Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Twilight Zone Marathon

Part 2!

by Anonymousreply 384June 4, 2019 5:02 PM

Probably the most famous TZ episode, EYE OF THE BEHOLDER, is currently on.

by Anonymousreply 1January 2, 2015 2:36 AM

Edson Stroll was hotter on "McHale's Navy." One of my earliest TV crushes.

by Anonymousreply 2January 2, 2015 2:42 AM

"Eye of the Beholder" scared the shit out of me when I saw it as a little kid. I had nightmares about it for YEARS afterward.

Any idea why they had to dub Donna Douglas's voice? Horrible acting, or inappropriate accent?

by Anonymousreply 3January 2, 2015 2:43 AM

[quote]If you liked Holliman, how about Edson Stroll who was featured in two episodes ? Stroll was in 'Eye of The Beholder' where he is the young man who takes poor Janet (Donna Douglas) away to a place where other unfortunates live. On the other (I believe) called 'The Trade-Ins' he plays the rejuvenated version of the main man character.

Yes, he was very good-looking, wasn't he? And whether he actually was or not, every time I see him my gaydar goes into overdrive.

by Anonymousreply 4January 2, 2015 2:43 AM

Donna Douglas was so beautiful.

Is that her real speaking voice?

Just asking because I wonder why she literately became Elly May Clampett?

by Anonymousreply 5January 2, 2015 2:45 AM

Another of my favorites next: "The Shelter."

by Anonymousreply 6January 2, 2015 2:57 AM

Though it's rarely mentioned, it's interesting to note that "Eye of the Beholder" is called "The Private World of Darkness" in the closing credits.

by Anonymousreply 7January 2, 2015 3:00 AM

[quote]R3

Douglas' actual voice is more like her role of Elly May on THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES, hence the need to dub her in that episode. Douglas' youthful beauty is really only needed towards the end during the revelation but her thoughts throughout the episode are crucial to the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 2, 2015 3:08 AM

Here's the remaining schedule. It's a...cookbook!

Jan 1 11:30 PM I Am The Night - Color Me Black

Jan 1 12:00 AM Long Distance Call

Jan 2 12:30 AM Judgement Night

Jan 2 01:00 AM Nightmare As A Child

Jan 2 01:30 AM The Grave

Jan 2 02:00 AM The Four Of Us Are Dying

Jan 2 02:30 AM A World Of His Own

Jan 2 03:00 AM In Praise Of Pip

Jan 2 03:30 AM The Fever

Jan 2 04:00 AM The Last Rights Of Jeff Myrtlebank

Jan 2 04:30 AM What You Need

Jan 2 05:00 AM The New Exhibit

by Anonymousreply 9January 2, 2015 3:39 AM

You know what else is kind of eerie ? There were some episodes filmed on videotape 1960-61 that give the illusion that they were filmed recently so it's sort of creepy watching (long dead) Inger Stevens in THE LATENESS OF THE HOUR, Barbara Nichols in TWENTY TWO. I think that LONG DISTANCE CALL with Billy Mumy was as well. Mumy was also in the one where he's the kid holding all of the adults hostage in his home out of fear from what he can do with his mind ("wish it into the corn field son") as was Inger Stevens in another episode; the one where she keeps seeing the same hitchhiker on the road.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 2, 2015 3:50 AM

The actress under the bandages in "Eye of the Beholder" is Maxine Stuart. Donna Douglas didn't have to have Stuart's voice dubbed in in place of hers; that's HER voice you hear after the bandages were removed. She was actually able to approximate Stuart's voice pretty well.

by Anonymousreply 11January 2, 2015 3:54 AM

Kelt, thanks for your R597 on the other thread and R10 on this thread. They are insightful. I don't like the videotaped episodes. I know some consider them great, but they don't give the eerie feeling of the filmed ones.

by Anonymousreply 12January 2, 2015 3:58 AM

Most welcome. I'm not a fan of the ones on video either. They don't seem to be a part of the rest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 2, 2015 4:03 AM

The Billy Mumy telephone episode is on. I saw an interview with grown up Billy Mumy and found him eccentric in an annoying way, not in a fun way.

by Anonymousreply 14January 2, 2015 4:04 AM

[quote]There were some episodes filmed on videotape 1960-61

I never understood this. The first episode, "Where is Everybody," was on film, so they started on film, then switched to videotape, then switched back to film? Was this a budget issue? (One can only assume.)

Speaking of Mumy, he was really cute in the clip below (don't know how old it is):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 2, 2015 4:14 AM

Mumy looks much older in this one (discussing the cancellation of "Lost in Space"):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 2, 2015 4:20 AM

Yes, the switch to videotape was a budget issue.

by Anonymousreply 17January 2, 2015 5:58 AM

I was watching the eye of the beholder and looked up Dona Douglas on Wiki and it updated that she passed away ... I have looked everywhere for some kind of story but nothing is on the web

by Anonymousreply 18January 2, 2015 6:23 AM

Bill Mumy discusses the Twilight Zone episode "It's a Good Life":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 2, 2015 6:36 AM

Ah, finally "The Grave" is on. Cool episode with cool ending twist.

by Anonymousreply 20January 2, 2015 8:33 AM

[quote]Jan 2 05:00 AM The New Exhibit

Another overlooked episode. The wax figures in this are truly frightening.

by Anonymousreply 21January 2, 2015 9:23 AM

No, overlooked episodes are the ones with the guy who goes mad after his revenge plan fails and the one with the guy who attempts to "eradicate evil", or some such nonsense, only to have the universe turn against him for all the hell he's put other people through. Those are NEVER part of the marathon.

by Anonymousreply 22January 2, 2015 9:37 AM

Does any online service (NetFlix, Hulu, etc.) have the episodes available to stream? Or is it all DVD or pirate versions on youtube, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 23January 2, 2015 12:47 PM

Random musings, out of "sequence"; I apologize (OP, thank you for starting a Part 2!)

I wrote in this first thread - R400-something; sorry, don't remember, how much I liked the Gig Young episode; I sobbed and sobbed!

Then later, in the marathon,I sobbed and SOBBED at "Ring-a-Ding Girl."

Also, teared up a bit a the "16-MM..., something", with Ida Lupino; cannot BELIEVE I never saw it before!

(Never sobbed at Twilight Zones when I was a little kid watching them the first time around - getting sentimental in my old age, I guess!)

Finally, on a NON-sobbing basis, tee-hee! I LOVED "Mr. Bevis"; Orson Bean; still hanging in there and working, was wonderful!

by Anonymousreply 24January 2, 2015 1:52 PM

R22, are you talking about "One More Pallbearer" and "Four O’Clock?"

Why do you think those episodes are never part of the marathon?

by Anonymousreply 25January 2, 2015 2:03 PM

Eat them up!

YUM!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 2, 2015 2:07 PM

Edson Stroll. Gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 2, 2015 2:42 PM

All this talk about Donna Douglas. Weird that it was just announced that she died.

by Anonymousreply 28January 2, 2015 6:23 PM

[quote]You know what else is kind of eerie ? There were some episodes filmed on videotape 1960-61 that give the illusion that they were filmed recently

The first time I saw one of these I thought maybe I was watching a different show that had been packaged under "The Twilight Zone" name, or that it had been some rare live episode.

by Anonymousreply 29January 2, 2015 6:41 PM

Yeah, what is the deal with those episodes? I don't remember seeing that effect when I watched Twilight Zone as a child. Perhaps it is only readily apparent when watching in high definition. In which case, it is a double anachronism!

by Anonymousreply 30January 2, 2015 7:32 PM

[quote]R11

Director Douglas Heyes cast two actresses in the lead. The first was Maxine Stuart as the "woman under wraps." Heyes cast her "because of her voice, because her voice did nor suggest a beautiful girl, it suggested a strong, harsh, realistic woman, and therefore the unveiling would be a surprise."

The other actress cast in the lead "the beauty," was Donna Douglas. Although not well known at the time, she soon would be, as Elly May in The Beverley Hillbillies. "She was not yet known to anybody, but she was absolutely beautiful" said Heyes. So I said "You'll have a few lines, but later Maxine Stuart will dub them in her voice."

It turned out that Donna Douglas was a very good actress, and she hung around during the entire performance, the playing of scenes under bandages, and when it came to the time that she was unveiled and she had these words to say, she did them so accurately in the same voice that we didn't redub her.

[quote]From The Twilight Zone Companion by Marc Scott Zicree

by Anonymousreply 31January 3, 2015 2:20 AM

Did this marathon only show one Season 4 episode?

by Anonymousreply 32January 3, 2015 3:09 AM

Thanks, Kelt, for the information at R31.

by Anonymousreply 33January 3, 2015 3:54 AM

"The Twilight Zone Companion" is a great reference book for anyone who is a fan of the show.

For anyone who is a fan of "Night Gallery" there's "Rod Serling's Night Gallery: An After-Hours Tour" by Scott Skelton and Jim Benson. It contains everything you'd ever want to know about NG; very entertaining and informative.

by Anonymousreply 34January 3, 2015 8:09 PM

r34 I've got TTZC, thanks for the heads up about the compendium on "Night Gallery. My favorite episode of NG is Richard Kiley as a former Nazi concentration camp guard. He is excellent, as are Sam Jaffe(Dr. Zorba from "Ben Casey," and the physicist(?) in "The Day the Earth Stood Still") and Norma Crane(Golda, from "Fiddler on the Roof")

by Anonymousreply 35January 3, 2015 8:40 PM

Heheh, I trust on the July 4th TZ marathon all us TZ geeks will resurrect this thread and meet back here, yet?

by Anonymousreply 36January 3, 2015 10:31 PM

Of course, R36.

by Anonymousreply 37January 3, 2015 11:20 PM

I didn't realize there was a July 4th marathon as well!

by Anonymousreply 38January 3, 2015 11:33 PM

I missed the marathon

by Anonymousreply 39January 13, 2015 10:23 PM

We condole you, r39.

by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2015 12:52 AM

Other people might know this already, but I just figured out that when SyFy shows the couple of episodes in the early A.M. during the week (before and after their block of infomercials), they are showing them in order of their original broadcast. Well, more or less in order because there are a couple of outliers.

Have they always done that? I just started paying attention after this recent marathon. They finished up the Season 5 episodes last week and started over at the beginning with "Where Is Everybody" a few days ago.

Since New Years I've only noticed 2 episodes randomly thrown in there out of order.

Of course the order doesn't matter with an anthology show like this so it was just more of a curiosity to me.

If they always show them in this order, then I was thinking all of the Season 3 episodes recorded on videotape would be shown in a row. But I read which shows they were and realized those 6 episodes were scattered throughout their original season.

by Anonymousreply 41January 15, 2015 7:29 AM

No. I'm not her mother. I'm her DAUGHTER.

by Anonymousreply 42January 17, 2015 9:43 PM

According to wikipedia there are 2 TZ episodes that still are not shown in syndication. I had no idea.

One of them features George Takei and hasn't been aired since the original 1964 broadcast. "The Encounter" deals with bigotry toward Japanese Americans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2015 5:19 AM

The 2nd episode that isn't shown in syndication is "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge."

This one isn't withheld for any controversial issues, but for contractual reasons. It was a French production that the TZ producers purchased rights to air as an episode. But the contract only allowed for 2 airings.

I've never seen this one before now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 18, 2015 5:25 AM

SyFy is running an Independence Day marathon once again. It won't be the entire weekend, but it will fill the majority of the schedule on the 4th.

Enjoy all you fellow fans!

by Anonymousreply 45July 3, 2015 9:33 PM

I'll be watching

by Anonymousreply 46July 4, 2015 12:42 AM

[quote] One of them features George Takei and hasn't been aired since the original 1964 broadcast. "The Encounter" deals with bigotry toward Japanese Americans.

Surely that is no longer controversial and can be shown now.

by Anonymousreply 47July 4, 2015 1:34 AM

DECADES recently had a TZ marathon and there were four they didn't show, including the ones mentioned above. But they DID show all of the one hour episodes, which aren't always shown in syndication.

by Anonymousreply 48July 4, 2015 3:02 AM

I loved the episode The Fever, where the temp keeps climbing. Reminds me of LA recent weather. When will I awaken from this fever?

by Anonymousreply 49July 4, 2015 3:27 AM

I have finally "cut the cable" and for the first time in many years won't be able to catch even part of the marathon today. But I'll read the thread to check the comments from those that are watching.

by Anonymousreply 50July 4, 2015 2:36 PM

R50, Netflix streams the entire series (including the two "lost" episodes.). So you can follow along or make your own marathon.

Congrats on cutting the cable. Welcome to a brave new world.

by Anonymousreply 51July 4, 2015 3:24 PM

Regarding that unusual looking but still quite striking nurse shown above, the actress is Arlene Martel who died only last year.. Most might be more familiar with her as sorta-Mrs Spock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 4, 2015 3:41 PM

Five Characters in Search of an Exit is on. Love that one. Does anyone else think the bagpiper is cute?

by Anonymousreply 53July 4, 2015 6:43 PM

Not a lot of chatter during this marathon. I wonder if we lost many of the regular posters when the site upgraded to the new format.

by Anonymousreply 54July 4, 2015 11:20 PM

[quote] when the site upgraded

Haha! "upgraded" Tehe.

by Anonymousreply 55July 4, 2015 11:23 PM

This year SyFy is showing all 156 original episodes. The marathon will run through Monday morning. It started today. See schedule link below. SyFy's avowed goal is to serve man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 31, 2015 12:44 AM

Thanks for bumping!

by Anonymousreply 57December 31, 2015 1:16 AM

Thanks for sharing, R56. Now I know when "Time Enough at Last" will air!

by Anonymousreply 58December 31, 2015 1:48 AM

[quote] Now I know when "Time Enough at Last" will air!

Is the time fair for you, R58

by Anonymousreply 59December 31, 2015 1:50 AM

It's actually airing right now, they are starting early this year

by Anonymousreply 60December 31, 2015 1:57 AM

[quote] It's actually airing right now, they are starting early this year

Yes, R60. I posted that at R56.

by Anonymousreply 61December 31, 2015 1:59 AM

She's a ro-but!

by Anonymousreply 62December 31, 2015 2:26 AM

I'm a TZ junkie and I'm noticing that Syfy's done some more editing on the episodes - they've added in some scenes and taken out others (at least on my favorite episodes) - it kind of disrupts the flow of things, but I'm glad they're showing all of the episodes in order. Hulu has them all and they're uncut and sometimes MeTV airs TZ and they also show them unedited.

by Anonymousreply 63December 31, 2015 9:19 AM

R63, on what times and dates does MeTV typically show TZ?

by Anonymousreply 64December 31, 2015 9:21 AM

The Monsters are Due on Maple Street on now.

by Anonymousreply 65December 31, 2015 9:36 AM

It varies R64 - I'm not sure if they have it on schedule right now, but when they did, I think they were showing it around 11 pm (Pacific time) Monday-Friday. I loved that they didn't edit it.

by Anonymousreply 66December 31, 2015 9:37 AM

Thank you, R66.

by Anonymousreply 67December 31, 2015 9:38 AM

You're welcome R67.

by Anonymousreply 68December 31, 2015 9:40 AM

Bump for original thread.

by Anonymousreply 69December 31, 2015 4:24 PM

My favorite still remains "The Silence", which takes place in a stuffy gentleman's club. An old man, tired of hearing a younger man talking, wagers that he cannot keep completely silent for one year.

by Anonymousreply 70December 31, 2015 5:03 PM

Some cable channel called "El Rey" that I'd never heard of before is doing a marathon of the more recent TZ episodes-- the ones that Forest Whittaker hosted.

by Anonymousreply 71December 31, 2015 5:59 PM

Twilight Zone marathon currently running on SyFy Anyone? Rod Serling was a genius. I want to see the Monsters Due on Maple Street —And Bill Shatner on a plane Twilight Zone marathon currently running on SyFy

God, Ida Lupino was on one episode last night. Heaven, shear heaven.

—Anonymous

They are finally showing ALL the episodes in chronological order, including the hour long ones....Bravo, Syfy!

MY favorite still remains "The Silence", which takes place in a stuffy gentleman's club. An old man, tired of hearing a younger man talking, wagers that he cannot keep completely silent for one year.

—Anonymous

OP = Worse then Hitler and The Bewitchin' Pool

—Anonymous

I used the search first, [R3]. But please link to earlier thread if you can and I'll defer.

I do t really want to start the new year as worse than Hitler, and would probably always try to avoid doing so

—Anonymous

[R3] Oh get a life. Feed your poodle or change out of that kaftan, but leave him alone for God's sake.

by Anonymousreply 72December 31, 2015 6:12 PM

The Monster are Due on Maple Street was shown last night.

by Anonymousreply 73December 31, 2015 6:15 PM

Damn, r73, I'm sorry to have missed it. Believe it or not, the script for that episode was part of an "advanced" reading book used in a middle school class when I was a kid.

Some parents complained, but it was no big deal. In today's political climate, the administrators and probably the book's publisher would be vilified all over the media.

by Anonymousreply 74December 31, 2015 6:24 PM

R74, this time they're showing all episodes in chronological order rather than showing the most popular ones during prime time. Given that Maplr Street is one of the earlier episodes, it showed early in the marathon. There's always the July 4th weekend marathon.

by Anonymousreply 75December 31, 2015 6:28 PM

Oy, r72, please take time out to learn the "quote" function; trying to decipher your post was headache-inducing.

by Anonymousreply 76December 31, 2015 6:39 PM

R76, R72 just copied most of the posts from the "worse than Hitler" Twilight Zone thread.

by Anonymousreply 77December 31, 2015 6:42 PM

Always had a crush on Serling when I was younger. He seemed so suave and sophisticated.

by Anonymousreply 78December 31, 2015 7:02 PM

A little bit of Serling beefcake from his boot camp days. Tried to find a boxing shot but nothing turned up. I know there was a ring photo in the Twilight Zone magazine, surprised that it doesn't appear on the web.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 31, 2015 7:25 PM

There have been quite a few on so far I haven't seen. Great one just on: "The Howling Man", with John Carradine capturing and imprisoning Satan, which of course some idiot doesn't believe and sets him free. Ugly Elly May is on now.

by Anonymousreply 80December 31, 2015 7:37 PM

And without a doubt, the highlight of every TZ ep is the appearance on-set of Rod Serling in the opening segment, explaining the premise of what is to come. It never fails to make me laugh!

by Anonymousreply 81December 31, 2015 8:39 PM

Space exploration and it's affects on humans and parallel universes were frequent themes on the Twilight Zone. I love Mirror Image, Death Ship, Elegy, And When The Sky was Opened and The Parallel.

by Anonymousreply 82December 31, 2015 9:02 PM

Why does it make you laugh, R81?

by Anonymousreply 83December 31, 2015 10:09 PM

Maria makes me laugh!

by Anonymousreply 84December 31, 2015 10:10 PM

R83 because no matter what the setting or the time period, there's Rod in his suit and tie (sometimes with a cig) off to the side. It's always made me laugh. With anyone else or any other show, it would be ridiculous. They just had the one with the dept. store Santa played by Art Carney and there was Rod, standing in the snow in his overcoat. I love this part of the show, always have!

by Anonymousreply 85December 31, 2015 11:09 PM

A few years ago Maureen Dowd wrote a tribute column to TZ and Rod Serling. She describes this incident that occurred during his WWII days. He was standing on the deck of his ship in the Pacific with his arm around his friend, waiting to get their photo taken. At that exact second a plane overhead dropped a crate of ammunition onto the deck and it landed squarely on his friend, flattening him so badly he couldn't even be seen under the cargo. She also said that Serling vehemently hated TV commercials, and didn't think that TZ was all that great, wanted to be more of a serious writer, a la REQUIEM FOR A HEAVYWEIGHT.

He was a SIX PACK PER DAY SMOKER.

by Anonymousreply 86December 31, 2015 11:20 PM

Netflix still does not have season 4, right?

by Anonymousreply 87December 31, 2015 11:27 PM

What's the one that has Sean Penn's mom as the bitch wife of ... is it Gig Young? as an actor making a movie about an office worker that he thinks is real.

by Anonymousreply 88December 31, 2015 11:50 PM

R84=Flibbertigibbet

by Anonymousreply 89January 1, 2016 12:25 AM

A clown!

by Anonymousreply 90January 1, 2016 1:43 AM

DL fave Agnes Moorehead in The Invaders on now.

by Anonymousreply 91January 1, 2016 2:10 AM

The Invaders - DL fave Agnes Moorhead silently fighting off tiny aliens

by Anonymousreply 92January 1, 2016 2:11 AM

About the comments upthread on Donna Douglas' voice in Eye of the Beholder (which scared the bejesus out of me as a kid).

Many years ago I read a book called, I think, The Twilight Zone Companion, which did a run-down of each episode, cast, director, interesting bits, etc. The director of EOTB specifically wanted a tougher, more mature-sounding voice from the woman when her face is covered with the bandages. It makes the shock of seeing her young beautiful face revealed all the more shocking, as you are expecting an older, more unattractive woman.

Quite brilliant actually.

by Anonymousreply 93January 1, 2016 3:47 AM

I agree with the poster upthread that Syfy has edited the eps much more this year. And no, I don't like them.

by Anonymousreply 94January 1, 2016 4:17 AM

Totally bummed, man, that this thread has no action. It's the Twilight Zone!

by Anonymousreply 95January 1, 2016 4:26 AM

R88 - that one is called A World of Difference and stars Howard Duff as businessman sitting in his office who inexplicably finds that he is on a production set and in a world where he is a movie star. Uninterested in the newfound fame, he fights to get back to his home and family. Eileen Ryan (Sean's mom) plays his nasty wife.

by Anonymousreply 96January 1, 2016 4:53 AM

[quote] Totally bummed, man, that this thread has no action. It's the Twilight Zone!

There are far fewer people on DL than there were last year.

by Anonymousreply 97January 1, 2016 7:47 AM

Burgess Meredith and Fritz Weaver in The Obsolete Man. Burgess, a librarian, is condemned to death because he is a librarian and intellectual and therefore "obsolete". W

On Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Weaver portrays a Cardassian in courtroom settings that arevery similar to those The Obsolete Man. In this instance, the lawyer played by Weaver is proud to have lost all his cases because the Cardassian court system always wins.

by Anonymousreply 98January 1, 2016 9:14 AM

9:00 a.m. Eastern: Dl fave "It's a Good Life" is next. It's a DL fave because it's a DLers dream. A petulant boy controls an entire town through magic powers which he uses to make others suffer. All live in fear of him.

by Anonymousreply 99January 1, 2016 12:53 PM

10:00 Eastern: The Midnight Sun - The world is getting hotter for a young and old lady, or is it?

by Anonymousreply 100January 1, 2016 1:42 PM

Noon Eastern: The classic "Five Characters In Search Of An Exit" is next. I wonder what the cast and crew thought of it once it was in the can?

by Anonymousreply 101January 1, 2016 4:01 PM

R99, that sounds like the Bush presidency.

by Anonymousreply 102January 1, 2016 4:50 PM

r101, the ballerina in that ep is played by Susan Harrison, mom of Darva Conger from "Who Wants To Marry a Multi-Millionaire"

by Anonymousreply 103January 1, 2016 6:50 PM

[quote]There are far fewer people on DL than there were last year.

Maybe, but speaking for myself, I'm done with the SciFy marathons. Too many commercials and too many edits. Every episode is on Netflix, so why bother?

by Anonymousreply 104January 1, 2016 7:22 PM

DL get ready! At 5:00 p.m. Eastern is DL fave "To Serve Man".

IT'S A COOKBOOK!

by Anonymousreply 105January 1, 2016 7:56 PM

Fudge. Comcast is having a problem and up I can't get the channel here.

by Anonymousreply 106January 1, 2016 8:33 PM

I serve man surrounded by green duchesse potato couronnes, with a small fleur-de-lis of puce Armagnac butter atop each serving.

There is no other way!

by Anonymousreply 107January 1, 2016 9:30 PM

Person or Persons Unknown was good - never saw that one before

by Anonymousreply 108January 1, 2016 11:58 PM

Do you use Red Dragon Cheddar, r107?

by Anonymousreply 109January 2, 2016 2:06 AM

Did they show the episode with the two kids from a bad home life, who jump into their pool and magically surface in a swimming hole where they meet a nice grandparenty couple and their cottage? I though that episode was creepy.

Comcast isn't showing that channel for some reason today.

by Anonymousreply 110January 2, 2016 2:15 AM

[quote] Did they show the episode with the two kids from a bad home life, who jump into their pool and magically surface in a swimming hole where they meet a nice grandparenty couple and their cottage? I though that episode was creepy.

That episode, The Bewitchin' Pool, was the last episode of The Twilight Zone. As they're showing all episodes chronologically this year, it will be the last one shown in the marathon. I think it's the worst episode ever. I loath it with the strength of a thousand Midnight Suns. I loath the child actors and the folksy old woman with that awful Southern accent. I spit on this episode.

by Anonymousreply 111January 2, 2016 2:20 AM

Haha, R111, thanks, I only saw it once. I might have been the children's age at the time.

by Anonymousreply 112January 2, 2016 2:24 AM

Recurring themes on The Twilight Zone:

- invaders, whether aliens or others, who upset normality

- returning to childhood to escape modernity

- leaving the comforts of normality to a place that is slightly off

- fear of death and what happens after death

- unchanging human nature

- being pursued by something or someone not understood

Many episodes can be classified into one or more of those categories. What are some others?

by Anonymousreply 113January 2, 2016 5:39 PM

So the hour-long episodes came before the end of the run? Interesting. So they changed it to an hour-long show and then changed it back to a half-hour.

I always figured those hour-long eps were probably some last-ditch effort to bring in more viewers before the show got canceled. Apparently that was not the case.

by Anonymousreply 114January 2, 2016 6:04 PM

I just checked ahead and damn, Syfy really went all out this time. Every single TZ episode just like they said. The only downside is the (over)editing, of course.

Oh, and for anyone wondering, "The Masks" will be on at 6 a.m. EST tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 115January 2, 2016 6:44 PM

One of my favorites is on now, "On Thursday We Leave for Home," co-starring James Broderick, father of DL fave Matt Broderick.

by Anonymousreply 116January 2, 2016 7:06 PM

I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to show "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge," which was broadcast as a TZ episode, but in reality was a short film from France.

by Anonymousreply 117January 2, 2016 7:14 PM

[quote] One of my favorites is on now, "On Thursday We Leave for Home," co-starring James Broderick, father of DL fave Matt Broderick.

While you are indeed correct that James Broderick is the father of Matthew Broderick, the star of "On Thursday We Leave for Home" is James Whitmore who was known in later life as the Miracle-Gro spokesman. An avid liberal, late in life he was a vocal supporter of Barack Obama. He is father of the actor and director James Whitmore, Jr.

by Anonymousreply 118January 2, 2016 7:17 PM

R117, the "Owl Creek Bridge" episode is slated to air at 4:30 a.m. EST tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 119January 2, 2016 7:21 PM

R118, I actually did remember that James Whitmore was the star of the episode, which is why I said "co-starring James Broderick," not starring. And Whitmore was magnificent in it.

By the way, as many times as I've seen it, I'd never noticed until today that you can see, in full view of the camera, a microphone being held close to the actors in one scene near the beginning of the episode. It's on the end of a long steel rod and is moved around a bit before being pulled away.

by Anonymousreply 120January 2, 2016 7:26 PM

Owl Creek is very creepy.

by Anonymousreply 121January 2, 2016 9:23 PM

Thanks for the clarification, R120.

by Anonymousreply 122January 2, 2016 9:43 PM

r23, TZ is available on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 123January 2, 2016 10:39 PM

Coming up at 7:00 p.m. "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" with William Shatner and a gremlin on the wing of a plane.

by Anonymousreply 124January 2, 2016 10:56 PM

Seems as though the TZ episodes on Hulu will expire on Monday. I'm going to watch my favorites uncut before they take it off.

by Anonymousreply 125January 2, 2016 11:22 PM

[quote] I'm going to watch my favorites uncut before they take it off.

Why does every thread on DL have to devolve to the cut vs. uncut debate?

by Anonymousreply 126January 2, 2016 11:23 PM

DL fave "Living Doll" aka Talking Tina is on.

by Anonymousreply 127January 3, 2016 12:33 AM

Aged DLer "Uncle Simon" who continues to make life hell for his niece after he dies is on next.

by Anonymousreply 128January 3, 2016 1:21 AM

You have all the grace and femininity of a high-button shoe!

by Anonymousreply 129January 3, 2016 1:33 AM

Another of my favorites is on now, "Ring-A-Ding Girl."

by Anonymousreply 130January 3, 2016 4:18 AM

You gotta love that they actually made "8 Characters in Search of an Exit" action figures...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131January 3, 2016 5:34 AM

R131, thanks for that. I love it. They got the queeny clown right but didn't capture the ballerina at all

by Anonymousreply 132January 3, 2016 5:36 AM

Make that % Characters...

How *do* we feel about the merchandising of The Twilight Zone? I've never bought any of it but it looks like respectful and sweetly kitschy fun. But I can see someone thinking it was a crass ruination. I can't believe anybody is making a mint off of these, seems more like a labor of love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133January 3, 2016 5:51 AM

Where's the doll modelled after DL fave Agnes Moorhead?

by Anonymousreply 134January 3, 2016 5:55 AM

Which was the gayest episode? I vote for "The Masks".

--- "Frankly, Grandfather, I think this whole thing is a bore."

by Anonymousreply 135January 3, 2016 7:47 AM

"From Agnes, With Love" must have inspired Spike Jonez to write "Her."

by Anonymousreply 136January 3, 2016 7:50 AM

Well, the last episode is on now -- "The Bewitchin' Pool." Congrats to Syfy on a job well-done (edits notwithstanding).

by Anonymousreply 137January 3, 2016 3:50 PM

I may have been hallucinating, but weren't there some episodes in "living color" somewhere along the run?

Or maybe I just changed channels in my sleep and came across some creepy movie on another channel

by Anonymousreply 138January 3, 2016 6:04 PM

[quote] Well, the last episode is on now -- "The Bewitchin' Pool." Congrats to Syfy on a job well-done (edits notwithstanding).

I love the marathon. I hope they do all episodes some other time, but this time in a more random order.

PS: I still spit on "The Bewitchin' Pool".

by Anonymousreply 139January 3, 2016 6:10 PM

All the TtZ episodes were in b%w R138, and I don't believe any were ever colorised. Sometimes people get Night Gallery crossed over as Twilight Zones in their minds...

by Anonymousreply 140January 3, 2016 6:27 PM

R135 Since it featured Alan Sues, how could it NOT be?

by Anonymousreply 141January 3, 2016 6:27 PM

"Owl Creek Bridge" was shown late last night, with a special intro from Rod stating it had "won the 1962 Cannes Film Festival" and was one of the most distinguished entries in TZ history. I have always loved this perfect little piece of film making: its look, its soundtrack, all very avant garde for its time.

Unfortunately the pleasure of watching it was marred by the jarring cuts to commercials for Credit Karma.com and Tostitos. Rod Serling would have wept. It was followed by DL fave "Queen of the Nile."

by Anonymousreply 142January 3, 2016 6:32 PM

Some other recurring themes (some kind of overlap R113's entries): --Nothing is what it seems: the department store mannequins, the friendly bartender who's really a Martian, innocent little Billy Mumy, the "six characters"; mirror images, and of course, the famous "Eye of the Beholder" --Nostalgia for a gentler bygone era: the Willoughby episodes, Robert Duvall peering into the Victorian dollhouse --Fear of technology, machines turning on man, unknown invasion, and obviously, nuclear war: the Martian episodes, the bomb shelters, even some of the comic episodes ("Get out of here, Finchley!") --The futility of war/persecution: the Holocaust episodes, the Civil War episodes --Aversion to totalitarianism: "He's Alive", the Hitler episode with Dennis Hopper as a neo Nazi; --The nature of beauty/love: "Number 12 Looks Just Like You", "Queen of the Nile", the old couple who want to be rejuvenated...and again, "Eye of the Beholder", along with the notion that conformity is bad --Championing of the meek/"the little guy": Burgess Meredith, Dick York, Ed Wynn, Art Carney... --Loneliness/isolation: Earl Holliman, "Where Is Everybody?"; Charles Bronson and Elizabeth Montgomery; James Whitmore left stranded, "The Hitchhiker" with Inger Stevens --A split second twist of fate that either saves or destroys someone: "Ring a Ding Girl", "Room for One More"...

Rod Serling was a FUCKING GENIUS.

by Anonymousreply 143January 3, 2016 7:01 PM

They did partially colorize the Robert Duvall episode "Miniature" in the eighties.

by Anonymousreply 144January 3, 2016 7:09 PM

Nice job, R143!

My personal favorites are ones I choose not to watch every time, because they make me feel so, so sad. Among them are my #1 favorite, "And When the Sky Was Opened." Poor, sweet Charles Aidman gets me in the gut every time. Each time I watch, I see something new in it. "The Hunt" is another I watch only every 2-3 marathons. Jeannette Nolan and Arthur Hunnicutt are just perfect, as is the old man's relationship with his dog and his unwillingness to part from it even in the afterlife.

I had never seen the George Takei episode before this morning. It was a bit clunky, but Takei and Neville Brand (in the first sympathetic role I've EVER seen him play) rose above the material, imo, conveying a sense of loss and aloneness that made the ending seem like the only natural conclusion.

Missed the Elizabeth Montgomery /Charles Bronson ep, which I regret. Love that one, too.

by Anonymousreply 145January 3, 2016 8:29 PM

It must be nice to watch this show through the cataracts of nostalgia. Very few of them stand up to contemporary standards, even taking into consideration the primitive effects and naive, heavy-handed moralizing. Most of the episodes can be viewed now solely as camp or quaint artifacts.

by Anonymousreply 146January 3, 2016 8:59 PM

I disagree. Given that the series ran from 1959-1964, I think its production values were pretty good. Yes, obviously some of the episodes and effects appear amateurish today, however most of TWILIGHT ZONE's episodes had a distinctive "look", with very effective use of lighting and black and white. Many of the outdoor episodes are actually filmed OUTDOORS, and a lot of the sets are very well done: "Where Is Everybody?", "The Silence" , "After Hours", "The Invaders" and "Nothing in the Dark" all look great.

And even some of the ones that are obviously filmed on soundstages, like "On Thursday We Leave for Home" have such compelling stories that you're willing to overlook the amateurish elements. And yes, I would put Shatner's "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" in this category!

by Anonymousreply 147January 4, 2016 12:48 AM

Totally agree with you, R147.

by Anonymousreply 148January 4, 2016 12:55 AM

[quote]Which was the gayest episode? I vote for "The Masks".

My vote is for "Number 12 Looks Just Like You".

It could have been set in San Francisco in the eighties.

by Anonymousreply 149January 4, 2016 1:12 AM

The ones that were done on videotape to save money are the cheapest-looking episodes.

by Anonymousreply 150January 4, 2016 2:31 AM

True, R150. I rarely watch those.

by Anonymousreply 151January 4, 2016 2:39 AM

I like "The Lonely" and it's gorgeous score by Bernard Herrmann.

by Anonymousreply 152January 4, 2016 5:13 AM

The guy in "The Silence" that voluntarily has his vocal chords severed to win the bet that he couldn't shut his trap for a full year = gay dude.

by Anonymousreply 153January 4, 2016 5:26 AM

Richard Hayden in the "Get out of here, Finchley" episode was gay and his character was definitely closeted gay.

by Anonymousreply 154January 4, 2016 6:58 AM

Actually, R153, that was Franchot Tone, whose 4th wife was none other than DL fave Joan Crawford! This guy had a very interesting life...check out his imdb bio. He helped establish the Best Supporting Actor/Actress awards, among other things.

Now Richard Haydn....gay as an Ungaro spring frock!

by Anonymousreply 155January 4, 2016 8:01 PM

Wasn't Franchot Tone gifted with a large, long, thick cock? How else would Joan marry him?

by Anonymousreply 156January 4, 2016 10:28 PM

He may well have been responsible for one of her many abortions, R156. He came from a wealthy family, very much like Monty, the character he played in MILDRED PIERCE.

by Anonymousreply 157January 4, 2016 10:55 PM

[quote] He came from a wealthy family, very much like Monty, the character he played in MILDRED PIERCE.

Turn in your gay card AT ONCE!

by Anonymousreply 158January 4, 2016 11:19 PM

Oops, sorry...well, he WAS married to Crawford!

by Anonymousreply 159January 5, 2016 12:48 AM

[quote] whose 4th wife was none other than DL fave Joan Crawford!

That's DL ICON Joan Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 160January 5, 2016 12:52 AM

It's a cookbook! Bump

by Anonymousreply 161December 31, 2016 1:47 PM

"The Obsolete Man" is on now.

by Anonymousreply 162December 31, 2016 9:09 PM

One of the best ones is coming up next..."An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge."

by Anonymousreply 163December 31, 2016 9:14 PM

I saw that in high school english class for the first time. Love it. Also love "Night of the Meek", but I watch that every Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 164December 31, 2016 9:15 PM

Owl Creek Bridge is a unique episode because there is absolutely no dialogue. And that kind of spooky song, "A Livin' Man."

I wish Rod Serling had lived longer. He was a fucking genius.

by Anonymousreply 165December 31, 2016 9:15 PM

There's a special intro by Serling that introduces this episode. This was not Serling's work - it was a French film that won an award at the 1962 Cannes Film Festival, as well as an Oscar for best short film in 1963.

by Anonymousreply 166December 31, 2016 9:20 PM

I've actually have never seen this one -- An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.

by Anonymousreply 167December 31, 2016 9:42 PM

I own the series but syoll (?) watch the marathon. It's beeing airing every New Years Eve seemingly foeever.

by Anonymousreply 168December 31, 2016 9:44 PM

Excuse my typos, lol.

by Anonymousreply 169December 31, 2016 9:53 PM

Twilight Zone is also shown on MeTV in uncut form and in order (except for the one-hour episodes) Monday through Friday. It's also available on Amazon Prime. In the past, SyFy has cut episodes, so I no longer watch the marathon.

by Anonymousreply 170December 31, 2016 9:53 PM

And, there is a mystery about the disappearance of the writer of "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" -- Ambrose Bierce (which is totally up DL's alley!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171December 31, 2016 9:54 PM

"Night Call" with 3-time Academy Award nominated actress Gladys Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 172December 31, 2016 10:06 PM

Bump in the night.

by Anonymousreply 173December 31, 2016 11:12 PM

Is anyone drinking a cup of instant smile?

by Anonymousreply 174January 1, 2017 12:23 AM

Inger Stevens coming up shortly in The Hitchhiker followed by Anne Francis in the department store.

by Anonymousreply 175January 1, 2017 12:33 AM

DL fave Earl Holliman on now in Where is Everybody?

by Anonymousreply 176January 1, 2017 12:34 AM

Gotta love GAY Earl Holliman. And a Rock Hudson movie is playing at the abandoned theater. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 177January 1, 2017 1:22 AM

Welcome to The Twlight Zone 2017

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 1, 2017 1:23 AM

The new thread I started was merged with this one from a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 179January 1, 2017 1:41 AM

It was.

by Anonymousreply 180January 1, 2017 1:46 AM

[R165]

He stole the idea from a book. He should do something original.

by Anonymousreply 181January 1, 2017 1:53 AM

[quote]I've actually have never seen this one -- An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.

Great episode; the story's been ripped off several times since.

by Anonymousreply 182January 1, 2017 2:03 AM

Anne Francis is a mannequin!

by Anonymousreply 183January 1, 2017 2:08 AM

[quote] Anne Francis is a mannequin!

And a beautiful one indeed.

by Anonymousreply 184January 1, 2017 2:12 AM

Sweet.

by Anonymousreply 185January 1, 2017 2:45 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 186January 1, 2017 3:14 AM

I like Elizabeth's Allen's reply when Anne asks her if she hears a waltz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187January 1, 2017 3:30 AM

I've seen all of them, but somehow I don't want to revisit them like I do Leave It To Beaver. Not even The Jack Benny Show marathon is interesting to me right now. But I am excited 77 Sunset Strip is coming!!

by Anonymousreply 188January 1, 2017 3:31 AM

What was it?

by Anonymousreply 189January 1, 2017 3:31 AM

Ha ha. This one contains one of my favorite scenes. A guy fills an entire wall with advanced mathematical calculation and physics equations and then says, "Well....I'm no expert...."

by Anonymousreply 190January 1, 2017 3:35 AM

Are they showing Stopover In A Quiet Town? That's my favorite along with the Anne Francis one.

by Anonymousreply 191January 1, 2017 3:39 AM

r50, if you have a Roku, you can purchase Sling TV, which has SyFy, AMC, BBCA, A &E, TNT, IFC, Viceland, Bravo, Comedy Central, Food Network, Travel, Viceland, some local news channels, and a rift of International news channels LIVE. it's anywhere from $20-$35/mo. The most expensive package includes sports channels.

by Anonymousreply 192January 1, 2017 3:40 AM

Bimp

by Anonymousreply 193January 1, 2017 4:38 AM

[R189] - What was....what? If you mean what was Elizabeth Allen's reply....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194January 1, 2017 4:47 AM

Thank you, R194.

by Anonymousreply 195January 1, 2017 4:50 AM

Very few of the episodes hold up to contemporary sophistication. So many have been rendered by time as camp or quaint, naive artifacts. So many of the "twists' make M. Night Shyamalan's twists look clever.

by Anonymousreply 196January 1, 2017 2:12 PM

Oh puhleeze R196. Do you think this year's crop of T.V. fare will hold up to the sophistication of 2066? Perspective, sweetie, perspective. Anyhoo, have they shown the Carol Burnett one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197January 1, 2017 2:13 PM

Tonight the fans get to vote on which episodes are played

by Anonymousreply 198January 1, 2017 2:47 PM

I look forward to this marathon. " The After Hours" is one of my favorites too.

by Anonymousreply 199January 1, 2017 5:11 PM

Mine too, R199.

by Anonymousreply 200January 1, 2017 5:28 PM

I still come across ones I've never seen.

Some of them don't make any sense. A guy goes up into space, he's in suspended animation for 40 years. He asked a woman to put herself in suspended animation for 40 years, so she does. When he comes back he is old because of some snafu. He tells the woman, who is still young, that he frees her. She leaves.

Ok.

So....?

by Anonymousreply 201January 1, 2017 6:33 PM

It has to do with the effect of time travel. Relative to the time on the location departed little time has passed for the traveler while a lot of time has passed for the person at the departure point. What he did was a kind act.

by Anonymousreply 202January 1, 2017 7:33 PM

I just saw the Dachau one -- it's very, very powerful. It must have been much more so just 15 years after WWII ended. Hard to believe for those of us who grew up in the 60s that WWII was so recent, as our parents didn't talk about it much, nor were there many references to it in the culture -- it was as if everyone wanted to forget what an extraordinarily evil moment in time it was.

by Anonymousreply 203January 1, 2017 7:38 PM

It's a Good Life should star Trump

by Anonymousreply 204January 1, 2017 7:40 PM

[quote] nor were there many references to it in the culture

Hogan's Heroes!

by Anonymousreply 205January 1, 2017 7:42 PM

Precisely, R204.

by Anonymousreply 206January 1, 2017 7:43 PM

I've seen "Two" many times, but I didn't realize (until today) that Samantha Stephens played the female soldier.

by Anonymousreply 207January 1, 2017 7:54 PM

Yes, R207. She killed Charles Bronson's character with a twitch of her nose.

by Anonymousreply 208January 1, 2017 7:56 PM

There were lots of actors on the show who went on to be stars, but I like seeing the old character actors -- Jack Elam, Dabs Greer, Hayden Rourke, Strother Martin.

by Anonymousreply 209January 1, 2017 8:15 PM

DL fave "The Bewitchin' Pool" on now.

by Anonymousreply 210January 1, 2017 11:03 PM

Ugh, R210. That is the worst Twilight Zone episode and is decidedly not a Dal favorite. Every person in that episode, including the two brats, would have been a Trump voter. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 211January 1, 2017 11:07 PM

Why did they dub the girl? It's distracting.

by Anonymousreply 212January 1, 2017 11:09 PM

All the Twilight Zone episodes are on Hulu. Doesn't anyone have Hulu anymore?

by Anonymousreply 213January 1, 2017 11:33 PM

Kinda shocked "Maple Street" beat "Good Life" for the viewers' choice.

by Anonymousreply 214January 2, 2017 12:02 AM

I think the cast had to redub some of their parts, but the young girl was unable to redub her parts (I don't remember why) so they had some adult woman do it instead.

by Anonymousreply 215January 2, 2017 12:47 AM

Sport, the young girl in The Bewitchin' Pool, was played by Mary Badham - Scout in To Kill A Mockingbird. (Hence the similarity of her characters' names, no doubt.) It wasn't discovered until after she'd flown home from LA to whatever gawdforsaken southern state she lived in that the sound quality of the outdoor scenes was terrible and they needed to be rerecorded. They weren't willing to fly Mary back to LA for that, and hired June Foray of all people (AKA the voice of Rocky the Squirrel and lots of other cartoon characters) to dub Mary's outdoor dialogue. It's very jarring to hear her voice change back and forth during the episode - especially if you grew up watching Rocky cartoons, as I did. Another bit of trivia - Sport's brother Jeb was played by Jeffrey Byron - son of Anna Lee, who also appeared in several soap operas.

by Anonymousreply 216January 2, 2017 1:23 AM

[quote] All the Twilight Zone episodes are on Hulu. Doesn't anyone have Hulu anymore?

People just like the format of the marathon even if the episodes are readily available elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 217January 2, 2017 2:24 AM

[quote] son of Anna Lee, who also appeared in several soap operas.

DOOL?

by Anonymousreply 218January 2, 2017 2:25 AM

What I always found interesting about "The Invaders" is how the episode basically asked you to switch your sympathies at the end -- the invaders spend the entire episode attacking this old woman, then we find out they're U.S. Air Force from the planet earth because we hear them radioing frantically for help after she successfully defends herself against them. But truth be told, could it not be argued that they got exactly what they deserved? It's not as if they ever tried to communicate with her -- i.e., identify themselves and let her know that they come in peace. I'm sure she wouldn't have understood anyway, but it would at least have been the appropriate thing to do considering that they landed on her roof.

By the way, never understood the meaning of the huge warts that appear on her arms and upper body.

by Anonymousreply 219January 2, 2017 2:44 AM

By the way, never understood the meaning of the huge warts that appear on her arms and upper body.

That was from the ray guns the astronauts were shooting at her.

R218 According to IMDb, she was only on General Hospital and Port Charles

by Anonymousreply 220January 2, 2017 2:56 AM

"You're caricatures! All of you! Without your masks, you're caricatures!"

by Anonymousreply 221January 2, 2017 2:57 AM

[quote] According to IMDb, she was only on General Hospital and Port Charles

Thanks.

Ah, DOOL. :(

by Anonymousreply 222January 2, 2017 2:57 AM

Young Robert Redford was young.

by Anonymousreply 223January 2, 2017 3:48 AM

Young Robert Redford was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 224January 2, 2017 5:15 AM

The Twilight Zone is an amazing program -- many of the episodes don't just hold up, they are still excellent, but most of all, today, The Old Man in the Cave is extraordinary, showing what happens when you listen to an ill-informed republican (James Coburn) instead of relying on the wisdom of someone who understands the entire picture (i.e. a democrat) -- it's a morality tale that applies terrifyingly well to today's political scene.

by Anonymousreply 225January 2, 2017 12:11 PM

Very apt analogy, R225. Thank you for that.

by Anonymousreply 226January 2, 2017 12:15 PM

It's a pity that such a great series ended with the awful and depressing Bewitchin' Pool.

by Anonymousreply 227January 2, 2017 12:30 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 228January 2, 2017 7:29 PM

Agreed, r227. I can't say that the "Bewitchin' Pool" is one of my favorites (maybe favorite to mock). It just seems so thrown together at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 229January 2, 2017 9:02 PM

The Bewitchin' Pool is an abomination unto the God Serling. Sad that it was the final episode of The Twilight Zone.

by Anonymousreply 230January 2, 2017 9:14 PM

Third from the Sun is coming up. The world is dying from heat from a closer sun...or is it?

by Anonymousreply 231January 2, 2017 9:51 PM

R191, I replied (if that was you?) to this question on the other thread, which dates from Jan 2016; sorry - it's what I found first in a search. ANyway, I think "Stopover..." - which I LOVE! - is on at 9:00 or 9:30 PM (EST) tonight.

by Anonymousreply 232January 2, 2017 10:09 PM

Here comes it's a Good Life

by Anonymousreply 233January 3, 2017 12:01 AM

Ah the episode that inspired almost all of my books.

Telepathy, mind reading, cornfields, murdered pets, snow, child monsters, impotent adults, clowns ...

by Anonymousreply 234January 3, 2017 12:05 AM

[R231] - Is it hot in here or is it just me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235January 3, 2017 12:09 AM

^ oops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236January 3, 2017 12:11 AM

[quote]I can't say that the "Bewitchin' Pool" is one of my favorites (maybe favorite to mock).

This is actually what I meant when I called the episode a "DL fave" -- every time it comes on during one of these marathons, people love to mock it because of how bad it is. I didn't mean to imply they like it.

by Anonymousreply 237January 3, 2017 12:27 AM

R191, R232 here: I was WRONG! SO sorry. I got "Stopover..." mixed up with "Walking Distance" ; it's "Walking Distance" that's going to be on tonight, 9:00 or 9:30 PM EST. Aaaaaaaaaccckk..

by Anonymousreply 238January 3, 2017 12:28 AM

Bewitchin' Pool is the Ishtar of the Twilight Zone

by Anonymousreply 239January 3, 2017 12:52 AM

Poor Janet Tyler -- not only is she considered hideous on her world, they send her off to live with a hot guy who is so obviously gay, so she's still not gonna get any.

by Anonymousreply 240January 3, 2017 12:58 AM

Talky Tina!

by Anonymousreply 241January 3, 2017 1:03 AM

They're showing all the episodes tonight that came in second on the viewers' choice poll last night.

by Anonymousreply 242January 3, 2017 1:03 AM

I realize I'm in the minority on this but I hated "The Good Life." Even though many TZ episodes did not have happy endings, to have such a vile character as little Anthony just torment people for 30 minutes with no comeuppance whatsoever, I just don't get what the payoff for the viewer is supposed to be. Perhaps if it had ended with some other character coming out of nowhere with the same power who could've put Anthony in check, it would have been better.

The only thing worse was the follow-up episode from the 1980s reboot TZ series, which was about Anthony as an adult (again played by Billy Mumy) and now with a daughter who, it turned out -- despite everyone's hopes -- was going to be as bad as he was. A complete waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 243January 3, 2017 1:16 AM

Last night was my first time seeing the "Person or Persons Unknown" episode. I thought I had seen them all, but I guess I haven't.

by Anonymousreply 244January 3, 2017 1:24 AM

They showed one of my favorites today, "Ring-A-Ding Girl."

by Anonymousreply 245January 3, 2017 1:30 AM

Shouldn't the dramatic twist of "Bewitchin' Pool" have been that Aunt T is actually a witch and Sport and her brother are Hansel and Gretel?

by Anonymousreply 246January 3, 2017 1:43 AM

"People Are Alike All Over" is on now featuring Roddy McDowall and the beautiful Paul Comi.

by Anonymousreply 247January 3, 2017 3:34 AM

Yes, r 246, I was waiting for Auntie Whatsherbutt to start stoking the fire and licking her chops. It would have redeemed the episode.

by Anonymousreply 248January 3, 2017 3:55 AM

One of the things I miss since 'cutting the cord' is joining in on one of the TZ marathons. This must be a long one if it's still running today. At least I can read along on the thread and get an idea of which they are showing.

by Anonymousreply 249January 3, 2017 4:33 AM

Cutting the chord, R249?

by Anonymousreply 250January 3, 2017 7:23 AM

[[quote] A complete waste of time.

Life isn't fair so perhaps it's more believable that way.

by Anonymousreply 251January 3, 2017 3:50 PM

I never saw Ring a Ring Girl before. It's sad that the lead actress had to drop out of show business due to mental health problems and later killed herself. I wonder if she was anorexic, like the nurse in Twenty Two

by Anonymousreply 252January 3, 2017 4:30 PM

It's a Good Life is a metaphor for a dictatorship. Twilight Zone often did shows which put "the state" in a negative light. The one where Fritz Weaver is "the state." The "ugly" woman show -- the state will not let her have any more surgeries and she is banished because the dictator demands conformity.

The Cold War was white hot then and Serling believed he needed to show America how bad communism and fascism were, so it was a theme running through Twilight Zone.

by Anonymousreply 253January 3, 2017 4:31 PM

"Cutting the cord" is a term meaning cancelling cable TV service, R250.

I used to be one of the guys that watched as many hours of the TZ marathons as possible, and provided many comments on the handful of threads DL has generated. But no longer having the SyFy channel limits my ability to participate in these discussions. As other posters (who don't seem to understand) point out, it's true I can still see the episodes in a variety of ways whenever I want, but there is something fun about discussing the show here while binge watching together with others across the country.

by Anonymousreply 254January 4, 2017 5:56 AM

Completely agree, R254. You are wise.

by Anonymousreply 255January 4, 2017 6:00 AM

Yes, R254 totally gets it.

See y'all on July 4th.

by Anonymousreply 256January 5, 2017 3:05 AM

Is there an Independence Day marathon this year?

by Anonymousreply 257July 4, 2017 5:44 AM

Nada?

Bumping in case people can't find the thread.

by Anonymousreply 258July 4, 2017 3:47 PM

Viewers get to vote on which episodes air!

by Anonymousreply 259July 5, 2017 1:15 AM

New Years Eve Marathon starts tonight.

by Anonymousreply 260December 30, 2018 3:42 PM

What channel?

by Anonymousreply 261December 30, 2018 4:22 PM

Syfy Network r261. It's an annual event for them.

by Anonymousreply 262December 30, 2018 4:25 PM

It’s a cookbook!

by Anonymousreply 263December 30, 2018 4:39 PM

Thanks, R262.

by Anonymousreply 264December 30, 2018 5:04 PM

The SyFy schedule shows which episodes will air at what time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265December 30, 2018 6:44 PM

Are any of you in the zone?

by Anonymousreply 266December 31, 2018 12:49 AM

I can't wait!!

by Anonymousreply 267December 31, 2018 1:00 AM

I'm glad they're showing the Hitch Hiker, I love that one

by Anonymousreply 268December 31, 2018 2:43 AM

It's starting!

by Anonymousreply 269December 31, 2018 2:54 AM

The little boy in the episode airing now, "Static," played Beaver's friend on "Leave It to Beaver." He also grew up to become a well-respected journalist.

by Anonymousreply 270December 31, 2018 3:07 AM

R268, going my way?

by Anonymousreply 271December 31, 2018 3:47 AM

Oh, goody!!!!

by Anonymousreply 272December 31, 2018 4:35 AM

Next is The Obsolete Man.

You are obsolete!

Obsolete!

Obsolete!

Obsolete!

by Anonymousreply 273December 31, 2018 4:41 AM

Prime Mover is not a favorite of mine.

by Anonymousreply 274December 31, 2018 7:13 AM

"Long Distance Call" episode is now airing.

by Anonymousreply 275December 31, 2018 7:21 AM

Nothing in the Dark with Robert Redford is so good.

by Anonymousreply 276December 31, 2018 4:46 PM

One More Pallbearer... another one with a great twist

by Anonymousreply 277December 31, 2018 5:17 PM

I never liked the live episodes. They look so different from the other episodes.

by Anonymousreply 278December 31, 2018 5:55 PM

The Hunt - sad story, good dog

by Anonymousreply 279December 31, 2018 6:20 PM

Great allegory.

by Anonymousreply 280December 31, 2018 6:23 PM

"Four O'Clock," one of my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 281December 31, 2018 8:01 PM

"Where Is Everybody" with Earl Holliman. First episode of the series.

by Anonymousreply 282December 31, 2018 10:02 PM

It’s a Good Life

You’re a bad man!

by Anonymousreply 283December 31, 2018 11:07 PM

Bill Mumy was unquestionably the best child actor of his day.

by Anonymousreply 284December 31, 2018 11:43 PM

Fuck you, R284.

by Anonymousreply 285December 31, 2018 11:57 PM

R285: Is there time?

by Anonymousreply 286January 1, 2019 12:02 AM

R243 they sort of did what you suggest in the 1983 feature version.

by Anonymousreply 287January 1, 2019 12:09 AM

Person or Persons Unknown with Richard Long was really good

by Anonymousreply 288January 1, 2019 12:16 AM

Hocus Pocus & Frisby makes me think of the current US President

by Anonymousreply 289January 1, 2019 12:31 AM

Poltergeist totally ripped off Little Girl Lost.

by Anonymousreply 290January 1, 2019 12:41 AM

Quite apt, R289, except that the guy in that episode really wasn’t malevolent.

by Anonymousreply 291January 1, 2019 12:54 AM

Love when I take the bus down Fairfax and there's a "next stop Willoughby".

by Anonymousreply 292January 1, 2019 12:58 AM

Tehe, R292. Does anyone ever comment or laugh at that?

by Anonymousreply 293January 1, 2019 1:08 AM

Earl Holliman is kind of cute in Where Is Everybody.

by Anonymousreply 294January 1, 2019 1:11 AM

Is that one on, R294?

by Anonymousreply 295January 1, 2019 1:17 AM

R295, it aired here on the east coast a few hours ago. Perhaps it's on now on the west coast?

by Anonymousreply 296January 1, 2019 1:17 AM

I’m east coast. I actually thought you were west coast.

by Anonymousreply 297January 1, 2019 1:19 AM

Yeah, sorry r295, I'm in California watching Where Is Everybody.

by Anonymousreply 298January 1, 2019 1:24 AM

I've never noticed anyone else reacting to it, r293, but I can't be the only one who finds it amusing.

by Anonymousreply 299January 1, 2019 1:26 AM

Room for one more, Honey.

Room 22 is one of my favorite episodes. Glad they are showing it during early evening. Seems like it usually gets an overnight timeslot during these marathons.

by Anonymousreply 300January 1, 2019 1:42 AM

Willoughby is one of my favorite episodes.

by Anonymousreply 301January 1, 2019 1:43 AM

[quote] I've never noticed anyone else reacting to it, R293, but I can't be the only one who finds it amusing.

Perhaps you are. You’re just lost in your own dreamworld lying dead by the side of the tracks.

by Anonymousreply 302January 1, 2019 1:54 AM

Miss Barbara Nichols rocks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303January 1, 2019 1:56 AM

It's A Good Life = Trump

by Anonymousreply 304January 1, 2019 1:58 AM

OMG, R304, so true!

by Anonymousreply 305January 1, 2019 2:16 AM

I was actually surprised they showed "It's a Good Life" before 8 p.m. considering it's thought of as one of TZ's many marquee episodes.

by Anonymousreply 306January 1, 2019 2:17 AM

Paul Comi, who appeared in a few TZ episodes (including the one on now as Roddy McDowall's co-pilot), was so fucking gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 307January 1, 2019 2:19 AM

Marcelo thinks so as well, r307.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308January 1, 2019 2:21 AM

Nice, R308!

by Anonymousreply 309January 1, 2019 2:38 AM

The Bewitchin' Pool Is the worst TZ episode. It’s so incongruous.

by Anonymousreply 310January 1, 2019 2:38 AM

R310, it would have been THE greatest episode if it had ended with both kids floating face down in the pool at the end. Dead from parental neglect.

by Anonymousreply 311January 1, 2019 2:50 AM

I agree, R311. I like your ending better.

by Anonymousreply 312January 1, 2019 2:59 AM

I just did a quick search on Emmy Awards won by the original TZ. Looks like a few wins (and more nominations) for writing and cinematography, but nothing for acting.

Agnes Moorehead is on in The Invaders right now (West Coast) and I'm finding it hard to believe that she wasn't acknowledged for what she did without speaking a word in that episode.

by Anonymousreply 313January 1, 2019 3:09 AM

Adam Williams (the sailor in "The Hitch-Hiker") is a fine slice of beef.

by Anonymousreply 314January 1, 2019 3:22 AM

R314, are you going “his” way?

by Anonymousreply 315January 1, 2019 3:24 AM

R314, it's so funny you mentioned about Adam Williams. I was just looking at him in an old "Rifleman" episode the other day and thinking that I couldn't ever recall when he didn't play a villain. I totally forgot about his appearance in "The Hitchhiker" episode of TZ.

He was a really great character actor in his day.

by Anonymousreply 316January 1, 2019 3:25 AM

[quote]Looks like a few wins (and more nominations) for writing and cinematography, but nothing for acting.

Agree about Moorehead, plus I could think of several TZ episodes in which the acting should have been recognized with a win. Hell, just Burgess Meredith alone warranted many all by himself for his many appearances in the series.

by Anonymousreply 317January 1, 2019 3:28 AM

R315 - I wouldn't mind it driving him to the docks in San Diego.

by Anonymousreply 318January 1, 2019 3:30 AM

The Bewitching Pool is on 11:30 pm Eastern time.

The dubbed voices are hysterically bad.

by Anonymousreply 319January 1, 2019 3:33 AM

is that boy's voice dubbed in The Monsters Are Due On Maple Drive? It's playing in Pacific Zone now. Seems so deep to be his natural voice.

by Anonymousreply 320January 1, 2019 3:39 AM

[quote] Seems so deep to be his natural voice.

It was the result of a lot of cock sucking to get roles.

by Anonymousreply 321January 1, 2019 3:47 AM

Aunt Tee is a pederast.

by Anonymousreply 322January 1, 2019 3:49 AM

So was Aunt Bea.

by Anonymousreply 323January 1, 2019 3:51 AM

watching 'Young Man's Fancy' right now, have never seen this one but it looks like a mama's boy doesn't want to move out of the house he lived in with his deceased mother

by Anonymousreply 324January 1, 2019 4:42 AM

R314, is that episode subtitled “A DL Story”?

by Anonymousreply 325January 1, 2019 4:44 AM

R324, is that episode subtitled “A DL Story”?

by Anonymousreply 326January 1, 2019 4:44 AM

Yeah, big mama's boy story going on here. Never seen this one before. Presuming there will be big mama's twist.

by Anonymousreply 327January 1, 2019 4:52 AM

This next one has Carol Burnett

by Anonymousreply 328January 1, 2019 5:02 AM

Unfortunately that one is one of the ones I believe that were live and used video. The visual quality is poor.

by Anonymousreply 329January 1, 2019 5:04 AM

Back a ways (probably 3 hours ago) r307 mentions that he's watching the episode where Paul Comi is copilot to Roddy McDowall. He didn't mention the name of the episode, but now I realize he was seeing People Are Alike All Over.

But at the same time The Odyssey of Flight 33 was playing here in the Pacific Zone, and Paul Comi is copilot in that as well. So I thought that's the show r307 was talking about, and I didn't want to correct him that the pilot isn't McDowall.

Not that funny of a story, but I like that I figured it out 3 hours later.

by Anonymousreply 330January 1, 2019 5:13 AM

R330, yes, I was referring to the episode "People Are Alike All Over." Sorry for not mentioning that earlier.

Happy New Year!

by Anonymousreply 331January 1, 2019 5:15 AM

Congrats, R330. At least you calmly announced your findings rather than announce at the top of your lungs in desperation, “It’s a...cookbook!”

by Anonymousreply 332January 1, 2019 5:15 AM

When I was younger, I thought Inger Stevens was so beautiful. She used to date Burt Reynolds. Unfortunately died of a barbiturate overdose at only 36.

by Anonymousreply 333January 1, 2019 5:17 AM

Ehhh....it’s in ME TV every night, so I’ve seen all of them recently.

by Anonymousreply 334January 1, 2019 5:19 AM

This Carol Burnett episode is not that good.

by Anonymousreply 335January 1, 2019 5:20 AM

R335, perhaps because it was one of the rare TZ episodes with a comical bent as opposed to a more serious tone. I liked it but can totally understand why others might not.

by Anonymousreply 336January 1, 2019 5:23 AM

R320 Re. "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Drive" Jan Handzlik's voice is real; That's young Patrick Dennis from 'Auntie Mame'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337January 1, 2019 5:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338January 1, 2019 2:21 PM

No matter how many times I see it, I always find "The Shelter" very disturbing. It just feels a little too real at times.

by Anonymousreply 339January 1, 2019 3:25 PM

Perhaps SyFy edited it out but doesn't Rod Serling explain at the beginning of "It's a Good Life" that little Anthony had destroyed the rest of the world and that all that was left on the entire planet was their little town? I seem to recall that from past airings.

by Anonymousreply 340January 1, 2019 3:30 PM

Good morning (almost afternoon)!

An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge just started on the East Coast.

by Anonymousreply 341January 1, 2019 3:36 PM

I've never watched this episode before. Not bad.

If I'm not mistaken, Alfred Hitchcock also made this film an episode of his series, "Alfred Hitchcock Presents."

by Anonymousreply 342January 1, 2019 3:51 PM

Queen of the Nile is now on the East Coast.

Starring the handsome Lee Phillips.

by Anonymousreply 343January 1, 2019 4:15 PM

^ And Ann "Veda" Blyth

by Anonymousreply 344January 1, 2019 4:20 PM

Lee Phillips was gorgeous and a good actor who appeared in so many guest roles back in those days. He could've easily been a movie star.

Watching "I Am the Night -- Color Me Black," one of TZ's finest installments, you realize how easily it could be a metaphor for all the hate we have in the world today.

by Anonymousreply 345January 1, 2019 5:28 PM

I gotta say - this is a great marathon. 2 solid days of programming with no repeats.

Does anyone remember the early days of the SciFi (back then) marathons when they programmed a block of episodes (maybe 10 hours worth) and would rerun that same block overnight, or whenever it first ran out?

I might be wrong, but I scanned the schedule and don't see any repeats. Seems like the managed 2 full days of shows without including the hour-long episodes.

Well done, SyFy!

by Anonymousreply 346January 1, 2019 5:31 PM

Yes, R346, I can remember that and I too prefer no repeating of episodes they just showed a few hours before.

Speaking of marathons, someone upthread said they weren't interested because you can watch TZ every night on MeTV. While that's true, I still enjoy marathons (a) for the event nature of it all and (b) sometimes you will see episodes that are not in the usual rotation in everyday syndication. We've all seen the marquee episodes countless times but many others are not shown as much and can therefore be appreciated more when you see them during a marathon.

by Anonymousreply 347January 1, 2019 5:36 PM

Worst Hangover Ever.

Stopover In A Quiet Town, on now

by Anonymousreply 348January 1, 2019 6:03 PM

[quote] doesn't Rod Serling explain at the beginning of "It's a Good Life" that little Anthony had destroyed the rest of the world and that all that was left on the entire planet was their little town? I seem to recall that from past airings.

Mandela effect.

by Anonymousreply 349January 1, 2019 6:19 PM

Yonkers - Yonkers - Yonkers

by Anonymousreply 350January 1, 2019 7:32 PM

By the way, I must say while I'm enjoying the TZ marathon immensely, I'm also switching back and forth to my annual "Honeymooners" marathon on the local channel here in NYC. It wouldn't be a new year's without both.

by Anonymousreply 351January 1, 2019 7:41 PM

Come Wander with Me - now on on the EC.

With that slice of beef, Gary Crosby.

by Anonymousreply 352January 1, 2019 8:33 PM

The girl in Caesar & Me was tripping me out because she looks so familiar. But Suzanne Cupito doesn't register. So I looked her up. She changed her name to Morgan Brittany and she was on Dallas for a while as well as guest starring on a bunch of other shows.

by Anonymousreply 353January 1, 2019 9:31 PM

r353 Had no idea those were two names for the same actress, thanks for that bit of info. She is known(or perhaps should be) for playing, TWICE, DL fave Vivien Leigh, in "Gable and Lombard," and then in "The Scarlett O'Hara Wars."

by Anonymousreply 354January 1, 2019 9:46 PM

Oh for chrissakes, r354!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355January 1, 2019 10:02 PM

"A World of Difference" with the hunky Howard Duff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356January 1, 2019 10:26 PM

Love that episode, R356.

by Anonymousreply 357January 1, 2019 10:29 PM

I'd never seen it before until just now, R356. Quite good.

by Anonymousreply 358January 1, 2019 10:30 PM

So was he just a businessman (or was he a lawyer? I can't remember) who was transported to a world where he was an actor playing a part, or was he an actor who got so involved with his character that he really thought he was living his character's life?

That's the beauty of the Twilight Zone.

by Anonymousreply 359January 1, 2019 11:09 PM

Good ones coming up shortly: CHARACTERS IN SEARCH OF AN EXIT, EYE OF THE BEHOLDER and everyone's fave, TO SERVE MAN!

This was a good marathon this year because they showed a lot of rarely seen ones from the early seasons.

RIP Rod Serling, you genius.

by Anonymousreply 360January 1, 2019 11:15 PM

The Truman Show ripped off A World of Difference

by Anonymousreply 361January 2, 2019 12:17 AM

A lot of famous movies have ripped off the Twilight Zone.

by Anonymousreply 362January 2, 2019 12:26 AM

[quote] EYE OF THE BEHOLDER

Pig people!

by Anonymousreply 363January 2, 2019 12:37 AM

[quote] everyone's fave, TO SERVE MAN!

What is it?

by Anonymousreply 364January 2, 2019 4:34 AM

R364, don’t board that ship! That book ... it’s ... it’s a COOKBOOK!

by Anonymousreply 365January 2, 2019 4:54 AM

FAN DANCERS!

YONKERS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 366January 2, 2019 5:06 AM

I think I prefer the Alfred Hitchcock reruns

by Anonymousreply 367January 2, 2019 5:08 AM

Up next at 10:30 pm (PST) Jan. 1 - Marsha White (Anne Francis) goes shopping for a gold thimble.

“Was someone helping you?”

Love this episode! “The After Hours.”

by Anonymousreply 368January 2, 2019 5:08 AM

Wasn't "What's In The Box" based off an evening Serling witnessed at home between Burt Reynolds and Inger Stevens?

by Anonymousreply 369January 2, 2019 1:51 PM

Whaaaaaaaaaat’s in the boooooooox?

by Anonymousreply 370January 2, 2019 1:56 PM

Fun marathon. Thanks everyone. Hope to see you all again on Fourth of July.

by Anonymousreply 371January 2, 2019 2:27 PM

Love the bitchy shopbottom in The After Hours

by Anonymousreply 372January 2, 2019 3:34 PM

Didn’t they rather short circuit the Fourth of July marathon last year?

by Anonymousreply 373January 2, 2019 3:45 PM

I wish they’d do an TZ/Hitchcock marathon. Play alternating episodes from each show.

by Anonymousreply 374January 2, 2019 6:30 PM

Anne Francis' makeup in AFTER HOURS made her look exactly like an early Barbie doll, with the cat eye makeup. It really fit the fact that she was a mannequin.

And those SKI MASK mannequins were SCARY as FUCK!

by Anonymousreply 375January 2, 2019 8:07 PM

[quote]Love this episode! “The After Hours.”

This is why I love the marathon twice a year because certain episodes like "The After Hours" seem to get lost in the rerun cycle on MeTV. I hadn't seen it or "Four O'Clock" in a long while whereas they show others like "Nick of Time" and "It's A Good Life" fairly often. I realize some are more popular than others but it gets to be frustrating sometimes when you're a fan of some of the other, lesser-known episodes.

[quote]Fun marathon. Thanks everyone. Hope to see you all again on Fourth of July.

I seem to recall a few years ago SyFy tried skipping the 4th of July marathon and got a bit of flak for it, so they went right back to it the next year. Perhaps they learned their lesson, lol. Don't cross us TZ fans!

[quote]I wish they’d do an TZ/Hitchcock marathon. Play alternating episodes from each show.

Until it moved back to MeTV, Antenna TV would show an "Alfred Hitchcock" marathon sometimes on Halloween. Strangely enough, MeTV never does marathons, so it won't likely ever happen there.

by Anonymousreply 376January 2, 2019 11:33 PM

[quote] I seem to recall a few years ago SyFy tried skipping the 4th of July marathon and got a bit of flak for it, so they went right back to it the next year.

I believe it was July 2018, but I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 377January 2, 2019 11:37 PM

MeTV just took off the original TZ to air the 1980s remake. It's (supposedly) just for the summer and I realize the original could use a rest, but the remakes all sucked and nothing can ever take the place of the real thing, so hopefully it'll be back come the fall (plus I'll assume we have the July 4th Syfy marathon to look forward to).

by Anonymousreply 378June 3, 2019 3:58 AM

The 80s remake had some decent episodes

by Anonymousreply 379June 3, 2019 4:17 AM

My favorite is the Queen of the Nile? The one where a journalist tries to interview an actress of indeterminate age and he discovers that her 'mother' is actually her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 380June 3, 2019 4:21 AM

^ Featuring Ann "Veda" Blyth

by Anonymousreply 381June 3, 2019 4:25 AM

R381, yep. Queen of the Nile is the quintessential DL episode. She was 70 but she looked 30. 😆

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382June 3, 2019 4:36 AM

I'm not her mother. I'm her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 383June 4, 2019 7:09 AM

Can't wait until July 4th

by Anonymousreply 384June 4, 2019 5:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!