Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SCREAM: The TV Series

Premiers tonight on MTV after Teen Wolf

Anyone going to be watching? Anyone interested?

by Anonymousreply 53July 11, 2019 9:15 PM

I saw the 7 minute clip they released last week. Looks decent. I"ll definitely check it out.

by Anonymousreply 1July 1, 2015 1:15 AM

Yes if there are hot guys in first episode then I will continue to give 5-6 episode more chance

by Anonymousreply 2July 1, 2015 1:18 AM

Lesbians making out.

Half naked chicks.

Super-speed texting.

Fumbling with Siri.

Graphic gore.

by Anonymousreply 3July 1, 2015 2:08 AM

What the fuck is this bullshit? That deformed, lovesick outcast crap is more out of VALENTINE than Scream.

"Some guys like sports. I like serial killers. And Brandon James is my Dallas Cowboys."

That's their crisp, Williamson-esque dialogue? Yiikes.

by Anonymousreply 4July 1, 2015 2:23 AM

Jake is fucking hot. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 5July 1, 2015 2:25 AM

I see they're taking a cue from Stalker and making hauntingly creepy remakes of songs

by Anonymousreply 6July 1, 2015 2:42 AM

Well, it was surprisingly good I thought.

by Anonymousreply 7July 1, 2015 3:29 AM

[quote]I see they're taking a cue from Stalker and making hauntingly creepy remakes of songs

That seems to be the popular trend now. I've seen it on several other TV shows and commercials. Frankly, I'm already tired of it.

by Anonymousreply 8July 1, 2015 5:38 AM

It's not going to be easy to sustain interest over 13 (?) episodes, considering the average stalker movie is about 90 minutes (the length of two episodes).

The first 8 minutes showed the main action, the rest was all set up and no execution (literally).

The teenage cast is all stereotypes. The back story of Daisy/Brandon seems to be important because Emma's mother mentions her husband leaving 'after the attack' .......... so there's going to be some type of Scream 3 payoff with Emma turning out to be the serial killer's daughter, I guess.

Introductory episode, so way too soon to tell who the killer(s) are ..........but Emma got a phone call and Audrey (and her girlfriend) was being watched by someone wearing the mask, so .....

by Anonymousreply 9July 1, 2015 5:00 PM

I guess it gets points for the "meta" dialog where the character says making a TV series out of a slasher movie is a dumb idea :-)

by Anonymousreply 10July 1, 2015 11:05 PM

Looks like it's going to be 10 episodes. Next week, the Courtney Cox/Gale Weathers character turns up. Her name is Piper.

by Anonymousreply 11July 2, 2015 1:45 AM

Just watched the pilot and only the first 6-8 minutes were marginally interesting.

[quote]I see they're taking a cue from Stalker

If they had, it might have been more interesting. That show was produced by Kevin Williamson and had more of the flavor of the Scream films than this does.

Unfortunately the leads, Maggie Q and Dylan McDermott, were unappealing and their characters were unsympathetic. Otherwise it might have lasted longer than one season.

by Anonymousreply 12July 3, 2015 3:37 AM

If they get Jake naked for all the remaining episodes, I'm in.

by Anonymousreply 13July 3, 2015 8:39 AM

Ugh. The second episode was baaaaad ............... starting off the episode with the murder is not a great idea. Everything that follows becomes pretty boring. It's like a bad 90210 with a body count. Hello ?? We get it already, Emma is Bradley whathisface's daughter ........and in each episode Noah appears to be 'in jeopardy' ? I'm calling him as one of the murderers (especially with that 'fake red herring' last week about the blood on his forehead. And I'll call the second killer as the douche jock whose car Noah 'tagged' ....way to throw suspicion off of the killing duo. NOT.

Next week it looks like someone (supposedly) dies in a car (truck ?) explosion .......... if they don't find a body, of course that will be one of the killers (and since it looked like a truck, I'll say it's douchey jock boy.

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2015 12:50 AM

Okay, I can't watch this show anymore, with their constant mispronunciation of the word "GIF"... it's pronounced "JIFF" goddammit. Only fucking retards use a hard-G because they don't know any fucking better.

Like nails on a blackboard.

by Anonymousreply 15July 11, 2015 6:37 PM

I love the concept of the show, I just don't think it's executing it very well.

I've watched about every teen show from "Buffy" to "Dawson's Creek" to "The O.C." to "90210"... and all I can say is that the characters in the "Scream" TV series are completely generic and 2D in comparison.

The main girl, Emma, is just not as compelling as Neve Campbell. I think the best character is Randy 2.0 (don't remember his character's name). I used to like the lesbian chick, but when her girlfriend was killed, she looked sad like she had been dumped, not devastated and shocked.

by Anonymousreply 16July 11, 2015 7:23 PM

Tonight's episode was a little better. I was going to give up if it wasn't.

Not great but good enough I'll hang in there for a while.

by Anonymousreply 17July 15, 2015 5:40 AM

This show is shit. I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 18July 15, 2015 6:47 AM

only if they have a gay male character like in the movies, if not then no.

by Anonymousreply 19July 15, 2015 6:55 AM

Wait.. they have lesbians but no gay men, even though gay men are canon in the Scream universe? LOL. So typical.

by Anonymousreply 20July 15, 2015 7:41 AM

[quote]gay men are canon in the Scream universe

I only remember one gay guy, from Scream 4--the one with the webcam headset. There was a strong homoerotic subtext between Skeet Ulrich and the other killer in the original film but nothing spelled out.

Am I forgetting someone?

by Anonymousreply 21July 15, 2015 7:50 AM

[quote] Well, it was surprisingly good I thought.

Same here. I think it's going to replace Teen Wolf.

The first season is always make or break, and it's really good right now. There's a good mix of characters and plot.

Only problem is that Teen Wolf has the absolute hottest male characters, and this show is kind of lacking in this department. The guys are marginally cute.

I wish they would hire more Tyler Hoechlin types.

by Anonymousreply 22July 15, 2015 2:15 PM

There are two EXTREMELY hot guys on Scream, which puts it in Teen Wolf territory this season anyway. They just don't take their shirts off enough.

by Anonymousreply 23July 15, 2015 2:32 PM

test

by Anonymousreply 24July 15, 2015 3:24 PM

test again. WTF is Error # 69

by Anonymousreply 25July 15, 2015 5:45 PM

R21, I don't think that kid was even really gay, I think he was just throwing that out there as a last ditch effort to avoid getting killed by the killer.

by Anonymousreply 26July 15, 2015 7:22 PM

R25 I got that error the other day. It eventually let me post with no changes in text so there was no inexplicably banned word in it.

by Anonymousreply 27July 15, 2015 9:17 PM

R21 um the whole CREATOR of the Scream franchise, Kevin Williamson, is an openly gay man.

Good bye

by Anonymousreply 28July 16, 2015 1:12 AM

I haven't even used the word i-pod in months! Really, I haven't.

by Anonymousreply 29July 16, 2015 7:42 AM

So... the hot dark-haired guy and the hot blond guy (that seem to be evil) have a weird chemistry. I keep expecting them to kiss or something.

by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2015 4:42 AM

No comment about the rich-bitch's dad being a screaming queen in real life? You may remember him as Patrick Stewart's lover who died of AIDS in the movie "Jeffrey"...

by Anonymousreply 31July 23, 2015 4:47 AM

Episode Four was the worst yet ....... obviously Noah and Audrey are not the killers, as they had at least two episodes alone where there was no reason for BOTH of them to act remorseful/curious ....... I'd say Noah is involved with an adult character (as he is the one that was 'in jeopardy' in two episodes already)

For the adult he is working with, I'd say it is probably the teacher who always calls on him to do the meta dialogues.

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2015 4:48 AM

episodes = scenes.

Also still think Brandon James is Emma's real father and was set up as the killer of the original mass murder victims.

Teacher is his brother that Noah was in contact with.

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2015 4:50 AM

This show hit the skids quickly ........... now at episode six with no killings in episode four or five ....... and episode six had one dream stabbing and one real stabbing (with the victim dragged off)

At this point, with four episodes left, there will be more survivors than victims.

by Anonymousreply 34August 5, 2015 9:35 PM

It's actually kinda grown on me. I don't care how badly it compares to the movie, because I don't care anything about the movie. I've seen it, it was good enough to watch a couple times, no desire to see it again. The show does have really bad topical dialogue for the trendy teens, but once you get over that, it has a reasonably compelling storyline. I'd recommend it for a binge.

by Anonymousreply 35August 5, 2015 10:00 PM

[quote]um the whole CREATOR of the Scream franchise, Kevin Williamson, is an openly gay man. Good bye

Um, how does that translate into "gay men are canon in the Scream universe"?

Please educate us all instead of just being a snippy cunt.

by Anonymousreply 36August 5, 2015 10:01 PM

Why are there no gay characters? So disappointing and a total retcon, considering the movies (at least the 4th one) had a gay character.

by Anonymousreply 37August 5, 2015 10:11 PM

They did weasel out on the gay characters. They thought the whole thing being based on an outing video that went viral, and led to a suicide, was enough. And one of the main characters is "bi-curious," but not really gay at all, we're assured, despite the butch hair cut.

Actually the viral video leading to a suicide thing was already used for the horror movie "Unfriended." Scream made better use of it though, even if they stole it.

by Anonymousreply 38August 5, 2015 10:27 PM

Sooooooooooo............with three episodes left, there are either going to be a lot of survivors left or a lot of deaths over the next three episodes. I'm thinking a lot of survivors (since there is a second season planned) ............and three killers ..........one adult (Piper) and two teenagers (Noah & Kieran ??)

There are still six living teens and five living adults (six if you count Emma's unseen father)

by Anonymousreply 39August 13, 2015 1:44 AM

This just keeps getting more boring. Now they've introduced the abandoned child storyline from 'Scream 3' ............... two episodes left ............ and no one died (again) in the last episode. Should've done six episodes instead of ten.

by Anonymousreply 40August 19, 2015 2:28 PM

The end.

For me, it was a bit of a bust. Had the killer figured out long ago ........and the ending set up for a new red herring for season two is a bit boring.

I can't believe how many people on imdb.com believe that XXXXXX is the second killer ! Even though the showrunners have confirmed that they haven't tied any of the killings to them (and that they could just be an accomplice of sorts)

Of course the MTV viewers are all 14 years old, so they don't know any better. I am definitely outside their target audience, but watched it because of the Scream franchise.

by Anonymousreply 41September 3, 2015 9:27 PM

Trailer for Scream Ressurection. I didn't realise it'll be on Vh1 instead of MTV. But at least they're using the original Ghostface mask and Roger Jackson is doing the voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 25, 2019 1:56 PM

Wasn't DL Icon Tyler Posey supposed to be in this third season?

by Anonymousreply 43June 25, 2019 2:23 PM

^^^ he is. but why did it take them 3 years to finally fart it out?

by Anonymousreply 44June 25, 2019 2:49 PM

R43 yes, I think he plays a drug dealer. I remember when they first announced it, they got the wrong Tyler and said it would be Hoechlin instead.

by Anonymousreply 45June 25, 2019 2:58 PM

Looks dreadful

by Anonymousreply 46June 26, 2019 1:53 PM

I didn't watch the trashy TV show — yet.

But I did buy the Ghost Face DLC for Dead By Daylight last week!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 26, 2019 5:54 PM

You can change his costume to a Demon Face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 26, 2019 6:03 PM

R48 but what about a stoned Ghostface?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 1, 2019 8:08 AM

Saw the first epi the other night, and fuck a duck every single one of those cunts is so incredibly annoying i can't wait to see them all get shish kebabed in the most gruesome way possible. Was that the feel they were going for? Cuz they fucking nailed it like a $2 whore. ( that being said, the mehican mo is hella cute <3 )

by Anonymousreply 50July 11, 2019 5:03 PM

I won't be watching. "Scream" was so refreshing when it came out, and even the first sequel was good. But then I got sick of it, and it hasn't aged well. The idea of that annoying voice saying "WRONG again, SYDNEY!" is kind of nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 51July 11, 2019 5:06 PM

I think a Scream reboot would actually do well, since the thing's meta nature lends itself well to commentary on the entire nature of reboots. It didn't hurt that the first movie would likely have been successful just on its own merits, because it was an effective slasher while being an effective meditation on slashers.

by Anonymousreply 52July 11, 2019 5:20 PM

I didn't mind Scream 4 but I would have preferred Hayden's character as the lead. Emma Roberts dialogue at the end always makes me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 53July 11, 2019 9:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!