Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Where's Ally Sheedy?

Do any of the 80's gays keep in touch?

by Anonymousreply 40June 4, 2018 7:42 PM

She was stunning in the 80s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 9, 2015 1:52 AM

Psych.

by Anonymousreply 2March 9, 2015 1:55 AM

bump. I, too, would like to know more about Ally Sheedy. Why isn't she getting more work? She has the strength and grit to be a part of The Walking Dead cast. A guest role on The Bates Motel.

She must have pissed off someone important in the past.

by Anonymousreply 3March 20, 2015 5:15 AM

I saw her on an episode of CSI a while back. She looked her age and then some. I don't think she was big on sun block. There aren't a lot of parts for women who've aged naturally.

by Anonymousreply 4March 20, 2015 5:36 AM

It looks like she was in season six of Psych (I don't know how many total seasons there were). Phylicia R. was on that season also. Cast pic is at link.

AS looks good in the pic as does everyone else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 20, 2015 5:52 AM

And then there were two...

30th Anniversary for Breakfast Club at SXSW a few days ago.

Not even Judd Nelson??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 20, 2015 5:58 AM

good lord, MR looks like she's wearing a kitchen curtain and AS is trying to bring back grunge with those boots.

by Anonymousreply 7March 20, 2015 3:00 PM

I thought her and Emilio Estevez got together?

by Anonymousreply 8March 20, 2015 3:07 PM

Wasn't she bi and married AL'S son? And then divorce him and become a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 9March 20, 2015 3:27 PM

She's shaking her dandruff flakes onto a sketch.

by Anonymousreply 10March 20, 2015 3:30 PM

Molly looks so much better than Ally.

by Anonymousreply 11March 20, 2015 10:04 PM

She looked good in High Art. What the hell happened?

by Anonymousreply 12March 20, 2015 10:10 PM

That was fifteen years ago, R12.

by Anonymousreply 13March 20, 2015 10:14 PM

For 52 she doesn't look all that bad.

by Anonymousreply 14March 20, 2015 10:22 PM

Ally Sheedy is not gay. Her mother and her daughter are both lesbians and Ally has long been a vocal supporter of LGBT. No reason to doubt her professed sexual orientation.

Her ex, David Lansbury, is Angela's nephew.

by Anonymousreply 15March 20, 2015 10:28 PM

Molly Ringwald as a blonde. I never would have expected it. She doesn't look bad.

by Anonymousreply 16March 20, 2015 10:38 PM

R16 - No, she does not look bad at all as a blonde.

by Anonymousreply 17March 20, 2015 10:47 PM

Molly was grand marshal of LA Pride a couple of years ago. She was waving yelling "I'm so proud of you!!"over and over. Lol. It was cute actually. I love both Molly and Ally. Ally was great as Helen in LIFE DURING WARTIMEa few years ago. She plays the frazzled cunt very well.

by Anonymousreply 18March 20, 2015 11:03 PM

I think Molly looks fantastic!

Ally looks like a dyke who borrowed an outfit from Elvira, Mistress of the Dark.

by Anonymousreply 19March 20, 2015 11:08 PM

I think Ally looks good. She was too thin during the High Art era. I always felt like she was underrated as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 20March 21, 2015 1:46 AM

Ally Sheedy was in a television movie a few years ago about a mentally impaired high school girl who was abused sexually by some popular high school guys in someone's basement. Heather Mazza-something (who I think is bi) played the high school girl and AS was one of the detectives.

High Art was one of best and like another poster, I think she's underrated. I clicked through some of Judd Nelson pics, What happened? He looks like he went off the deep end in the LAX pics.

by Anonymousreply 21March 21, 2015 2:21 AM

Dreadful in Hedwig, dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 22March 21, 2015 4:21 AM

"Heather Mazza-something (who I think is bi) played the high school girl and AS was one of the detectives."

Heather Mazza-something is gay, gay, gay. And she's been forever typecast as the weird/fugly/retarded girl ever since "Welcome To The Dollhouse." With those looks, what else COULD she play? I remember one kind critic who said that Dawn Weiner would probably be very attractive when she got older. WRONG!

by Anonymousreply 23March 21, 2015 4:57 AM

Get out of my head R23.

I had forgotten about Welcome to the Dollhouse. I remember the guy at school telling her he was going to rape her at 3:00 and she better be there. She said "okay."

She cleaned up sorta nice for Saved, but they still made her an outcast.

by Anonymousreply 24March 21, 2015 5:33 AM

She should play Elizabeth McGovern's sister on next season's Downton.

by Anonymousreply 25March 21, 2015 5:39 AM

Oh c'mon, Ally has never been "stunning" R1. At best she has been "attractive". Geez.

by Anonymousreply 26March 21, 2015 7:08 AM

Dawn weiner comitted suicide, alas

by Anonymousreply 27March 21, 2015 5:59 PM

Heather Mazza-something is Heather Matarazzo. According to the 'Exclusive' category in the Nov 5, 2012 Us magazine, Heather and her girlfriend/fiancee of five split.

I never knew that and she seems likeable. She's a true NY'er also. Someone has to have met her or have a story from someone who knows her. She can't possibly be like Dawn Wiener in real life. This is my humble request for a Heather Matarazzo thread.

by Anonymousreply 28March 21, 2015 6:09 PM

oops, for the Us link...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 21, 2015 6:11 PM

Heather was phenomenal in DOLLHOUSE and should have been nominated but there is so much pearl-clutching when it comes to Solondz films. Eric Mabius was so hot in that movie

by Anonymousreply 30March 21, 2015 6:16 PM

Thanks for the link r29. Heather's got ... very pretty eyes lol. I've heard she's lovely and nothing like Dawn IRL

by Anonymousreply 31March 21, 2015 6:17 PM

r22, I went to see Hedwig when she was in it, but when we got to the theater the ticket queen said her understudy, Donovan Leitch, was performing, and we should count it as a blessing. He did a really great job.

by Anonymousreply 32March 21, 2015 6:31 PM

She's looks fine in those zimbio pics.

by Anonymousreply 33March 21, 2015 6:38 PM

Ally was really pretty and charismatic in Wargames...

I think she could have been a star at the level of Julia Roberts with the right projects... alas after The Breakfast Club she got caught up in a lousy series of Brat Pack vehicles... and then adapted an oddly frumpy style around the time of Short Circuit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 21, 2015 7:04 PM

Johnny Five…is ALIVE!!!

by Anonymousreply 35March 21, 2015 7:13 PM

Ally was very good and cute in a hippie girl way in Short Circuit.

by Anonymousreply 36March 21, 2015 9:02 PM

She really was charismatic in her early films. She was better, and prettier, in Wargames and Bad Boys than Breakfast Club and St. Elmo's Fire.

Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy peaked in the 80s, and seem like different people now.

If Molly hadn't turned down Ghost, she may transitioned into adult roles. She was the coolest, most unconventional actress around for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 37March 22, 2015 7:55 AM

Here's your thread on Heather Matarazzo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 22, 2015 12:09 PM

Molly had some good adult roles. She was good in the TV movie The Stand.

by Anonymousreply 39March 22, 2015 10:25 PM

Ally danced and wrote books as a child, had crystal/pill (Halcyon) problems and an affair with a rockstar as a young woman, and then later in life took to the stage and married the son of a legendary actress. She’s also a quiet activist, and an eccentric in dress and manner (those long skirts!) and is known for one iconic role as an archetypal character.

She’s a 12th house woman, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 4, 2018 7:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!