Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rupert Graves is guest starring on Last Tango in Halifax!

Is this a come-down for the once hot Brit actor? I love this series but this season is starting off with a lot of sudsy plotlines.

Any other fans?

by Anonymousreply 46March 24, 2018 10:05 AM

Was Downton a comedown for Maggie Smith or Penelope Wilton? In the UK, work, for an actor, is not considered a come down. Generally, they are actors first.

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2015 11:37 PM

He'll be starring in a new series on ABC called The Family. It's also starring Joan Allen and Andrew McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2015 4:36 AM

Come down? When did he come-up?

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2015 5:00 AM

[quote]It's also starring Joan Allen and Andrew McCarthy.

I condole him.

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2015 5:02 AM

At least he admitted to sucking dick.

by Anonymousreply 5July 2, 2015 6:02 PM

Did he? He was terrorized by Kevin Spacey when they were doing The Iceman Cometh in London and refused to come to Broadway with it as part of an aranged Equity exchange. Robert Sean Leonard replaced him and Spacey probably let him alone because he had the sex appeal of a dish rag.

by Anonymousreply 6July 2, 2015 6:31 PM

Last Tango in Halifax is brilliant. One of the best things on TV. The acting and writing (esp) are sublime.

How many gay roles has Rupert Graves done, btw? The only two I've seen are Maurice and Clapham Common. I recently saw him in Where Angels Fear To Tread, with Helena Bonham Carter and the brilliant Judy Davis. He was gorgeous back then.

by Anonymousreply 7July 2, 2015 6:40 PM

He's also D.I. Lestrade, a recurring character on "Sherlock." He is aging SO well. Sigh...

by Anonymousreply 8July 2, 2015 6:48 PM

Fuck Kevin Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 9July 2, 2015 6:59 PM

r9, rinse and repeat.

by Anonymousreply 10July 2, 2015 7:03 PM

He was on The Crimson Field last Sunday and he had a reoccurring role on Scott & Bailey in the first season.

by Anonymousreply 11July 2, 2015 10:28 PM

R6 I missed that. What did Spacey do to him? When was this?

I think the last thing I saw this guy in was Death at a Funeral and I spent most of the movie trying to determine if he was hot or not. I decided not. It must have been the long hair, b/c he looked good on Last Tango in Halifax. Heh as some big teeth, though

by Anonymousreply 12July 3, 2015 2:56 PM

Spacey sexually harrassed him, he desperately wanted to fuck the guy who'd played the sexy kid in Maurice. But Graves was having none of it. A drunken Spacey even folllowed him home one night and Graves yelled at him "FOR FUCK'S SAKE PISS OFF!"

by Anonymousreply 13July 3, 2015 2:59 PM

Rupert Graves has been a tv actor for decades. Trying to think of a tv drama he *hasn't * appeared on is hard. He's in practically everything. He was in Sherlock, Midsomer, Inspector Lewis, Miss Marple, Scott and Bailey, Wallender, Turcs and Caicos, Death in Paradise, The Forsyte Saga, the Crimson Field and Last Tango -- and that's all just this week on my PBS station.

I liked this show at first but it's getting too soapy. Cella already did the bitchy homophobic "I can't accept this lesbian thing" nonsense and got over it last series. For her to do it all over again was formulaic. It was just to provide drama before killing off you-know-who, so Celia could reconcile with Caroline again. Next series, I'll gueess Caroline will get a new gf and Celia will do it all over again. And then she'll make up with Jacoby and Lancaster the next day. Also, Caroline's insistence that Gillian needed to immediately tell Celia about Rupert was senseless and not something that the Caroline character would have done.

I can see where they're going with Gillian a mile away. Robbie and John, a juggling act. I know Nicola Walker is a favorite, working class hero type of actor but I just don't like her. I can't put my finger on why. She just seems kind of.....unclean. And can't she get better dentures? She's a leading lady now.m

Speaking of dentures, wtf is Rupert trying to do with the teeth in this role? I keep expecting him to say, "Ehhh...what's up, doc?"

by Anonymousreply 14July 13, 2015 11:23 PM

Having Rupert Graves added to Last Tango was a nice surprise. Unlike OP, he's an actor I've always enjoyed and he's not someone who inspires me to bitchiness.

by Anonymousreply 15July 13, 2015 11:42 PM

I love Anne Reid on Last Tango.

by Anonymousreply 16July 14, 2015 12:03 AM

I too derive pleasure from seeing Rupert Graves appeari in this program. I wish he were in my program, but alas, he is not and this makes me sad. The bitchiness saddens me as well. It gives me a melancholy feeling when someone does not adequately appreciate things I am grateful for. I feel there must be emptiness inside. A cold, dark emptiness that emanates rom the center of your being and spreads like a fresh bloodstain on a white cloth. I cannot engage with this. It is wrong.

I'm going to the library now

by Anonymousreply 17July 14, 2015 12:11 AM

He said that he dabbled in homosexuality in his youth because he thought that it was arty.

by Anonymousreply 18July 14, 2015 12:58 AM

18 responses and nobody has mentioned that he appeared naked in A Room With A View

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 14, 2015 1:51 AM

Rupert Graves' mouth has grown inordinately smaller as he has aged.

by Anonymousreply 20July 14, 2015 1:04 PM

I want to strangle that old lady!!!

by Anonymousreply 21July 14, 2015 1:12 PM

Have they made him wear giant-teeth upper dentures in an effort to make him resemble Nicola Walker, so he will seem more like her brother?

Are they writing him out of the show? It seems like he was a semi-regular for one season only and they want to get rid of his story line. His character is all, "Gee I think I rushed into this new family and all and I really shouldn't have," as if they are setting the scene for him to drop the family. Mind you, if I found someone like Gillian were my sister, I'd back out, too. She's a flaky, moody, sneaky alkie that no one needs in their life.

by Anonymousreply 22July 23, 2015 7:16 PM

Gillian is a bit scary and out of control. She's always blurting things and then pretending it was accidental, like her mouth can't hold onto information. It's hard to fathom that she and Alan ever spent more than a minute together here and there, because they act like they come from different planets. Gillian's son Raff and Caroline's younger son Lawrence are genuinely despicable and I get the impression the writers think it's clever.

by Anonymousreply 23July 23, 2015 7:27 PM

R19, he's done a lot more nudity than that. In "Different for Girls," he falls in love with a woman who used to be a (male) school chum. One scene has Rupert pull out his penis and wave it around.

It's heavenly.

by Anonymousreply 24July 23, 2015 7:33 PM

Gillian's such a slut.

And why do all these men find her attractive? Any port in a storm, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 25August 3, 2015 11:02 PM

Gillian is the only one who'll fuck those guys. Have you looked at them? The husband looks like he got hit by a truck, John needs to be in deep therapy and Ollie from the store has serious mental problems.

by Anonymousreply 26August 3, 2015 11:07 PM

Rupert Graves used to show his uncut British cock a lot in his younger days. (eg. Room With A View).

by Anonymousreply 27August 3, 2015 11:21 PM

"Maurice"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 3, 2015 11:28 PM

With James Wilby in "Maurice":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 3, 2015 11:29 PM

And:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 3, 2015 11:30 PM

And:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 3, 2015 11:32 PM

Ass in "Open Fire":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 3, 2015 11:33 PM

Ass & cock in "Rome With a View".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 3, 2015 11:34 PM

And:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 3, 2015 11:37 PM

Rupert & James in "Maurice":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 3, 2015 11:37 PM

He's also on Dominion, although I don't know if it's a lead role.

by Anonymousreply 36August 3, 2015 11:39 PM

He took out his uncut cock in a tranny film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 3, 2015 11:41 PM

I'm glad Spacey didn't get near that lovely ass.

by Anonymousreply 38August 3, 2015 11:42 PM

He seems very comfortable with nudity.

by Anonymousreply 39August 3, 2015 11:42 PM

: )

: )

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 3, 2015 11:45 PM

What about Robbie? He's kind of bearish. And he was in Life on Mars and a ton of other shows.

How come Alan uses "were" as the singular past tense of "to be" when everyone else uses "was"?

by Anonymousreply 41August 3, 2015 11:46 PM

Played Octavian in the "Cleopatra" T.V. movie in 1999 opposite Billy Zane & Timothy Dalton.

by Anonymousreply 42August 3, 2015 11:46 PM

Beautiful lean body in his youth:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 3, 2015 11:49 PM

Facing down Billy Zane:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 3, 2015 11:49 PM

Last 2 episodes of last Tango in Halifax now on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 45March 24, 2018 9:48 AM

He's also in the first episode of Krypton.

by Anonymousreply 46March 24, 2018 10:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!