and I don't care. I'm sick to death of people and their victimization complexes. I have compassion for people in all kinds of circumstances - of my own accord. Some whiny, self-absorbed cunt trying to manipulate me into feeling sorry for her gets absolutely zero traction. She has no one but herself to blame.

by Anonymousreply 102August 9, 2015 11:39 PM

Were the service dogs required to be female? Because if they all weren't, some of the bitches might have been hate-raped by the male dogs.

by Anonymousreply 103August 9, 2015 11:45 PM

[quote]Body Painting TIP of the day: When asking a beautiful womon if you can body paint her, do not take it personally if she says, "No Thank You." Take a deep breath and go ask that other beautiful womon if you can paint her. Look her in the eye and say something like, "Would you like to be body painted?" "How much does it cost?", she'll ask. "It's Free! Do you have a few hours? Will you get completely naked? No?........Yes you can wear just your favorite sarong. Is it okay if it gets a little paint on it?" Then tell her about acrylic paint and how it can be permanent if left to dry on fabric. Show her where she can put her water bottle, day pack and clothes under the Painting Tree. While you are painting, focus on color and design and what you are doing. This is not a time for 20 questions but a few are okay. The person being painted will be too busy soaking up all the activity around her and dealing with the new feeling of being licked with a paintbrush with her shirt off while trying not to giggle. Her girlfriend, on the other hand, may have 20 questions for you mostly related to body painting.

[quote]Acrylic is also very difficult to remove from pubic hair. Even if you avoid painting the pubic area suggest that they might want to wear something to cover their pubic hair while they are showering the acrylic paint off so the little bits of paint (plastic) won’t get caught in their pubic hair. They will be picking it out for days. This could be a fun grooming activity with a loving partner later, but not usually a desired effect of acrylic body paints

by Anonymousreply 104August 10, 2015 8:29 AM

Where did you find that gem, r104??

by Anonymousreply 105August 10, 2015 2:41 PM

With the Michfest forum DOA, I've been mining old threads for tidbits. The "partner pulls globs of paint for your pubic hair" was too good/horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 106August 10, 2015 3:24 PM

R98 clearly has a penis. It stinks of dick cheese, entitlement, and rape culture.

by Anonymousreply 107August 10, 2015 3:35 PM

Alas...the demise of Michfest does bring a tear to my eye. I shall give the vagina cape one last twirl before I hang it up for good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 10, 2015 9:12 PM

HELP! I'm stuck in the Brother Sun Gulag! GET ME OUT OF HERE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 10, 2015 9:18 PM

This isn't discussion isn't half bad. nanmichiganwomyn made an appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 10, 2015 9:32 PM

Bless those crazy broads and their little hand-knitted socks.

by Anonymousreply 111August 10, 2015 9:40 PM

[quote]Acrylic is also very difficult to remove from pubic hair. Even if you avoid painting the pubic area suggest that they might want to wear something to cover their pubic hair while they are showering the acrylic paint off so the little bits of paint (plastic) won’t get caught in their pubic hair. They will be picking it out for days. This could be a fun grooming activity with a loving partner later, but not usually a desired effect of acrylic body paints

This is amazing. I kind of wish I could be a lesbian for a few days so I could go. It seems kinda fun.

by Anonymousreply 112August 10, 2015 9:44 PM

My boyfriend and I went to see Kate Clinton over the weekend in Provincetown for the first time in about 15 years. Still funny as hell. She did a great bit about the disappearance of lesbians and talked about how great it was to see Alison Bechdel's memoir "Fun Home" turned into a Broadway musical with Lisa Kron as one of the creators, and to watch it take home five Tony awards. She pointed out, however, that the word "lesbian" was never once used in association with the show throughout the broadcast, not even in acceptance speeches.

She then mentioned this being the final year of MichFest and how sad that was on the one hand, but then she criticized "grumpy boomer geezers like myself" for shifting the focus, as Clinton described the original years of the festival, as being "women-identified women" to "wymmin-born wymmin". She said something along the lines of "sorry fest organizers, but that train left the station a LONG time ago and you missed it with your trans-exclusionary rules." Some of the women in the audience vocally agreed with her. Clinton also said she hadn't attended in a long time, since she "discovered hotels."

by Anonymousreply 113August 10, 2015 11:53 PM

[quote]She did a great bit about the disappearance of lesbians [quote]that train left the station a LONG time ago and you missed it with your trans-exclusionary rules. What does Kate Clinton expect when butch lesbians are increasingly transitioning to live as males? Connect the dots already.

by Anonymousreply 114August 11, 2015 12:05 AM

Ugh. Messed up the format.

by Anonymousreply 115August 11, 2015 12:05 AM

I get what you're saying 114/5, and I think Clinton was holding two thoughts at the same time. The disappearing lesbian in our culture (she remembers the lesbian visibility of '85-'95 with great fondness) made her sad, but she also knows that institutions need to adapt or die. And, Michfest opted to die.

by Anonymousreply 116August 11, 2015 12:09 AM

Michfest made the right choice. I can't imagine a group of women gathering in the wilderness, clothing optional, who want men pretending to be women hanging around staring at them. Don't kid yourselves, they stare.

by Anonymousreply 117August 11, 2015 12:12 AM

R64 rant = written by a angry tranny who looks like Long Duk Dong in a wig.

by Anonymousreply 118August 11, 2015 1:01 AM

You would think they would have welcomed, with honors, men who chose to literally become non-penised.

by Anonymousreply 119August 23, 2015 3:32 AM

R64 has stated her boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 120June 24, 2020 1:55 PM

Got your vagina cape out of mothorbs, huh?

by Anonymousreply 121June 24, 2020 2:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!