Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If you could go back to HS what would you differently?

I'd study harder, get help with the subjects I had trouble with and do my best to actually graduate rather than drop out.

by Anonymousreply 311February 23, 2023 12:57 PM

Nothing, it was a necessary step to getting into college but a completely useless experience otherwise. I'm glad I didn't dedicate more energy towards it.

by Anonymousreply 1July 15, 2015 9:56 PM

I'd propostion my hairy chested and furry armed English teacher, Leo McGuire.

by Anonymousreply 2July 15, 2015 9:56 PM

I'd take more AP classes and actually try on the SATs so I could actually get into a good college.

by Anonymousreply 3July 15, 2015 9:58 PM

Give blow jobs.

by Anonymousreply 4July 15, 2015 9:58 PM

Let them put me in the genius group the way they wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 5July 15, 2015 10:01 PM

Not be so afraid to be out

by Anonymousreply 6July 15, 2015 10:12 PM

I would suck Bronson Johnson's big uncut dick in the boy's bathroom when he asked me to give him a blowjob.

by Anonymousreply 7July 15, 2015 10:30 PM

me too !

by Anonymousreply 8July 15, 2015 10:32 PM

I'd have stuck with Calculus and taken a second language, probably Latin.

by Anonymousreply 9July 15, 2015 10:34 PM

Joined a sport - possibly track, swimming or water polo just to sneak peeks in the showers.

by Anonymousreply 10July 15, 2015 10:38 PM

Not be so afraid of what my peers thought of me. I turned out to be better and more successful than those losers.

by Anonymousreply 11July 15, 2015 10:40 PM

As your stereotypically fat, asthmatic, uncoordinated, unathletic junior high / high school boy, I spent all of those years doing my damnedest to conduct myself like a grown-up. Which, of course, meant being bullied almost every day, and being physically smacked around from time to time, by members of "the jock crowd."

Ergo, I would've brought a baseball bat to school every day and BEAT THE LIVING FUCK out of each and every one of those cunts.

And if that meant spending a year or two in a juvenile detention center? Well, in retrospect, TOTALLY worth it, to be able to maim those jag-offs for life.

by Anonymousreply 12July 15, 2015 10:53 PM

[quote] Bronson Johnson

Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 13July 15, 2015 10:53 PM

Suck more cock.

by Anonymousreply 14July 15, 2015 10:55 PM

I wouldn't change anything except household abuse, that way I could've had a home after 15 instead of the streets. I didn't care much for my high school. The teachers and staff were criminal (literally..one dean was busted for selling coke and indicted by the feds in an auto theft ring). There was nothing in place, absolutely nothing, for students with promise or who were above-average. It was a school totally about football, which isn't unusual in the South, even still.

by Anonymousreply 15July 15, 2015 11:31 PM

Seriously, R13

Bronson Lane Johnson

He was so hot. Nice body, gorgeous face and beautiful dark skin!

by Anonymousreply 16July 16, 2015 1:15 AM

Enlisted in the Marines then went to college.

Played sports & said a big FU to those who made fun of me.

by Anonymousreply 17July 16, 2015 1:21 AM

I would drop out at 16 and get my GED and go to community college until I was 18. I had friends and an active social life, but in hindsight it was a total waste of time and energy. Having to navigate high school politics and trying to stay on the positive side of the popular spectrum was too stressful and traumatic. Also, I'd proposition ALL the guys I was interested in instead of just every other one.

by Anonymousreply 18July 16, 2015 1:34 AM

High school had its ups and downs but it was pretty good all things considered.

by Anonymousreply 19July 16, 2015 1:35 AM

I would have insisted on getting my own brokerage account to buy stocks and sell them before the dot com bust.

by Anonymousreply 20July 16, 2015 1:56 AM

I was something of a star student (and if I am being honest, I've never quite gotten over finishing as salutatorian, nearly 20 years ago). The mistake I made? I didn't challenge myself, and this went on in college (at Princeton). For example, I got nervous when my Physics grade was a B+. My reaction to that was to avoid science classes going forward, so I didn't take any AP science classes, and in college I fulfilled my science requirement with psychology classes that really shouldn't have counted toward a science requirement. But that was the pattern I followed. I basically stuck to classes in my comfort zone, and I think I missed out because of that. (On the flip side, the way college and grad school admissions work kind of encourages that risk-avoidant behavior).

by Anonymousreply 21July 16, 2015 1:57 AM

I would have skipped French and taken Spanish instead, it should be manditory.

by Anonymousreply 22July 16, 2015 2:00 AM

I'd suck SO much cock I'd be a national whore

by Anonymousreply 23July 16, 2015 2:08 AM

Tried to get gay sex. I didn't know how, where, who. 70's.

by Anonymousreply 24July 16, 2015 2:10 AM

English should have been mandAtory, too, r22.

by Anonymousreply 25July 16, 2015 2:10 AM

Same, r22. I didn’t know in my very white hometown that I would need it later on.

by Anonymousreply 26May 17, 2020 4:32 PM

I went to a small town high school that provided no challenge whatsoever, and I sailed to valedictorian making no effort at all. My school didn't even teach calculus. I arrived at my university to study nuclear engineering woefully unprepared. My high SAT scores got me placed into honors calculus, where the professor assumed all the students had taken calculus already, and the teach assistant really didn't speak english. My small town life hadn't prepared me to advocate for myself to get switched to a "regular" section, so I just flailed along. I never really "caught up" in four years of college - I graduated with a B average, but still never had the understanding of math that I should have had. It wasn't until I returned for a master's in physics several years later (primarily to prove to myself that I could be better than a B student) that I caught up to the level of understanding of which I was capable.

So, what would I do differently? I would beg my parents to let me apply for scholarships to go to a private high school in a nearby town. I think my career could have played out differently if I had a better high school curriculum and school personnel who could help teach me the discipline and self-advocacy I was missing.

by Anonymousreply 27May 17, 2020 5:01 PM

Killed myself when I was first suicidal.

It didn't get better.

by Anonymousreply 28May 17, 2020 5:02 PM

Not started drinking until I got to college. It was an easy way out and never learned to deal with life. Just hid from it.

by Anonymousreply 29May 17, 2020 5:17 PM

Studied German and more math. And, like r12, beaten the living shit out of everyone who bullied me. If I’d done that when it started instead of taking the high road as I was told to do, it might have stopped.

by Anonymousreply 30May 17, 2020 5:26 PM

I would apply to better colleges. And sadly...short some stock before a major disaster. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 31May 17, 2020 5:29 PM

I am r5.

I would also have become better friends with Scott H. We had no idea each other was gay until we ran into each other at the Club Baths nine years after HS graduation and went home together. Best sex of my life.

by Anonymousreply 32May 17, 2020 5:33 PM

I would not go into complete shock when other boys flirted with me, especially the one who asked me feel on his muscles. I would also keep fewer cock blocking female friends!

by Anonymousreply 33May 17, 2020 5:38 PM

I would have more self-awareness and not be so insecure.

by Anonymousreply 34May 17, 2020 5:39 PM

i would have begged, begged and begged some more for my parents to do anything they could (sponsorship, grants, banks loans, etc) and allow me to be a live in student in my high schools years at a tennis academy in florida or somewhere and become a pro tennis player! and i wouldn't have looked back at my family either! one big "adios!" i'll see you in 4 years if that! ..

by Anonymousreply 35May 17, 2020 5:42 PM

I'd slap faces viciously and with impunity

by Anonymousreply 36May 17, 2020 5:45 PM

Not worry what others thought, and spend way more time calling out the assholes - bullying, racism, general meanness, etc.

by Anonymousreply 37May 17, 2020 5:49 PM

Another vote for having more confidence & caring less what others thought of me!

by Anonymousreply 38May 17, 2020 5:52 PM

I left when I was 17 and nothing could be less interesting than the prospect of going back, but if I had o do it again I would have left for university at 16 or 15.

by Anonymousreply 39May 17, 2020 6:01 PM

I was top of my class and so motivated back then. But I never had a chance to fool around with the guys. I wish I had.

by Anonymousreply 40May 17, 2020 6:05 PM

News for most of you: going to a "top" college doesn't change your life either; and for those who think they are just as smart as those people, well if you'd been smarter, you'd have realized that people don't differ in raw intelligence that much, even the homeless, something a lot of people who went to those college always knew and you would too if you are as smart as you say.

by Anonymousreply 41May 17, 2020 6:20 PM

I did the best I could but a lot of what goes down in HS is beyond your control. The happiest day of my life was when I graduated HS, I knew that from then on I had more control of my life and more freedom.

by Anonymousreply 42May 17, 2020 6:25 PM

I would really focus on my studies and really make an effort to get into a good university with a strong history department. And I would do my best to seduce Lamar, the gorgeous redneck who already had a fabulous mustache as a junior.

by Anonymousreply 43May 17, 2020 6:27 PM

I would have done Larry P. I had a huge crush on him. I didn't figure out he wanted it until years later. :-(

by Anonymousreply 44May 17, 2020 6:32 PM

I would have complete ignored the guys who bullied me as the assholes they were and the mostly nobodies they have now become.

by Anonymousreply 45May 17, 2020 6:34 PM

I would accept the swim coach's offer to join the team. and (completely unrelatedly) out the dyke teacher that tried to ruin my life before she tried to ruin my life.

by Anonymousreply 46May 17, 2020 7:10 PM

I would have left home sooner.

by Anonymousreply 47May 17, 2020 7:19 PM

I would have acted on the guys who were blatantly hitting on me. At the time I thought it was just my imagination but looking back I can see I was a complete idiot because I was terrified somebody would find out I was gay.

by Anonymousreply 48May 17, 2020 7:34 PM

I wish I would have socialized more outside of school, gone to more parties, concerts, etc. Instead I focused on academics too much and never really enjoyed a typical high school experience. I didn’t even have a car to drive. I went to a grand total of one house party and felt awkward the entire time and just wanted to leave.

I would also be more slutty. Those were prime whoring years I lost out on.

by Anonymousreply 49May 17, 2020 10:33 PM

i would have blown Jeff Preston when I had the chance and hooked up with the hot basketball player who invited me over to a party thent old me it was just going to be me and him. Hell I would have not been so scared of being called a fag and blown as many dudes as I could have.

by Anonymousreply 50May 17, 2020 10:53 PM

R50 why do you think you had a chance with Jeff?

by Anonymousreply 51May 17, 2020 10:56 PM

R51 had more than a chance had his dick in my hand.

by Anonymousreply 52May 18, 2020 12:52 AM

Wait R52. You had his dick in your hand and nothing happened? You don't need to turn in your gay card, you need to turn in your human card.

by Anonymousreply 53May 18, 2020 12:58 AM

So many regrets about missing out on dick decades ago, funny that should matter now. Myself, I would have bought Apple at $22 and Amazon at $30...

by Anonymousreply 54May 18, 2020 2:08 AM

I would have been out. Everybody in HS thought I was gay anyway.

by Anonymousreply 55May 18, 2020 2:13 AM

I would have ignored everyone and focused on studying and working out. Skipped all proms etc. and would have saved my having fun for university, which I would have attended.

And most importantly, I would never have come out.

by Anonymousreply 56May 18, 2020 2:16 AM

Not wasted time with losers, thinking that's all I deserved.

by Anonymousreply 57May 18, 2020 2:20 AM

Joe W. made a pass at me in the locker room and we were alone at the time. Missed opportunity that I think about every so often. Though I had a boyfriend in H.S. at the time, but some quality time with Joe would have been exciting. Is anyone 100% faithful when you're that age?

by Anonymousreply 58May 18, 2020 2:30 AM

Try all the drugs. I was a goody-two shoes and didn't. I regret that.

by Anonymousreply 59May 18, 2020 2:32 AM

I would have kicked Sam Reynolds square in the cods.

by Anonymousreply 60May 18, 2020 3:21 AM

I was tortured all the time in High School and didn't fight back. I go to the prom and end it CARRIE style.

by Anonymousreply 61May 18, 2020 4:26 AM

I would have been more open to Charif H (he was from Egypt) in the locker room after swim class.

Would have been nicer to all the loser-looking but hot punks who smoked out on the back steps, I was quite haughty in my interactions with them.

by Anonymousreply 62May 18, 2020 5:34 AM

r53 Dude I was froze - I didn't know if it was a trap or what..I laughed it off and he never moved past it.

by Anonymousreply 63May 18, 2020 1:10 PM

r53 let me elaborate - Jeff was a senior I was a junior. He was on the wrestling team, I was on the football team. Off-season we would work out in the gym at school. Jeff and I had a few classes together and were friends. I was at the gym late he had late practice. I am sitting in the locker room changing and in walks Jeff from the showers - it is just me and him in the locker room. He has a towel around his waist and an obvious big hard-on. It is just us two in there because it is late - he whips off his towel puts his leg up and says "look at this cock, you know you want to touch it!" stupid high school stuff - and without thinking I reached out and grabbed it thinking it would be funny like he would pull away and we would laugh. Nope. He stood there and for what seemed like a day I had his big dick (and it was big!) in my hand. He just looked at me with a goofy grin - a million thoughts raced through my head in a second. I wanted to open up and swallow it, I wanted to start jerking him off...I wanted to worship not just that dick but him..then I thought - this is a trap, he wants to me do something so he can tell everyone I am a fag..paranoia won, I sort of flicked his hard-on and said "get out of here with that gay shit" and he laughed. I chickened out and never had an opportunity like that again with him. If I could go back I would have sucked his dick til his head caved in.

by Anonymousreply 64May 18, 2020 1:55 PM

I would be popular. That way, I wouldn’t have had to spend the last 15 years having brunch and cocktails with my 40 closest friends in NYC and LA every weekend. I also wouldn’t be so sad because I can’t now. I guess I’ll just post a TikTok video since I can’t go back in time. 😩

by Anonymousreply 65May 18, 2020 2:11 PM

[quote]If you could go back to HS what would you differently?

Not go back to high school.

by Anonymousreply 66May 18, 2020 2:13 PM

In our school, the male gym teachers would let guys go to the weight room instead of participating in gym class. I went to the weight room one time and just stood around because it was better than having to participate in gym class. I wish I had gone to the weight room more and actually worked to develop my 98 pound weakling body.

by Anonymousreply 67May 18, 2020 2:22 PM

I would challenge my instructors more. Our whole class flunked a trig class and the next semester had to take it over again. Maybe they flunked is the teacher stunk.

by Anonymousreply 68May 18, 2020 2:26 PM

Everything.

by Anonymousreply 69May 18, 2020 2:29 PM

Yeah, r64, you leave me no choice. A hot senior presented dick to you and implored you to do as you please, and you didn’t not behave in the way customary of a DLer. I have to confiscate your gay card. You can turn in your caftan and earrings at the front desk.

by Anonymousreply 70May 18, 2020 2:37 PM

I wish I had earned the grades to gain a scholarship so I wouldn’t have to pay back my college loan until I’m 55 (I calculated it, that’s when it’ll be paid if I continue not to miss a payment).

by Anonymousreply 71May 18, 2020 2:39 PM

[quote]You can turn in your caftan and earrings at the front desk.

Provide pics so the DL can decide who gets them.

by Anonymousreply 72May 18, 2020 2:42 PM

I would prep more seriously for the ACT. I got a 29 overall and should have tried again to get a 30.

I would spend less time in my head and watching TV and make physical fitness a priority.

I would not waste time mooning over my married band director and focused on available romantic options.

I would spend more time with my grandparents and ask more questions that will never be answered now that they are gone.

I would continue going to therapy and maybe get a handle on my self-loathing.

by Anonymousreply 73May 18, 2020 2:42 PM

I would have shit down R26's throat for reviving another thread from 2015.

by Anonymousreply 74May 18, 2020 2:46 PM

R42 Rings the truest for me so far in this wonderful thread.

by Anonymousreply 75May 18, 2020 2:59 PM

What is the big deal about reviving an old thread? It beats reading the 5000th post about whether Cher should have won the Academy Award!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 76May 18, 2020 3:10 PM

As the OP of this thread I take umbrage with R74's post!

by Anonymousreply 77May 18, 2020 3:14 PM

The past has passed....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 18, 2020 3:19 PM

r70 - it was 1994 I was not out and the worst rumor you could hear about anyone was that they were gay. Fear took over. If it was me today I would have said fuck it and sucked it, and hopefully got fucked too. If I knew then what I know now I would have tried to blow as many guys as I could have.

by Anonymousreply 79May 18, 2020 3:21 PM

I would have applied and hopefully gone to the magnet high school, Booker T. Washington, instead of the upper middle/upper class high school. I hated that place with a passion. I would have studied more and earned better grades to get into a college that I actually wanted to attend.

by Anonymousreply 80May 18, 2020 3:34 PM

[quote] I would have been out. Everybody in HS thought I was gay anyway.

I was called 'faggot' by the neighbor boys since I was 7. I didn't even know what it meant, but I knew from the tone of their voice, it wasn't a compliment. It took me another 9 years to figure out I was gay, I always wondered how they knew, or was it just a generic insult?

As for coming out in HS, as an adult I did some volunteer work for a gay teen helpline and whenever we got a call from a young queer person who wanted to come out, we made sure to ask them if they had a safe place to go in case things got ugly at home. My left-leaning parents were just fine with gay people until their own son told them he was gay (at 19). Then they told me to pack my things and get out.

For those of you who regret not coming out in HS, would that have been realistically possible?

by Anonymousreply 81May 18, 2020 3:52 PM

I would have saved enough of my part-time job earnings ($3.35 per hour) to invest in Microsoft stock when I graduated in 1986.

by Anonymousreply 82May 18, 2020 3:57 PM

Excellent point, R81.

I started smoking cigarettes in sophomore year. I quit when I was 25. If I could go back, I'd never start smoking and would continue playing sports.

by Anonymousreply 83May 18, 2020 4:00 PM

I had access to porn (pre internet) and my neighbor used to come over to watch it which almost always ended with me blowing him. I'm not sure why I didn't try that with other guys.

by Anonymousreply 84May 18, 2020 4:01 PM

I always had the hots for Eddie Kawasaki who sat next to me in Algebra , Geometry and Trig. I should have at least tried.

by Anonymousreply 85May 18, 2020 4:20 PM

I’d try to get a semi automatic

by Anonymousreply 86May 18, 2020 6:35 PM

Bump for the juicy goodness of r64.

by Anonymousreply 87June 22, 2020 2:43 PM

I would have offered my services when the hottest guy in my class told me how he tried to suck his own dick but couldn’t quite reach it.

by Anonymousreply 88June 22, 2020 3:19 PM

I should have acknowledged that I was gay. Seriously life would have been more fun that way.

by Anonymousreply 89June 22, 2020 3:39 PM

Do a Columbine. Yes, it really was that bad.

by Anonymousreply 90June 22, 2020 3:40 PM

There was guy 1 year ahead of me, Jon D. Built like a wrestler, jagger lips, HAF. Rumor is after he graduated that he was bi. Not sure if that was true, if I had known then what I know now.....

by Anonymousreply 91June 22, 2020 4:07 PM

I enjoyed high school. I was a good student, well-liked by the teachers, and I had some good friends I hung out with. The school was not huge, and everybody knew everybody else. The extra-curricular activities were awesome (Drama!!!!!! which always consisted of putting on a musical near the end of the year.)

I didn't study, but I have some weird sort of photographic memory and I retain text in my head pretty accurately for quite a while.

If I was doing it over again, I'd do research for a project well ahead of time instead of trying to get it all done the night before. Apparently I'm a procrastinator who works well under pressure, but it was too much like a Mission Impossible assignment every time I had research.

by Anonymousreply 92June 22, 2020 4:42 PM

Can I bring guns? 😏

by Anonymousreply 93June 22, 2020 4:47 PM

r81 I honestly don't know. Sure I would have been shunned probably. Lost all my HS friends but maybe not. I think back to all those HS parties and the debauchery that went on. I am pretty sure I could have sucked more than one dick at least and probably gotten fucked.

by Anonymousreply 94June 22, 2020 4:56 PM

Technically was never in a closet. Got beat up once in sixth grade then left alone until graduation.

Do differently? Worked a little harder for some art school scholarships.

by Anonymousreply 95June 22, 2020 4:59 PM

Would have worked a little harder academically and not been so mean to the losers.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't actually be nice to the loser crowd, but I wouldn't have been so shitty to them.

by Anonymousreply 96June 22, 2020 5:28 PM

I would have handled a personal situation with one of my best friends differently. Either I would have gotten us both drunk and put the moves on him in a big way or I would have decided he was too uptight about his feelings and moved on. Instead I took a middle ground and it was a terrible 3 or 4 years of trying to get him into the sack, coming close a few times and slightly messing around. I probably also would have skipped college, moved to LA immediately and gotten my real estate license and eventually flipped homes for a living. I know it sounds modest but its what I really wanted to do,,,,,,,,,,, but instead worked for large corps my whole working career and was miserable.

by Anonymousreply 97June 22, 2020 5:41 PM

I'd have dropped out the first moment I could, which was my 16th birthday. I failed all of my final exams anyway, I'm not friends with anyone I knew back then, the guys I fancied were all straight, the teachers never did their job, and I had a thoroughly horrible time. I went back into education at 25 and now have a good job and two degrees so what was the point of being miserable for two formative years at a really shit school? My friends who have unhappy teenage kids get pissed off with me when I tell their kids to drop out, go one, do it!, but I'm serious - if you don't want to be there there's really no point staying on. The lovely thing about education is you can pick it up later - you can't pick up 2 or 3 years of wasted time.

by Anonymousreply 98June 22, 2020 7:03 PM

I'd make a move on my hot Geometry teacher, Mr. Pappas, who found the time to tutor me after-school.

With his help, I was able to go from nearly failing the course to getting an A- on my final exam.

The last day, he told me that he recognized how hard I had worked, but since he had to average the scores over the semester, he could only give me a C+.

I was like, hmmmm can you give me something else?

He was a hot, Greek guy fresh out of teaching school, mid-20s. He looked like Bruno, and he smelled amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 22, 2020 7:47 PM

r99 I would have blown him repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 100June 22, 2020 10:58 PM

I would have started seeing a therapist, been kinder to others, and applied to out-of-state colleges (I overestimated my family's fondness for me).

by Anonymousreply 101June 23, 2020 12:13 AM

I don't think I could ever have come out because it was the mid-70s, so I guess knowing that I'd have a good life eventually would be enough. Jack F, man oh man, why did I let that one get away? He was handsome and funny and he had this way of looking at me to see if I was enjoying his antics like everyone else. He was so charming he could even take a dig at the teachers and they'd enjoy it. I look at him in the yearbook when he was 16 or 17 and you knew he was going to be a handsome man. We were in maybe 5-6 classes together and a perfect word for him was scamp. One time we walked home from school. We lived in sort of the same direction but it ended up taking us about four hours to get home--take that shortcut, hop that fence, go into that shop. He just told me all about his life and how sometimes he felt he was different and thought I might be too. In my mind I hear him asking something like, "Are you Joe, are you different?" I froze, thinking he knew I loved him (yes, I loved him). I thought his being different was because he was special, he had "it." I think he played some sport, maybe ran track, and he was effortlessly intelligent as well. Once in an English class, the teacher was going on about Romeo and Juliet and the timelessness of true love and he turned around and said, "Any true love for you?" I can see his face as clearly as this laptop.

I'm unreservedly happy with my husband and Jack is a Facebook friend though he never posts. Lovely wife, attractive family, successful lawyer (?) in Chicago. To this day I don't know if he was questioning his sexuality or if his genuine goodness just enabled him to connect with someone who was a little lonely and who could use a good friend. He was certainly that. Funny how DL becomes the venue for revealing a memory that I keep to myself, so precious is it to me. He gave me a lot of courage to be myself and though I didn't come out for a few years after college I feel like he gave me the courage to do so.

Great, now I'm crying as I always do when I indulge the memory of those two years.

by Anonymousreply 102June 23, 2020 12:29 AM

That's so beautiful, R102!

by Anonymousreply 103June 23, 2020 12:35 AM

I'd proposition the hot guy who was a male prostitute in our city. He wanted to be friends with me, but I knew he was scary and dangerous.

He was dead at 26 of AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 104June 23, 2020 12:55 AM

R104 Why proposition him instead of being friends with him like he wanted?

by Anonymousreply 105June 23, 2020 3:35 AM

I wish I gave a fuck more. I wish I did better. But school was an awful experience for me. Kids teased me from an early age calling me gay and faggot. At home my father was the same type of mentality. He hated blacks, Spanish, gays. Openly used the slang words as reference to everyone. There was alcoholism at home, absentee father, mother who loved us but did way too much on her own. By high school I was just burned out. I don't know how I didn't kill myself.

by Anonymousreply 106June 23, 2020 4:20 AM

I wish I’d had more fun and worried less about what others thought of me. I made good grades, had friends and a loving family but still worried a lot about my future and being accepted. Things turned out okay in the end and nobody cared that I am gay.

by Anonymousreply 107June 23, 2020 4:45 AM

R102, that sounds really special. Have you ever told him that?

by Anonymousreply 108June 25, 2020 1:46 AM

[quote] If you could go back to HS what would you differently?

Not let so many of them survive

by Anonymousreply 109June 25, 2020 2:01 AM

I would’ve loved to have been on the basketball team but I was too small. Would be fun to try out anyway. Also- would move to LA so I could audition for TV and movies.

by Anonymousreply 110June 25, 2020 2:20 AM

-Taken dance classes and eaten healthier.

-Not taken AP US History or Calculus.

-Done a better job of finding out which colleges/programs would have best suited my goals, and then would have found a coach to help me get into said programs (most of the places I wish I had gone weren’t even on my radar).

-Flirted/hooked up with the cute acquaintance who expressed interest over a decade later.

by Anonymousreply 111June 25, 2020 2:25 AM

I would have taken my part time job money (amusement park) and hired a stylist. Have you seen my senior picture? I mean...

by Anonymousreply 112June 25, 2020 2:30 AM

Our high school coach wanted me to try out for basketball, but at the time I couldn't care less. I regret it now.

by Anonymousreply 113June 25, 2020 2:38 AM

R22, I looked at my H.S. yearbook a few years ago and found a comment that I never read before. It was from Mike, who sat in front of me in my French class. He was tall, blond, built, way into girls, and I always wanted him badly. Never knew how HE felt until 42 years later...when I finally read how he adored me.

by Anonymousreply 114June 25, 2020 2:50 AM

Tell the priests to go fuck themselves, tell the nuns they are insane for belonging to a male dominated organization that has no time for females, makes them give up everything while the priests are getting free dinners every weekend at great restaurants, bottles of China’s Regal, Christmas presents from the businessmen who want to be big shots in the church (like my uncle). I’d tell the nuns the gay priest who is always in the boys bathroom isn’t a joke to be tittered at, he’s a fucking predator.

I’d say to the nuns: Your parents didn’t want you. You were the ugliest daughter. They knew you’d be too hard to marry off, especially you butch ones. So they gave you away to the church. They did it for themselves, not for you. They had 12 kids. You have a boy to the seminary & he was the big shot. They gave you to the church & you were forgotten. The only gifts you can get are bars of unsecured box, writing paper, envelopes & stamps to write to your parents who are uninterested in you.

Get out, women. The pedos are going to crash the place down. Take off your habits, wear dull lay clothes & help the poor. I know a guy who fixes cars for the nuns. They have no love for the hierarchy.

It’s time for change, .

by Anonymousreply 115June 25, 2020 3:07 AM

Fuck the football team. Or be fucked by all of them. In the weight room.

by Anonymousreply 116June 25, 2020 3:41 AM

r116 was that an option?

by Anonymousreply 117June 25, 2020 6:02 PM

R64 can’t decide if you won this thread or lost it. Biggest missed opportunity in my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 118July 22, 2020 2:29 AM

I would have applied to college out of state.

I would have worked and written for the school newspaper.

by Anonymousreply 119July 22, 2020 2:41 AM

I would have invented the internet.

by Anonymousreply 120July 22, 2020 2:44 AM

I would do some internships and work with a guidance counselor (and maybe a hypnotherapist!?) to see what field I could POSSIBLY be interested in besides the arts.

I had more success than most people who go into it, but still, in my 50s, I now wonder if there's a "normal" job I could have thrived at that would have given me more security.

by Anonymousreply 121July 22, 2020 2:44 AM

I would have sued my physically, emotionally and mentally abusive principals and gym teacher, gotten them all fired, and never had to worry about work another day in my life.

by Anonymousreply 122July 22, 2020 2:48 AM

Would have taken Uncle Micheal up on his offer to spend the summer of our freshman year at Neverland Ranch being his special assistant and letting him teach us about being a romantic leading man on man for the movies. He always said we had raw, untapped talent!!!!

Our parents never let us do anything fun. That’s why we eventually killed them.

by Anonymousreply 123July 22, 2020 3:18 AM

[quote] out the dyke teacher that tried to ruin my life before she tried to ruin my life.

Hmm, a dyke teacher is probably the only one that saved me. I was not out, even to myself but she saw it and saw kids picking on a young gayling. She put a stop to it really fast.

That prismatic hologram film I put on the band of my wristwatch must have been the give away :D

by Anonymousreply 124July 22, 2020 3:32 AM

R114 - same here. Except she was a nun. She ended up leaving the nun hood a few years later. But 14 year old me will always be grateful to her for helping me.

by Anonymousreply 125July 22, 2020 3:34 AM

I would have kicked Woody Donaldson's ass.

by Anonymousreply 126July 22, 2020 3:43 AM

I would have experimented with guys then rather than waiting a decade. Granted, being gay back then in an all-male Catholic high school wouldn't have been an easy situation.

by Anonymousreply 127July 22, 2020 3:45 AM

[quote] -Not taken AP US History or Calculus.

Amen!!

by Anonymousreply 128July 22, 2020 3:49 AM

I would have stayed and let Dave Erickson from the football team fuck me when he walked in on me jacking off in the showers after soccer practice. He was kinda shy and quite, sort of a nerdy smart jock, but fuck’n built and hot as hell, and he already looked like a man, as opposed to a 18 year old boy, with a hairy chest and big thick hairy legs. I’d had a crush on him since he transferred in sophomore year and I think he probably knew it. I just froze there, naked under the shower with a massive hard on as a perpetually horny 18 year old, as he stared at me for what seemed like forever. I said some lame thing and quickly walked out of the shower room, grabbed my towel and went back to my locker and changed and left. It never came up again.

by Anonymousreply 129July 22, 2020 3:55 AM

Find a way to get out of my toxic living environment but still stay in school.

by Anonymousreply 130July 22, 2020 3:59 AM

I Would have had a 3 way with the two muscle bear football coaches. Imagine what it was like to see your fantasy man/football coach walk towards you naked, on the way to the showers in 10th grade. Then the other one came out of their office naked to take a shower. I almost fainted.

by Anonymousreply 131July 22, 2020 4:09 AM

Hot, r131.

by Anonymousreply 132July 22, 2020 4:11 AM

Try to find some COCK AND ASS.

by Anonymousreply 133July 22, 2020 4:14 AM

I definitely would be more forward with some of the hotter teachers.

by Anonymousreply 134July 22, 2020 5:51 PM

I would’ve killed my parents. They’d have put me in jail but let me out in a few years. Then I’d go back to school & make something of myself without those 2 losers holding me down & preventing me from having friends, going out, making some money at a job & living my life without constant vicious criticism & hysterical screaming & hitting for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 135July 24, 2020 3:26 PM

I was the picked-on kid who DID finally fight back senior year by clocking a bully not once but twice in homeroom in front of the whole class. The teacher just smiled. My reputation was made, "Don't fuck with him." Should've done it years before. It's your duty, boys.

by Anonymousreply 136July 24, 2020 3:36 PM

Oh and I definitely would've sucked more cock. It was everywhere to be had.

by Anonymousreply 137July 24, 2020 3:38 PM

Lose my virginity.

by Anonymousreply 138July 24, 2020 3:41 PM

I would have applied myself and studied my freshman and sophomore years, which I blew off to party and become popular. It worked and I was in the A group up through spring of my sophomore year, but I never really clicked with them. My grades were terrible. I was an A student who suddenly was getting Bs and mostly Cs. My parents should have cracked down on me. My junior and senior years, I never missed the high honor roll. Such a waste of time those first two years. I would have also insisted my parents pay for a SAT prep course, too.

The other thing is I would stick with my true friends. I blew many of them off to get in the A group. That was a huge mistake. I learned my lessons, though. In college, I hung out with people I actually liked and didn't care about joining the supposedly popular group, although in college it really was just a bunch of different groups of people who would hang out. I also applied myself and graduated with honors. College was a much more rewarding experience.

by Anonymousreply 139July 24, 2020 4:24 PM

I'd have blown Andy F., nice arms and always had his shirt half buttoned. I think he's born again now.

by Anonymousreply 140July 24, 2020 4:47 PM

Kill everyone who tortured me. So that would be everyone.

by Anonymousreply 141July 24, 2020 4:50 PM

There are some freaks here advocating murder!

I wasn’t attracted to any of the guys I went to high school with who came out later so I didn’t miss out on a boyfriend back then. I should have hit the gym hardcore to hit the ground running when I went to college.

by Anonymousreply 142July 28, 2020 2:36 AM

I would have applied myself more and gotten A's in all my classes and breezed into a good college. Instead I had to work nights and turn over my paycheck to my family to help pay bills. Somehow I'm very successful today but in my mind I could have been more so. I still feel like that underachieving kid in high school who was tired all the time and blew off classes. I feel that way even when I'm in front of the rich and famous and the pay attention to me.

by Anonymousreply 143July 28, 2020 2:56 AM

Sounds like you have plenty to be proud of R143. Consider workIng on healing those feelings of insecurity now since we can’t change the past.

by Anonymousreply 144July 28, 2020 3:07 AM

I would have not been the pretentious twit I pretended to be and actually enjoyed the experience. My parents spent money they didn't have to put me in a prestigious high school and I spent all my time trying to impress other students who I now realize were just rich kids who could/would go on to whatever university they wanted regardless of their grades. I should have spent time actually trying to get an education or at least planning for a future.

by Anonymousreply 145July 28, 2020 3:43 AM

I'd drop out on the second day and move to London.

by Anonymousreply 146July 28, 2020 3:49 AM

“If you could go back..”

If only...

by Anonymousreply 147July 28, 2020 5:10 AM

I saw how my parents reacted when my 4 year older brother came out, so I didn’t. I wish I had found a way to not let their judgment do so much damage.

I also would have beat the neighbor within inches before he tried to murder my mom.

by Anonymousreply 148July 28, 2020 5:30 AM

I was perhaps too realistic. Lots of people I barely knew wrote complimentary things in the yearbook, but some of my friends wrote nasty or vicious things. I never believed those who complimented me were secretly in love with me. I guess I kind of always knew that being slightly richer, average attractive, smarter, and not a total dud at sports would make people jealous, but the rabid level of it and the way it has always come up through life reminds me that high school is life, and people don't mature or get over their 12 year old prejudices and frantic judgments. Most people overestimate their family's affection for them and don't find out the truth until they are 70, but I wasn't given that option. Don't ever make the mistake of thinking that "being gay" is "no problem" for your set. It's a big problem. While some of my peers were confused about my sexuality, their parents never were, and I was banned from the house of almost every male friend I made back then. Sadly, some gays still would not want to introduce me to their family or friends today. I hate to be the Emperor here, but your faith in your friends is a weakness.

by Anonymousreply 149July 28, 2020 6:14 AM

High school? Very little. Most of the mistakes that ruined my life happened from 18-24.

by Anonymousreply 150July 28, 2020 6:28 AM

Academics weren't that hard for me. But had a number of crushes. And one guidance counselor. Dear non existent he was a good looking man. Imagine about 5 or 6 years later I'm at the gym in the locker room and who walks in yup him. Even my spouse thinks he was good looking. And I was just 17 my first year of college. I suppose I should have gone away for school.

And I've passed up numerous propositions. Shit - I've had cab drivers (And a cute one) proposition me.

by Anonymousreply 151August 11, 2020 12:47 AM

Study more. I mean, I got into the university I wanted, and had the best times there, but I didn't acquire enough study habits to really excel.

by Anonymousreply 152August 11, 2020 1:04 AM

I would not have participated in high school sports. Sports were blown up way out of proportion in my community. My dad was born and raised in the town and he was a greaser/loser in high school. He leaned on my brother and me to be sports stars. My brother participated in everything he could but he as born clumsy, so he was a bench warmer. I was more athletic and I played, starting almost all games after freshman year. Still, I graduated near the top of my class and went to the university of my choice (on an academic scholarship).

By the end of college, my past in contact sports caught up with me. I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my 20s. As I entered my 40s, it became cause for alarm. Improperly healed bone fractures in my legs and arms have caused problems later in life. A neck injury in high school has resulted in mid-life debilitating pain. All for my father's glory.

This was the late 70s and early 80s, when there was no such thing as sports medicine or team doctors in small towns. Our physics teacher/assistant football coach tended to injuries. When I suffered an open femur fracture, he wanted to tape me up and send me back in the game. But for a kindly neighbor lady, who attended all the away games, I would probably have had it amputated. She actually took me to a hospital in her own car.

You have but one body and I abused mine in high school.

by Anonymousreply 153August 11, 2020 1:26 AM

R21 You didn’t graduate 20 years ago; more like thirty.

by Anonymousreply 154August 11, 2020 3:02 AM

I would ask for tutoring, and make an effort, instead of blowing it all off in my depression.

by Anonymousreply 155August 11, 2020 3:06 AM

My homeroom teacher.

by Anonymousreply 156August 11, 2020 3:19 AM

R108, I never did. By the time we reconnected over Facebook there had been so much water under the bridge. Rereading my post now, all these months later, makes me think I definitely would if we were ever together again. I’d never send him anything over Facebook or in an email. It would have to be face to face.

by Anonymousreply 157January 11, 2021 11:32 PM

Great idea for a thread.

Be nicer to a handful of different people that I was not nice to.

Spend more time with my parents.

Apply myself more in math and history in particular.

Continue to play an instrument and participate in music instead of dropping it at the end of middle school.

Be kinder to kids who likely needed a friend.

by Anonymousreply 158January 11, 2021 11:43 PM

I had crippling social anxiety and panic attacks in high school, as well as before and after those years for a long, long time. Today, in my mid-50s I still have the panic attacks at times, but my social anxiety is so much better. I couldn’t even talk 1-1 at times in high school things were so bad. Yet, I was a very good student (very serious), played French horn in the band and ran track. Every year I thought of trying out for the football team. I was big and fast. I didn’t have the courage though. I watched the other boys gather to meet the coach through a door window every September. I was far from a jock and probably wouldn’t have fit in very well anyway. I couldn’t wait to graduate. It was a long 5 years ( I’m Canadian).

by Anonymousreply 159January 11, 2021 11:50 PM

Have more sex with those hot young beautiful boys. I know, I am shallow.

by Anonymousreply 160January 11, 2021 11:51 PM

I should have taken the contract The Face Paris offered me rather than lettering in 3 varsity sports. It kept me so provincial that I floundered for a few weeks when I started at Cambridge where I fell into a fast crowd. Still, I was happy with the success of my autobiographical novel, and being Stephen Sprouse's young muse was a kick.

by Anonymousreply 161January 11, 2021 11:54 PM

I wouldn't wear tight jeans to school. In the late 1970s almost everybody wore tight jeans and so did I. But when I transferred to a new school for 10th grade a group of girls notice my well developed ass and would make remarks and whistle at me in the hall every time I passed. As a 15 year old it was awkward and embarrassing , especially when at that age you want to be accepted and not stand out. After about two months of this I realized this was not going to stop, so I decided to switch to wearing only loose fitting chinos that were at least one size too big for me. The remarks subsided after a couple of weeks. Looking back now it seems like it should not have been a significant problem but back then it was.

by Anonymousreply 162January 12, 2021 12:10 AM

A week after I was graduated, I would have asked my favorite male teachers to disrobe for me. I would have said it was for a research project I was already involved in at college. If some of them did, I would watch to see if they were getting turned on by it. The research would have moved to my throat. I wouldn't mind flossing with a pubic hair or two, or a big bush, as I predicted some of them would have.

It was fantasy then, and it's fantasy now...

by Anonymousreply 163January 12, 2021 12:25 AM

HS was a pain in my ass. It's possible I'd have dropped more acid and smoked more weed, and cut classes more. I was fairly decent in HS and it didn't mean a lot, looking at the bigger picture. I had a decent time, had marginally acceptable grades and only got suspended once (smoking on campus). HS was of no real value to me. I'd have preferred to kick around Europe for a few of those years, meeting new people, having sex and getting high. Yeah.

by Anonymousreply 164January 12, 2021 12:25 AM

I would have tried my hardest to get into a nice New England boarding school. Sure I would have been slightly shunned as a minority scholarship student, but those schools offer amazing programs. I'm also sure I would have found some good DL dick since it's a boarding school which would beat having little to no options in my uptight small-town school. I would have pushed myself to go to a top school in California and stayed out there for life. Maybe get into Hollywood as an agent or something glamerous.

by Anonymousreply 165January 12, 2021 3:57 AM

Been more awake to overtures from that swim team Adonis.

by Anonymousreply 166January 12, 2021 5:00 AM

Mine was basically the mirror of your experience, R124. She singled me out because her gaydar went off. She was terribly insecure and a poor teacher. I was neither the first nor last student she tried to ruin.

As I re-read my reply, both of the wishes I articulated have a common thread in my lack of confidence. It took graduating from college and some professional success before I realized I have it, but I've let failures (and fear of failure) hold me back. That's why I turned down the swim coach, and it's why I let a fat old woman intimidate me. If I could go back, I'd buck myself up and take more risks, earlier.

by Anonymousreply 167January 12, 2021 5:28 AM

I had to read all this shit to make sure I wasn’t double-posting.

I’ve had this nightmare at key moments of my life and it’s always the same - a dream montage where I apply myself, put in real work, and ignore haters within a porcelain-tiled hallway. And nothing changes. That section is still finished - just in a different way.

That cultural capital at home would have to change as well.

by Anonymousreply 168January 12, 2021 5:34 AM

I guess I should have been a bit less of a whore........ In HS 30 years ago & at this age have gotten more than a few "hey, hows it goin" emails or FB messages from those straight boys...... Haven't answered a single one!!!!! One day perhaps...... I'm more curious in their stories & to catch up than anything.

by Anonymousreply 169January 12, 2021 5:34 AM

R114, what did he write??

by Anonymousreply 170January 12, 2021 5:59 AM

I would have done sports. But I would have had to somehow control my penis.

I was a talented swimmer, but starting at the age of 10, whenever I saw guys naked in the locker room, I got an erection. It was automatic, a reflex. There wasn't even any sexual feeling attached to it at that point.

By high school, there was. But I still couldn't shower with other guys without getting hard. Could not pray, distract or talk it down.

The upside was that was how I knew being gay was completely natural. The downside was I missed out on sports. I could have had a great body and all that muscle memory and carried on my dad's tradition of being a swim champ. He would have been so proud.

by Anonymousreply 171January 12, 2021 6:06 AM

Start taking hormones, and get a sex change before college.

by Anonymousreply 172January 12, 2021 6:44 AM

Had more sex, but it was the early 80s and nothing would change that fact nor the fear.

by Anonymousreply 173January 12, 2021 7:28 AM

A lot of you are tapped

by Anonymousreply 174January 12, 2021 9:11 AM

The smartest thing I did in high school was to leave a year early for an early admissions college program. With advance knowledge of that plan, I would have relaxed more, selected a few courses differently, done even more independent study, and had more sex.

by Anonymousreply 175January 12, 2021 12:00 PM

[quote]A lot of you are tapped

They don't have extra money to spend on something?

I would have just stuck to myself, not worried about having friends, put my head down and do my homework. Same goes for college. Friends will fuck everything up.

by Anonymousreply 176January 12, 2021 1:18 PM

Friends AND family will fuck you up.

by Anonymousreply 177January 12, 2021 5:05 PM

[quote] A week after I was graduated, I would have asked my favorite male teachers to disrobe for me. I would have said it was for a research project I was already involved in at college. If some of them did, I would watch to see if they were getting turned on by it. The research would have moved to my throat. I wouldn't mind flossing with a pubic hair or two, or a big bush, as I predicted some of them would have.

R163 oh my, that is quite a vivid visual. My only question - would you have swallowed?

by Anonymousreply 178January 12, 2021 8:08 PM

I'd homeschool myself so I could finish in two years, take as many AP courses as possible and start college online early. I'd also lock myself in my room, allow my dogs in and keep my parents and awful sibling out. At the appropriate time, I'd move out and never see my family and my community again.

by Anonymousreply 179January 12, 2021 8:22 PM

I'd take karate and kick some bullies asses.

by Anonymousreply 180January 12, 2021 8:31 PM

Taken the $50K I had in savings bonds as a teen win the 80's & bought MSFT............ FUCK!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 181March 20, 2021 5:28 AM

I should have just smoked copious amounts of pot. Silly.

But then I might not have gotten into Harvard.

by Anonymousreply 182March 20, 2021 5:44 AM

There was this pair of gorgeous blond twins, both on the football team, one year ahead of me. They were super nice and would spot me in the weight room at the Y during the summer. I was always worried I'd get a boner around them. I would've loved to have blown them. But in reality, if I could go back I would take working out more seriously.

by Anonymousreply 183March 20, 2021 5:47 AM

I'd learn coding and invent Facebook a few years before Mark Zuckerberg did, but use the money and the company for good and not evil.

by Anonymousreply 184March 20, 2021 5:49 AM

[Reply 9] For me yes it was very possible! I got the talk when I was in middle school from my single mom "If your gay it's ok" But I still didn't want to admit it so I said I wasn't. Which I regret it because since then she took me saying I wasn't as "ok we are done here" And thinks at 45 I'm just waiting for the right woman. Her brother was gay they all had gay friends. I don't know why I put such a wall of misery and denial around myself.

But what I would do if I could go back? I would have sucked Steve's cock so hard and so often he would look like a juice box void of its contents! One of the ignorant cunts he dated still to this day says his penis gave her PTSD. "Move it along toots!" let me show you how to handle it!

by Anonymousreply 185March 20, 2021 7:35 AM

School shootings were far in the future when I was in school. I can understand why some kids are driven to massacre. I'll just leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 186March 20, 2021 8:03 AM

Miss r142’s real response would be that she would lie less.

by Anonymousreply 187June 20, 2021 2:18 AM

Not give a damn what the other students think about me because in college I will bloom

by Anonymousreply 188June 20, 2021 2:22 AM

Who is resurrecting posts from 2014-15?

by Anonymousreply 189June 20, 2021 2:26 AM

There was a Honduran -Pilipino boy who my friends and I bullied relentlessly. I was a vicious and despicable racist swine. We made him cry every day. If I could go back to 7th grade . I would beg his forgiveness and befriend him. I am so very sorry Raul.

by Anonymousreply 190June 20, 2021 2:33 AM

Honestly, I’d start hormones as early as I could and get surgery after graduation.

I would hold off on college until I figured out a really sustainable field (NOT the arts.) For instance, sometimes I wonder if a secure government job would offer a chance at a more serene existence than the more dramatic options I chose.

I have a pretty high IQ…. so maybe the new me could do bureaucratic work within the FBI or the Secret Service, or somewhere with color. Even being an embassy secretary could work.

by Anonymousreply 191June 20, 2021 2:39 AM

I never ever would have taken that awful restaurant job. Working there wound up fucking up my life big time (long story) . I should have focused one hundred percent on my education and not put so much time and effort into working at that shithole diner. I wish I had never stepped foot in there.

by Anonymousreply 192June 20, 2021 2:43 AM

I would have sucked dick and presented hole a lot of it.

by Anonymousreply 193June 20, 2021 2:45 AM

I'd have asked a couple guys discreetly if I could blow them.

As it happened, I didn't get to suck a dick til my early 20s, when I escaped my hick homophobic town.

by Anonymousreply 194June 20, 2021 3:05 AM

I was having sex with middle aged men when I was in high school… sorry, even while in junior high.

A few were exciting, but I’d steer myself toward therapy and make better choices in that regard, should I go back.

by Anonymousreply 195June 20, 2021 3:13 AM

I would have married a Chinaman

by Anonymousreply 196June 20, 2021 3:38 AM

Start sucking dick before the twelfth grade

by Anonymousreply 197June 20, 2021 4:46 AM

[quote] I was having sex with middle aged men when I was in high school… sorry, even while in junior high.

You’re a whore, darlin’

by Anonymousreply 198June 20, 2021 4:50 AM

Still jerking it to r64.

by Anonymousreply 199July 18, 2021 3:48 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 200October 5, 2021 11:25 PM

I would have hired one of the football players to beat the absolute fuck out of Roger Hoover…total dickhead bully who picked on anyone smaller than him. My job subsequently trained me in martial arts, so sometimes I fantasize about running into him on a trip back home and casually snapping his neck or ramming his nose up into his minuscule brain. But he died before I had the chance.

by Anonymousreply 201October 5, 2021 11:44 PM

When Mustang tight end Tony Gayton stood in front of me shirtless sweating with the top button of his 501's undone and said:

'Wanna loose your virginity on a bare mattress".

My revised response would be

by Anonymousreply 202October 6, 2021 12:14 AM

I’d maybe once eat lunch in the cafeteria. Four years of high school, in a class of over 700, but not once did I go there. Looking back, I don’t even know how I managed that.

by Anonymousreply 203October 6, 2021 12:26 AM

I would take my French class more seriously. I wish I could speak it more fluently.

by Anonymousreply 204October 6, 2021 12:59 AM

Carrie an umbrella.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205October 10, 2021 3:32 PM

I wouldn’t have worked so hard to get straight As. It has not worked out for me. I’d tell certain people to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 206October 10, 2021 3:54 PM

The transition from elementary school to junior high was hard for me and I was never quite able to adjust. It was a new environment with mostly different people. All the friends I had in elementary school found new friends and I was alone. I didn't know how to mingle and was afraid to try so it was that way from then until graduation. A few people invited me to sit with them at lunch (including a hot gay guy) but I never did because it made me uncomfortable. I preferred to sit at the table with 2 computer nerds who talked to each other and acted like I wasn't there.

Looking back, I should've said "yes" and sat with them.

by Anonymousreply 207October 10, 2021 4:02 PM

I wish I would have fought for myself more. I could have finished early or gone to a private school on scholarship, but most of high school it seemed like a struggle just to get through the day that that's all I could focus on.

by Anonymousreply 208October 10, 2021 4:14 PM

Graduate and then get the hell outta there

by Anonymousreply 209October 10, 2021 4:41 PM

i was horribly depressed in high school. i wish i would have gotten help and been taken more seriously about my mental health. I would have tried to make friends from different social groups instead of only sticking with my alternative/goth friends. I would have tried harder at my studies.

by Anonymousreply 210October 10, 2021 4:46 PM

r7 is this Bronson?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211October 10, 2021 4:49 PM

I would have asked for help in my junior year, in academic subjects in which I was not doing well, and gone to a better college.

by Anonymousreply 212October 10, 2021 5:12 PM

I would've gotten a haircut. Back then I thought I looked the best I ever did in my life but I look at my pictures now of that time and think "God, I looked like Hell."

by Anonymousreply 213October 10, 2021 6:14 PM

I would have toned down the diet pill addiction, Anorexia and Bulimia.

by Anonymousreply 214October 10, 2021 6:22 PM

I would have filmed the physical abuse. The corporal punishment was so unnecessarily abusive. I watched adults turn into savages with nasty beat downs that they totally enjoyed. And I would have gone to more parties hosted by black kids.

by Anonymousreply 215October 10, 2021 6:24 PM

Work out all the time. I was a jock but I didn’t work out much. Mostly depended on nature ability.

by Anonymousreply 216October 10, 2021 6:27 PM

Oh gee, I first read VHS 📼 😁😁😆

by Anonymousreply 217October 10, 2021 6:45 PM

Invent pantyhose, discover The Beatles, and dump my boyfriend/future ex-husband.

by Anonymousreply 218October 10, 2021 7:06 PM

Truthfully not a whole lot. I'm the odd man out I guess. I enjoyed the hell out of high school. Loved college too.

by Anonymousreply 219October 10, 2021 7:15 PM

I would have kissed Donald Townsend when he sidled up next to me on the floor at his house when we skipped school that day. He kept looking at me, forcing me to look directly at him, but never said anything, just kept staring into my eyes with that goofy grin.

I had no idea what it meant.

by Anonymousreply 220October 10, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote] The smartest thing I did in high school was to leave a year early for an early admissions college program.

That’s not what early admissions means.

by Anonymousreply 221October 10, 2021 7:28 PM

R220 interesting. He just got close to you and stared at you? I wonder what he wanted?

by Anonymousreply 222October 10, 2021 7:31 PM

R202 nobody believes that this happened because you wouldn’t have said no if it had.

by Anonymousreply 223October 10, 2021 7:33 PM

I’ll never know for sure but he looked at me for such a long time with such a friendly intensity (I was like, “What?’ and just kept staring into my eyes) that in hindsight, nothing else makes sense.

He is apparently in jail in Florida now. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 224October 10, 2021 7:44 PM

Leaned into my witchcraft more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225October 10, 2021 8:24 PM

I love it when my old threads get bumped!

But how did this one escape Muriel and not get closed?

by Anonymousreply 226October 10, 2021 8:42 PM

I would've just been a jock all the way through. That's where all the gay sex was happening. Fuck theater and drama classes.

by Anonymousreply 227October 10, 2021 8:49 PM

I would have not given a fuck about trying to be liked by people who cared nothing for me.

by Anonymousreply 228October 10, 2021 9:06 PM

Facts r227. Anytime a bunch of men are in one place with no women around, it gets very gay very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 229October 10, 2021 9:10 PM

R224 him? I definitely get a gay vibe from his mugshot.

I feel bad. Maybe he just needed that kiss from you and he wouldn’t have turned to drugs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230October 10, 2021 9:12 PM

This is Bronson shortly before his death at the age of 50

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231October 10, 2021 9:46 PM

That is indeed him, R230.

by Anonymousreply 232October 10, 2021 10:35 PM

I would not have tried to get Mike to play with me in the dark empty band room. .

by Anonymousreply 233October 10, 2021 10:59 PM

Join wrestling team

by Anonymousreply 234October 11, 2021 12:54 AM

Made a harder play for David Courtright

by Anonymousreply 235October 11, 2021 12:59 AM

R235 we need more details. What was your play for David and what was the result?

by Anonymousreply 236October 11, 2021 1:00 AM

I'd stand up to the bullying. I'd be out with my sweetheart. It's the best relationship Ive had. (He's married with children now but still attractive.)

by Anonymousreply 237October 11, 2021 2:19 AM

As others have said one way or another: suck more dick

by Anonymousreply 238October 11, 2021 3:31 AM

R238 in retrospect, it was the easiest time in my life to get quality dick. At the time, it seemed utterly impossible and hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 239October 11, 2021 3:33 AM

I had a teacher who would periodically lose his shit and scream at the entire class. By scream I mean red face, veins bulging, right on the edge of killing someone screaming. If I could go back in time I would give him a lecture on common decency and professionalism and probably suggest that he talk to a counselor because he looks psychotic. Or I would just stand up in the middle of his rant and walk out of the room. He was way out of line and I regret not telling him off. As an adult, I'm very aggressive about standing up for myself and shutting down any rudeness from authority figures. I occasionally go back to my hometown and plan on telling him off if I ever see him in a grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 240October 11, 2021 3:39 AM

I was in my friend Doug's bedroom with some other guys. Doug was a blond handsome hunk. I was standing there and he was climbing into his upper bunk bed and he pulled down his shorts and stuck his ass with hairy crack right in my face. I've always wondered what would have happened if I had just licked that crack bottom to top. I mean, straight guys do (what they would consider disgusting) things all the time. I wish there were a parallel universe where you could try things out and see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 241October 11, 2021 4:32 AM

In history class we were talking about some ship that a bunch of people had to gather in. There was tape on the floor in the shape of a square and the whole class had to stand in this square to get an idea of how little room there was on the ship. And while standing so close together, the guy behind me (who I found attractive for a long time) grabbed my ass. I was shaking all over, my heart was racing, and I was rock hard for the rest of the class period. I wanted to touch him back but I was worried I'd be the one who was caught and I'd be the one to get in trouble for it, so I didn't. Maybe I should have or tried to make some kind of move later on.

by Anonymousreply 242October 11, 2021 1:09 PM

I'd definitely slap a WHOLE lot more faces

by Anonymousreply 243October 11, 2021 1:12 PM

More hissing

by Anonymousreply 244October 11, 2021 1:15 PM

Drop out at 15 and get my GED IT GETS WORSE

by Anonymousreply 245October 11, 2021 1:17 PM

Used my wiles to get into a lot of pants and a gym glass teacher or two.

by Anonymousreply 246October 11, 2021 1:49 PM

R245 = dawn davenport

by Anonymousreply 247October 11, 2021 2:33 PM

I’d get a chin implant and braces

by Anonymousreply 248October 11, 2021 2:33 PM

I went to school in Scotland. I would take completely different subjects at SCE O Grade. I made some unwise choices and it screwed up my options for Highers. Also I would report the creepy teacher who felt all the girls’ bra straps. And the priest who volunteered on sports day so he could feel the boys’ arses to check they were in the correcting starting position before races. He was caught eventually and went to prison.

by Anonymousreply 249October 11, 2021 3:00 PM

I'd have worn my caftan to the prom. With matching earrings.

by Anonymousreply 250October 11, 2021 4:10 PM

I would’ve gone to a private school. I was a gentile in a school with about 70% Jews. They were absolutely horrible human beings to pretty much anybody that wasn’t Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 251October 11, 2021 4:24 PM

High school was great. It's when I formed my interests. College was a snore. Post grad was more fruitful.

by Anonymousreply 252October 11, 2021 4:45 PM

I don't believe you, r251.

by Anonymousreply 253October 12, 2021 7:16 AM

I believe you r251.

by Anonymousreply 254October 12, 2021 7:57 AM

@252 I'm @245 college was pretty bad at my c-school state college. I guess I'm just anti-social but I loathed almost everybody and was a confused misfit that somehow passed enough classes to get the degree. I made some good friends but they scattered with the wind after graduation in 2001. I couldn't take reading their glorious facebook life updates and deleted myself.

by Anonymousreply 255October 12, 2021 3:13 PM

Pretty much everyone I thought was gay in school turned out to be gay after high school was over.

I wish I had of sucked every one of their dicks.

There was one guy who wanted me but I wasn't into him. Then there was another guy that I liked but he didn't like me.

Years later I came across a picture of the first guy and I and we would have been really cute together. I just don't know why I didn't see it at the time. He's "straight" now and married. I always felt responsible for that since I rejected him and he shacked up with the last girl he dated in high school.

The second guy apparently had no clue that I ever liked him. I wish I had of been more direct.

by Anonymousreply 256October 12, 2021 3:21 PM

[quote] Pretty much everyone I thought was gay in school turned out to be gay after high school was over.

[quote]I wish I had of sucked every one of their dicks.

My predictions were also accurate but unlike you I don’t wish I had sucked any of their dicks. Nasty bottoms, every last one of them, and hypocritical to boot since they mocked me for being openly gay.

by Anonymousreply 257October 12, 2021 3:26 PM

I'm really sorry to hear that R257.

I always take for granted that I lived in a place and went to school at a time when it was kind of okay to be out. There was one kid who was very fem and not hiding it at all and no one made fun of him because he could and did beat them up. He was like 6'4 and became a hairdresser. The black girls in school would not even let you get near him if they thought you were a threat. I would NOT have sucked his dick but I completely respected him.

by Anonymousreply 258October 12, 2021 7:15 PM

It was a largely a waste of my time, but I'm glad I stuck it out. Worked a couple of jobs, saved my money to move to nyc within a month after graduation. I don't think I would have gained anything by leaving sooner.

by Anonymousreply 259October 16, 2021 12:36 AM

Learned how to use an AR-15.

Those uckers made my life hell everyday. I'm glad I moved out of state and ended up attending a Junior college, then to a State University, then graduate school

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260October 16, 2021 12:54 AM

I would've stood up for myself against bullies (seriously, I've learned now, you stand up once and you're done, they fall like a house of cards at the first sign of strength), and I would've stood up for myself against cunt teachers and when it came to choosing the subjects I wanted to pursue, hopefully ending up in a career more in line with my passions (don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job I have now, but it's not my first choice).

Yeah, all of mine would've been around advocating for myself.

I would've taken PE more seriously. I gave it up because I was a teen and hated changing in front of everyone else and I'm not hugely competitive, but I see the importance of it since I started at the gym in my 20s, and I wish I'd started earlier, maybe studied sport science too.

Perhaps I might have even taken those couple of boys who wanted to take me behind the school shed after school one day up on their offer too ;)

by Anonymousreply 261October 16, 2021 12:55 AM

I would have changed high schools.

by Anonymousreply 262October 16, 2021 1:08 AM

My first 12 years of education were in Catholic schools. It's funny when I left 8th grade I had a choice I could have gone to a city school or the Catholic one. I of course chose the latter. And my Catholic high school was all male when I was there. i'm pretty sure I wasn't the only gay one there either. But alas I've not gone to any reunions.

by Anonymousreply 263October 18, 2021 7:54 PM

i would get me a trainer. I was overweight and while overeating and diet are their own category of issues, physical/muscular body development is a category that needs to be done at that age. also has great mood benefits. Could have afforded it, it just wasn't something my family knew about and it was pre-internet.

by Anonymousreply 264October 18, 2021 9:04 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 265October 21, 2021 7:03 AM

I would lighten up, be easier to befriend, and maybe stick with my private tap classes as they really brought me a lot of joy.

by Anonymousreply 266October 21, 2021 7:23 AM

I probably would have tried to study harder and maybe tried no contact sports -- beyond the chess club. Maybe tennis or track.

No dad growing up; in movies and TV shows there's always a step father or coach or someone who takes an interest in fatherless boy.

Not so much in real life.

Coaches are only interested in the top stars, the ones who show the most natural ability.

I am lucky I'm still here.

by Anonymousreply 267October 21, 2021 7:26 AM

Bring a bat to beat the shit out of my bully. I was smart enough that I would've gotten into college even if I were suspended for having done it.

by Anonymousreply 268October 21, 2021 7:30 AM

The poster upthread who talked about freezing because he thought situations were traps is so relatable. After being bullied a lot, it's hard to think of anyone being nice to you, and I can look back on so many situations and think that if I had more perspective, I would've gone for things. Occasionally guys would ask me to hang with them and their mates at lunch, play some sport, that kind of thing. I see that they were trying to be friendly now, but all I thought was: "they want to get me outside and beat me up" so I never said yes.

A couple of guys propositioned me too, when we were about 14. Meet up with them after school and we could play with each other, that sort of thing. I was so frightened they were going to beat me up too, but now I realise that it was genuine, and I could kick myself for saying no. The sad part of it though is from the future I can see the things they were suggesting and talking about imply that they had probably been sexualised from a young age themselves. Some things in life do make you truly sad when you think about them.

by Anonymousreply 269October 21, 2021 8:30 AM

R269 I’m so sorry that you missed out on those opportunities 🙁

by Anonymousreply 270October 23, 2021 4:41 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 271October 23, 2021 9:06 PM

R115 you’re a bitch. I’m sure they know they’re ugly. They don’t need to be told.

by Anonymousreply 272October 26, 2021 4:38 PM

I went to a pretty progressive high school and was out until I inned myself. I realize now that I was the only one pressuring myself around being gay, so if I could go back I would lighten up and just stay out.

by Anonymousreply 273October 26, 2021 4:58 PM

Graduate earlier. Seriously that shit was like Dangerous Minds, ghetto as hell.

by Anonymousreply 274October 26, 2021 6:12 PM

R274 you just needed Michelle Pfeiffer to save you.

by Anonymousreply 275October 28, 2021 3:01 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 276November 30, 2021 2:59 AM

Make an attempt to pass Algebra rather than cowering in fear every day in class and subsequently failing. Who knew how necessary basic Algebra knowledge would be in every other STEM course?

by Anonymousreply 277November 30, 2021 3:07 AM

I'd not have been a super slut and then wouldn't have caught the aids and died.

by Anonymousreply 278November 30, 2021 3:14 AM

My parents were very abusive. It took a lot for me to escape that. And if I went back to the same situation, it would be the same struggle.

I may fare better this time. Make better choices more quickly and so on. But why relive the experience at all?

And that's true of other things besides my family relationships.

I certainly don't regret any sexual experiences I missed. There was a good reason I passed on them the first time around.

I find this kind of speculation useless UNLESS it is a way of helping you figure out what would you be doing differently in your life now? And how can you start doing that if it's what you need to do?

by Anonymousreply 279November 30, 2021 4:33 AM

Stole more jockstraps from the lockeroom.

by Anonymousreply 280November 30, 2021 6:50 AM

Ew r280

by Anonymousreply 281December 9, 2021 1:19 PM

Studied hard and worked out harder.

I really hated the school I went to and tried to transfer(to Bono's alma mater down the road, no less ) but to no avail.

I also would have down as much calisthenics and cardio as I could have, as a necessary stepping stone for weight-training. You're in your prime and in hindsight it feels like such a waste not to have taken advantage of it.

by Anonymousreply 282December 9, 2021 5:18 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 283December 23, 2021 5:18 AM

Honestly nothing. I loved high school!

by Anonymousreply 284December 23, 2021 7:17 AM

Show up more, and have more sex.

by Anonymousreply 285December 23, 2021 7:18 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 286January 24, 2022 5:36 PM

I would’ve applied myself. I should’ve studied more, and have gotten better grades. The same is with college, though I graduated with. B.A. I have numerous regrets from high school through college, socially and academically.

by Anonymousreply 287January 24, 2022 5:56 PM

Showed off my oversized dong more when guys from my baseball team teased me bout my "one eyed monster" during lunch, between classes, etc in front of girls, guys not on the team.

It was the early 90's and my Levi's were tight enough... just needed to grab the base of it.

by Anonymousreply 288January 28, 2022 2:48 PM

[quote] I'd have stuck with Calculus and taken a second language, probably Latin.

I would take Spanish instead of Latin, Latin has been useless. I would avoid sex with girls and only have sex with bi-curious str8 boys. I would have gotten better grades so I could have gone to a more prestigious college. I would had saved some of my minimum wage earnings to buy Apple and Microsoft stock.

by Anonymousreply 289January 28, 2022 2:59 PM

R289 I thought it helped on the SAT

by Anonymousreply 290February 12, 2022 6:51 AM

God. The idiots I fucked in high school. Glad to be rid of them, but sad I didn’t pay more attention to my sweet Frank. He was always a sweetie, but I fucked it up.

by Anonymousreply 291February 12, 2022 7:09 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 292June 20, 2022 8:32 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 293July 3, 2022 4:06 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 294August 15, 2022 5:13 AM

Lock the gymnasium doors and start a fire inside.

by Anonymousreply 295August 15, 2022 5:21 AM

I'd fuck more boys.

by Anonymousreply 296August 15, 2022 10:02 AM

Was this thread REALLY worth bumping?

by Anonymousreply 297August 15, 2022 10:04 AM

I did everything I was supposed to at the time. I just didn't have someone to guide me in the right direction. I would have been better off going to community college and then transferring to a four-year uni. I also would have been better off on anti-depressants and getting counselling, because I was not ready for the rude awakening that was college. In high school, I had structure and everything seemed fine, even though it wasn't. I got good grades, but it didn't mean a whole lot, because my high school wasn't particularly challenging. These things masked my issues. And, I didn't have a sound plan, nor did I know what I wanted. The truth is I had to go through everything I did to get to where I am. Sliding doors can put you in a worse position just as much as you think it can place you in a better one.

by Anonymousreply 298August 15, 2022 10:13 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 299September 12, 2022 2:39 PM

I'd have asked Kelly LeBrock to solve all my problems.

She would have told me to invite the two lipstick-wearing bullies over for drinks with me and my cute friend.

We'd then fuck like deranged weasels.

I assume.

The 80s were a long time ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300September 12, 2022 3:41 PM

Antidepressants would have made a massive improvement in my quality of life when I was growing up, but they weren't prescribed to kids in those days. Plus we were pumped so full of anti-drug propaganda that my parents would probably have refused to give them to me. A therapist once prescribed Valium for my unbearable anxiety and my mother was to terrified that I'd become addicted that she asked the pharmacist to only fill a quarter of the prescription, and I was afraid to take them. So I went around like a terrified weasel as usual, which was fine with my mom--she hated anyone who was happy and functional.

by Anonymousreply 301September 12, 2022 4:14 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 302October 21, 2022 5:10 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 303December 21, 2022 5:01 PM

Wish I had invested the $20K inheritance I received from an aunt in 1987 in Microsoft. (Senior in 87) One of the "other founders" was a next door neighbor & talked about what a great opportunity it was over the fence while grilling & when my parents would entertain, blah, blah....... He's now a "quiet billionaire" & moved years ago..... But, I bought a car, went on a couple great trips..... yeah..... I sadly, occasionally check what $20K would be worth now.... Now, my parents- that's another story altogether. They're still friends & vacation together.... Crazy shit!!

by Anonymousreply 304January 20, 2023 5:49 AM

[quote]r22 I would have skipped French and taken Spanish instead, it should be mandatory.

Me, too. Also, I would spend less time being social and getting everyone to like me and just do my homework more thoroughly.

Plus, I’d drink less. I finally quit at 25 and am still sober.

by Anonymousreply 305January 20, 2023 6:38 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 306February 23, 2023 6:07 AM

I would of come out of the closet and had sex with a bunch of guys

by Anonymousreply 307February 23, 2023 6:33 AM

I would have fought back harder and shown absolutely no mercy. I would have spread rumors all over social media that bullies were closet cases. I would have filmed they BJ's I gave football players and then posted it on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 308February 23, 2023 6:36 AM

I would have accepted the offer from the New School to be part of their program for juniors with high PSAT test results.

Although - I’d probably be dead now if I had moved to Greenwich Village in 1980.

Maybe it’s for the best that I stayed put.

by Anonymousreply 309February 23, 2023 6:44 AM

I would have studied math a lot harder than I did. It was the only subject I had real trouble with and I never asked for extra help. I would have been more outgoing too, or at least tried to be.

by Anonymousreply 310February 23, 2023 9:09 AM

I wish I would have known that any boy teasing you for being gay is just trying to find out if he can stick his dick in your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 311February 23, 2023 12:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!