Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The curse of oak island

Are you watching this show on the History Channel?

Interesting but are they ever going to find any treasure?

by Anonymousreply 30October 18, 2019 11:29 PM

Gah! Missed it,I've been fascinated by Oak Island for year.s I'll look for it online. How was it?

by Anonymousreply 1December 14, 2014 4:26 AM

Very interesting! In its second season now---it's a weekly series so you can still watch.

Two brothers with an Oak Island obsession bought much of the land and are gathering clues and digging for treasure. The show also goes through the history of the Oak Island legend and all the people who have looked for gold there through the ages

by Anonymousreply 2December 14, 2014 4:43 AM

A series? Why didn't you say so? I'll have to check this one out, Primewire has it.

Is this a Ghost Hunters type show where they build up the whole episode and then find something so insignificant that you wonder why you watched it?

by Anonymousreply 3December 14, 2014 4:52 AM

The one guy's son is cute.

by Anonymousreply 4December 14, 2014 5:43 AM

Yes, r3. I grew up very nearby so when I do manage to watch, it's miatly to hear the accents. They're never going to find anything.

by Anonymousreply 5December 14, 2014 7:29 AM

I've always found this story very creepy

by Anonymousreply 6December 14, 2014 7:38 AM

The only curse it has is that it lures the stupid and gullible.

by Anonymousreply 7December 14, 2014 7:41 AM

If they find the treasure, what will they do for the next episode? The next season?

Of course they'll never find it, as long as they're shooting.

by Anonymousreply 8December 14, 2014 7:59 AM

im prettysure tht whenthe titty trap happened that the force of theocean water equals mass times accereration sublimed to the existence of the curse and washed away anything left of value. i dunno justmy opinion

by Anonymousreply 9December 14, 2014 10:51 AM

They're finally going to dive on the 10x site to see if there is a treasure pit at the bottom. Do you think they will find anything?

I also think that the hypothesis from the new guy involving Christopher Columbus and the Ark of the Covenant is stretching it pretty thin. *rolls eyes* I'll eat shit if I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2016 2:56 AM

Who originally built it?

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2016 3:11 AM

Probably built in olden times when the sea level was lower.

by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2016 3:41 AM

They won't find treasure because there was none to begin with. The whole thing was a natural occurrence. The problem was the records were not written correctly, so things like "Wooden planks" which would indicate a man-made structure were not actually planks to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 13January 6, 2016 12:37 PM

That is kind of hard to believe, R13. And how do you know if it was written incorrectly when it remains the only written account?

by Anonymousreply 14January 6, 2016 7:35 PM

I stopped watching after the second season. SO did they ever find any treasure?

by Anonymousreply 15January 6, 2016 8:35 PM

[quote] Of course they'll never find (treasure) as long as they're shooting.

This.

It should be a one or two hour TV show. I ant imagine what they fill the time with beyond that.

by Anonymousreply 16January 6, 2016 10:10 PM

They still haven't found anything.

by Anonymousreply 17February 3, 2016 1:33 AM

Maybe it was a well when the sea level was lower.

by Anonymousreply 18February 3, 2016 1:35 AM

I always wondered, if water is flooding into it from the outside(and apparently at some point someone put some sort of dye in the water to see where it came out in the ocean surrounding the island) -- why not just dig an equally deep trench around it so they can block off any waterways, natural or manmade, before it reaches the hole, pump out the water already in the hole and finally just see what's there.

Sure it would be expensive to dig a very deep trench that's maybe 50 yards in diameter(maybe it could be less), but considering the amount of money people have sunk into this thing over the years, I'm pretty sure it would have been cheaper in the long tun.

Maybe someone did and it didn't work but I've never heard about anyone doing that.

by Anonymousreply 19February 3, 2016 1:51 AM

Well, the gold cross from the McGinnis family is quite interesting. However, if the story that the 3 treasure chests were removed is true, then that means there is nothing left on the island.

by Anonymousreply 20February 3, 2016 1:57 AM

Can't they just scuba dive to the bottom?

by Anonymousreply 21February 3, 2016 5:04 AM

They did dive to the bottom of 10-x and found absolutely nothing.

by Anonymousreply 22February 3, 2016 7:27 AM

The Illuminati had it all removed ages ago. Then, when they sank the Titanic (that was switched with sister-ship, The Olympic), all that treasure went to the bottom of the North Atlantic to await discovery by Bill Paxton. Mystery solved.

by Anonymousreply 23February 3, 2016 7:46 AM

Remember reading about this many, many years ago. Nobody has or will find any treasure there.

Wonder how that rumor started? Seems it was built to bilk the credulous.

by Anonymousreply 24February 3, 2016 8:00 AM

If they had found anything, it would have been publicized long before now.

Just another ploy to get viewers to buy the products advertised during the program.

Can't believe they've stretched it along this far.

by Anonymousreply 25February 3, 2016 11:36 AM

R25 yeah the episodes are tapped months(?) in advance, by now we'd have seen something in the news. It's scripted TV, as most history/discovery channel shows are. Still entertaining though.

by Anonymousreply 26February 3, 2016 11:43 AM

Looks like they may have found a wooden platform and or "box" vault, but they've stopped all work because they don't want to harm it.

Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 27December 16, 2016 4:56 AM

And did they ever find anything???

by Anonymousreply 28March 3, 2019 11:20 PM

I don't think they will find anything. Thieves knew about the treasure centuries ago...those thieves took the treasure and their ancestors are probably very wealthy because of it.

by Anonymousreply 29March 3, 2019 11:42 PM

I hear rumors they’ve found a shipwreck on the island and are excavating it for season 7.

by Anonymousreply 30October 18, 2019 11:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!