Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you met your true love yet?

how did you meet him?

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2020 1:30 AM

At a fast food restaurant. Seriously. And, while we're both now old, we're not either one fat.

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2015 2:43 AM

M/P/BR

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2015 2:44 AM

No. I'm thinking I never will, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 9:20 PM

I have, but he was married to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2020 10:00 PM

On okCupid - together for over five years. Married for four. He’s my absolute best friend and soulmate. I also met him at 44 and thought I would never meet someone I adored. So you know...it can absolutely happen.

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 10:09 PM

R4 Sounds like an infatuation. How do you know it was true love? And why didn't you fight for it?

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2020 10:09 PM

I don't think there's any such thing as a single "true love" - that's a fantasy.

I do genuinely love several people, and have loved a few in the past as well. I think people often confound love with great companionship. That's my jaded opinion.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2020 10:12 PM

One person in a relationship always loves a little more than the other.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 10:13 PM

I was 24 and gorgeous, he was my 31 year old TA.

I think true love develops over life... we're going on 11 years together. It's earned through pain, sorrow, great happiness, and deep mundanity experienced together. Your crush becomes Euphoric lust becomes terrifying commitment becomes true love.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2020 10:16 PM

Met him 40 years ago.

Loved him for every minute of those 40 years.

Felt him die peacefully next to me last weekend after a year suffering with ALS.

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2020 10:18 PM

Oh my god, R10. So sorry for your loss!!

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2020 10:20 PM

I met mine in my late 40’s. You have to kiss a lot of toads before you meet your prince. Also, something “unusual” happens along the way that makes the meeting unique from other dates- it’s sort of like the unexpected happens and either it ruins everything or you know right away he’s the one.

For example, I had promised a coworker to help move a couch. He came along, (we had been dating awhile) and when we were moving it, the sleeper part popped out and hit me square on the mouth! There was blood everywhere. He freaked out, and ran down the street looking for help.

Suddenly I realized he loved me fiercely and intensely, it shone through at that moment- and I knew he was the one. No one ever showed me love like that, and I’ve only seen that fierceness a handful of times from him, but something shifted that day and was never the same after that. I knew he had my back and married him shortly afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2020 10:29 PM

R10 - truly inspirational. Love is everything- absolutely everything. So sorry for your loss xoxo

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2020 10:29 PM

R3 is the 2015 bump troll.

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2020 11:30 PM

We just lower our standards over time

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2020 11:39 PM

No, R15, we don't. We just learn to look for the things that really matter.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2020 11:44 PM

R8 I agree with but why is that ?

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2020 12:47 AM

Yes. But we didn’t end up together. Life was complicated.

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2020 1:25 AM

Yes, in 1981. I sometimes think it's better to meet your soul mate, of however you wish ti describe that sensation of being so connected to somebody. Then separate. That way you'll never see their feet of clay.

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2020 1:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!