Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When was the Las time you faced homophobia?

I just went down to the mall today and I've been looking into how male k pop stars do their makeup so I thought since I don't frequent the mall I went to today why not try self expression and puto makeup just for today so I put on very light foundation which was my mom's and traced my eyes with eyeliner like t.o.p. as shown in the photo. And there were three instances I noticed today. A little girl kept starring and starring and starring at me. And there were several guys who said really loudly "whoa". And the cashier of one store I went into took one look at me and then refused to maintain rye contact during the entire transaction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2020 9:20 PM

It wasn't homophobia program troll, it was because you probably looked like a fucking idiot. Like y'know, somebody who is trying to put on make up for the first time.

I would say ask a friend to help you, but we all know you don't have any.

by Anonymousreply 1July 10, 2015 1:14 AM

I was just at my cousin's funeral who died of a heart attack at age 43. We grew up together and she was like a big sister to me when we were younger. The preacher eulogizing her went on a weird homophobic rant about he was not going to marry gay couples and that the law might be constitutional but it's not biblical and the whole bit. It just came out of nowhere and I just sat there. I didn't really get mad because it would have been like getting mad at a baby shitting it's pants. I mean that's just what a baby does. He was just doing what an uneducated, ignorant homophobe does. It made me feel closer to my cousin though, because out of all the people in my family she was one of the one's on the forefront to actually be happy for me and my boyfriend when I came out. She would have been appalled.

by Anonymousreply 2July 10, 2015 1:15 AM

For me it was last week. No, it does not suddenly disappear.

by Anonymousreply 3July 10, 2015 1:28 AM

what R1 said.

by Anonymousreply 4July 10, 2015 1:39 AM

[quote]rye contact

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 5July 10, 2015 1:46 AM

lol, FB Asian troll is back, I don't even have to use trolldar, the same narrative the same sytax and the same grammar

by Anonymousreply 6July 10, 2015 1:47 AM

Honey, that's not homophobia, that's a cultural difference. Most men in the U.S. don't wear makeup in public, and the ones who do are prepared for the reactions. Were you dropped in here from a spaceship, Program Troll? Are you trying to phone home?

by Anonymousreply 7July 10, 2015 1:55 AM

Fuck off, program troll.

by Anonymousreply 8July 10, 2015 1:57 AM

Program Troll is actually in Canada R7, not the states. He is Japanese and moved to Canada when he was 7.

by Anonymousreply 9July 10, 2015 1:59 AM

That's what happens when you try to move from 7-8 to 9!

by Anonymousreply 10July 10, 2015 2:04 AM

[quote]Program Troll is actually in Canada [R7], not the states. He is Japanese and moved to Canada when he was 7.

I thought he was Chinese or Korean, not Japanese.

Program Troll, if you speak Chinese, would you head over to the thread about the woman having a melt down about her cell phone and tell us what she's screaming?

by Anonymousreply 11July 10, 2015 3:44 AM

R2, file a complaint about the preacher. Using a funeral as a platform to spew his hate is just absolutely disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 12July 10, 2015 3:49 AM

R12 OK Karen.

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2020 9:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!