Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I am so sick of Verizon Fios.

Fios has to be the biggest ripoff for cable. All the talk about fibre optics, but when they connect to your house that fiber optics signal is fed into ordinary wires to your television. The picture is slightly better at times, but most of the time is no better or even worse that our old provider, Charter.

Virtually everything that isn't public broadcast is premium on Fios. They have no way of stablizing picture size. Each television has to be set up by a technician or you do it yourself. For me I either have a magnified image for a full screen or stretched image for HD. It's a pain and a rip off. The fios menu is really crude. There is very little information for the channels you receive and there is no history for the day. Once the program has aired, you can't look back to see what was on earlier. Seems petty, but I'm surprised how often I want to see if I've missed a program.

Just remember, I think Fios is crap! I can't cancel, I'm in Condo and cable is under contract and incl in HOA's

by Anonymousreply 411/10/2013

I guess the grass is always greener. I live in a Verizon phone area (in California; former GTE area) but they've shown no inclination to wire us for FiOS. And they seem to have really cut back or slowed down on the entire roll-out, as I rarely see commercials for it anymore.

I have Charter, like you once did, and it sucks. I've been hoping for FiOS ever since I first heard about it, but maybe it's not all it's cracked up to be.

by Anonymousreply 111/10/2013

Verizon SUCKS

by Anonymousreply 211/10/2013

Don't all cable/satellite providers suck?

by Anonymousreply 311/10/2013

Yes, but Verizon Fios charges a premium for their sucking.

by Anonymousreply 411/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!