Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anne Heche

Do we still hate her ? Hollywood doesn't seem to (now that she's straight again).

She has a new show on the USA Network called 'Dig' .........anyone see it ?

She has a pathetic 7,200 followers on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 25September 25, 2020 4:29 AM

Me and my gay gals liked Anne in Hung and Men in Trees.

I didn't know we ever hated her. Why did we hate her?

by Anonymousreply 1July 5, 2015 12:06 AM

She described herself as being insane during her lesbian phase with Ellen. Once she was 'better' she became straight.

by Anonymousreply 2July 5, 2015 12:10 AM

She was on one of those HGTV yard makeover shows and seemed twattier than any of the other wives they've had.

by Anonymousreply 3July 5, 2015 12:23 AM

Girl be crazy!

by Anonymousreply 4July 5, 2015 12:26 AM

Anne He-She?

Once, you loved her or hated her. Now, you can't work up much emotion one way or the other about her.

by Anonymousreply 5July 5, 2015 1:33 AM

She plays a crazy woman in the Nicole Kidman film Birth, and watching it I felt sorry for Ellen. It seemed that not much acting was necessary.

by Anonymousreply 6July 5, 2015 1:40 AM

She's not a good actress. I walked out of "Six Days and Seven Nights" because she was so dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 7July 5, 2015 1:42 AM

I became a fan due to Men in Trees. I also thought she was good on Everwood.

by Anonymousreply 8July 5, 2015 1:47 AM

She's as toxic as she is talentless.

by Anonymousreply 9July 5, 2015 1:51 AM

I don't think she's toxic, but if someone told me she was bipolar, I would not be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 10July 5, 2015 1:55 AM

I don't have a problem with her, but that show "Dig" was dreadful. Lasted about 2.5 episodes then decided I'd rather get an extra hour of sleep.

by Anonymousreply 11July 5, 2015 1:56 AM

She was FANTASTIC in O Pioneers, O Pioneers in her early years.

by Anonymousreply 12July 5, 2015 1:58 AM

She was brilliant on Another World.

It's also clear she's crazy, and being with Ellen (likely a career move) fucked her head up worse.

She's still talented, but she seems to have lost that "it" factor.

by Anonymousreply 13July 5, 2015 2:24 AM

Maybe if Anne Heche had never met Ellen, the public wouldn't really know about her. Anne rode on Ellen's coattails for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2015 8:03 PM

Hmm I don't buy that, Anne riding on Ellen's coattails. Anne was sort of a starlet for quite awhile. Only when her movie career crashed did she start doing tv series.

by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2015 8:05 PM

She was beyond brilliant on Another World. I still occasionally watch her on Youtube clips from her time on AW.

It was her first real acting job and she was mesmerizing.

She had her first breakdown toward the end of her run.

She has never been anywhere near as good since.

Even her speaking voice is changed. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

I do think she's admitted to being Bi-polar and I believe her meds have messed with her talent in some way.

by Anonymousreply 16July 8, 2015 8:40 PM

[quote]I walked out of "Six Days and Seven Nights" because she was so dreadful.

The real question is why you would have ever walked in.

by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2015 8:50 PM

I was thinking of her when Michael Sam and his fiancé broke up. I thought perhaps the fiancé pulled a Heche.

by Anonymousreply 18July 8, 2015 8:53 PM

Huh? that little queer famewhore Vito is not going straight..... hardeeharhar.....

by Anonymousreply 19July 8, 2015 9:07 PM

DL hated her? Why? It's not her fault her replacement on Another World was so mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 20September 25, 2020 1:48 AM

I never had any strong opinions on her. She was quite good in Birth alongside Nicole Kidman. What a strange and haunting film. Danny Huston was great as the asshole fiance.

by Anonymousreply 21September 25, 2020 2:32 AM

Heather Graham's character in Bowfinger was based on her, which I think says it all. She's an attention seeker who will do anything for fame, including pretending to be a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 22September 25, 2020 2:49 AM

You can wonder and wonder about Anne Heche fruitlessly... or you can read her autobiography. It's very good. She really lays bare all of the traumas she endured in childhood; how it affected her as she was maturing into adulthood; her mental breakdown; career choices, and on and on.

The chapter on her Ellen-era alter ego Celestia is utterly fascinating!

It's really a good read. Much better than just having all these questions in your head like "Is she bipolar? What was the deal with her dating Ellen? Was she faking being gay?" etc etc. She spells it out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 25, 2020 3:55 AM

R23 I’m dying to read that now.

by Anonymousreply 24September 25, 2020 3:57 AM

Yes, we still hat her because she's a psycho twat.

by Anonymousreply 25September 25, 2020 4:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!