Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sunday Washington Post: More and more Cosby women speak out

A lot of new accusers, including a couple of Playboy bunnies. Just about all of them say he gave them pills, or tried to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 23, 2014 11:22 PM

Phylicia Rashād is the real victim in all of this.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2014 2:28 AM

Well, if I've learned anything by that article, I know that Morgan Freeman can play Bill Cosby is the Lifetime special..

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2014 2:30 AM

Pretty darn uppity trying to force himself on po' little white girls, I think.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2014 2:57 AM

You buried the lead, OP!! This article claims that Cosby raped or attempted to rape actress Meg Foster (the original Chris Cagney in the series Cagney & Lacey). A former Playboy bunny, who was Foster's friend and roommate, reported that the two of them went to dinner with Cosby. He gave them pills, then assaulted them when they passed out. Meg Foster refused comment to the Washington Post.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2014 3:41 AM

Damn! This guys spreads faster than Ebola

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2014 3:54 AM

The fact that Dr. Cosby could not find even ONE TINY ROLE FOR ME in his cast of serial date rapings, smacks of misogyny & a lifetime of unchallenged fat-shaming. I refuse to be a victim any longer & that's why I'm speaking out now!

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2014 4:14 AM

The more people that come forward the more I doubt it happened. Really, for over 30 years & none came forward even after that woman accused him several years ago....who knows.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2014 4:22 AM

R7: you make no sense.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2014 4:29 AM

Rape Apologist @ R7, remember that half of them "were intimidated because Dr. Cosby is SO POWERFUL in Hollywood". The other half of the women did in fact go to the cops, but "each & every one of them were practically laughed out of the police station". Who cares if it all sounds far-fetched. You shut your mouth, you misogynist!

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2014 4:37 AM

When Cosby the Rapist/Abuser was active, the times were different vis-a-vis women speaking out and media interest/sympathy. Same can be said for domestic abuse. In both instances, men set the agenda. And Cosby is African-American. The media would be less likely to probe, name and shame than if he were, say, Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2014 5:11 AM

[quote]Cosby is African-American. The media would be less likely to probe, name and shame than if he were, say, Jewish.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!That Black-Owned Media always looks out for it's own. No wonder The Coloreds have such a pristine reputation. The Jews are the REAL VICTIMS here!

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2014 5:18 AM

R11 The facts speak for themselves. The media was disinterested until it could no longer be. The tone of debate is also far less viciously bigoted. Except in your case.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2014 6:14 AM

What kind of rapist gives women pills directly? Date rape involve drugging a person without their knowledge. If they willingly take a pill given to them then....

This shit is so fucked up. Does anyone else think that perhaps women are not understanding what the actual definition of rape is? I mean, if they willingly took the pill could they not have willingly consented as well?

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2014 6:22 AM

If it took until he was 77 for all of this to come out even though it had been going on for decades, can you imagine all the other stuff we don't know about that's still a secret in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2014 6:29 AM

R7 They've been coming forward for years.

I think he should address the allegations. Black people couldn't stand him because he went against what black people are supposed to say about black people in public which is they have responsibilities and are not total victims. Hannibal Burress the black comic who started this latest round of allegations no doubt was looking to discredit him. The funny thing is all these white women will be the thing that discredits him in the black community. Black men lusting after white women is a sore subject among black people especially black women.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2014 6:39 AM

[quote]Black people couldn't stand him because he went against what black people are supposed to say about black people in public which is they have responsibilities and are not total victims.

One of Bill Maher's funny bits this week, was that young black men finally have the chance to tell Bill Cosby, Hey! YOU pull your pants up!

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2014 6:46 AM

Mr. Pudding Pops molested me.

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2014 6:50 AM

"This shit is so fucked up. Does anyone else think that perhaps women are not understanding what the actual definition of rape is? I mean, if they willingly took the pill could they not have willingly consented as well?"

Hey, rape apologist troll: seems like you don't know what rape is. None of these women took any of the pills he provided thinking/consenting to being rendered unconscious and raped while under the influence of drugs. Maybe you need to examine your willingness to side with rapists..

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2014 3:19 PM

What woman would him? He is not that hot.

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2014 3:25 PM

R18, Janice Dickinson freely admits to taking the pill he gave her, with wine. Yet she still claims she was raped.

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2014 3:44 PM

R20: are you retarded? Taking a pill to get high or whatever does not constitute consent.

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2014 3:46 PM

He must be wealthy, why didn't he just retire and go away. I think his "comeback" is what refocused attention on all of this past bad behaviour. I think this is going to be the new Catholic priest thing. Famous people who took advantage of their star power and went too far. This is happening in the UK with many famous faces from the past being charged with various sex offences usually involving under age victims.

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2014 3:51 PM

R21, She specifically used it to claim that he drugged her and raped her. She willingly took the pill. So how do we know she didn't willingly have sex with him. Look, this is Janice Dickinson, a drugged-out whore. She's not credible. So far only one credible woman has come forward and she admits that she wasn't raped but that one of her friends was. So that's kind of iffy.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2014 3:51 PM

Former NBC studio facilities manager Frank Scotti has now come forward claiming he arranged hookups and delivered payoffs on Cosby's behalf. And he kept the receipts!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2014 3:58 PM

Are most of these colored women?

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2014 4:00 PM

R24, That's not rape. That sort of activity happens all the time with celebrities. Hell, look into the life of JFK.

by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2014 4:01 PM

It sort of amazing how many of these victims willingly took the pill or did as he asked and then went back for more. This probably why these cases were never brought to court.

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2014 4:01 PM

[quote]Former NBC studio facilities manager Frank Scotti has now come forward claiming he arranged hookups and delivered payoffs on Cosby's behalf. And he kept the receipts!

Oh...my...GAWD.

by Anonymousreply 28November 23, 2014 4:03 PM

R27, One woman claims that Cosby forced her to suck his cock and then continued to work with him and claimed he later drugged and raped her. Right, lady. Because it's so fucking normal to continue working for a boss who raped your throat.

by Anonymousreply 29November 23, 2014 4:05 PM

All encounters with males are rape. I once turned on the TV and saw Screech on Saved by the Bell staring intently at me. It was rape and I carry the scars to this day.

by Anonymousreply 30November 23, 2014 4:06 PM

Think he ever fucked anyone with a pudding pop ?

by Anonymousreply 31November 23, 2014 4:06 PM

R31. I know he did.

by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2014 4:08 PM

[quote]It sort of amazing how many of these victims willingly took the pill or did as he asked and then went back for more. This probably why these cases were never brought to court.

The Cosby rapes have been going on for decades, long before the public was aware of date rape drugs.

It's a matter of historical perspective, which millennials lack.

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2014 4:09 PM

R33,

Rapists do not hand pills to women for them to take. Date rape drugs are dissolved into a victim's drink without their knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2014 4:11 PM

1. Marty Singer is a slimey, soulless piece of shit. If someone retains him as their lawyer, it's a good sign they're guilty.

2. Hitler was an artist who owned a dog. My brother-in-law molested my nieces would give you the shirt off his back if you were ever in need...

Bad people do good things and good people do bad things. It's unfortunate that just because Cosby has brought laughter to many and donated money to various causes, some are inclined to automatically assume the alleged victims are lying. Based on personal experiences I'm inclined to believe that people are capable of anything...and the harder they try to come across as perfect, the darker their secrets.

Fact: It's human nature to assume that you're lucky enough to have friends and neighbors who are all around good people, but I can guarantee that a handful of them are perfectly capable of raping someone, molesting a child, or even committing murder. Ignorance is bliss, but it doesn't change reality.

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2014 4:12 PM

This is hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2014 4:34 PM

Obama gets blamed in 3...2...1..:

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2014 4:41 PM

[quote] The tone of debate is also far less viciously bigoted. Except in your case.

Yes, R12. Because I refuse to believe your ridiculous statement (under another device at R10) that Cosby was spared media scrutiny because he was Black. & your even more outrageous suggestion that Jews are vilified more in the press by the media they own. How "viciously bigoted" of me! Fuck you, Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2014 4:42 PM

{quote]Cosby lawyer Martin Singer scoffed at Scotti’s claims.“What evidence does he have of Mr. Cosby’s involvement?” Singer said Saturday. “How would Scotti know if a woman was a model or a secretary? It appears that his story is pure speculation so that he can get his 15 minutes of fame.”

Wow, how many hundred an hour do you bill for saying that with a straight face?

by Anonymousreply 39November 23, 2014 4:44 PM

So what the fuck is this all about?

Female staffers at “The Late Show With David Letterman” are breathing a collective sigh of relief they don’t have to deal with an upcoming Bill Cosby appearance. A source close to the show tells Confidenti@l that the disgraced comic had some truly bizarre backstage requests.

“He’d include as a request, before he arrived, that the young girls, interns and assistants, all had to gather around in the green room backstage and sit down and watch him eat curry,” our stunned source explains. “No one would say anything, and he would sit silently eating and make us watch and want us to watch.”

In the wake of multiple women accusing Cosby of raping them, his latest visit to the CBS show has been canceled. But when the 77- year-old comic appeared multiple times over the years, he’d act alarmingly gross to the women employees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 23, 2014 4:51 PM

"Rapists do not hand pills to women for them to take. Date rape drugs are dissolved into a victim's drink without their knowledge."

Cosby didn't give these women roofies while telling them the pills would knock them out. He lied and said they were for headaches, etc.

by Anonymousreply 41November 23, 2014 4:52 PM

He's much loved for his Christmas songs even though he's black

by Anonymousreply 42November 23, 2014 4:54 PM

R40, That's so fucking stupid. It's obviously a low attack on Cosby. I'm starting to feel bad for him.

by Anonymousreply 43November 23, 2014 4:55 PM

Cosby The Curry Rapist!

by Anonymousreply 44November 23, 2014 4:58 PM

R43: loser!

by Anonymousreply 45November 23, 2014 5:03 PM

I wonder what Joan Rivers would have said & if she would have joked about this? Personally, I think this would have broke her heart. She always credited Cosby with getting her The Tonight Show for the first time.

by Anonymousreply 46November 23, 2014 5:04 PM

Well, I understand the curry thing. When I eat curry I set up all my stuffed animals on my dining room table in a semi circle. I arrange them by color, except for Mr Mellons who is green, and Jo who is also green, same shade in fact. So naturally they should sit together, but hahahahahahaaha! They can't sit near each other because they fight! I leave Jo in his spot but I put Mr Mellons by Bianca DuPree on the end because. Just because.

by Anonymousreply 47November 23, 2014 5:10 PM

r41 I think the alleged victims are being a bit disingenuous here.

He probably gave them pills telling them they were tranqs or uppers or something a user would want.

It's a sad day when it takes a C list male comedian to finally break this story open. In 2014 FFS.

The fact that the usual suspects in the black community aren't condemning Buress speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 48November 23, 2014 5:44 PM

[quote][R40], That's so fucking stupid. It's obviously a low attack on Cosby. I'm starting to feel bad for him.

What's fucking stupid is feeling sorry for someone who deserves all of this humiliation.

by Anonymousreply 49November 23, 2014 5:49 PM

[quote]The fact that the usual suspects in the black community aren't condemning Buress speaks volumes.

Not to mention complete silence from everyone who worked on "The Cosby Show."

by Anonymousreply 50November 23, 2014 5:50 PM

Again, many of you Cosby-defending idiots do not understand the legal definition of rape.

If a woman comes to a man's hotel room knowing the man wants sex, and he fucks her without her consent, it is legally rape.

If a woman voluntarily takes drugs but does not consent to sex, and the man fucks her anyway, it is legally rape.

If a woman is willing to trade casting-couch favors for career advancement, and the man drugs her and fucks her before she has a chance to make a deal, it is legally rape.

If a man and a woman have consensual sex, and he later forces non-consensual sex on her, it is legally rape.

If a man drugs and has non-consensual sex with a woman, and she sticks around for some damn-fool reason, and he has non-consensual sex again, it is legally rape.

Just because a DA would decline to prosecute most of these cases because it would be impossible to get a conviction, doesn't mean that the woman was not raped. Christ in a bucket of snails, THIS is why I said half of you shouldn't even comment on this issue! You go on and on, without so much as understanding the legalities of rape. Cosby had to have had a very good understanding, on the other hand, because every one of the incidents described was designed to be non-prosecutable.

by Anonymousreply 51November 23, 2014 6:12 PM

"Again, many of you Cosby-defending idiots do not understand the legal definition of rape."

I think the Cosby defending idiots understand very well what rape means. They just think that a man raping women is no big deal and raped women should just shut the fuck up and not "complain".

by Anonymousreply 52November 23, 2014 6:17 PM

I'm sure Law and Order has already done an episode about a serial rapist who was a comedian. I'll bet it's killing them that they already wasted a perfectly good plot line.

by Anonymousreply 53November 23, 2014 6:18 PM

Good post, r51.

r52, I think some people feel that there are women out there who use sex as currency, then get over their heads, and claim rape afterwards.

A lot of people do things they find repugnant for a larger reward. When they don't get the reward, or it doesn't turn out the way they thought, then it's a problem.

This isn't even a majority, but it's enough to muddy the waters, especially in this age of trial by social media.

by Anonymousreply 54November 23, 2014 6:29 PM

" I think some people feel that there are women out there who use sex as currency, then get over their heads, and claim rape afterwards."

Of course both men and women use sex as currency, and many of them regret it afterwards. Who among us, except the basement-dwellers, has not had sex we regret? All of us! How many have dealt with our regrets by going to the police and filing a false accusation of rape? NONE OF US. Because we know that the police would humiliate us, the DA would never prosecute, and our nearest and dearest would go nuts.

But some weirdos here firmly believe that woman make false accusations all the time. Either they can't believe that straight men actually want women, or that women can't deal with sex or its upshot, and only a very dim and sheltered person would believe either one of those things.

by Anonymousreply 55November 23, 2014 6:45 PM

r55, I'm not talking about going to the police, I'm talking about situations like Lena Dunham's.

Women can claim rape without going to the police, go on social media and be validated, all without having to go through the scrutiny of an LEO investigation.

I fully realize a lot of agencies are horrible regarding handling rape claims, but denying that women are doing this increasingly in media is not helping towards a fair discussion.

It shouldn't be that men are being tried by internet, especially for sexual harassment as opposed to assault.

by Anonymousreply 56November 23, 2014 6:57 PM

Why are people claiming this thread was deleted?

by Anonymousreply 57November 23, 2014 11:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!