Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Does your partner snore?

Mine does. Loudly. I have to sleep in the spare room upstairs, and sometimes I can still hear him. Forget vacations..sharing a hotel room is torture.

He claims he has been to doctors before we met who said there was nothing that could be done to fix it. I call bullshit. His dad uses one of those sleep mask machines but BF refuses to even try it. It's really starting to get to me. I'd like to be able to actually sleep in the same bed with the person I'm dating. It's making me resentful and angry with him that he's so selfish about not doing anything about this.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 2411/10/2013

My husband snores. I don't mind the sound. If you do mind the sound, get some earplugs.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 111/10/2013

Earplugs.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 211/10/2013

And I meant for your partner, because, JESUS, OP, you're a fucking whiner. This is an easy solution. Idiot.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 311/10/2013

My ex was the same way. I have to get some sleep and he did absolutely nothing about it. We broke up.

It's a serious issue that can deteriorate a relationship FAST.

A few items - does your partner drink? Is he overweight? Those are two main culprits.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 411/10/2013

He may have that sleep apnea thing.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 511/10/2013

I have tried earplugs, asshole at [R3]. They didn't work. His snoring rattles the whole bed. Now go take your bitter pill and fuck off.

He's not really overweight, and he snores even when he doesn't drink. I had to elbow him the last time we were on a plane after he nodded off and was snoring so loud people were laughing.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 611/10/2013

If he's not overweight then it is probably sleep apnea, which is dangerous or he has a deviated septum that needs repair or some other kind of breathing issue.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 711/10/2013

If someone snores very loudly earplugs will do absolutely nothing. In fact loud snoring will resonate through the bed. I know this through experience. Further, extreme snoring is very unhealthy and is often indicative of other health problems.

If your partner refuses to do something bout it and knows its bothering you it says quite a bit about them.

BTW, r3 is clearly a severe snorer.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 811/10/2013

Record him with your cell phone. My roommate recorded my snoring and I was really shocked to hear what it sounded like. I immediately started seeing a sleep doctor, started using CPAP, and am now happily snore-free.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 911/10/2013

OP/R6, you sound like a grade-a shallow douche-nozzle. I hope you were embarrassed. I hope he dumps you. You're pathetic.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 1011/10/2013

White noise machine, OP.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 1111/10/2013

Op, he probably has sleep apnea as mentioned. that's a serious health issue. Tell him to stop being asshole and get it checked out

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 1211/10/2013

One day, the snoring will stop.

...and you'll give anything just to hear it again.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 1311/10/2013

Why do you need to sleep in the same room with him? Many couples sleep in separate bedrooms and are perfectly happy.

He should see a doctor though, to rule out any serious health issues.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 1411/10/2013

Is the snoring rhythmic? Can't you just drift off to sleep to it?

I love my husband's snoring, and sleeptalking, and bedfarts. Maybe you resent your partner for other reasons and attribute it to his sleep noises.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 1511/10/2013

I snore. I'm having a sleep study tomorrow night. My mother, sister and uncle use CPAP. The pulmonologist told me that my overbite causes my airway to shrink. I have a deviated septum. I told the office medical tech and she said,"We'll get to that." Now I think maybe she never wrote it down.

If I need surgery for a deviated septum, can I go to a plastic surgeon and get my nose refined and it will be covered by insurance? Or will the plastic surgeon charge me for two procedures? I figure if I'm going to have to get my nose manipulated like that, I may as well go for a nose job while I'm at it.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 1611/10/2013

If someone loves you, they will love you even if you snore.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 1711/10/2013

I feel for you OP. That has happened to me several times in prior relationships. It's rough.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 1811/10/2013

Sorry, R15, but most people aren't *that* desperate to be in a relationship.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 1911/10/2013

A lot of people snore but what OP is talking about is most likely a medical condition. My skinny non drinking/smoking dad snored so loud that my mom never slept in the same room with him. The entire family slept in separate rooms with our doors closed and fans running for white noise. He developed a heart condition and died. I asked his doctor what created the heart condition and he said that most likely the sleep apnea was the cause. No one could have slept in the same room with him.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 2011/10/2013

[quote]If I need surgery for a deviated septum, can I go to a plastic surgeon and get my nose refined and it will be covered by insurance? Or will the plastic surgeon charge me for two procedures? I figure if I'm going to have to get my nose manipulated like that, I may as well go for a nose job while I'm at it.[quote]

Insurance will not pay for it. As a matter of fact, they will be required pre-surgery to take photos of your nose and then post-surgery to provide to the insurance company to prove you had no cosmetic procedure.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 2111/10/2013

Play this on your iPhone OP.

You're welcome.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 2211/10/2013

Is someone snores they need an overnight sleep study.

My friend died at 45 yeaers of age...he wasn't wearing his CPAP mask and everyone thinks he was committed suicide,,since he as majorly depressed.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 2311/10/2013

[quote] Insurance will not pay for it. As a matter of fact, they will be required pre-surgery to take photos of your nose and then post-surgery to provide to the insurance company to prove you had no cosmetic procedure.

That sounds ridiculous. If you have a CT scan showing a deviated septum plus a pulmonologist's report of sleep apnea which could be at least partially relieved by septal surgery then it should be covered by insurance without pictures being necessary. Besides, swelling doesn't go down for weeks after septal surgery or rhinoplasty.

by Listening to him as I type thisreply 2411/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.