Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

They finally took the cheap ass 99-cent electric menorah down in the lobby.

Let's see: real pine Christmas tree 6' tall with lights, bulbs, ribbons, ornaments, etc…

vs. 99-cent menorah from Target.

Why don't they just fold up and not compete… mmmmm-K?

by Rudolphreply 1012/25/2013

Clearly OP is talking about the lobby of his nursing home.

by Rudolphreply 112/25/2013

I'm part Jewish!

by Rudolphreply 212/25/2013

I know how you feel op. We get no respect.

by Rudolphreply 312/25/2013

Well, I mean there's only so many ways a person can joog up a menorah. What do you want?

by Rudolphreply 412/25/2013

Fuck you...it's Christmas damnit!

by Rudolphreply 512/25/2013

Hanukkah wasn't considered an important holiday until Christmas became a big deal. It's why we now light a big ass menorah every year on the UWS.

-Jewish friend

by Rudolphreply 612/25/2013

What building allows a real Christmas tree? It's a fire hazard.

by Rudolphreply 712/25/2013

The previous post about Hanukkah not being a major holiday in the Jewish calendar is correct. Early Christians also did not celebrate Christmas. Pilgrims discouraged it, too. Regarding why this cheap-ass menorah was finally taken down? Well, maybe it has something to do with the fact that Hanukkah is OVER. Unlike Christmas, the Festival of Lights is not a fixed date.

by Rudolphreply 812/25/2013

Jewish this, Christmas that, it's all about New Year's, bitch!

by Rudolphreply 912/25/2013

What R6 and R8 have said: Hanukkah only came to the forefront of Jewish holidays because it was considered as an ersatz of Christmas for frustrated jewish kids. Nowadays a lot of Jewish families give a small present to their children the first seven days and a bigger on the 8th day of Hanukkah.

by Rudolphreply 1012/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!