Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

LGBT and Atheism

Which of these presents the tougher coming out process?

by Anonymousreply 99January 4, 2021 10:51 PM

One of the great conceits of atheism is that a vast number of people care either way. Even most people of faith are pretty quiet about it these days.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2015 12:14 AM

The greatest conceit of r1 is thinking his comment made sense.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2015 12:17 AM

OK, remedial version. Many, many atheists, especially on DL, think everybody cares that they don't believe in God, because very often being atheist and being smug go hand in hand.

But most people don't care.

These days, most people who do believe in some aspect of a religion don't make a big deal about it. This makes them very different from most atheists.

Get is now, R2?

Honestly, it'll be a long night if we all have to go to these lengths for you.

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2015 12:23 AM

depends where you live. Coming out as an atheist would make no ripple in major cities. You'd be like most others. Same is true for LGBT I guess.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2015 12:23 AM

Don't worry r1/r3 that's what I thought you said and was confused because I've never seen an atheist go knocking on anyone's door.

People of faith however are perpetually trying to convert everyone else, pass religious laws, refuse you service, deny women choice, it goes on and on and on.

Frankly I've never seen an atheist in here be half that obnoxious.

I don't know where you got the idea that "these days" people don't make a big deal of religion, have you been paying attention lately?

I would think not.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2015 12:28 AM

Interesting question. I am both, although it was a lot easier for me to acknowledge that I am gay, because the evidence is empirical. It took a lot longer for me to admit that I'm an atheist, rather than just a agnostic, and there's a big difference.

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2015 12:31 AM

[quote]I'm an atheist, rather than just a agnostic, and there's a big difference.

That's true. I take back what I said at r4. Most people in urban areas are probably more agnostic. Atheism would probably get you a bit of a second look. Mostly because even non-believers often have trouble saying they are atheist just because of the "well what if" factor.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2015 12:35 AM

I'm both too. It was much easier for me to come out as an atheist. I'm wondering why this is.

I guess the approval ratings, so to speak, of LGBT people and atheists are probably about even. So what gives?

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2015 12:48 AM

I have found over my 73 years that religious beliefs are seldom discussed by educated people or ignorant people. All people have beliefs whether it's deity based of simple common sense or the lack of there of. I've also found the final result is pretty much the same for all. When I'm asked what I believe in, I always say the same thing, "the more information I absorb gives me a little more understanding of the ever deepening appreciation of the vastness of my ignorance." I don't even pretend to be concerned with sexuality. Hell, that stuff is fluid and evaporates long before we return to being worm food or charcoal briquettes. So you can scratch off that LBGT bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2015 12:50 AM

r9 sounds like they would be a lot of fun at parties.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2015 12:53 AM

I'm pagan and it was easier--MUCH easier-- coming out as gay. I was born gay, I chose Paganism. My family really doesn't care that I have sex with other men, but they were extremely upset when I mentioned that I don't believe in the christian god or Jesus. Of course, I had to do the whole, "No, I'm NOT a Satanist, I don't even believe in the concept of Satan, blahblahblah" speech.

I think my parents don't grasp the concept that I can't believe in a religion that told me I was sinful, that I was going to hell, that I was an abomination, etc. Pagans and atheists, on the other hand, don't give a fuck and most pagan belief systems are VERY gay accepting.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2015 1:24 AM

OP needs to banned.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2015 1:31 AM

Why, r12?

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2015 2:02 AM

I love how very smug R3 gets while claiming that atheists are smug.

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2015 2:10 AM

Neither caused me much turmoil. I guess I'm lucky to be from a non Christo-fundy family and region.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2015 2:45 AM

My whole family nearly is atheist. No problems there at all

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2015 2:46 AM

[quote]Many, many atheists, especially on DL, think everybody cares that they don't believe in God, because very often being atheist and being smug go hand in hand.

Typical christian-poisoned weasel words.

You can't EVER claim a lack of supernatural beliefs without being accused of all kinds of awful qualities. The Churchies will come for you by any means possible for daring to use your brain, and not fall in lock-step.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2015 2:48 AM

I think the reason many US atheists are so obnoxious (see Twitter) is because they grow up surrounded by hypocritical, judgemental churchies. I'd probably make a bigger deal of my atheist beliefs if everyone around me was so duped by the narrow-minded hypocrisy that passes for faith in so many communities.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2015 3:08 AM

[quote] Atheism would probably get you a bit of a second look. Mostly because even non-believers often have trouble saying they are atheist just because of the "well what if" factor.

Agnosticism isn't about 'what if'. It's about not caring enough to even take a stance either way, the acknowledgment that it doesn't concern or affect your life one way or the other. That's the big difference between atheism and agnosticism. Agnostics don't proselytize, but for many atheists it's their life's "mission". (Drum roll, s'il vous plait)

[quote] I'd probably make a bigger deal of my atheist beliefs if everyone around me was so duped by the narrow-minded hypocrisy that passes for faith in so many communities.

I don't think that's it. Even though atheism, on its surface, appears to be the opposite of religion, it fulfills the same psychological need for atheists as religion does for theists. That's why so many of them are as rabid as born again Christians.

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2015 3:50 AM

[quote]I don't think that's it. Even though atheism, on its surface, appears to be the opposite of religion, it fulfills the same psychological need for atheists as religion does for theists. That's why so many of them are as rabid as born again Christians.

This is stupid. I'm an Atheist, it serves no function in my life until rabid religionists make an issue of it. There are no Atheist meetings, no Atheist Churches, no dogma, no commandments, not one single thing that impacts me until some bible thumpers come along.

Atheism isn't the "opposite" of religion, it's a response to religious propaganda - and if there were no religionists, there would be no Atheists.

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2015 4:55 AM

Hmmmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2015 5:09 AM

Oh spare me, those people speak for no one but themselves. Unlike your local Catholic Dioces. I repeat there is NO "Atheist" church.

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2015 5:16 AM

[quote]This is stupid. I'm an Atheist, it serves no function in my life until rabid religionists make an issue of it. There are no Atheist meetings, no Atheist Churches, no dogma, no commandments, not one single thing that impacts me until some bible thumpers come along.

This is truth. The only people who make "atheism" (literally "without a god") to be some kind of religion are the theists who cannot conceive of a world view their sky daddy.

by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2015 5:18 AM

[quote]... of a world view their sky daddy.

...of a world view WITHOUT their sky daddy ... of course.

by Anonymousreply 24June 19, 2015 5:24 AM

If you go out of your way to self-label and identify with a certain ideology it's PRECISELY because it serves a purpose or function in your life. Cut the disingenuous bs.

by Anonymousreply 25June 19, 2015 5:26 AM

Atheism isn't an "ideology."

Stop projecting.

by Anonymousreply 26June 19, 2015 5:33 AM

As a species we've existed for about 200 thousand years and throughout that time many, many people have been completely certain about many, many things. Many of those things we find completely ludicrous today. And if we exist for another 200 thousands years many, many people will be completely certain about many, many things once again and will view our current beliefs as ludicrous. I can't take anyone who has such certainty without the evidence to prove it. You're just another in a very long like of humans who also believed they knew the TRUTH.

by Anonymousreply 27June 19, 2015 5:34 AM

Oh so atheism isn't a set of ideas and ideals? Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 28June 19, 2015 5:37 AM

[quote]If you go out of your way to self-label and identify with a certain ideology ...

Not at all, R25. You are looking at the issue solely from your own, invested perspective. People who are invested in a god belief (theists) are buying in to a particular ideology. People who are not buying in your god belief (atheists) are rejecting your ideology.

There is no substitute ideology involved no matter how much you want there to be. We are "without" a god. Not "with" a substitute" god, no matter how much you want that to be true.

by Anonymousreply 29June 19, 2015 5:43 AM

So r28 since you are so informed what "ideals" and "ideas" are common to all atheists besides disbelieving things religionists insist upon?

Enlighten us all.

by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2015 5:52 AM

R29

You're exactly the kind of person I'd expect to self-identify as an atheist. You're a black and white thinker with no gray area. Since I don't buy into your silly, evidence free, teenaged rebellion aka atheist ideology it means I'm a theist. No dear, I'm a bit more discerning than that, I need proven facts to back up such certainty. Clearly faith and hope are good enough for you but not for me. If you're going to go out of your way to identify with a certain ideology at least stand by it.

by Anonymousreply 31June 19, 2015 5:55 AM

r31 can't respond to the point without it being obvious he's a blithering idiot. BRAVO! Nicely done, you've done more to impeach yourself than any of us ever could.

by Anonymousreply 32June 19, 2015 6:00 AM

Um, the belief that there are no gods or deities is an idea and an ideal, dear.

by Anonymousreply 33June 19, 2015 6:00 AM

R32= I can't handle any sort of debate or criticism of my ideology. I don't know what ideology means but I'm certain( a common theme in my world) that atheism isn't an ideology.

by Anonymousreply 34June 19, 2015 6:04 AM

[quote] This is stupid. I'm an Atheist, it serves no function in my life until rabid religionists make an issue of it. There are no Atheist meetings, no Atheist Churches, no dogma, no commandments, not one single thing that impacts me until some bible thumpers come along.

The fact that you’re getting so worked up, love, shows the importance of atheism in your life. Whether that be that it gives you a sense of identity or provides a sense of comfort to you as a lowly, sinful sodomite that you aren’t being judged.

[quote] Atheism isn't the "opposite" of religion, it's a response to religious propaganda - and if there were no religionists, there would be no Atheists.

I thought reason and rationality (ergo: literacy) got atheists dicks hard. Read what the fuck I said, sweetheart. ;)

Let’s try again:

[quote] Even though atheism, on its surface, [bold]appears[/bold] to be the opposite of religion, it [bold]fulfills the same psychological need for atheists as religion does for theists[/bold].

As a learned, lover of knowledge, you do know that not every religion has required places of worship or even direct religious leadership or whatever other accouterments of the Catholic Church you have in mind. That doesn’t make them any less spiritual in nature.

[quote] That's why so many of them are as rabid as born again Christians.

Check and mate, boo.

by Anonymousreply 35June 19, 2015 6:07 AM

Um, r32 (probably r33 and the rest), telling you your gods don't exist is not a belief according to the English language Sugarplum. Nor is it an "ideal" the only idea is that you've been duped into believing silliness. Not surprising considering the state of your discourse.

r33 is just pussyhurt by an idiot who can't respond to the germane point.

Whatever. I'm done with you.

by Anonymousreply 36June 19, 2015 6:09 AM

R36 is just more proof of your black and white thinking but I expect that from someone who doesn't know what ideology means or what an idea is. You don't have the intellectual chops to debate this issue which is why you keep going on about some invisible point you're hoping to convince others you've made. You lack intellectual curiosity and that's why you self-identify as an atheist. Like whatever be done then.

by Anonymousreply 37June 19, 2015 6:20 AM

R31, I'm trying to find some relation in your response to what I said, but there doesn't seem to be any. I am left with the only possible conclusion that you are drunk. Considering the time of night of this (and your) posting, I will assume the truth of that assumption, no matter what response you may be still be (briefly) able to still make tonight.

by Anonymousreply 38June 19, 2015 6:21 AM

Atheism is an absence of belief (in the supernatural). It is not an anti-religion nor any kind of belief system.

Some atheists have no belief system, but more/many are humanists. Humanism is a belief system based around the golden rule - "do as you would be done by"; a tenet ostensibly shared by all the major religions.

Atheism is not a type of godless religion. Even the subset of atheists labelled militant atheists (and atheist is not a synonym of militant atheist) are not operating under a belief system.

by Anonymousreply 39June 19, 2015 6:25 AM

In other words R38 my post summed you up perfectly and you can't think of an intelligent response ( not that surprising) so you're only left with accusing me of being drunk. Pick an ideology you know a little about next time, dear.

by Anonymousreply 40June 19, 2015 6:26 AM

I think atheism as a big deal is very much an American thing. I honestly have no idea of the religious beliefs of my five closest friends and we've known each other for over twenty years. It just isn't really relevant to us.

by Anonymousreply 41June 19, 2015 6:30 AM

They are ain't called CHRISHITIANS for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 42June 19, 2015 6:41 AM

R40, you seem to be still unable to respond to my original post at R29 in a cogent manner. If you would like address that without your subsequent and entirely predictable superficial attacks, please feel free.

Do you need me to sum up the issue at hand for you ... again?

by Anonymousreply 43June 19, 2015 6:42 AM

R41

I read a US opinion poll which had most Americans putting rapists and atheists on an equal moral level! Here in the UK, we wouldn't be having this discussion either. I don't have a single family member, friend or acquaintance who is a practicing Christian. Everyone is either agnostic or atheist.

by Anonymousreply 44June 19, 2015 6:44 AM

R43, how hilarious is that you speak of predictable superficial attacks after accusing me of being drunk in your previous post because you couldn't handle my post about your obvious black and white thinking. You've made no point no matter how desperately you try to convince everyone that you did. The truth is your post has no real relevance to mine. Your post was nothing but a set of unfounded assumptions. I said nothing about substitute ideologies or anything about my own beliefs or " invested perspective" or "my god." That was just your attempt to build a strawman because you desperately need me to be a theist. If a group of people are lumped together based on a similar idea or belief this is an ideology and/or belief system. Honestly, based on your posts it's clear that you aren't much of a debater and you seem to know little about atheism or what is or isn't an idea or ideology. You're just not up for this. Just go sit down.

by Anonymousreply 45June 19, 2015 7:04 AM

R41 It's because Americans in particular are obsessed with labeling people and separating people into categories. It's a very us against them, you are either with us or against us mentality. Many Americans base their identities and/or define themselves according to group membership and their opposition to the opposing group. For example a conservative can never admit to agreeing with certain aspects of liberalism or vice versa without hearing it from their group members (and independents are seen as fence riders and that's a bad thing). The same is true for atheist and theist. You're either all in or you're all out.

by Anonymousreply 46June 19, 2015 7:09 AM

The US is a very broad sample, R44. Pollsters can collect the results they want depending on where and to whom they ask their questions. There are many locations in the US that wouldn't be having "that" disscussion either.

by Anonymousreply 47June 19, 2015 7:10 AM

Alright R45, you are entirely correct. There is no other point of view that has any validity but yours. You are the absolute master of all perspectives and no one who holds a different idea than your own has any right to express that idea at all. We are all in awe of your magnificent superiority and wouldn't dare dream of holding or, devil take us, expressing an alternate idea from your own, for fear of offending your manifest sense of personally-entitled righteousness. You are God incarnate! We all bow to your self-centered sense superiority.

Satisfied?

by Anonymousreply 48June 19, 2015 7:29 AM

[quote]People of faith however are perpetually trying to convert everyone else,

That's as big a generalization as "atheists are smug." It's true of some, not of everyone. "People of faith" covers a lot of ground, and not everyone's faith requires them to hate others, as fundamentalists of any religion do.

by Anonymousreply 49June 19, 2015 7:49 AM

Yes I am, r48. Now go sit down, dear. Sweet dreams.

by Anonymousreply 50June 19, 2015 7:55 AM

Coming out as gay is a lot worse. Being gay is a more essential part of you than being an atheist, which is a mutable quality. People can see how they themselves could become an atheist, after all they were not born with a belief in God themselves--but becoming gay? They were born straight, so that they will never understand. For that reason, being gay is seen as something weirder, more 'other'. Being gay will elicit more judgment about things such as one's character and even mental health. Being atheist, not so much. Historically people have even tried to ban us from schools and politics. Atheists don't rank high in people's likability pyramid but they've never had to deal with that.

by Anonymousreply 51June 19, 2015 8:05 AM

I agree with you, R49. The subject is much broader than our individual opinions.

by Anonymousreply 52June 19, 2015 8:24 AM

Oh, and R50?

Fuck off, you assumptive twat.

by Anonymousreply 53June 19, 2015 8:30 AM

I agree with R9. Not only is sexuality fluid, and het/homo/bi just labels that we essentialize, terms such as God, believer, atheist, agnostic are also essentialized terms.

by Anonymousreply 54June 19, 2015 9:06 AM

[quote]I can't take anyone who has such certainty without the evidence to prove it. You're just another in a very long like of humans who also believed they knew the TRUTH.

It's called having faith. It wouldn't be called faith if you had evidence. You just know faith to be the TRUTH in your heart and not require any proof. But I don't know why people would discriminate against atheists. You atheists will be judged soon enough by God, so it's not up to us to judge you.

by Anonymousreply 55June 19, 2015 10:01 AM

Wow, DL is so diverse we even get ex-gays posting! Hi, r55!

by Anonymousreply 56June 19, 2015 10:12 AM

I'm glad I live in a country that people just assume you aren't religious unless you say otherwise.

I also enjoy the absolute hysteria thrown out by rabid American Christians as they slowly circle the drains .

by Anonymousreply 57June 19, 2015 10:35 AM

An intelligent Hell would be better than a stupid paradise.

by Anonymousreply 58June 19, 2015 10:40 AM

R57

On this thread, it's the determination of that strange person to "prove" that atheism is a belief system akin to a religion that's getting me.

There are belief systems open to atheists - the most common being humanism, as I said earlier - but atheism is not itself a belief system. That people can't understand that is quite bewildering to me.

by Anonymousreply 59June 19, 2015 10:57 AM

To believe in nothing is absurd. Oh, what empty lives you must lead, full of nothingness. It is Satan at work.

by Anonymousreply 60June 19, 2015 11:44 AM

[quote] To believe in nothing is absurd. Oh, what empty lives you must lead, full of nothingness. It is Satan at work.

:)

by Anonymousreply 61June 19, 2015 11:50 AM

Atheists believe all sorts of things, R60. Just none of those things take the form of fairies in the sky. The universe is full of nothing? I hope you are joking.

by Anonymousreply 62June 19, 2015 11:51 AM

Who the fuck is Holden C? Holden Cock?

by Anonymousreply 63June 19, 2015 12:30 PM

Lots of angst towards Atheists in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 64June 19, 2015 12:34 PM

I honestly believe it's more difficult to be a successful artist than to live openly as a gay person. As for atheism, depends on the country I guess. Religion sure has made an unwelcome comeback these past two decades.

by Anonymousreply 65June 19, 2015 12:39 PM

Atheists are the most disliked group on the planet. People presume they are the most immoral group of people. I have openly hear people tell atheists they are bound for hell and deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 66June 19, 2015 12:40 PM

Well, it is true that they're immoral and going to hell. Nothing is stopping them from cheating, stealing, lieing, killing, raping women, adultery.

by Anonymousreply 67June 19, 2015 12:48 PM

In Christianity, you to hell not because of individuals, but because you don't believe in Jesus the Christ as God and Savior. Unbelief is the damnable sin that leads to eternal torment and separation from God.

by Anonymousreply 68June 19, 2015 12:52 PM

Good grief R67.

by Anonymousreply 69June 19, 2015 1:05 PM

These days it takes infinitely more courage to be religious. Atheism is what's trendy.

by Anonymousreply 70June 19, 2015 1:10 PM

Trendy isn't what gets you into heaven.

by Anonymousreply 71June 19, 2015 1:15 PM

Aren't you all so fucking glad you weren't born in the middle of the Amazon Rainforest? Imagine it - cursed to hell for all eternity because you happen to live in a place that's never heard of the one man who you need to worship in to get into heaven.

by Anonymousreply 72June 19, 2015 1:18 PM

That's why missionaries exist, R72, to get into these remote places to save these poor people.

by Anonymousreply 73June 19, 2015 1:25 PM

It's trendy in a very tiny segment of the population

by Anonymousreply 74June 19, 2015 1:27 PM

I'd love to learn more about the psychology of religious belief. I jus don't understand how anyone could pick up a Bible and actually believe it to be true. It's illogical, irrational and inaccurate. It's totally bizarre.

Of course, I wouldn't give a shit if Christians weren't so determined to inflict their ludicrous beliefs on everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 75June 19, 2015 1:30 PM

[quote]Agnosticism isn't about 'what if'. It's about not caring enough to even take a stance either way, the acknowledgment that it doesn't concern or affect your life one way or the other.

Really? You haven't got a clue about being agnostic. Agnosticism is the belief that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.

by Anonymousreply 76June 19, 2015 1:39 PM

I don't even recognise this thread as Datalounge. What have we become?

by Anonymousreply 77June 19, 2015 1:50 PM

[quote]Um, the belief that there are no gods or deities is an idea and an ideal, dear.

So what about a belief that there is no Tooth Fairy? Is that an idea and an ideal too, mi'lady?

by Anonymousreply 78June 19, 2015 2:28 PM

Agnosticism is cowardice and imbecility raised to a pretended "moral virtue." R67 is what theists believe, and they believe it because they are told it; and because they believe human nature is degraded and evil. Indeed, their dedication to this belief is so extreme that they feel without religion they would themselves plunder, steal, rape, and murder. That's why most atheists simply leave them alone. But the fact is that religion did not invent morality, and has never had a monopoly on it, and, indeed, is always unethical both in detail and general outline - something Christians easily see in Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, or Communists, but never in themselves. Atheism is all about the lack of empirical evidence that there is anything resembling an interested intelligence governing the fates of human individuals. Not only is there no proof, there is not the slightest suggestion of evidence.

by Anonymousreply 79June 19, 2015 2:46 PM

Anyway to answer the original question, it depends on the person. My college roommate was a strong atheist but couldn't handle coming out as gay. I had no problem with the gay thing but had difficulty coming out as atheist. It wasn't so much about family attitudes - his uncle was gay and his parents were gay supportive - as the fact that he had mixed up homosexuality with silly childish notions about masculinity, social status, and power. And I had mixed up religion with benign qualities or social influence. Neither were true of course, but he couldn't see the one without a mental revolution and it took me awhile to see the other.

by Anonymousreply 80June 19, 2015 2:54 PM

Good post, r80. Thank you. I intended this thread to be more like your post and not the flame war it's become.

by Anonymousreply 81June 19, 2015 3:00 PM

Only Viagra gets my dick hard!

by Anonymousreply 82June 19, 2015 3:16 PM

Nobody outside of the US ever comes out as an atheist. This is not a rite of passage in the sane world.

by Anonymousreply 83June 19, 2015 3:38 PM

The sane world is smaller than you suppose R83

by Anonymousreply 84June 19, 2015 5:08 PM

R84

Yes. Sorry. I probably mean 'developed world', don't I? How ethnocentric of me!

by Anonymousreply 85June 19, 2015 5:14 PM

There is no correlation between sanity and development, as should be obvious to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 86June 19, 2015 6:40 PM

R85 is an illustration why most of the world despises atheists

by Anonymousreply 87June 19, 2015 8:11 PM

That is certainly a lie R87. They despise atheists for the reason that has been given earlier: they have been told to by people in power.

by Anonymousreply 88June 19, 2015 8:42 PM

god did NOT create man-man created god. this was done by so called prophets for power and financial gain. after all religion IS the opiate of the masses.

by Anonymousreply 89June 19, 2015 8:57 PM

Man also created modern homosexuality, r89. Its creation as an identity remains grounded in parity and equality, as opposed to religion, which remains mutable to various causes.

So why is it so hard to come out?

by Anonymousreply 90June 21, 2015 2:06 AM

[quote]god did NOT create man-man created god.

This is what the devil wants you to believe. Boy, the devil is having a field day.

by Anonymousreply 91June 21, 2015 2:14 AM

You don't "become" an atheist, you simply go back to being one. EVERYONE is born atheist.

by Anonymousreply 92June 21, 2015 2:22 AM

No, everyone is born with Jesus inside of him. Whether you choose to accept Him coming inside you is another matter. Atheism is a conscious choice made by the fool hearty.

by Anonymousreply 93June 21, 2015 2:26 AM

Funny how the religious loons find their way to push their sick agenda on the world.

by Anonymousreply 94June 22, 2015 2:12 PM

[quote]No, everyone is born with Jesus inside of him. Whether you choose to accept Him coming inside you is another matter.

Jesus came inside of me this weekend. I accepted every drop. Love you Papi, and your eight inches!!!

by Anonymousreply 95June 22, 2015 2:26 PM

R1/R3 clearly doesn't live in the south.

Being atheist is worse than being gay... a bigger slap in the face to families, etc.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, and you have the audacity to try and smear atheists as 'smug'? I'm laughing at you.

by Anonymousreply 96June 22, 2015 2:37 PM

Gay cannot be changed usually, but atheists can always find Jesus Christ :)

by Anonymousreply 97January 4, 2021 10:34 PM

Atheists, like tattoos, are more common than not these days.

by Anonymousreply 98January 4, 2021 10:44 PM

Both are extremely tough in backwards third world shitholes, like Somalia, Saudi Arabia or Mississippi

Google apostates of Islam to see just how tough ex-Muslims do it - even in the first world it can be scary -and life threatening - for them. Not that its much different in the more backwards parts of the American South either

by Anonymousreply 99January 4, 2021 10:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!