Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

But... what of the children? Successful scions of stars long departed and maybe forgotten...

This might be fun.

Many of the Hollywood stars before the 70's and earlier had children. Unfortunately a lot of them haven't fared well as individuals. But, then there are those who are trying to, and making their mark! Let's talk about the children, and grandchildren, of the stars that some may have forgotten about and what they are doing. I'll start;

Jimmy Durante's grandson, Ryan Bloum: about age 20/model

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77February 23, 2023 5:59 AM

Ryan Bloum

HOMETOWN: Del Mar, California

MOVED TO LA: I haven’t yet.

PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE: I’ve been a paragliding instructor.

FIRST ACTING GIG: I haven’t gotten one yet. I was in one play in sixth grade. It was The Grinch and I played a little elf. I wasn’t very tall.

FAVORITE MOVIE: Pulp Fiction [1994].

ROLE MODEL: Tom Cruise, because he was in Top Gun [1986], and I really like that movie.

MOST MEMORABLE AUDITION: The first audition I ever went to was for the Razor scooter company. It was just really fun. I rode a scooter around on a little white-wall background. I didn’t fall, luckily.

MOST HOLLYWOOD EXPERIENCE: Staying at my grandma’s mansion in Beverly Hills. My grandpa was Jimmy Durante, and it’s cool just to look through her house and see everything.

by Anonymousreply 1June 17, 2015 4:51 PM

Ink-a-dink-a-don't.

by Anonymousreply 2June 17, 2015 5:07 PM

Very interesting thread idea OP!

by Anonymousreply 3June 17, 2015 5:23 PM

Grandpa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 17, 2015 5:43 PM

I guess everybody knows that Chris Pine's grandmother was Anne Gwyne?

ANNE GWYNNE holds the distinction of starring in what was the first filmed dramatic series for television. In 1947-1948 Miss Gwynne starred in "Public Prosecutor", filming 26 episodes for NBC (also known as "Crawford Mystery Theatre"). Anne Gwynne's motion picture and television career spanned the years 1939 through 1970.

Remember Flash Gordon? She was the girl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 17, 2015 5:46 PM

Clark Gable's grandson. Clark Gable III/23

At 6-2 and 220 pounds and with model good looks. Clark James Gable, the grandson, was born in 1988. What he knows about his famous grandfather comes from family lore, books and magazines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2015 6:25 PM

Clark Gable, III

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2015 6:26 PM

Okay. I'm going to go for the obvious one. I remember watching a late night talk show in which Chris Pine talked about his father, Robert Pine, playing Sargeant Joseph Getraer on the popular TV show CHiPs. The show ran from 1977 to 1983. CHiPs stands for California Highway Patrol, for those of you who weren't even born when the show was one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2015 6:27 PM

... when the show was *on. Too much cooking sherry.

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2015 6:33 PM

Luke Flynn, grandson of actor Errol Flynn shown here with his grandmother, the late Patrice Wymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2015 6:50 PM

Steve McQueen grandson & namesake of 1960s megastar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2015 6:52 PM

He's lost most of his appeal in the past 20 years but actor Jason Patric (THE LOST BOYS) is the grandson of entertainer Jackie Gleason

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 17, 2015 6:54 PM

Lena Horne's children and grandchildren--a mess up in here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 17, 2015 6:54 PM

Steven Howard--sports writer grandson of Leslie Howard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2015 9:21 PM

OP needs to drop the pretentious bs before posting.

by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2015 9:28 PM

Thank you for that, R2 !

by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2015 9:35 PM

Clark Gable III is basically the lovechild of Robbie Pattinson and Lee Pace

by Anonymousreply 17June 17, 2015 10:43 PM

Well I still can't get over Norah Jones is Ravi Shankar's kid but Lauren Bacall and Jason Robards son, Sam Robards, though he's been around a while. Elvis' granddaughter, model-actress Riley Keough. Actor Jason Ritter, John's son, Tex's grandson. Also around for a long, long while, hideous Ileanna Douglas the grand-daughter of the great Melvin Douglas who's probably rolling around in his grave. (She called fucktard James Woods a "great American.") Steve McQueen has a lookalike actor grandson doesn't he? And Chaplin grandchild is in Game of Thrones I believe.

by Anonymousreply 18June 17, 2015 10:57 PM

And yet your contribution was nothing R15.

by Anonymousreply 19June 17, 2015 11:17 PM

Norah Jones is Ravi Shankar's daughter? I missed that.

by Anonymousreply 20June 17, 2015 11:20 PM

How, R20!

Chris Pine looks just like his dad!

by Anonymousreply 21June 17, 2015 11:43 PM

Say hello to Mickey Rooney Jr!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 17, 2015 11:53 PM

Mark Harmon's mom was B-Movie starlet Elyse Knox. He has her eyes

by Anonymousreply 23June 17, 2015 11:55 PM

Hedy Lamarr's son, Anthony Loder , in 1997. His father was Hedy's third husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 17, 2015 11:59 PM

Rex Bell Jr., former Clark County district attorney, Las Vegas justice of the peace, died in 2011 after a battle with cancer. He was 76. His mother was Clara Bow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2015 12:03 AM

Forgot to add that Anthony Loder owned a phone business in LA, so not exactly skid row though not exactly successful.

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2015 12:06 AM

R15 has a point. The OP is a bit too try-hard and frauishly chipper for the Datalounge. She starts a lot of threads and most of them are embarrassing. She needs to tone it down and take a few steps back.

We've had the "successful offspring" thread a hundred times. It's okay, I don't mind, almost all threads are recycled at this point. I'm just saying that the breathless "This might be fun, kids" routine from the OP is a little much.

[quote]Also around for a long, long while, hideous Ileanna Douglas the grand-daughter of the great Melvin Douglas who's probably rolling around in his grave. (She called fucktard James Woods a "great American.")

Appalling. The only thing I've ever liked her in was "To Die For" where she played Kidman's sister in law, the failed ice skater.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Woods unless he threw her a fuck with that giant cock of his. He's a great actor and a fucked up American. She had a long-term affair with Martin Scorsese, god only knows what he saw in her. I think it was during one of his heavier drug phases.

Speaking of Marty, his ex Isabella Rossellini's twin sister is a successful professor of history or lit or something in NYC. Isabella's been pretty successful as well.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2015 12:28 AM

Mickey Rooney Jr. looks as if he's ready to re-make "Dressed to Kill" at a moment's notice.

by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2015 12:31 AM

That's HEDLEY, r24.

by Anonymousreply 29June 18, 2015 1:07 AM

Melvyn Douglas was sexy

by Anonymousreply 30June 18, 2015 1:10 AM

Hey Mickey, Jr. -- care to try out for Mr. Yunioshi in our remake of "Breakfast at Tiffany's?" It will go over SO well now.

by Anonymousreply 31June 18, 2015 1:19 AM

Mickey Rooney Jr. stole Dolly's hair!

Call the gendarmes, alert the media, this aggression will not stand!

by Anonymousreply 32June 18, 2015 2:04 AM

Ted Nelson (ne Theodor Holm Nelson) is one of the pioneers in information technology. He coined the term "hypertext." His father is actor-director Ralph Nelson and his mother is Academy Award winning actress Celeste Holm

by Anonymousreply 33June 18, 2015 2:58 AM

I remember seeing a photo spread on Hedy Lamarr and son Anthony Loder in After Dark Magazine in the 1970s and he was gorgeous back then.

There's also a To Tell the Truth episode on youtube with them both on it, even earlier from the 1960s. Even more gorgeous!

What happened to him?!

by Anonymousreply 34June 18, 2015 3:04 AM

[20] yeah I was shocked when I learned that a few years ago [29] Bahahaha

"I'm not sure what the deal is with Woods unless he threw her a fuck with that giant cock of his. He's a great actor and a fucked up American." [27] Agreed to all. Can't stand her...LOL Scorsese & Woods' cock. Had to be it.

by Anonymousreply 35June 18, 2015 3:05 PM

[quote]Forgot to add that Anthony Loder owned a phone business in LA, so not exactly skid row though not exactly successful.

I see what you did there, r26.

by Anonymousreply 36June 18, 2015 3:16 PM

[quote]Many of the Hollywood stars before the 70's and earlier had children.

OP makes it sound like Hollywood stars from the 70s onwards don't have children.

by Anonymousreply 37June 19, 2015 1:31 PM

[quote]We've had the "successful offspring" thread a hundred times. It's okay, I don't mind, almost all threads are recycled at this point. I'm just saying that the breathless "This might be fun, kids" routine from the OP is a little much.

My apologies R27. I do try to do a search of a topic before I personally create a new thread. I dislike duplication. The search function for this new DataLounge is terrible! Anyway, I did not know that this topic had been covered. This is only my second year here and I thought it would be interesting. Oh well, my mistake...

by Anonymousreply 38June 19, 2015 2:26 PM

Nobody has mentioned Bibi, whose dad was a famous professor?

by Anonymousreply 39June 19, 2015 3:00 PM

Judy Holliday's son, Jonathan Oppenheim, edited Paris is Burning. Saw him at a JH retrospective Q&A and he had her mannerisms.

Courtney Love might be Marlon Brando's granddaughter, I think.

by Anonymousreply 40June 19, 2015 6:15 PM

Was Sam Robards originally called that? Or does he have a brother named Jason Robards III? Or is Jason Robards III the actor's son by a different wife. I ask, because, in the spring of 1967, I attended Dance Weekend at Milton Academy, outside of Boston, and a young man next to me was introduced to someone else as "Jason Robards." Curious, because I had seen his father earlier that fall on Broadway, in the play, "We Bombed in New Haven."

Also, to continue this topic, Tyrone Power had a son who looked almost exactly like him. I used to see him now and again at Equity open calls in New York, though the only film credit of his I'm aware of is one of the aliens in "Cocoon." And I once did extra work in a comedy with Chris Lemmon, Jack Lemmon's son, where Chis was supposedly attending an s&m party, dressed in a Santa Claus outfit. Strange movie, filmed in a hall at the N.Y.U. Law School in Washington Square. Never heard of it ever being released. (I played a leather man, mercifully wearing dark glasses... Also, a friend of mine from Harvard also tried to make it as an actor in New York, and ended up rooming with one of the guys who was one of identical twin sons of Walter and Jean Kerr, though he didn't enjoy talking about it, saying he'd heard enough of "Please Don't Eat the Daisies," in which he was featured, albeit as a child.

(BTW: I didn't go to Harvard, myself. I went to Boston U. I acted at Harvard, which had open auditions, ended up doing 10 plays there, and 5 other ones in Cambridge. Turns out I may have been reviewed by Frank Rich at some point, who was reviewing for the Harvard Crimson at the time. Funny, that.)

by Anonymousreply 41June 19, 2015 6:39 PM

R41 There is a Jason Robards I (an actor), II (the famous actor) and III who is an actor and the product of his first marriage.

by Anonymousreply 42June 19, 2015 7:16 PM

Ethan Gregory Peck born 1986 and grandson of Gregory Peck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 19, 2015 7:29 PM

Ty Power's son was hot

by Anonymousreply 44June 19, 2015 8:08 PM

Jimmy Durante is the patron saint of BDF.

by Anonymousreply 45June 19, 2015 9:11 PM

Durante? Massive pussyhound. BIG Roosevelt supporter.

by Anonymousreply 46June 20, 2015 11:00 PM

Irving Thalberg Jr. was a distinguished professor of philosophy at the University of Chicago. His father was head of production at Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. His mother was Academy Award winning actress Norma Shearer

by Anonymousreply 47June 21, 2015 2:44 AM

Cue the Norma Shearer Troll, R47. He should be here soon.

by Anonymousreply 48June 21, 2015 2:58 AM

Don't forget Luke's cousin Sean Flynn...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 21, 2015 3:24 AM

Well, he's done well for himself!

Justin Trudeau

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 20, 2015 2:25 PM

Deanna Durbin's grandson is Joshua David is uniquely successful. He co-founded the High Line and now runs the World Monument's Fund!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 20, 2015 2:41 PM

Justin Trudeau, who looks fine otherwise, needs to do something with his hair.

by Anonymousreply 52October 20, 2015 5:11 PM

A knowledgable Hollywood eldersister said that Jimmy Durante was horse-hung.

by Anonymousreply 53October 20, 2015 5:17 PM

Marlon Brando's grandson Tuki is a successful model

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 20, 2015 5:23 PM

R30

Well thank you ! If you think I'm something, try my granddaughter ILEANA DOUGLAS who looks like SOPHIA LOREN procreated with PENNY MARSHALL !!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 20, 2015 5:37 PM

Ileanna Douglas is one of my favorite actresses.

by Anonymousreply 56October 20, 2015 5:38 PM

R1, is a great example that if you're a star's kid, you don't have to do anything. No studying of acting, non college, no studio, just say I want to be an actor and that's it. You think about as deeply as Tom Cruise in Top Gun and your experience is a sixth grade play. I mean, I don't I know. I think that contributes to how horrible everything is today: music, movies, etc. TV is pretty good though.

by Anonymousreply 57October 20, 2015 5:39 PM

"Oh thank you granddaddy ! I always thought I looked more like SOPHIA and SHELLEY DUVALL but hell I'll take whatever I can get !!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 20, 2015 5:41 PM

I played Chris Partridge on tv's THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY from season II onward. Did you know that my granddaddy was actor ALAN NAPIER probably best remembered for playing ALFRED the butler on tv's BATMAN ? ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 20, 2015 5:45 PM

Kula Shaker's lead singer is Sir John Mills' grandson (Hayley's son)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 20, 2015 6:20 PM

Jennifer Grant. Cary Grant's and Dyan Cannon's daughter. She's 49 now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 5, 2015 7:36 PM

[R58] She's got an Angela Cartwright vibe

by Anonymousreply 62November 6, 2015 12:11 AM

Bob Dylan's grandson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 26, 2016 5:15 PM

Elizabeth Taylor's grandchildren

Following in the steps of their famous grandmother, five of Elizabeth Taylor's 10 grandchildren are continuing her charitable legacy in the fight against AIDS. Laela Wilding (43), Naomi deLuce Wilding (40), Tarquin Wilding (25), Eliza Carson (32) and Quinn Tivey (28)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 26, 2016 5:26 PM

All the stars now have their kids as actors...it makes sick. Just because Meryl has made her fortune as an actor that means her daughters should also?Everything is so fucked up...in the past nipitism was looked down on, now it is celebrated.

by Anonymousreply 65August 26, 2016 6:03 PM

Quinn Tivey is the spitting image of Mike Todd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 26, 2016 6:11 PM

r64 Harper's Bazaar transposed the names in that picture: Naomi deLuce Wilding (40) is on the far left and Laela Wilding (43) is next to her. So much for their fact checkers.

by Anonymousreply 67August 26, 2016 6:16 PM

r66 I agree, but he has his grandmother's eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 26, 2016 6:18 PM

Even his right jaw resembles Todd's, R68 R66.

by Anonymousreply 69August 26, 2016 6:58 PM

A profoundly dumb friend of our family used to think that Liza Todd was actually Lisa Todd, one of the girls on [italic]Hee-Haw.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 26, 2016 7:04 PM

That's funny R70, if you squint, though, she kind of resembles Liz.

by Anonymousreply 71August 26, 2016 7:46 PM

R63 is his dad the Wallflowers dude?

by Anonymousreply 72April 2, 2021 4:13 PM

Yes, r72, Jakob is his father.

by Anonymousreply 73November 9, 2022 4:11 AM

I find the progeny of stars who are not in the entertainment business to be more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 74November 9, 2022 6:29 AM

[quote]R67 Harper's Bazaar transposed the names in that picture: Naomi deLuce Wilding (40) is on the far left and Laela Wilding (43) is next to her.

No. One. Cares.

by Anonymousreply 75November 9, 2022 6:31 AM

R7 Clark James Gable III died of a (multiple) drug overdose at age 30 in 2019.

by Anonymousreply 76November 9, 2022 7:04 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 77February 23, 2023 5:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!