Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Canker Sores - OraSure?

I've been having lots of canker sores lately. I've had them all my life, but they've been a bit nuts in the last 2 weeks. My tongue also has a couple painful bumps. Last time for oral sex was about 6 weeks ago, if not longer. Last time for full-on sex was maybe 2 months ago (condoms of course).

Should I just buy an OraSure kit at CVS and test for HIV? I'm mildly concerned, as I saw this scary documentary on YouTube about HIV and the renewed popularity of barebacking.

Only 20% of the population has canker sores. They might have to do with stress, which is the one feeling that's always with me (abused "adult child" here). I have fucking terrible genes. Gore Vidal on GATTACA would not approve.

by Anonymousreply 1011/12/2013

Make sure you drink lots of water. Don't eat anything with MSG and don't smoke cigs. Smoke pot. Good luck

by Anonymousreply 111/11/2013

Go to the doctor and ask for a prescription for Trinolone dental paste, which is the best treatment there is for canker sores. It works.

by Anonymousreply 211/11/2013

Don't purchase the OraSure Home HIV Test. You may have an STD manifesting in a canker sore type way(i.e. syphilis) and that may give you a false positive result. Additionally, I believe the test states to not use it if one has any mouth sores? My advice, in order clear your mind, is to just go and set a doctor's appointment. Get a full screening done.

by Anonymousreply 311/11/2013

[quote] Should I just buy an OraSure kit at CVS and test for HIV? I'm mildly concerned, as I saw this scary documentary on YouTube about HIV and the renewed popularity of barebacking.

Well, do you practice safe sex? If yes, when you hear hooves, think horses, not zebras.

by Anonymousreply 411/11/2013

Cream of Tartar zaps canker sores.

by Anonymousreply 511/11/2013

Cepacol mouthwash helps, too.

by Anonymousreply 611/11/2013

L-Lysine tablets are great for getting rid of canker sores. It is an amino acid tablet. You can find it anywhere vitamins are sold. take a few at the onset of the sore, and one daily if needed to keep them away. best, cheapest way i have found to keep them away.

by Anonymousreply 711/11/2013

Get some VSL #3 the probiotic and take with 5 oz kefir.

It will help your immune system.

by Anonymousreply 811/11/2013

Only speaking from personal experience, but if you've had them all your life (I did), you could have a mild food alergy that is causing it. Mine happened to be milk. I switched to soy milk (or no milk) and no more sores.

by Anonymousreply 911/11/2013

Thanks, everyone.

by Anonymousreply 1011/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.