Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gay male mid-life crisis : is there such a thing?

We hear about the male Mid Life Crisis all the time. They mean het guys, who start buying 'hogs' and sports cars and maybe try and earring or purchase a new leather jacket. Or maybe they fall 'in love' with their 25 year old secretary or make a fool of themselves leaving their wife and kids for a dental hygienist with big boobage.

What typifies the GAY mid life crisis?

by Anonymousreply 3104/27/2015

Hooking up with a young British diver.

by Anonymousreply 104/27/2015

Feathered 2010 Beiber cut, with hi-lights

by Anonymousreply 204/27/2015

Of course. It is worse for gay men. Gay men are obsessed with how they look, once they realize they are no longer a hot young thing and they are the old guy in the gay bar, you have these attempts to hang on to youth.

Hitting the gym, ridiculous hair styles, dressing inappropriate for their age. The refusal to grow up.

by Anonymousreply 304/27/2015

R3, there's nothing wrong with some exercise and a stylish haircut. Some people, honestly.

by Anonymousreply 404/27/2015

R4 please describe your stylish hair.

by Anonymousreply 504/27/2015

People admire those who make an effort, you should try it.

by Anonymousreply 604/27/2015

Is there anything wrong with a straight guy wanting to buy a motorcycle or sports car R4?

I'm just saying. Those are the things gay men tend to start doing when they are approaching middle age.

They are both attempts to show they still have status as a man and sexual partner. Straight men tend to do it through possessions, gay men tend to do it by trying to increase their physical appeal.

by Anonymousreply 704/27/2015

lol..R4, R3 might be talking about me. Hitting 40 next year and I have started some of those things. I wonder if I am on course to my crisis :). Was never a "hot young thing", but all that hair fall has sort of pushed me over the edge slightly.

by Anonymousreply 804/27/2015

Do mid-life bears buy 'hogs'?

by Anonymousreply 904/27/2015

An eye tuck.

by Anonymousreply 1004/27/2015

[quote]Hitting the gym, ridiculous hair styles, dressing inappropriate for their age. The refusal to grow up.

No, it's when you have pride within yourself. Who doesn't want to look good when they hit middle age?

by Anonymousreply 1104/27/2015

Now I'm older myself, but we used to call older gym bunnies at the bars Mumras. Like from the Thundercats. As in, a withered old mummy that gets all buff but flash it a reflection of its face and it goes fleeing back to its sarcophagus. Huge muscles don't make up for being old enough to be a guy's father, at least in my crowd it didn't.

by Anonymousreply 1204/27/2015

r4 and r11= Peter Pan gays

by Anonymousreply 1304/27/2015

You're obviously in the midst on one, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1404/27/2015

Some men go through life intending to try new things. As they age, they realize they haven't, and decide it's not too late to try. Nothing wrong with that. No Guts, No Glory.

by Anonymousreply 1504/27/2015

See Jessica Simpson's dad?

by Anonymousreply 1604/27/2015

My partner is right on schedule although I think that we are both past middle age. We are both 55. He bought me a leather coat for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 1704/27/2015

Jessica Simpson's dad is gay I think.

by Anonymousreply 1804/27/2015

[quote]They mean het guys, who start buying 'hogs' and sports cars and maybe try and earring or purchase a new leather jacket.

So do middle aged lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 1904/27/2015

you THINK?

by Anonymousreply 2004/27/2015

Good point R19.

So maybe the gay midlife crisis more like a frau midlife crisis and the butch lez midlife crisis is more like the straight schlub crisis

by Anonymousreply 2104/27/2015

What is the midlife crisis uniform now that. Abercrombie is out of fad

by Anonymousreply 2204/27/2015

slut shirts

by Anonymousreply 2304/27/2015

Let's turn to Dr Phil for guidance.

'Warning Signs of a Midlife Crisis

Wondering if your partner is going through a midlife crisis? Has their behavior changed? Do they seem unhappy and suddenly desire a different life? Some experts say these could be warning signs of a midlife crisis:

A decrease in weight, a new obsession with exercise and physical appearance.

Unhappiness with life and lifestyle that previously made him or her happy.

Boredom with people and things that may have previously been of interest.

Feeling a need for adventure and change.

Questioning the choices and decisions he or she has made in life.

Confusion about who he or she is and where his or her life is headed.

Anger at his or her spouse and placing blame for feeling tied down.

Unable to make decisions about where he or she wants to go in life.

Doubt over ever loving his or her spouse and resentment over the marriage.

A desire for a new and passionate, intimate relationship.

A sense of remorse for goals not accomplished.

Frequent daydreaming or feelings of nostalgia.

Acting on compulsions with food, drugs or alcohol.

Greatly increased or decreased sexual desire.

Sexual affairs, especially with someone much younger.

A desire to achieve a feeling of youthfulness.

Greatly increased or decreased ambition.

by Anonymousreply 2404/27/2015

I have two friends, both gay and in their mid 40s, who have recently gotten more tattoos. They both already had tattoos but decided to add to them. They both have really nice bodies (one's a bodybuilder) and I guess they figured that it's now or never.

by Anonymousreply 2504/27/2015

It's never darker, cool clothes, it's always flamingo beach wear when the crisis hits

by Anonymousreply 2604/27/2015

R1 = W&W!

by Anonymousreply 2704/27/2015

I've been having a mid-life crisis every year since I turned 25!

I'm 52.

by Anonymousreply 2804/27/2015

Yes there is.

This gentleman asked Datalounge what motion picture he should take his 22 year old trick to.

by Anonymousreply 2904/27/2015

R29, I hope somebody informed him they have `talkies`now.

by Anonymousreply 3004/27/2015

R25 Tragic, truly tragic.

by Anonymousreply 3104/27/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!